100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 377.
#2351 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I had the same problem so I 3D printed this thing to help keep the ball from bouncing back into the trough. Original is on the right
[quoted image][quoted image]

I love this fix. Nicely done and thanks for sharing.

#2353 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Do you know that you have the Gen. 2 Xeno targets and not Gen. 1? I have Gen. 1 and Cato is sending me Gen. 2 targets. I highly suspect my Xeno grab problems is because every time the ball hits the Xeno targets, it hops right over the magnet. Curious if the same thing is happening to you. I'm on 2.2E and IF the ball doesn't hop over the magnet, it looks to me like it would be pretty reliable.

Edit I figured it out

#2354 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I see it happen at least once or twice in 10 games. Has anyone else seen this problem, so I can tell Cato whether or not it is just me?

I have seen this as well. Has to be code.

#2355 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I have Gen. 1 and Cato is sending me Gen. 2 targets. I highly suspect my Xeno grab problems is because every time the ball hits the Xeno targets, it hops right over the magnet. Curious if the same thing is happening to you. I'm on 2.2E and IF the ball doesn't hop over the magnet, it looks to me like it would be pretty reliable.

This, 100%. If the ball doesn’t bounce on impact the ball is grabbed damn near every time. I have gen 2 coming as well.

#2356 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I do not enjoy playing this game in the dark at all. Most inserts are flashing annoyingly bright and fast which makes the PF incredibly hard to see. I don't know if you can adjust the pulse and brightness of the inserts to get a more smooth dark experience. I only stream this game at the moment, with the overhead lights it looks and feels great IMHO. My comparison is Stranger Things where I have inserts dialed down as low as I can and it gives you a much better moody game in the dark and UV effect gives you true dialed to 11 effect (no pun intended).

There is a led brightness setting in the adjustments

#2357 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Your sticky flipper issue is easily solved by following these instructions:

I had made this a Key Post a while back, right now we have 2 key posts both by HurryUpPinball If anyone else has suggestions for key posts let me know.

#2358 2 years ago

This is probably a stupid question, but what does the stand up target in between the Sleeper ramp and drop ramp that says "recharge" do?

#2359 2 years ago

It does various helpful things during modes and multiballs. Can spot lit shots, increase shot values, stuff like that.

#2360 2 years ago

Fixed my ball bouncing back into the trough occasionally issue. And put the ball in the trough super quiet now. I guess that metal protection on the rail makes the ball shoot back into trough and lots of noise from it.
Loads like silk now.

20210905_205321 (resized).jpg20210905_205321 (resized).jpg20210905_205333 (resized).jpg20210905_205333 (resized).jpg
#2361 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Fixed my ball bouncing back into the trough occasionally issue. And put the ball in the trough super quiet now. I guess that metal protection on the rail makes the ball shoot back into trough and lots of noise from it.
Loads like silk now. [quoted image][quoted image]

Hmmm... could it be that simple? I'll try something like that and see if it helps.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png

#2362 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Hmmm... could it be that simple? I'll try something like that and see if it helps.
[quoted image]

And the coil is backed down to minus 40.

#2363 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Loads like silk now. [quoted image][quoted image]

Well, Well, Well.....

I added this adhesive piece of auto detailing trim and not only does it look like it was meant to be there, but my ball ejects have been flawless for 5 or 6 games tonight. I'm cautiously optimistic, because I've thought this was fixed before and then the intermittent behavior started again. Thank you... this may be the ticket!

IMG_20210905_202300510 (resized).jpgIMG_20210905_202300510 (resized).jpg

#2364 2 years ago

Exactly the same behaviour like at the HW-ALIEN, if a metal sheet for the wood rail is mounted.
Remove it and you have no more issues in that case.
You will get more problems if Cliffy's for the shooter lane are installed.
In combination with the wood rail protector it's nearly unplayable.
Once a ball will reflect into the trough, the CPU will increase coil power in the same way as at the airlock scoop, so it's getting worse.
My recommendations is to decrease coil power for the ball trough, as I said the CPU will increase the coil power automatically if a ball is reflected.

#2365 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Exactly the same behaviour like at the HW-ALIEN, if a metal sheet for the wood rail is mounted.
Remove it and you have no more issues in that case.
You will get more problems if Cliffy's for the shooter lane are installed.
In combination with the wood rail protector it's nearly unplayable.
Once a ball will reflect into the trough, the CPU will increase coil power in the same way as at the airlock scoop, so it's getting worse.
My recommendations is to decrease coil power for the ball trough, as I said the CPU will increase the coil power automatically if a ball is reflected.

Interesting. It did feel like this game changes on the fly with these coils.

#2366 2 years ago

Even to keep the facehuggers alive, coil power should be reduced to the maximum... Egg-Bumpers as well.
"Egg destroyed" can happen really and it's not funny to repair these damend Data/East-Assies.

#2367 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Even to keep the facehuggers alive, coil power should be reduced to the maximum... Egg-Bumpers as well.
"Egg destroyed" can happen really and it's not funny to repair these damend Data/East-Assies.

Good to know. My Egg pops rock. They should probably be turned down.

#2368 2 years ago

Looks like Cointaker is done selling the standards? Not on the site anymore. Tried emailing with no response but I'm assuming it's because of labor day weekend. I was just getting ready to order and the price increase hit and they are not listed on the site now, bummer, looks like I missed out. Maybe they are getting ready to start building the Limited Version and be done with the standards for awhile?

#2369 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Looks like Cointaker is done selling the standards? Not on the site anymore. Tried emailing with no response but I'm assuming it's because of labor day weekend. I was just getting ready to order and the price increase hit and they are not listed on the site now, bummer, looks like I missed out. Maybe they are getting ready to start building the Limited Version and be done with the standards for awhile?

standard is still there : https://cointaker.com/products/httpscointakercomproductsalien-standard-edition-by-pinball-brothers

#2371 2 years ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

The picture says "1st Quarter 2021 - Sold Out"

Yeah, they're into the 3rd and 4th quarter deliveries now, just looks like they haven't updated the description - still allows you to add to cart. I was told that next batch, which my game is supposed to be in, should be leaving Italy end of September/early October.

#2372 2 years ago
Quoted from Krakatoa:

Yeah, they're into the 3rd and 4th quarter deliveries now, just looks like they haven't updated the description - still allows you to add to cart. I was told that next batch, which my game is supposed to be in, should be leaving Italy end of September/early October.

Didnt realize that you could add the Q1 SV to cart even though it says sold out. When i placed order they had a selection for Q3 delivery.. seeing that removed and having PB announce the LV for Q4 got me nervous and a bit excited. Thank you.

#2373 2 years ago

I hope they make plastic protectors soon.

Already have a broken plastic behind the recharge stand up target.

20210906_180302 (resized).jpg20210906_180302 (resized).jpg
#2374 2 years ago

They don't already exist? Plastics are the same as OG aren't they?

#2375 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Already have a broken plastic behind the recharge stand up target.[quoted image]

Figured out what recharge did?

Thought some of the plastics had changed. This one looks like at least has one less drilled hole.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2376 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Figured out what recharge did?

Ferret indicated that it has various functions (eg spot lit shots, increase shot values, etc) depending upon the mode or multiball

#2377 2 years ago

I always thought that the recharge target lights up the left out lane savers? If not, how do you light those?

#2378 2 years ago

Shoot the upper (Hypersleep) ramp to light a Revive light on the left outlane.

#2379 2 years ago

Has anyone started a write-up of the modes and rules yet?

#2380 2 years ago

Averell has created an amazing rules and reference document:

https://www.ipdb.org/files/6419/2017_ALIEN_Standard_Edition_Rulesheet_Rev_1_2_dated_2020_08_05.pdf

Some details may not be quite correct for the Pinball Brothers models, but it should be close enough.

#2381 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Already have a broken plastic behind the recharge stand up target.[quoted image]

I have sent all my plastics off to a guy with a CNC cutter he does plastic protectors as a hobby. Will post pics when he is done with them.

#2382 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Follow Hurry Ups advice on the post before this happens ..[quoted image]

Burthamburg... you were supposed to be the chosen ones!!

Played one on location last week. One of the lower flipper bats had already broken and been replaced and during my play the upper right snapped off. The flippers also lost power during gameplay more than once. I wonder if the resets and possibly the flipper power issues are related to lugs being grounded like the one dude had with his drops.

#2383 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Burthamburg... you were supposed to be the chosen ones!!
Played one on location last week. One of the lower flipper bats had already broken and been replaced and during my play the upper right snapped off. The flippers also lost power during gameplay more than once. I wonder if the resets and possibly the flipper power issues are related to lugs being grounded like the one dude had with his drops.

In my honest opinion for a machine that costs this much I think these short comings with the build quality are inexcusable! Do they do any tesitng at all or really care at all
?
I think it's utter BS that so many new owners have forked out all this money and had these issues! Broken flippers (WTF), broken plastic parts, having to re do weak playfield parts, code issues, drop down target failures, shooting lane issues (where you have to put in a bit of soft plastic yourself), xenomorph tongue ball pickup issues, having to sand down flipper parts to get flippers to return properly, wires getting shorted on solenoids because they move around, etc, etc.

Are we paying all this money to be their field testers? Why the fk should we have to act as their quality contol? Not good enough PB!

You may argue "oh it's a new machine" and "bugs need to be sorted". Well fine, give us a discount for the lack of inhouse testing. It's not right for the end paying user to cop this lack of build/test quality. If you let the manufacturer(s) get away with this they will walk all over you.

Sometimes I think you guys are so keen for these machines that you allow the manufacturer to get away with it. Not good practice.

If you let manufactures of anything get away with this then we all pay more and get less. It's on the manufacturer to sort these things out before their product goes to market. Not us the customer!

Not happy!

#2384 2 years ago

First machine from a new manufacturer. There are going to be growing pains and so far it seems they've done a good job with support and are working through the problems. I wish I had one to help with the testing

#2385 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

One thing I would recommend is to check the post directly in front of the upper right flipper. I noticed it moved a little after about a week of play so I added some loc-tite and reinstalled it. About a month or so later, I noticed it was coming loose again. There is a t-nut in the bottom of the playfield and it is located under the flipper plate mech. After digging further into it, it appears there is only a few threads that make contact with the t-nut. I grabbed a Bally Williams post, another washer, and a low profile locknut and replaced the stock PB post and t-nut. As you can see from the pic, this could get pretty bad if it is loose as the post takes a lot of direct hits. The wear from the old washer is covered by the new washer I installed but thought I would share this so others could check and adjust as need. The post I used was roughly about a 1/4 of an inch longer (the threads) but not so long as to contact the flipper plate.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Anybody knows which exact post to use there? Don't have any and I have to order it specifically, so a link or the like would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you all!

P.S.> Should that be a key post?

#2386 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

First machine from a new manufacturer. There are going to be growing pains and so far it seems they've done a good job with support and are working through the problems. I wish I had one to help with the testing

I guess it's what you consider "is a good job". I think it's a crap job for the money. PB must love customers who have your attitude torwards poor build quality on release.

#2387 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

In my honest opinion for a machine that costs this much I think these short comings with the build quality are inexcusable! Do they do any tesitng at all or really care at all
?
I think it's utter BS that so many new owners have forked out all this money and had these issues! Broken flippers (WTF), broken plastic parts, having to re do weak playfield parts, code issues, drop down target failures, shooting lane issues (where you have to put in a bit of soft plastic yourself), xenomorph tongue ball pickup issues, having to sand down flipper parts to get flippers to return properly, wires getting shorted on solenoids because they move around, etc, etc.
Are we paying all this money to be their field testers? Why the fk should we have to act as their quality contol? Not good enough PB!
You may argue "oh it's a new machine" and "bugs need to be sorted". Well fine, give us a discount for the lack of inhouse testing. It's not right for the end paying user to cop this lack of build/test quality. If you let the manufacturer(s) get away with this they will walk all over you.
Sometimes I think you guys are so keen for these machines that you allow the manufacturer to get away with it. Not good practice.
If you let manufactures of anything get away with this then we all pay more and get less. It's on the manufacturer to sort these things out before their product goes to market. Not us the customer!
Not happy!

I got a discount. I paid 7777.00 for mine.

Seen the price to buy today?

price (resized).JPGprice (resized).JPG
#2388 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I agree with this.

Quoted from Optimiser:

?
Not happy!

We knew there would be problems and I, for one, am happy to help PB work through these issues. They are obviously committed to helping resolve whatever comes up. It is not a matter of "letting the manufacturer" get away with anything... it is a matter of early adopters helping the manufacturer... and by the way, us early adopters did get a discount. As far as I'm concerned, $7777 was a reasonable discount. Like I've said before, replacing these parts is super easy and many of these issues (like broken flippers) were really beyond PB control. They need to work with their parts supplier just like anyone would to get the issue resolved at their expense. So I think the best thing to do is to be a bit grateful and realize that the alternative is no Alien pinball ever. I'm a pretty darn happy customer.

#2389 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I got a discount. I paid 7777.00 for mine.
Seen the price to buy today?[quoted image]

Absolutely not the point. That's no excuse for poor bulid quality on release.

#2390 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Absolutely not the point. That's no excuse for poor bulid quality on release.

If it wasn't the point, you shouldn't have brought the price up as a point.

#2391 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I agree with this.

We knew there would be problems and I, for one, am happy to help PB work through these issues. They are obviously committed to helping resolve whatever comes up. It is not a matter of "letting the manufacturer" get away with anything... it is a matter of early adopters helping the manufacturer... and by the way, us early adopters did get a discount. As far as I'm concerned, $7777 was a reasonable discount. Like I've said before, replacing these parts is super easy and many of these issues (like broken flippers) were really beyond PB control. They need to work with their parts supplier just like anyone would to get the issue resolved at their expense. So I think the best thing to do is to be a bit grateful and realize that the alternative is no Alien pinball ever. I'm a pretty darn happy customer.

LOL at "greatful". What for dodgy build quality for a piece of equipment that costs this much? Do PB sponsor you? Nothing reasonable about paying $7777 USD for a machine released with these build quality problems. They must love you guys who put up with this.
If they were truly "committed" they would make sure there weren't these build quality problems on release to the buying public, simple as that.
They're not helping the customer, they are helping themselves.

Instead of being so understanding and nice to PB, they should be utterly hammered about this.

#2392 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

If it wasn't the point, you shouldn't have brought the price up as a point.

Knew you'd say that.
PB love you.

#2393 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

There's a difference between bugs in the code, issues with custom mechs, etc and stuff like the generic flipper bats, defective standups, etc they cheaped out on instead of buying proven ones from an experienced supplier. Even the board issues, as much as I give a new manufacturer some leeway on, could have been avoided if they just used an existing boardset. There isn't a shortage of existing board systems out there to choose from.

#2394 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There's a difference between bugs in the code, issues with custom mechs, etc and stuff like the generic flipper bats, defective standups, etc they cheaped out on instead of buying proven ones from an experienced supplier. Even the board issues, as much as I give a new manufacturer some leeway on, could have been avoided if they just used an existing boardset. There isn't a shortage of existing board systems out there to choose from.

PB is at the mercy of other manufacturers for some of these issues. The pinball bat issue, for example.... I just bought replacement bats from Pinball Life and received the EXACT SAME product from the same manufacturer that PB used. Do these bats have the same issue? I guess I'll find out... but PB is sending me replacements bats that are actually different. So I really have no concerns about broken bats.

My recommendation to anyone who is considering buying a pinball machine is don't buy one unless you can work on the machine yourself. I think people with the sour attitudes are people who aren't willing or capable of fixing problems themselves. If you're one of these people, stay out of pinball. Any friend of mine who ever bought a new pinball machine dealt with far worse issues than I've dealt with on this Alien before, so I think the sooner people just accept that it is the nature of "the beast", the happier they will be.

#2395 2 years ago

Hi All,

Not sure if this has already been asked or addressed.

Has anyone ever changed the flipper buttons out? Mine feel wobbly and loose compared to my Stern/Data East Pins.

Cheers,

Scott.

#2396 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Hi All,
Not sure if this has already been asked or addressed.
Has anyone ever changed the flipper buttons out? Mine feel wobbly and loose compared to my Stern/Data East Pins.
Cheers,
Scott.

At first I didn't like the sensitive buttons.... but now I'm used to them. Now my Williams buttons feel too stiff. There must be a happy medium somewhere.

#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I walked into this with eyes wide open. I bought and paid in full for a NIB project. I can't say I'm struggling with my decision.

#2398 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

At first I didn't like the sensitive buttons.... but now I'm used to them. Now my Williams buttons feel too stiff. There must be a happy medium somewhere.

It comes from the cabinet switch. Not the button. The stronger the cabinet switch the more stiff the button. Adjust the switch to be closer to the cabinet wall to stiffen the button feel. Or replace the cabinet switch with a stiffer one.

#2399 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I walked into this with eyes wide open. I bought and paid in full for a NIB project. I can't say I'm struggling with my decision.

Same here... I think the only people disappointed are those who were expecting the unreasonable.

#2400 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Mine were a bit whiny caused by the friction, a dab of novus 1 and they're now smooth and responsive. I agree they're a bit flimsy but I prefer that over the Stern ones that gets stuck for the smallest speck of dust.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/48?hl=krisgonzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.