100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 377.
#13852 12 months ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

Side blade led's swapped with blue. Also added dimmers. Backboard led's swapped with blue without dimmer yet. It is not a standard size. I can send some pics of the original led strip and the new one when I get back into town, but I think you would need something around the 3.5 mm-4 mm range. Sometimes referred to as micro.

any specs of the ledstrip used? Is that 3mm with ws2812B leds?
Pics are greatly appreciated.

#13853 12 months ago

Oh man this is a pleasant surprise !

#13854 12 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Some sort of "important" announcement is coming tomorrow from PB. their social media accounts put up a post today. Code drop perhaps?

Specifically about Alien?

EDIT: just checked. Yeah, I guess so. Hope it's a code drop! Then I just need a HALLOWEEN code update

#13855 12 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

any specs of the ledstrip used? Is that 3mm with ws2812B leds?
Pics are greatly appreciated.

The original side led is 39 3/8 inches long and has 72 individual leds. It is 4mm and isn't really a flexible strip but a firm strip. It is only fastened with hot glue. The only markings on the strip not seen in the pictures is "12v DC".

led's 1 (resized).jpgled's 1 (resized).jpgled's 2 (resized).jpgled's 2 (resized).jpg
#13856 12 months ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

The original side led is 39 3/8 inches long and has 72 individual leds. It is 4mm and isn't really a flexible strip but a firm strip. It is only fastened with hot glue. The only markings on the strip not seen in the pictures is "12v DC".[quoted image][quoted image]

Good to know. Easy to replace should it ever goes out I guess! This is good news

#13857 12 months ago

Finally got mine set up next to my Aliens shooter - need to tweak a few things but glad to be back. Been a long time since I sold my original.

DSCN5353 (resized).JPGDSCN5353 (resized).JPG
#13858 12 months ago

Found something new in the game -

I was playing and, on ball 2, I held the left flipper(s), and then launched the ball.

I noticed a space ship fly off (looked like Ripley's escape ship), and the game says "Take it away!"

Not sure why this occurred - anyone familiar with this? When this occurs, or how it works into scoring etc?

Pretty cool!

#13859 12 months ago

Is there an issue still with some USB sticks ? I just purchased this one because the one I usually use is nowhere to be found .

7C96DD34-9BB1-47D8-B162-C1A3ED733094 (resized).jpeg7C96DD34-9BB1-47D8-B162-C1A3ED733094 (resized).jpeg
#13860 12 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is there an issue still with some USB sticks ? I just purchased this one because the one I usually use is nowhere to be found .
[quoted image]

only 2.0 USB drives work with this computer system

#13861 12 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

only 2.0 USB drives work with this computer system

Not true. I've only ever used a 3.0 drive. It has USB 3 ports. It's just picky about sticks apparently.

#13862 12 months ago

Anybody open up the box and get the motherboard part number yet?

#13863 12 months ago

2.5 ? Haha.I don’t think it would hurt to try it would it ?

#13864 12 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Not true. I've only ever used a 3.0 drive. It has USB 3 ports. It's just picky about sticks apparently.

Ok I’ll try it out on a bit since I downloaded 3.2 already .What’s your thoughts on tomorrows announcement ?

#13865 12 months ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Anybody open up the box and get the motherboard part number yet?

Yup, haven’t found one anywhere though

777DD171-A94E-4893-843E-C59B50EC5D6B (resized).jpeg777DD171-A94E-4893-843E-C59B50EC5D6B (resized).jpeg
#13866 12 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

manufacturer recommendation...

Screenshot 2023-04-25 at 9.16.44 PM (resized).pngScreenshot 2023-04-25 at 9.16.44 PM (resized).png
#13867 12 months ago

Here is my roll out of the whipping tale mod by Logans pinball. Decided to integrate a figure I had laying around and couldn't be happier. He does great work.

#13868 12 months ago

manufacturer recommendation...[quoted image]

Doesn't change the facts man. They added that after lots of people had issues with 3.0 sticks.

#13870 12 months ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Found something new in the game -
I was playing and, on ball 2, I held the left flipper(s), and then launched the ball.
I noticed a space ship fly off (looked like Ripley's escape ship), and the game says "Take it away!"
Not sure why this occurred - anyone familiar with this? When this occurs, or how it works into scoring etc?
Pretty cool!

If you hold both flipper buttons when you plunge it will make different announcements.

#13871 12 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Some sort of "important" announcement is coming tomorrow from PB. their social media accounts put up a post today. Code drop perhaps?

I hope it’s a new matching predator machine

Lol, a person can dream right

#13872 12 months ago
Quoted from Hershy:

Perhaps the XV???

#13873 12 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image]

How is it formatted, what file system? FAT, FAT32, ExFAT?

#13874 12 months ago

Well, the special Alien Day thing is just a $426 discount, not the code drop we were all hoping for.

https://twitter.com/PinballBros/status/1651185333243895811?t=IDbkF0-dwPVAlB6LqKhCAw&s=19

#13875 12 months ago

Well, that Alien day news from PB wasn’t very exciting. New code with some cool rule updates would be great. A $426 discount on a game I already bought, not so much. Hopefully it will at least motivate some to become LV owners.

#13876 12 months ago

Wow , nothing like starting your day with a swift kick in the nuts !

#13877 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

I’m not sure what that means .I never got to downloading 3.2 yesterday as fun time was cut short .

#13878 12 months ago
Quoted from Coyohtay:

Well, the special Alien Day thing is just a $426 discount, not the code drop we were all hoping for.
https://twitter.com/PinballBros/status/1651185333243895811?t=IDbkF0-dwPVAlB6LqKhCAw&s=19

#13879 12 months ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

FAT32

#13880 12 months ago

Lmfao , where’s cousin Eddie when you need him

#13881 12 months ago

I do not understand why anyone got hyped up lol.. There is no 'new code' coming, other than bug fixes hopefully. There is no new model either, they squashed that at the beginning.

PB have shown they sort of do those teaser hypes like that, but their follow through has always been rather lacking and goes nowhere.

#13882 12 months ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Well, that Alien day news from PB wasn’t very exciting. New code with some cool rule updates would be great. A $426 discount on a game I already bought, not so much. Hopefully it will at least motivate some to become LV owners.

Damn. Is Ferret still working with PB?

#13883 12 months ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

The original side led is 39 3/8 inches long and has 72 individual leds. It is 4mm and isn't really a flexible strip but a firm strip. It is only fastened with hot glue. The only markings on the strip not seen in the pictures is "12v DC".[quoted image][quoted image]

Congratulations!

You're not pregnant!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13884 12 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do not understand why anyone got hyped up lol.. There is no 'new code' coming, other than bug fixes hopefully. There is no new model either, they squashed that at the beginning.
PB have shown they sort of do those teaser hypes like that, but their follow through has always been rather lacking and goes nowhere.

Just a little harmless fun :)In all honesty ,I can’t blame them at all with what the splash of new releases has done for all old stock (Sterns included). The bottom line is selling games and I wish them the best for sure . I enjoy the game code as is and there’s quite a bit in there but was thinking a topper or maybe some added clips with the way it was advertised ,that’s all .Anyone lurking in this thread trying to decide on a purchase should take advantage of this sale .It’s been a delightful surprise since day 1 and at this price can honestly say it’s the best deal out there right now .

#13885 12 months ago

Back to the main attraction :)I’ve recently got the side ramp shot down to where Im not freaking out and trying to start mb up prematurely .That has added yet another level to this game for me as it took a long while to do so .

#13886 12 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just a little harmless fun :)In all honesty ,I can’t blame them at all with what the splash of new releases has done for all old stock (Sterns included). The bottom line is selling games and I wish them the best for sure . I enjoy the game code as is and there’s quite a bit in there but was thinking a topper or maybe some added clips with the way it was advertised ,that’s all .Anyone lurking in this thread trying to decide on a purchase should take advantage of this sale .It’s been a delightful surprise since day 1 and at this price can honestly say it’s the best deal out there right now .

The other good news is they opened a US based department that will make support much easier.

#13887 12 months ago
Quoted from Zablon:

There is no new model either, they squashed that at the beginning.

"There was no new model besides SV/LV planned at the beginning" might be a more accurate way to state that.

#13888 12 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The other good news is they opened a US based department that will make support much easier.

Shawn has been nothing short of fantastic in helping diagnose and resolve issues within a day or two .Best service I’ve had with any product in decades .

#13889 12 months ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Dang..In other news - I found someone to paint my Alien Nerf Gun which was my plan for a topper. Check out David Broido on Facebook. Guy's really talented.

bringdown (resized).jpgbringdown (resized).jpgexamples (resized).jpgexamples (resized).jpg
#13890 12 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Shawn has been nothing short of fantastic in helping diagnose and resolve issues within a day or two .Best service I’ve had with any product in decades .

Totally agree / endorse. Nothing but positive and super fast resolves/support from my experience.

#13891 12 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Is Ferret still working with PB?

Yep. I’m working on Queen.

#13892 12 months ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Completely agree, I kind of just meant being able to get replacement parts locally. I think 3 day DHLing parts from Europe isn't a cost effective long term plan for Pinball Brothers and we all want them to succeed.

#13893 12 months ago

Should you update the code or the firmware first?

#13894 12 months ago

I did FW then code, but not sure it matters

Quoted from Pinballpal:

Should you update the code or the firmware first?

#13895 12 months ago

I did FW then code, but not sure it matters

Thanks

#13896 12 months ago

Everyone complaining about PB giving a discount when you already have your game…remember that….you have been enjoying your game already! I’m good with having my game already for 6 months. Hopefully more people will be getting this awesome game and will be able to save a few bucks at the same time! Good for them!

#13897 12 months ago
Quoted from conester:

Everyone complaining about PB giving a discount when you already have your game…remember that….you have been enjoying your game already! I’m good with having my game already for 6 months. Hopefully more people will be getting this awesome game and will be able to save a few bucks at the same time! Good for them!

Still not as good as my 7,777 price I paid..lol

#13898 12 months ago
Quoted from conester:

Where is that happening, I've not seen anyone here complaining. I think it's good they are giving a discount. The more the merrier!

#13899 12 months ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Still not as good as my 7,777 price I paid..lol

Amen, and given how resale on these has not been as great as other titles, it's still the steal of the last few years.

This game gets a lot of undeserved hate. Mine has mostly been trouble free now that most of the bugs are worked out.

#13900 12 months ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Yep. I’m working on Queen.

Awesome! I’ll buy you a beer some time, you’re not too far from me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/278 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.