2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 372.
#2451 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Do you actually own one? If not I guess you’ll be spending your money elsewhere. See ya

Ordered last January, now paid for in full and shipping shorlty. I just hope my one is from a newer less buggy batch. CYA

#2452 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Same question... Did you buy one Optimiser? If not WTF are you talking about? If any of us early adopters have issues that is for us to decide. Many of us got in early for a reason dude.

As I said PB brothers love you/us for being their customer/testers and paying them for it.
Would you do that with a car, TV, PC, etc? I don't think so, so why should a pinball machine be any different from any other (expensive) consumer item. If it was a car in the USA you could claim the "lemon law".

#2453 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

Same question... Did you buy one Optimiser? If not WTF are you talking about? If any of us early adopters have issues that is for us to decide. Many of us got in early for a reason dude.

Why, to pay PB to be their testers? Would you do that with a car, TV, PC, etc? I don't think so, so why should a pinball machine be any different from any other (expensive) consumer item. If it was a car in the USA you could claim the "lemon law".

#2454 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Why, to pay PB to be their testers? Would you do that with a car, TV, PC, etc? I don't think so, so why should a pinball machine be any different from any other (expensive) consumer item. If it was a car in the USA you could claim the "lemon law".

I can see you're going to be one of those customers that no one wants as a customer. If I were PB, I would cancel your order and tell you to go buy a car, TV or PC instead.

#2455 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I can see you're going to be one of those customers that no one wants as a customer. If I were PB, I'd cancel your order right now and tell you to buy a TV or PC instead.

#2456 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

You are acting like this isn't a normal thing in pinball and that PB is somehow unique in that aspect. I don't like it either, but it is the reality of the hobby sadly. If you don't want to be a beta tester, you may as well cancel your order and wait until next year to order, or buy one used that's had everything fixed. Bitching here about it isn't going to solve anything - especially if you really already paid so you too are 'part of the problem' just like the rest of us. You don't even have it in hand yet and are driving yourself nuts over it.

#2457 2 years ago

Wait, so you're saying this ISN'T a public forum where communities come to discus both sides of selected topics. Someone should change the title of this thread to something more appropriate to warn others! Only people with lil brown stains on their noses are allowed to post in here!

#2458 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Wait, so you're saying this ISN'T a public forum where communities come to discus both sides of selected topics. Someone should change the title of this thread to something more appropriate to warn others! Only people with lil brown stains on their noses are allowed to post in here!

Correct this is a public forum so go open a thread to “warn others” and call it WTF you like instead of providing useless drivel in the owners thread

#2459 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Correct this is a public forum so go open a thread to “warn others” and call it WTF you like instead of providing useless drivel in the owners thread

I think the new thread should be called "Afraid/unwilling to work on pinball machines?"

The negativity is absolutely useless and non-constructive drivel. I've worked with whiners and moaners at past jobs and they are really miserable to deal with. Don't be one of those people. Be the "can-do.... we can do it" type of person.

#2460 2 years ago

Man I hate this game

9143594D-6BF5-4528-B64F-16B39A966C2D (resized).jpeg9143594D-6BF5-4528-B64F-16B39A966C2D (resized).jpeg
#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Nah

#2462 2 years ago

Unfortunately, the days of games being play-tested for months before selling to the general public are over.

Spooky is on the right track with keeping their halloween games around the shop for a couple of weeks before mass producing .

The only hope is to have great customer service , which PB is currently excelling in.

#2463 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Man I hate this game
[quoted image]

Holy Shit.....Game over MAN. Impressive.

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

682 of those were with the glass off troubleshooting

#2465 2 years ago

DHL notification in Italian received! Bravissimo!

#2466 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

oh shit.. made me shoot milk out my nose. funny shit.

#2467 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

DHL notification in Italian received! Bravissimo!

Care package inbound? Streaming the repairs?

#2468 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

ouch...that was too soon...HAHA

#2469 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Quoted from ezeltmann:

Unfortunately, the days of games being play-tested for months before selling to the general public are over.
Spooky is on the right track with keeping their halloween games around the shop for a couple of weeks before mass producing .
The only hope is to have great customer service , which PB is currently excelling in.

I think spooky has learnt from some problems on past machines.
From personal experience on my ACNC, I had a right orbit shot which delivered the ball SDTM pretty much every time. A right ramp which if the shot was a slow one, left the ball hanging on the plate that attaches the ramp to the mini playfield that no amount of shaking would free. A floating ball guide that over time wore its way through the clearcoat on the playfield. Also on the mini playfield, the ball is prone to jumping the top crypt switch causing the game to go into a ball search and loosing your multiball.
It's the game in my lineup that has had the glass off the most.
A friend had one and sold it due to the amount of problems he had.
Fortunately I am a practical person and have found solutions for all of the problems I have had, and my machine plays great now. No regrets at all. The only thing I need from Spooky's end is a code update.

#2470 2 years ago

If the ever made Alien a ride in Orlando.

#2471 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

If the ever made Alien a ride in Orlando.

We used to have one lol. Technically 2. Yes I know the second one was technically a show not a ride, and not the Alien brand but still terrified children haha.

However there was a scene in the great movie ride that was Alien.

The Great Movie Ride (Alien Scene) - MGM/Hollywood Studios, Was replaced by Mickey's Runaway Railway last year.
Alien Encounter - Magic Kingdom, Was replaced by Stitch's Great Escape! years ago and is now sitting abandoned.

OHH and we had an AVP house at Halloween Horror Nights a few years ago. You had to crawl through the last 50ft through the vents... One of my favorite houses ever!

780w-463h_04_WDAPL_R00267_00040_am_R (resized).jpg780w-463h_04_WDAPL_R00267_00040_am_R (resized).jpggreat-movie-ride (resized).jpggreat-movie-ride (resized).jpgalien-encounter-florida-project (resized).jpgalien-encounter-florida-project (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2021-09-09 at 5.08.25 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-09 at 5.08.25 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2021-09-09 at 5.15.17 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-09-09 at 5.15.17 PM (resized).png

#2472 2 years ago

Part of what makes Alien/s so good is the music and sound fx. I hope they incorporate more sounds from the movies because the game needs it. What they have in there is good but it needs to be Epic.

#2473 2 years ago

What is the weight of this pin compared to a Stern? Just curious.

#2474 2 years ago
Quoted from macethetemplar:

We used to have one lol. Technically 2. Yes I know the second one was technically a show not a ride, and not the Alien brand but still terrified children haha.
However there was a scene in the great movie ride that was Alien.
The Great Movie Ride (Alien Scene) - MGM/Hollywood Studios, Was replaced by Mickey's Runaway Railway last year.
Alien Encounter - Magic Kingdom, Was replaced by Stitch's Great Escape! years ago and is now sitting abandoned.
OHH and we had an AVP house at Halloween Horror Nights a few years ago. You had to crawl through the last 50ft through the vents... One of my favorite houses ever!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Man, I loved Alien Encounter

#2475 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

What is the weight of this pin compared to a Stern? Just curious.

$1000.00 bills lighter

#2476 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yes it is, now go over to the Elvira thread which you also don’t own and throw down some more useful opinions…

Genius. Hundreds of pins vs a sprinkling of games and not one that doesn't have issues. I really don't care.

#2477 2 years ago
Quoted from Paulatron:

I think spooky has learnt from some problems on past machines.
From personal experience on my ACNC, I had a right orbit shot which delivered the ball SDTM pretty much every time. A right ramp which if the shot was a slow one, left the ball hanging on the plate that attaches the ramp to the mini playfield that no amount of shaking would free. A floating ball guide that over time wore its way through the clearcoat on the playfield. Also on the mini playfield, the ball is prone to jumping the top crypt switch causing the game to go into a ball search and loosing your multiball.
It's the game in my lineup that has had the glass off the most.
A friend had one and sold it due to the amount of problems he had.
Fortunately I am a practical person and have found solutions for all of the problems I have had, and my machine plays great now. No regrets at all. The only thing I need from Spooky's end is a code update.

My ACNC bad been broken most of the time I have owned it. Everytime I play a few games something happens. Never again! What a POS! I am giving it away to a good friend of mine. He says that he will deal with it. Thanks god!

#2478 2 years ago

Hmm, my ACNC has been super solid, other than 1 servo that was DOA when I unboxed the game.

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Hmm, my ACNC has been super solid, other than 1 servo that was DOA when I unboxed the game.

Mine has been pretty reliable as well, just some minor tweaks and adjustments

#2480 2 years ago

What was the sticky flipper fix again? Left flipper is sticking. I need to go through the thread and put together a OneNote.
Also my flipper bats do not have a logo on them. Are these the ones that have issues cracking?

Edit: Found it

#2481 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I can see you're going to be one of those customers that no one wants as a customer. If I were PB, I would cancel your order and tell you to go buy a car, TV or PC instead.

You're hilarious and not PB.
I knew I'd win the arguement with you, your response proves it. Just admit that your happy to pay money to be a product tester, simple as that.

#2482 2 years ago

You bought one as well so doesn’t that make you a product tester too? I don’t understand your rationing.

#2483 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

You're hilarious and not PB.
I knew I'd win the arguement with you, your response proves it. Just admit that your happy to pay money to be a product tester, simple as that.

You won the argument... great... whatever.... anything to make you go away. Pinball is not for you.

#2484 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You are acting like this isn't a normal thing in pinball and that PB is somehow unique in that aspect. I don't like it either, but it is the reality of the hobby sadly. If you don't want to be a beta tester, you may as well cancel your order and wait until next year to order, or buy one used that's had everything fixed. Bitching here about it isn't going to solve anything - especially if you really already paid so you too are 'part of the problem' just like the rest of us. You don't even have it in hand yet and are driving yourself nuts over it.

Thank you for finally stating the fact about this pinball product quality thing. "I don't like it either, but it is the reality of the hobby sadly". If only brado426 could to.

Quoted from brado426:

You won the argument... great... whatever.... anything to make you go away. Pinball is not for you.

Oh reallyyyyy!

#2485 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Thank you for finally stating the fact about this pinball product quality thing. "I don't like it either, but it is the reality of the hobby sadly". If only brado426 could to.

Oh reallyyyyy!

When did I deny that there were problems? Like many others here have said, we expected problems and are happy to help PB work through them. My only gripe is with people who are whining and complaining in here without offering anything constructive.

#2486 2 years ago

So I've played my Alien all day today without any problems. 2.2F System Update is looking great!

Here's my latest settings and notes:

AUTO LAUNCH - NORMAL
TROUGH RELEASE - 50% WEAKER (PB gave me a test version 2.2F and now my trough release seems to be 100%... no problems all day. Nice!)
RIGHT FLIPPER - NORMAL
LEFT & RIGHT SLING - NORMAL (way better at NORMAL than -35%... I'd say decreasing the power here was a mistake)
DROP RESET - NORMAL (still no problems here since applying a little grease. No other modifications needed for my drop targets... all is good!)
UPPER RIGHT FLIPPER - NORMAL
LEFT AND RIGHT JETS - NORMAL (is decreasing this value a good idea?)
LEFT FLIPPER - NORMAL (replaced broken flipper with Pinball Life flipper... seems to be exactly the same, but works fine so far. PB is sending me replacement flippers with PB logo)
UPPER LEFT FLIPPER - 15% WEAKER
LEFT EJECT - 50% WEAKER (this has been perfect since I decreased the power... no wild balls at all)
CENTER MAGNET - NORMAL
LOCK POST - NORMAL
SCOOP KICKER - NORMAL

I'm currently looking forward to getting a Gen. 2 Xeno target that is on its way to me right now. My understanding is it makes it far less likely to make the ball hop over the magnet. Should be real nice!

As a side-note, coin lights now work in FREEPLAY mode.... woohoo! It's the little things in life.

#2487 2 years ago

What’s up with all these test versions? Now there is a 2.2F? Why don’t they just put the updates on the website and let everybody test them. Looks like I need to reach out to Cato and get me some of those Xeno targets as my magnet does not grab the ball probably 50% of the time.

#2488 2 years ago

Whilst I wait for the new topper...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2489 2 years ago

Cuz that's how software works just in case they change something that bricks the CPU or causes other worse issues.

#2490 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

[quoted image]

Ha look! Your cat wants to play Jonesy!

#2491 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Cuz that's how software works just in case they change something that bricks the CPU or causes other worse issues.

He's right ... I have had test versions where things have become worse, so they want to test it with a limited audience before potentially affecting a larger audience of people. This trough eject issue is a big improvement in my opinion. I haven't heard too many other people talk about it, but that fix appears to have been the root cause of at least a couple other issues I had seen. I'd say this game is just as reliable as my Funhouse now... and I thought that was pretty darn reliable.

#2492 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

[quoted image]

I had a Hook and put a colored dmd in it. It really made a difference. Great coloring in animations.

#2493 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

He's right ... I have had test versions where things have become worse, so they want to test it with a limited audience before potentially affecting a larger audience of people. This trough eject issue is a big improvement in my opinion. I haven't heard too many other people talk about it, but that fix appears to have been the root cause of at least a couple other issues I had seen. I'd say this game is just as reliable as my Funhouse now... and I thought that was pretty darn reliable.

What changed in this test version then since the last one? I have 2.2C and lowering the power to the trough and the muthur kick out worked for me.

#2494 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

What changed in this test version then since the last one? I have 2.2C and lowering the power to the trough and the muthur kick out worked for me.

Lowering the power of the trough worked for me too, but in rare cases, it would suddenly kick out too hard. I haven't seen this happen in 2.2F yet... but as with any intermittent issue, how long do you need to test to confirm the issue is resolved?

#2495 2 years ago

Has anyone had trouble qualifying the mission on the right Yutani inlane at times?

I sometimes have to hit the right drop ramp several times before the right Yutani lights up to Qualify mission. The left side works fine all the time.

#2496 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Has anyone had trouble qualifying the mission on the right Yutani inlane at times?
I sometimes have to hit the right drop ramp several times before the right Yutani lights up to Qualify mission. The left side works fine all the time.

Go into the test menu and check that opto switch and see if it is behaving strangely without the game running. It should be ACTIVE when there is no ball running through the ramp and INACTIVE when a ball is blocking the opto switch.

#2497 2 years ago

Does anyone have a video of that upper playfield magnet in action? Does it freeze the ball to setup for the ball lock shot?
Thanks

#2498 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

. Looks like I need to reach out to Cato and get me some of those Xeno targets as my magnet does not grab the ball probably 50% of the time.

You say you’re at 2.2c? You definitely want 2.2D which is available on the web site, this version helps tremendously with the magnet grab.

#2499 2 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone have a video of that upper playfield magnet in action? Does it freeze the ball to setup for the ball lock shot?
Thanks

I've had it grab the ball and set up for a lock shot but I've also had it throw the ball back at the flippers

#2500 2 years ago

Did everyone get a confirmation email when they signed up for the fresh desk? I'm trying to submit a ticket but can't get logged on

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, SC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/50?hl=brado426 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.