IMG_5967 (resized).jpeg
20240420_190347 (resized).jpg
IMG_1112 (resized).jpeg
100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 377.
#2751 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Are they green Fluorescent?

No they are clear $70 they told me they would make colored for $110

#2752 2 years ago

So on a for sale ad, the person says they are not making any more SV's. Was this stated somewhere or are they just making assumptions because CT's order page is screwy?

#2753 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So on a for sale ad, the person says they are not making any more SV's. Was this stated somewhere or are they just making assumptions because CT's order page is screwy?

Assumptions i am sure. CT still has the SV page up as of this am, plus PB stated that they were starting LV's in Q4 but did not mention dropping SV's. Just looking to cash in to fund that LV purchase with the markup. 9500 i think right?

#2754 2 years ago

I would find it strange if they stopped the SV. It would mean they are only making a fixed amount of SV and LV then they are done as a pinball manufacturer? Anyone have any insight into this? Are the Pinball Brothers going to make additional titles in the future?

#2755 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

I would find it strange if they stopped the SV. It would mean they are only making a fixed amount of SV and LV then they are done as a pinball manufacturer? Anyone have any insight into this? Are the Pinball Brothers going to make additional titles in the future?

I don't even think they know yet. This was a gamble for sure. They never stated a limit on SV's, but they did say a limit around (400-500) on LV. Who knows if that is still the case. I imagine a completely new pinball machine would cost them MUCH more and be priced much higher than even the higher priced Aliens as of now. If they were going to do something beyond Alien, they would have needed to start years ago...

#2756 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't even think they know yet. This was a gamble for sure. They never stated a limit on SV's, but they did say a limit around (400-500) on LV. Who knows if that is still the case. I imagine a completely new pinball machine would cost them MUCH more and be priced much higher than even the higher priced Aliens as of now. If they were going to do something beyond Alien, they would have needed to start years ago...

Usual machine takes a year or two to design, and it can be done mostly by a separate team from who's handling production of the current one, so there's no reason they couldn't get started on one as soon as they're comfortable with the state of alien production, assuming they do want to make another game

#2757 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So unless the Pinball Brothers state otherwise, Alien will be a one and done project. Once they get enough of these out the door and recouped their money then it's over? I do get a little worried for long term parts availability with these, if you hold onto one for the next 10 years will you be able to get those light boards if one goes out?

#2758 2 years ago

So unless the Pinball Brothers state otherwise, Alien will be a one and done project. Once they get enough of these out the door and recouped their money then it's over? I do get a little worried for long term parts availability with these, if you hold onto one for the next 10 years will you be able to get those light boards if one goes out?

I sure hope you are wayyyyy off on that. I want to support them in many ventures. Bring on Predator next.

#2759 2 years ago

Well really it does come down to how well Alien works out for them. I mean Alien was Heighway's 2nd pin and they still went under so even if they do start another, who knows how that will go. Alien was unique in that I doubt it cost them as much as starting from scratch would have. Only they can say if they plan to make another but I imagine they are still making sure they can do this first one. I mean, we are just now going to find out what the LV has.

As for parts....here's how I see it. People are more capable and have better tools than 30 years ago, and that will only continue to improve. While parts may be expensive due to low numbers, I don't doubt if there's a will and enough people who want them, they will be available from somewhere.

#2760 2 years ago

I've visited PB on several occasions and spoke to them personally. I know they have lots of ambition and ideas around creating entirely new pins too. Once I was told they had several different themes they were interested of turning into a pin but didn't reveal any more details so I have no idea if it is only ideas or something more concrete/developed at this moment and I don't want to be snoopy either so didn't ask any more about it.

I'm sure they need Alien to do well to be able to release new games though as everything cost and pin development is no difference.

#2761 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I sure hope you are wayyyyy off on that. I want to support them in many ventures. Bring on Predator next.

Prometheus/Alien Covenant get the rights to use Country Roads.

#2762 2 years ago

Predator would be the ultimate follow up to Alien. Do it PB!!!

#2763 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Predator would be the ultimate follow up to Alien. Do it PB!!!

Or BladeRunner. It had Alien ties in it to.

https://screenrant.com/alien-blade-runner-movies-connections-themes-explained/

#2764 2 years ago

Rumors of doing Queen after alien. Designed by Barry Osler for Heighway

#2765 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Rumors of doing Queen after alien. Designed by Barry Osler for Heighway

could be awesome....we will we will rock you.

#2766 2 years ago

I have had my back box light go off after boot randomly since I got the game.

Tonight it is happening a lot.

Anyone else have this issue?

#2767 2 years ago

Send a a video / Picture bro of before and after....TYTYTY

Before:
0921212033_HDR (resized).jpg0921212033_HDR (resized).jpg

After:
0921212034_HDR (resized).jpg0921212034_HDR (resized).jpg

#2768 2 years ago

So unless the Pinball Brothers state otherwise, Alien will be a one and done project.

There will be another title after Aliens.

#2769 2 years ago

I built around 25 replacement computers for the original. Many talented people made other parts. Where there is a will there's a way

#2770 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]

I see more stars on top....subtle but good.

#2771 2 years ago

So how set in stone is Friday for the reveal?

#2772 2 years ago

I see more stars on top....subtle but good.

And the top edge art as well. I mean, it's $5. How often can you add something that improves a pinball machine for $5?

#2773 2 years ago

Paid $1 many months ago. Excited to see what's revealed on 9/24!

#2774 2 years ago

Wondering if anyone has put mirror blades on their Alien? I have one coming and not sure if stern or bally blades would fit best

#2775 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Before:
[quoted image]
After:
[quoted image]

How is the reflection on the glass during gameplay? Would we need PDI or HD glass?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2776 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

How is the reflection on the glass during gameplay? Would we need PDI or HD glass?

That's just it...there is barely any. WHen I had the glass out...I swear this already has some amount of anti-reflectivity on it, but no one else has commented.

#2777 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's just it...there is barely any. WHen I had the glass out...I swear this already has some amount of anti-reflectivity on it, but no one else has commented.

sweet!! pretty stoked.

#2778 2 years ago

Any alien owners working on or have solved the beacon topper mod yet? Since the game is in the wild now i figured someone was tackling this issue?

#2779 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Any alien owners working on or have solved the beacon topper mod yet? Since the game is in the wild now i figured someone was tackling this issue?

The firmware for the beacon topper is not complete yet. A future firmware version will enable this capability.

Quoted from Baggerman:

I have no desire to upgrade the original glass in my Alien. Reflection is a non-issue for me... looks great!!

#2780 2 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

Wondering if anyone has put mirror blades on their Alien? I have one coming and not sure if stern or bally blades would fit best

Normal Mirror blades may be a non starter. There really isnt room.

#2781 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Normal Mirror blades may be a non starter. There really isnt room.

What do you mean by this?

#2782 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

And the top edge art as well. I mean, it's $5. How often can you add something that improves a pinball machine for $5?

I might buy the remote controlled set and be able to up the brightness and iof needed play with some other colors...green, white, frosted, purple...be a fun experiment and cheap to do it.

#2783 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's just it...there is barely any. When I had the glass out...I swear this already has some amount of anti-reflectivity on it, but no one else has commented.

I often wonder if my glass is anti-reflective too .

There is no glare , but the backglass light is only coming on at boot-up for me , although i haven't checked in a while. I do turn down the backglass light for modern Sterns during gameplay , which is a great feature.

#2784 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What do you mean by this?

Probably really tight between playfield and cabinet?

#2785 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Probably really tight between playfield and cabinet?

Yeah, its...really tight. I imagine even putting vinyl in there or EL is going to be rough. The OG had those areas notched out.

That being said though, i do love the way the PF comes out/up. Needs to be a thing on all machines.

#2786 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, its...really tight. I imagine even putting vinyl in there or EL is going to be rough. The OG had those areas notched out.
That being said though, i do love the way the PF comes out/up. Needs to be a thing on all machines.

Yeah, the rail system is really handy, but it's all so tight that mine makes a horrible scraping sound every time I take the pf out and I'm afraid I'm gonna scratch up the walls

#2787 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah, the rail system is really handy, but it's all so tight that mine makes a horrible scraping sound every time I take the pf out and I'm afraid I'm gonna scratch up the walls

I highly recommend these to protect the sides when lifting any Playfield.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

#2788 2 years ago

The LV features reveal in 2 days can't wait!
200.gif200.gif

#2789 2 years ago

I managed to get one of these (new), so I’m in the club…. I’ve been warned by the seller that ‘it’s not quality like Stern or JJP’, so I’ll read up here what I should fix before even turning it on

#2790 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

The LV features reveal in 2 days can't wait!
[quoted image]

They are not making any standards anymore for a while I heard so that they can ship LV’s ASAP. These are more expensive and should help their cash flow. This is also the reason why they raised the price, in combination with a lot of the issues these early games have, which has cost them a lot of money in technical fixes. (I heard support is great though!).

I think they ironed out a bunch of problems, so the LV should be better.

#2791 2 years ago

double post

#2792 2 years ago

Just trying to gauge interest if anyone is interested in an airlock mod overlay. Use the existing screws or apply with double-sided tape over the existing screen. Price will be around 60 bucks. Please inbox me if you’re interested in ordering one. I may put these in the marketplace.

BE0AE993-9D3D-4EF0-9997-905C16BF0188 (resized).jpegBE0AE993-9D3D-4EF0-9997-905C16BF0188 (resized).jpegC7C53CB1-6291-4BE4-A393-452B10AD01CC (resized).jpegC7C53CB1-6291-4BE4-A393-452B10AD01CC (resized).jpeg
#2793 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I already picked up an aftermarket beacon for my game when it eventually arrives. It is 12V.

If the current game doesn't have an input for this now or for future connectivity does anyone have suggestions on how to power it?
Thanks so much.

#2794 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I highly recommend these to protect the sides when lifting any Playfield.
https://www.pinballlife.com/interior-cabinet-protector-blade-set.html

I picked up these also based upon the recommendations of Craig from Hurry Up Pinball.
I haven't used them yet since my game hasn't arrived but they look quality and I wonder how I lived without these for all these years. :-/

#2795 2 years ago

unpacked this pin, I must say that I realky like the sparkly powdercoat finish!

The backpanel is a little odd, but I’ll get used to it probably

08F8A28F-8531-42F7-BC68-3C7083C314B7 (resized).jpeg08F8A28F-8531-42F7-BC68-3C7083C314B7 (resized).jpeg
#2796 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have huge room between playfield and sides. My tales from the Crypt is SUPER tight and I still got mirror blades in there. Side protectors are a must to raise the playfield on it.

Alien has 4x's the room compared to it...

241397776_194062969464181_3806965048907008347_n (resized).jpg241397776_194062969464181_3806965048907008347_n (resized).jpg
#2797 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I already picked up an aftermarket beacon for my game when it eventually arrives. It is 12V.
If the current game doesn't have an input for this now or for future connectivity does anyone have suggestions on how to power it?
Thanks so much.

Wait for the beacon firmware to be ready.

#2798 2 years ago
Quoted from dpeck3:

Just trying to gauge interest if anyone is interested in an airlock mod overlay. Use the existing screws or apply with double-sided tape over the existing screen. Price will be around 60 bucks. Please inbox me if you’re interested in ordering one. I may put these in the marketplace.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I want one!!!!.

#2799 2 years ago

I’m in for an airlock mod

#2800 2 years ago
Quoted from earetz:

I put mirror blades (wms/bally) on mine and they rock. Recommended.

thumbnail_IMG_0367 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0367 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,845 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/56?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.