100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,135 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zablon. You are on page 2 of 5.
#3039 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

I'm ALIE-IN!! On the LV! placed my pre-order with CoinTaker...
I absolutely LOVE the new artwork on the LV done by pinsider Aurich , it's beautiful and can't wait to see better high res pics.
In photoshop real quick a tried making the armor darker / black makes a huge difference and makes the art POP / look that much better. The armor should be black especially because it has a "custom cut xeno" head where the flipper buttons are. I also brightened the "backbox" art area & Inner Side Blades to make them look "Lit". I also swapped out the beacon render for the original beacon lights. I really hope they don't make an Alien [XV] and that the Alien LV is the top tier.. It is what it is, but I'm ALIE-IN on the LV!!
[quoted image]

I missed that the armor ends were cut like an alien head. That is cool.

#3043 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Is it confirmed an SV can purchase those items?
I spoke to my distributor and he's heard nothing on those options.

We don't know anything for certain yet, however initially they did state some things would be available for SV.

#3053 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

Thanks for the images. As a potential LV customer, posts like yours help us determine the best course of action by seeing what is possible in a HW Alien refurb versus paying ~$11,000 for a new LV.
The missing features and changes to the aesthetics are a big negative to this buyer.
More posts like yours on this thread are a great help to those trying to make the same decisions.
Please post more especially if you could include links to a video of how your playfield monitor is working.
Anyone who thinks the elimination of the PF monitor is insignificant doesn’t understand how helpful it is as it allows you to focus on the action instead of having to look up at the back box to get information. Hugely helpful to maintain flow!
Plus it just looks so rad!

There's a thread dedicated to that machine with plenty of it, no need for it here. No need to clutter up this thread with that stuff. If you want a HWY machine, go find one. It's only been known for a year that the asthetics were changed. No amount of smacking about the screens is going to change anything. Good luck.

#3058 2 years ago
Quoted from Freakyguy666:

If you’re sensitive to “clutter” you should stay off pinside.
Meanwhile for those who actually care about the differences, having them on this thread is ultra helpful & convenient.
More posts please!

Look, I am as big an advocate as any for 'off topic' posting and discussions that are off fringe and debates, but if you aren't going to actually contribute something useful, then either go to the generic Alien (remake) thread, or the Hwy thread. So far, all you are doing is trash talking. Everything you asked for is already known and posted in the other thread. It's not hard to figure out what the differences are. You don't care about the differences because you already stated it isn't for you, so you won't be an owner, right? The owners know what the differences are. Whichever you choose, awesome. I think everyone should own one version of this game!

If you are wondering why I'm responding like I am, the post you responded to wasn't being helpful, it was trying to rub peoples noses in it. We already know and anyone with actual interest in the game knows. If the screens are a big deal, no other options matter, and the OG is the way to go since it's the only one with them.

#3060 2 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Here's a real post for real owners, since mine is inbound. I know the screws and such are metric, but what about the leg bolts?
Are they standard threaded leg bolts? I only ask because I want to use the black ones I have on hand from Pinball Life.
Thanks!

16mm, not sure if threads are different between standard and metric.

#3061 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

No one cares. We get it - you’re jealous. That’s fine but keep it to the OG thread.
Seriously it’s embarrassing how some just can’t let it go. There are more aliens available period which is a good thing.
If you’re not an owner or have interest in this game or something helpful to say don’t post. Pretty simple.

I don't think he's jealous, just afraid his rare item will go down in price. That's what all the 'but look what I got that you don't have' is about. I don't think the nice OG's will go down, as the LV just wasn't as impressive as I think it could have been. I think the money should have been spent on...(toys) other things that were not things like invisiglass, shakers, etc. And Aurich, I'm not slamming your art, but that's only part of the package...for someone who's games are all in a line, I would never see it. They needed to add something to it make up for the loss of the screens to make it really stand out. At the end of the day though, I'm just glad to see they are pumping machines out, and maybe they'll have another machine after this.

#3063 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

What happens if they downplayed the XV thing to make sure LV sales are decent, that they actually will come out with one after the LV with playfield screen and bigger back box screen..

Haha, who knows, always a possibility. They did say there was no XV version when it first came up though.

#3077 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:I have that, but if I hit a flipper button, it *always* releases for me. This is an extremely rare occurrence on mine also. We were suspecting some type of interference, but due to the extremely intermittent nature of it, it is really hard to tell if the problem is fixed after making a change. I've repositioned the black RJ45 and it seemed to make it less likely to happen. The weird thing is that on mine, it never prevents the game from continuing because you can always hit the flipper to make it eject. Are you on 2.2D or later? I'm not sure why it wouldn't release with a flipper button on yours.

I have this issue occasionally too, and the flipper push seems to kick it back into gear. It's almost like it is purposely waiting for input sometimes - but it isn't consistent on any particular funtion/script.

#3090 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

He IS the customer suppport. There would most certainly be NO new alien without him. What have you contributed to the cause again?

And what exactly is he contributing now other than trolling? He's not here offering up help. He's not here offering up actual conversation or historical information. The only thing I'm aware of that he did was create an instruction manual. He's the one being disrespectful here trying to stir up drama. If he's got beef with PB take it up with them, not us.

#3127 2 years ago

The topper is 'on-off'. That's not that big of a deal to figure out how to make your own work - probably exactly how they implement it. I don't like the looks of the ones they chose anyway.

No interest in a shaker really.

Got my shipping notice for the motion tracker today!

#3129 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I realize the Pinball Brothers did a lot of things wrong with their LV announcement (not even a picture of the ACTUAL game?? sigh) but did they at least announce a SHIPPING date/quarter for the LVs? I assume it would be Q1 or Q2 2022 at this point? Any ideas?

My understanding is they stopped SV production to start making LV's so they could ship as soon as they started getting invoices. (This is how their FB posts read....but take it with a grain of salt). I would imagine they should start shipping soon.

I cancelled my LV order this morning. I'm happy with the SV, and it's been mostly trouble free. Game is a lot of fun. I don't think anyone will be disappointed in whichever version they get - including OG.

That being said, this game screams mods and eye candy. Bring them on.

#3140 2 years ago

I bought some 120v ones (not for this) off amazon that have zero motor noise. They make an amber version as well. There are multiple ways to make this work - even if the code/ power port is locked out via firmware. All we need to know is when they are turned on/off. Regardless of power requirements all you need is a 'activation' lead like on a car stereo amp that tells them to come on. Some ways to make it work will be prettier than others, but it's not like these are being moved around constantly.

When do the beacons actually activate on the HWY?

#3145 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

Beacons at HW-ALIEN are activated:
• Attract Mode (after 1 game is played - remaining software bug) and if setting "Amode Beacon" (ON)
• Sentry Guns
• Queens Nest
• All Out War

Not during power loader battle? Interesting

#3155 2 years ago

different article but:

In November, the store will be set up around Art and Design, and will showcase a line up of collaborative pieces including the work of Japanese designer Tokolo, a limited-edition bear from Steiff and a soon-to-be-released Queen pinball machine.\

Pics are hard to see, but it almost looks like a alien retheme? EDIT: different picture shows it is not a retheme.
queen (resized).JPGqueen (resized).JPG

This is sure to excite a lot of people.

#3159 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Well, if they used a computer designed pic for the LV reveal they're surely not above using one in that add. Interesting though! I'd say that almost confirms it. *edit that looks like an actual photo! How could they show this BEFORE alien LV.

This wasn't PB, this was in the Queen pop up store and news regarding it. It's sitting there. PB had no say in it I'm sure. THere are 2-3 photos of it out there, not all on the same articles. Probably a proto, but definitely the real deal.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
queen3 (resized).JPGqueen3 (resized).JPG

I think the cat is out of the bag. Pinside will be going nuts shortly. A lot of people been wanting a Queen pin.

#3162 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

It clearly says pinball brothers under the color display monitor. They own it and would definitely have a say when it would be revealed

The license owners make that call. The people doing the reveals were the license owners. They would have given the OK. Thus I doubt PB had any input..maybe they were made aware, maybe not. Who knows, they aren't the best at news.

#3164 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Huh? Who owns the license to make queen pinball machines? Oh yeah, pinball brothers.

That's not exactly how it works. Queen (and whoever owns them) owns the license. PB just own the rights to use the assets. Any use of assets or release of media with assets has to be cleared by those rights owners. Not the other way around. PB doesn't dictate what or when things can be shown is what I was saying. I doubt very much they had much say in if those photos were released. That is generally how it works. Not that in the end it matters much...this is pretty much a leak. I'm sure someone is not happy about the timing lol.

#3167 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Whats the word for when you have the rights to use the assets? Oh yeah, a LICENSE.

clearly not you
Shhhh , i'm getting a headache

The nuance of the topic has apparently went over your head. Go back to bed!

#3170 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

HAHA......I bet we know someone in London who can go take pictures for us...
Wanna make a POST? part time detective needed for 2 hours in London...

There's already a post for it. Someone posted some caps from a youtube video of the pf.

#3175 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I have zero comment on Queen. But I'll tell you this: it would be nice if you could just have this mythical LICENSE and then do whatever you wanted with it.
It doesn't work that way.
I think at least in this particular instance that we can assume I know more about the topic, when it comes to pinball, than a lot of people.

That's why the real winners just do it, and ask forgiveness later

#3179 2 years ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Did anyone receive other information after paying (Cointaker) about shipping?
All that was found was 7-10 days before its on the water…

Not if you don't bother them. After I paid in May I heard nothing until it was ready to ship - a week or so ago.

#3200 2 years ago
Quoted from driph:

Has anyone that's in the $1 interest list club been notified about preordering yet, or should we start reaching out to Cointaker directly?

I was, but I would have been pretty early on the list. They are automatically sending out invoices. I assume they aren't hitting everyone up though, probably only a certain allotment for now. I would reach out and ask to be sure.

#3206 2 years ago

So is it just me or is the scoring way higher on Aliens? I'm lucky to break 30m on Alien, but I'm consistently over 100m-300m on Aliens..

#3213 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

better stock up on rubbers for that post to right of target by xeno.. i see you replacing that one alot. Image 4.

There's a number of rubbers that should be kept on hand. I'm already seeing them getting torn up.

#3216 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

the one i mention... does the rubber chart state it is a rubber sleeve here? you have number listing of ones failing on your pin?

I haven't went through it yet. Someone posted the rubber sheet a few pages back. Mine has the same rubber there, not a sleeve.

#3229 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I put my deposit down Jan 1 and paid the full balance a couple days ago. Excited to finally have this in my basement! How long does it take once the container hits the water? Guessing a month or so?

Haha, oh you...

You are looking at probably 2 months before you see your game and that is...early. Still lots of shipping issues.

#3233 2 years ago

At some point is there a tracking number?

Not until fedex picks it up from CT and they reach out to you to schedule.

#3238 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Are we all talking about Q2 SV units?

Applies to all of em. But I forgot CT does send you an email letting you know it's on its way (from their location).

#3241 2 years ago

Also...all his small targets are green??

#3280 2 years ago

Question regarding hypersleep multiball

Every time I get it, it's after 2nd ball lock. Last night I got it twice in one game. First time it happened on 2nd ball lock, but the next time it locked 2 balls + a third before starting.

Is this normal?

#3286 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

When is Pinball Bros going to release actual pictures and/or video of the LV and what they've included? I received my invoice from Cointaker yesterday but I'm afraid Im not ready to commit until I see LV specifics and get more information on when these are being made, etc.

That's not how pinball works in 2021.

#3288 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Not good enough. I'm perfectly okay with waiting. My guess is I can still get an LV two months from now if they are making 1000 and I still want one.
I'm leaning more SV right now anyway given how few details they've provided around the LV.

Yeah, I don't think there's a need to rush for the LV's...although I'm not really clear if there are SV's to buy any time soon.

#3299 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

Contemplating one of these. What do those who own them think? I’d have to let go a fantastic game to fit it into the collection though

If you like Alien, it's great. The modes are fun, the multiballs are great. The theme integration is great. The shots don't feel clunky. Even though it's a widebody, it doesn't seem slow. It's a lot of game compared to many games. From a gameplay perspective I haven't found anything I don't like.

As for quality, mine has been mostly trouble free, and any coming out now should continue to improve. Yes, currently targets require a bit of adjustment, and the Xeno can have issues - although with latest code it isn't often.

I've stated my opinions on the SV vs LV vs OG so I won't go into that.

#3303 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Ok I'm being lazy.... Without reading thousands of posts can you just up the power on the flippers to give them a bit more Umphhh. Just setup the game yesturday and all was perfect except the flippers seemed limp. If you can bump the power can someone share their magic number please. Game is really fun though as was the original I had for a bit. And a big thumbs up to PB for a Really nice sound system in this game!

Yes, you can in the coil settings. I think most people had to lower the default power though. Are you on the latest code? If yours are weak...maybe there is another issue.

#3322 2 years ago

Have they stated if they are sending v3 out or do people need to reach out to get them?

Also, is anyone adding any mylar or anything around the magnet areas?

#3329 2 years ago

My xeno is getting more problematic here and there, but a reboot seems to usually fix it. Lately, occasionally it seems the mouth does not shut all the way and you can hear a gear trying to do something (not grinding, just the power to it). If I push it up a a bit, it stops. Other times, the mouth doesn't close, or one time the magnet didn't go back in. All of these things seem to resolve themselves after a reboot, but I fear it is just the beginning of more issues.

As for grabbing...it's probably 70% of the time, but I lowered my flipper settings because I was getting so many airballs. I also raised my magnet power by 15% (wills switch to 50%).

#3333 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Does the code still register it when the zeno misses the ball?

Yeah, it doesn't care if the xeno gets it or not. The switch registers the mode, and triggers the tongue, but otherwise it tracks what's in the ball trough to keep track of how many balls are in play.

It is kind of unfortunate because they could draw it out and make it much more dramatic, but the other balls launch pretty quickly so the tongue needs to go back in as fast as possible so it doesn't get hit by a ball.

There's quite a few times that even if the magnet misses the ball a soft hit will still stick it to the tongue before it goes back in though.

#3338 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Well, i assume after the 10th time it gets repetitive (like sparky mb on MET) and slows down the flow of game. can you tap both flippers to cancel the feature or have to watch it every time?

If you get it during some instances, it skips it - but I forget when (I think during turret multiball). Otherwise, there are no flipper push skippable scenes. As for itself, it is pretty quick, maybe 4-5 seconds.

#3347 2 years ago

I think something that needs pointed out too, is that there aren't 100's of these things out there. There are roughly 35-40. The majority of the people who have had major issues are people in the first 10-15. As I've stated multiple times, other than a few small things here and there that clear after a reboot, I've had mostly no issues overall. These should only improve over time.

Now....like the for sale ad where the person has it on route? I don't think I would trust one of these to do that any time soon as it would most likely take too much oversight to keep a paying customer happy.

For those who don't know me, and have no reason to put any stock in what I say, you should know I have no issues complaining about problems (see R&M thread). I don't tend to be loyal to anyone I think is screwing me out of my money. This game has been way less problematic than that game in the same time frame. I could complain about why this thing isn't perfected after all that time to perfect it, but I knew what I was getting into. So far, it is mostly exceeding my expectations. The things I knew were issues, are there, with fixes incoming. Otherwise, the only other issues are software bugs here or there that are being worked on. I don't think anyone should be worried about buying one.

EDIT: I might be off on total #'s as I don't know how many have shipped to other countries or in what order.

#3371 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Just noticed this thread:
Cato has excellent customer service and is helping me get a care package but I can tell you, this game has been nothing but a nightmare:
Keep in mind my game is on location.
Obviously we have the screen not turning on issue sometimes and you have to leave the game off for 20 seconds and reboot.
Some mystery sound crackling issue once every 50 or so times you turn the game on. Turn off, reboot, fixes itself.
Randomly during multiplayer (4 player games during tournaments or randomly every 50 or so games) game will not shoot ball out of the shooter lane and you have to restart the game. Real fun for tournaments)
Multiple targets don't register correctly
Left slingshot bracket broken in game multiple times where it is locked on all the way to the right
Upper left post coil bad. Caused 250v line to blow. Took us a bit to track this down. Reading 0.2 ohms. Coils 1-12 would be out in the main computer from middle fuse.
Game SHIPPED with 5amp min fuses. Game says they need to be 8amp mini fuses. 8amp minis are not easily found here. Was told by Cato that PB screwed up and they are supposed to be 10a so they SHIPPED all this with incorrect values and this was verified by him.
Game was blowing fuse and unplayable because of this mystery. We had to modify the middle fuse to a BIGGER 10a fuse to make it play correctly.
Magnet for Xenomorph tongue fell off (one side) onto the playfield (part of the magnet broke off but still works)
All of this happened BEFORE 100 plays but after 50 plays (per previous owner this had 50 plays on it WITH the CPU being replaced somewhere in the middle of the 50 plays)
The question is not "if" it is "when" you will have these issues and have to tinker.
One guy was saying how great this is on location yet he has to be in the cabinet every other day. Not sure how a brand new pin requiring that is "great" for location when the realization is any "warranty" does not cover having to have time/techs deal with all this.
Inexcusable in my opinion and i have had the notable location break down pins (Lebowski, Rick and Morty, TNA, and Pirates JJP)

Yea, even as good as mine has been, I can't imagine this being on location. It requires too many reboots, and has too many 'little' issues. Not even counting what you are seeing. Again though, it sounds like you have one of the very early games.

I will need to look at what fuses are in mine. I have not had any issues with blown fuses as of yet, but it would be nice if they would actually make this public knowledge rather than this whole 'gotta go thru Cato' thing they are doing. Shouldn't need to wait for bad shipping choices to go bad and then need to put a ticket in on something that obviously is going to be an issue if it is wrong.

That being said, I've still had to do way less to it out of the box than R&M, and what small issues I have had are mostly software. And this is in the 30's versus R&M that was halfway thru the run (448).

#3399 2 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I put a TINY bit of Super Lube Synthetic grease on my rails. No more noise and it's very easy to slide. Just a tiny bit in one spot and it evenly distributed on it's own. Don't put too much grease on or you will have issues with your playfield slipping back down from it's standing position.
One thing I don't like is having the alien tongue sticking back behind the backboard. When you put the playfield back in position you have to remember to push the tongue back by hand. Pushing the playfield back and banging the tongue on the back of the cabinet makes me nervous that I'm going to bend it.

Yeah, I've noticed this too. Really needed to add an inch to the back.

#3410 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I am getting an alien Se soon. Buying it from a friend and it has a build date of 4/12/21. He has had minor issues like the xenomorph doesn’t always grab the ball but nothing major. He also doesn’t play it much. I seen they have upgraded parts. Are they covered under warranty and what should all be looking out for?

You would probably need to reach out to Cato (support) and ask if 2nd owner is covered. There 'are' v3 narrow targets that are supposed to be getting shipped to owners - but those would probably go to the original owner? I don't know how they are doing it but I am sure they will provide them for you once they start shipping.

If he never updated the code, the latest 2.2D code (available on the PB forum) does a much better job (install the update and then raise the magnet strength to 50% or so).

#3412 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Ok, thanks I’ll reach out to Cato. It seems like people are having issues but it’s always hard to tell if that a lot or just a few. With it being most likely a very early build I was a little nervous

It probably is one of the first dozen or so? So it might be slightly problematic...hard to say. However they'd been pretty helpful in getting them running it sounds like.

#3417 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Where do you download the updated code? Can someone please share a link I can’t find it

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000828595-game-update-2-2d-beta

#3436 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

Happens on mine too. On location. It's obnoxious how often this happens.
Honestly I think that when people make posts about these games they see working at a show for a day or so and it "works fine" and they think a purchase can be made they really don't think about the rigorous testing involved that needs to happen to know this for sure.
People complain about Stern stuff but it never has shit like this happening.

Stern sells 1000's upon thousands a year for 30+ years? I would hope not. And yet, they still have issues. Let's be real here. PB's first machine, and there are less than 100 of these things out in the wild. Thinking location play is a good thing for it is pretty damn optimistic. We can argue what they 'should' have done, but you could also argue, that people with the money should know better.

I haven't really had many trough issues, but they are there occasionally. I think a solution would be to create a 'cliffy' style curved lip(with maybe a bit of rubber on the lane side), bump the trough power up, then if the ball bounces off the wall the lip should either prevent it from reentering or roll it back into the lane. I also wonder if a one way gate wouldn't resolve it, or if it would cause more issues.

#3453 2 years ago

n/m not worth the debate. Good luck with your machine.

#3455 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Are we only seeing the vocal few here with issues with PB Alien? Are there fully functioning working machines in the wild? Love to hear a positive experience to give hope to those waiting for their dream pin.

There are some, but what you are mostly hearing about is people who had to be at the front of the line and if they are operators, should know better on not only this machine, but in pinball in general. There aren't that many games out there, and you are going to hear about the ones with issues the most.

I'm sorry they are having issues, but mine has been pretty problem free. Is it stable enough for on location play? I don't think so, at least not yet. It's been fine for home play.

I find it hilarious that someone is going to throw out that 'Stern doesn't have these issues' when there is thread after thread with just that. Different issues, still issues, and downtime issues at that.

#3467 2 years ago
Quoted from DreamTR:

I run numerous Sterns, JJP, Spooky, and even Dutch machines along with all the other stuff I have.
The arcade I own is the largest in the South. Probably 3rd or 4th largest in the country and we put these through the ringer in tournaments as well.
I can tell you Stern games bang for the buck are better at holding up. Is their customer service great? No. Spooky and PB have way better service but just because you have great customer service does not mean your games hold up.
To say it is "my fault and I should know better" is asinine. People don't put a lot of plays on these in their house, so of course they aren't going to have issues.
I am not some random person regardless of thread after thread of game issues with some of these. People complain about coil stops and dimples on the pf when Spooky has opto madness in TNA on a daily basis even to this day in some places and fuse after fuse after fuse holder after wiring after coil after wtf else on Rick and Morty.
Not even going to get into how Pirates of the Carribean was by JJP and that game isn't made for a reason but you know, people still believe JJP for why it is not made when they knew 100% that game was a nightmare for everyone and is a house of cards.

All that experience and you don't know to not buy the first games off the line of an unproven company? Come on man. Even I know that. I was VERY hesitant to even buy the end of the first batch. I'm not trying to be a dick about it, I'm just stating the obvious. There's literally around 40 games in peoples hands. Surely you didn't think they were going to be problem free? I get what you are saying about Stern, but that was my original point. It should be expected because they've been selling 1000's of games a year for decades. Expecting that from what was already a problematic game from a new company is very optimistic. *edit: don't misunderstand, I too think companies really need to have better QA before letting these things into the wild. Some of the choices PB has made is baffling and can only be explained with cost cutting. The thing is, we already know that isn't happening because most games are selling out sight unseen within hours, and companies are finding they don't need to worry about it.

I've still had LESS problems with Alien than I had with R&M. *knocks on wood*.

#3469 2 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

This doesn't bode well for me since I have a Halloween on order, and it's my first Spooky.

Nah, R&M is solid once the code was worked out and a few...not minor adjustments to the orbits were made. Hopefully they've been learning. I love the game. If Alien hadn't come out just before, I would have bought HWN or ULT.

#3483 2 years ago

I'm for if you own the game (or owned) you can speak your mind positive or negative. You aren't doing it in a vacuum. We all know this game is problematic to begin with.

DreamTR I don't thnk anyone is glossing over the issues. We are all very aware of them..mostly prior to getting our games. I've been trying to balance the negativity in that I have one of the latest games and am not having many of the issues others are. To me, this points to things improving on the builds - or maybe I just got lucky. Hard to tell because only a handful of people are posting. I think we all know it is still far from perfect but PB do appear to be trying to fix things.

#3495 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I know of games just delivered in the past week that are having issues out of the box and need replacement parts. Cato is providing them, sure, but it's not just 'early adopters'. The biggest issues on this game still have no 100% solutions either (games crashing and locking up, xeno not grabbing ball reliably, etc). You can't just shut down discussion because there's no solution to something yet...

I'd say we're all still early adopters.

#3500 2 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

So do we have people with a confirmed working game that doesn't need restarted every now and again and is doing what is supposed to do for long periods of time? I was under the impression we did but I dont see a whole bunch speaking up.

I played mine problem free for hours upon hours for a 3-4 days after I got it. Then on the 5th day, it locked up 3-4 times within 20 minutes. And since then, it's 95% been fine, with occasional glitches that require reboots, and a few balls stuck in odd places. The most problematic thing has been the Xeno mouth/tongue randomly deciding not to set itself on boot up (which requires a reboot) or not working properly during a game.

Supposedly, many of the glitches may be related to interference, and I haven't moved cables around yet, but it hasn't been bad enough to take the time yet.

#3533 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Anyone watch the tv show called , movies that made us ???
I watched Alien's one last night...very interesting....let me know your thoughts after watching. I found 3 nuggets that I had no idea about.
A few others you might like.
Halloween
Back to the future
Ghostbusters
Die hard
Jurassic park
and finally Coming to America was good. The original title will make you laugh.
https://www.netflix.com/watch/81253985?trackId=14277283&tctx=-97%2C-97%2C%2C%2C%2C

If you haven't seen it, Eli Roth's History of Horror is a pretty good one too. It's on its 3rd season.

#3540 2 years ago

I still haven't seen any v3's. Are people just getting them in the mail, or are people opening tickets to get them?

I wonder if they've done any code updates, since really that seems to be the bulk of the issues many people are having.

#3541 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

They haven't even shown a working LV in any video or pictures and you're wondering when they ship?!

Well to be fair, they barely showed any SV working videos or pictures...

#3562 2 years ago

Anyone thought about one of those holo fan topper things for this? Backbox is low enough I'm considering it, but honestly haven't seen many people claim to have them. (the ones with the spinner LED that you can program with animations).

#3565 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Send a link or picture what you are talking about please. Thanks!

Someone sells them on here, but there are youtube videos for default animations for some games on youtube.

#3597 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

Hi all,
So I have been pretty much in the same camp as brado426 and we have exchanged DM's a few times on simular issues.
To help anyone else here, here is the full documented set of issues i've had with the machine. Bare in mind this was like Machine Number 6 so I refer it to as a prototype (yes i'm the guy from the Video stream Gonzo interviewed).
So here goes:
Issues hit:
- Chipped Playfield/Pooling Playfield.
Chipped Playfield:
This issue was caused by a post being too short and coming loose in shooting of a demonstration for the film which I wasn't part of. The damage from the post coming loose below the top right flipper can be seen below.
[quoted image]
Picture of the old and new post can also be seen attached.
[quoted image]
Pooling Playfield:
Had various area's with pooling. This seems to be down to the playfield not having what I would call cuts where posts and the like would pressure down into the playfield. Stern and other pinball machines I have do not do place playfield art work underneath these area's normally so the issue is avoided.
The machine was on demonstration at a Pinball Festival in the UK but when I arrived was already having issues. It unfortunately spent most of its time under maintenance. This coupled with the chip and pooling my distributor negotiated a playfield replacement as long as I was willing to fit it, the issues present would be supported by Pinball Brothers and resolved and so far so good they have stuck to their word and sent the replacement playfield and I have been sent many different parts for the various issues exhibited.
Note to existing owners:
The chipping on your playfield is a very real issue and one you shouldn't sit on. Ask Cato for the replacement post and fit it ASAP before it becomes loose and you end up with a crater in your playfield.
Flipper bats:
The original flipper bats had a manufacturing problem. I noticed when I got back the top right flipper was cracked and squeaking when being moved. I released the flipper from the flipper mech and the bat and rod came out seperately... see picture.
[quoted image]
Replacement bats were supplied for all four flippers which use the new designed flipper bat (these feature a PB logo on the top)
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Note to existing owners:
If any of the other early adopters still have the original flipper bats I would suggest raising a ticket to Cato to replace them.
Flipper Bushing:
This one was a royal PITA. All the bushings required sanding as they were rough and caused the flipper bat to sluggishly come back down or get stuck half way. EVERY flipper bat had this issue.
[quoted image]
To resolve the issue you need to remove the flipper mech from the playfield and sand down both ends of the bushing. Hurry up pinball has covered this on his YouTube channel and I recommend watching that for guidance.
LED's not working in the back box:
This issue can come in two conditions.
1. The lights on one side of the frame don't light at all.
2. The lights go pink and stay pink when they should be lit white.
This is being caused by a short in the PC case behind the back box.
You need to open the back box and remove the PC case from the mount.
Inside the machine you will find small LED PCBs mounted to the edges of the case. The short is being caused by solder protruding too close to the case. When the box is pushed back inside the mount the case compresses slightly and the solder touches the case causing the short.
Example of the non lit LED's.
[quoted image]
You need to get Electrical tape and position it infront of the solder points to stop them shorting like so:
[quoted image]
Note to existing owners:
Check your back box you may not even have noticed one side of the lights are out. This needs attention as god knows what its doing to the PC inside with a short going on like that.
Chaffed and exposed wiring:
My Ethernet cable running to the back box was cable tied it seems too short with not enough slack. As a result when the back box was recessed the cable would pinch and wear down.
See below.
[quoted image]
I had to run a new CAT5e cable back to the screen. Where possible you need to get triple shielded cables. This machine suffers A LOT from EM issues (more on this later).
Targets:
The targets are a problem for me and I'm still waiting on what is reffered to as Generation 3 targets to resolve my issue.
The machine has Gen 1's when I got it and over UK Pinball Festival the machine got hammered on use and the results of the target (see the one on the top) can be seen here. The new Targets Gen 2 have an improved design but still suffer from getting stuck. Generation 3 will hopefully resolve this.
[quoted image]
Note to existing owners:
Push for replacement to Generation 3 'skinny targets' and Gen 2 'Xeno' Targets. Your game (if not already) will need these!
Loose coils:
I believe a few already picked up on this...
Various coils are loose to the touch and can turn quite easily causing a potential issue with snagged wiring later on down the line. I ended up zip tieing all affected coils to stop this from happening.
[quoted image]
Note to existing owners:
Check your coils and if they are loose get them tied down!
APC drop targets ('C' or other targets not responding):
You may have an issue where the drop targets don't respond when being hit. It might be a specific letter like it was for me (C) or all of them. Whilst the issue can be mechanical mine was being caused by 'EM' issues. Go to my section on EM for the various re-wiring I needed to perform to stop this.
[quoted image]
Xenomorph Head:
So my Xenomorph wasn't a happy bunny when I got him back.
Two issues were being exhibited.
1. The alien tongue was never reseating properly and was getting stuck inside the head. Often I would hear the tongue rod bash against the back wood as it was going too far back.
Turns out my tongue switch isn't lined up right...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
I'm being sent a replacement switch but its going to need soldering to sort.
Note to existing owners:
If you have alignment issues with your tongue. Check your switch. It may need replacing.
2. The Xenomorph Jaw kept making a buzzing noise sometimes when closing. This is being caused by the 'servo' underneath needing tweaking.
Its a real sod to get the mech out.
[quoted image]
Its pretty much an adjust and see what happens job. Real PITA....
Ramp not registering:
So my ramp stopped registering shots (yay another issue!).
Thankfully it was an easy fix. The opto had become loose and mis-aligned to the hole.
[quoted image]
I just had to re-adjust it and screw it down. Job done!
Plastics on too tight:
So my balls would keep getting caught in the Hypersleep pod (insert joke here).
The solution was actually quite simple. The plastics were just screwed on too tight. You may need to check this on yours so be sure to inspect its not on too tight.
[quoted image]
THE BIG ISSUES:
This one is the big one. So the machine was out of action during the UK show for A LOT of the weekend. It was down to two issues.
1. Ball Trough Issue:
The ball trough needs adjusting, otherwise balls can get caught inside the trough and not eject correctly.
The screws need to be adjusted to the lowest point. Again Hurry up Pinball has a video on this that saves me a write up. Check it out.
[quoted image]
The ball should rest like so once its been adjusted.
[quoted image]
2. EM ISSUES:
This is the big one. Its still not 100% for me. The issues were much worse at the start to the point where I was pretty much every other game hard resetting the machine as it would lock up. It seems to happen with the POP bumpers being used a lot as at first I saying to Cato it seemed to happen when I was in Ambush multiball along with Sentry Gun Multiball. I thought maybe it was a code error that couldn't handle the two multiballs at once as when I hit a ball into the Airlock or MUTHUR lock the ball would stay in there not eject and when ball search occured after draining all balls the machine continued to not respond and get stuck.
Other things also stopped working such as 3/4 of the targets on the playfield.
This issue would continue into a new game. The only solution was a hard reset.
We tried several revisions of code to resolve the issue WELL BEYOND 2.2D but no luck.
Finally the issue was indentified. Electrical interferance...
Basically the EM interferance from the coils was causing the machine to get 'bodged' and the only solution (which effectively discharged the EM) was to power cycle the machine.
To resolve the issue Cato guided me to re-wire and mount cables as far from the coils as I could. I used self adhesive cable tie mounts through the playfield and began re-wiring everything.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Unfortunately i'm missing a picture and can't source it but a major one is at the bottom of the playfield where a green cable hovers right over the coil. You need to tie this one away as well.
This stopped my issue with the machine hard locking. I sitll however get the same issue as brado426 where the machine still 'swallows' balls into the air lock or MUTHUR. Using the flippers releases the ball however where before the flippers had no effect. It could be a coding issue but also still could be an EM issue.
This isn't all the issues but I've hit but i'm worried that Pinside is going to loose everything I've written so I'll stop here. I find it SUPER dissapointing that we are not being offered toppers for our machines. Making it exclusive leaves existing owners who spent their time and effort fixing all these issues feel like a kick in the face. We've effectively been BETA (arguably ALPHA) testers for Pinball Brothers and whilst they have had great customer service from Cato I find supplying a machine in this state to an average user would not float.
I hope everyone who gets a new machine has none of the issues i've had and if you do, speak to me I basically feel like I can work on the production line with the knowledge I have on this pin now.

Thanks for that detailed write up.

I can say that by the time I got mine, most of these things appear to have been addressed.

One thing that I don't think was is the short post. I bought something to replace it with, but ended up just putting locktite on it for the near term. So far, seems to be working well (but I really don't know if the post is longer or shorter tbh..it 'seems' short, but it does grab fine).

I have seen the xeno noise issue on mine, and that doesn't sound like a fun time. My only real concern though was that it won't burn the motor out?

Otherwise, haven't seen any pooling, no flipper issues or trough issues (aside from the oddball bounceback stuck thing that most are seeing). I had went through the entire machine prior to powering it on and checked screws, nuts, posts, etc for for missing parts/tightness (because there were 3 screws rolling around in my box). Indeed there were a few that needed tightened, but I figured it was pretty good for the amount it traveled.

As for the xeno tongue and the switch, unless they redesign that switch, it seems like something that will continually be a problem. It really is a shoddy design that I don't think they changed from the original..

#3603 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

2.2D. Had the same problem on 2.1 and 2.2 as well. Game will get hung up, but if I open the menu, all switches are reading correctly and coils work in coil test. Used to happen a lot before I got the new boards, now it only happens with the muther scoop. Ball will sit in scoop and not kick out. Registers in switch test. I kick it out using coil test, then resume the game and put the ball back in the scoop. Game still doesn't react. Like something in the code has gotten stuck

Is this different than the not kicking out until a flipper press?

#3618 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I might have missed something while searching the forums, but is there a built in or mod way to add an external sub to PB's Alien?

Easiest way is to just wire it to the sub connectors, same with other games.

#3620 2 years ago

So I have to ask...if you were sold a known prototype/demo did you at least get a discount? Seems like a strange scenario to 'screw up'. Did they put it in a box and mix it in with the actual new games?

#3624 2 years ago
Quoted from s000m:

So this machine was sold as a 'used' machine with less than 50 plays and dialed in with outstanding issues resolved.
A reduced price was offered based on the person collecting it after the show. A further discount was agreed once the playfield issue was discovered during the show.
In hind sight buying new would have been far less stressful and less time consuming with none of the issues I'm still experiencing today.

The unfortunate side of this (beside your experience) is that more people are going to see your story/video than see what the underlying reason is. While it doesn't sound like your experience is exclusive at all, I think short term at a minimum is that people are leary of this game.

#3625 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Thank you for the response. Outside of Alien I only own Stern tables, which I've hooked up using pinwoofers. Is it the same method here when you say "same with other games". Sorry for the newbie question.

The way I've added subs to all my games is to just attach the wires to the actual sub speaker connectors. It is the easiest / reversable way and doesn't impact anything since external subs are powered. I have not had any experience with pinwoofers, so I cannot speak to that.

#3627 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Are you using subs like Polk Audio PSW10's?

Yeah that exactly. Great for the price when you can get them on sale - 2 games per sub.

#3631 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

I'm definately getting old. I personally thought this game had a great sound package and more then enough base. Base almost eliminates any need for a shaker.

I had planned on putting one on it, but I agree, doesn't need it. The bass on it shakes the thing so much it feels like it has a shaker in it.

#3653 2 years ago

So wait...I've been on D all this time, you're telling me people complaining about trough issues aren't on D? is this really true? I've repeatedly said I barely have any trough issues.

#3663 2 years ago

I finally got my first ticket worthy issue, so throwing this out to see if anyone else has seen this. My xeno magnet is sinking below the pf. You can adjust it, but it's almost like the threads barely make contact with the shaft. When I try to line it up with the pf it rocks back and forth and one side is either too high or too low. If I try to tighten the nut in place, it just keeps pulling the bolt lower. Opened a ticket and will see what they say. Seems to me it will require replacing the whole mech since it is welded to the magnet part.

#3683 2 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Well, miscellaneous is ok as long it’s relevant to topic. And my question is in my opinion.

I think you could have googled in the time of the back and forth, but no one knows. Last I read, it's off, and there's a tv series coming instead.

#3696 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

My beacons arrived today. I had to hook them up just to see how they look and to me, they look perfect. Not too bright... not too dim.
I tested the power consumption and both on together take about 400 - 500 mA. So pretty low power draw.
I'm not currently planning on actually connecting these to the game any time soon, but I am devising a plan to move in that direction for the future. I love the look of these things though... this is the style I was after. Just seeing the beacons sitting on top of the game makes it look complete, even if turned off.

Which ones are these?

#3702 2 years ago

Okay, I've been hunting for the answer to this. Recently I got tilt warnings, and I swear it sounds like Nedry's 'ah ah ah' from Jurassic park. I thought that can't be right, and I seem to recall Burke may have said something similar when they they were discussing nuking from orbit, but that isn't it. Is this really Nedry or am I just forgetting a quote?

#3706 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

First, I'd recommend that you update to 2.2D: https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000828595-game-update-2-2d-beta
Second, the problem with the magnet not grabbing the ball is likely because the ball is hopping over the magnet when hitting the target. I'd recommend opening a ticket with PB to have this addressed.

What can support do about the ball hopping over when it hits the target? That just seems like a normal physics issue. Same as franks shot on MB. I think the solution is to just up the magnet power (and of course the timing in the code). And if you purposely make that shot, hit it softly.

One thing people should check, which I just noticed while fiddling with my xeno magnet is, the one in front of my xeno is ground flat, but the one for the chestburster is peaked with a point in the center (probably 1-2mm higher). I'm not sure that this is actually an issue, but my thought is they should both be smooth and probably causes the ball to jump. Others may have something similar on their Xeno magnet if the forming is inconsistent.

#3710 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Are people so impatient that they go for ads like this?
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/123331

Given the state of pinball...probably.

#3719 2 years ago

So, just throwing this out there because I've not seen it mentioned.

I've been working with Cato regarding my Xeno magnet, and he's sending out a care packet, but in addition to that he asked for my report logs. From this he found that the firmware for I/O was on an old version .55 vs .56 and apparently in this newer one has some fixes to the timings on the flippers. Fixing knockdowns, random holds, etc. I had seen a few of these, but figured they'd be adjusted in later software updates. If you are in the early shipments and haven't updated your firmware I would suggest it.

#3722 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Mine is .55 I looked today. How do I upgrade it?

I'd reach out to Cato and he will provide the file. I don't think you can get it from the forum directly.

#3738 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

My beacons take about 200 - 300 mA of power each for a total of 600 mA. If it is determined it is safe, 12V could definitely be taken from the game, but I made it so you could use an external power supply just in case.
As for a trigger for the game, you're right... there is no perfect trigger available. If new firmware is released that supports the beacons, it would be awesome to use that trigger. But I've been thinking about it and I really think that using the ball shooter-lane switch would be a fantastic trigger. In fact, I might be happier with this solution than any other triggers anyone comes up with. In my mind, it sounds pretty good... we'll have to see how it works in reality.
The 555 timer is only used for the purpose of switching my beacons into "rotate" mode on power-up. I do not currently have a good solution for detecting Self Destruct, Loader Battle, or all out war.... I'm hoping for a future firmware update to resolve that one. In the meantime, my focus is on the shooter-lane switch.
Also, added another protection diode for "FROM GAME" ground:
[quoted image]

Curious what your thought behind the ball shooter-lane switch as a trigger? What about limiting it to multiballs if nothing else via the trough, rather than either completely on or off?

#3743 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The motion detector mod from Vimtoman is triggered by the shooter lane switch.

Quoted from brado426:

When a multi-ball starts, a ball goes into the shooter lane for a period of time, which would trigger the beacons, which I think would be a great effect. Then each additional multi-ball would trigger the beacons momentarily (haven't made up my mind whether this effect would be good or bad yet... probably neutral on that one). Also, when you start a game, the beacons would go on until you shoot your ball (I think that effect would be good.)
Using the shooter switch, the beacons would actually indicate that there is a ball ready to launch. It is the easiest solution for now unless someone comes up with an intricate way to detect certain modes in the game (I think such a thing would be pretty hacky.) That would be beyond my capability for now, which is why I hope it will be added to the firmware for us to use as a trigger in the future so we don't have to resort to hacky additional passthroughs and additional circuitry.

That's what I thought your intent was. As an alternative path, I was thinking of possibly using the trough switches, rather than the shooter lane switch - so that it only activates while more than 1 ball is on the pf would feel more integrated. I don't know what exactly tracks the trough, optos or switches, but there may be something that needs to be done to detect if all balls are in the trough as well (so it doesn't go on every time a ball drains - or when last ball drains).

I really haven't given this much thought yet, just been enjoying playing...lol

EDIT: another thing...if you wanted it triggered just by modes, couldn't you use leads to the specific LED's power line for that mode for a signal? I know that may require a bit more electrical knowledge and a bit more installation savvy, but seems like a straight forward answer to the issue.

#3745 2 years ago

What we don't know yet is how they plan to implement theirs. It may be we can just hook them up directly.

While I know PB are doing what they can, it does seem like a slap in the face that they basically screwed the early buyers with the LV attitude given what they said in the original interview.

#3751 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

would love to see the game with the pinstadium lights on please

Here you go.

#3793 2 years ago
Quoted from Initiative:

from Melissa @ C/T yesterday afternoon:
'lv’s are starting to be built in december and will start shipping in January'

so, set your expectations for shipping in Feb lol.

#3803 2 years ago

I recall someone earlier showing that V3 narrow targets did not have the cables/connectors for the led, unlike the v1/v2.

#3810 2 years ago

Wonder if it was a woops miss, or if they decided to change it to an LV only feature.

#3836 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I’m trying to update my firmware and it keeps coming back with an unknown update error. Does anyone know what size the file was? The one Cato sent me was 96kb and when I put it to the root of my usb it keeps erroring out

which file are you trying to update. There is a different method required depending on which one you are doing.

#3838 2 years ago

Blew a fuse last night for no apparent reason on boot - entire right side went out. What is interesting is the sticker says 8A, and I swear the fuses say 15A (need to magnify to verify).

#3851 2 years ago

I believe almost everything on here is star/torq bits.

#3858 2 years ago

So the instructions are a bit confusing. Is anyone else reading it as you need to be on 2.2, NOT 2.2D (etc) before installing 2.3?

#3862 2 years ago

Not the magic bullet update. Xeno magnet is grabbing the ball, but in some cases it lets it go long before the tongue comes out.

#3865 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The way it works is that it gives an initial strong pulse to try to grab the ball, then it goes to a lower power hold pattern to keep the ball there until the tongue grabs it. Is the ball stopping on the magnet, then falling? If so then the hold power is too low, I think there might be a menu option for that?

I need to play some more games to really tell. 3 games, 3 different results. - first time, didn't even attempt to grab - and xeno didn't open, 2nd time grabbed it fine, 3rd time it definitely grabbed the ball full stop, but then let it go before the tongue came out.

#3867 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I have a question for the early adopters, not sure if it's been addressed before. How do those beautifully polished ramps hold up after a few hundred games? Do they begin the get scratched/dinged or tarnished? They are soooo shiny it seems they would show up any little imperfections. I love the look of them but I did think that they are going to get annihilated by the ball pretty quickly?

Do they get ball trails? yes. No avoiding that. You can wax them and buff them, but it is only going to last for so long. From a players perspective, it isn't that noticable unless you take the glass off and are looking directly at them. You would cut some vinyl to go over them though.

#3871 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

My game has been playing perfectly since making coil adjustments on 2.2G. I don’t think I’m gonna update yet. Give us some game play features like added sound effects or movie clips, then I’ll update. Anybody else think we should be able to change the upper L & V lit lanes?

This seemed odd to me too, but maybe they thought it was too powerful considering it's only 2 lanes and gives full on multipilers. I regularly get them quite high as is..

#3873 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Went back to 2.2d and playing reliable again. 2.3 really threw my game. I sent PB my log.
One thing that bothers me that that when I am in eggs nest mode for both Alien or Aliens it does not stop the orbit shot and drop ball into the pop bumpers….I hit orbit shots to complete the mode but blow right past the pops. Other times diverted out orbits into pops..Frustrating.

You know that it doesn't always do that right? They are popping up for me, but I will check if they do it in those modes.

Also, your issue with the trough is likely that you need to adjust the power as it is probably going too hard and bouncing it partially. Mine was doing this as well after the update, just need to bring the power down.

#3877 2 years ago

2.3 just came out today man, give it some time. Don't get worked up about it yet, you don't even have your game.

#3895 2 years ago

So I did some testing in 2.3

On mine, the popups are working as intended as far as I can tell.

In Derelict ship they come up on the blue lit orbits - not the green (which just adds time)

In Queens Nest they are coming up on orbits

I did see once in Queens nest that they didn't come up until after the ball had went around though.

#3898 2 years ago

Can someone who's upgraded to v3 switches confirm that you just plug these in on the sides they go on..or if I was supposed to get different cables?

1111211114 (resized).jpg1111211114 (resized).jpg
#3933 2 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

I thought that is what happened in customs...
[quoted image]

That's the ballroom from the beginning scene in Ghostship. Dun dun duuuunnn.

#3974 2 years ago

I haven't seen it for some time, but is there a part of Ambush that if you don't do something in a certain amount of time the flippers die? Mine had done this in the past, but it may have been a bug in an old version of code because I haven't seen it lately.

#3977 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

is this like getting booed off the stage during a song in JJ GNR? i hated that and was one of the reasons i didnt get that machine.

I don't know as I haven't played GNR, but I thought it was due to them 'cutting the power'.

#3983 2 years ago

2.4 seems to have fixed the issues I had with the Xeno. Played a bunch of games yesterday with no issues that I noticed.

#3987 2 years ago
Quoted from Redferne:

Is there anyway to avoid doing factory reset when upgrading? I have a lot of fine-tunings I'd like to keep. I wish there was a save/restore settings menu

You don't HAVE to do a factory reset, however, if you are talking about fine tuning coil power, that is why they want you to reset it. Those numbers change with the new version and will no longer be optimal in many cases. I had this discussion with Cato on 2.3.

I didn't do a reset on 2.3 and had to change settings because of the new coil settings. In 2.4 I did a factory reset and so far have not needed to change any coil settings. Remains to be seen if any tweeking needs done.

The most painful for me was losing the high scores.

#4009 2 years ago

I'm kind of hoping pingraffix makes some nice powerbladez for it.

#4022 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Lol..Never seen this commercial before..

LOL. I remember this commercial. They had a bunch like this for various popular movies.

#4035 2 years ago

So...here's how my day went...

The correct cables for v3 targets came in, so I set about to install them. Did not go so great at first.

The old targets and the new targets mounting bracket are not shaped the same. The new ones are not 90 degree, they are angled up at about 85 and have longer lips. This caused the targets by the reverse ramp to be pushed against the front of the holes so they were always activated. I think they did this trying to angle the targets slightly down toward the pf so that the back plate would be less likely to bend (and they do indeed bend...all of my originals are bent pretty far).

I ended up having to swap the new brackets with the old brackets for that ramp. There were other minor issues with the new targets that prevented me from installing them so I only did the airlock and reverse ramp targets..which, honestly is fine. Those are the ones that get the most action. The new backplates seem to be slightly thicker than the old ones, so we'll see if they bend over time --- but really...this target design is just not a good design to hold up to repeated impacts. They need to move away from it if they make future games.

So then I turn it on to test and everything works except the LCD. I fudge with all the cables and try again. This time I'm watching the LCD. It does indeed come on, until the PC posts, and then nothing. So I spent another 10 minutes tracing and figiting with cables until it finally comes on, but when it comes on, the right half of the game doesn't work (but not the same as if a fuse blew). Checked fuses all good. Booted another 3-4 times with same result. Figit with cables again, and finally right side comes on, but LCD doesn't come on again. SMH. I get into this alternating issue of if the monitor works, the right side is out and vice versa....and then...for no apparent reason everything starts working. I turned it on and off a few more times, and played a few games with no further issues, so I seal it up and put it back in place (slowly as to not shake any cables). Played for another hour with no issues.

I know this is going to be an issue later....I'm just not sure why.

#4037 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Woukd you mind showing a picture of the correct V3 wire cables. I have the new V3 targets as well but just want to make sure I got the correct cables. Doesn’t sound very promising. They should redesign these targets with leaf switches. Thanks!

If you have a single big connector on one end and the other end has a 2 prong and 5(?) prong connector you have the correct ones. It's easy to spot because the separate connectors do not fit in the new targets.

The original have the 2 and 5 on both ends.

#4046 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I don’t consider this game to be “brutal” , I find it super smooth with great flow. The shots aren’t narrow like say Houdini.
The right reverso ramp can be hit with 3 flippers so staging would give you a fourth option if it was staged , the scoop can be hit with 3 flippers. The loops can even be backhanded. The Muthur hole is pretty easy off the tip of the lower right flipper.
The hypersleep ramp is difficult but it’s pretty much the same shot as my STTNG upper left ramp shot. After all it is a lock and I’m glad it’s difficult. I don’t think adjusting the upper right flipper anything other than directly in line with the post would be the way to go. That has the possibility of putting the post in play when it shouldn’t be.
The chestburster shot from the upper left flipper is also fairly difficult but also very rewarding.
The right outlane has an adjustable star post so you can make it more likely that it will come back through the gate to the inlane if adjusted.
My scoop always fires to the left flipper so I have no issue in that at all.
I did have to move my right loop ball guide out so that the ball would deliver to the right flipper as out of the box it would hit the right sling and ruin the flow.
For me the biggest part of this game is the theme and music integration especially when you're in a mode and running out of time, Combat Drop (and others) really gets the blood flowing.
To be accurate the “Shotgun” gives you 2 xeno hits, so you can start Ambush with 2 hits remaining while you’re draining. All of the weapons are important and it is key to know when to use each
[quoted image]

I was thinking the same thing. I just thought I was beaten down by R&M so biased. I find this game to not be difficult, and the shots fairly easy to make. I don't have issues with the airlock, they all return to the exact same spot reliably.

One strategy I've found is to save the shotgun for when you are about to lose a ball, the mode will start even if the ball drains (assuming you are down to 2 shots or less).

The most difficult shots to make are the hypersleep ramp, and the far right vent (which is really the most difficult shot to make on purpose).

#4047 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

She’ll do this and not a few callouts!! ?? Wtf

That was 20 years ago...this probably was never even brought to her attention.

#4049 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

can someone explain the locking in weapon and selecting it.. say i have all 5 weapons.. how do i select shotgun and activate?

the one flashing will change with each flipper hit, and you activate it by pushing the launch button. It cycles to the right, not back and forth. Takes some practice for sure. Note that if a ball is launching from anywhere (airlock/trough/mthr) it will not activate and you need to keep hitting it.

#4051 2 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Thanks for posting what the individual weapons do. Besides the shotgun it looks like the flamethrower would save a draining ball as well and also the smartgun would give you an extra ball (good if extra ball was lit and you were draining on your last ball). Pretty cool
Are you able to activate multiple weapons as the ball drains by alternating flipper and launch button presses?

You can activate multiple at the same time yes. (one after another)

#4064 2 years ago

I doubt they changed any licenses (additional content).

#4068 2 years ago

It's not JJPOTC, but it's not a pre 2000 pin either.

#4070 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's got a lot of content, sure, but besides stacking a mode and a multiball and some 2x scoring, there's not much strategy or anything crazy going on.

I disagree in one area, and that is the 'positive/negative' choice shots which most games do not have. Most games just have you wood chop in every mode.

#4081 2 years ago

apparently you guys weren't watching when we were waiting on the SV. This is normal.

#4104 2 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

That's understandable. There are usually growing pains when a machine is first released. Especially with these boutique manufacturers that seem to use the initial buyers as beta testers.
I have a late run original and it only had a couple of very minor issues out of the box.
1. Had to bend the targets below the xeno head forward to prevent the jaw from rubbing.
2. Revive and Scream lights were out, reseating connector fixed problem.

#1 is still an issue - maybe less so than original or v1/v2 targets but I had to put some foam backing behind them because over time, they rub.

#4134 2 years ago

you bastards are going to make me break down and buy a 3d printer. I have wanted one forever, but I know I'd just be making needless widgets...

#4151 2 years ago

Yeah, you should get an email only. And then out of nowhere a call from the freight company to set up delivery time.

#4182 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Pinball Life sells mylar that goes around the magnet.
https://www.pinballlife.com/mylar-magnet-protector.html

Does this use adhesive or is it static cling like vinyl?

#4187 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

I've had my machine for a week now and have been playing it everyday. The game will freeze often, usually when I'm having a great game, and I have to power off/on. I've reseated all the cables and I have the latest code but the problem persists. Has anyone else had this issue? I've got a ticket into Cato but I thought I'd ask the group.
Thanks

Hmm..2.4 has been pretty rock solid for me, aside from the tongue not coming out occasionally on boot (requires reboot).

Wonder if you are getting interference. There is a post somewhere in here that has instructions where to relocate a few cables.

#4199 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That is cool but I'm talking about just a flasher mod inside the game, nit the topper flasher domes. I'm intrigued by that mod but am still deciding between ordering an LV or SV. If I go the SV route, that mod is a no brainer IMO.

Are you talking about a true strobe? Or the 'act' of strobing? The OG apron mod had real strobes as part of it (I think there was one that didn't as well). This one is using LED's to simulate strobes I believe.

The LV version has no strobing built in as far as I am aware.

#4202 2 years ago

I'm pretty sure he's talking about MK6PIN's strobes he made along with the apron. He has no interest in doing any more and won't give any info.

#4204 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i think he is referring to the mini rotating beacons that someone installed on the air lock and on the left and right enclosed feeds to the fippers.. like tiny topper beacons in the playfield. I cannot find a picture, but i have seen that on i think youtube.

Ohhh, yeah I saw those, and yes, those are cool. No idea if that was a one off or not though.

#4239 2 years ago

Mine works fine - I think at 6.5, it is just a hard shot to line up.

#4246 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i am having intermittent main display black outs on power up... after 3 power cycles it comes back on. I submitted ticket to PB. as thi 2.4 code was to take care of it.

Does it post first before going black? Or does it never come on at all?

#4268 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

it starts normally you see the autoexec files run similar to lower airlock display, then airlock stays on then main goes black. I shut it down once it finishes, let it rest for 20-30 seconds and reboot then it is fine.

I had this happen to me on 2.4 too, but it was after I'd been under the pf changing out the targets. I thought it was cables, so I went thru them. No idea if it was or not, as like yours it just kind of started working again.

#4269 2 years ago

All of you getting your games now, make sure you update to 2.4 prior to trying to dial in settings because they all change in 2.4. I believe I have everything set to default except the left upper flipper.

#4294 2 years ago

Open a ticket, and while you wait, go through and check and jiggle/tighten all your computer connectors.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4311 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I think there was a post early on about some coils missing the "key" that keeps them centered on the coils stop and the coil was "rotating" in the coils stop and shorting?? maybe this is issue?

almost all of my coils are missing this (not flippers though) - one thing I noted early on questioning why this was like this - but it's never caused a problem.

#4339 2 years ago

Keep in mind you are seeing what? 5 people with issues? Also these have been sitting boxed and ready to ship for months.

The ramp issues are concerning though because I don't think any of the early games had any of that.

#4349 2 years ago

Mine doesn't do that. Can you take a pic of what the cables to that switch look like and it's placement? Are there other small ones that do that?

Note that when it's counting your scores/bonuses between balls, it does some funky asymmetrical lighting to simulate 'computer lights blinking' where some lights come on and their partners do not. However, this doesn't light the little targets, but it does light the big targets.

Curious if they plugged that target into the wrong connector meant for the LV.

#4379 2 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Those coils look to be installed backwards.
They will work that way, but the coil lugs are awfully close to the edge of the coil stop. Could cause a short if they touch.

hmm...and there are no locks on those, they move quite easily. Will need to look at mine.

#4383 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I guess all the small problems are worth it because this game is so cool and unique ,nothing quite have the atmosphere and feel of this title

I've been completely happy with mine. Still less work than R&M required. That being said, it sucks we are seeing a new crop of issues with this latest batch. hopefully it is just a handful of people having these issues.

#4391 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The coils twisting back and forth when energizing won't help much either. To address that and the shorting issue, I made some 2mm x 38mm x38mm spacers and placed them as shown. This prevents them from twisting, I also oriented the coils as shown to prevent shorting.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm going to use the old fashioned electrical tape fix - and maybe a rubberband for good measure.

#4414 2 years ago
Quoted from JagDaniels:

I really want to buy a standard edition, is it still worth it ? Just because i don't want to have a broken NIB game again.
What are the good points on this game (besides the theme, which is awesome).
Does it run stable when the weak points are fixed ?
I really would love to see more pictures of the game.
Greetings Dan

Quoted from neverahighscore:

As I mentioned in a previous post, this lack of quality control and major issues on games is a problem. I was hoping as many others the first batch of games would have given PB a good measurement of what needed to be changed or revised. I really don't have much confidence they will get all this resolved for the LV release which I'm still in on. What bothers me the most is that it wasn't like 500 games went out and a small percentage had these issues. You're shipping what so far a 100 games if that to the US. and the percentage of problems is so high. Has anyone received a recent Alien without issues or just minor adjustments? I just picked up a Godzilla and had 1 switch needing adjustment. Some owners have had other issues but not to the extent of PB. To me, it just makes purchasing this game more stressful
then it needs to be. I hope PB can get their act together as this has been on my must-have list since the introduction of the OG. And yes-I was one of the lucky ones to be Fu@ked by Andrew.

Mine were minor, and/or known issues (such as the targets). They have been very good about addressing issues. I do imagine as more games go out though Cato is going to be busy.

Unfortunately the way manufacturing (in general) works is you don't down the line to fix issues. They get fixed after the fact. Remember that the latest batch were sitting on a boat for a month or more before they even set sail.

#4423 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

FYI Cato is investigating on my machine that the hypersleep ramp is over bent from factory... this may be an issue for a few machines out there. There is a very pronounced, hard, bend at the very start of the ramp that saps ball energy preventing momentum from carrying the ball up the ramp to the chamber. This may be reason for the need to "overdrive" the upper right flipper coil to even have a shot at making the ramp. More to come.

So..I looked at this, and mine has this too (past the flap) but ball has no issues making the ramp...the question becomes is this really the issue.

#4435 2 years ago

Yeah, flipper buttons feel cheap, but I tightened the gap and it doesn't really bother me. Only thing I wish was that the upper flippers were staged.

#4462 2 years ago

They need to figure out whats going on with that target. I think someone is wiring something incorrectly....or...we just need to move connectors to the ones with the lights.

#4472 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Hey all,
Really excited as I just joined the club! Bought a HUO Standard version from my buddy, and can't wait to start playing.
However, as we were getting it packed up for transport, I had a small issue. As I lowered the head, the LH side cable group snagged on the back of the playfield, and pulled all the connections out.
The HDMI is easy enough to tell, but there were 3 USB connectors that came loose. Unfortunately, the cables and connectors aren't labeled, so I have no idea where they go.
I've included a couple pics. Anyone able to help me figure out which one plugs in where?
Thanks,
EV

The USB you should be able to just plug into free spots, if the cable shows 'blue' it's USB3.0 and needs to go into the blue spots.

#4474 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

All 3 cable ends are white inside.
Sources down in the cab different? I suppose I could trace each cable back to its origin and check if the female source end is black or blue...
Thanks,
EV

it doesn't matter as long as none are blue and even then may not make a difference just depends on what speed is needed that it is going to - they'd be blue on both ends. If they are all the same just plug them in.

#4487 2 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

And just going to random USB ports won't screw anything up? Concerned about frying something....
Thanks,
EV

Nope, won't hurt anything.

#4493 2 years ago

n/m - they may have it configured in a manner that if switched around it 'can' work but probably won't without some fiddling. You probably need to find out where the 3rd one goes though. I 'assume' port 3.

Note that the top photo is the cabinet interface. The bottom is the backbox monitor (regular PC outboard). Note that it and your photo are upside down from each other.

The order is Backbox --> cabinet --> Playfield/cab devices

#4499 2 years ago

This is something I'll have to test a bit. Reality is, generally, it shouldn't matter which port it is attached to because it is all based/directed on what it is driving, which is discovered upon bootup. However, because this is linux based, there may be some specific port directing happening. If it indeed matters, then they should be marked as such from the factory, because those things come out quite easily. I would suggest marking them when you get it figured out.

#4570 2 years ago

While that is probably the best trailer they've made yet...it barely shows off a reason to get an LV.

Why blue over black? Why all open eggs?

The bg is personal preference...since it is about the movies...i am just not a fan of the comic book style art. As it doesnt blend with the cabinet. The pf art was by the same person or different?

#4626 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Standard coin door , looks like this, The Nostromo plaque came from Etsy ...[quoted image]

I got one of these a month or so ago, but then realized I don't know where I'm going to put it. My original intent was to maybe put it on the mod apron whenever it gets done, but this is a good alternative as well that I hadn't even considered.

#4629 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is it metal? It kinda looks like plastic

It's real, but honestly...that's some cheap bs. You can go get one made for little of nothing. It isn't even numbered. PB should have made some contract with the apron mod people... I seriously just don't see the value in the LV. It is clear very little thought was put into this version...and while I appreciate them doing all this, it is just kind of sad that this has turned out how it has.

#4632 2 years ago

If anyone wants a custom dog tag:

https://www.mydogtag.com/#

#4678 2 years ago

Glad it's for a good cause...but...???

#4699 2 years ago

Melissa is asking for the full payment when PB is asking. This comes with the assumption that it will be shipped soon after, however just getting a ship out of dock has been a question of 'when'...and that's before it even gets to the US.

I didn't like it either though when we'd get answers that basically seemed like they were guessing...but I have to assume these are things that PB is telling them.

#4704 2 years ago
Quoted from DoorCounty:

Cointaker would be MUCH better off not promising dates and timeframes. They should say we do NOT have a confirmed date at this point, when we do we will get back with you on a target window.

I can guarantee given your current frustrations, if they told you no dates at all, it wouldn't be any better. These are being shipped from another country in a time when everything is f'd up. There is no reason to 'not trust' them though. It takes time, but it eventually comes through. It would not be any better at any other distro, because they are beholden to PB, and the shippers, and the ports. They aren't trying to screw anyone over. I can say this as someone who had never ordered from them before and have no clout. I completely understand that once you've paid in full, it is frustrating not knowing what is going on...been there with it as well, but I think over time we've come to realize that CT doesn't have a ton of information either once PB has loaded the boxes, and frankly PB isn't exactly forthcoming with details.

#4722 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Well I got my topper today, now I just need to get my LV eventually. After 7 years, hopefully only another year or so and I'll have it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is awesome.

#4736 2 years ago

This would make an amazing topper....but it's way too big

#4751 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Does anyone else have these Philips head M3 bolts securing the airlock screen?
[quoted image]

Yes...and they suck...but so do the 2 sizes of torq which not everyone has just laying around.

#4761 2 years ago

Hope that thing comes with a COA

#4807 2 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Dose someone make inside decals? Or is mirror blades better ? Any pics of ether one installed?

hoping at some point someone makes aftermarket EL's of some sort. Maybe they will as more get out in the wild and it makes it more worth it.

#4814 2 years ago

You probably have a month to 2 month wait now. Don't get too excited. You won't hear much until suddenly you are being called by fedex to schedule delivery.

#4820 2 years ago

The people getting them are SV's. The guy who got the LV invoice still has a wait, which is who I was talking to about having a 1-2 month wait.

You also have to keep in mind that it is people from different regions, not just the US. If you are in the US and had a Q1 order and haven't got it yet - then I'd be making some calls. That being said, I was 2nd to last or last on the Q1 order and I got mine a few months ago.

#4822 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Does anyone know what the original price was for the LV before they changed it? Just wanna make sure I’m getting billed correctly

it was hinted at 9999, but was never official.

#4824 2 years ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Thanks I found it yeah I should locked on the 9999 price I believe

They didn't give the impression that anyone is getting that price, thus the 'hinted at but never official'. Maybe you get lucky..

#4839 2 years ago

Tell me you are new to pinball without telling me you are new to pinball.

Let me save you some stress. You can say all the 'this is how it should be' you want, but nothing changes. And, most likely won't. They've got zero incentive to change due to the ever growing demand and ever increasing profit margins. I'm of the mind that distros are an outdated resource overall, but because manufacturers also won't change, people think they remain necessary. There's a ton of 'this is wrong' in the pinball business, but over the years, it has grown and thrived using old old business models with very minimal change. Does it make sense in modern business sense? No, and maybe at some point when pinball starts to become obsolete again, someone can say 'shoulda done this', but the business world is short sighted.

Now, in defense of these people as well, most of these are small mom and pop 1-2 person shows. They are not Microsoft with support in India. Additionally, the pinball manufacturers are small as well (comparatively). What is happening the last few years is new to everyone. Before now, you could get a Stern almost immediately, but look now? Who knows when you will get one. It's a hobby - and external to the hobby - wide issue. Unfortunately, all you can do is hope that when you do eventually get your game it works, or if it has issues, support is good enough to get it taken care of without much hassle.

#4843 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

I'm sorry I haven't been around in pinball long enough to become cynical and accept that this is the way things are. I suppose after many years one might become complacent in what they accept. I'm not new to business. You don't need to be Microsoft, or any more than a 1-2 person mom and pop shop to handle this situation however.... And listen, I'm not trying to be a dick here. But if it's considered a "problem" that customers are asking where their product is, than it's a problem with the distributor, not the customer, hands down.
Two low-tech, low-time solutions I have in mind, given that each distributor is selling possibly 10 different machines at any given time....
1) Create a web-page per machine with expected delivery dates and update it daily. Anyone emailing or calling could be directed to check this page whenever they want.
2) Create a distribution group per machine and email with any changes to expecations.
Both of these solutions would (a) drastically reduce the incoming emails, (b) drastically reduce time spend emailing customers the same thing over and over, (c) increase customer satisfaction.
Being new to this whole thing doesn't mean my opinions should be discounted. In fact, as someone who is relatively new to this whole thing, I'm a little disappointed that some of the guys who have been around for a while are so happy with a "buy it or don't" and "it is what it is" mentality. Pinball keeps advancing, why doesn't the market and distribution service as well? It's a shame really.

You aren't saying anything that many of us have also said in the past. I'm just letting you know there's no point fretting about it, because it doesn't change.

#4855 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Never understand these continuous knocks on distributors? More so then ever they Need distributors. Just consider the key word “distribution”. Can you envision Stern calling 100 trucks in per week to ship Individual games to individual clients around the world? Not very logistically practical. Same for support, local shows, advertising, warranty reserves, and so on. All stores in the US for the most part are distributors. Companies that try to be single source rarely grow or succeed.

Yes and no. While yes, everything is distributed, the distro world in pinball is not the same thing as Amazon warehouse or your local grocery store.

I've purchased 4 NiB games in the last 3 years, and the only interaction I've had with distros is the ordering. That's not to say I have had a bad experience with them, just that there was no added value other than being a middleman. I didn't get a 'deal' like at a car lot. Everything after that has been through the manufacturer. While they may make sense for ops, they make less sense for home users in today's world. No point breaking it all down, because there is a ton of old school mentality on this site and in the pinball world in general as I pointed out. It just offends people when people point out the old boys club behind the scenes, special favors, etc but don't necessarily apply to all distros, and we don't need a bunch chiming in with 'we don't do that'.

Essentially they are just outsourcing, but at the end of the day, I guess what I would prefer to see is one point of ordering per manufacturer that you order through. Not a hunting and pecking game of who got how many and who's an insider with connections, etc. What happens behind the scenes from that point generally doesn't matter to the purchaser.

#4861 2 years ago

It was in March when the first few landed - can't speak to what date, just the month.

No RAZA's were shipped.

#4888 2 years ago

I'm a rabid fan, and intended to go LV when it eventually came, but after the reveal it does nothing for me that the SV doesn't. I would say it would depend on if you are going to get a shaker and invisiglass anyway then go ahead...but if you are planning on getting the apron mod as well, why not save some cash and get the SV. I just don't think the 'alien' portions of the LV are enough to justify the price bump. What is additional on the LV just doesn't add up to 2k (on top of the raised prices). I think I mentioned before that while I like the art, it really is more 'comic' centric than movie centric. I suppose if someone loves that art, then the LV is really the only option. I just don't see the LV as being a must have version for this game.

#4890 2 years ago

Just for conversation sake, there is no way the "lit up background' is anywhere near $100. That's like $5.
The open pop bumpers you can buy are $35

#4892 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

$35 per egg right? So $105 for 3eggs?

Are they all open? If so, then yeah, agreed....but who wants them ALL open?

#4897 2 years ago

So contemplating one of these but I’ve got room for 9 machines so I’m at capacity! I’ve got 5 borgs so the logical choice is one of those. But I enjoy iron man more than WOZ. But woz is a fantastic game. I’m in Australia and the closest game is over 9 hours away… I don’t want to give up a fantastic game for something that’s good. I know it’s a change but again don’t want a down grade.

Only real solution is to move the kids to the garage.

1 week later
#5053 2 years ago

Craziest thing though. I never called or emailed CT and I got my game just fine. Not exactly 'quick' or when I wanted it, but it came. Strange.

#5069 2 years ago

These type of issues are what concern me long term on these newer 'pc' base games. Hope they get you taken care of.

Do you know anything about computers? Are you able to tell if the PC comes on? Powers on? Gets stuck on something with the drive, etc? Or are you completely reliant on Cato's troubleshooting?

I can say that the connectors between the PC and the outboards in the cabinet can be flaky, and any piece of this hardware can go bad at any time. The same troubleshooting process applies though as the older machines. Start at the power and work your way through the order of what should be coming on.

#5074 2 years ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Interesting... I worry much less about these issues on PC based games. Hardware will exist to run x86 or ARM based Linux software for a very, very long time, just because of the enormous scale of those platforms in every industry. I don't have tons of faith that, say, my WPC games will be fixable down the road when the MPU board fails. That relies on a small number of highly specialized vendors like Rottendog or Alltek.

It's not really the hardware that concerns me so much. It's more about how the drives and data on them are usually locked/encrypted etc. That adds complication down the road in keeping things running.

#5166 2 years ago

Nah they are yellow. Just look dark orange, but will light orange/yellow.

#5171 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

How about that extra back box led strip... that is an improvement over SV for sure.

It is, but you are talking a $5 addon that plugs right in the backbox. Also...I'm not sure that being there really does much with the LV backbox art, compared to the SV art. It is NEEDED on the SV....but just sitting in the center on the LV may not be right based on the art that it has...but then it isn't black space, so maybe it is just there to brighten the entire backglass in general. Either way, it was definitely needed and anyone with an SV I would suggest add one for the title.

#5173 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Agree. Am i seeing things but there is another black framed something or other in the image near the bottom... dear where pop bumpers start. What is that? looks like drop target bank but that cant be right? I am away from my machine or id go look. LOL

I believe that is the apc drop target mech.

EDIT: you meant even lower....don't know waht that is..but I don't think it is drop targets

#5181 2 years ago

If they are recessed rather than flush, that would be great to prevent them from getting banged up. There's not a lot of room to play.

#5184 2 years ago
Quoted from RPZ:

I was looking at same thing… maybe it’s to do with lighting???

Probably a bit of whatever filter was on the camera, but also has to do with how they make them. It's because how short they are, there is mostly areas where the plastic is thicker, causing the yellow to be darker.

#5189 2 years ago

It really is a great game. I know there was lots of hesitation over quality, and missing elements from the HWY version, but it has surpassed expectations.

#5191 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_-_K:

SV absolutely needs a BB Lighting Kit and while 1 LED strip in the LV is a start it definitely needs much more IMHO ❗
Working on an LED BB Kit for our SV and most likely working with EightBallTexas (AGAIN ! ) on something similar for the LV.

You really don't need anything extravagant for it. The majority of the SV is black. One of those 40 led USB strips placed in the center by the title/egg makes the whole thing pop a bit more.

#5201 2 years ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Is it a great game that you’ve beat mastered already? Or is it deep play enough to keep you crawling back because it’s beat you. She. Mine comes in the next week or so- I expecting challenge (not fixing) for at lésas y a month

I'm not a great player by any means. I have not beat it, but I've got close. The thing is that the game itself is not that hard to beat if you simply go by modes. The modes do not require you to beat them to advance, and there is no wood chopping. You just play them, and then win or lose it ends and you try to start the next mode. The modes are mostly timed and short. A decent person could get through them all quickly, and to the final mode quickly if you concentrated on just that. To actually win all the modes I think would take average people some time. There's at least 1 mode (Save Newt) that I don't truly understand yet and takes a bit of time to get to.

It's actually a pretty fast playing game for a widebody and the shots are satisfying IMO. I would say it is not TZ level deep (as a widebody comparison), but I think the shots on it are better.

There's lots of extra shot / combos as well that I'm still discovering. It's too early for me to say if it's a just one more game long term. Full disclosure, this is my one true dream theme so unless it was a complete and total turd, or 15k (i have a 10k limit), I would own this. Fortunately, it is not a turd by any means, and the theme integration is outstanding (as was always the case). It isn't the toughest or deepest game around...not even close, but it is fun.

#5203 2 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well, I just heard back from Melissa at CT, I am number #331 on the LV list...I was just curious about where I was in the "pecking" order. I put my 1k deposit down on 4 November 21.

Actually, it's interesting to hear they've sold that many LV's. That's good to hear. I don't think they sold over 100 SV's.

EDIT: Haha, okay I think Pedretti is telling me I'm wrong which is a good thing.

#5208 2 years ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Wow I had no idea how many they were producing. I wonder if they will hit the 1000 for the LV? Hopefully this is enough sales to keep them going I just figured they were going to sell a few thousand

Well don't quote me on it. I could be completely wrong about how many SV's they've sold. Just doesn't seem like there's been that many overall.

#5228 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Well got the proto stuff alltogether so far..
Black ripple hardware, britemods buttons, translite 2d, apron skin, Launch button, black gloss T molding, backlit egg in coi door
Cab art still to come and working ona screen mod for the apron area. he backboard is going to need some love....
Tracker mod in - bloody beautiful Andrew.....11/10.
Yes I am happy to get the panels made and post out ( from Australia) but at this stage DIY lighting and installtion but happy to share what I did, some of you may have better options. Translite front, rear, apron and coin door approx $420 Aud plus postage which I have no idea on.
[quoted image]

Amazing job on the translite! Is this something you made as a one off or planning to sell? ( I reread but not clear on what exactly you are doing).

#5240 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I am happy to supply the 4 panels and you diy lighting and fitting etc. Translite, front, rear, apron and coin door panel.

Hi, so you are willing to supply the parts for just the translite? Or maybe the process? That is the part I know I am interested in.

#5245 2 years ago

So I’ve watched a couple of streams and I’ve noticed that you don’t really shoot the outsides of the game too often, the upper ramp even less so and the shot on the right that feeds back to the right flipper. One thing that annoys me about games is one that doesn’t make use of the entire playfield often. Am I correct in my statement?

Not really. You shoot the outside orbits a lot, which is necessary for the pops (destroying eggs). The upper left ramp is used to stage one of the multiball modes and some jackpots. The reason you probably don't see it used too often is it is a difficult shot to make.

The right shot is difficult to stage, but the ball seems to find its way there on its own often for me.

Many of the shots you are referring to also are required for lifecycles which is how you get to Save Newt mode.

The different modes also require different shots - and randomly some different shots at times as the shot you need to hit will move around the playfield on its own.

#5251 2 years ago

One thing about the translite is that as he mentioned it is like Space Invaders, or Xenon. So I understand 'how' it was done. The question would be how to get the image on the (I assume plexiglass?). But my overall point is, you could really put any image on there you wanted to if you did it yourself. The idea itself is pretty cool and honestly, I can't believe no one has done this before (on their own).

Making me wonder about doing something similar for Funhouse 2.0.....

#5263 2 years ago

I did this with the open pop..it moves when the bumper activates ( for clarity..just from momentum).

0123221405 (resized).jpg0123221405 (resized).jpg0123221405a (resized).jpg0123221405a (resized).jpg
#5269 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Curious.. to make the hugger jump.. you dilled through the cap and connected the hugger to the pop mechanism? Might have to "swoop" this one!!!

No, it just sits on top and the tail tucks into that back dip, and so when the pop goes, it causes the facehugger to move around a bit. I have considered doing like what you say, but honestly been too lazy to bother.

#5275 2 years ago

One thing I noticed is my factory eggs don't really have any black wash on them, and the open one does, so they don't exactly match. Looking at others that have posted, theirs do have the black wash.

#5293 2 years ago

oddly, this game I will have spent more on mods than any other game I own. I don't typically get mods.

#5306 2 years ago

none of it is supposed to improve any time soon. There are predictions this is just how it is going to be for the forseeable future due to multiple reasons.

#5346 2 years ago

Did you mean, Mayan calendar time or Pinball calendar time?

#5363 2 years ago

Not sure if it was ever called out explicitly, but...I think it should have been part of it.

#5396 2 years ago

Artists rendition of a recent LV shipping boat sighting.

#5407 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

2.4 omicron variant? i didnt know there were more then one honestly.

Looks like you are right. There were d/g etc..but looks like it is just 2.3 and 2.4 now.

#5416 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Does anyone know if the SV ships with HD Glass or Std Glass?

it should be std glass, but man it seems very close to HD glass compared to my other games.

#5418 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I think it is standard glass in the SV. I have a sheet of pdi ready for it but not changed as yet. Looks really good for standard...

I wonder if it is because being a non-us made machine if the place they sourced the glass from has different process/requirements.

#5430 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I plunked down my dollar on the LV about 5 minutes after cointaker made it live and still have yet to get an email.
I'm tempted to just put down the deposit and email Melissa about it.
Anyone else do this?

You might contact if that is true. I did the same and got an email the first day after deposits were open.

#5440 2 years ago

For the record, my translite has already hit the states. Now just waiting on customs.

#5444 2 years ago

Updated LV tracking status as of 2/7

#5464 2 years ago
Quoted from nedry:

Enough with the shipping delays, can we talk about the elephant in the room??? It seems like this machine is still in beta - manufacturing process has not been ironed out. Plus how much of PITA is it going to be to repair/maintain given that entire boards will have to be replaced? I have also heard people experience issues with random resetting and the xenomorph from hell

Have you bought a newer pinball game in the last ~10 years? Board replacement is pretty much the standard now.

Additionally, most have had few problems. However, yes the Xeno is problematic.

#5468 2 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Premium or Pro?
I have been on 2 different locations that the premium was broken at one time or another...

Same, I've yet to find one in the wild that is operational.

#5469 2 years ago

I'm not going to try to convince people to buy one. All of the manufacturers have horror stories. The most I would say is I wouldn't trust this on a route, but it is fine for home use.

#5471 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Besides Stern and games using proc, all these custom one off boards are going to be a major issue down the line. At least when buying from a more established manufacturer like JJP you have some expectation that they'll still be around in a few years to maybe make you a replacement board, but PB's future is unknown, and their custom boards are some of the most complex out there with custom sensors and cpu chips etc, and have had a lot of failures already, unlike most manufacturers. JJP had similar issues with their woz lamp boards when they got started, that's probably the biggest last case of needing to replace a bunch of boards. Hopefully PB is around for a long time but that's the future...

That's the same story of pinball since it started. By the time that is an issue, there will be resolutions.

#5474 2 years ago

Wasnt there a picture with the model number in the thread.
remember it looking like an HP Industrial motherboard.

He's referring to the 'node boards' under the pf, not the PC.

#5475 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There are still games from the 70s with production runs way higher than alien will ever have and no replacement boards. And those don't have proprietary components on them. And it's just one board for a whole era , not 12 per game. It's not at all the same story in the slightest. Even reproducing the most popular board of this era, the Stern node board, would be way more involved than pretty much anything done so far

The reasons are pretty obvious. Look at the Heighway owners. Where there's a will, things will be done. As for the comparisons, just because Stern is alive and well now doesn't mean in 10-20 years they will be and that their boards will be any more available than anyone elses. The risk may be lower, but it isn't non existent. I get that there's a concern. I have the same concern about CGC games and their boards, but at the end of the day you either want a game or you don't and these new all in one boards are the future process we have to deal with. I guess the overall point is, if you are scared to buy anything but Stern, buy Stern. We're at the point now that if you don't want one, there's really no reason to even come in the owners thread and complain about it. Some have issues, some do not. Same with every other game coming out regardless if they've been around for decades.

#5477 2 years ago
Quoted from nedry:

The thing is I do want one. And there is a point to talk about the issues with this game and not sweep them under the rug. The Stern/CGC comparison doesn't make sense. How many pins has Stern & CGC made vs PB? I guess if it has issues I can just sell it on here

Most of the larger issues have been addressed. The boards he's talking about, there is no changing that and as of yet are not problematic. You either accept the risk, or skip it. I'm not even trying to hype the game, it's just the reality of the situation. PB has been good about addressing issues and customer service. I'm not sure what else people expect. It's not a lemon, it's not perfect but I'd still rather have this than many of the other games being released. I don't care about 30 years down the road when I'm dead.

#5480 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You can cross your fingers all you want, and I sure am too, I own the game and want it to keep working, but it's easily the most risky purchase in my collection by far, and saying anything else to prospective buyers is flat out unsupportable

Crossing your fingers is exactly what every one of us do each time we buy a game, regardless of who made it. When the horror story threads become silent, I'll worry more about one versus the other.

#5525 2 years ago

I wonder if indeed the ship is sitting in a port, or the games are in a warehouse at the dock somewhere, there is some sort of tracking that shows how far back in line they are for unloading/pickup. Someone has to be tracking this because it's a lot of money in scheduling/labor.

#5527 2 years ago

Received my alternate 3D translite today!! Going to be a bit of work to get it installed so it will probably be a few weeks before I get time.

#5539 2 years ago

Directly from their FB page:

Despite challenging times Alien LV is in the making. We aim to ship the first batch of games at the end of January. We will keep you posted!

I don't know who is waiting on what, but there's no way any LV's would be here yet even if they met that timeline, which they probably didn't.

As for anyone waiting on an SV, I really doubt there is some mysterious conspiracy here. CT was horrible at communication of any substance before this game. The situation of this game is slightly unique being that it is coming from overseas. There could be a number of reasons it is stuck at the port if it is there. Maybe someone who paid in full should hit up PB directly. They are who would have paid the shipper, not CT. As for CT, if indeed there is some hold up, they should be reaching out with at least an apology for the delay.

#5564 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

I can vouch that you shipped quickly and I received mine last week. Purchase with confidence with this guy as he was great to work with.
The package sat in AUS for like a week or so "waiting on a flight". So, they had the package, it was out of his hands, and they were working on an international flight for packages. Once it arrived in the US, I received it in a few days.
Just wanting to point out that he is a good seller and does ship it out quickly. The rest is out of his control. And man... it looks incredible. Definitely, worth the small wait.

Agreed!

#5571 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

Can you please share pictures of the translites by themselves not in the game when you can?
I asked for these from the builder but never received them.
I appreciate it.

They have the film on them which is not see through. I doubt I take it off until I'm ready to install. He has pics in the thread. What are you wanting to see?

EDIT: I guess the back side is see through but it won't show everything. Quality from what I can see looks good.

#5614 2 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

I’m on your side. Not kidding.

drevil (resized).jpgdrevil (resized).jpg
#5642 2 years ago
Quoted from RussG:

I know. I ordered mine 2-22-2021 and will be receiving it on 2-22-2022.
Crazy!

What is interesting about this is....have none of you ordered from anyone BUT Stern? R&M and CGC games all took a year or more to get for many people. And that was without shipping issues and coming from overseas...

#5649 2 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Killer mod

Did you use do it yourself led's or the premade USB ones? I've been playing around with sound reactive ones, but for some reason the particular ones I have do not retain the settings after you cut the power.

#5676 2 years ago

This isn't new. Ours had oddball nuts/bolts come off/loose too. They didn't appear to use any kind of locktite.

I went through every nut and bolt on the thing before i turned it on because I had 3-4 nuts falling into the cabinet when I opened it. I imagine going by ship over the ocean twists and turns things a bit.

#5685 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

No. It boots to the pinball brothers logo on the backbox display. Next some Linux looking boot sequence comes up for about 2 screens on the playfield monitor and then the screens both just go black and nothing further occurs.

Go through and check/wiggle/tighten all of the connectors in the backbox and the outbox under the pf. I had this issue and it seems to be a loose connector for one of the video inputs. It won't 'fix' while it is on, requires reboot for it to find the correct display. (note, this is just a guess).

You might also check the cables on the drive.

#5713 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Dec 21 is what it says on the back. The build quality looks great. Everything looks tight. The connections were all solid. Nothing loose in the cab. Seems like it was just a software glitch. I'm impressed with the electronics. They look really well designed and integrated.
The game shoots really well so far. I did have a few times where the right flipper just cut out. I'm not sure what that's about.
Definitely going to need to put some time into this thing and let it burn in before it's ready to put on location but it's definitely promising.

make sure to put the updates on it.

#5717 2 years ago
Quoted from Drain-O:

Zablon, when you say "the updates" do you mean anything beyond the 2.4d code?

No.

#5734 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Congrats on the new game! The Xeno mech is loud when you first turn the game on and it runs it’s diagnostic. It should be much quieter during gameplay. Although I am not sure what the difference is.

It's not really quieter during play. It's the mech itself that is loud. The reason it seems quieter is it is drowned out by the game music/noise.

#5738 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Did the boat sink? Where in the hell are the pics of the LV's?

LV's haven't even shipped yet.

#5792 2 years ago

airlock comes with it.

Magnets, I've heard mixed results. Probably better to just put mylar around them.

#5798 2 years ago

I do have a question. I have yet to change out my right post to the longer one as I had already put a washer in. I can tell it's going to need more. Those who have changed it, have you noticed if it is stable? I have a feeling this particular post is going to take a lot of abuse and the longer post is not going to be enough long term. I'm thinking it will need a wider washer, but even then I think it will still bend enough to bite into the pf.

#5802 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

what issue is this? getting game this weekend.

There's a post in front of the upper right flipper. The original games had a very short post which barely connected. It would break the hole. We were sent longer posts. The newer games shouldn't have this issue. However....this post takes a ton of abuse. It is recommended you at least put a washer under it. I'm questioning if that is even enough.

#5825 2 years ago

Yes there's a strength option.

Also, regarding the EoS topic. These newer systems don't use them, right or wrong. I personally am not a fan of the direction this is going, but once it is finally dialed in (it's all code), it works well. Had similar issues on R&M and went round for months trying to resolve with the programmer. They eventually did get it dialed in. I am not clear if Alien is using the a similar or completely different function.

I personally have not had any issues with knockdown on it.

#5834 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Hey Guys....
I've had this problem with v2.4 system update that PB hasn't been able to reproduce yet and I'm trying to figure out if anyone else has seen the same problem with 2.4? So far, it seems to be just my machine.
When Ambush mode starts, the center magnet grabs the ball for half a second, but then releases it. It seems like a programming issue, but I've been told that this is not happening on other machines with 2.4. Has anyone else seen this issue?

So far, I've reset to factory defaults, re-imaged the hard drive, and replaced board 10 (board that controls the Xeno). This behavior seems consistent every single time.
I've also downgraded to 2.2G system update. When my machine is on 2.2G, everything works just fine!!! Magnet grabs ball and holds onto it like it should. WTH????
Super hard to fix when PB can't even reproduce it, so I'm hoping someone else has seen this.
Thanks!

Yes, I also had reported this and was told to up the magnet power. I did, and it doesn't do it as often, but it has done it occasionally.

EDIT:
So apparently when I reported it, it was on 2.3. I honestly haven't played enough lately to know if it persists in 2.4d.

This is what was said at the time:

About the 2.3 update. Before we had the range of +-25% and this has been increased to +- 50% and we also are handling the difference 50hz or 60hz, now, so the best way to test the 2.3 update is to do the.: service mode -> actions -> factory reset.

and redo the adjustments, but I would recommend to test with default's first, and the mother eject is perfect here in Norway (50hz) at -25%

let me know if that change the magnet back to holding the ball.

#5847 2 years ago

The flipper strength thing is interesting. I had to turn my flipper power down because while they 'feel' light and weak, they definitely are not. I was throwing balls into the glass bouncing off things.

Glad everyone is enjoying getting their games. I know there was a lot of hesitation over quality and concern over the wait.

The people who have already installed the alternate translite set, what are you using to attach the back one in place? I was considering making a 3 sided wooden frame but maybe that is overkill.

#5913 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Played a few games tonight. Ball kept sitting in the left kickout. Tried lowering the coil power as it was getting kicked out really fast. Went back to factory and it wouldn't kick out.
[quoted image]

When this happens again, try pressing the flipper buttons a few times. There is a known issue with the code - that I thought they were trying to fix or thought they had fixed, but it does still happen. The computer seems to not register or go into some kind of wait mode. It sometimes will happen in the airlock too.

Not certain this is what you are seeing though.

#5923 2 years ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

In addition to the center target often dropping during reset, just discovered another "annoying" issue. Up to now I've pretty much played the machine, then afterwards turned it off. I left it in attract mode earlier today for a few hours, the next time I played the machine it had a random popping and clicking noise coming from the audio during play. I turned the machine off and on and it fixed it. This evening I left it in attract mode for maybe 45 minutes, same thing. It's not terrible, but it IS annoying.
On the drop target I'm thinking about adding some tension to the spring to see if that helps it hold on reset.
EDIT: Figured out the drop target issue. Added some tension to the push spring behind the center target. Holding on reset now.

That sounds like a memory leak / resource issue. I've not seen this, but I've never really left it on that long when I'm not playing it. Bunch of things I need to test this weekend it sounds like. Haven't played any pins in weeks.

#5930 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

Mine had some bad solder joints at the coil lugs of some coils. Check continuity between coil lug and 2-pin connector. Re-solder wire to coil lug.

also make sure the coil itself has not turned and shorted somewhere. These spin for some reason.

#5965 2 years ago
Quoted from billsgto:

Just curious, what's the downside to using the USB port for a light strip? I've done it with a few of my newer games for a few years now and I've never had any issues.

I'm not clear on why a 5v small LED strip would be an issue on the monitor USB hub. The computer itself is spec'd to use those. I've had 6.5 foot 5v USB strip on mine since I got it plugged into the monitor and never had an issue. What I'm not clear on is where the amp draw and in line fuses come in either before or after on the outbox that is under the playfield. I would not suggest plugging in there.

That being said, something different is required for 12v and/or if perhaps adding multiple LED strips.

#6021 2 years ago

Finally got this done. I will say, I am annoyed that none of the LED strips I try keep the fade program after powering down. They will keep the color, but not the program.

What I would REALLY like to do is have another set of bright white or red in front that flash quick based on either sound or certain triggers.

0309222151_HDR (resized).jpg0309222151_HDR (resized).jpg
#6033 2 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I just did both of these using an external 12v power supply. I also plan to provide power to the Apron/Beacon mod with this power supply. It's 12v and 10amp so it has plenty to push all of my mods without pulling from the machine's power.

what are you using to trigger it to power up?

#6050 2 years ago
Quoted from DANGERTERROR:

Is there a mode / some multiball feature where the game stops flipping and all balls drain? Came up during league night, during I think a stacked mode and the main multiball. Not sure if it was a bug or feature?

When I first got mine, I was in ambush multiball where the tracker and 'meters' countdown is going, and at some point as they were closing in, everything just went dead and the ball drained and the next ball started. Now..in my mind...this was an EXCELLENT multiball experience....but apparently this is NOT a feature in the game lol.

(this was a few versions ago). To answer your question, that's a bug.

#6087 2 years ago
Quoted from scottydoesntknow:

Hi all joined the club today, been on the fence for a while, having an issue where the game keeps rebooting, and after a while freezes with an awful loud noise, not managed to play a whole game yet without it happening, checked wires all seem to be in place, anyone else had this issue? I have pinged pinball bros a message, my codes 2.4 which i thinks the newest, thanks all

I would open a ticket with PB. They will get it figured out.

#6128 2 years ago

While I know he's not alone, it's not exactly representative. The ones with issues are the loudest. But, I guess the less people who buy it the more it will be worth later.

I've *knock on wood* not had much of anything I've had to do other than it was a early version that needed new targets. I've had more work on other games than this game.

#6133 2 years ago

Yeah, but that game is trash compared to this game.

#6138 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm grateful that Stern didn't make this machine. If Stern made it, it would be just as generic and uninteresting as all the other stuff they've come out with lately.

That's what I think as well. I realize there are lots of Stern fans out there, and they have made attempts at improving things, but it's not like they don't have their own share of horror stories.

No this game is not 'technically' perfect, but they've been great at customer service and helping get them fixed for those that do have issues. Routing is indeed...questionable, but it's a complex game. The HWY version also was problematic on route (at least the few I saw). I'm sure they are going to have more issues out of the gate than a larger estabished company like Stern, but that's partly expected.

#6150 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Have you lifted the hood on a PB version and examined the components or looked over a cabinet for build quality yet? What makes "this game" not route worthy, are you speaking on the theme as a whole or comparing the two different builds? It's a shame how many yes-men cheerleaders are in here ignoring blatant quality issues on this remake. At this rate i'd take my chances on a heighway version and trust the community support system over this bucket of scrap parts!- Debbie

And then there's those people who don't own one, never planned to, and really only troll with every post. Go buy a HWY. No one is stopping you. I own one, and mine is just fine. I'll cheerlead it all day long. At this point you are just whining to whine.

#6151 2 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think mine might be a lemon.

You clearly had issues. Did they get fixed or are they still trying to figure it out?

#6160 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Notice a pattern here? You do the same thing!

Sure, but I had money on it. Do you? I'm fully aware of concerns as I had my own clearly, and you have people here stating that the concerns aren't as bad as we thought. The wait times SUCK, but that's not a PB only issue. While the initial issues can indeed be frustrating and as I've stated the game isn't perfect, the issues have been minimal for many and PB support has been great. My tune changed once I got the game and actually saw that the issues aren't that bad (also EARLY in the run). There's been plenty of people who've shared the same experience.

I'm fair though, maybe my expectations are skewed because I was coming off R&M which was...work. This was a breeze compared to that one. I wouldn't tell anyone not to buy one at this point. The game is that fun.

#6163 2 years ago

Interesting that beacons/shaker says "at this moment" ....

#6168 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Ooh, flipper staging!
Does anyone know where to get this 0.7 firmware? Not seeing it on the site

Says it is forthcoming so don't think it is out yet.

Also, agreed, flipper staging would be helpful on this game..however..I'm horrible at actually using it lol.

#6172 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

is that dependent on firmware or not.. the changelog left me confused but then again it is friday and i am burnt

I got the impression from reading it that the LV exclusive things were what relied on the new firmware.

I would caution those deciding to upgrade right away because since they are basically splintering the code for 2 versions, who knows what will happen. Generally, as you do things like this, you break other things in the process.

#6174 2 years ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

truth.. xeno grab on magnet is broken for me and the first few games i lost right side flippers and auto launch during ambush multiball. It worked itself out.. so i have no idea how that worked out.

in the notes they said they added a timing option. did you mess with that?

#6175 2 years ago

I had a bunch of people over last night and Alien got the most play. It played for multiple hours without any lockups or noticeable bugs, so that's good I guess. (on .24)

#6181 2 years ago

I have seen little consistency in what is required for some. All of my settings are default, except I think I dropped the power on the ball trough (to the shooter lane) and the power to the upper flippers because they were causing airballs. Others raised them. There was the power to the orbit stoppers, but I never had an issue with them...

Maybe with .25 when the kinks get worked out there will be more standard settings.

#6184 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

I found this post on the thread, there's a lot of good info here and he even segments his video so you can skip to what interests you the most.. I have asked for it to be added as a Key post. These can be found at the top of every page. If anyone else has good information to post like coil settings, flipper power etc. that other owners may find useful add it here and I will ask for it to be added as a key post. We all should start posting more information for the new owners to help them as best we can, so they are not trying to go through a whole bunch of "crap" to find the help they need. This is the "owners" thread let's make it the best we can
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/100#post-6695114
Props to brenna98 for this video

Problem is...I'm not really sure much of that is still relevant after code update and issues that were found/resolved in later games. Hard to tell since there seems there was different part #'s being used on some games.

#6186 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

That is true but I'm sure it can at least help some folks. It was only made 2 months ago and 2.4 code has been out longer than that. If you are referring to the new 2.5 code I won't be taking that on for a while as mine is playing flawless with 2.4 and it seems most of the code change is for the incoming LV. Now I would love to get staging flippers on my SV but we will have to wait and see if that is possible along with shaker motor incorporation. If you have some good tips to post that we could make a key post please do. I have noticed that you are always posting positive comments here and I applaud you for that, please keep it up we need to drown out the debbie downers that invade here

I honestly don't have anything I had to do that would help anyone. The worst issues I had were the gen2 targets, and the center magnet not tightening and those were taken care of by PB.

#6189 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I’m still on version 2.3G because I thought people were having issues with 2.4. My game plays pretty good on this version so what changed and why should I go to version 2.4? The only thing that gives me problems every once in a while, is the trough eject. I have the strength dialed down I think 25% and most of the time it gently puts the ball in the shooter lane. Sometimes too hard and it bounces back. Sometimes too soft and gets stuck right at the top. Not really consistent. I’ve lost a ball several times though as it ejects once and bounces back, ejects again and bounces back again, sits for a moment and then ball over. I even tried putting a small piece of deadening foam at the shooter wall so it doesn’t kick back so hard but not really working the best. Maybe I’ll get a thicker or more absorbing piece to try and lighten that eject from bouncing back. If you lessen the coil strength too much it doesn’t make it to the shooter lane and gets stuck at the top of the trough.
This game really does kick ass though! Theme, sounds, and shots make it a step above anything else that is being built right now IMO. I like Stern, I have 3 of their games, but all the latest releases seem the same to me. Same old same old. It’s great to have something different. I find it to be a rather difficult game but satisfying to shoot when you can make the shots. That left out lane dumps me a lot so I use the upper left flipper to try and keep the ball away from the left side as much as possible. The left ramp does block the view there and that is one negative I have about this game. I need to be able to see the ball at all times. I hope they incorporate a real knocker for the SV cause that screeetch is even worse than Sterns.

I think the biggest thing 2.4 was fixing was the pausing in the airlock and muthr shots. Among other bugs. Far fewer random lockups in 2.4. They made some Xeno magnet adjustments in it as well (and power selection). My experience with it was better, but I went from 2.2 to 2.4.

#6190 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

thanks for reminding us of that video. I cant understand why they went that direction with the flippers. Catching the ball is going to be really different with no EOS switch. Is there something they can do code wise to keep a flipper engaged even when the ball hits it?
Sidenote. I thought I would have my SV about a month ago or so but Im in the same boat as many of you. Cant wait to get it

Doesn't work the same. R&M also uses this method (but not the same backends). It is really all code/pulse based and as long as they have it coded correctly it isn't an issue. Trapping a ball or flipper drop has not been an issue. (It was a big issue on R&M for awhile)

#6205 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Is the game suffering of flipper knock down issues? Or has this been resolved

As far as I'm aware flipper drop may have been an issue on early early code, but it hasn't been an issue for a long time. The worst thing about the flippers is the button feel. Maybe others will speak up if otherwise. Very early on they apparently had a bad batch of flippers too - they sent me new ones, but I've never needed to install them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
1,135 posts in this topic match your search for posts by zablon. You are on page 2 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zablon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/2?tu=zablon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.