IMG_2580 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2585 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2582 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_1720 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230823_184959912~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240711_222655763.MP (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,181 posts in this topic. You are on page 396 of 404.
#19751 31 days ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Finally received delivery of an LV. Upon startup, machine immediately went into ball search. Further investigation revealed the ball eject coil on the trough hanging loose.
I scrounged around the cabinet & found these components:
To me, looks like coil mounting hardware is all there? Appreciate if someone could provide a pic of orientation/configuration so I can confirm any missing parts and correctly reassemble.
Thanks! alex
[quoted image]

Here ya go buddy

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#19752 30 days ago

Exactly what needed! Appreciate you taking the time to do that. Without a manual available for reference, this kind of help is invaluable.

#19753 30 days ago
Quoted from DigitalJedi084:

Be prepared to wait...forever! Seems to be a popular theme with PB. I have an order in from early March that is just continuously "1-2 weeks away"
https://pbusasales.com/spare-parts/alien/cabinet/translites/
Edit:
Reading fail!
I saw you mention translite, but skipped backboard

I've been waiting since November for my Ripley Helmet Translight...

#19754 30 days ago
Quoted from Pajero:

I've been waiting since November for my Ripley Helmet Translight...

I'm not sure if this makes me feel better, or worse! I have no idea how/why making a translite would take MONTHS.

I love how the website says "Shipping Nov 2023"....

#19755 30 days ago

I’m hoping my topper arrives before they close the doors …. Joking / not.

#19756 30 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I’m hoping my topper arrives before they close the doors …. Joking / not.

I'm genuinely interested to know how Queen and Abba sold/are selling.

Also, I'm baffled as to why they don't just announce Predator and give us what we all want next to our Alien machines.

#19757 30 days ago

If anyone has a spare Loader or Ripley Helmet translite for sale, let me know. Thanks!

#19758 30 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I'm genuinely interested to know how Queen and Abba sold/are selling.
Also, I'm baffled as to why they don't just announce Predator and give us what we all want next to our Alien machines.

That would mean they listen to the buyers....NOT!!!!

#19759 29 days ago

Originally posted this in the wrong forum…

I could use some help. I just did all of the updates from 3.1 up to 4.1.2 along with the 0.72 firmware update for my LV and it all seemed fine each step, and shows it was updated until the last reboot.

Now the front right flipper doesn’t work(top right does) and I get a black screen on every reboot on the main screen and the airlock screen. 4/4 tries.

I’ll do some searching but if anybody has known info to quickly share it would be appreciated.

#19760 29 days ago
Quoted from PBlank:

Originally posted this in the wrong forum…
I could use some help. I just did all of the updates from 3.1 up to 4.1.2 along with the 0.72 firmware update and it all seemed fine each step, and shows it was updated until the last reboot.
Now the front right flipper doesn’t work(top right does) and I get a black screen on every reboot on the main screen and the airlock screen. 4/4 tries.
I’ll do some searching but if anybody has known info to quickly share it would be appreciated.

If you have the SV version you have to turn off staged flippers in the menu settings to get flippers to work right.

#19761 29 days ago

Pinball Brothers does have the hottest support page though...

pinbr (resized).JPGpinbr (resized).JPG
#19762 29 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

If you have the SV version you have to turn off staged flippers in the menu settings to get flippers to work right.

I have a LV. I just edited my post to include that.

#19763 29 days ago
Quoted from PBlank:

I have a LV. I just edited my post to include that.

There is an order you have to do it in. Did you update first then firmware?

#19764 29 days ago

I hate to ask this question...has anyone heard an update on the second round of toppers? Seems the first batch was pretty small. Hoping the existing folks are enjoying them so far!

#19765 29 days ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I hate to ask this question...has anyone heard an update on the second round of toppers? Seems the first batch was pretty small. Hoping the existing folks are enjoying them so far!

tWo MoRe WeEks ....

or 1 more month if you go by the email I received back this week.

#19766 29 days ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

tWo MoRe WeEks ....
or 1 more month if you go by the email I received back this week.

And rinse and repeat that for a while. Same story different month.

So frustrating with them.

And btw this can't get any lower somebody come and grab it

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Excellent Alien SV with the apron and tracker mod. Additional items that come with the game. Rocket City launch ball button Mezel mods back panel lighting Mezel mods hyper sleep ...”
2024-06-02
Mechanicsville, VA
6,500 (Firm)
Archived after: 30 days
Viewed: 1453 times

#19767 29 days ago

I just realized that my code is updated but the firmware hasn’t been. I don’t really notice anything wrong but I am very new so I could be wrong. Can I just update the firm Or is there a certain protocol I need to follow. Thank you very much for helping me.

IMG_1850 (resized).jpegIMG_1850 (resized).jpegIMG_1851 (resized).jpegIMG_1851 (resized).jpeg
#19768 29 days ago
Quoted from GCS2000:

And btw this can't get any lower somebody come and grab it

Dang, amazing price! I just took my Ripley off the market because my wife finally got to save Jonesy and now wants to keep the pin. Good luck with your sale!

#19769 29 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Can I just update the firm Or is there a certain protocol I need to follow.

From what I understand, you update the game code first, then firmware so you should be fine!

#19770 29 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

From what I understand, you update the game code first, then firmware so you should be fine!

Well that’s great news. Thank you.

#19771 29 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

I've been doing some research on tactile switches and thought I would impart some info here for those folks wanting to repair their own targets when these switches fail.
First, thanks to Optimiser for providing the size of these switches. They are indeed 6mm (l) x 6mm (w) x 7mm (h).
When it comes to the switches used on our Alien targets, a few specifications come into play:
- Operating Force: This is the amount of force needed to actuate the switch, typically measured in grams. In our case, the switches used in our targets are rated at 160 grams. (I tested this myself using precise weights.)
- Contact Rating @ Voltage: Our switches are rated at 0.05A @ 12VDC.
- Mounting Type / Termination Style: Our switches are designed to be surface-mounted / soldered via "gullwing" terminals.
I like to buy my electronic components / hardware from Digikey.com and based on the details above, I recommend these micro-switches for purchase: https://www.digikey.com/short/7jhp8f0j.
I have some on the way to me now as I have an Alien target needing repair.
EDIT: I forgot to mention one last thing. As I posted previously, I am now on my fourth failed target. The last replacement target PB sent me had a DIFFERENT tactile switch in it as compared to the other targets I had on hand / installed in the machine. Checking it, I determined it has a operating force spec of 100 grams, not the 160 grams I would have expected. I have no way of knowing if this was a result of a change made to the manufacturing of the switches, poor quality control, or who knows. In any case, I'll pull this "weaker" target back out of my machine after I repair my one broken target.
[quoted image]

I have these on order with Digi... would ordering in 100 gram trigger weights make the switch more sensitive? hmmmm

#19772 29 days ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

Dang, amazing price! I just took my Ripley off the market because my wife finally got to save Jonesy and now wants to keep the pin. Good luck with your sale!

Smart choice. For the hit that these are taking right now, I would just assume to keep my game forever. It's such a great theme and the gameplay/rules scratches my 90s B/W era itch.

#19773 29 days ago

Yes. Funny you mention this (the 90s vibe, that is). I just got my recently arrived LV set up. Updated the software, leveled etc.

To me, it almost has a ‘Pat Lawlerish” feel to it. And I love it. Seems like different rhythms get established. Fast, slow, fast, fast.

And, now the Stern playfields seem dinky! Ha!

#19774 29 days ago

Goes great with my other two 90s movie B/W pins.

#19775 29 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I have these on order with Digi... would ordering in 100 gram trigger weights make the switch more sensitive? hmmmm

I don't think the 100-gram switches would be more sensitive; it just takes less force to actuate them. Both the 100g and 160g switches have the exact same switch travel of .25mm.

#19776 29 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

There is an order you have to do it in. Did you update first then firmware?

I did everything in this order:

-Updated from 3.1 to 3.2
-Skipped 4.0, and Updated from 3.2 right to 4.1 (Because the instructions said you could from from 3.2 right to 4.1)
-Updated to Firmware 0.72
-Updated to 4.1.1, then to 4.1.2

Did I mess up? Just open a ticket I guess?

#19777 29 days ago
Quoted from PBlank:

I did everything in this order:
-Updated from 3.1 to 3.2
-Skipped 4.0, and Updated from 3.2 right to 4.1 (Because the instructions said you could from from 3.2 right to 4.1)
-Updated to Firmware 0.72
-Updated to 4.1.1, then to 4.1.2
Did I mess up? Just open a ticket I guess?

Ya, update first then firmware update is the order. But if you had updated to 4.1 first I think you should have been alright.

#19778 29 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Ya, update first then firmware update is the order. But if you had updated to 4.1 first I think you should have been alright.

That is the order on their site, so I would assume it's ok. I saw some other posts about reseating cables into the screens, I'll try that, but thats not realistic to have to do that every time. Ugh.

#19779 29 days ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

To me, it almost has a ‘Pat Lawlerish” feel to it.

I agree, very loosely like Addams family ish. Scoop in front in Addams, back in Alien. 4 flipper game like Addams, mystery shot similar to the thing shot behind the center ramp on Addams. Upper right flipper to ramp on both Addams and alien. Both have an orbit shot, both fun.

#19780 27 days ago

Hi all,

I just installed my topper but not seeing any tail movement. Everything else seems to be working fine.

Any way to test that? I tried doing the servo test to change positions but no movement.

#19781 27 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Hi all,
I just installed my topper but not seeing any tail movement. Everything else seems to be working fine.
Any way to test that? I tried doing the servo test to change positions but no movement.

I believe in the instructions it said to hook up wiring and servo first and go in menu and home the servo in then put topper together with the tail attached.

#19782 27 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I believe in the instructions it said to hook up wiring and servo first and go in menu and home the servo in then put topper together with the tail attached.

I figured out what happened. I did do what is said in the instructions, but failed to realize that the servo motor connector can attached both ways. I did it the wrong way so it was not powered. Ended up being a big PITA as I had to go back, take the topper off, remove the Queen and flip the connection and reposition the tail once the servo was working nicely.

So note to people installing, made sure that servo connector is on the right way. I found that if you remove the Queen's left arm then test the servo. You can go to settings, servo and change the setting. If you see it moving, its working, then put it back to position 0. I mention taking the arm off as if its not in the correct position, it wont move since its pressed up again the arm (what happened to mine).

#19783 27 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I figured out what happened. I did do what is said in the instructions, but failed to realize that the servo motor connector can attached both ways. I did it the wrong way so it was not powered. Ended up being a big PITA as I had to go back, take the topper off, remove the Queen and flip the connection and reposition the tail once the servo was working nicely.
So note to people installing, made sure that servo connector is on the right way. I found that if you remove the Queen's left arm then test the servo. You can go to settings, servo and change the setting. If you see it moving, its working, then put it back to position 0. I mention taking the arm off as if its not in the correct position, it wont move since its pressed up again the arm (what happened to mine).

Glad you got yours. Me? Still waiting...

#19784 27 days ago

How are y'all liking the topper? Happy with it?

#19785 26 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

How are y'all liking the topper? Happy with it?

Its awesome! I am surprised with how tied into the game it is. It seems to interact quite often.

Also, I have fairly low ceiling in my room, so the shadows given off by the lights of the Alien are just a bonus effect. Looks super eerie with the lights off..

Best topper I have seen for sure.

#19786 26 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Its awesome! I am surprised with how tied into the game it is. It seems to interact quite often.
Also, I have fairly low ceiling in my room, so the shadows given off by the lights of the Alien are just a bonus effect. Looks super eerie with the lights off..
Best topper I have seen for sure.

Who did you order yours from if you don’t mind me asking?

Glad you got yours and happy with it because I think we’re all hoping it’s worth the wait.

#19787 26 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Who did you order yours from if you don’t mind me asking?
Glad you got yours and happy with it because I think we’re all hoping it’s worth the wait.

I ordered direct from PB. IMO, its worth the wait. You guys will have yours soon enough I would imagine.

#19788 26 days ago
Quoted from John_C:

I don't think the 100-gram switches would be more sensitive; it just takes less force to actuate them. Both the 100g and 160g switches have the exact same switch travel of .25mm.

ihave both the 100 and 160 coming in.. im going to try both. If 100 g requires less force, then i am expecting that to actuate on glancing blows a bit more then 160.. we will see. Gives me something to tinker with

#19789 25 days ago

Any topper news?

#19790 25 days ago

Speaking of toppers... For those of you who have installed the topper.. Slight issue, not really an issue but.. I have found that the tail ends up rubbing on the "Pedipalp" from rest to action and back to rest.

Anyone else seeing this happen? I doubt it would cause any issues as the pedipalp has give to it and both pieces are smooth as glass.

I dont see a way to avoid this from happening.

Just curious. Thanks!

#19791 25 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Speaking of toppers... For those of you who have installed the topper.. Slight issue, not really an issue but.. I have found that the tail ends up rubbing on the "Pedipalp" from rest to action and back to rest.
Anyone else seeing this happen? I doubt it would cause any issues as the pedipalp has give to it and both pieces are smooth as glass.
I dont see a way to avoid this from happening.
Just curious. Thanks!

Am I the only stupid person that had to look up what pedipalp means?

#19792 25 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

You are not alone

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/387#post-8181135

#19794 24 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

No lol hahahaha. It was mentioned a little while ago and I had to do the same. Too funny!

#19795 24 days ago

Man, no response to my question about the topper.

I need more of you to get this delivered!

Also to mention, I have had to setup and remove this like 3 times now to fix dummy mistakes on my end. If anyone needs help in the future, I would like to think I would be able to do so...

#19796 24 days ago

I emailed Pinball Brothers overseas as well as PBUSA. I did receive a reply from PBUSA. It stated that they don’t have an update on when exactly my order will ship but that they’re trying to get them shipped ASAP. I got the one or two week answer that I’d heard months ago.

They say eventually we’ll all get them.

Honestly the thought has crossed my mind that I might never see it and won’t ever see any money back. That would be very unfortunate. I’ve been a big fan of Pinball Brothers and have been rooting for their success. I won’t however be buying another game from them until I see my Alien topper.

#19797 24 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I emailed Pinball Brothers overseas as well as PBUSA. I did receive a reply from PBUSA. It stated that they don’t have an update on when exactly my order will ship but that they’re trying to get them shipped ASAP. I got the one or two week answer that I’d heard months ago.
They say eventually we’ll all get them.
Honestly the thought has crossed my mind that I might never see it and won’t ever see any money back. That would be very unfortunate. I’ve been a big fan of Pinball Brothers and have been rooting for their success. I won’t however be buying another game from them until I see my Alien topper.

I highly doubt it would be the case where you wouldnt get one and not get your money back.

#19798 24 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I highly doubt it would be the case where you wouldnt get one and not get your money back.

I mean that shit happens all the time in this hobby. It wouldn't even be the first time that happened with this title.

#19799 24 days ago
Quoted from benime:

I mean that shit happens all the time in this hobby. It wouldn't even be the first time that happened with this title.

Really? People paid for something and never got product or a refund?

Ok that is news to me!

#19800 24 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Man, no response to my question about the topper.
I need more of you to get this delivered!
Also to mention, I have had to setup and remove this like 3 times now to fix dummy mistakes on my end. If anyone needs help in the future, I would like to think I would be able to do so...

If and when I get my topper, please don’t hang up the phone if you get a call from Indiana. It’s me and I promise I’m not a spammer trying to sell you an extended warranty on your car.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 160.00
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 12.95
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Medford, NJ
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

There are 20,181 posts in this topic. You are on page 396 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.