20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 376.
#1351 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I rather not but also not surprised.

Quoted from delt31:

I expect drama / catastrophe pumping from those that don’t actually own it but what’s new.

Quoted from brado426:

More people should be grateful rather than complaining and negative.

Wow.

So not wanting to have to solder or deal with repairs on a brand new pin is "drama" and "catastrophe"? do u honestly believe other people aren't watching this thread and deciding this thing seems like an issue so I'll wait?

Grateful for what, they aren't selling them for no profit sir. Yeah I'm happy they picked up the pieces and are making a go of it but so what? I doubt many Alien fans want to be negative regarding this company and the pin.

Come on

#1352 2 years ago

It's a little late in the pinball game to demand perfection at this point. People have been giving companies too much leeway in terms of quality for the price for too long. This game is actually cheap comparatively considering what you get. This is where I am torn.

I am not really clear on what issues 'we' can fix versus code, versus what is still poor design and probably will never get fixed.

For example - the xeno jaw grind...is that normal? Is it still a bad design that is going to work a few months until it just stops working?
Why is the magnet there still an issue? Surely they already knew both of these were issues on the OG so why are they STILL a problem?

As for the switches - I don't see that getting fixed any time soon if at all which means owners are going to still need to 'rebuild' these better at some point. If it was it would have gotten fixed on the first shipment?? Or at the very least some announcement that they would be changing them. Instead...still the same design that doesn't work any better.

I am not concerned about the solder issues - these things are being shipped from overseas - some games can't even make it down the block before losing a connection.

Small things like the speakers being reversed is not concerning, but it does point to there are no checks on games prior to shipping. This may be a learning curve thing (we saw it with Spooky) where better QA is needed off the line, but having worked in factories doing final tests, it is bothersome that this seems to be a recurring theme in pinball manufacturing which should just be a given. Make sure the thing works before boxing it up. You don't need to ram a ball around in it, but at least finger the switches, and check general functionality. You are only making 5-20 of these a day....

sorry for the wall of text

#1353 2 years ago

You pays your money, you takes your chances. Just don't nudge the game too hard, it's liable to crumble into a heap of broken splinters.

#1354 2 years ago

For the price these games should be perfect, but this is pinball. You could get a nib full featured game for ~3800 or so when I started, now it’s closer to 8k
Half the fun for me is tinkering so my tolerance for imperfection is high, but even if others don’t like fixing my guess is he also has high tolerance… especially since the game is incredible.

#1355 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

For the price these games should be perfect, but this is pinball. You could get a nib full featured game for ~3800 or so when I started, now it’s closer to 8k
Half the fun for me is tinkering so my tolerance for imperfection is high, but even if others don’t like fixing my guess is he also has high tolerance… especially since the game is incredible.

the better the game, the higher the tolerance I've found. I even said this about R&M. If the game hadn't been so damn good, I would have sold it long ago since it needed so much work out of the box. It is still annoying considering the cost of these damn things. Fortunately, *knocks on wood* I've been pretty fortunate so far.

Also, keep in mind, not all games come off the line the same(although they should). What we mostly see here are a few pinside addicts, and those with issues. Many who aren't on pinside, or aren't having issues, we never hear from.

I am not even sure how many are actually delivered at this point.

#1356 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

If you bought this expecting a perfectly working game, that's just not how it works for these pinball machines. I would never recommend that anyone purchase a pinball machine who isn't willing and capable of resolving issues... yes, even when it is brand new. Ask the experts and they'll tell you that there *will* be some problems to resolve. I was not surprised in the slightest that I had a few issues to resolve on this NIB game.

People are already welding back together their week old Stern Mandalorians.

#1357 2 years ago

This game has all sorts of issues. Again, the whole right side of the playfield starting at weapon target 3, switches are not registering. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. Really weird. Ball plunger can’t even push balls out into play when in ambush MB. I alighted the plunger dead center on the ball and the power seems fine at first but then gets so weak that it can’t push a ball up the ramp in multi ball. Left flipper drops when holding the button for ball hold sometimes. Left upper flipper sticks a little. Man, way more issues then I expected. This thing is literally UN-PLAYABLE. No contact from PB at this point. Sent emails, tried to sign up for the customer support ticket but need password to login. I’m patient, it’s ok, but really disappointing that the game is really unstable, both mechanically and software issues at this point.

#1358 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sent emails, tried to sign up for the customer support ticket but need password to login

See my post earlier. I used my Facebook to log in to open a ticket. It should work for either Google, Facebook or Twitter I think.

#1359 2 years ago

Don’t have any of those accounts.

#1360 2 years ago

In case anyone is having issues with sticky flippers on their game, I made a tutorial showing how I fixed this issue. I checked the bushing / flipper bat gap, the coil sleeves, and coil alignment prior to doing this. I hope this helps anyone having this issue.

#1361 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

In case anyone is having issues with sticky flippers on their game, I made a tutorial showing how I fixed this issue. I checked the bushing / flipper bat gap, the coil sleeves, and coil alignment prior to doing this. I hope this helps anyone having this issue.

Well done, and thank you sir! It seems you will be needing to make a lot more videos to cure some problems.
I'm glad I'm in batch two, I hope they fixed some of these issues early adopters are reporting.

#1362 2 years ago

Great video, how did you align your flippers? Parallel or flat with the lane guides I suppose but just making sure. No alignment holes in this game.

#1363 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Great video, how did you align your flippers? Parallel or flat with the lane guides I suppose but just making sure. No alignment holes in this game.

Thanks for the feedback. For Alien, I aligned my flippers with the lane guides for a smooth transition. I have a full Titan set to install and am curious to see how it plays once the Titans are on.

#1364 2 years ago

All I can say is WOW! Awesome pin! Spectacular in fact!!
It was a real thrill to play and I see huge potential once the code and mechanical issues are worked out. I don't believe anything on this pin is a deal breaker. Most issues I could adjust or fix. And I'm positive that PB Bros (given their apparent display of concern) will perfect this game! I can't wait to play it again!!

#1365 2 years ago

How is hyper sleep multiple suppose to play out? Once you load the second ball it’s starts. Are the balls suppose to unload from the hyper lock at that time? How many balls is it suppose to play? Mine is not unloading the balls and it goes on forever with scream again continually flashing. Something doesn’t seem right.

#1366 2 years ago

I increased power to lower flippers 20% and it helped. But I experienced the sticking flipper problem above on several occasions.
* I don't own the game yet but a friend does.

#1367 2 years ago

#1368 2 years ago

Thanks for this.

#1369 2 years ago
IMG_20210626_184828_873 (resized).jpgIMG_20210626_184828_873 (resized).jpg
#1370 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How is hyper sleep multiple suppose to play out? Once you load the second ball it’s starts. Are the balls suppose to unload from the hyper lock at that time? How many balls is it suppose to play? Mine is not unloading the balls and it goes on forever with scream again continually flashing. Something doesn’t seem right.

Lock second ball, then mb starts. Both locked balls are released, and one more is served from the trough for 3 total.

#1371 2 years ago

If you could do one showing how I can keep these skinny stand-up targets from getting stuck....

#1372 2 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

All I can say is WOW! Awesome pin! Spectacular in fact!!
It was a real thrill to play and I see huge potential once the code and mechanical issues are worked out. I don't believe anything on this pin is a deal breaker. Most issues I could adjust or fix. And I'm positive that PB Bros (given their apparent display of concern) will perfect this game! I can't wait to play it again!!

Not sure how the new game plays but my old LE is phenomenal and once these issues get squared away I’m sure you’ll agree

#1373 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Not sure how the new game plays but my old LE is phenomenal and once these issues get squared away I’m sure you’ll agree

Yes, I had the pleasure of playing the original Alien at Ann Arbor pinball museum and it was an incredible machine! Only got one game off as there was a big line, but got to watch a lot!

#1374 2 years ago

For all you early adopters out there it looks like I'm the victim of the "sticky targets", here is the post from Pinball Brothers about them...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000711521-sticky-weapons-targets

I have already been in contact with Cato and advised him, he said they will be sending me replacements.
I have also noticed that my right ramp opto isn't working and hasn't since day 1. I was checking the audits and noticed that my right ramp had 0 hits, I was like I know I've hit that a bunch of times. Talked to Cato and he said to check the LED under the playfield and make sure it's lit, it was, then I tried adjusting the opto housing but still nothing. I'm waiting to hear back from Cato.
Ah the life of us early adopters I'm positive that they will get me a new one soon but it does make it a bit difficult to complete any missions when you can't hit the right ramp lol.

#1375 2 years ago

Is replacing the targets a fix..or just a bandaid? Seems that if htey are replacing them with the same exact parts, it's not going to work for long..if at all.

N/M: didn't realize the post was FROM PB Bros when I posted. Good news.

#1376 2 years ago

Where is the quality control on these machines? Weren’t they test played a few games each first before boxing up?

#1377 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

For all you early adopters out there it looks like I'm the victim of the "sticky targets", here is the post from Pinball Brothers about them...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000711521-sticky-weapons-targets
I have already been in contact with Cato and advised him, he said they will be sending me replacements.
I have also noticed that my right ramp opto isn't working and hasn't since day 1. I was checking the audits and noticed that my right ramp had 0 hits, I was like I know I've hit that a bunch of times. Talked to Cato and he said to check the LED under the playfield and make sure it's lit, it was, then I tried adjusting the opto housing but still nothing. I'm waiting to hear back from Cato.
Ah the life of us early adopters I'm positive that they will get me a new one soon but it does make it a bit difficult to complete any missions when you can't hit the right ramp lol.

Sweet. Didn't see this before. Spent most of today shaving and re-aligning those standups.
Also sanded all my flipper bushings.
Game is playing solid now.

#1378 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Where is the quality control on these machines? Weren’t they test played a few games each first before boxing up?

Yeah I feel the same way. Don’t they check switches and coils in test mode and see how it actually plays? There should be a checklist of tests before it’s boxed up.

#1379 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I feel the same way. Don’t they check switches and coils in test mode and see how it actually plays? There should be a checklist of tests before it’s boxed up.

I don't know if you've been paying attention, but as I posted above, that apparently isn't a thing in pinball land...if it is, all these companies are extremely bad at it. They aren't pushing out 1000's a day, there's really no reason to not do a functional test on every single game off the line. No need to go through all the wiring, just have a check list of things to check - does it come on, switches, coils, speakers, display to name a few. If any of that stuff isn't working, it isn't ready to box.

#1380 2 years ago

Who's the hero that will compile a shopping cart from pinballife with everything we need to replace these subpar components they've put in this machine? It looks like the flipper bushing is screwed to the PF, what were they thinking there anyway?

#1381 2 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Who's the hero that will compile a shopping cart from pinballife with everything we need to replace these subpar components they've put in this machine? It looks like the flipper bushing is screwed to the PF, what were they thinking there anyway?

It's not, it's going into the flipper base plate like normal, but the base plate is flush cut around the shape of the bushing

#1382 2 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

That doesn't matter apparently just have high tolerance for repairs and buy a soldering iron.

#1383 2 years ago

Doesn't matter what game thread it is, there's always that ONE guy...

#1384 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's not, it's going into the flipper base plate like normal, but the base plate is flush cut around the shape of the bushing

Thanks for clarifying!

#1385 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Doesn't matter what game thread it is, there's always that ONE guy...

Do u mean someone who's constantly making excuses for a what seems to be a poor launch? there's more than one in this thread.

#1386 2 years ago

I think he meant Cato

#1387 2 years ago

That link to the target issue is a little difficult to understand.

Are they saying that the fix they instituted is just temporary? There’s a total redesign on the way?

#1388 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

That link to the target issue is a little difficult to understand.
Are they saying that the fix they instituted is just temporary? There’s a total redesign on the way?

That's what I got from it, a v3...

#1389 2 years ago

Lets hope that v3 is a leaf switch.

#1392 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I think he meant Cato

Ur both wrong, he meant this what ever the hell this is.

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg
#1393 2 years ago

FedEx my favorite shipper …. Not! Machine was supposed to be delivered today, it was 2 hours away in upstate NewYork , now it’s in friggin Arkansas

5812B77F-0796-4C5E-B088-1D49BC8C3D6C (resized).jpeg5812B77F-0796-4C5E-B088-1D49BC8C3D6C (resized).jpeg
#1394 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

FedEx my favorite shipper …. Not! Machine was supposed to be delivered today, it was 2 hours away in upstate NewYork , now it’s in friggin Arkansas [quoted image]

Well, they delivered my ACNC with no box or legs/hardware, and not strapped down to the pallet and it tipped over and rolled around in the back of the truck. When he opened the door, there is was lying on the floor wrapped in shrink wrap and totaled! The driver tried to tell me it came from the factory this way! Of course I didn't sign for it. But, spooky got a new pin out to me right away. Pinball Star said they had never seen that before. Apparently somewhere along the way it got scavenged. I can't believe they delivered it to me like that!

#1395 2 years ago

Quoted from Mr_Outlane:Well, they delivered my ACNC with no box or legs/hardware, and not strapped down to the pallet and it tipped over and rolled around in the back of the truck. When he opened the door, there is was lying on the floor wrapped in shrink wrap and totaled! The driver tried to tell me it came from the factory this way! Of course I didn't sign for it. But, spooky got a new pin out to me right away. Pinball Star said they had never seen that before. Apparently somewhere along the way it got scavenged. I can't believe they delivered it to me like that!

Wow.

#1396 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

FedEx my favorite shipper …. Not! Machine was supposed to be delivered today, it was 2 hours away in upstate NewYork , now it’s in friggin Arkansas [quoted image]

Have pinball..will travel

#1397 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Give it a break man! It just wanted to see the world before it got trapped in your basement!

#1398 2 years ago

So my switch problem still remains. After speaking with Cato we tried to replace a cat-5e cable on playfield board #6 similar to the person who was having LED problems but no workie. He is going to send a new board and I guess will see what happens. Now I have to wait until parts come. What a bummer. Can’t even play a game as half the playfield switches on the right side do not register. Besides the switch problem seems like the game has a lot of software issues as well. What a mess

#1399 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

After speaking with Cato we tried to replace a cat-5e cable on playfield board #6 similar to the person who was having LED problems but no workie.

Kato?

071CF399-3566-4E2F-AF98-460AC105B481 (resized).jpeg071CF399-3566-4E2F-AF98-460AC105B481 (resized).jpeg
#1400 2 years ago

For those that picked up at CT , were you refunded any shipping charges?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 160.00
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/28?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.