100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 377.
#13701 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I remember seeing a pinsider that replaced all of his with green or any color you want standup targets looked great and of course don’t light !

Do you have any pictures of what this looks like?

#13702 1 year ago

Does anyone with a LV experiencing the same target issues. Were they upgraded for the LV's I wonder. They are using the same targets on queen you would think they upgraded them to be more reliable on the queen machines. If so maybe the LV machines have the upgraded targets.

#13704 1 year ago

Bad picture but these are Bally Williams stand ups according to the seller!

D2EF7961-F0C5-480D-9BA5-F91B92393C1E (resized).pngD2EF7961-F0C5-480D-9BA5-F91B92393C1E (resized).png
#13705 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

Thanks it gives me an idea if I have to go this route.

#13706 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Thank you.. i am ordering a set. I keep thinking long term.. if they stop making these switches, we need to be able to self repair.
I dont know why leafs were not used?

No LED's?

#13707 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Will these work? If so you can get these alot faster.
200 Pcs 6 * 6mm 10 Sizes(4.3,5,5.5,6,6.5,7,7.5,8,9,10mm Height) 2 Pin Momentary Tactile Tact Push Button Switch Through Hole Breadboard Friendly for Panel PCB
https://a.co/d/06kdC2E

I'm sure they're the same thing.
Ours seem to be the 6mm x 6mm x 7mm (High) ones on their part list after I measured.

#13708 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

[quoted image]

How are they wired up with the PCB boards they use and then the wiring harness to the main boards?

#13709 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

How are they wired up with the PCB boards they use and then the wiring harness to the main boards?

You would just need some of these https://www.amazon.com/FainWan-100Sets-Micro-Connector-Cables/dp/B09JZC28DP/ref=sr_1_2_sspa

#13710 1 year ago

Newbie here - is there a post or thread which compares the two versions (sv and lv)? Thanks!

#13711 1 year ago
Quoted from Hershmeister:

Newbie here - is there a post or thread which compares the two versions (sv and lv)? Thanks!

Have you perused the manufacturer's website? It should all be right there. https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13712 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Have you perused the manufacturer's website? It should all be right there. https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/[quoted image]

Was hoping for something more in depth. Having read a bunch on this post, there seem to be some opinions on differences in play and perhaps other features?

I’ve enjoyed playing it at my local place and thinking of getting one - so looking to gather insights. Thanks!

#13713 1 year ago

Was hoping for something more in depth. Having read a bunch on this post, there seem to be some opinions on differences in play and perhaps other features?
I’ve enjoyed playing it at my local place and thinking of getting one - so looking to gather insights. Thanks!

The LV has a few things that the SV does not, but gameplay is exactly the same between them (other than staged flippers for the upper flippers if you consider that something different). It comes with invisiglass, a different translite, lit side blades, more lighting, some fancy side armor, staged flippers and maybe a few other odds and ends, different cabinet art (but not really all THAT different).

#13714 1 year ago

As others have stated it’s all cosmetic besides the lit side blades ( so worth it) and Staged flippers. Gameplay is exactly the same. I bought an LV because the standard was too dark to enjoy in my opinion. The extra lighting and art, armor, beacons were worth it to me. To each their own of course. It’s an incredible game in any form.

#13715 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

As others have stated it’s all cosmetic besides the lit side blades ( so worth it) and Staged flippers. Gameplay is exactly the same. I bought an LV because the standard was too dark to enjoy in my opinion. The extra lighting and art, armor, beacons were worth it to me. To each their own of course. It’s an incredible game in any form.

Snap, upgraded for the lights. Had both side by side not long ago.

#13716 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

My pinstadiums solved the lighting issue and in a better way then the lighted blades in my opinion. Side blade lighting is too bright.

#13717 1 year ago

You have already made your descision, only talking about this will end up in owning a LV. This is inevitable. When in doubt and you have the means...go LV...you will not regret it.

#13718 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Have you perused the manufacturer's website? It should all be right there. https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien/[quoted image]

"Limited apron" Lol.

#13719 1 year ago

Installed the apron mod and beacons and now the right and left EOS switches are not working. Upper flippers work fine but the lower flippers do not. Coils fire in test, switches 49 and 50 do not activate. Any thoughts?

Edit: Updated from 3.1 to 3.2 and they work now. Whatever lol.

#13720 1 year ago

My muthur hole is giving me quite a few rejects ometimes even with what seems like good shots to it. Has anyone else tried to do something about this?

#13721 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Installed the apron mod and beacons and now the right and left EOS switches are not working. Upper flippers work fine but the lower flippers do not. Coils fire in test, switches 49 and 50 do not activate. Any thoughts?
Edit: Updated from 3.1 to 3.2 and they work now. Whatever lol.

Alien doesn't have EOS switches, flipper power is software controlled when the flipper button is held in.

I'm not near my machine but believe switches 49 and 50 are the flipper button switches - I assume you have a LV with dual stack flipper button switches? Do you have staged flippers turned on or off?

#13722 1 year ago
Quoted from Itglows:

My muthur hole is giving me quite a few rejects ometimes even with what seems like good shots to it. Has anyone else tried to do something about this?

The switch underneath may be sitting a bit too high. Bend it down a little. Not too much or you’ll never see muthur

#13723 1 year ago
Quoted from Itglows:

you can take a small piece of the fuzzy side of velcro and place it on the "roof/back" of the scoop to deaden hard shots... that may help as well.

#13724 1 year ago

I went SV, mirror blades, apron/ beacons upgrade, and 3d translight along with some diy led modding and I feel like I got exactly the right amount of atmosphere. Of course I've never seen an LV in person to compare it to.

If I had to do it all over again it would be about budgeting with the price of the apron mod. IMO you would need it on either the SV or LV because it's that good of an upgrade.

I bet whatever the choice you will be happy.

#13725 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Alien doesn't have EOS switches, flipper power is software controlled when the flipper button is held in.
I'm not near my machine but believe switches 49 and 50 are the flipper button switches - I assume you have a LV with dual stack flipper button switches? Do you have staged flippers turned on or off?

49 and 50 are left and right EOS. Flipper buttons are 78 and 79 and they worked fine. I don't know why LL flippers didn't work with 3.1 but now they do with 3.2.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13726 1 year ago

Can anyone give me some basic guidance here? 3A8A59A7-0914-4A31-ACEC-CEA47D0636F1 (resized).jpeg3A8A59A7-0914-4A31-ACEC-CEA47D0636F1 (resized).jpeg

#13727 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Can anyone give me some basic guidance here? [quoted image]

Looks like the boot drive (with the underlying OS and game code) has failed or is corrupted. I’ve not seen anyone have this issue previously, best to log a support ticket with PB - the customer service is great

#13728 1 year ago

I havent gotten around to it but I did order the Staged Flippers for my SV - I have been told it is easy to install and set your SV to use staged flippers as well. I will post to confirm when Ive got it working

Happy to report Ive had my game exactly one year (in a week or so) and mine is - still working great - still my favourite game!

Anybody gotten to play a Queen yet? Im really curious to see how the next PB game stacks up!

#13729 1 year ago

I have not had any issues with the targets although I have this one set up STEEP .I would think there’s less force going uphill this way .

#13731 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

I havent gotten around to it but I did order the Staged Flippers for my SV - I have been told it is easy to install and set your SV to use staged flippers as well. I will post to confirm when Ive got it working
Happy to report Ive had my game exactly one year (in a week or so) and mine is - still working great - still my favourite game!
Anybody gotten to play a Queen yet? Im really curious to see how the next PB game stacks up!

Where did you get said flipper stage kit? I so need that in my life!!

#13732 1 year ago

My version of beacon mod by Zablon . My version uses a light detector circuit with a bs170 mosfet. Sensitivity adjustment with 100K pot. Probably work with a pot between 20-100K. I initially used a 10K and it still lets enough voltage to barely activate the beacons.

#13733 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

My version of beacon mod by Zablon . My version uses a light detector circuit with a bs170 mosfet. Sensitivity adjustment with 100K pot. Probably work with a pot between 20-100K. I initially used a 10K and it still lets enough voltage to barely activate the beacons.

Did you use LED's as light sensors, because I do not understand how this works at all? Or did you use a photoresistor? (either way, I still don't understand how you use normal LED bulbs as sensors. )

Edit: Interesting....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13734 1 year ago

My personal best tonight. Playing with my brother who typically doesn't play a lot of pinball. Trying to explain some basics of the game when I realized I was lighting the game up on ball two. Apologized, and just played the best I could. Not a huge score for some of you, but great for me. Not sure what I got into. But damn, the points racked up crazy quick.

20230409_173933 (resized).jpg20230409_173933 (resized).jpg
#13735 1 year ago

Can anyone see anything wrong with my drop target coil assembly that is causing them to not raise?

PXL_20230410_031112875 (resized).jpgPXL_20230410_031112875 (resized).jpgPXL_20230410_031126718 (resized).jpgPXL_20230410_031126718 (resized).jpgPXL_20230410_031135344 (resized).jpgPXL_20230410_031135344 (resized).jpg
#13736 1 year ago

I've got a bigger problem though. My machine is now just ejecting balls through the launch lane on a non-stop loop when The game starts, this is before I actually start the game but when the machine starts up . I raised the playfield to take a look at that drop target coil assembly and now suddenly it's just stuck on an endless loop of shooting balls down the launch lane

Added 12 months ago:

Fixed

#13737 1 year ago

Groundhog thingo.

#13738 1 year ago

Hitting the the left orbit pretty much always results in a right outlane death… the ball bounces off the tip of the left sling and then heads to the right outlane.

Any fixes, such as an additional (or thicker) rubber somewhere to divert the ball?

#13739 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Did you use LED's as light sensors, because I do not understand how this works at all? Or did you use a photoresistor? (either way, I still don't understand how you use normal LED bulbs as sensors. )

Edit: Interesting....[quoted image]

stern uses led's as photo detectors as well....

#13740 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Very good! Exactly what I want.

#13741 1 year ago
Quoted from Itglows:

I've got a bigger problem though. My machine is now just ejecting balls through the launch lane on a non-stop loop when The game starts, this is before I actually start the game but when the machine starts up . I raised the playfield to take a look at that drop target coil assembly and now suddenly it's just stuck on an endless loop of shooting balls down the launch lane

Try going into test mode and check your coils and switches. Also check all cables in cabinet and backbox are properly pugged in

#13742 1 year ago
Quoted from Itglows:

I’m going through this right now .Check the boards under the trough .See if any lights are on .I’m waiting on replacements .

E6C5B7A2-D3E6-4BAC-85D1-90B5D1F14293 (resized).jpegE6C5B7A2-D3E6-4BAC-85D1-90B5D1F14293 (resized).jpeg
#13743 1 year ago

You should have 2 lights on .One shown here and other where circled .

8DF7D7AF-A249-4EF0-B727-09F3EAD899EB (resized).png8DF7D7AF-A249-4EF0-B727-09F3EAD899EB (resized).png
#13744 1 year ago

Try re seating those connectors first .

#13745 1 year ago

These 2 .

6C104342-9517-439A-A62D-3B3466BDA519 (resized).jpeg6C104342-9517-439A-A62D-3B3466BDA519 (resized).jpeg
#13746 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Edit: Interesting....[quoted image]

I used a photoresistor connected to the gate of the mosfet and ground. I connected the pot to +5v and the gate of the mosfet. Photoresistor was mounted over the green opto led on the board. The beacons were connected to +5v and the ground for the beacons was connected to the Drain pin on the mosfet. The Sink pin on the mosfet is connected to ground.
This sets the mosfet to activate when the opto led is off (a ball in in the airlock scoop). Once the led comes back on, the mosfet turns off which turns off the beacons.

#13747 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I used a photoresistor connected to the gate of the mosfet and ground. I connected the pot to +5v and the gate of the mosfet. Photoresistor was mounted over the green opto led on the board. The beacons were connected to +5v and the ground for the beacons was connected to the Drain pin on the mosfet. The Sink pin on the mosfet is connected to ground.
This sets the mosfet to activate when the opto led is off (a ball in in the airlock scoop). Once the led comes back on, the mosfet turns off which turns off the beacons.

To clarify I didn't mean I didn't understand how your version worked, I was referring to what that video was showing using the LED's as sensors. Had no idea that was a thing.

#13748 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m going through this right now .Check the boards under the trough .See if any lights are on .I’m waiting on replacements .[quoted image]

Okay thanks. Yeah it was a loose wire on the trough board

#13749 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

Can anyone give me some basic guidance here? [quoted image]

I think your SSD drive might be bad. But I would do what the other pinsiders said first. Try a full reinstall and if that doesn't work then it's probably the drive.

#13750 1 year ago
Quoted from Itglows:

Okay thanks. Yeah it was a loose wire on the trough board

Nice Wish I was the same .I’m really missing Alien ,we were on vacation prior so I’m Jonesing bad

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/275 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.