2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 372.
#101 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For LV - it needs to have:
-metal rails, hinges, lockdown etc powder coated: $450
-HD glass: $300
-bigger backbox screen: $150
-cool custom screen printed translite: $100
-additional “active” mechs (?): $250
-additional static bling figures: $150
-topper: $500
-additional lighting: $25
-side art blades: $75

Tbh I really don't see them adding that much in to the LV, because the SE is really loaded IMO, I would say for sure the powdercoat, probably HD glass, I wish a bigger backbox screen but that would take a redesign of the translite and the backbox to fit it in, like a JJP machine. I think you'll get the added figures (dolls), the only topper I see them adding is the beacons and maybe some art blades. Realistically that's what I think will be included, I hope I'm wrong but that's my prediction. Oh and maybe a numbered plaque.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Tbh I really don't see them adding that much in to the LV, because the SE is really loaded IMO, I would say for sure the powdercoat, probably HD glass, I wish a bigger backbox screen but that would take a redesign of the translite and the backbox to fit it in, like a JJP machine. I think you'll get the added figures (dolls), the only topper I see them adding is the beacons and maybe some art blades. Realistically that's what I think will be included, I hope I'm wrong but that's my prediction. Oh and maybe a numbered plaque.

If that is all they are adding then the value is not there. Lets go through the prices of what you suggest and I'm quoting generous retail prices.

Powdercoat $200
HD Glass $300
Bigger Backbox screen $300 less when you subtract out smaller screen
Dolls $100
Beacons topper $400
Shaker Motor $150 I added that over what you suggested

TOTAL $1450 which is a far cry from the $2200 over the SE

Which leaves $750 left over...Playfield screen, internal cab lighting like GnR?

I am really hoping the LV will wow us all, they certainly have the leeway for it.

#103 3 years ago

Maybe a chestburster that comes out of the PF ??

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

For LV - it needs to have:
-metal rails, hinges, lockdown etc powder coated: $450
-HD glass: $300
-bigger backbox screen: $150
-cool custom screen printed translite: $100
-additional “active” mechs (?): $250
-additional static bling figures: $150
-topper: $500
-additional lighting: $25
-side art blades: $75
Would love to see them integrate playfield monitor; but I do not think this is even on the table for consideration.
So that is the $2k more - would be my guess.
What do you think??

If that’s all there is I will stick with the standard, for that kind of upcharge we should get everything you listed, the PF monitor and some type of cool cabinet lighting effects.

#105 3 years ago

Maybe it will have Alien 3 and Resurrection mode. Sans Sigourney. LOL. kidding.

#106 3 years ago

I'm guessing it's going to be $2200 for one last chance to buy an Alien, $900 in over the counter mods and a plaque.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

I'm guessing it's going to be $2200 for one last chance to buy an Alien, $900 in over the counter mods and a plaque.

I'm oot

#108 3 years ago

Wife & I BOTH loved the Heighway's original one after first playing it at 2016 Expo and regretted not buying every since. So we gave Melissa our deposit an hour after the podcast aired. I'm also a big fan of powder coat and plan on doing something like this one that (depending on viewing angle) can be lime green or yellow (just like the colors in the egg logo).

Shocker Yellow 2 (resized).jpgShocker Yellow 2 (resized).jpg
#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

Wife & I BOTH loved the Heighway's original one after first playing it at 2016 Expo and regretted not buying every since. So we gave Melissa our deposit an hour after the podcast aired. I'm also a big fan of powder coat and plan on doing something like this one that (depending on viewing angle) can be lime green or yellow (just like the colors in the egg logo).
[quoted image]

Glad you're finally getting the chance to own and play one. It's really an immersive pin and one of the best in my collection. The mood and atmosphere of the gameplay will really pull you in. Have fun brutha!

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Glad you're finally getting the chance to own and play one. It's really an immersive pin and one of the best in my collection. The mood and atmosphere of the gameplay will really pull you in. Have fun brutha!

you have an incredible collection so that's rly saying something! I can't imagine liking anything more than my JJPs and EHoH.

#111 3 years ago

I am still smiling with the news. No rush to get mine.. I can wait for the 1st and 2nd batch to roll out.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#112 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

[quoted image]

I like the idea of that 'pearlized' lime/yellow. It is more of what I had in mind, but wasn't sure what it was called.

#113 3 years ago

So what are your thoughts on the image? I've heard some say it's a rendering and some say it's a real machine. What say you?

131896784_676488089730714_3232323636453253158_o (resized).jpg131896784_676488089730714_3232323636453253158_o (resized).jpg131930806_676499259729597_1473981328621161694_o (resized).jpg131930806_676499259729597_1473981328621161694_o (resized).jpg
#114 3 years ago

I would say it is early proto but pretty much how it is going to look. I do think the turret gun stuff should be like the 3 rows lights below it...dark rather than bright white, but I'll take what i can get.

#115 3 years ago

Real but photoshopped

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do think the turret gun stuff should be like the 3 rows lights below it...dark rather than bright white

I agree. The plain white does seem out of place compared to the rest of the playfield and overall mood that the game is trying to achieve.

#117 3 years ago

I think I heard in the podcast that those inserts have RGB lighting under them so may look better when machine is on, we shall see soon I hope

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I think I heard in the podcast that those inserts have RGB lighting under them so may look better when machine is on, we shall see soon I hope

Lets hope so mate.

#119 3 years ago

The PF screen and the huge monitor is a BIG deal for the LE

I love mine!

I get why they carved it out on the standard

If you think it makes no difference then you haven’t played my Alien LE

I do think Alien will be the 2021 pin winner!

It’s incredible

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So what are your thoughts on the image?

I feel the SE cabinet art is a bit plain/bland, which I guess is in line with the original Alien movie title iteslf but I would have liked them to have had a bit more artwork - possibly Alien movie images on one side and Aliens on the other. The PF has a nice gritty, industrial feel to it however the cabinet lacks that little something. I'm not sure what assets PB's were able to use but in dropping the lit cabinet artwork, I think the artwork needed to be a more bit more eye catching. Don't get me wrong, I still want an Alien machine!!

Quoted from iceman44:

I love mine!
It’s incredible

The PF screen for me was a key part of the package, so hoping that it will make it into the LV. Add dark powder coated trim, enhanced cabinet and backglass artwork, shaker motor, PDI glass and I'd be a very happy man.

For those with the original Alien, what are your thoughts on the beacons - do they bring something to game? I typically play in a lit room, so interested in your thoughts

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So what are your thoughts on the image? I've heard some say it's a rendering and some say it's a real machine. What say you?[quoted image][quoted image]

I find it hard to believe that they used stainless metal all over - but black hinges

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

I find it hard to believe that they used stainless metal all over - but black hinges

I noticed that too and thought that was a little strange, but they also say on their Facebook posts that the T-molding will be chrome also , I'm not sure how that will look. It will definitely be Robert Stone to the rescue on this

#123 3 years ago

Following....

#124 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

they also say on their Facebook posts that the T-molding will be chrome

Oh really?? That doesn't seem to fit at all, I seriously hope that don't do it!

#125 3 years ago

Yea this machine of any machine isn't one to chrome out.

#126 3 years ago

Just go all black and call it good.

#127 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love mine!
It’s incredible

Here's a question for you Iceman, Alien or Elvira3? I loved my Elvira, but just sold it, and am thinking of putting the money toward an Alien. What do you think?

#128 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Here's a question for you Iceman, Alien or Elvira3? I loved my Elvira, but just sold it, and am thinking of putting the money toward an Alien. What do you think?

Ice can now be classified as a pinball "influencer".

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Ice can now be classified as a pinball "influencer".

Ha, for sure! Well, I know he loves his Elvira and I loved mine, so I wondered which he preferred.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I feel the SE cabinet art is a bit plain/bland, which I guess is in line with the original Alien movie title iteslf but I would have liked them to have had a bit more artwork - possibly Alien movie images on one side and Aliens on the other. The PF has a nice gritty, industrial feel to it however the cabinet lacks that little something. I'm not sure what assets PB's were able to use but in dropping the lit cabinet artwork, I think the artwork needed to be a more bit more eye catching. Don't get me wrong, I still want an Alien machine!!

The PF screen for me was a key part of the package, so hoping that it will make it into the LV. Add dark powder coated trim, enhanced cabinet and backglass artwork, shaker motor, PDI glass and I'd be a very happy man.
For those with the original Alien, what are your thoughts on the beacons - do they bring something to game? I typically play in a lit room, so interested in your thoughts

I love the beacons and the sound they make, probably the only worthwhile topper i've got

#131 3 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Hmmm...well that really is a tough one but i've said Alien is never going anywhere and as much as i love Elvira, the immersion on Alien is off the charts if you love the theme. Elvira much easier game

If i could only have one it would be Alien!

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Oh really?? That doesn't seem to fit at all, I seriously hope that don't do it!

Straight from their Facebook page...

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#133 3 years ago

Soo....wtf? Does that mean it will be black on LV? Kind of an ambiguous statement. Honestly, makes zero sense unless they plan on selling 'alternate' trim to make money.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Straight from their Facebook page...
[quoted image]

Hopefully it's black chrome

#135 3 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Soo....wtf? Does that mean it will be black on LV? Kind of an ambiguous statement. Honestly, makes zero sense unless they plan on selling 'alternate' trim to make money.

They did say colored trim on sides and lock down bar for LV's in the podcast. So probably colored trim on top?

#136 3 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Hopefully it's black chrome

Or Dark Green with flakes.

#137 3 years ago

Merry Christmas to all the prospective new Alien owners, let's hope the new year is better than this one and the games get here early

#138 3 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Or Dark Green with flakes.

My comment was in regards to the PB Facebook post that the SE will have chrome for the backbox trim (T molding) - so if it's going to be chrome then hopefully black chrome (but this is more costly so doubt they would ever do that in reality). I assume you're referring to the cabinet trim?? In which I agree it's gotta be something dark - black with dark green ... and a lime green acid burn mark on the lockdown bar

#139 3 years ago

Happy Christmas nightmares to all

e5ba9fa9624feb02b206db020a29314f (resized).jpge5ba9fa9624feb02b206db020a29314f (resized).jpg

#140 3 years ago

And so it begins...
Absolutely beautiful artwork from Brian at Flyland designs now to put it in a lit frame and hang it

20201226_145116 (resized).jpg20201226_145116 (resized).jpg
#141 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

And so it begins...
Absolutely beautiful artwork from Brian at Flyland designs now to put it in a lit frame and hang it
[quoted image]

Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#142 3 years ago

Mine will be around this

1226201913a (resized).jpg1226201913a (resized).jpg
#143 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

And so it begins...
[quoted image]

We can do these as acrylics as well! Just pm Brian or myself if interested and I'll see if we can put a batch together...

#144 3 years ago

So the the modders out there? Has anyone made egg pincups? Seems like a gimme.

egg (resized).JPGegg (resized).JPG
#145 3 years ago

As promised here is the translite in a lit frame, not hung on the wall yet. But all I can say is wow! The quality of these frames blew me away it took a little messing around with the color settings to get it where I wanted it but the end result is fantastic. Although the camera doesn't show it well enough it transitions from green to white it's so much better in person, (the camera makes the green look blue) it really makes the art pop! Now I need to hang it on the wall to get ready for the machines arrival

#146 3 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Screen in pf would be something that would make me consider the LV. Otherwise, I'm not sure I'll care that much about the additional bells and whistles, especially if I can separately purchase/backfill the ones I really want.

I totally agree... there are certain bells and whistles I want... but I'd rather get the SE and just pay for and add the ones I want. So far, the only thing I really want beyond the SE is the beacons.

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I totally agree... there are certain bells and whistles I want... but I'd rather get the SE and just pay for and add the ones I want. So far, the only thing I really want beyond the SE is the beacons.

I am sure there will be a lot of mods out there for us SV owners to compliment the aesthetics of this pin. To me it looks great just as it is.

#148 3 years ago

No new news or pics for 10 days now Come on Pinball Brothers show us some more pics or better yet video, the suspense is killing me, they said that Cointaker should have a game in early January to show game play on, surely they could tell us the game is on it's way to them

#149 3 years ago

I'll let this settle out before signing on to buy. No more preorders for me.

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

No new news or pics for 10 days now Come on Pinball Brothers show us some more pics or better yet video, the suspense is killing me, they said that Cointaker should have a game in early January to show game play on, surely they could tell us the game is on it's way to them

Chilax Mate. lol.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/3?hl=jeep-mustang and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.