received_692021131801245 (resized).jpeg
received_651280516070057 (resized).jpeg
Alien LV (resized).jpg
20220119_194053 (resized).jpg
0DA64A13-C4DA-4B13-8635-7BA3EADEE15D (resized).jpeg
A8EE1733-4DF6-43BE-BCB2-19A43E7D39F8 (resized).jpeg
3063B580-2027-4B30-BA95-9CCB1CB505E0 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 106.
#2251 4 months ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I updated my game to 22D and it seems like the xeno grabs the ball a little better than 22E. 22E was a vast improvement. One time the magnet grabbed the ball for a split second then released it when the xeno screamed. This was the first time I have noticed that. Pretty cool. Cato has been busy!

Little confused - is there now 2.2E or were you meaning 2.2D?

#2252 4 months ago

So I have fixed a few issues on my new game. Waiting for one new lightboard (playfield 2). But now as soon as a ball goes into the hypersleep chamber, it and the left flipper stop working. During test they both operate. repeatable process. Any ideas what is wrong?

#2253 4 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Little confused - is there now 2.2E or were you meaning 2.2D?

2.2E was a vast improvement with the xeno. Now there is a 2.2D and it's improved more.

#2254 4 months ago

Does anyone have problems with their back glass not staying lit? Mine lights when it first starts then goes out when playing and never comes back on unless I reboot.And even after reboot goes off almost immediately.

Update. Now has stayed on past first game after the 2.2d update. Let's see how long it stays on.

16305375163345740881314141750988 (resized).jpg

#2255 4 months ago

I updated my game to 22D and it seems like the xeno grabs the ball a little better than 22E. 22E was a vast improvement. One time the magnet grabbed the ball for a split second then released it when the xeno screamed. This was the first time I have noticed that. Pretty cool. Cato has been busy!

Which USB port do you plug into to update? Never mind, found the one at the coindoor opening to work fine.

#2256 4 months ago

2.2E was a vast improvement with the xeno. Now there is a 2.2D and it's improved more.

Ok thanks. Would have thought 2.2E was a newer release that 2.2D, but maybe they have multiple beta development streams

#2257 4 months ago

Good on all you early buyers ... you may have issues to deal with but now the price has gone up from $7777.00 to $8895.00
... nothing like a little equity ...

#2258 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Good on all you early buyers ... you may have issues to deal with but now the price has gone up from $7777.00 to $8895.00

Damn!! How much will the LV be?

#2259 4 months ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I thought it was $8595. Now $8895?

#2260 4 months ago

Aside from any out of the box issues or things that come up later I don't think anybody's really sh*tting a brick about the lack of in-playfield LCD. Speaks well of the game when working I guess.

#2261 4 months ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Ok thanks. Would have thought 2.2E was a newer release that 2.2D, but maybe they have multiple beta development streams

Sorry I had it backwards, E is the latest. Too much drinking

#2262 4 months ago

Sorry I had it backwards, E is the latest. Too much drinking

Wait, so there IS an E version? D is the one listed on their site still

#2263 4 months ago

I am still running the original 2.2 code. The only issue I am still experiencing at this time is the occasional hang up when multiple modes are running at the same time or in a multiplayer game where the ball drains, it registers a drain, but doesn’t kick a new ball into the shooter lane. It is infrequent but does happen. I am almost certain this is related to code and not mechanical. For anyone with 2.2d or 2.2e installed, are you still having hang ups with the new code? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

#2264 4 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I thought it was $8595. Now $8895?

This is from PB website. Prices recently went up. Old SV price was $7777.

887A338F-8ECF-4A40-856A-457AA87A9904 (resized).jpeg
#2265 4 months ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I am still running the original 2.2 code. The only issue I am still experiencing at this time is the occasional hang up when multiple modes are running at the same time or in a multiplayer game where the ball drains, it registers a drain, but doesn’t kick a new ball into the shooter lane. It is infrequent but does happen. I am almost certain this is related to code and not mechanical. For anyone with 2.2d or 2.2e installed, are you still having hang ups with the new code? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I am running D and didn't have any more weird hang ups. You should definitely update.

#2266 4 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am running D and didn't have any more weird hang ups. You should definitely update.

Thanks for letting me know. I really appreciate it. Will update it today. I may stream Alien with the new code tonight to test it out.

#2267 4 months ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

This is from PB website. Prices recently went up. Old SV price was $7777. [quoted image]

Why hasn’t cointaker price went up then? Very strange. Hopefully people are locked into the $7777 price who put down a deposit.

#2268 4 months ago

Are most people having a lot of issues with this pin? Still on the fence about quality.

#2269 4 months ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

Are most people having a lot of issues with this pin? Still on the fence about quality.

Mine have been very minor adjustments. Only pending minor issue I have is sometimes one of the stand up targets sticks a little. They are changing those to a ne gen 2 switch. Don't be scared. Very solid game play.

#2270 4 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Why hasn’t cointaker price went up then? Very strange. Hopefully people are locked into the $7777 price who put down a deposit.

Word I got this morning is price is locked for those who were already in. I suspect Cointaker ordered their alotment for the Q3 shipment all at once, and they were locked in at that price at the time when ordered and are now still selling off that batch. I suspect once they are gone and they move on to Q4 orders the price hike will be put in place. I'm just guessing though.

#2271 4 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Mine have been very minor adjustments. Only pending minor issue I have is sometimes one of the stand up targets sticks a little. They are changing those to a ne gen 2 switch. Don't be scared. Very solid game play.

Not only is it solid, but any problem I have encountered so far has been a super easy fix. The thing is designed in a way that replacing parts is super easy. I'm used to working on older pinball machines and the design makes it a joy to work on.

#2272 4 months ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

They have on Cointaker website....she just made an error on the total.

ALIEN Pinball Deposit - Standard Edition by Pinball Brothers 3rd Quarter 2021
This is a deposit for Alien Standard Edition shipping 3rd qtr. ($1000 down plus...)
BALANCE is 7595.00 plus 418.00 shipping

#2273 4 months ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Word I got this morning is price is locked for those who were already in. I suspect Cointaker ordered their alotment for the Q3 shipment all at once, and they were locked in at that price at the time when ordered and are now still selling off that batch. I suspect once they are gone and they move on to Q4 orders the price hike will be put in place. I'm just guessing though.

I would suggest anyone who hadn't already ordered and plan to, call and ask what the price is. My guess is it will be going up soon.

#2274 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

Not only is it solid, but any problem I have encountered so far has been a super easy fix. The thing is designed in a way that replacing parts is super easy. I'm used to working on older pinball machines and the design makes it a joy to work on.

Very true. It's engineering is advanced for easy maintenance. It's crazy how simplified it has become compared to other games.

#2275 4 months ago

What shots are you supposed to go for during Ambush mb? I see so many different colors, not sure exactly what the strategy is.

#2276 4 months ago
Quoted from gliebig:

What shots are you supposed to go for during Ambush mb? I see so many different colors, not sure exactly what the strategy is.

Each colored group of 3 shots is an 'alien' approaching you (see the screen for the radar). you want to hit them before they reach you (hear callouts yelling the amount of meters left). If you manage to survive a 'wave' of aliens (hit all the shots before they reach you), then super will light on the side loop. After a while, another wave will begin. I sorta wish the colors reflected the distance the alien was (red closest, etc) but currently it's just that each of the 4 shot groups has an assigned color

#2277 4 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Thanks. I still feel like I need a bit of a push to get me to buy this one. Theme is perfect for me. I plan on getting Cactus Canyon Remake along with one more pin, just not sure about how fun Alien will be to play. I played it once on location years ago.

#2278 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

On FW D - no issues here either. The 7777 was a thank you to the early supporters (although I'll likely be selling this and getting the LE).

I did need to adjust the xeno tongue (perfect since) and add some more padding to the scoop and mother kick out along with resoldering the left flipper.

#2279 4 months ago

Just a reminder to check all your hardware, my mother coil came off at the bracket only found 1 screw glad ace hardware has metric.

#2280 4 months ago
Quoted from Chopper36:

Just a reminder to check all your hardware, my mother coil came off at the bracket only found 1 screw glad ace hardware has metric.

Zeno ate it.. (I'd go crazy looking for that scew until it was found!)

#2281 4 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Zeno ate it.. (I'd go crazy looking for that scew until it was found!)

I dropped a screw today when I was replacing my broken flipper bat and couldn't find it for an hour. I lowered, raised, and shook the playfield, moved wires, and swore. I finally gave up and got another equivalent screw in the garage as much as I didn't want to power on the game without finding where that screw had landed. Lowered the playfield for the final time to turn on the game and the friggin' screw fell out from somewhere. WTH???? I still have no idea where it was.... stuck under the playfield somewhere!!!

#2282 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

I dropped a screw today when I was replacing my broken flipper bat and couldn't find it for an hour. I lowered, raised, and shook the playfield, moved wires, and swore. I finally gave up and got another equivalent screw in the garage as much as I didn't want to power on the game without finding where that screw had landed. Lowered the playfield for the final time to turn on the game and the friggin' screw fell out from somewhere. WTH???? I still have no idea where it was.... stuck under the playfield somewhere!!!

But what a great feeling that is.....so minor and 1st world issues...HAHA

#2283 4 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I sorta wish the colors reflected the distance the alien was (red closest, etc) but currently it's just that each of the 4 shot groups has an assigned color

The lights for each quadrant do get brighter and flash faster as the Xenos in that quadrant get closer to the base. Admittedly that can be subtle in the heat of battle, but it's there.

#2284 4 months ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Wait, so there IS an E version? D is the one listed on their site still

Very sorry, there IS NOT a 2.2E update. 2.2D is the latest version.

#2285 4 months ago

plugging in to see if this is worth buying again

#2286 4 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

plugging in to see if this is worth buying again

I owned an original, missed it, order remake day 1. Saw they had issues scared me off and cancelled my order. Now a few months later seeing how well PB has been supporting it I jumped back in. I really enjoyed the original but its faults worried me, seeing the changes made to the new machines has me excited again to bring this one home.

#2287 4 months ago

Havent gotten as much time on my game as I would like but I am enjoying it so far. Flipper buttons are definitely sensitive and I'll have to look into that, as well as the mother kick out consistency, and sometimes the trough takes a couple tries to kick out a ball.

Biggest issue I'm having at the moment is the game freezing up during a game, flippers continue to work but no points or other functions. Have not opened a service ticket yet going to update to 2.2D code and see if it fixes it

#2288 4 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Havent gotten as much time on my game as I would like but I am enjoying it so far. Flipper buttons are definitely sensitive and I'll have to look into that, as well as the mother kick out consistency, and sometimes the trough takes a couple tries to kick out a ball.
Biggest issue I'm having at the moment is the game freezing up during a game, flippers continue to work but no points or other functions. Have not opened a service ticket yet going to update to 2.2D code and see if it fixes it

If you're on 2.2, I'm pretty sure 2.2D will solve your lockup issues. I haven't seen a lockup since installing 2.2B. The only thing I've seen recently resembling a lockup is the ball occasionally goes into the MUTHUR, AIRLOCK SCOOP, or TROUGH and then nothing happens until you hit a flipper button. Then the ball releases. I'm testing a possible fix for this right now, so hopefully that issue will be resolved soon as well.

#2289 4 months ago

Did they state how big a run this game is gonna have for the standard or an ongoing production? The price increase actually got me to move my order to a Halloween. I still want an Alien eventually but obviously by the time I can get one we will see how hard these will be to get... and expensive

#2290 4 months ago

Only thing that seemed to fix my random playfield lockups was some new boards, but I haven't had any issues with that since.

#2291 4 months ago

Alien is awesome. I only have a couple plays in so far, but i'm digging it. Will get more plays in over the weekend. Build quality is good. The sound is amazing. Playfield is a little dark, but it adds to the theme and enjoyment in my opinion. When a mode gets going the other light effects are cool. Glad to be in the club.

#2292 4 months ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Did they state how big a run this game is gonna have for the standard or an ongoing production? The price increase actually got me to move my order to a Halloween. I still want an Alien eventually but obviously by the time I can get one we will see how hard these will be to get... and expensive

I have a similar dilemma. Really want an Alien, but went with a Halloween CE. I dont want to miss out on Alien and Elvira before they are out of production, but tapped out financially since just had a second kid, and don't really want to sell the pins I have.

If the Alien limited version looks amazing I might bite the bullet and sell two of my pins, or try to get a standard Alien and on the 2022 Elvira run

#2293 4 months ago

Any suggestions on why I get a "unknown update error" when I try to update my game? It came with 2.2 installed and trying to put 2.2D on it.

#2294 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

I only thought the screw black hole happened to me.lol

Quoted from ElCid95:

Any suggestions on why I get a "unknown update error" when I try to update my game? It came with 2.2 installed and trying to put 2.2D on it.

Do you have the update in a folder and just on the drive not in folder? Is it USB formatted to the right format?

#2295 4 months ago
Quoted from ElCid95:

Make sure you select the right update option - I think there is a System Update and a Firmware Update. I believe you need to do System Update.

Also make sure you use a freshly formatted (FAT32) USB stick.

#2296 4 months ago

Any thoughts on when or what art blades fit this cabinet?

#2297 4 months ago
Quoted from brado426:

If you're on 2.2, I'm pretty sure 2.2D will solve your lockup issues. I haven't seen a lockup since installing 2.2B. The only thing I've seen recently resembling a lockup is the ball occasionally goes into the MUTHUR, AIRLOCK SCOOP, or TROUGH and then nothing happens until you hit a flipper button. Then the ball releases. I'm testing a possible fix for this right now, so hopefully that issue will be resolved soon as well.

Quoted from zacaj:

Only thing that seemed to fix my random playfield lockups was some new boards, but I haven't had any issues with that since.

Thanks for the info guys, will start with the code update and hope for the best. Of course it had to lock up on me after a ball 1 that was better then any total score I've put on the game so far

#2298 4 months ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Thanks for the info guys, will start with the code update and hope for the best. Of course it had to lock up on me after a ball 1 that was better then any total score I've put on the game so far

Half the time it happened to me it was during Loader Battle!

#2299 4 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Any thoughts on when or what art blades fit this cabinet?

I would hold off for awhile. I think someone will make EL blades like what was on the original -- if not PB themselves for the LV (which supposedly cosmetics were going to be for sale for SV as well). All of that could change, but I imagine someone will pick it up if not.

#2300 4 months ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Make sure you select the right update option - I think there is a System Update and a Firmware Update. I believe you need to do System Update.
Also make sure you use a freshly formatted (FAT32) USB stick.

Yep, it was freshly formatted and in the root directory.

There are 5,259 posts in this topic. You are on page 46 of 106.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside