100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 377.
#2201 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Gane arrived yesterday, got it set up today. Muther eject won't alway kick the ball with enough force to kick it out. Does it with the uodated code. Anyone else have this issue? I even put the strength up +50% and no change in behavior

I was surprised to see you guys were streaming Alien on Saturday night. I didn't watch for long as I'm addicted to those District 82 tournaments that Tom Graff streams. Look forward to seeing Alien more on your stream.

I suspect some sort of mechanical binding on your MUTHR kickout. I bet the plunger is binding on the edge of the kickout opening. I've settled on -45% on my kickout to give me a nice smooth feed to the upper flipper. +50% would likely launch it through the plastic above!

#2202 2 years ago

Thanks for that should be a key post.

I found that last night after posting and went through and checked. I pulled all those cables, labeled them to prevent any miss assembly and connected in the same location as listed in the doc, still no communication, so I put in a ticket.

Also, the backbox monitor display only comes on in 1 of 3 powercycles, so I think something else is amiss.

#2203 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I was sent a new set of 4 flipper bats in my most recent care package. I thought it was a mistake, as I'd never had an issue with my flippers, so I asked Cato. He said that some of the earlier run flipper bats had a manufacturing defect that could cause them to snap as several of you have observed. The newer flipper bats have a PB logo on them - the earlier ones nave no logo. I went ahead and replaced all mine just to be sure.

Interesting. Thanks for letting us know about that. I apparently had some of those early run flipper bats. I'll be sure to request some official ones from PB.

#2204 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I was surprised to see you guys were streaming Alien on Saturday night. I didn't watch for long as I'm addicted to those District 82 tournaments that Tom Graff streams. Look forward to seeing Alien more on your stream.
I suspect some sort of mechanical binding on your MUTHR kickout. I bet the plunger is binding on the edge of the kickout opening. I've settled on -45% on my kickout to give me a nice smooth feed to the upper flipper. +50% would likely launch it through the plastic above!

The lack of power was immediately a problem when firing up. I did some adjustments right away to make sure nothing was binding. What I found in the coil test was sometimes it would fire nice, sometimes it would barely fire. When I manually operated the plunger, it sounded like the plunger was binding. I grabbed a chrome plated plunger that was similar, but a little longer and it moved freely without the binding sound. I spaced the mech down to get it positioned to a point where it worked with a slight switch adjustment. it just barely kicks it out at the +50%. This is also on the ticket I put in.

#2205 2 years ago

It has arrived!!!

received_322119932989057 (resized).jpegreceived_322119932989057 (resized).jpeg
#2206 2 years ago

When all is said and done I'm curious to know how much extra $$ PB is spending on these care packages. It explains the price increase as I'm sure it's hurting their bottom line and they're not making the profits they were expecting.

#2207 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

When all is said and done I'm curious to know how much extra $$ PB is spending on these care packages. It explains the price increase as I'm sure it's hurting their bottom line and they're not making the profits they were expecting.

Postage and handling and faster deliveries are not cheap.

#2208 2 years ago

Just took delivery on my game as well!! Help getting it in the house can't come fast enough

PXL_20210830_163452769 (resized).jpgPXL_20210830_163452769 (resized).jpg
#2209 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Just took delivery on my game as well!! Help getting it in the house can't come fast enough
[quoted image]

On my way.....lol.

Congrats.

#2210 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It has arrived!!![quoted image]

Always nervous watching them drop that ramp...lol

#2211 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I am the only who has constant issues with the APC stopping to register?

The connector on the PF PCB is really flaky. I noticed that on mine too. I re-seated it a couple of times, works now (the "C" wasn't registering).

I had a bunch of weird problems yesterday.
- Start button, left flipper button and coindoor buttons stopped working. A power cycle cleared it.
- The tongue of the Xeno didn't extend fully and was stuttering severely, another power cycle and on my second Ambush on my last game it seemed just fine.

I'm also having sticky flipper issues *very* intermittently (like once or twice in a 1-2 hour session), I tried to gap the flippers but to no avail. Is stronger springs a better solution? This only happens after an hour or so of constant play, so it might be a related to heat since there's no hold winding on the coils. Sanding the bushings is the only solution?

#2212 2 years ago

Had to go to work before starting it up. Only issue so far was bent t molding from head being down tight on rails. It is on both sides.
received_979644969525503 (resized).jpegreceived_979644969525503 (resized).jpeg

#2213 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Is stronger springs a better solution?

I tightened my return springs and that seems fine for now. There is a slot on the flipper mech that you can easily slide your sprint onto. Works much better than trying to thread the end of the sprint into the tiny hole. I only had to sand one bushing.

#2214 2 years ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

Interesting. I didn't have the tip N tell on my box.

#2215 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Had to go to work before starting it up. Only issue so far was bent t molding from head being down tight on rails. It is on both sides.

I have this on mine as well, not as severe as yours and only noticable on the left side.

#2216 2 years ago

I’ve been on this ride for a long, long time. But I’m happy to say that it has finally arrived!

2D1712CB-780E-4A37-A4F0-BD47D97A7745 (resized).jpeg2D1712CB-780E-4A37-A4F0-BD47D97A7745 (resized).jpeg
#2217 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

That's true but you can't put a price on Great customer Service!

Pinball Brothers seem to be determined to do just that and I for one am really happy to see that from a new company, just try getting this level of service from Stern or JJP and see what you get.

#2218 2 years ago

These pins have weird serial numbers.

#2219 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

These pins have weird serial numbers.

Explain as some of us are living the excitement thru you guys.

#2220 2 years ago

Here's a simple question with no correct answer. Let's say you put a deposit down within the last two weeks for "Q3 2021." When do you think it's REALLY going to get here? I figure some of you will that have been following along be better informed than I. From what I've seen of this thread I'm thinking in reality Q1 2022?

#2221 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Here's a simple question with no correct answer. Let's say you put a deposit down within the last two weeks for "Q3 2021." When do you think it's REALLY going to get here? I figure some of you will that have been following along will be better informed than I. From what I've seen of this thread I'm thinking in reality Q1 2022?

I think the first batch takes the longest. Shipping container shortages and training employees on how to build these first 50. I think you guys will get yours relatively on time now.

#2222 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I think the first batch takes the longest. Shipping container shortages and training employees on how to build these first 50. I think you guys will get yours relatively on time now.

That is an incredibly bold statement. But I like it.

#2224 2 years ago

Next batch should be Q2 2021. Behind but not by much. Mid Jan - Feb 2022. Treating as a normal distribution.

#2225 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

From what I've seen of this thread I'm thinking in reality Q1 2022

Take PB/CoinTaker's estimate and make your own "best case" scenario. Now, double that, and you have a realistic date. That's what I did and pinned down that my game was going to be here in September. It arrived three weeks early, to my surprise and I was not dissappointed.

Oh, my order was in on day 1 re-launch day with CT, #34 (or #32, can't remember) in line.

#2226 2 years ago

Finally got to play my first 2 games. Works 100 percent. Even the zenomorph caught my ball on the Multiball Ambush mode. Only had to adjust tilt Bob so far.

Game is super dark. I will be getting pinstadiums for sure.

16303793119643086675211805103385 (resized).jpg16303793119643086675211805103385 (resized).jpg
#2227 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I wish there was a way to add spot lights. Cato is so busy I feel bad asking him but maybe somebody here can figure it out. Also would like to know if anybody has added a powered sub to this game?

#2228 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Finally got to play my first 2 games. Works 100 percent. Even the zenomorph caught my ball on the Multiball Ambush mode. Only had to adjust tilt Bob so far.
[quoted image]

Love to hear it! Do you know what version of code you’re on?

#2229 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

Just be careful as pinstadiums in alien absolutely kill the atmosphere. I have them in many of my games but they don’t belong in alien

#2230 2 years ago

I created a simple solution for dark playfields several years ago I call “Valley Lights.” It’s tied to the GI, run through a rectifier and then to a pair of strips. I like to play in a dark room so putting dim bulbs in the backbox and adding these lights make it a joy to play in any light
I’ve done it on a couple dozen of my machines. Non permanent and easily removed.

Here’s a few examples
7DCEF871-85A9-4A12-9024-14421A136E06 (resized).jpeg7DCEF871-85A9-4A12-9024-14421A136E06 (resized).jpeg7CE6FED3-B15A-4999-9BCB-F222471450D8 (resized).jpeg7CE6FED3-B15A-4999-9BCB-F222471450D8 (resized).jpeg4327F151-8AD8-472A-B7A3-E2B599D358E0 (resized).jpeg4327F151-8AD8-472A-B7A3-E2B599D358E0 (resized).jpeg

I may do the same on this machine.

#2231 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Love to hear it! Do you know what version of code you’re on?

#2232 2 years ago

My coin door lights are not hooked up.
Not even sure where to connect them. Had a few switches stick at the sides of air lock scoop and a zeno swith. Two ambushes since have not caught on magnet, only caught on first game. Flipper buttons are touchy. They activate real easy.

16303830480764875911002256958179 (resized).jpg16303830480764875911002256958179 (resized).jpg16303830736882485435608200050423 (resized).jpg16303830736882485435608200050423 (resized).jpg16303830963102622717252385145078 (resized).jpg16303830963102622717252385145078 (resized).jpg
#2233 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

My coin door lights are not hooked up.

They are plugged in. They only work when you have FREE PLAY turned off. It's going to be fixed in one of the future updates.

#2234 2 years ago

2.2C is the latest code. Wait, I just looked and there is another update 2.2D. Has anybody tried it yet?

#2235 2 years ago

Hopefully you 1st rounders are all creating tickets on all these things so they are triple checked on subsequent batches.
You all are our quality controllers and we love you for it. Thank you so much.

#2236 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Just be careful as pinstadiums in alien absolutely kill the atmosphere. I have them in many of my games but they don’t belong in alien

I agree with this... I think the lighting is perfect as is. Any additional light and it would ruin the atmosphere. Additional light is really not necessary. The only missing lighting is the coin door lights during FREEPLAY mode and occasional light from beacons on the top of the game!

#2237 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Game is super dark. I will be getting pinstadiums for sure

!?

well, its Alien(s)...

#2238 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

Nooooooooo! This game is supposed to be dark and scary. If anything it's way to much light. It should come from factory with only half the GI, Tommy blinders and black pinballs, THAT would capture the horrifying and scary experience of the Alien/s movies

#2239 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

They are plugged in. They only work when you have FREE PLAY turned off. It's going to be fixed in one of the future updates.

Thanks. Never thought they would do something like that..lol

#2240 2 years ago
Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Nooooooooo! This game is supposed to be dark and scary. If anything it's way to much light. It should come from factory with only half the GI, Tommy blinders and black pinballs, THAT would capture the horrifying and scary experience of the Alien/s movies

I play in the dark in my pinball room. I can't see any of the playfield art and super hard to follow the ball. There are settings for brightness for pinstadiums.

#2241 2 years ago

Turned it on this morning. It booted up fine but left his tongue sitting out. Restared machine and it pulled it back in but hesitated a second halfway up when going back in. And playing blind. No screen.
Rebooted 3rd time and seems fine now.

16304199235705912101084077021173 (resized).jpg16304199235705912101084077021173 (resized).jpg

#2242 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Turned it on this morning. It booted up fine but left his tongue sitting out. Restared machine and it pulled it back in but hesitated a second halfway up when going back in. And playing blind. No screen.
[quoted image]

Just to be clear, you are talking about a pinball machine right?

#2243 2 years ago

Hi. I just received mine over the weekend.

I have a fair few issues but I have a ticket open with Pinball Brothers to rectify. I wanted to ask has anyone changed the buttons out? They seem real flimsy. Also can anyone link to replacement flipper bats? One of mine is broken. Not from shipment long story on that...

#2244 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

i have had issues with the tongue .. if it doesn't pass the boot up test , then the tongue is disabled. I will have to go back and look through adjustments for that.

The tongue is very noisy and seems to be binding (due to noise only.)

Also my tech tried to fix the bushing issue (like hurry up pinball) and seemingly made it worse. All 4 flippers were sticking the next day (somehow the more you play the less they stick) and i had to adjust the height they sit off the bushing.

#2245 2 years ago

Anybody figure out how to tap into the sound for headphones . I emailed Pinnovators today asking the same. Coin door appears to be exact match to Stern JP.

Headphone kit with Woojer is "out of the world" on Jurassic Park and will be "out of this galaxy " on alien.

#2246 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]

I've seen that happen before on rare occasions. Took logs and have an open ticket with PB on it.

#2247 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Quoted from s000m:

Hi. I just received mine over the weekend.
I have a fair few issues but I have a ticket open with Pinball Brothers to rectify. I wanted to ask has anyone changed the b
uttons out? They seem real flimsy. Also can anyone link to replacement flipper bats? One of mine is broken. Not from shipment long story on that...

These were referenced as replacements in this forum... https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-bat-and-shaft-assemblies-no-logo.html

#2248 2 years ago

I get mine on Thursday so I'm not going to make any promises yet. That's what I ordered though. My understanding is that the replacements from Pinball Brothers have a PB logo on them... so I think I'd rather have those anyway.

#2249 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I get mine on Thursday so I'm not going to make any promises yet. That's what I ordered though. My understanding is that the replacements from Pinball Brothers have a PB logo on them... so I think I'd rather have those anyway.

Reminds me of the red sparkly bats breaking on the early WOZ.

They used a different plastic/nylon that was too brittle.

They went to a standard black and never looked back...

#2250 2 years ago

I updated my game to 22D and it seems like the xeno grabs the ball a little better than 22E. 22E was a vast improvement. One time the magnet grabbed the ball for a split second then released it when the xeno screamed. This was the first time I have noticed that. Pretty cool. Cato has been busy!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/45?hl=s000m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.