IMG_20240223_165146 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240223_165144 (resized).jpg
IMG_20240223_121749 (resized).jpg
20240208_193224 (resized).jpg
20240208_193235 (resized).jpg
20240208_193256 (resized).jpg
20240208_193248 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 17,908 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 359.
#15601 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do those mini domes light spin like the mini beacons? or just light up/flash?

The mini domes light up/flash. What is cool is it is timed with the spinner rips (mini dome on the right flashes and synchs with the right spinner). The beacon in the far right back has a pulsating effect.

I think I’m going to get the flasher and mini-beacon kit.

#15602 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

OK thanks. I really like the lit art in LV. Helps with the lighting in the game. Would be a miss if you can retrofit that into the RV.....

Well, that was supposed to be a perk for the LV, but so are the beacons and we see that those can be retrofitted as well. Not sure what they might have done with RE. The box in the LV (and I think the SV), has a connection for the lit blades...

To be honest, I think the lit blades add a bit too much light. Mainly towards the player where the LEDs can be seen. But I happen to prefer dimmer playfields vs others who like everything bright.

#15603 4 months ago

Can't wait to see how they use the line "get away from her, you BITCH!"

#15604 4 months ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

The mini domes light up/flash. What is cool is it is timed with the spinner rips (mini dome on the right flashes and synchs with the right spinner). The beacon in the far right back has a pulsating effect.

Not sure if you were able to tell, but how frequent do they go off? This may sounds strange to people, but I dont want it flashing for most of the game when I play..

#15605 4 months ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

Confused The topper has beacons or not ?

#15606 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Confused The topper has beacons or not ?

The topper does not come with beacons. It is retrofitted to work with LV beacons if you have an LV.

What he/we are talking about is the new flasher set on the playfield (ramps, etc).

#15607 4 months ago

Can anyone tell me the dimensions of the cardboard box an Aliens pinball machine comes in? I can fit a Stern NIB in my SUV, but just barely. I would love to know the dimensions of a PB box (not including the pallet). Thanks.

#15608 4 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

The topper does not come with beacons. It is retrofitted to work with LV beacons if you have an LV.
What he/we are talking about is the new flasher set on the playfield (ramps, etc).

ok.I just saw the Hardy walking tour of expo and it showed the topper close up and it had two orange domes on the topper sitting on a table.

#15609 4 months ago

Can someone post a video of playfield new lights ?

#15610 4 months ago

Ok will try to post a video. Just talked to the software Engineer. There will be a lot of new video footage. Ripley is in there, almost each mode and attract mode. The flasher in the back is always on in attract mode and while playing a mode. The lower left flasher is on the spinner. The right side is coded for hypersleep etc. Some flasher still need to be coded.

16977604137915655819477711762778 (resized).jpg16977604137915655819477711762778 (resized).jpg
#15611 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

ok.I just saw the Hardy walking tour of expo and it showed the topper close up and it had two orange domes on the topper sitting on a table.

PB’s replied back to me and they will be selling the beacon lights again for the topper.

#15612 4 months ago

So are PB looking for another $149 for the topper beacons? They really should really include them with the expensive topper.

#15613 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

So are PB looking for another $149 for the topper beacons? They really should really include them with the expensive topper.

You would think they would include them with the price tag that’s on it. But unfortunately more money to be spent. I put a deposit down for the topper but still waiting on putting a deposit down on the game. I know it’s stupid but didn’t want to miss out on the topper.

#15614 4 months ago

Man I’m about to Drop my cash just need to see some videos thanks guys !

#15615 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man I’m about to Drop my cash just need to see some videos thanks guys !

That’s what I am waiting on.

#15616 4 months ago

No option to buy the side art blades? I want those for my SV.

#15617 4 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Ok will try to post a video. Just talked to the software Engineer. There will be a lot of new video footage. Ripley is in there, almost each mode and attract mode. The flasher in the back is always on in attract mode and while playing a mode. The lower left flasher is on the spinner. The right side is coded for hypersleep etc. Some flasher still need to be coded.
[quoted image]

so what are these flashers pictured. airlock? Did not see them in the price list below them

#15618 4 months ago

Is the mini beacon kit being discussed included with the RE version?

#15619 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Is the mini beacon kit being discussed included with the RE version?

It’s an add-on for all versions. Not included with the RE.

#15620 4 months ago

I'm an Alien Franchise fanboy. Anything Alien - I like.

I ultimately was hesitant and passed on the LV a long ways back while Pinball Brothers were just getting their legs under them but after seeing this New Ripley version offering I'm back in. I just purchased the playfield flasher kit, shaker, and paid the topper deposit. The interactive topper announcement with the promised new software enhancement package put me over the top.

I've tuned in to Pinside here and there over the years and read through the LV and SV owners trouble shooting this or that while being taken care of nicely by PB customer support. After seeing the high def pics shared today I'm confident the time has come for me to finally pull the trigger. I love the new contrasting "busy" artwork all over this Ripley edition.

Life is good.

I noticed Jonesy has merited a spot on one side of the backboard box, I wonder if Disney has hidden a certain "Mouse" for us on there somewhere?

Perfect quotes for the new Ripley software update:

“I Got You, You Son Of A Bitch.”

and of course how could they leave out this little doozy:

Alien 1979

Ellen Ripley October 8th, 2092 - August 27th, 2179

#15621 4 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I ultimately was hesitant and passed on the LV a long ways back while Pinball Brothers were just getting their legs under them but after seeing this New Ripley version offering I'm back in. I just purchased the playfield flasher kit, shaker, and paid the topper deposit. The interactive topper announcement with the promised new software enhancement package put me over the top.
I've tuned in to Pinside here and there over the years and read through the LV and SV owners trouble shooting this or that while being taken care of nicely by PB customer support. After seeing the high def pics shared today I'm confident the time has come for me to finally pull the trigger. I love the new contrasting "busy" artwork all over this Ripley edition.
Life is good.
I noticed Jonesy has merited a spot on one side of the backboard box, I wonder if Disney has hidden a certain "Mouse" for us on there somewhere?
Perfect quotes for the new Ripley software update:
“I Got You, You Son Of A Bitch.”
and of course how could they leave out this little doozy:

Alien 1979

I dont think you need the playfield fasher kit w/ ripley , it comes built in?

#15622 4 months ago

The flasher kit does NOT come with the ER edition.

#15623 4 months ago

I played Alien at a bar in Arizona and I want to have my wife try it first before I put a deposit down. I can’t remember the name of it and I can’t find it on google or pinside maps. Anyone I’m Arizona have an idea? Or if anyone near me can let her try it if you have one?

#15624 4 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I played Alien at a bar in Arizona and I want to have my wife try it first before I put a deposit down. I can’t remember the name of it and I can’t find it on google or pinside maps. Anyone I’m Arizona have an idea? Or if anyone near me can let her try it if you have one?

Electric Bat is the pinball mecca in that state, but per Pinmap they do not have it currently. Uncle Bear’s brewery in Gilbert says they have one. I’d call them to confirm if you’re traveling far.

I can’t wait to go to EB again in a few weeks when I go out to visit family.

#15625 4 months ago
Quoted from Yipykya:

I ultimately was hesitant and passed on the LV a long ways back

I wanted the game since the day Highway announced it as I’m a goober fan that can watch any of the movies over and over. So my journey is similar except I’m too cheap to buy any topper at that amount. I need to see the flashers in a video but likely will put on my buy list. I’ll also get beacons if they are reasonable or just retrofit my own.

#15626 4 months ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Love the topper...but I'm glad you don't look at it from the top when you're playing. It looks like an elephant, not an alien.

Glad i wasnt the only one

#15627 4 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Glad i wasnt the only one

Plus it appears that most of the cool details you see on the table- like the metal base with acid burns etc cant be seen when its up on top of your pin?

#15628 4 months ago
Quoted from cookpins:

Electric Bat is the pinball mecca in that state, but per Pinmap they do not have it currently. Uncle Bear’s brewery in Gilbert says they have one. I’d call them to confirm if you’re traveling far.
I can’t wait to go to EB again in a few weeks when I go out to visit family.

Ok awesome! Thanks brother! Really appreciate it. Last time I was at Uncle Bear’s Brewery they didn’t have it so I didn’t think they would ever get it. Was a bit ago though. EB is great but man such a sketchy area and bar lol. At least for my daughters and wife. I am from Cleveland and moved out here in 2011

#15629 4 months ago

I wouldn’t wait to see if the topper makes sense for your wallet. If you have the funds, pull the trigger, price will only go up….If you wait…300 is a low build……I finally got the Munsters topper.
I waited, and paid a premium.

#15630 4 months ago

man all these new pinball releases, anxiety/stress made me gain 2 lbs since yesterday, thanks a lot pinball.

#15631 4 months ago

Pinball Brothers posted video of the machine and topper on their Facebook

#15632 4 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

man all these new pinball releases, anxiety/stress made me gain 2 lbs since yesterday, thanks a lot pinball.

That’s nothing….it made me buy a pinball machine yesterday at Expo. Thanks a lot pinball. Dang hobby.

#15633 4 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

The Ripley edition cabinet is cool with the two sides.. Looks nice.
I could have sworn I saw a pic of the topper with the alien mouth open and tongue out. i thought that would have motion to it as well like the tail, but I guess not? Topper is nice!

It's there

Screenshot_20231020_064252_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231020_064252_Chrome (resized).jpg
#15634 4 months ago

So I bought an Alien machine during one of their first few runs. I sold it after a year because I consistently had issues with my particular game and I was tired of messing with it...I just wanted to play. The support was excellent, they helped me figure out almost everything. I miss playing it and I only sold it out of a year's worth of frustration, but I saw the Ripley version and I'm thinking about getting one again.

Can anyone who has bought a recent Alien machine in the past few months comment on their experience with any issues? I want to support the company but I also want a reliable machine for $8k. I'm hoping that a few people can confirm that PB worked out most of the issues at this point in time. Thanks

#15635 4 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

So I bought an Alien machine during one of their first few runs. I sold it after a year because I consistently had issues with my particular game and I was tired of messing with it...I just wanted to play. The support was excellent, they helped me figure out almost everything. I miss playing it and I only sold it out of a year's worth of frustration, but I saw the Ripley version and I'm thinking about getting one again.
Can anyone who has bought a recent Alien machine in the past few months comment on their experience with any issues? I want to support the company but I also want a reliable machine for $8k. I'm hoping that a few people can confirm that PB worked out most of the issues at this point in time. Thanks

I had problems at first like you, had to replace cabinet computers, a node board and changed some wiring harness to a new style.
Since then the game has played flawlessly and I added mods to it and no issues.

#15636 4 months ago

Love the look of the LV version but can't afford it. Anyone have diy plans to light up the side art?

#15637 4 months ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Love the look of the LV version but can't afford it. Anyone have diy plans to light up the side art?

To be honest my pinstadiums set to candle flicker in blue and the the UV flash that changes the color of my side blade artwork is a really cool effect.

#15638 4 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I got my LV a little over a month ago now. I have had minimal issues... Mainly just dialing in like any other pin..

I think more importantly to mention is that any issues that I did have, were remedied extremely quickly as PB has fantastic customer service! They have a warehouse stateside now so parts are quick to be sent..

I do not regret my purchase one bit! I love this machine.

#15639 4 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

It's there
[quoted image]

Ahhh, yes, that is it. Too bad that doesnt have motion to it.

#15640 4 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I got an LV on October 5th. It didn't have the apron cards...big deal. Shawn shipped them to me in 2 days. The upper right flipper was stripped and the spring damaged. Shawn shipped me a new flipper and springs in 2 days. Currently, I have one induction switch out on the bottom left side and they've already shipped me a new board.

Buy with confidence...this is a great company. I bought a Queen, loved it and loved the support, and because of it bought the Alien.

#15641 4 months ago

Side art blades and a knocker kit please!!

#15642 4 months ago

Red_Devils thoughts on adding RE edition to the poll?

#15643 4 months ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I bought my SV back in August and has a build date of 10/22, happy to report almost 200 games in and no issues.

#15644 4 months ago

I wonder if that $249 price for the Xenomorph mech is for the entire thing, or just the top shell and jaw. I'm tempted to get it if it's the whole thing.

#15645 4 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I wonder if that $249 price for the Xenomorph mech is for the entire thing, or just the top shell and jaw. I'm tempted to get it if it's the whole thing.

It’s just the shell. The complete assembly is $350.

https://pbusasales.com/spare-parts/alien/playfield-parts/toys/

#15646 4 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

jus the top and bottom

#15647 4 months ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

I bought my SV back in August and has a build date of 10/22, happy to report almost 200 games in and no issues.

Yeah I bought my SV around then too. 12/22 and only issue was flipper springs broke. Easily replaced them.

#15648 4 months ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Plus it appears that most of the cool details you see on the table- like the metal base with acid burns etc cant be seen when its up on top of your pin?

Exactly!

#15649 4 months ago
Quoted from mannclay:

only issue was flipper springs broke. Easily replaced them.

This. I've had numerous spring breaks, but they are super easy to replace on this game. I even replaced one through the coin door while my game was still going lol. I know all the reasons that I should not do that, so no lectures needed. But I was having a super game!

#15650 4 months ago

I've had a lot of spring breaks too. As others have said, no biggie. I'm going to replace all of mine so this doesn't happen again. Must be an issue with the ones they are using.

By the way, topper looks really good in that Facebook video. Glad I jumped in on it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
There are 17,908 posts in this topic. You are on page 313 of 359.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/313?hl=ballykiss1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.