Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 376.
#14101 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

New owner… are there no jackpot / super jackpot callouts?

In space no one can hear your jackpot

#14102 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

New owner… are there no jackpot / super jackpot callouts?

The game does not yell at you like many pins. The video screen will tell you what to
Flaahing red shots are jackpots

#14103 10 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

The game does not yell at you like many pins. The video screen will tell you what to
Flaahing red shots are jackpots

Was just surprised to hit a super jackpot and not have any sort of indication, speech or music, that something special had happened.

#14104 10 months ago

Everyone acts like it's a real feature that you have no idea what's happening or what to shoot for.

And it does indeed 'yell at you', it's just that it yells nonsensical movie quotes at you rather than offering any guidance on what to do.

YouButtonThatShitUpPunkin

#14105 10 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Was just surprised to hit a super jackpot and not have any sort of indication, speech or music, that something special had happened.

Ambush multiball super jackpot gives you Vasquez shouting "LETS ROOOOCCKKK"! That's about a billion times better than a regular call out.

#14106 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Ambush multiball super jackpot gives you Vasquez shouting "LETS ROOOOCCKKK"! That's about a billion times better than a regular call out.

How do you guys stage the ball to get to that shot?
Is it the orbits the best bet hoping for a shot off the upper right flipper?

#14107 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

exactly!

#14108 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This.

It was a deliberate choice of the design team not to say "Jackpot" to the player -- part of the immersion of the game. There are other audio/video/lighting cues to let you know that you've done something good.

#14109 10 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

This.
It was a deliberate choice of the design team not to say "Jackpot" to the player -- part of the immersion of the game. There are other audio/video/lighting cues to let you know that you've done something good.

That’s absolutely badass. Those are some of the real creative touches that set this game apart

#14110 10 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Yep - with multiball being so chaotic I wait to her the pops going off then try and keep one eye on the ball rolling out to the upper right flipper. I actually find that shot harder than the hypersleep ramp.

#14111 10 months ago

Curious if anybody has made adjustments on the pops? Mine just … I’m lucky if I get ONE hit off the group. I’ve adjusted the spoons but I’m thinking I may need to increase the power; just curious if there’s something I’m overlooking

#14112 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Curious if anybody has made adjustments on the pops? Mine just … I’m lucky if I get ONE hit off the group. I’ve adjusted the spoons but I’m thinking I may need to increase the power; just curious if there’s something I’m overlooking

Lower the playfield slope?

#14113 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I've always had mine on max power to get any decent pop bumper action.

#14114 10 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I found that my leaf switches were the issue - not power levels. I did bump the power up to 20%, but the key is ensuring the leaf contacts are as close as possible without just going off randomly.

#14115 10 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Exactly. I was about to say the super jackpot call out on this machine is probably the coolest thing I've ever heard in. Pinball when i hit that I feel like a monster

#14116 10 months ago

Yeah, I don't know about anybody else but I find hitting that chest burster shot extremely difficult from the lower flippers. The upper flipper blocks it so well, that usually I just try to send it around the orbit. It's hittable from the left upper flipper(after I upped the power) but that's it. I wish that shot was more makeable from the bottom, but it's honestly one of the hardest shots I've ever seen from down there.

There's so much going on on those upper shots that it just adds to the difficulty of the game that you basically have to hope it comes around from the pops to get a shot up there. That can either be a positive or a negative depending on how you look at it.

#14117 10 months ago
Quoted from Itglows:

Yeah, I don't know about anybody else but I find hitting that chest burster shot extremely difficult from the lower flippers. The upper flipper blocks it so well, that usually I just try to send it around the orbit. It's hittable from the left upper flipper(after I upped the power) but that's it. I wish that shot was more makeable from the bottom, but it's honestly one of the hardest shots I've ever seen from down there.
There's so much going on on those upper shots that it just adds to the difficulty of the game that you basically have to hope it comes around from the pops to get a shot up there. That can either be a positive or a negative depending on how you look at it.

I think thats the point. You have to get the ball to the upper left flipper to make the shot. Its a good challenge IMHO

#14118 10 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

I found that my leaf switches were the issue - not power levels. I did bump the power up to 20%, but the key is ensuring the leaf contacts are as close as possible without just going off randomly.

Thanks for that - I have adjusted the pops to make sure the spoon and stick are aligned but did not think to check the leaf switches. And as luck would have it, I just found a random leaf adjustment tool in the bottom of a bag…

#14119 10 months ago
Quoted from Itglows:

I was playing last night and had a chance to get the shot twice. It was a lot of work lol
On the first try my ball was so fast that it did nkt register the shot…. Annoying eddy switches….

#14120 10 months ago

Any new mods out lately? I have the awesome apron and beacon package,the tracker mod for my SV.
Any other goodies I might have missed recently?

#14121 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Any new mods out lately? I have the awesome apron and beacon package,the tracker mod for my SV.

I am planning some still in very early stages of brainstorming and else.

#14122 10 months ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

My version of beacon mod by Zablon . My version uses a light detector circuit with a bs170 mosfet. Sensitivity adjustment with 100K pot. Probably work with a pot between 20-100K. I initially used a 10K and it still lets enough voltage to barely activate the beacons.

question, on the topic of beacons and mods.... Can someone point me in the right direction? I would like to get these or smaller ones.
Alternatively, is this mod still being made?

thanks

#14123 10 months ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

So I’m having the issue with multi ball. If I get an add a ball on the last ball still in play the game thinks all of them have drained, and kills the flippers for end of ball. This only happens when I get the add a ball during multi ball. So I’m thinking it’s a through issue, but in test it works fine

Any ideas on this ??

#14124 10 months ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

Any ideas on this ??

i get add a ball during multiball and it works fine for me

#14125 10 months ago

question, on the topic of beacons and mods.... Can someone point me in the right direction? I would like to get these or smaller ones.
Alternatively, is this mod still being made?
thanks

We still offer our version, it’s made on demand so reach out if you want a set.

https://lermods.com/products/alien-pinball-sv-interactive-alien-beacons

#14126 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The facehugger stasis chamber is pretty cool .Not sure if they’re still making them but there’s a thread for it .I painted mine .

IMG_6349 (resized).pngIMG_6349 (resized).pngIMG_6350 (resized).pngIMG_6350 (resized).png
#14127 10 months ago

I was playing last night and had a chance to get the shot twice. It was a lot of work lol
On the first try my ball was so fast that it did nkt register the shot…. Annoying eddy switches….

Yeah I'd say 1/4 or 1/5 of shots are just too fast to register on that upper shot. I've checked my switches they're working the ball just flies through too fast sometimes. I might try to put something in the back of that loop to maybe slow the ball down just a little bit. It's a tough shot anyway and it can be discouraging when it doesn't register, especially if it's for a super jackpot or something

#14128 10 months ago
Quoted from Itglows:

Yeah I'd say 1/4 or 1/5 of shots are just too fast to register on that upper shot. I've checked my switches they're working the ball just flies through too fast sometimes. I might try to put something in the back of that loop to maybe slow the ball down just a little bit. It's a tough shot anyway and it can be discouraging when it doesn't register, especially if it's for a super jackpot or something

Agreed.
I am not if it is speed or the ball going slightly airborne on a fast sharp turn.
If it is airborne I am sure the switch will miss it.

#14129 10 months ago
Quoted from Itglows:

a little felt from velcro maybe? i have a tiny peice in my warp ramp shot on Star trek, nerfed the speed just enough.

#14130 10 months ago

I finally got my SV home and setup in my pinball room. I purchased it at the Golden State Pinball Festival a couple of weeks ago, and it has been stashed at a friends house where we used it for a league night.

Unfortunately not all is well with my SV. During league night it reset a couple of times during game play. When it resets, the game goes dark, and fully reboots. I suspected the issue may be EM interference related, as had noticed that the start button flickers during game play. So I went through the post here related to EM issues, and only found 1 data cable that needed to be re-routed. I think most of the cabling issues were addressed at the factory because I have a 1/21 build.

Tonight after about 5 games it started doing it in my game room as well. So Ive opened a ticket with PB, but I know my game is out of warranty. Does anyone have any pointers as to what to look for to try to get a handle on EM issues with this game?

Another thing I noticed this evening is that i have a broken plastic between the left ramp and the sleep chamber ramp. Does anyone have one of these they might be willing to sell?

Also I have two weapons switches that the LEDs are out on. Free-Play.se shows these as out of stock. Does anyone know when these might be available again?

#14131 10 months ago

Sounds more like a power issue. Do you have any mods connected to the game‘s internal power?

#14132 10 months ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Sounds more like a power issue. Do you have any mods connected to the game‘s internal power?

Exactly. Make sure no USB LEDs strips are plugged into the computer in the backbox.

#14133 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Exactly. Make sure no USB LEDs strips are plugged into the computer in the backbox.

I think the previous owner did connect a led strip to a usb port. I’ll remove it. Thanks

#14134 10 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I think the previous owner did connect a led strip to a usb port. I’ll remove it. Thanks

That will be your issue then.

#14135 10 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

That will be your issue then.

Yes, I think it was. i just played 5 games straight with no issues. For the first time I got to self destruct on the Alien side. I haven't GC'd the game yet, but I'm getting close.

#14136 10 months ago

Has anyone sourced a replacement for the connectors on the switches? I'd like to get some to try a rev b switch upgrade. Thanks

#14137 10 months ago

Have a single lamp out on the facehugger symbol for the left kick out/mother shot. Can this be fixed somehow or does the whole board underneath need to be replaced?

#14138 10 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Have a single lamp out on the facehugger symbol for the left kick out/mother shot. Can this be fixed somehow or does the whole board underneath need to be replaced?

It can be repaired by anyone with surface mount skills. I'd file a ticket first and see what PB can do

#14139 10 months ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

It can be repaired by anyone with surface mount skills. I'd file a ticket first and see what PB can do

I have a dumb question about this. I've seen many a video regarding reflowing SMD's, but are they using a type of solder that has a low melt point? Seems half the time they are doing stuff with hot air guns.

#14140 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I have a dumb question about this. I've seen many a video regarding reflowing SMD's, but are they using a type of solder that has a low melt point? Seems half the time they are doing stuff with hot air guns.

If they are using a hot air tool yes. It is solder for this purpose. Not exactly a low melting point but more like a very precise temp / melting point.
It activates quickly and pulls tbe component into place without overheating it.
Too much hot air for too long will cook both the board and the component.

#14141 10 months ago

Smd pcbs are often populated after a template with solder paste has been used. Then thr board is cooked in a oven for this purpose, all the components are soldered at once.
The same paste is often used for rework.

I find hot air challenging to do without proper equipment. I am still learning about it.
Prefer Through Hole board systems for anything pinball.

#14142 10 months ago

Smd pcbs are often populated after a template with solder paste has been used. Then thr board is cooked in a oven for this purpose, all the components are soldered at once.
The same paste is often used for rework.
I find hot air challenging to do without proper equipment. I am still learning about it.
Prefer Through Hole board systems for anything pinball.

With the way everything is going, this is something we are all going to need to update our skillset/toolset to handle. I get why they do it, but it's certainly not forward thinking.

#14143 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

With the way everything is going, this is something we are all going to need to update our skillset/toolset to handle. I get why they do it, but it's certainly not forward thinking.

https://www.amazon.com/YIHUA-Soldering-Conversion-Temperature-Correction/dp/B07SCPZJYS/ref=pd_ci_mcx_mh_ci_mcx_mr_mp_d_2

1 of these in my future?

#14144 10 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

One of the main reasons for surface mount is layout. With through hole you have a junction all the way through the board limiting where you can run your traces. With surface mount and multi layer boards this removes that restriction enabling boards to be significantly reduced in size. The more layers the more surface area to run your connections.

FWIW this is by no means a new concept. I reworked surface mount computer boards in the 1980s.

#14145 10 months ago

Anyone in here own a WOZ?

#14146 10 months ago

Yes

#14147 10 months ago
Quoted from 03whtlightning:

Anyone in here own a WOZ?

I miss that game .Was our first .The 7.5 lights are the ones to get .Can’t believe I sold the game with an extra set ,should’ve kept just in case

IMG_9283 (resized).jpegIMG_9283 (resized).jpeg
#14148 10 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I miss that game .Was our first .The 7.5 lights are the ones to get .Can’t believe I sold the game with an extra set ,should’ve kept just in case
[quoted image]

2.0 lights are the ones to get. I held out until I found one that came with 2.0 and I’m glad I did. I know some people never have a problem but those who do really suffer an ordeal to change them out to 2.0. Excellent game though. Still love mine.

#14149 10 months ago

So I figured out that my reset problems were related to the previous owner using on of the USB ports on the computer in the head to run some light strips. Now I am trying to figure out how to setup an independent power supply for the lights that can be switched on and off with the machine. How are other powering their mods and accessories in this game?

#14150 10 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

So I figured out that my reset problems were related to the previous owner using on of the USB ports on the computer in the head to run some light strips. Now I am trying to figure out how to setup an independent power supply for the lights that can be switched on and off with the machine. How are other powering their mods and accessories in this game?

Many refuse to post helpful videos because they're afraid of a bunch of trolls coming in and attacking them for some small detail. Quite frankly, I don't give a crap.

Here's how you install an external power supply to light LED strips.

Also, I have tried to warn many times in here about using USB ports for LED strips... always with responses from other people stating that there is nothing wrong with doing this. I say again... don't use USB ports for LED strips. Even if it appears to work, it just isn't worth it. Do it the right way.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/283 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.