Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 376.
#2151 2 years ago

Wasnt today the day they were supposed to announce details around the LV?

#2152 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

From their FB post:

We are also happy to inform you that the long-awaited Limited Version of Alien will be announced Friday September 24 with production to follow in Q4.

#2153 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not unless we went through a time warp to Sept. 24:

Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

LV details coming September 24th!
[quoted image]

#2154 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

We can only wish.....

#2155 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Anyone here had this issue near their slingshots?
Appears to be pooling and i'm concerned...
[quoted image]

Is this a PB Playfield or a Mirco replacement on an original??

#2156 2 years ago
Quoted from legendpin:

Is Richard here??

I'm here. Hope you guys enjoyed the video. Cary did a great job.

#2157 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Okay keep looking out that window...we need first contact pics asap...lol

Playing great so far .. needed to adjust egg bumpers , flipper sticky and updating code to see if it improves ball grabbing and mutha kickout (a little wonky!

long live Alien!!

20210827_151619 (resized).jpg20210827_151619 (resized).jpg20210827_152709 (resized).jpg20210827_152709 (resized).jpg20210827_154941 (resized).jpg20210827_154941 (resized).jpg20210827_155020 (resized).jpg20210827_155020 (resized).jpg20210827_165905 (resized).jpg20210827_165905 (resized).jpg
#2158 2 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

From their FB post:
We are also happy to inform you that the long-awaited Limited Version of Alien will be announced Friday September 24 with production to follow in Q4.

I am hoping that for the LV they ramp up production big time they have a shit load of orders of SV to fill....

#2159 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yeah, I had this Friday in my head for some reason. With the recent price hike announcement, I'm now debating if I should just go with the SV. I guess I can wait to see if the LV is worth the price tag

#2160 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Considering stern will try and get 10k+ for their LEs (which is an absolute joke), I'm fine with this price. I always thought the 7777 for SV was the steal/buy of the year and happy with mine but it will be on the market as soon as I get the LV. For me, LV has to have the interior lit blades. Comparing the OG to PB, the new one hands down beats the old with all of it's additions EXCEPT the missing interior lit blades. Those need to happen. Screen I can live with or without which is prob the biggest surprise since owning the new PB version is how much I don't miss it. Beacons need to happen too although they will work with the SV (PB confirmed to me yesterday) and assume same with LV so no worries there.
Bring on the LV. New code btw, really fixes the magnet grab by xeno. OG had the same issue as well but this new FW grabs it better than I've seen on either version. No issues to report and I'm loving it. Alien pinball continues to be my fav pinball game out there.
On a side note, don't sleep on Dialed In. Game is legit.

I just bought a Dialed In standard with the intention of it being a floater game and both myself and my wife are really enjoying it. It’s a great game and will be sticking around for a while.

93972756-FB00-4822-91C5-62B077C72931 (resized).jpeg93972756-FB00-4822-91C5-62B077C72931 (resized).jpeg
#2161 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Playing great so far .. needed to adjust egg bumpers , flipper sticky and updating code to see if it improves ball grabbing and mutha kickout (a little wonky!
long live Alien!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats - So Jelly. Enjoy Enjoy.

#2162 2 years ago

Congrats - So Jelly. Enjoy Enjoy.

Morning Muthas

20210828_095336 (resized).jpg20210828_095336 (resized).jpg

previous high was 90M

#2163 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Morning Muthas
[quoted image]
previous high was 90M

I am coming over for 4-5 hours to play. Do I need to bring anything??

#2164 2 years ago

I am coming over for 4-5 hours to play. Do I need to bring anything??

Extra flamethrower to battle these space beasts.

#2165 2 years ago

Has anyone gotten top beacons for this new machine yet?

#2166 2 years ago

There is a first for everything... I've never seen a flipper bat just shatter apart on a new game so bad. Had to remove the assembly under the playfield to swap in a new flipper. It was that or remove the ramp. The assembly was quicker.

IMG_20210827_164718_661 (resized).jpgIMG_20210827_164718_661 (resized).jpgIMG_20210827_164740_817 (resized).jpgIMG_20210827_164740_817 (resized).jpgIMG_20210827_164755_131 (resized).jpgIMG_20210827_164755_131 (resized).jpg
#2167 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

There is a first for everything... I've never seen a flipper bat just shatter apart on a new game so bad. Had to remove the assembly under the playfield to swap in a new flipper. It was that or remove the ramp. The assembly was quicker.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh snap! Never seen that before, let alone on a NIB.

#2168 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

long live Alien!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When you get the code updated, set the MUTHUR kicker strength to -45% or -50%. That will make it perfect.

Quoted from drypaint:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Same thing just happened to me yesterday!!!! Exact same flipper too! Bought some new pinball flippers from Pinball Life. Coincidence? Is it possible the new firmware caused it? I wasn't going to bother reporting this to PB, but now I'm thinking I better.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#2169 2 years ago

Wow, I wasn't going to tell them either, but now I should mention it too.

#2170 2 years ago

Where or how do you get the latest code update?

#2171 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Where or how do you get the latest code update?

You have to submit a ticket to Pinball Brothers asking for the latest Beta code. It's not an official release yet and Cato will send it if you are having the issues that it fixes, like the Muther kickout and Xeno grabbing. At this time V2.2 is the latest official code that is posted on their website

#2172 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

You have to submit a ticket to Pinball Brothers asking for the latest Beta code. It's not an official release yet and Cato will send it if you are having the issues that it fixes, like the Muther kickout and Xeno grabbing. At this time V2.2 is the latest official code that is posted on their website

OK. Thanks.

#2175 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Beta is on the website now... they released it early, but you have to bug report it. Think it is V2.2c?

#2176 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

When you get the code updated, set the MUTHUR kicker strength to -45% or -50%. That will make it perfect.

Same thing just happened to me yesterday!!!! Exact same flipper too! Bought some new pinball flippers from Pinball Life. Coincidence? Is it possible the new firmware caused it? I wasn't going to bother reporting this to PB, but now I'm thinking I better.
[quoted image]

Can you post the part number you ordered from P-Life please? Thank you.

#2177 2 years ago

I hope the lv has a real glass back glass.

#2178 2 years ago

Gane arrived yesterday, got it set up today. Muther eject won't alway kick the ball with enough force to kick it out. Does it with the uodated code. Anyone else have this issue? I even put the strength up +50% and no change in behavior

#2179 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Gane arrived yesterday, got it set up today. Muther eject won't alway kick the ball with enough force to kick it out. Does it with the uodated code. Anyone else have this issue? I even put the strength up +50% and no change in behavior

Check out this service bulletin, this was for the too much strength but wouldn't hurt to check the screws are tight and the alignment.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000711606-left-eject-mother-is-not-consistent-

#2180 2 years ago

I am the only who has constant issues with the APC stopping to register?

#2181 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Can you post the part number you ordered from P-Life please? Thank you.

I ordered these. My understanding is that they are a standard part. I guess I'll find out once they arrive. Never had to replace a flipper bat before.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-bat-and-shaft-assemblies-no-logo.html

#2182 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Take a look at dri post here, he went above and beyond to fix his drop target issues and I'm sure if you drop him a line he'll be happy to help. I wish he would have made a video on the fix the pictures are a little hard to understand for me

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/41#post-6455557

Also Hurry up Pinball fixed his also but not to the extent as Dri, hope this helps

#2183 2 years ago

Had my Alien in a tournament today on the beta code. Held up great until the very last game, when I stacked Sentry Guns and Ambush multiball, and a ball just sat in the left scoop, never kicking out. Manually ejected it and it wouldn't end the ball or anything after that

#2184 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Had my Alien in a tournament today on the beta code. Held up great until the very last game, when I stacked Sentry Guns and Ambush multiball, and a ball just sat in the left scoop, never kicking out. Manually ejected it and it wouldn't end the ball or anything after that

Got the same behavior on 2.2D tonight. Stuck in MUTHER. Needed powercycle. Did you eject using service mode?

#2185 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Got the same behavior on 2.2D tonight. Stuck in MUTHER. Needed powercycle. Did you eject using service mode?

I did but then I shot the ball back in and it was stuck again.

#2186 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

This is the only issue I continue to have and I’m pretty certain it is code related. It doesn’t lock up frequently and I can go a 2 hour stream with no issues but every once in a while, when stacking multiple things, it locks up. I also locked it up hitting the shoot button for the shotgun to start Ambush at exactly the same time as the ball drained.

#2187 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

There is a first for everything... I've never seen a flipper bat just shatter apart on a new game so bad.

how many plays? Lots of dimples already too i see

#2188 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

how many plays? Lots of dimples already too i see

I'm not at the shop to check, but I'm guessing more than most people on this forum thread. Its on location and is played 6 days a week. I'm used to dimples from every manufacturer, it doesn't bother me.

#2189 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I had issue with apc drop targets not registering. Cato sent me a board 6 replacement and it's been fine since.

#2190 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I had issue with apc drop targets not registering. Cato sent me a board 6 replacement and it's been fine since.

How does CATO keep up? I want to buy him a drink one day. What a superstar.

#2191 2 years ago

How does CATO keep up? I want to buy him a drink one day. What a superstar.

I think there has been less than 25 machines in peoples hands right now. I have mine coming Tomorrow. I am last in the first batch. Lets see if he can keep it up when 50 to 100 machines are on the ground playing.

#2192 2 years ago
Quoted from drypaint:

I'm not at the shop to check, but I'm guessing more than most people on this forum thread. Its on location and is played 6 days a week. I'm used to dimples from every manufacturer, it doesn't bother me.

You are the person I want to hear from! Is you location a pay to play everytime or one price free play location.

Has it been reliable? Stuck ball problems? How often are you pulling the glass?

#2193 2 years ago

Put down a deposit last week. I’m joining this thread so I can fret along with every else on the wait list. Later I’m gonna go watch some paint dry. Good times.

#2194 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Put down a deposit last week. I’m joining this thread so I can fret along with every else on the wait list. Later I’m gonna go watch some paint dry. Good times.

Edit: I just joined without looking at any of the latest posts on this thread and I mentioned watching paint dry. Then I notice all these posts from “drypaint.” This was not aimed in any way at him! Hahah.

#2195 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Edit: I just joined without looking at any of the latest posts on this thread and I mentioned watching paint dry. Then I notice all these posts from “drypaint.” This was not aimed in any way at him! Hahah.

Welcome to the PARTY!!!!!

#2196 2 years ago

Got ours Friday, set it up on Saturday. Had to fuss with the muther eject as it couldn't eject balls, whipped up a workaround that barely ejects it at +50%.

Played about 4 hours last night on stream. Game was a lot of fun! Outlanes are very, very hungry

Today, turned it on and got an Cabinet IO not found. Ugh

#2197 2 years ago

So this is the second flipper bat that has broken on my machine. The first one was the upper left one. This machine is currently at a micro brew and has about 500 plays on it now.

Broke Flipper (resized).jpegBroke Flipper (resized).jpeg
#2198 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

You are the person I want to hear from! Is you location a pay to play everytime or one price free play location.
Has it been reliable? Stuck ball problems? How often are you pulling the glass?

Pay per play. I am an early adopter/guinea pig. Reliable has definitely not been the word, but its getting there with work and coordination with PB and this group. I rarely ever pull the glass from normal stuck ball situations.

#2199 2 years ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Got ours Friday, set it up on Saturday. Had to fuss with the muther eject as it couldn't eject balls, whipped up a workaround that barely ejects it at +50%.
Played about 4 hours last night on stream. Game was a lot of fun! Outlanes are very, very hungry
Today, turned it on and got an Cabinet IO not found. Ugh

Try this: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000608819-cabinet-i-o-not-found

#2200 2 years ago

I was sent a new set of 4 flipper bats in my most recent care package. I thought it was a mistake, as I'd never had an issue with my flippers, so I asked Cato. He said that some of the earlier run flipper bats had a manufacturing defect that could cause them to snap as several of you have observed. The newer flipper bats have a PB logo on them - the earlier ones nave no logo. I went ahead and replaced all mine just to be sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 160.00
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/44?hl=obed_marsh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.