100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 377.
#14051 11 months ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

This is unbelievable Kevin, where did you get that tracker MOD?

I can’t remember his name but I’ll find out and get back

#14052 11 months ago
Quoted from Nyraiderfan:

This is unbelievable Kevin, where did you get that tracker MOD?

Vimtoman and here’s his thread .

IMG_5701 (resized).pngIMG_5701 (resized).pngIMG_5702 (resized).pngIMG_5702 (resized).png
#14053 11 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

What are you adjusting?

You would be adjusting the angle/curve of the ball guide. The last 5 inches have 2 screws holding it down and it has room to be adjuated.
Remove the screws and gently adjust/bend the guide by hand (it is really soft metal).

Trick is giving it enough angle while not touching the ball target or in your case sending it sdtm.

#14054 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Crazy talk.
Every game is better with a shaker. So long as it's well written code for it.

I have shaker in all my games and like some way more than others but alien has plenty of bass and shake and I don’t trust the boards! But if it’s coded well I am sure it’ adds something!

#14055 11 months ago

My Right Ramp Opto not working- test mode says it is “active” when it should be inactive.

Balls rolled through it do not register a letter in “SHIP”

And tips on solving this?

IMG_4364 (resized).jpegIMG_4364 (resized).jpegIMG_4365 (resized).jpegIMG_4365 (resized).jpeg
#14056 11 months ago

My Right Ramp Opto not working- test mode says it is “active” when it should be inactive.

Sounds like either the transmitter or receiver part of the OPTO isn't working. Check for broken wires/loose connectors. Some cameras can "see" opto transmitters, so maybe use your phone's camera to check the transmitter.

#14057 11 months ago

Balls rolled through it do not register a letter in “SHIP”
And tips on solving this?[quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from Eric_S:

Sounds like either the transmitter or receiver part of the OPTO isn't working. Check for broken wires/loose connectors. Some cameras can "see" opto transmitters, so maybe use your phone's camera to check the transmitter.

Bingo!

found a broken wire from prior owner’s repair coming undone…will tackle fixinf this next weekend!

70639745195__ABAA75F7-AC93-499A-A020-DED85B1D21F8 (resized).jpeg70639745195__ABAA75F7-AC93-499A-A020-DED85B1D21F8 (resized).jpeg
#14058 11 months ago

My SV just spent the weekend at Golden State Pinball Festival and came through after a great showing. The game was played constantly and I'd estimate 400-600 games. Only 2 issues: 1. broken wire on the left sling and 1 stuck ball.

A bonus: is got a sheet of blemished (I can't see it) invissiglass for $150. It looks amazing!

#14059 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

My SV just spent the weekend at Golden State Pinball Festival and came through after a great showing. The game was played constantly and I'd estimate 400-600 games. Only 2 issues: 1. broken wire on the left sling and 1 stuck ball.
A bonus: is got a sheet of blemished (I can't see it) invissiglass for $150. It looks amazing!

I purchased my SV used this weekend at the GSPF. It was in the main hall next to cheddar’s machine. I’m a tech who works the show floor, so I’m pretty aware of problem games. It was pretty much played constantly over the course of 3 days. The only issue my SV had was once a day it would go into a game code restart loop. I had to do a hard reboot and the machine would work fine the rest of the day.

The game isn’t even unloaded yet, and we’re already planning on using it for our local tournament later this week.

#14060 11 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I purchased my SV used this weekend at the GSPF. It was in the main hall next to cheddar’s machine. I’m a tech who works the show floor, so I’m pretty aware of problem games. It was pretty much played constantly over the course of 3 days. The only issue my SV had was once a day it would go into a game code restart loop. I had to do a hard reboot and the machine would work fine the rest of the day.
The game isn’t even unloaded yet, and we’re already planning on using it for our local tournament later this week.

Is it up to the latest code John?

Haven't heard that one before.

#14061 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

Is it up to the latest code John?
Haven't heard that one before.

I'm pretty sure the code is not up to date. That will be on my list of things to do when I get it home.

#14062 11 months ago

The last couple code updates have fixed many issues. Do the firmware and the software updates.

#14063 11 months ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I loved having 2 alien side by side at the show 2 years in a row

#14064 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I liked it when they were in my lounge room.

alien3 (resized).jpgalien3 (resized).jpg

#14065 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Vimtoman and here’s his thread .

Thanks Kevin,
Andrew had already reached out.

#14066 11 months ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Well hopefully I will be able to bring it back next year and we can make it 3.

#14067 11 months ago

Does anyone make an Aliens backglass or just Alien?

#14068 11 months ago

K Savage in Brisbane was making them, but i don't know if he still is.

Dunno what his handle is here, he has me blocked.

#14069 11 months ago

This one ? I’ll look and see if I can find him .I’ll get back here later if ai find his handle .

IMG_5372 (resized).pngIMG_5372 (resized).png
#14070 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

This one ? I’ll look and see if I can find him .I’ll get back here later if ai find his handle .
[quoted image]

That was on the Alien next to mine at the show and was amazing looking

#14071 11 months ago

Kurt's translites are amazing for Alien - everyone who sees mine comments on how cool it looks.

I keep swapping Kurts and the factory one back and forth every once in a while because I love the artwork on the factory one too.

Also one thing I really, really like about the factory one is the way the attract mode video blends in with the translite - that is such a subtle but nice effect from PB.

#14072 11 months ago

Anyone who uses external subs can help me troubleshoot?

Alien SV connected to Polk 10 external sub. Both powered off, turn both on via smart outlet. Both power up. Start game, no sound in pin or sub. Turn off Pin and Sub, Disconnect sub, turn pin back on. Have sound on Pin. Connect pin to sub, turn on sub, have working subwoofer. Strangest thing.. No shorts. no setting adjustments. I have a ticket with Pbros open and i understand this is very very low priority and just a super vain nice to have and truthfully, ill just leave it disconnected if no resolve is found, but it is a challenge to me now and figured i would ask if anyone experienced this before.

Thanks.

#14073 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Anyone who uses external subs can help me troubleshoot?
Alien SV connected to Polk 10 external sub. Both powered off, turn both on via smart outlet. Both power up. Start game, no sound in pin or sub. Turn off Pin and Sub, Disconnect sub, turn pin back on. Have sound on Pin. Connect pin to sub, turn on sub, have working subwoofer. Strangest thing.. No shorts. no setting adjustments. I have a ticket with Pbros open and i understand this is very very low priority and just a super vain nice to have and truthfully, ill just leave it disconnected if no resolve is found, but it is a challenge to me now and figured i would ask if anyone experienced this before.
Thanks.

Not sure what you got going on. I have the same set up but I use a Pinsubwoofer kit.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit

How do you have it wired?

#14074 11 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Not sure what you got going on. I have the same set up but I use a Pinsubwoofer kit.
https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsub-multi-system-kit
How do you have it wired?

Not using the kit, clipped into connectors and ran line out.. i did order the universal kit.. so maybe that is it?

#14075 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Not using the kit, clipped into connectors and ran line out.. i did order the universal kit.. so maybe that is it?

maybe something about your wiring is blowing the temporary safety circuit on the amp. That's what your description sounds like.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14076 11 months ago
Quoted from punkin:

The last couple code updates have fixed many issues. Do the firmware and the software updates.

I did the updates last night. Today it will be played as part of the last round of our our local pinball league. Hopefully it will hold up without resetting.

On another note, I fixed a broken switch in the machine last night. The connector had come unsoldered at the board, and was only held in place by the double sided tape under the connector plug. I put a small amount of flux on the connector, and reflowed the pads. The switch now works property and lights up as expected. It's the first time Ive dealt with switches with LEDs built into them. It's a pretty innovative idea.

#14077 11 months ago

Add one to the "had a Heighway version and sold it due to its instability/reliability but couldn't stay away from this game since it's so fun and had to acquire a Pinball Brothers version" group.

I miss the amp that was in the Heighway version--I'm going to have to do something to bring back the amazing sound. It's ok now, but what's the go-to solution for optimal sound on Alien? I have a powered subwoofer I could use but available outlet space nearby is low. I feel like this LCD screen looks sharper than Heighway's main screen and I really don't miss the playfield screen. Mine was super scratched up and probably needed mylar or something like that from the start.

I'm sure this has been asked a lot but are there any coil strength recommendations? I played the game several times at default settings, and bumped up the pop bumpers slightly, the main flippers 25% and the upper flippers maybe 10%, turned LED brightness all the way up which helps slightly for the playfield darkness. I read a few key posts and the past 20+ pages here to try to get up to speed on stuff. My drop targets were resetting only occasionally, but a key post showed that is solved by moving wires away from the coils--so that seems fixed.

Game play-wise, I missed having this game. Tell me a better mode combo for creating a mood than Ambush multiball and Sentry Gun (whatever that mode is called). I've been over on the Halloween thread from the start telling those guys to look at Alien when trying to create immersive modes. I think they have an Alien now too.

#14078 11 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Add one to the "had a Heighway version and sold it due to its instability/reliability but couldn't stay away from this game since it's so fun and had to acquire a Pinball Brothers version" group.
I miss the amp that was in the Heighway version--I'm going to have to do something to bring back the amazing sound. It's ok now, but what's the go-to solution for optimal sound on Alien? I have a powered subwoofer I could use but available outlet space nearby is low. I feel like this LCD screen looks sharper than Heighway's main screen and I really don't miss the playfield screen. Mine was super scratched up and probably needed mylar or something like that from the start.
I'm sure this has been asked a lot but are there any coil strength recommendations? I played the game several times at default settings, and bumped up the pop bumpers slightly, the main flippers 25% and the upper flippers maybe 10%, turned LED brightness all the way up which helps slightly for the playfield darkness. I read a few key posts and the past 20+ pages here to try to get up to speed on stuff. My drop targets were resetting only occasionally, but a key post showed that is solved by moving wires away from the coils--so that seems fixed.
Game play-wise, I missed having this game. Tell me a better mode combo for creating a mood than Ambush multiball and Sentry Gun (whatever that mode is called). I've been over on the Halloween thread from the start telling those guys to look at Alien when trying to create immersive modes. I think they have an Alien now too.

I have a HWN and love it, but you are absolutely right about the Alien modes being so immersive. And they are fast to get you immersed, it’s quite impressive. Alien is a relatively slow movie as is Halloween, but the approaches taken for the games vary dramatically. Hope they took you up on your suggestion!

#14079 11 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I miss the amp that was in the Heighway version--I'm going to have to do something to bring back the amazing sound. It's ok now, but what's the go-to solution for optimal sound on Alien?

I've been really impressed by the sound on the PinballBros Alien, so now I'm really curious, what did Heighway do better with their audio setup?

#14080 11 months ago

From what I've read Heighway has stock mega bass in their alien. In my PB alien I've got a powered sub and in my opinion that's a must have mod that compliments the sound design.

#14081 11 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

From what I've read Heighway has stock mega bass in their alien. In my PB alien I've got a powered sub and in my opinion that's a must have mod that compliments the sound design.

I just bought a sub for it. Haven't unboxed and connected it yet.

#14082 11 months ago

I have been playing a lot of Alien for the last few weeks but today went back and forth between Alien and some of my modern Sterns for a little bit....
It made me realize how bad the stock speakers on pro and premiums are... lol I mean it is ok, I can live with them, but the sound system is nice on this machine (LV model for me).

Anybody here has LV87? looks like I have the wrong certificate, mine is Lv81...maybe 87 got 81 ...???

#14083 11 months ago
Quoted from driph:

I've been really impressed by the sound on the PinballBros Alien, so now I'm really curious, what did Heighway do better with their audio setup?

I'm not an audiophile, but it had an amp that looks similar to the amp in Halloween. I'll connect a powered sub for now because that usually is a noticeable improvement.

#14084 11 months ago

Been having a lot of issues with the main screen not coming up lately. Any ideas?

#14085 11 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Been having a lot of issues with the main screen not coming up lately. Any ideas?

is the HDMI cable connected properly?
I would probably start by checking the connections under the main board, if you tilt the head forward they will all come visible. HDMI connector should be there.
I have not disassembled the head any further yet, I am not sure if there is a connector on the opposite end but the signal is coming from the computer so it is likely that the cable is unplugged or lose.

#14086 11 months ago

Now that I think of it , I’ve never toyed with the sound settings on our LV .It’s the best stock sound I’ve ever had on any pin .I would try a external sub though and wondering if there’s a good splitter to use it amongst 4 pins .95% of the time we only have 1 on so I would like to spend some $$ on a real good one to share .

#14087 11 months ago

I don't use the subs i have here that i used to. I just go straight to Pinwoofer and talk to Dan. It's a much better solution, the sound is just as good and it's all connected and part of the machine.

Not sure if they have a kit developed for this title or not, but it's the best solution i've found.

Dan is incredibly responsive and if he hasn't got a solution he'll make one i reckon.

#14088 11 months ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

i had that happen.. i just reinstalled the code again, fixed it.

#14089 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i had that happen.. i just reinstalled the code again, fixed it.

Is there a written procedure somewhere on how to do that?

New owner (got an LV second-hand; LV981. Had it for a week now.), and right now that seems to be the most nagging problem at this point.

Absolutely LOVE the gameplay on this BTW.

#14090 11 months ago

So I’m having the issue with multi ball. If I get an add a ball on the last ball still in play the game thinks all of them have drained, and kills the flippers for end of ball. This only happens when I get the add a ball during multi ball. So I’m thinking it’s a through issue, but in test it works fine

#14091 11 months ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Is there a written procedure somewhere on how to do that?
New owner (got an LV second-hand; LV981. Had it for a week now.), and right now that seems to be the most nagging problem at this point.
Absolutely LOVE the gameplay on this BTW.

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80001061462-alien-delta-game-update-3-2-

start here...

#14092 11 months ago

I guess I'm going to try to put some felt on the inside of the airlock kick out. It's kicking right off the left sling and it's so unpredictable. The power level of the coil doesn't seem to affect it much . I get so many drains and it just ruins the game so many times. The game is already pretty brutal. I've tried adjusting the scoop with some pliers but even with my full strength doesn't seem to have any effect. Unscrewed it underneath and try to adjust it but still doing the exact same thing.

#14093 11 months ago
Quoted from Itglows:

I guess I'm going to try to put some felt on the inside of the airlock kick out. It's kicking right off the left sling and it's so unpredictable. The power level of the coil doesn't seem to affect it much . I get so many drains and it just ruins the game so many times. The game is already pretty brutal. I've tried adjusting the scoop with some pliers but even with my full strength doesn't seem to have any effect. Unscrewed it underneath and try to adjust it but still doing the exact same thing.

Contaxct support and they will explain how to adjust the scoop.

#14094 11 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Contaxct support and they will explain how to adjust the scoop.

This before your stick the felt on .They’re incredibly quick responding .

#14095 11 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:Contaxct support and they will explain how to adjust the scoop.

I've already contacted them. They're suggestions were to turn down the power, or to try to bend the scoop with some pliers. If that failed, try to unscrew it from below and adjust it. None of those has made any difference

Quoted from Kkoss24:

This before your stick the felt on .They’re incredibly quick responding .

#14096 11 months ago
Quoted from Itglows:

I've already contacted them. They're suggestions were to turn down the power, or to try to bend the scoop with some pliers. If that failed, try to unscrew it from below and adjust it. None of those has made any difference

The turn down coil and plier combo works.. you just have to make minor adjustments. You may want to also look that that plunger tip in the kick out. Some have a small burr dead center that causes incosistent ejects. You can sand it smooth and improve it a bit.

#14097 11 months ago
Quoted from Itglows:

+1 bending definitely works. Similar issue to the VUK on Elvira HOH.
the roof of the scoop will deflect according to the angle on that piece of metal.
As mentioned go slow, small adjustment make big changes. make sure to tape and mask all metal before getting at it with pliers a protect surrounding areas to prevent any dings.

#14098 11 months ago

I had to bend on GnR because the holes were drilled in the wrong position .I took the scoop out and screwed it to a board so didn’t damage the playfield .Put painters tape on scoop and twist downward and to the side you want it heading .You can really give it a go with it out of the game .
I’d ask for a new scoop though to have as a backup .

#14099 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I had to bend on GnR because the holes were drilled in the wrong position .I took the scoop out and screwed it to a board so didn’t damage the playfield .Put painters tape on scoop and twist downward and to the side you want it heading .You can really give it a go with it out of the game .
I’d ask for a new scoop though to have as a backup .

Note to PB support and the power that be that we know read this thread

only issue I have with this game is the weak hold settings for the flippers. Unfortunately, this system needs a little more tuning on the coil side, including fine tuning flippers.

I get a lot of rejects (balls flying off the ramp) from the right ramp and support suggested to reduce coil power on the left flipper, which I did. This then affected the holding power (and the overall joy of shooting the right orbit, I can still make it but the shot is now weaker)... please read below:

The holding issue was partially solved by pumping up the hold value to the max which is 25%, no other setting is allowed, less than this and hold power fails on balls off the scoop. The scoop is strong enough to still partially bend the flipper even when I select 25% hold. Upping the flipper power reintroduces ramps rejection.
The rejects/balls off the right ramp still happen but to a lesser degree, but they still happen when reducing flipper power (off the left flipper).
NOTE: this would be solved by changing the ramp design and enclosing the first turn, thus keeping the ball on the wireform before the first turn.

I would like to enjoy full flipper power and not a -20% o the right and -30% on the left side, or at least most of it. I would like the scoop settings to do something (they do not), -50 +50 sin coil setting does not affect the scoop power in my game.

Granted I can further eliminate right ramp rejects by further reducing flipper power, but that makes the game feel like a pinball machine from 1970. Not the experience I want.

Supports wants me to shoot some videos to send them and show how the scoop power is not changing when making setup changes. it is quite difficult to do this in a short time considering their requirements (full pf shot, with a previous shot of screen/settings to confirm value and all has to be under 20MB file).... Need help to do this and I honestly forgot to get around it. Will try to do this sometime.

Anyways, hoping PB dives again into the systems firmware and code to allow for the installation of EOS switches, while also making a better integration of the coil settings (they are separated on 2 different menus now) and allow for the fine tuning of hold and better hold settings with or without a EOS switch.

Other than this, and the occasional ball bounce onto the through. It has been a very smooth experience otherwise and all other system bugs have been solved I think (I can be wrong here since I only owned this for a little over 1 month).

Support has been great when I run into questions and were helpful.
Thanks!

#14100 11 months ago

New owner… are there no jackpot / super jackpot callouts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 282 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/282 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.