20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 376.
#1551 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Here's one of the reasons I plunked down a deposit, these playfields look impenetrable!
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=874644590025528

Ya that’s a good video, the clear is super nice but don’t expect it not to dimple…….

AECA5898-82C6-4ABA-8652-F273C35CB91B (resized).jpegAECA5898-82C6-4ABA-8652-F273C35CB91B (resized).jpeg
#1552 2 years ago

Received my replacement board #6 today, super fast shipping, and game is playing pretty good now. All switches are working, yay!!! Need to replace the broken left post, Cato was going to send me another one. I’m finding that when I lock the second ball into the hyper sleep chamber and start hyper sleep multi ball the balls in the lock do not get ejected. Anyone have this problem? One question about Ambush. As the multi ball starts and the motion tracker shows the aliens proximity the shots are red on the left side but the center scoop, right ramp, and right orbit are different colors. Like one was green and the right orbit was yellow. Is this normal? What aren’t they red? Trying to get an understanding of how each mode and multi ball are suppose to work. Support from Cato has been top notch.

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

One question about Ambush. As the multi ball starts and the motion tracker shows the aliens proximity the shots are red on the left side but the center scoop, right ramp, and right orbit are different colors. Like one was green and the right orbit was yellow. Is this normal? What aren’t they red? Trying to get an understanding of how each mode and multi ball are suppose to work.

During Ambush, the attacking Xenos approach from one of four "quadrants" on the tracker and on the playfield... if I remember correctly, the leftmost quadrant uses red insert lighting, the second quadrant green, the third quadrant blue, and the rightmost quadrant yellow. Each quadrant has multiple shots that can be used to kill the attacking Xeno in that quadrant.

For biggest scores, this is important, because you don't want any Xenos to reach the center -- that resets the jackpot values back to baseline. So you want to focus on shooting the Xenos that are closest to the center. The callouts during Ambush include "accurate" distance calls that tell you the distance of the Xenos that are closest to the center... they move at about 1 meter per second.

#1554 2 years ago

Great thanks, that makes sense. I fixed my hypersleep locks. Locks 2 and 3 were reversed so after I changed the wiring to correspond to the right switch it works!! Cato is sending the whole left post mechanism and then I should be 100%. It’s great to play a fully functioning (well almost) game. It really does kick ass!!

#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

We don’t have any experience with such material

First modder who can replace these cheap trash looking ball guides with real ball guides gets all my money. They look terrible.

#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from Crispin:

Here's one of the reasons I plunked down a deposit, these playfields look impenetrable!
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=874644590025528

My Buthamburg F-14 repro playfiled was bullet proof, but I did let it cure for 6 months before installing it. I know there have been dimples with Alien, but not craters that I'm aware of. So normal!
Could it be that the dimples show up more on Alien because it's so dark?

#1557 2 years ago

I can live with dimples, it's the playfields crumbling before our eyes that are unacceptable. With the switches positioned under the playfield without the cut outs there's even less chance of loss of artwork.

#1558 2 years ago

Every Pinball Machine gets dimples, more or less, sooner or later.

#1559 2 years ago

what is the resolution of the rear playfield screen? looking at a mod to possibly add a hdmi splitter and additional screen on the apron. Cheers

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from Shmilder:

what is the resolution of the rear playfield screen? looking at a mod to possibly add a hdmi splitter and additional screen on the apron. Cheers

Not sure - but am curious why you would want the airlock screen on the apron vs. the main backbox screen? Seems like most people want to make up for the missing main playfield screen from the OG, and the airlock screen is very visible while you are playing. It also has information that pertains to the airlock shot, directly underneath it.

Having said that, it would be much harder to accomplish. I’ve had my screen box (which houses both the CPU and the main display) open recently as we diagnose an issue I have had, and the main display is connected to the ITX board with a 30-pin LVDS cable. I believe splitters are available for these but I have read they are very picky about voltages and resistances. Anybody familiar with LVDS and what it would take to split a signal from the backbox and run it to a small display in the apron?

The only other external connector on the screen box, apart from the HDMI used to feed the airlock screen, is a VGA connector. Perhaps it could be configured to mirror the LVDS output.

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Not sure - but am curious why you would want the airlock screen on the apron vs. the main backbox screen? Seems like most people want to make up for the missing main playfield screen from the OG, and the airlock screen is very visible while you are playing. It also has information that pertains to the airlock shot, directly underneath it.
Having said that, it would be much harder to accomplish. I’ve had my screen box (which houses both the CPU and the main display) open recently as we diagnose an issue I have had, and the main display is connected to the ITX board with a 30-pin LVDS cable. I believe splitters are available for these but I have read they are very picky about voltages and resistances. Anybody familiar with LVDS and what it would take to split a signal from the backbox and run it to a small display in the apron?
The only other external connector on the screen box, apart from the HDMI used to feed the airlock screen, is a VGA connector. Perhaps it could be configured to mirror the LVDS output.

Apologies, yes was looking to mirror the main screen to compensate for the missing playfield screen.

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

All the pictures and videos show the apron having no cards. Who's gonna design some? Need some cool art, maybe 1 card art for each movie with instructions on one and credits on another? Maybe a cool Weyland Yutani one? Hoping someone makes some.

Bump. …. Anyone ? ralphwiggum maybe ?

#1563 2 years ago

Aside from technical issues...

How do owners like the gameplay? Details!

#1564 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Absolutely love it, EHOH has been my favourite in my collection for over a year but this is definitely giving it a run. So many shots, all four flippers have several possible shots each, game play is super smooth, ramps are super smooth, upper left ramp and loop are very rewarding shots. Ambush multiball can be so intense it gives me goose bumps when it really gets going, and stacked with sentry guns is wow. Modes are hard enough to complete , I’ve only completed a few so far. The rules are pretty complex especially when you throw in weapons use. The sound and theme integration is easily the best of any game I’ve played (but I’m not a music / band pinball fan). I have a real hard time walking away from it , can play it for hours.

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Absolutely love it, EHOH has been my favourite in my collection for over a year but this is definitely giving it a run. So many shots, all four flippers have several possible shots each, game play is super smooth, ramps are super smooth, upper left ramp and loop are very rewarding shots. Ambush multiball can be so intense it gives me goose bumps when it really gets going, and stacked with sentry guns is wow. Modes are hard enough to complete , I’ve only completed a few so far. The rules are pretty complex especially when you throw in weapons use. The sound and theme integration is easily the best of any game I’ve played (but I’m not a music / band pinball fan). I have a real hard time walking away from it , can play it for hours.

Very well said. I will second everything above. My favorite pinball machine of all time used to be Williams Funhouse. It is now easily Pinball Brothers Alien.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Once the game is working, the theme and play are fantastic! EHoH still has my top vote, but this one is climbing up there! Once I get it completely dialed in, it may even surpass EHoH.

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Thanks for the feedback. I’m just trying to document issues I come across and make videos if I need to do the repairs. Figure it will help some others out. I’ve seen several different torx sizes for different mechs. I ended up buying a set of metric nut drivers but luckily had a bit set that included lots of torx bits. I have been messing with the left scoop kick out but don’t have a great solution yet. The ball actually hits the bottom of the plastic ramp when it gets ejected. Thought about trying to 3d print something to tame the kickout but no luck yet. I adjusted the coil strength to 25% weaker but it is still a bit too strong. [quoted image]

I put one of those gray foam pads(used behind standup targets) on the metal bracket. That gives me a perfect eject every time.

#1568 2 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I put one of those gray foam pads(used behind standup targets) on the metal bracket. That gives me a perfect eject every time.

I have several of those and will try this. Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated.

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Once the game is working, the theme and play are fantastic! EHoH still has my top vote, but this one is climbing up there! Once I get it completely dialed in, it may even surpass EHoH.

Dialed In!, EHoH and Alien are my top 3 right now. Hobbit is up there too.

you can really lose yourself

I'm looking forward to David Thiel's next project, whatever it may be.

#1570 2 years ago

Anybody receiving updates on getting their machines? Any new delivery's? Seems like a quiet thread for such a cool machine.

#1571 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anybody receiving updates on getting their machines? Any new delivers? Seems like a quiet thread for such a cool machine.

Still not a lot of them in hands yet.

#1572 2 years ago

I’m guessing my Q3 slot might actually be more like Q1 2022....

#1573 2 years ago

Do we even know if shipment 1 were all shipped from Cointaker yet?

#1574 2 years ago

I have some good news to report on my Alien Opto 1 problem. Cato suggested that I reflow solder on the power and opto connector, which I was sure was not going to fix the problem since I had already tested all the components and compared continuity between the other optos. Well, I'm embarrassed to admit that I reflowed those connectors this morning and it appears to have totally fixed the problem. I still need to put everything back together and test actual gameplay, but I think it is looking good since I now see the LED under the playfield and it responds to the Opto sensors. While I was putting things back together, I dropped a nut into the playfield like a total jackass and now I can't find it anywhere. So need to either find the nut or buy a new nut now. Other than my own idiotic move, things are looking up!

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

I saw the picture but it was hard to see where the pad was actually stuck to. Can you please take a better picture? Thanks!

#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Anybody receiving updates on getting their machines? Any new delivery's? Seems like a quiet thread for such a cool machine.

Mine is waiting on the dock for me to pick up in the morning!!! It’s been a number of years. So long I lost track.

#1577 2 years ago

We all do that!
You may as well order an assorted set of metric hardware for it anyway. You'll need it eventually!

#1578 2 years ago

We have some good news coming to all the new peeps enjoying this crazy ass cool PIN!!!!.

#1579 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I have some good news to report on my Alien Opto 1 problem. Cato suggested that I reflow solder on the power and opto connector, which I was sure was not going to fix the problem since I had already tested all the components and compared continuity between the other optos. Well, I'm embarrassed to admit that I reflowed those connectors this morning and it appears to have totally fixed the problem. I still need to put everything back together and test actual gameplay, but I think it is looking good since I now see the LED under the playfield and it responds to the Opto sensors. While I was putting things back together, I dropped a nut into the playfield like a total jackass and now I can't find it anywhere. So need to either find the nut or buy a new nut now. Other than my own idiotic move, things are looking up!

That’s great news!.....and also so funny about the nut!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to fix something and then created another problem.

#1580 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

We have some good news coming to all the new peeps enjoying this crazy ass cool PIN!!!!.

#1581 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

That’s great news!.....and also so funny about the nut!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve gone to fix something and then created another problem.

Those stories could be a completely separate thread lol.

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

New code…

#1583 2 years ago

I just want to know who 'we' is...

#1584 2 years ago

I replaced the version 1 weapon switches with the version 2 switches today and after a couple of games I noticed the same issue. Some of them still get stuck. I don’t think they are really any better of a design. I noticed that if you bend the target down more instead of straight it clears the micro switch more and makes better contact. If they stand straight up and take big hits, which they will, it tends to engage the micro switches and thus getting no register because the switch is already stuck in. I hope version 3 is better. Otherwise the game is playing pretty good. The shots are awesome and theme integration is off the charts amazing.

#1585 2 years ago

Starting to feel like I already have an LV. Beacons are next on my list!

VID-20210710-064704760 (3).gifVID-20210710-064704760 (3).gif

#1586 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

[quoted image]

That looks awesome.. do another video a little further back so we can so all the glory.

Well Done.

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

[quoted image]

FYI, I just noticed that the start game button is getting warm. Tested the voltage and it is 12V. The bulb that comes in the Alien button is 5V. Oops! Well, I'll order some 12V bulbs... just thought I'd mention it so others can avoid that mistake.

#1588 2 years ago

I believe I've gotten all of issues resolved on my machine. So it is now located at Maltese Brewing Company in Fredericksburg, VA.

16259389273083354153303266128231 (resized).jpg16259389273083354153303266128231 (resized).jpg
#1589 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmike:

I believe I've gotten all of issues resolved on my machine. So it is now located at Maltese Brewing Company in Fredericksburg, VA.
[quoted image]

Seeing this while waiting to go on the log ride, now I hope to convince the family to stop on the way home from Kings Dominion park this afternoon! Thanks MadMike!

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmike:I believe I've gotten all of issues resolved on my machine. So it is now located at Maltese Brewing Company in Fredericksburg, VA.
[quoted image]

Thanks for putting it on location, looking forward to flipping it!

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from Madmike:

[quoted image]

Better game than Stranger Things?

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Better game than Stranger Things?

I made it to Maltese to check out the new machine. Only had a chance to watch and play a few games, but it really passed the eye test. I would have liked to have stayed and played for hours, but the family was in tow after a long, hot day at Kings Dominion Park and I had a long drive ahead.

I own a STh LE, and chuckled to see the Alien parked next to one. The pins cannot be compared in any way, I don't think.

Long story short, I love the wide body of the Alien. Build quality appears great. Flippers are light and responsive.
A beautiful machine. I want one!

20210710_171847 (resized).jpg20210710_171847 (resized).jpg20210710_171852 (resized).jpg20210710_171852 (resized).jpg20210710_171858 (resized).jpg20210710_171858 (resized).jpg20210710_171902 (resized).jpg20210710_171902 (resized).jpg20210710_171910 (resized).jpg20210710_171910 (resized).jpg20210710_171916 (resized).jpg20210710_171916 (resized).jpg20210710_171917 (resized).jpg20210710_171917 (resized).jpg20210710_171921 (resized).jpg20210710_171921 (resized).jpg20210710_171924 (resized).jpg20210710_171924 (resized).jpg20210710_171931 (resized).jpg20210710_171931 (resized).jpg20210710_171955 (resized).jpg20210710_171955 (resized).jpg20210710_172000 (resized).jpg20210710_172000 (resized).jpg
#1593 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

Seeing this while waiting to go on the log ride, now I hope to convince the family to stop on the way home from Kings Dominion park this afternoon! Thanks MadMike!

Also, huge shout out to Maltese Brewing Company. Great venue, amazing pins, awesome beer (drinking one right now). Looking forward to making a trip back as soon as possible!

20210710_193907 (resized).jpg20210710_193907 (resized).jpg
#1594 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

I made it to Maltese to check out the new machine. Only had a chance to watch and play a few games, but it really passed the eye test. I would have liked to have stayed and played for hours, but the family was in tow after a long, hot day at Kings Dominion Park and I had a long drive ahead.
I own a STh LE, and chuckled to see the Alien parked next to one. The pins cannot be compared in any way, I don't think.
Long story short, I love the wide body of the Alien. Build quality appears great. Flippers are light and responsive.
A beautiful machine. I want one!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome Pictures......I think some mirrored blades are in my future ,would be my little tweak. I added them to GOT versus artwork and its very cool.

#1595 2 years ago

That Alien is beautiful! I cannot wait until they reveal the LV, what a kick ass pin

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

That Alien is beautiful! I cannot wait until they reveal the LV, what a kick ass pin

three more months. Yuck

#1597 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

FYI, I just noticed that the start game button is getting warm. Tested the voltage and it is 12V. The bulb that comes in the Alien button is 5V. Oops! Well, I'll order some 12V bulbs... just thought I'd mention it so others can avoid that mistake.

Let Bill know about the voltage!

#1598 2 years ago

I absolutely love how they did the speaker grills on the back box! They look like eggs.

#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Bill should know that before selling mods

#1600 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

I will. I confirmed that both the START GAME and LAUNCH BALL LEDs are 12V... so I will be ordering new green 12V LEDs for both.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 160.00
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,756 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.