Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 376.
#2551 2 years ago

Quick newbie question. I fired up the game and the upper scoop kicker (coil 24) is not firing. Scoop 71 switch is reading as active, which makes since because there are 2 balls in there. I checked to make sure that the molex connector is seated and it looks good. Any ideas on next steps? Thanks!

16315655187402966200204863189838 (resized).jpg16315655187402966200204863189838 (resized).jpg
#2552 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Quick newbie question. I fired up the game and the upper scoop kicker (coil 24) is not firing. Scoop 71 switch is reading as active, which makes since because there are 2 balls in there. I checked to make sure that the molex connector is seated and it looks good. Any ideas on next steps? Thanks!
[quoted image]

Mine had loose solder connections. I would check the solder joints on the coil.

#2553 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Mine had loose solder connections. I would check the solder joints on the coil.

Nailed it. The loose joints were under heat shrink so I didn't notice them. Cheers thanks Paddy-o

#2554 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

Nailed it. The loose joints were under heat shrink so I didn't notice them. Cheers thanks Paddy-o

It's not surprising. Transportation is going to shake up those solder joints.

UWCSOOFNOH (resized).pngUWCSOOFNOH (resized).png
#2555 2 years ago

I just got my Gen. 2 Xeno targets. Let me just say that it totally fixed my problem with the ball hopping over the magnet. Not too shabby!!!

#2556 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I just got my Gen. 2 Xeno targets. Let me just say that it totally fixed my problem with the ball hopping over the magnet. Not too shabby!!!

Can you take a pic of the new targets please. Don’t know if I have gen 1 or gen 2 targets. Thanks.

#2557 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

[quoted image]

Apparently that's just part of the fun of owning a new in box pinball machine

#2558 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Can you take a pic of the new targets please. Don’t know if I have gen 1 or gen 2 targets. Thanks.

You can easily tell by looking at them. For the Gen 2 targets, the metal bracket extends well above the back of the target. The Gen. 1 targets were not visible.

IMG_20210913_200836859 (resized).jpgIMG_20210913_200836859 (resized).jpg

#2559 2 years ago

Someone should start a key post that's a running list of updated parts we early adopters need to request.

#2560 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Someone should start a key post that's a running list of updated parts we early adopters need to request.

Yes great idea. Also a repository for game and hardware fixes of known issues. All in one place. Unless there already exists such a thing.
That would really be helpful to people who haven't received their machines yet.

Is PB listing these helps/fixes anywhere on their website or online?

#2561 2 years ago

Can somebody check their playfield? Am I missing cables? Or are these connectors for future use? Saw this when I was inspecting the small "sticking" targets.

led_cables (resized).pngled_cables (resized).png
#2562 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Can somebody check their playfield? Am I missing cables? Or are these connectors for future use? Saw this when I was inspecting the small "sticking" targets.[quoted image]

I think those are for RGB LED for the stand up weapon targets that might be included with the LE version but are not used on the standard model.

#2563 2 years ago

Yeah, there's a lot of unused connectors on the boards. All the skinny standups don't have Led cables

#2564 2 years ago
Quoted from Batedogg:

I think those are for RGB LED for the stand up weapon targets that might be included with the LE version but are not used on the standard model.

Yes. Thanks! Got it confirmed. The board is prepared & capable for those extra lights. Nice touch by designer

#2565 2 years ago

Showed up a day early!

0914211152 (resized).jpg0914211152 (resized).jpg
#2566 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Showed up a day early![quoted image]

Congrats Man, send more pictures.

#2567 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

You can easily tell by looking at them. For the Gen 2 targets, the metal bracket extends well above the back of the target. The Gen. 1 targets were not visible.
[quoted image]

How many plays on y

Quoted from Redferne:

Yes. Thanks! Got it confirmed. The board is prepared & capable for those extra lights. Nice touch by designer

Wonder if modders can use these connections to drive goodies to bolt on to this bad boy?

#2568 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Wonder if modders can use these connections to drive goodies to bolt on to this bad boy?

That would be great, it's hard to figure out places to wire in powered mods.

#2569 2 years ago

So...found 3 screws in the cabinet. I searched everywhere and dont see where they came from. Checked all connectors, bolts, screws, etc. Only thing i found was a bolt missing on a ramp wire..but the screw is there. A worrysome thing is that so many screws seem to barely connect with the lockouts under the pf.

I checked all the targets and the ones that stuck i adjusted a bit until they didmt stick..not sure what version they are..but so far they are working as expected..assuming until the fixed ones are out fiddling with these will be an occasional annoyance.

Mine came with 2.2 on it (no idea if it shows C,D etc). Xeno is working, mother kickout working great, right flipper staging magnet works great, xeno magnet works but yes ball flew so fast it magnet didnt grab it. Hypersleep lock is working.

Lock bar latching system....idiot engineering on that one.

Otherwise , no issues so far. *crosses fingers* shoots great, i dont understand how the weapons work...but its fun.

Mine came with price cards and a ton of key fob. And some various parts that i dont know what they are for...assuming spares.

One question..where do you put the stick for code updates?

0914211855 (resized).jpg0914211855 (resized).jpg0914211923_HDR (resized).jpg0914211923_HDR (resized).jpg0914211958_HDR (resized).jpg0914211958_HDR (resized).jpg0914212003a_HDR (resized).jpg0914212003a_HDR (resized).jpg0914212054a_HDR (resized).jpg0914212054a_HDR (resized).jpg
#2570 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So...found 3 screws in the cabinet. I searched everywhere and dont see where they came from. Checked all connectors, bolts, screws, etc. Only thing i found was a bolt missing on a ramp wire..but the screw is there. A worrysome thing is that so many screws seem to barely connect with the lockouts under the pf.
I checked all the targets and the ones that stuck i adjusted a bit until they didmt stick..not sure what version they are..but so far they are working as expected..assuming until the fixed ones are out fiddling with these will be an occasional annoyance.
Mine came with 2.2 on it (no idea if it shows C,D etc). Xeno is working, mother kickout working great, right flipper staging magnet works great, xeno magnet works but yes ball flew so fast it magnet didnt grab it. Hypersleep lock is working.
Lock bar latching system....idiot engineering on that one.
Otherwise , no issues so far. *crosses fingers* shoots great, i dont understand how the weapons work...but its fun.
Mine came with price cards and a ton of key fob. And some various parts that i dont know what they are for...assuming spares.
One question..where do you put the stick for code updates?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

it will say 2.2D or 2.2E. You definitely want to update as soon as possible or you will eventually get frustrating lockups with 2.2. You need to take off the backglass and use one of the two USB ports at the top of the screen. I've been PM'd about some difficulty/misunderstanding about how to remove the backglass, so here is a little video to show how it works. The key is hanging in the coin door.

#2571 2 years ago

It will only work if you have this USB Stick...

10-DAYS Until LV Announcement !!! So pumped for this game!!!

usb_alien (resized).jpgusb_alien (resized).jpg
#2572 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think it is ok that I pass on this information for

it will say 2.2D or 2.2E. You definitely want to update as soon as possible or you will eventually get frustrating lockups with 2.2. You need to take off the backglass and use one of the two USB ports at the top of the screen. I've been PM'd about some difficulty/misunderstanding about how to remove the backglass, so here is a little video to show how it works. The key is hanging in the coin door.

Yea i had the bg off..and yes..latch is bit odd. So far no lockups or stuck balls.

#2573 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

I paid my dollar for an LV space lol.

I hope i dont get f#ckrd on this.

So far i have lost out on ultaman and Godzilla...

Its still unclear if this game is worth the price increase.

Lotta stuff to work out.

Godzilla looks awesome.

I have a sense that Aliens is gonna kill.it on location (though its a bit dated), where im ultimately putting it for a couple years.

I hope it takes a bill acceptor...

#2574 2 years ago

Lol...icheard this fall just now...

0914212140 (resized).jpg0914212140 (resized).jpg
#2575 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Lol...icheard this fall just now...[quoted image]

Lol, its falling apart before your eyes!

No worries...its a proven design.

#2576 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I paid my dollar for an LV space lol.
I hope i dont get f#ckrd on this.
So far i have lost out on ultaman and Godzilla...
Its still unclear if this game is worth the price increase.
Lotta stuff to work out.
Godzilla looks awesome.

Likewise! I was on the email list well before cointaker implemented that dollar thing on their website with a few emails to prove that, I hope Melissa / Cointaker honor that. I was even asked for a specific requested LV number of my choice at the time. The MSRP price is already released $10.695 for Limited Version (LV) – tba Sept 24, 2021 from Pinball Brothers for the LV, just like you and everyone else just awaiting on the features.

#2577 2 years ago

False alarm..it was the screw on the ramp that was missing a nut. Wasnt something new.

#2578 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I updated with a USB inside lower cabinet. You don't have to take off the back glass.

That back glass is a pain in the ass and am not going to take it off much..lol

#2579 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I updated with a USB inside lower cabinet. You don't have to take off the back glass.

Nice Find. Send us a pic if you can.

#2580 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Ah.... I never saw those ports before. I'll use those from now on. Nice find!

IMG_20210914_205057299 (resized).jpgIMG_20210914_205057299 (resized).jpg

#2581 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Ah.... I never saw those ports before. I'll use those from now on. Nice find!
[quoted image]

Thanks for the Picture. I cant wait 10 more days.....lol

#2582 2 years ago

Anyone know why PB doesn't recommend using microfiber cloths on the pf? Seems like an odd thing to call out.

#2583 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Anyone know why PB doesn't recommend using microfiber cloths on the pf? Seems like an odd thing to call out.

What are they recommending then?
Terry cloth for wiping and waxing?

#2584 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

What are they recommending then?
Terry cloth for wiping and waxing?

"Our playfield manufacturer recommended: Carnauba Wax and soft cloths made for polishing or sponge. Do not use microfiber cloth."

#2585 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

shoots great, i dont understand how the weapons work...but its fun.

Each of the 5 weapons has a distinct ability, ranging from Bonus X increase to spotting Xeno hits to activating a ball saver. You can fire the currently selected weapon by pressing the Launch button. (The screens will tell you what the ability is of the current weapon.) Use wisely for big benefit... or keep them for extra end-of-ball bonus, your choice.

Enjoy your new game!

#2586 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

My backglass is so tight, that I have to use my fingers in the speaker holes.

#2587 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

[quoted image]

$40 bucks for that...ouch...haha

#2588 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Yeah, same here. I thought I was doing it wrong at first

#2589 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Other than getting to the USB is there any other reason to take it off. On my machines from stern I am always back there...lol.

Nice find seeing them in cabinet and not the back box.

#2590 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Other than getting to the USB is there any other reason to take it off. On my machines from stern I am always back there...lol.
Nice find seeing them in cabinet and not the back box.

Not that I've found so far. When I needed to use USB ports Cato told me to go in the backbox though, never mentioned the ones in the bottom. Not sure why

#2591 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Me too. lol

#2592 2 years ago

That was a nice thing to find out right before I went to update. Much more convenient. Don't have to remove the bg, or the glass. I'm on 2.2D now. Honestly 2.2 hadn't given me any issues after 3 or so hours of play. I had 1 stuck ball behind the right ramp so far. On 2.2D code, the Xeno magnet performs MUCH better. Only missed once out of 6 or so times.

I do think the BG needs some extra light. I didn't look to deep but the egg glow just isn't that bright out of the box.

For those on the fence, this is probably the most recent built machine (that's been delivered so far) and build wise it seems pretty solid. I did a bit of research, and it came with v2 targets. I will be honest...I'm not really clear why these were 'cleared' to be used. That being said, as I mentioned above, before I ever turned the game on I fiddled with them and got them to click as best as they would, and so far no issues, shots seem to be registering fine. I am sure over time they will need re-adjusted. I noticed on the PB forums that v3 are on hold

So far, I'm happy. Nothing majorly annoying preventing play in the first 6 hours or so. One thing I wonder is why the callouts/sounds for slings and APC hits isn't a bit more dramatic. They are barely audible and lackluster. Seems like whatever sound is being given to them needs changed.

#2593 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I assumed that’s what the holes are there for …

#2594 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I assumed that’s what the holes are there for …

Me too..that was my automatic go to...

#2595 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That was a nice thing to find out right before I went to update. Much more convenient. Don't have to remove the bg, or the glass. I'm on 2.2D now. Honestly 2.2 hadn't given me any issues after 3 or so hours of play. I had 1 stuck ball behind the right ramp so far. On 2.2D code, the Xeno magnet performs MUCH better. Only missed once out of 6 or so times.
I do think the BG needs some extra light. I didn't look to deep but the egg glow just isn't that bright out of the box.
For those on the fence, this is probably the most recent built machine (that's been delivered so far) and build wise it seems pretty solid. I did a bit of research, and it came with v2 targets. I will be honest...I'm not really clear why these were 'cleared' to be used. That being said, as I mentioned above, before I ever turned the game on I fiddled with them and got them to click as best as they would, and so far no issues, shots seem to be registering fine. I am sure over time they will need re-adjusted. I noticed on the PB forums that v3 are on hold
So far, I'm happy. Nothing majorly annoying preventing play in the first 6 hours or so. One thing I wonder is why the callouts/sounds for slings and APC hits isn't a bit more dramatic. They are barely audible and lackluster. Seems like whatever sound is being given to them needs changed.

Yes I think I’ll add a light strip in the backbox , it needs it. The switch design is really bad , they get beaten to hell from all directions which makes them move around and get stuck. Cato said the V3s were waiting for spring steel to come in. I rebuilt mine using regular leaf switches and 3d printed an adapter so that they can’t move around in the playfield hole, so far so good.

Oh extra points were being awarded all the time by hitting the flippers, happened on almost all the switches.

#2596 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Since I got the V2 targets and adjusted them (I think this included sanding down one of the PCBs), I haven't had any problems either.

A repeating bug I've noticed is in very very rare cases, the ball will get stuck on the upper right flipper magnet and sit there for 20 seconds until the ball search is activated. I only see it happen about once a week. I've provided logs to Cato for that one. The other issue you'll still fine is that in rare cases the ball gets stuck in the OUTHOLE, MUTHUR, or AIRLOCK until you hit a flipper button. I think a lot of people don't notice this because they are constantly hitting flipper buttons. Well, this issue is always being worked on.

#2597 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

the ball will get stuck on the upper right flipper magnet and sit there for 20 seconds until the ball search is activated. I only see it happen about once a week. I've provided logs to Cato for that one. The other issue you'll still fine is that in rare cases the ball gets stuck in the OUTHOLE, MUTHUR, or AIRLOCK until you hit a flipper button. I think a lot of people don't notice this because they are constantly hitting flipper buttons. Well, this issue is always being worked on.

I had this happen one time on 2.2 code. It released when I hit the flipper. I thought it was part of the game, however it has never happened again. Also, I'm not really sure what triggers that magnet. Almost seems random.

Same with xeno magnet. Sometimes it seems the magnet comes on and throws the ball around - often times up into that left orbit and into the back entry to the airlock.

#2598 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I had this happen one time on 2.2 code. It released when I hit the flipper. I thought it was part of the game, however it has never happened again. Also, I'm not really sure what triggers that magnet. Almost seems random.
Same with xeno magnet. Sometimes it seems the magnet comes on and throws the ball around - often times up into that left orbit and into the back entry to the airlock.

The Xeno magnet should throw the ball around... that is normal. That's the Alien attacking you.

#2599 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Sounds like we need a super kit from @Pinwooffer and some LEDS options in the BG. I know a guy....haha

#2600 2 years ago

BG definitely needs a LED light strip. Anyone have any ideas on where to connect it or maybe one with a USB to just plug into the ports right there in the back box?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/52?hl=brado426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.