image (resized).jpg
IMG_1720 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20230823_184959912~2 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240711_222655763.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240714_134523012.MP (resized).jpg
PXL_20240714_134515027.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_3726 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 20,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 404.
#19651 40 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Those may have once been part of the playfield hold down, mine were screwed it. See the holes on the top of the bent bracket? yup, there

No I'm saying the one in the back is that. With the Phillips head..but I'm asking about the smaller ones, without the Phillips head.

#19652 40 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

No I'm saying the one in the back is that. With the Phillips head..but I'm asking about the smaller ones, without the Phillips head.

Same thread? Maybe they just mismatched.

#19653 40 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Same thread? Maybe they just mismatched.

I have 2 of each. 4 total. The bigger ones held the playfield down. The smaller ones were loose in cab.

#19654 40 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I have 2 of each. 4 total. The bigger ones held the playfield down. The smaller ones were loose in cab.

I found one of those smaller ones rolling around too. Never did find where it belonged.

#19655 40 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Get the distro on the rotary.
Ut oh, is my age showing? I'll tuck it back in.

pinside.d2089ae08cc429694696e3cf335c884784a0d0c9 (resized).jpegpinside.d2089ae08cc429694696e3cf335c884784a0d0c9 (resized).jpeg
#19656 40 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Quoted from G35R6:

I found one of those smaller ones rolling around too. Never did find where it belonged.

I think the smaller ones hold the coin mechanism in place. If memory serves, one of them needs to be removed because if it's in it hits the playfield rail and the coin door will not close properly.

#19657 40 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I sent PBUSA another e-mail to see if they are able to contact the maker of the topper and see what is up.
I also asked since I paid in full 4 months ago if I could get a refund. Kind of over the topper at this point.
Should have bought an e-Bike instead.

Yeah they won't give you a refund.

I'm getting ready to file in small claims since my bank was no help.

#19658 39 days ago

Apparently our accessories are now being shipped to Australia along with the RVs that people have ordered. It's been a long 6 month wait for my topper, and of course I would have liked it sooner but hey, my game isn't going anywhere and still happy that such an amazing topper was made for it. I have to wait yet again for the slow boat to get here, but nice to know there's some update on it at least.

#19659 39 days ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Apparently our accessories are now being shipped to Australia along with the RVs that people have ordered. It's been a long 6 month wait for my topper, and of course I would have liked it sooner but hey, my game isn't going anywhere and still happy that such an amazing topper was made for it. I have to wait yet again for the slow boat to get here, but nice to know there's some update on it at least.

Do you have a tracking number?
I have been told it's coming next week for 5 weeks.

#19660 39 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Mine came with many issues.
missing leg
non US power cord
no tilt, no goodie bag at all
no back box bolts
misaligned flippers x2
non working right ramp opto
only thing resolved is the flippers, duh
still waiting for a reply on everything else
I can't believe there are no manuals for this.?.

Ive had quite a few issues with mine, not this many but my game is good now so.i hope you can get yourstuff resolved.

I will NEVER buy from pinball brothers again

#19661 39 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

missing leg
non US power cord
no tilt, no goodie bag at all
no back box bolts
misaligned flippers x2
non working right ramp opto
only thing resolved is the flippers, duh
still waiting for a reply on everything else
I can't believe there are no manuals for this.?.

Thats pretty crazy to have all those issues.

#19662 39 days ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

I think the smaller ones hold the coin mechanism in place. If memory serves, one of them needs to be removed because if it's in it hits the playfield rail and the coin door will not close properly.

I found problem with the coin door too. Between that and the lock down bar clips being in the way, they have some real issues in that area.

#19663 39 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Sent a ticket to PB, but not getting any response.
I have a dangling USB cable that one tip seems broken and tracked it to the computer.
Anyone knows what it is for and where the unplugged end is connected?
Game plays normal and I am able to progress through it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone knows what that cable does? And where it goes?

Thanks.

#19664 39 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

Anyone knows what that cable does? And where it goes?
Thanks.

The other end is like a printer usb and goes into the far left rear port of the lower cabinet control box.
So just get a new usb printer cable.

It might be just be a daisy chain for USB from that lower cabinet to the under playfield box that then goes to upper cabinet computer.
So if you update the machine using that lower cabinet board like I do because you can just open the coin door and plug in rather than taking off the back glass.

I bet if you were to plug a usb into the control board that is mounted on the bottom of the cab right to your left you would not be able to communicate to the computer in the head to do an update.

I don't even see that port on the new board that you can order.

alien comp (resized).pngalien comp (resized).png
Pinside_forum_8216191_3935009 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8216191_3935009 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8216191_3935010 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8216191_3935010 (resized).jpg

processed-ab541c53-14d7-4554-8c91-53ce536e9341_K2r66j0u - Copy (resized).jpgprocessed-ab541c53-14d7-4554-8c91-53ce536e9341_K2r66j0u - Copy (resized).jpg
#19665 39 days ago

Is there a 12 volt circiut that I can tap into to drive a sentry gun mod that I am making for my game? I put my game back to stock, but want to move the sentry gun to other side of playfield. It is driven by a stand alone switch and timer board. All 12volts, I just dont want to have issues so asking owners.
Thanks, Jay

Worse case I can run a stand alone 12 volt supply, but curious if there is a safe circuit I can use without causing game issues.

Not done or painted, but here is the gun I am working on….

IMG_0670 (resized).jpegIMG_0670 (resized).jpeg
#19666 39 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Kind of crazy that your machine is working.
It the other end is like a printer usb and goes into the far left rear port of the lower cabinet control box.
So just get a new usb printer cable. [quoted image]

So I have the USB plugged into that Cabinet USB Out. On the computer in the bottom cabinet.

Where does the printer type end goes? That is what I cannot figure out. In the head somewhere? And what does it do?

#19667 39 days ago
Quoted from Logan-Pinball:

Is there a 12 volt circiut that I can tap into to drive a sentry gun mod that I am making for my game? I put my game back to stock, but want to move the sentry gun to other side of playfield. It is driven by a stand alone switch and timer board. All 12volts, I just dont want to have issues so asking owners.
Thanks, Jay
Worse case I can run a stand alone 12 volt supply, but curious if there is a safe circuit I can use without causing game issues.
Not done or painted, but here is the gun I am working on…. [quoted image]

There is 12v up front. I believe the launch button lamp, and possibly the flipper switches (not used on SV). The apron taps into this, and I put a buck converter on for the airlock LEDs on it from the wires on the left. If you are using 12v servos though, I don't know if I would risk it, and probably should should put in your own power supply for them.

#19668 39 days ago
Quoted from Joker19:

So I have the USB plugged into that Cabinet USB Out. On the computer in the bottom cabinet.
Where does the printer type end goes? That is what I cannot figure out. In the head somewhere? And what does it do?

Pinside_forum_8216191_3935010 (resized).jpgPinside_forum_8216191_3935010 (resized).jpg

The controller box on the bottom of the pinball machine, just left when you open the coin door.

#19669 39 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

[quoted image]
The controller box on the bottom of the pinball machine, just left when you open the coin door.

Thank you!

So I guess it is not mandatory for the game to work since it's a USB Out for game updates.

I'll get a new cable regardless.

Now if only I could hear back regarding the left sling not working from PB, I know the switch and coil work, just don't work during the game connected where they should be. I have that extra board for slings.

20240601_134448 (resized).jpg20240601_134448 (resized).jpg20240604_090048 (resized).jpg20240604_090048 (resized).jpg
#19670 39 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:The other end is like a printer usb and goes into the far left rear port of the lower cabinet control box.
So just get a new usb printer cable.
It might be just be a daisy chain for USB from that lower cabinet to the under playfield box that then goes to upper cabinet computer.
So if you update the machine using that lower cabinet board like I do because you can just open the coin door and plug in rather than taking off the back glass.
I bet if you were to plug a usb into the control board that is mounted on the bottom of the cab right to your left you would not be able to communicate to the computer in the head to do an update.
I don't even see that port on the new board that you can order.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

My Ripley cabinet board (build date april) does not have this usb B port. or the 4 usb A ports. FYI.

Speaking of cabinet board, I have the "tilt closed. cabinet sw. disabled" message. I've power cycled the game dozens of times. messing with cables between each time. I've gotten the game to boot successfully 3 times. But the playfield is up, and by the time I put it down to put balls in to play, the next power cycle has same issue. I know the cabinet board has power. all 4 voltages (status light) but no communication.

Question: Is this communications solely the ethernet cable between the cabinet board and the playfield board? (I am unsure what role the usb cables between head and playfield play). I tried a random unshielded patch cable I had laying around. that didn't help. I have added this to my ticket, but if anyone has ideas that would be great. All i've found on the forum is "damaged boards" or "reseat cables"

#19671 39 days ago

Hi All,

I just installed the mini beacon kit and question for you who have it.

Just want to make sure its working correctly. The left upper beacon is tied into the left spinner. The middle left is tied into the Mother Hole. The right middle is tied to the right spinner. The bottom right beacon is tied into the shooter lane. Upper right flasher is controlled via modes....

I dont see the bottom left beacon tied in to anything. Seems it only comes on when the game calls for all beacons to be on.

Is this normal?

#19672 39 days ago

Also, anyone have issues with ball's catching the wires of the beacons? Happening to my right lower beacon at times.

And is there a way to lower the brightness? They are bright...

#19673 39 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Do you have a tracking number?
I have been told it's coming next week for 5 weeks.

No it wont be coming to me directly it'll be going to the local distro. However seeing as there will be one big shipment of RV machines plus all the accessories that everyone has ordered I'm inclined to believe the toppers will be included. Can only hope...

#19674 38 days ago

Got my new PB last night, 1,511,606,200. Nearly doubled my previous one. Was close to getting a second All-Out-War

20240609_204429 (resized).jpg20240609_204429 (resized).jpg
#19675 38 days ago

I don't even remember Alien commercials back then, lol ..

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/VzrGjo6eV9AsQ2W6/

#19676 37 days ago

Got to installing the mini beacon kit the other day. I wasnt sure about this when I bought it, but its pretty awesome! Got to play more last night and I like how they go off with the game.

Glad I ended up going through with it.

#19677 37 days ago

Good to hear people like this mod. I ordered the mini beacon a few weeks ago for an LV that should be arriving any day. Been wondering when the mod will appear.

How long did it take for you to receive yours? Hoping this item doesn’t share the extended lead times as their other products?

#19678 37 days ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Good to hear people like this mod. I ordered the mini beacon a few weeks ago for an LV that should be arriving any day. Been wondering when the mod will appear.
How long did it take for you to receive yours? Hoping this item doesn’t share the extended lead times as their other products?

I ordered one last week, along with a shaker. The shaker showed up yesterday but not the beacon kit. So they clearly aren't stocking them in US. Wonder if they are just out of stock overall or if they ship these directly from Europe.

#19679 37 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I ordered one last week, along with a shaker. The shaker showed up yesterday but not the beacon kit. So they clearly aren't stocking them in US. Wonder if they are just out of stock overall or if they ship these directly from Europe.

Interesting. So it could be awhile. Ah well, gives me time to do initial set up, tweaking, tuning, installing other mods and external power supplies, etc.

Thanks for the input.

#19680 37 days ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Got to installing the mini beacon kit the other day. I wasnt sure about this when I bought it, but its pretty awesome! Got to play more last night and I like how they go off with the game.
Glad I ended up going through with it.

Pictures?!

#19681 36 days ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

I’m also after the mini beacon kit but there is no one Europe with stock either. I can’t even find anywhere with them available on back order.

#19682 36 days ago

Sorry, I didnt take any as I figured there were already a bunch on here.

#19683 36 days ago
Quoted from Ant-H:

I’m also after the mini beacon kit but there is no one Europe with stock either. I can’t even find anywhere with them available on back order.

I found this online..

https://www.pinball.co.uk/spares-accessories/mods/alien-mini-beacons-flashers-kit/

#19685 35 days ago

Hi, Alien noob here. Just picked up a standard. I kinda was browsing the thread here. I’m am looking to see if the Standard version stand up targets are supposed to light up or not. I found some connectors that were not plugged in underneath right away when I was going through the machine. I was not sure if they were supposed to be plugged in or not. Without knowing the machine. (I should have asked first) I then noticed the stand up target targets were mostly lit but not all of them. Anyway I’m lost. Are those connectors not to be plugged in for the standard and those targets switches not supposed to light up. Or are they and mine are malfunctioning? Thank you. Hopefully this makes sense to someone.

IMG_1773 (resized).jpegIMG_1773 (resized).jpegIMG_1774 (resized).jpegIMG_1774 (resized).jpegIMG_1775 (resized).jpegIMG_1775 (resized).jpegIMG_1776 (resized).jpegIMG_1776 (resized).jpegIMG_1777 (resized).jpegIMG_1777 (resized).jpegIMG_1778 (resized).jpegIMG_1778 (resized).jpegIMG_1779 (resized).jpegIMG_1779 (resized).jpeg

#19686 35 days ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Hi, Alien noob here. Just picked up a standard. I kinda was browsing the thread here. I’m am looking to see if the Standard version stand up targets are supposed to light up or not. I found some connectors that were not plugged in underneath right away when I was going through the machine. I was not sure if they were supposed to be plugged in or not. Without knowing the machine. (I should have asked first) anyway I then noticed the stand up target targets were mostly lit but not all of them. Anyway I’m lost. Are those connectors not to be plugged in for the standard and those targets switches not supposed to light up. Or are they and mine are malfunctioning? Thank you. Hopefully this makes sense to someone.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is normal on the SV version.

#19687 35 days ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That is normal on the SV version.

Normal the stand up targets do not all light up? Or they should be unplugged and they should not light at all?

#19688 34 days ago

Normal the stand up targets do not all light up? Or they should be unplugged and they should not light at all?

As i understand it, they shipped unplugged and missing code originally. Code was provided in one of the updates, so you need to plug the targets in. Target 5 required a jumper cable that bridged board to board for this one to light, and you could get one from Pbros support. Folks keep me honest here on this one if i got this wrong.

Make sure you update to latest code and firmware at their support page: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions

#19689 34 days ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Make sure you update to latest code and firmware at their support page: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions

If your lower flippers stop working after installing the latest code don't panic, this is common with the last update on the SV.

Go into the menu and turn off staged flippers, save and turn the game off & on with the switch rather than just let it reboot itself off menu.
Seemed for some SV owners that was required for the change to take affect.

#19690 34 days ago

Unplugged and not light up.
In the thread there is a way to get them to if you want.
I believe you have get a different wire plug for them.
I never looked into it very hard because I don't really care that they don't light up.
I just know that's how the SV comes, I know it seems weird having part of that wiring hanging off not connected.

#19691 34 days ago

Depending on when that SV was made, which targets you have, and which boards you have, the supplied plugs that are hanging may not fit in the connectors (this is the case with mine) as they changed them.

#19692 34 days ago

Oh ok, understood now. Thank you all for your responses!

#19693 34 days ago

Another problem, this is a big one.
I was playing last night when the top left pop bumpers spoon switch got stuck, causing the pop to go crazy.
So, I shut it down and popped to hood and adjusted the spoon.
Turn the machine back on and now none of the solenoids on the right-side fire.
No flippers, no pops, no trough ball kick and no ball launch.
All solenoids on the left side fire.
I did notice that the flipper died before I opened er up. So, it started before, I didn't cause it.
Where do I begin? I am no rookie at taking care of my machines...I'm in the dark on this one.

I still can't believe there are no manuals for this.

#19694 34 days ago

sounds like you might have blown a fuse somewhere (when the pop went nuts) ..here's hoping it's just that! GL

#19695 34 days ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

sounds like you might have blown a fuse somewhere (when the pop went nuts) ..here's hoping it's just that! GL

Were extra fuses in the goodie bag?

Without a manual it's going to be a bitch finding it. Any hints?

#19696 34 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Were extra fuses in the goodie bag?
Without a manual it's going to be a bitch finding it. Any hints?

There should have been extra fuses in the goodie bag. They are really small. They are in the black box in the cabinet. There are 3 of them. IIRC they are hard to tell if they blow, so you may need to test them with a MM.

#19697 34 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

NO TILT BOB, NO GOODIE BAG AT ALL!

#19698 34 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Get the distro on the rotary.
Ut oh, is my age showing? I'll tuck it back in.

Once again I'll quote myself.

#19699 34 days ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There should have been extra fuses in the goodie bag. They are really small. They are in the black box in the cabinet. There are 3 of them. IIRC they are hard to tell if they blow, so you may need to test them with a MM.

the Fast boardset I guess has not been around long enough yet or used in enough production games that I can say i wish all the botiques used it, but this is definitely 1 area where they are doing it right. Also, while they haven't released documentation (yet), if they do it will cover all the manufacturers using it, because let's be honest none of them seem to be interested in releasing their own manuals.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#19700 34 days ago

Can someone please give me a little more information as to exactly where these fuses are located before, I do my teardown?
I would appreciate it if someone could hold my hand on this one, this machine is a different world compared to all the others.
TBL is in the same ballpark but, they have such a detailed manual you can rebuild the damn machine.

I still can't believe there are no manuals to this...is going to be my tag line.

Thank in advance, if no one answers I'm sure I'll wing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 160.00
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 20,171 posts in this topic. You are on page 394 of 404.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.