100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 377.
#1651 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

So after reading through the "original" Alien thread while waiting for this one. I really liked the motion tracker mod. So I got in touch with the guy who made them originally and asked if he would be willing to revise the mod to work on the PB Alien, he said he would. So I'm happy to show you the fruits of his labor, here's a couple of pics of the motion tracker mod installed on my PB Alien. It's fantastic as anybody who has it installed on their original will tell you. If you are interested in getting one for your machine contact Vimtoman via PM for pricing and availability. He's a great guy to work with!
Sorry for the crappy pics they really don't do it justice.[quoted image][quoted image]

Does this mod only work during Ambush mode then and correspond with the tracker on the screen?

#1652 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Does this mod only work during Ambush mode then and correspond with the tracker on the screen?

No, the way it works is it's tied in to the shooter lane switch, so when there's no ball in the shooter lane you see the Waylan-Yutani sign, when a ball is in the shooter lane it shows the Tracker screen with the LCD on the mod counting down distance in meters, it's pretty cool looking and it looks like it should have been in the machine from the factory, it's made that well.

#1653 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

No, the way it works is it's tied in to the shooter lane switch, so when there's no ball in the shooter lane you see the Waylan-Yutani sign, when a ball is in the shooter lane it shows the Tracker screen with the LCD on the mod counting down distance in meters, it's pretty cool looking and it looks like it should have been in the machine from the factory, it's made that well.

I definitely need this , PMed him thanks for posting

#1654 2 years ago

Ditto.

#1655 2 years ago

Thanks Red Devils!

#1656 2 years ago

Here's a quick video of the motion tracker in action...

#1657 2 years ago

Yes it’s an awsome mod . Just don’t know if makes them again tho

#1658 2 years ago
Quoted from AMSNL:

Yes it’s an awsome mod . Just don’t know if makes them again tho

I PM'd him. Here's his response...

Hi, I'm trying to source a large batch of displays but there's a shortage and a long lead time for them.
So I will place you on the list and be in contact later .
It will, I'm afraid, be a while.
Cost would roughly be £150 UK GBP delivered.

#1659 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I PM'd him. He's planning to, but still working on sourcing the parts in volume and then there's a long wait time. He's not sure about when they will be available yet. Cost would roughly be £150 UK GBP delivered.

Sweet! As it’s an verry cool mod

#1660 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I PM'd him. Here's his response...
Hi, I'm trying to source a large batch of displays but there's a shortage and a long lead time for them.
So I will place you on the list and be in contact later .
It will, I'm afraid, be a while.
Cost would roughly be £150 UK GBP delivered.

Sounds like I need to get on that guy's list.

#1661 2 years ago

Have just started a new thread for the tracker below.
Thanks for all the interest and kind words.

Trying to source parts so will update progress on thread below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-motion-tracker-mod-pbb#post-6394422

#1662 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Probably why no one knows anything about the next shipment of games.

#1663 2 years ago

Anybody going to use leg protectors on their alien?

#1664 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anybody going to use leg protectors on their alien?

Think it was already noted they already have metal protectors.

#1665 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Think it was already noted they already have metal protectors.

I think they are plastic, like Sterns. But, I’ll also be using felt over that as well like I do with Sterns.

#1666 2 years ago

Any updates on the second container US bound or is this the wrong thread?

#1667 2 years ago

Yesterday my package with a bunch of replacement playfield boards, v2 standups, new legs, etc shipped.

...today one of the up-posts for diverting balls to the pops snapped off. Great timing

It looks like the whole post is made of plastic, not metal with a rubber sleeve like other games, so I expect both of these to break off sometime soon. The whole area up there is awfully designed. I even when my posts were intact I kept having fast balls blow past the post before it could raise, or balls bouncing off the post and coming all the way back down the orbit. They should have just used controllable one way gates like on every Ritchie game.

#1668 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yesterday my package with a bunch of replacement playfield boards, v2 standups, new legs, etc shipped.
...today one of the up-posts for diverting balls to the pops snapped off. Great timing
It looks like the whole post is made of plastic, not metal with a rubber sleeve like other games, so I expect both of these to break off sometime soon. The whole area up there is awfully designed. I even when my posts were intact I kept having fast balls blow past the post before it could raise, or balls bouncing off the post and coming all the way back down the orbit. They should have just used controllable one way gates like on every Ritchie game.

Can you take a pic of the part you're talking about that snapped off? I'm not finding any plastic posts on mine.

#1669 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Can you take a pic of the part you're talking about that snapped off? I'm not finding any plastic posts on mine.

It's the same thing that happened to @lethal_inc's here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/31#post-6368226

#1670 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Any updates on the second container US bound or is this the wrong thread?

really wish cointaker was more proactive in relaying messages about delayed shipments ..

#1672 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

really wish cointaker was more proactive in relaying messages about delayed shipments ..

Let them fix a few more problems. Drop targets and the diverter post at least.

#1673 2 years ago

Let them fix a few more problems. Drop targets and the diverter post at least.

They are already in the container.

#1674 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They are already in the container.

Sounds like a farce. Im not sure conformation was ever given? Did the boat head around the Cape of Good Hope?

Whats it been a month since the last shipment?

#1675 2 years ago

Word was there were shipping container shortages. Problem is, that doesn't really tell us if the next set of games are already boxed up (which they probably have been) and/or sitting on a container (which is also possible).

For the next 20 or so games, I would not expect them to have any of the new switches / etc. If they aren't already boxed, then it's going to be at least a 4 week wait anyway.

For all we know..they could be on the water....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1676 2 years ago

Now someone post a random picture of sea containers falling off a ship. Because it just keeps getting more funny each and every time. (please don't)

#1677 2 years ago

Be patient. Just around the river bend.

Sounds like a farce. Im not sure conformation was ever given? Did the boat head around the Cape of Good Hope?
Whats it been a month since the last shipment?

Pretty funny how all the newbies switch from yesmen to concerned about bullshit promises! Que the barage of phone calls to cointaker in 3...2...

#1678 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Pretty funny how all the newbies switch from yesmen to concerned about bullshit promises! Que the barage of phone calls to cointaker in 3...2...

Don't mind waiting; I do mind losing my $1,000. Cointaker isn't who should be keeping consumers up to date. When is the last time Pinball Brothers said anything?

#1679 2 years ago

You aren't going to lose your $1000. And I get the impression CT has more to do than bug PB every day. When we do get info from them, it seems to be wrong half the time. I'm in no rush (I mean..I am, but I can wait). I would prefer if the next shipment was still on the line waiting for the fixes, but I really don't think that is the case. I think they are sitting on the docks waiting to ship. (and btw, I've already fully paid for mine, thinking they may have jumped a bit too soon on those collections).

#1680 2 years ago

Agreed. The $1,000 is well spent. Just a matter of time. Could the code be deeper? Prometheus/Alien Covenant would be a great follow up. David 8 (and Ash (btw is Ash part of this package? Don’t remember seeing any reference in the play posted online)) could be the scariest part of the Alien Universe.

As to the nature of problems with FAR Part 12 throughout the supply chain, makes the use of quality more important to consumers, btob and gtob. Push more industry’s into FAR Part 30 & 31 through CAS using performance based objectives such as quality. Tie flow down into particular industries. Ripples should help capitalism help itself. Watch the FAR Part 3.

Hope to receive a machine, with more then just the simple problems ironed out. The feed back provided (from early adopters) should improve manufacturing (for Pinball Brothers) moving forward. PB is probably waiting for some of its accounting to catch up at this point. Getting off the ground is risky yet rewarding if handled properly. Investors care about books, as much as, consumers care about products.

#1681 2 years ago

I've designed some custom apron cards for Alien in green/green, blue/blue, and blue/green, and wanted to make them available to Alien owners. You can see the Alien cards (and some of the others I offer) in more detail here: http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/alien

Price is $10 for a pair (includes US postage, $12 for outside US), and you can order by PM'ing me for payment info.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1682 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I've designed some custom apron cards for Alien in both green and blue tones, and wanted to make them available to Alien owners. You can see the Alien cards (and some of the others I offer) in more detail here: http://aproncards.com/index.php/nggallery/pinball-apron-cards/alien
Price is $10 for a pair (includes US postage, $12 for outside US), and you can order by PM'ing me for payment info.
[quoted image]

You know me by now....what's missing in this set??? lol

#1683 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

You know me by now....what's missing in this set??? lol

Well, these came from an idea for a custom one-off magnet set I'm doing for an owner (different designs) who wanted to keep the OEM center apron decal (if that's what you are referring to).

If anyone prefers magnets instead of cards I can do a two piece set for $18 which are a little larger and cover the apron card slots. If a center magnet is also desired, the price for the magnet set goes to $25. I would design the center decal to be similar to the backglass (egg with ALIEN type).

#1684 2 years ago

Got my new set of playfield boards today; rev C instead of a mix of rev A and B that I had before. A few annoyances like connectors having moved to different places on the boards were worse than they should be since every single damn plug is the same color and not labelled. Had to take a lot of pictures to make sure everything went back where it should. But everything went together fine, and the swap was mostly easier than expected, except for the board between the slingshots, where I had to remove one of the slingshot mechs completely to angle the board into place. Took about 1.5 hours total. Will see if this improves my reliability....

They also sent the new version 2 standup targets, which are an improvement over the version 1 I had. Previously I could never actually play a ball where all 5 targets worked, and thus had to rely on skillshots and missions to collect weapons. Now I managed to complete all the standups a 3 times in 2 games. Still had occasional sticking though sadly. Hopefully version 3 fixes it for good

I've got another package coming monday via DHL, which I assume is a replacement up-post for my orbit, although I never actually got a response on my ticket about it.

#1685 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Got my new set of playfield boards today

Cool, Thanks for letting us know.

#1686 2 years ago

Well well well.... I got my package from PB today with a replacement Alien Board 8. It totally fixed my opto problems. I still have no idea what was wrong with the old board... after reflowing the opto connector, the old board did start working for a couple hours, but then went out again and I was never able to revive it after that. Well, this new board seems to have solved all my problems. I just played a few games and all seems great! I also got the Gen. 2 targets!!

Here's my solution for now on the ball getting stuck on top of the flipper. This transparent drawer stopper from Home Depot prevents the ball from rolling down and getting wedged in there. It isn't noticeable when playing either... so not a bad solution. Haven't heard of any official solution to that problem yet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1687 2 years ago

Here’s what I did to my version 2 weapon targets. I relocated the rubber pad to the back of the metal plate instead of on the PCB board where it really wasn’t absorbing any of the ball impact. Here, it stops the target from going to far in to the board and getting jammed or even hitting the micro switch too hard. So far it’s doing great.

53D8B1FB-F1B7-4017-B751-B5083D4D9B4B (resized).jpeg53D8B1FB-F1B7-4017-B751-B5083D4D9B4B (resized).jpeg
#1688 2 years ago

FYI in case youre into art.. Mondo just announced some comic con drops coming for Alien on Sunday July 25th at 1PM PST.

Art by Johnny Dombrowski
Standard Edition 24x36 $50 limited edition of 170
Variant Edition 24x36 $75 limited edition of 95.

https://mondoshop.com/pages/comic-con

Good luck if you try to go for either! Mondo stuff usually sells out in minutes!
Alien_Dombrowski_REGULAR-1020x680 (resized).jpegAlien_Dombrowski_REGULAR-1020x680 (resized).jpegAlien_Dombrowski_VARIANT-1020x680 (resized).jpegAlien_Dombrowski_VARIANT-1020x680 (resized).jpeg

#1689 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

FYI in case youre into art.. Mondo just announced some comic con drops coming for Alien on Sunday July 25th at 1PM PST.
Art by Johnny Dombrowski
Standard Edition 24x36 $50 limited edition of 170
Variant Edition 24x36 $75 limited edition of 95.
https://mondoshop.com/pages/comic-con
Good luck if you try to go for either! Mondo stuff usually sells out in minutes!
[quoted image][quoted image]

newbie here- what's the difference between the 2 versions??

#1690 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

newbie here- what's the difference between the 2 versions??

Usually the colors and the print runs are the only difference, sometimes artists sign them. Variants are usually more rare (due to the lower print run) In this case there's only 95 of the variant prints and 170 of the regular edition prints. According to the website it looks like the blue version is the regular and the full color one is the variant. I typically go for timed editions that way the edition size is determined by how many people buy them and theres usually like a set time limit of a couple days to place an order so its much more easier to get. For these limited runs you gotta hit F5 and rush through checkout like you would for a Spooky pin. lol

#1691 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Nice collection my friend, but can you wait a year for the Alien LV?
Maybe get the SE play the crap out of it then sell it to fund the LV, just a thought I'm considering as I've waited so long for this to be remade

I could get both.....OG and new remake.....like thelma and louise.

#1692 2 years ago

New up-post mech arrived today. They sent the whole mech, not just the broken part, so it was super easy to swap out (plus the coils all have connectors! ). Seems to be the same design as the old one though, so I worry it'll just break again, but luckily they also send a spare post+plunger piece, so when thay happens at least I can swap another in quick

#1693 2 years ago

I'm very happy to hear that the Pinball Brothers are rocking it when it comes to customer service. This great game deserves it, especially after all it's been through.

#1694 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I'm very happy to hear that the Pinball Brothers are rocking it when it comes to customer service. This great game deserves it, especially after all it's been through.

I hope they are rocking the already paid for Alien I have coming. I am number 61 on Spookys list to get the new Halloween pin and I suspect I will get that one before Alien at this pace.

#1695 2 years ago

LOL! I waited 18 months for Alice Cooper!

#1696 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I hope they are rocking the already paid for Alien I have coming. I am number 61 on Spookys list to get the new Halloween pin and I suspect I will get that one before Alien at this pace.

It sounds like they have more Aliens ready to roll, it's more shipping delays. I gotta think the Italian producer is bigger than Spooky and will be able to pump these out faster once they correct the design flaws and get rolling.

#1697 2 years ago

Order a HorWheels, best bang for the buck and supper fun, well built and great customer support! Ferret's on the job 24/7!!

#1698 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Order a HorWheels, best bang for the buck and supper fun, well built and great customer support! Ferret's on the job 24/7!!

Played one today for a while, we just couldn’t get into it, there’s no magic. Awaiting alien LV

#1699 2 years ago

Where can I buy this HorWheels pin, sounds great.

women-girls-and-cars-forgiato-rims-wallpaper-thumb (resized).jpgwomen-girls-and-cars-forgiato-rims-wallpaper-thumb (resized).jpg
#1700 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I’m encouraged by this too. But is it the greatest idea to keep just sending out the flawed parts or should they really redesign some of this stuff so they can just send one replacement and be done with it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,843 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/34?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.