20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 376.
#2601 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

BG definitely needs a LED light strip. Anyone have any ideas on where to connect it or maybe one with a USB to just plug into the ports right there in the back box?

We can ask Cato....that dude will answer and help with anything. Who knows maybe he has some update on that.

#2602 2 years ago

I was just asked to pay my balance, which I did right away
So looking forward to getting my game, and happy to be in a later build, so hopefully it's got the tweaks from PB in place.
I was an early Q2 order in December 2020.

And yes, Cointaker honored the original price of $7777

#2603 2 years ago

Same here! Was also asked for payment for the motion tracker mod yesterday...Finally coming together!

#2604 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do think the BG needs some extra light. I didn't look to deep but the egg glow just isn't that bright out of the box.

Try a USB LED strip

IMG_6397 (resized).JPGIMG_6397 (resized).JPG
#2605 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Same here! Was also asked for payment for the motion tracker mod yesterday...Finally coming together!

Are the tracker mods ready now?

#2606 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Try a USB LED strip
[quoted image]

What was lighting the egg in the BG originally?
Anyone have a picture?

#2607 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

What was lighting the egg in the BG originally?
Anyone have a picture?

I think it is just the glow from the top of the display. There isn't anything in the backbox.

cpr9999 Also re tracker mods, I got notified today they will be shipping in a few weeks.

#2608 2 years ago

Try a USB LED strip
[quoted image]

Where did you get this?

#2609 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

My backglass is so tight, that I have to use my fingers in the speaker holes.

I thought we were gonna get a Rodney Dangerfield joke there for a moment. Disappointed.

#2610 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Are the tracker mods ready now?

Was asked for payment--not sure on ship date

#2611 2 years ago

Spoke with Melissa @ cointaker today, provided my final payment to Cointaker. Supposedly PB is sending units to ship on 9/15.. 3 weeks (Oct 7) till USA or so barring delays. Fingers crossed!!

Quoted from joetechbob:

#2612 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Spoke with Melissa @ cointaker today, provided my final payment to Cointaker. Supposedly PB is sending units to ship on 9/15.. 3 weeks (Oct 7) till USA or so barring delays. Fingers crossed!!

Are these the Q2 orders?

Also, what is the tracker mod and who do you order from?

Thanks

#2615 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Will be shipping first batch next week hopefully

#2616 2 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

Will be shipping first batch next week hopefully

Looking forward to it!

#2617 2 years ago

Try a USB LED strip
[quoted image]

We need a before and after pic....I am sure it now pops.

#2618 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Where did you get this?

You can get them from amazon, wish, etc. They are generally pretty cheap and usually 1-10ft long and can be cut to whatever length you want.

#2619 2 years ago

Does this PB-ALIEN have a knocker assy or do they simulate by sound?

#2620 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

For anyone sitting on the sidelines..
I received my game yesterday.. I believe I am around #34. Aside from a missing nut on a ramp, and needing to tweak the v2 targets to not stick, so far everything is working great. Xeno is working as expected, and catching the ball at least 95% of the time under the latest code. I've only had the glass off once to grab a stuck ball behind a ramp. No<blockquotet to shit on anyone else, but by comparison I had the glass off my R&M more times than I can remember in the first 24 hours and beyond.
Point being anyone concerned about build quality, it looks like they are quickly adjusting and improving. I don't have any complaints as of yet.

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by referring to Zablons post from the dead thread here, but I think it is very important for everyone to read it. My experience was similar in that my game was fine with the exception of a single bad board which Cato diagnosed and shipped in less than 48 hours. Also in agreement and not looking to shit but my nib ricknmorty was a nightmare by comparison. I feel at liberty to say that because spooky is awesome and I will buy every game they make no matter if I have to reassemble it piece by piece upon unboxing. Sorry, I have limited time here and I love to ball so I'm getting my skin in the game while I still have my reflexes. Im not going to hang on the sidelines voting with my dollar and hating on everything. My point is only that no one should sleep on Alien because they heard from haters who will never even own anything but stern that it's problematic. We all know what scarey Terry would say to that.

#2621 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Hope I'm not breaking any rules by referring to Zablons post from the dead thread here, but I think it is very important for everyone to read it. My experience was similar in that my game was fine with the exception of a single bad board which Cato diagnosed and shipped in less than 48 hours. Also in agreement and not looking to shit but my nib ricknmorty was a nightmare by comparison. I feel at liberty to say that because spooky is awesome and I will buy every game they make no matter if I have to reassemble it piece by piece upon unboxing. Sorry, I have limited time here and I love to ball so I'm getting my skin in the game while I still have my reflexes. Im not going to hang on the sidelines voting with my dollar and hating on everything. My point is only that no one should sleep on Alien because they heard from haters who will never even own anything but stern that it's problematic. We all know what scarey Terry would say to that.

I'm planning on a LV so I'm already drinking the cool aid, but I would certainly not say that somebody doesn't want to spend 10k on a broken toy especially if there are alternatives is automatically a hater. That's a lot of money for a product that doesn't work when you get it, and I don't think most people would allow for that on any other products they purchase. Considering that, I think the people that are critical of that are more sane than me

#2622 2 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

I'm planning on a LV so I'm already drinking the cool aid, but I would certainly not say that somebody doesn't want to spend 10k on a broken toy especially if there are alternatives is automatically a hater. That's a lot of money for a product that doesn't work when you get it, and I don't think most people would allow for that on any other products they purchase. Considering that, I think the people that are critical of that are more sane than me

Well this is what I struggled with for years with the Heighway model. I wanted one badly, but they were a premium, and likely prone to issues. Sure, the community was a huge help, but there would always be that overbearing 'what if' to me.

While the PB version could be said to have the same issue, it is also half the price. There was a bit of a gamble on expectations for sure, and I've even stated a few annoyances about how this situation played out and why certain things that were known issues were not addressed with this version which made me question my decision to purchase one. I am happy to see that it exceeded my expectations. My hope is that boards/etc hold up for some time, and that PB continues to support it.

It is disappointing that the price went up. I have a feeling that less people will jump on this great game because of it. Even I really was thinking about an LV, but I doubt I bother now. It would have to be amazing for a 3k increase.

#2623 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well this is what I struggled with for years with the Heighway model. I wanted one badly, but they were a premium, and likely prone to issues. Sure, the community was a huge help, but there would always be that overbearing 'what if' to me.
While the PB version could be said to have the same issue, it is also half the price. There was a bit of a gamble on expectations for sure, and I've even stated a few annoyances about how this situation played out and why certain things that were known issues were not addressed with this version which made me question my decision to purchase one. I am happy to see that it exceeded my expectations. My hope is that boards/etc hold up for some time, and that PB continues to support it.
It is disappointing that the price went up. I have a feeling that less people will jump on this great game because of it. Even I really was thinking about an LV, but I doubt I bother now. It would have to be amazing for a 3k increase.

Agreed. leap to LV is going to take a major shift in tech, toys, features to get me to jump. We will see soon enough!!

#2624 2 years ago

So...there is no shaker in this correct? You wouldn't know it....

#2625 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

No shaker but there is a shaker setting.

#2626 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

No shaker but there is a shaker setting.

I just mean the bass shakes this thing so much that at times I thought there was indeed a shaker.

#2627 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I just mean the bass shakes this thing so much that at times I thought there was indeed a shaker.

Agreed. MY ACNC is hooked up to my subwoofer and has a shaker...I wouldn't even know the shaker was on if it wasn't for my pinstaium neos turn purple when shaker motor activates..

#2628 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I added one to my OG and felt it literally once or twice. The old code didn’t incorporate it well. Not sure if the new code has any more use of it but I would def not buy it for my new one if that didn’t change.

#2629 2 years ago

So for those that have received and played Alien, how would you rate the overall quality of the materials and components used for the game? I know there are still kinks being worked out but I'm referring more to build and component quality.

Also, gameplay wise, how does it stack up to good recent pins like JP, EHOH, Iron Maiden etc (I know this is subjective, though).

#2630 2 years ago

Gameplay wise...well it certainly is easier than R&M. I think the Aliens modes are funner than the Alien modes. Multiballs are where this game shines I think. From lighting to music..etc. While it seems to have quite a few modes...they are mostly timed and short. You can get thru quite a few of them -albeit failing them- within a handful of games if you are decent.

Still grasping the guns and how they effect play as well.

Additionally i dont know if the game conti ues thru both stories..or you onpy stick to the ine you pick...and if there is a larger wizard mode as a special treat for completing them all.

#2631 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Gameplay wise...well it certainly is easier than R&M. I think the Aliens modes are funner than the Alien modes. Multiballs are where this game shines I think. From lighting to music..etc. While it seems to have quite a few modes...they are mostly timed and short. You can get thru quite a few of them -albeit failing them- within a handful of games if you are decent.
Still grasping the guns and how they effect play as well.
Additionally i dont know if the game conti ues thru both stories..or you onpy stick to the ine you pick...and if there is a larger wizard mode as a special treat for completing them all.

All out war is final wizard mode for compelting both Alien and aliens modes i beleive??

#2632 2 years ago

Probably to early to tell but with what we know of Godzilla so far, would you choose a Godzilla LE or Alien LV? I prefer the Alien theme but an opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE came out of the blue and now I'm kind of torn...

#2633 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:Probably to early to tell but with what we know of Godzilla so far, would you choose a Godzilla LE or Alien LV? I prefer the Alien theme but an opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE came out of the blue and now I'm kind of torn...

The toys and game play look great. The art, not so much.

#2634 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Probably to early to tell but with what we know of Godzilla so far, would you choose a Godzilla LE or Alien LV? I prefer the Alien theme but an opportunity to buy a Godzilla LE came out of the blue and now I'm kind of torn...

Alien theme is much better in my opinion. Godzilla layout looks more creative and unique. Tough call. I'm trying to decide between Godzilla Premium or Alien.

#2635 2 years ago

Alien is fantastic. I recommend it to anyone that is on the fence.

Godzilla will be awesome I'm sure, as it is a theme most of us can connect to from our youth and the current run of movies. I'll grab a premium down the road after enough are on the street.

In the here and now... "Game Over Man" -

#2636 2 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Alien is fantastic. I recommend it to anyone that is on the fence.
Godzilla will be awesome I'm sure, as it is a theme most of us can connect to from our youth and the current run of movies. I'll grab a premium down the road after enough are on the street.
In the here and now... "Game Over Man" -

Looks like you've owned a ton of pins. How is Alien ranking with you in terms of fun factor and layout compared to other pins you've owned?

#2637 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

When you complete all the scenes of the movie you initially choose (including its mini-wiz) you switch to the other movie.

When you complete both movies and all four main multiballs, All Out War is the final wizard mode.

Enjoy!

#2638 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Alien theme is much better in my opinion. Godzilla layout looks more creative and unique. Tough call. I'm trying to decide between Godzilla Premium or Alien.

So hard to decide, so I didn't! I have one of each on order.

#2639 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

So hard to decide, so I didn't! I have one of each on order.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jump on the last few spots for the " Apron of all Aprons" Game Over Man!!!!..haha

#2640 2 years ago

How is Alien ranking with you in terms of fun factor and layout compared to other pins you've owned?

Great question - Full disclosure... all new games have a solid "Honey Moon" phase. I am in that phase now.

For me, it's simple: Is it fun to shoot? Is the theme integration spot on? Will it keep me wanting to come back long after the "Honey Moon" ends? The answer is, yes, without question. The sound, call outs, light effects, video from the movies are all amazing. The build quality is good and any issues that anyone has had are really minor. Few tweaks out of the box and some upgraded parts, but 100% best customer service to date from any other manufacturer make this a no brainer for me.

It really is that different of a game to what I have had and what is out now.

Its creepy like the first movie and packed with bad ass action like the second movie. That sums it up the best for me.

#2641 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jump on the last few spots for the " Apron of all Aprons" Game Over Man!!!!..haha

That is for sure a sick looking Apron and one of the best usages of the IP I could think of. That being said, I just want to play this bad-boy for a month or two to make sure I'm in love before committing the $745 to it. I assume you will do a few rounds?

#2642 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I assume you will do a few rounds?

The designer has only committed to doing a run of 50 only. But who knows what the future will bring?

#2643 2 years ago

While I had my playfield up today noticed my left up post sticking slightly above playfield. The nut for the adjustment screw it too thick preventing the post from adjusting lower, have not mentioned the issue to Cato yet so they can make adjustments on the line but I'm adding it to my list for my service ticket

Everyone might want to check their posts as well

PXL_20210917_021618340 (resized).jpgPXL_20210917_021618340 (resized).jpgPXL_20210917_021749140 (resized).jpgPXL_20210917_021749140 (resized).jpg
#2644 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

While I had my playfield up today noticed my left up post sticking slightly above playfield. The nut for the adjustment screw it too thick preventing the post from adjusting lower, have not mentioned the issue to Cato yet so they can make adjustments on the line but I'm adding it to my list for my service ticket
Everyone might want to check their posts as well
[quoted image][quoted image]

My temporary solution was to move the nut further down the screw to the bottom of the bracket

PXL_20210917_030448529 (resized).jpgPXL_20210917_030448529 (resized).jpg
#2645 2 years ago

You will be able to play Godzilla at ANY location to your heart’s content. Alien not so…That’s why I don’t buy Sterns for my home.

#2646 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You will be able to play Godzilla at ANY location to your heart’s content. Alien not so…That’s why I don’t buy Sterns for my home.

Good point. I recently played Mando Pro and Premium on location. Also played Turtles, GNR, and a few other Sterns. Decided they were all fun but didn't want to own any of them at current prices. I think what's holding me back at the moment is the reveal of Alien LV. I think the standard version is looks great but I want to see what they bring to the table with the LV, and I already missed out on the lower prices so I have nothing to lose but time at this point.

Anyone think they'll add that playfield screen back on the LV?

#2647 2 years ago

Good point. I recently played Mando Pro and Premium on location. Also played Turtles, GNR, and a few other Sterns. Decided they were all fun but didn't want to own any of them at current prices. I think what's holding me back at the moment is the reveal of Alien LV. I think the standard version is looks great but I want to see what they bring to the table with the LV, and I already missed out on the lower prices so I have nothing to lose but time at this point.

I did the dollar lv list at the beginning of the year. So I should have some spot on cointakers list at the lower price. I am not getting the LV now because I got Spooky Pinball Halloween. You can have my lv spot if it’s transferable from cointaker.

#2648 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I did the dollar lv list at the beginning of the year. So I should have some spot on cointakers list at the lower price.

Don't mean to burst your bubble here, but from my understanding the dollar list for cointaker was just an "I'm interested" list and not a commitment list. The only ones I think are going to be honored the original price are the ones who moved their $1000+shipping deposit from the SV to the LV. To be honest I too did put a dollar down but wouldn't hold anything against Cointaker if they didn't honor the original price, I mean there is no other manufacturer where you can put down $1 to hold a game and expect them to hold the price for you. It just seems fair to me.

#2649 2 years ago

It would be cool, it wouldn’t surprise me If they add some or most of these features into the LV:

-Lockdown bar as additional screen / viewing area. (Assuming they don’t place the other screen into the playfield)
-Larger backbox LCD monitor
-Black / Shinny Alien Wet look to match the queen powder coated trim
-Upgraded HD / Invisaglass
-Beacon “topper” lights
-Numbered Plaque
-Shaker
-Customs Shooter Rod
-Mirrored upgraded art / Backglass / blades
-Extra game mode

#2650 2 years ago

I have been getting the ball stuck in the ailien’s jaw sometimes. It will finish the multiball and I will have drained all balls except this one. It is only in ball search that the alien drops the ball through the bottom of mouth. Then it just continues play on that ball. Running 2.2D and everything else is working with the alien picking up the ball.
E0ACA9BE-0DDD-46DD-9810-D6FB16FAE54B (resized).jpegE0ACA9BE-0DDD-46DD-9810-D6FB16FAE54B (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 53 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/53?hl=brado426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.