100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 377.
#14001 11 months ago

The tracker mod by the shooter lane is separate .

9250288D-F9ED-459A-8395-82BEA1044756 (resized).jpeg9250288D-F9ED-459A-8395-82BEA1044756 (resized).jpeg
#14002 11 months ago

When shooting the left orbit I see the upper left post coming up as the ball exits the orbit.
Not sure what the point of this is?

Righy orbit would sometimes use the same posts to send the ball to the pops when needed.

All posts mechs are working fine with no mechanical binding or else, all very smooth.

Mostly curious about the left post coming up when shooting the left orbit.

#14003 11 months ago

Another question:

Has anyone adjusted flipper pull and hold duty?
Have hold duty at 25% or it otherwise gets overpowered by the a ball coming off the scoop.

Reducing scoop power does nothing even at 50%.

#14004 11 months ago

How are the switches on standup targets holding up? Still thinking about buying an Alien, but freaked out by quality issues

#14005 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

How are the switches on standup targets holding up? Still thinking about buying an Alien, but freaked out by quality issues

I have an early model and they're holding up fine. I have rev 1 switches and while they are leaning a little bit they still register. I think after golden state this weekend I'll straighten them out.

#14006 11 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

When shooting the left orbit I see the upper left post coming up as the ball exits the orbit.
Not sure what the point of this is?
Righy orbit would sometimes use the same posts to send the ball to the pops when needed.
All posts mechs are working fine with no mechanical binding or else, all very smooth.
Mostly curious about the left post coming up when shooting the left orbit.

replying to myself in case someone needed to see this.

Noticed that the pop up post assemblies on these machines do not have a rubber boot. Not sure why, maybe is not needed BUT the reason why one of my posts was not coming up was because it is magnetized to the base when energized (no rubber boot).

Just posting here to see if this is common on all of these games or maybe I just got an older gen assy in my 2022 made game.

No complaints with build quality on my end, I am really liking the game. Sure there is pooling in the PF (which I have been diligent at stopping) and there was A TON of dial-in to do to make it play well, but once you get there the game is just fantastic. I can see this becoming a favourite. Glad I got it home.

I submitted a ticket to PB to discuss the POSt and see what they say. Here is a Stern assy for reference.

IMG_1453 (resized).jpegIMG_1453 (resized).jpeg
#14007 11 months ago

Noticed that the pop up post assemblies on these machines do not have a rubber boot. Not sure why, maybe is not needed BUT the reason why one of my posts was not coming up was because it is magnetized to the base when energized (no rubber boot).
Just posting here to see if this is common on all of these games or maybe I just got an older gen assy in my 2022 made game.
No complaints with build quality on my end, I am really liking the game. Sure there is pooling in the PF (which I have been diligent at stopping) and there was A TON of dial-in to do to make it play well, but once you get there the game is just fantastic. I can see this becoming a favourite. Glad I got it home.
I submitted a ticket to PB to discuss the POSt and see what they say. Here is a Stern assy for reference.[quoted image]

I am going to check mine today for sure... thank you.

#14008 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I have an early game and haven't had any issues with quality.

#14009 11 months ago

I have binding left and right up post mechs and the sleeves are to blame (normal wear and tear, not a defect). Does anyone have a pinlife or marco replacement part number for these? Thank you.

#14010 11 months ago

I have a July 22 build SV- I have had very few issues with mine and it gets a lot of play- My targets bent a little (not uncommon) just bent them back- Software no issues- I did precision flippers -

#14011 11 months ago

I submitted a ticket to PB to discuss the POSt and see what they say. Here is a Stern assy for reference.[quoted image]

My orbit posts didn't work as designed and it was because they were magnetized. Took me a few months of ownership before I realized that that it hadn't functioned correctly at all. Really changed the gameplay once the posts would activate and drop the ball down into the pops as intended. They just sent me a new mechanism (2 of them actually) and it solved the problem.

#14012 11 months ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

My orbit posts didn't work as designed and it was because they were magnetized. Took me a few months of ownership before I realized that that it hadn't functioned correctly at all. Really changed the gameplay once the posts would activate and drop the ball down into the pops as intended. They just sent me a new mechanism (2 of them actually) and it solved the problem.

Yeah that is the problem I have. I think that shortening the rod could prevent this.
They are sending me a new post (which I will likely be shortening) and that is it. Hope that solves it.

#14013 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

mine have been fine. No issues at all and I’ve got around 300 plays.

#14014 11 months ago

hey guys I bought a PB alien apron thinking one day I would trade in my heighway for a PB alien, but I never did
If anyone interested please PM me
I dont know how much I should be asking
Comes with a bunch of wiring
thanks
IMG_7677 (resized).JPEGIMG_7677 (resized).JPEG

#14015 11 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

hey guys I bought a PB alien apron thinking one day I would trade in my heighway for a PB alien, but I never did
If anyone interested please PM me
I dont know how much I should be asking
Comes with a bunch of wiring
thanks
[quoted image]

just sent you a PM

#14016 11 months ago

Just broke a sling plastic (first on any game, ever). Is PBB selling them? What's a quality plastic protector set for ALIEN?

Thanks

#14017 11 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Just broke a sling plastic (first on any game, ever). Is PBB selling them? What's a quality plastic protector set for ALIEN?
Thanks

get some big washers and install them under the plastic next time like Stern uses .I found out the hard way also .

#14018 11 months ago

Use the clear ones, they look 10x better.

#14019 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

get some big washers and install them under the plastic next time like Stern uses .I found out the hard way also .

Good idea. Are the 7/8" Stern-sized washers sized right for Alien plastics?

#14020 11 months ago

I hope we can buy parts in the US soon. I broke both my sling plastics. Shipping from over seas is $$!!!

#14021 11 months ago
Quoted from driph:

Good idea. Are the 7/8" Stern-sized washers sized right for Alien plastics?

I just grabbed washers from the hardware store .I grabbed an assortment .I believe they’re the same size as the ones used to hold the flippers in but I would get as big as can while still hidden under .Never thought of the clear ones ,that’s a good idea but in Alien the washers do not show through the plastic so I’d go with metal for more stability .

#14022 11 months ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

I hope we can buy parts in the US soon. I broke both my sling plastics. Shipping from over seas is $$!!!

You can , contact Shawn at Pinball Brothers .He’s in charge of the US shop in PA I believe .

#14023 11 months ago

Best person I’ve ever dealt with in customer service period !

#14024 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Best person I’ve ever dealt with in customer service period !

+1
Shawn and Andrea have been great to deal with.

#14025 11 months ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

I am going to check mine today for sure... thank you.

I went ahead and modified the posts. Cut off wheel made it easy.

It seems like by making the posts 1/8" shorter is enough to lift them up rather than magnetizing the base.

I tested it last night quite a bit and it seems to work quite well now. If this mod fails the only other option is adding the spindle/stop that stern uses but this is a 10-32 bolt so the assy would need to be drilled and tapped. Not very hard but just more work than I want to do for this.

I will update this if my mod fails but I suspect it should be ok.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14026 11 months ago

Yes Shawn is very helpful- He sent me a new post when mine snapped- Also had a small issue with Xeno tongue- THe support from him is second to none- I have had very few issues with my Alien SV- probably have around 800ish plays on it. Such a great game and a massive change of pace from Sterns (which I love) but its fun to go from Godzilla to Alien- two different worlds-

#14027 11 months ago

I went ahead and modified the posts. Cut off wheel made it easy.
It seems like by making the posts 1/8" shorter is enough to lift them up rather than magnetizing the base.
I tested it last night quite a bit and it seems to work quite well now. If this mod fails the only other option is adding the spindle/stop that stern uses but this is a 10-32 bolt so the assy would need to be drilled and tapped. Not very hard but just more work than I want to do for this.
I will update this if my mod fails but I suspect it should be ok.

I found out that mine were not magnetized but had some small burrs where the black post meets shiny post and scuffed up the flanged coil sleeve. I was able to have the post bind when manipulating by hand. I removed both, sanded and polished the posts, and reinstalled. They work fine with the damaged sleeves but I ordered new sleeves and when they come in will be golden. First game with repaired posts, 600Million.. last 2 months or so - barley cracked 100mm and it was a struggle. Posts do mean something in this game!! I recognied this as i had 10x bonus and said to myself, "i cannot remember when i had this last"...serious. Check your up posts as part of your regular maintenance.

#14028 11 months ago

I just had conversations with Shawn. If you need parts, plastics, etc, fill out a ticket. They are starting to stock pile a warehouse in PA and might have the parts in stock. It would not be international shipping then ( cheaper). Ask for Shawn. He's a lot of help.

#14029 11 months ago

I just want to add my two cents about Pinball Brothers' customer service and Shawn specifically.

My SV had issues with both control boxes. I am the second owner. Shawn went out of his way to find the problem and fix it. Although it took almost two months (due to part shortage), Shawn always answered emails promptly and tried a variety of things to solve the problem. in the end both control boxes were replaced.

Pinballs break down...that is their nature. Knowing that a company stands behind its product and goes the extra mile to support it, is really important because let's face it, these are very expensive toys.

Thank you again Shawn.....

Maurizio

#14030 11 months ago

I'd also like to chime in and say the level of support and service I've had on this machine is outstanding, both from Shawn and Andrea. Always respond quickly, and always helpful (ie, not just responding with some arbitrary answer to buy some time).

When my controller box went out, Andrea suggested a Skype call, and when I wasn't immediately available, he made a video overnight of what to check and how to do it. Also whenever I've had parts sent to me from PB it has always come via DHL express and arrives within days, not weeks - even out here in Australia. Such fantastic service - nothing but praise from me.

#14031 11 months ago

Good morning all-

Is there a way to add shaker to the SV? Is this an easy plug and play, or a nightmare?

Thanks

#14032 11 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

Good morning all-
Is there a way to add shaker to the SV? Is this an easy plug and play, or a nightmare?
Thanks

That's a good question. Anything plug and play?

#14033 11 months ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

That's a good question. Anything plug and play?

In my experience which is limited, I’ve done a few stern machines that were literally plug and play easy as it gets.

#14034 11 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

Good morning all-
Thanks

do you have a shaker in the coil options of your service menu?
If you do, then (in my Lv) it simply takes power from the board inside the cab (I will need to double check this as I cannot remember where exactly).

#14035 11 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

Good morning all-
Thanks

Start a support ticket and ask Shawn Or Andrea.

#14036 11 months ago

Surely I’m not the only one who had this question?!

#14037 11 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

Surely I’m not the only one who had this question?!

sort of...it's been kind of back and forth whether support was ever implemented for SV...and many people think the sub works well enough that a shaker isn't needed. I think shaker support was firmware locked to LV...but could be wrong as not many with SV's have spoken up if they tried or not. IT's been so long, while I think initially they said shaker support would be in SV, I think they backed out of that over time.

#14038 11 months ago
Quoted from dmess:

Good morning all-
Thanks

With all of the surface mount component boards and issues with loosening hardware and broken wire leads, I don't think adding more vibration with a shaker motor is prudent.

#14039 11 months ago
Quoted from Eric_S:

With all of the surface mount component boards and issues with loosening hardware and broken wire leads, I don't think adding more vibration with a shaker motor is prudent.

Does the LV have a shaker?

#14040 11 months ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does the LV have a shaker?

Yes.

#14041 11 months ago

Thanks to those that responded. I called cointaker and it is NOT plug and play, would be very technical.

#14042 11 months ago

I have a shaker in my SV , it was a gift from PB for being an early adopter and helping with some issues. The firmware is the same as the LV since .56 or .57 I think. It has a complete additional wiring harness which also contains a rather hefty electronic component, not sure exactly what it’s role is. So short answer is yes the shaker will work in the SV but not just any shaker.

#14043 11 months ago

Since we are on the topic of adding things. Is it possible to add a physical knocker to the game? I know you can do it with the Highway version.

#14044 11 months ago

Glad mine does not have a shaker! And it’s not needed imho

#14045 11 months ago

I’ve been on a little break from Alien as I’m into a couple projects on other pins right now .Ill continue my quest to get back to All Out War tonight .I can’t believe I got there so quick then have not been back in months . From what I remember it was incredibly exiting

#14046 11 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Glad mine does not have a shaker! And it’s not needed imho

Crazy talk.

Every game is better with a shaker. So long as it's well written code for it.

#14047 11 months ago

Anyone else have the issue of a fast ball shot through the left loop and rocketing out the right side right into the middle and draining with no chance to hit it with either flipper?

Balls returning out of the left side can be hit by the left flipper no problem. My issue is only the right.

Thanks!

#14048 11 months ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Anyone else have the issue of a fast ball shot through the left loop and rocketing out the right side right into the middle and draining with no chance to hit it with either flipper?
Balls returning out of the left side can be hit by the left flipper no problem. My issue is only the right.
Thanks!

The right orbit is adjustable.
Remove all plastics and spinner on that side and adjust accordingly.
Mine had the opposite problem, ball was hitting the gun target.

#14049 11 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

The tracker mod by the shooter lane is separate .

This is unbelievable Kevin, where did you get that tracker MOD?

#14050 11 months ago

The right orbit is adjustable.
Remove all plastics and spinner on that side and adjust accordingly.
Mine had the opposite problem, ball was hitting the gun target.

What are you adjusting?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,829 posts in this topic. You are on page 281 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/281 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.