View topic image gallery

SAM_0921 (resized).JPG
20220704_143950 (resized).jpg
20220704_143928 (resized).jpg
20220704_143852 (resized).jpg
20220704_143904 (resized).jpg
7A35B2EE-5905-4EF1-9CB2-412FE4351E12 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20220701-203021_Gmail (resized).jpg
1004-01-02-00_Rev_A_Alien_Rubber_List.pdf (PDF preview)
59ACDB5B-5C4E-4490-B7EB-73F1DDE52E1D (resized).jpeg
03A71600-607B-4948-8350-EE083D879CC7 (resized).jpeg
DCE18682-3F53-4FA3-A126-CB532821DD20 (resized).jpeg
A1456229-D5D6-4E3D-9CB4-84C1B10D3AC8 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7929 (resized).jpg
7EDD49B2-5839-49E8-A412-12DA295F4217 (resized).jpeg
20220619_153850 (resized).jpg
7E34D322-2C4C-4919-ADEF-BE1906576BA8 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

6 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 167.
#2101 10 months ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Yeah same here but nowadays 10 K for a game is the norm and since I owned it before it’s a great game! Maybe I can ask Melissa back 1499 lol So I can make interest on that money for another year LOL

I think we will be all good when we hear the news.....just want my 3k topper...lol.

#2102 10 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Yeah I did the same thing as you....LV 20-ish or so...gonna be a 12 month wait for final product from our deposits date....damn who woulda thought...
Not bailing until the announcement and hope it's more than just cosmetics....

To justify the cost, powder coating, glass, and beacon toppers alonr aren't going to cut it. It also needs the aftermarket upgraded apron that some have been buying and something else. A number and signed whatever isn't going to hack it.

#2103 10 months ago

Looks like I get my Alien delivered Monday! Finally!

#2104 10 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

To justify the cost, powder coating, glass, and beacon toppers alonr aren't going to cut it. It also needs the aftermarket upgraded apron that some have been buying and something else. A number and signed whatever isn't going to hack it.

We are working on the Apron , waiting on the prototype to arrive to test and then move forward.

#2105 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

make a video from when the truck arrives till you turn it on.....we need distractions.....lol

#2106 10 months ago

IF anyone changes their mind on this and has paid in full or has been invoiced to pay in full and wants out, hit me up.. Ill take your machine. We can sort it out with Melissa.

#2107 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Did fed ex contact you?

#2108 10 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Did fed ex contact you?

Yes, They set up delivery through email 9-11 Monday morning.

#2109 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes, They set up delivery through email 9-11 Monday morning.

And I was last on the 1st Quarter list number 50 I think.

#2110 10 months ago

Ordered 12/18/21 from cointaker. Paid invoice 5/25. Just got shipping confirmation. Game is being delivered Monday, Aug. 30.

As someone who got taken for a ride by Andrew Heighway (ordered 10/2014), I’m ecstatic that I will be finally receiving an Alien pinball!

#2111 10 months ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Ordered 12/18/21 from cointaker. Paid invoice 5/25. Just got shipping confirmation. Game is being delivered Monday, Aug. 30.
As someone who got taken for a ride by Andrew Heighway (ordered 10/2014), I’m ecstatic that I will be finally receiving an Alien pinball!

Just as i was reading these replies i got my notice for Friday! The Aliens have invaded!! <alien head emoji>

#2112 10 months ago

Mine is coming Monday too! Can't wait.

#2113 10 months ago

I love seeing everyone receiving their machines. I can't wait for mine! Q2 shipments can't come quick enough!

#2114 10 months ago

I guess this is old news on prices.

If you put down a dollar will they honor the price for the LV?

30D5298E-3A26-4FBA-82B5-9C91799294D4 (resized).jpeg
#2115 10 months ago

There website still has $9999.

45F752BD-0B01-4E22-A70C-A12FD3C3A2D1 (resized).png
#2116 10 months ago

Considering stern will try and get 10k+ for their LEs (which is an absolute joke), I'm fine with this price. I always thought the 7777 for SV was the steal/buy of the year and happy with mine but it will be on the market as soon as I get the LV. For me, LV has to have the interior lit blades. Comparing the OG to PB, the new one hands down beats the old with all of it's additions EXCEPT the missing interior lit blades. Those need to happen. Screen I can live with or without which is prob the biggest surprise since owning the new PB version is how much I don't miss it. Beacons need to happen too although they will work with the SV (PB confirmed to me yesterday) and assume same with LV so no worries there.

Bring on the LV. New code btw, really fixes the magnet grab by xeno. OG had the same issue as well but this new FW grabs it better than I've seen on either version. No issues to report and I'm loving it. Alien pinball continues to be my fav pinball game out there.

On a side note, don't sleep on Dialed In. Game is legit.

#2117 10 months ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I have owned my Alien for close to two months and while I really enjoy the game, there are a bunch of games on the horizon so after spending some time with Alien, I have decided to list it for sale. I got mine in June and it plays 100%. I added wide body voodoo glass, Titans, swapped out the gen 2 skinny stand ups for Williams 3d targets, and completed many of the fixes outlined in this thread. It currently has 126 plays. Current code is 2.2. I am looking for a cash only / local deal. I am not looking to ship the pin at this time. If anyone is interested, let me know.
Pinside Ad: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/119691
Here is a link to my most recent stream of Alien:
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't leave! We need your videos to help dial this bad boy in!

#2118 10 months ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I love seeing everyone receiving their machines. I can't wait for mine! Q2 shipments can't come quick enough!

I’m an early order Q2 (Dec 2020) and have been informed mine is among the 44 being built right now that will ship soon.
That works out fine for me as that gives me 4-8 weeks to prepare. Hoping this batch gets the latest tweaks to make the game more reliable.

#2119 10 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

I’m an early order Q2 (Dec 2020) and have been informed mine is among the 44 being built right now that will ship soon.
That works out fine for me as that gives me 4-8 weeks to prepare. Hoping this batch gets the latest tweaks to make the game more reliable.

How did you find out this info about yours being built?

#2120 10 months ago

Just a reminder for folks, the 1$ for LV's is not a down payment of any sort. I'm guessing they won't start taking down payments until after the announcement. The 1$ was an easier way for Melissa to automate the LV interest list which had previously involved the manual process of emailing her. They added the 1$ option so that Melissa wouldn't have to manage the interest list via her email any more.

#2121 10 months ago
Quoted from RussG:

Melissa at Cointaker emailed me within hours of inquiring. This was my first time bugging her
But, I needed to get a rough time frame to make space and prepare.

#2122 10 months ago

Hi !

Its not the pinball brothers alien but it can be interresting for PB Alien owners here. Fit on a standard 60mm Button.

I d like to show you my custom sticker to replace ugly yellow one.

Actualy sold all to heighway owners, but i Can Do more if interrested in about 10days.

Including

-sticker
-white base plate
-clear cap
-instructions

Price is 15€ + 3€ shipping international or 5.5€ tracking shipping international.

IMG_20210510_195256 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_195306 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_195956 (resized).jpgIMG_20210510_200021 (resized).jpg
#2123 10 months ago
Quoted from RussG:

Have you been invoiced for the full dealio yet?

#2124 10 months ago

Installed new code. Tongue grab is working better but still have issues with the APC not registering. Have to frequently power cycle. It works for a game or two then stops.

#2125 10 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

You asking me or cleland?
Me? No.

#2126 10 months ago

I’m in on one of these games and super excited about it! The first and second movies are my favorite. This will be awesome

#2127 10 months ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m in on one of these games and super excited about it! The first and second movies are my favorite. This will be awesome

I am watching Alien right now because mine gets delivered Monday!

#2128 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I am watching Alien right now because mine gets delivered Monday!

Just finished watching Aliens myself. Both are such great movies

#2129 10 months ago

Just put down a deposit for standard Q3 order. Oh boy….hope I made the right call. Super excited about this one. Been wanting to pull the trigger on it for a while.

#2130 10 months ago

Sounds like Monday is going to be a great day for quite a few people, got delivery set up for mine as well

#2131 10 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Quoted from RussG:

You asking me or cleland?
Me? No.

If you’re asking me, no not yet either.
I sincerely hope I will be asked for the balance on the original price of $7777 and not the new price hike.

#2132 10 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Just put down a deposit for standard Q3 order. Oh boy….hope I made the right call. Super excited about this one. Been wanting to pull the trigger on it for a while.

You will love the game. My GNR is getting real jealous.

#2133 10 months ago
Quoted from cleland:

If you’re asking me, no not yet either.
I sincerely hope I will be asked for the balance on the original price of $7777 and not the new price hike.

I am asking for anyone with a Q2 or Q3 deposit if they have been invoiced? And i am hoping i get in on the 7777 price tag as well.

#2134 10 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I am asking for anyone with a Q2 or Q3 deposit if they have been invoiced? And i am hoping i get in on the 7777 price tag as well.

q3, no invoice.

#2135 10 months ago

Is Richard here??

#2136 10 months ago
Quoted from legendpin:

Is Richard here??

Nice to get some immediate affirmation after putting a deposit down. Nice video.

#2137 10 months ago

Anyone here had this issue near their slingshots?

Appears to be pooling and i'm concerned...

Pooling? (resized).png
#2138 10 months ago

Yelobird knows how to fix that!

#2139 10 months ago

Ugh. Are these made by Buthamburg? I'd contact them if so.

#2140 10 months ago

Is it really pooling? Kind of looking like reflections from that starpost to me.

#2141 10 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

[quoted image]

I really don't understand why this happens.

I SprayMax 2K my Pinbot playfield and its held up better than all these new Playfields coming out. 2 years and I still have a perfect playfield and I only let it cure more than 2 weeks after spraying. SMH.

#2142 10 months ago

Nope , no truck yet ... maybe if i look out the window every 10 minutes it will arrive faster?

20210827_113718 (resized).jpg20210827_113903 (resized).jpg
#2143 10 months ago

I have this same thing on my Iron Maiden pro. Minor pooling. First time I've seen this with a Burthamburg playfield. However, it appears to be minor pooling. My iron Maiden never chipped since 2018 probably because the ball never touches the pooled clear coat. But yes, it's fixable. See this thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-playfield-post-repair-and-chip-proofing-how-to-all-brands

** Keep in mind though, that that electric iron used has no heat control on it and can get too hot! I've seen others just use a small metal measuring cup that they heat up to better control the temp so as not to get too hot. See post 192 in above link.

#2144 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I really don't understand why this happens.

I'm pretty sure (at least with Stern) pooling is caused from cranking out pins too fast and not allowing enough time for the clear coat to cure before bolting down posts. Different temps and humidity and CC mixtures allow for varying cure times. Thus the playfield lottery.

#2145 10 months ago
Quoted from s000m:

[quoted image]

Oh shit! That looks just like my Wonka CE that I returned! Yikes! Good luck with figuring it out to both customer and company.

#2146 10 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Nope , no truck yet ... maybe if i look out the window every 10 minutes it will arrive faster?

Did you take the day off ??? I would...haha

#2147 10 months ago
Quoted from EightBallTexas:

Did you take the day off ??? I would...haha

Luckily , i dont have to take the day off to do this. Fearing a delay until monday at this point. That has only happened once in the NIB experience.

I have a tech coming to fix any potential issues and help me move some pins around.

#2148 10 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Luckily , i dont have to take the day off to do this. Fearing a delay until monday at this point. That has only happened once in the NIB experience.
I have a tech coming to fix any potential issues and help me move some pins around.

Okay keep looking out that window...we need first contact pics asap...lol

#2149 10 months ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Dolly ready and in position? … Check

#2150 10 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Dolly ready and in position? … Check

Cold beer and Alien Steaks ready!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
8,500 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Akron, OH
$ 19.95
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 8,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 167.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!