20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 376.
#1801 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I waited 18 months for my ACNC!
And then sold it after 18 months.

What made you sell it?

#1802 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I just got my shipping notification from CT, no tracking number, but I'm assuming the second container is being distributed?

Update. I got a FedEx notification. It will be here on Monday!

#1803 2 years ago

Do you know if that was one of the ones sitting at CT waiting for a pallet or a new shipment? No idea how many games were shipped on the first round, but it wasn't the whole set. (Because I should have been on it). Yet to hear anything but paid back in May.

#1804 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do you know if that was one of the ones sitting at CT waiting for a pallet or a new shipment? No idea how many games were shipped on the first round, but it wasn't the whole set. (Because I should have been on it). Yet to hear anything but paid back in May.

I'm in the same boat (no pun intended) as you. I paid in May and expected the game to ship. After a few weeks I contacted CoinTaker and eventually got a oneliner answer that my game was "coming very soon". I had since given up and did not expect anything until September, which was my initial estimate anyway after they revealed the game and took pre-orders.

#1805 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

What made you sell it?

It was too hard! Shots are so tight on that game that I could never nail the orbits or ramps anywhere near consistently. My friends that come over and play couldn't either. But, like me they loved the co-op mode and music, art, animations and sheer awesomeness of the haunted world under glass and atmosphere that it has. Also, best upper playfield in pinball! After 18 months, no noticeable dimples on the playfield! Shit, I'm already regretting selling it now!

#1806 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

It was too hard! Shots are so tight on that game that I could never nail the orbits or ramps anywhere near consistently. My friends that come over and play couldn't either. But, like me they loved the co-op mode and music, art, animations and sheer awesomeness of the haunted world under glass and atmosphere that it has. Also, best upper playfield in pinball! After 18 months, no noticeable dimples on the playfield! Shit, I'm already regretting selling it now!

Perfectly describes ACNC.

#1807 2 years ago

I dropped out today and requested a refund - I’ll revisit Alien next year and see if the kinks are worked out. Hope all of you earlier adopters have good luck getting and/or keeping your game working. Look forward to playing one of these machines soon!

#1808 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Shots are so tight on that game that I could never nail the orbits or ramps anywhere near consistently.

I can't hit a single thing on that game. Take us back to the '90s width of the shots.

#1809 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I dropped out today and requested a refund - I’ll revisit Alien next year and see if the kinks are worked out. Hope all of you earlier adopters have good luck getting and/or keeping your game working. Look forward to playing one of these machines soon!

Ah…ok. Thanks for letting me know.

#1810 2 years ago

Getting mine on Thursday

48600B9A-6479-438F-8DEF-34F3618CA824 (resized).jpeg48600B9A-6479-438F-8DEF-34F3618CA824 (resized).jpegE558C9D0-B0CA-4C1E-AC48-54EBFF014C54 (resized).jpegE558C9D0-B0CA-4C1E-AC48-54EBFF014C54 (resized).jpeg
#1811 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

Getting mine on Thursday
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hell yeah! That's so exciting. When did you place your original order?

#1812 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Hell yeah! That's so exciting. When did you place your original order?

I made the official deposit an hour or 2 after the podcast unveil but told Melissa like a week previous that I know what’s coming and to put me down for one (I found out online quite a bit before it went public).

#1813 2 years ago
Quoted from Cloud9:

Getting mine on Thursday
[quoted image][quoted image]

Do you know what number you are in line?

#1814 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Sorry, I don’t

Quoted from crwjumper:

#1815 2 years ago

I really happy to see more people getting their games. I am still having a blast with Aliens after about 2 months of owning it and managed to get 4 of the 5 multiballs started just the other night (started Save Newt for the first time). Alien has a ton of shots and modes are quite challenging. Here is a link to the latest stream I posted and I time stamped it so you can see the different modes.

#1816 2 years ago

Any owners of the Alien Remake care to share dimensions of the body and head unit separately for me? Considering purchase and want to be sure i can get it where it needs to go. I did look at the pinbrothers alien page and have the overall dims in metric once assembled. Looking for main body and head separately.
Thank you.

#1817 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Any owners of the Alien Remake care to share dimensions of the body and head unit separately for me? Considering purchase and want to be sure i can get it where it needs to go. I did look at the pinbrothers alien page and have the overall dims in metric once assembled. Looking for main body and head separately.
Thank you.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/22#post-6333007

#1818 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I really happy to see more people getting their games. I am still having a blast with Aliens after about 2 months of owning it and managed to get 4 of the 5 multiballs started just the other night (started Save Newt for the first time). Alien has a ton of shots and modes are quite challenging. Here is a link to the latest stream I posted and I time stamped it so you can see the different modes.

You're the real MVP. I've watched all of your Alien streams so far. Thanks so much for posting these!

#1819 2 years ago

Anyone know who designed and coded this game?

#1820 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Anyone know who designed and coded this game?

Dennis Nordman did the playfield layout.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1822 2 years ago

Anyone else concerned about future availability of circuit boards for this pin? What is the board system called, and who makes it?

#1823 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Anyone else concerned about future availability of circuit boards for this pin? What is the board system called, and who makes it?

It doesn't really matter in tnis modern world.

I can have any board copied and reproduced for $8

#1824 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Including the custom code burned onto the cpu chips?

#1825 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Quoted from zacaj:

2nd quarter reservation

Leaving only emulation. Alas, I think boards will be found. Considering Haggis’s problems (related to Covid, parts/services crunch & the process of building a logistics supply chain (as in not well established)) id say Pinball Brothers is hitting milestones. Big tell will be how late the LE announcement is and how long it takes to announce the next pin.

Any updates from people notified of shipping?

#1826 2 years ago

Got my game today. It's playing great. The only issue is the left speaker sounds muffled and quiet but the right is fine. I know the speakers are fine because when I switched the cables the left worked great and the right was muffled. I sent a ticket and I'm waiting for an answer. I'm very happy with it. Pinball Brothers has done a great job considering.

IMG_5547 2 (resized).JPGIMG_5547 2 (resized).JPGIMG_6260 (resized).JPGIMG_6260 (resized).JPG
#1827 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Got my game today. It's playing great. The only issue is the left speaker sounds muffled and quiet but the right is fine. I know the speakers are fine because when I switched the cables the left worked great and the right was muffled. I sent a ticket and I'm waiting for an answer. I'm very happy with it. Pinball Brothers has done a great job considering.[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Game looks terrific.

#1828 2 years ago

Got my game today. It's playing great. The only issue is the left speaker sounds muffled and quiet but the right is fine. I know the speakers are fine because when I switched the cables the left worked great and the right was muffled. I sent a ticket and I'm waiting for an answer. I'm very happy with it. Pinball Brothers has done a great job considering.[quoted image][quoted image]

congrats! .. were you "2nd batch " .. i am no. 44 PIF and have heard nothing

#1829 2 years ago

Congratulations to all new Alien owners!

Just an FYI.... I've been working with Cato on a few 2.2 software issues that only seem to manifest intermittently. I think we are making EXCELLENT progress. I think the next software update will be huge and great. So I just want to mention that.... don't get frustrated if you encounter any of these issues I think they will be fixed soon!

Brad

#1830 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Quoted from zacaj:

This is news to me! And how would one go about doing this?
Thanks!!

#1831 2 years ago

Got my game today. It's playing great. [quoted image][quoted image]

That face hugger topper is awesome! It should be an upgrade option!

#1832 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

congrats! .. were you "2nd batch " .. i am no. 44 PIF and have heard nothing

I'm first batch (34 I believe) and haven't heard anything.

#1833 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That face hugger topper is awesome! It should be an upgrade option!

I was wondering if somebody would notice the face hugger. I got that a few years ago at the Gearbox Aliens Launch party.

IMG_6254 (resized).JPGIMG_6254 (resized).JPG
#1834 2 years ago

Speaking of toppers, anyone hear about how to hook up the beacons as the software has their functionality built in. Its over my head on how to even do it on the new version

#1835 2 years ago

I was wondering if somebody would notice the face hugger. I got that a few years ago at the Gearbox Aliens Launch party. [quoted image]

You are 15 miles away from me....hint hint. Yes that's a self invite...HAHA.

You can come over when my LV arrives.

#1836 2 years ago

It’s coming . . .

086BB046-FDD3-4ACF-9F4D-4557AC86E4B6 (resized).jpeg086BB046-FDD3-4ACF-9F4D-4557AC86E4B6 (resized).jpeg
#1838 2 years ago

I got my Alien last Thursday and didn’t get to set it up until late that night (so didn’t get to mess with it much right away). But Friday & Saturday I fixed the couple issues it had: 1. Right speaker & sub leads were crossed and needed to be switched out (Easy-Peazy). 2. Solenoid that loads ball into trough was firing so hard that ball would ricochet off side and into PF Outlane and drain. I tried several rounds of reduced coil power and it’s much better at the maximum weaker setting (25% weaker). I wish I could try 30-35% weaker but those are not options. 3. Upper right flipper was sticking - needed to loosen the grip of the assembly on the flipper shaft and push the flipper further down so there was less “play” and re-tighten. The only other problem that persists (but is rare) is an occasional need to restart machine when it suddenly will become unresponsive. It’s never happened during ball in play, but in attract mode or between balls you’ll suddenly have no response from a couple buttons (like launch button and one flipper function) and need to do a restart. This happened maybe 3 times over Friday night and all day Saturday. I want to add that we had a party Saturday night which had it being played pretty much non-stop for about 7 hours. I consider that pretty heavy use and a very thorough “burn-in cycle”. I conclude this machine to be 100% functional and 99% reliable. After all the problems so many of us have reported, I’m very, very, relieved and thankful for my overall experience this far. The gameplay and fun factor has exceeded my expectations and my pin-buddies all concur. I was (however) surprised that when I contacted PB about where to mount the shaker motor and where to find the connector for it they said they don’t support a shaker yet but would later this year (that’s funny as shaker motor settings ARE ALREADY in adjustments menu). They added that they’d like to use me as a test subject. So at least shaker support is coming soon.

#1839 2 years ago

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know.
Did the game come with the latest code or did you have to update?
Any drop or skinny target issues?

How would you rank fit and finish quality and look?

Thanks again.

#1840 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Speaking of toppers, anyone hear about how to hook up the beacons as the software has their functionality built in. Its over my head on how to even do it on the new version

I would like to know this too. If someone has already done this, please do share. I was hoping someone other than myself could probe all the pins on the backbox connector, but I'll do it if I have to.

Quoted from Cloud9:

I got my Alien last Thursday and didn’t get to set it up until late that night (so didn’t get to mess with it much right away). But Friday & Saturday I fixed the couple issues it had: 1. Right speaker & sub leads were crossed and needed to be switched out (Easy-Peazy). 2. Solenoid that loads ball into trough was firing so hard that ball would ricochet off side and into PF Outlane and drain. I tried several rounds of reduced coil power and it’s much better at the maximum weaker setting (25% weaker). I wish I could try 30-35% weaker but those are not options. 3. Upper right flipper was sticking - needed to loosen the grip of the assembly on the flipper shaft and push the flipper further down so there was less “play” and re-tighten. The only other problem that persists (but is rare) is an occasional need to restart machine when it suddenly will become unresponsive. It’s never happened during ball in play, but in attract mode or between balls you’ll suddenly have no response from a couple buttons (like launch button and one flipper function) and need to do a restart. This happened maybe 3 times over Friday night and all day Saturday. I want to add that we had a party Saturday night which had it being played pretty much non-stop for about 7 hours. I consider that pretty heavy use and a very thorough “burn-in cycle”. I conclude this machine to be 100% functional and 99% reliable. After all the problems so many of us have reported, I’m very, very, relieved and thankful for my overall experience this far. The gameplay and fun factor has exceeded my expectations and my pin-buddies all concur. I was (however) surprised that when I contacted PB about where to mount the shaker motor and where to find the connector for it they said they don’t support a shaker yet but would later this year (that’s funny as shaker motor settings ARE ALREADY in adjustments menu). They added that they’d like to use me as a test subject. So at least shaker support is coming soon.

I know about the "unresponsive between balls" issue you're talking about. I've been working with PB on it and testing some beta versions I can tell you that I have high confidence that it will be fixed in the next software update. For the ball eject too hard issue, I don't think it is a problem with the power, but an adjustment you need to make with the mech:

(super simple fix there)

#1841 2 years ago

I'm going with 2-4 Months Until Alien LV features reveal. October - December 2021. With LV games shipping Q1 of 2022.

#1842 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm going with 2-4 Months Until Alien LV features reveal. October - December 2021. With LV games shipping Q1 of 2022.

I am going with Nov 20th...lol.

#1843 2 years ago

anyone resolve the random alien tongue issue where it doesn't fully extend during boot up (resulting in a stuck switch error)? I am able to resolve it after a test calibration or two but I didn't know if there was a silver bullet. Funny is that this happened on the OG too so maybe it's just the mech.

#1844 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I am going with Nov 20th...lol.

Are you randomly guessing ? Or was the date confirmed from Pinball Brothers ? Or perhaps that's when Alien Xmas came out last year...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Xmas

#1845 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Just got mine unboxed yesterday. Felted the scoop to stop drains, but am now having flipper issues. Going to try smoothing out the bushings and go from there. Any other flipper suggestions are welcome!

Felt the scoop? Newbie here, can you elaborate for me please?- Thanks.

#1846 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Are you randomly guessing ? Or was the date confirmed from Pinball Brothers ? Or perhaps that's when Alien Xmas came out last year...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_Xmas

HAHA , I like the way you think....no just a random guess.....just so ready for the news to drop.

#1847 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Felt the scoop? Newbie here, can you elaborate for me please?- Thanks.

Take a piece of felt, usually the non-rough edge of a velcro strip, and stick it on the underside of the scoop. It allows the ball to be redirected without bending or moving the assembly. Does that help? If not, I'm happy to provide a pic later.

#1848 2 years ago

Ripley : How long after Alien Pinball machine declared overdue can we expect a rescue?

Corporal Hicks : [pause] Seventeen days.

Private Hudson : Seventeen *days*? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours!

ripley (resized).jpegripley (resized).jpeg
#1849 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Ripley : How long after Alien Pinball machine declared overdue can we expect a rescue?
Corporal Hicks : [pause] Seventeen days.
Private Hudson : Seventeen *days*? Hey man, I don't wanna rain on your parade, but we're not gonna last seventeen hours! [quoted image]

yes, but than look at Newt...

#1850 2 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

yes, but than look at Newt...

Then they should put her is charge!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/37?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.