Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 376.
#13501 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Yes - the one feature I missed about the Heighway version was the playfield screen, so I mirrored the main screen on the apron to get some of that immersion back.
[quoted image]

Awesome, I agree , it would be nice to have all that information in your view and I am about to do this , I have the screen and interface ready but was trying to find a good location for it. Do you find it’s in your vision enough on the apron? I was thinking it might not be any easier to look down at the apron than up at the big screen?

#13502 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Awesome, I agree , it would be nice to have all that information in your view and I am about to do this , I have the screen and interface ready but was trying to find a good location for it. Do you find it’s in your vision enough on the apron? I was thinking it might not be any easier to look down at the apron than up at the big screen?

It's much easier to glance at than the large screen - yes. If I had the original apron, I would have centered it on the apron (although that might require a slightly smaller screen).

Quoted from epeabs:

And......how did we do that???
Getting my LV in week or two. That mod is awesome.

Thank you - it's not a mod you can buy as it requires a fair amount of disassembly to get it working. But I'd be happy to explain the process for anyone up for the challenge.

#13503 1 year ago

added the Narcissist (sp) ship where Ripley was in Hypersleep for 57 years..I think that qualifies to be in that section of the machine, lol. It's all shaping up, and have yet to install the new Beacons, both big and small. Enjoy! And thanks ya'll for sharing your cool ideas as well!

#13504 1 year ago

Couple pics, as the video didn’t upload to HD

0E2B9B77-A4F9-4FBE-9242-A0AD3C6DB96D (resized).jpeg0E2B9B77-A4F9-4FBE-9242-A0AD3C6DB96D (resized).jpeg634BE16F-1779-4544-8BB5-7EEC2ECBA641 (resized).jpeg634BE16F-1779-4544-8BB5-7EEC2ECBA641 (resized).jpeg73E0E6EB-7486-4D96-9F80-E06B5515E55C (resized).jpeg73E0E6EB-7486-4D96-9F80-E06B5515E55C (resized).jpeg
#13505 1 year ago

is that further back than it looks? It doesn't interfere with the ball lock moving up/down?

#13506 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

is that further back than it looks? It doesn't interfere with the ball lock moving up/down?

It is up in the air a tad, on part of its’ original stand, which I hot glued a quarter to, then velcro on the quarter and then the upper plastic. So it doesn’t interfere with the mech in front of it. It’s a pretty ominous..and it can tilt up or down. I will hide my hay bail quarter with something sleek. I might even put a blue gel under that upper left lighting to simulate the blue rocket engines for the back, or put actual blue LEDs in those 4 engines. My ultimate would be to get internal lighting for the cockpit, but not at this time. Shit, imagine a small video screen behind those windows lol.

#13507 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Sorry to sound totally dumb (I definitely am when it comes to anything electrical), but just to be clear, you simply tapped off the power to the internal psu with that Y splitter, then added a regular power strip/board (with usb outputs) inside the cab? If so did you need a mains socket adapter like this one (imagine its for a US plug, not an Australian one):
https://www.jaycar.com.au/iec-c14-male-to-3pin-mains-socket-150mm/p/PS4100?gclid=CjwKCAjw_MqgBhAGEiwAnYOAei1jbjFG8tOaL_xINbgiMLHKv-bWu9Rg62kBae4dq4E0mMWPGrf_bhoCwoEQAvD_BwE
Thanks!

Use this cable on the pug that plugs into the psu. Then use that adaptor you have in your post.

https://www.jaycar.com.au/iec-c14-male-to-2x-iec-c13-female-1-8m/p/PS4104?pos=2&queryId=36bc4ee45748bb698204cbbb53285197&sort=relevance&searchText=IEC%20C14%20Male%20y

#13508 1 year ago

Deleted.

#13509 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

This is just something I made today for myself as I am in a creative funk so I just said fxxk it why not.. The left return has a upper and lower ball track. Sleeper ramp feeds down and drops to lower. It is not polished or painted, but I figured why not share my dementia…It will be painted to match my painted shooter mod soon. I suck at hitting sleeper ramp so I tested by hand.
This is not going to be a mod for sale. The stainless plate costs it out…

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe best to ask folks what they would like before spending many hours on a stab in the dark? Being real.

#13510 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Maybe best to ask folks what they would like before spending many hours on a stab in the dark? Being real.

To be fair he did state this is just for him and it's not for sale.

#13511 1 year ago

Ive been contacted to do a couple of my translites..if anyone wants a set send me a pm please this week.
All visible in post #10476

#13512 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Tab 210

#13513 1 year ago

Has anyone got staged flippers working on a SV yet?

#13514 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Unnecessary feedback. You don’t have to speak everything that comes to mind. Sometimes it’s just rude and contributes nothing to the conversation.

#13515 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Unnecessary feedback. You don’t have to speak everything that comes to mind. Sometimes it’s just rude and contributes nothing to the conversation.

You do not know how much I appreciate that. I was typing out a responce to his post and your post came up. As I said I am in a creative funk and sometimes just doing crazy funky stuff gets me out of it. Reading his post did not help. I will just keep the crazy builds to myself going forward and delete the previous one. Thanks for saying what I felt.

#13516 1 year ago

You do not know how much I appreciate that. I was typing out a responce to his post and your post came up. As I said I am in a creative funk and sometimes just doing crazy funky stuff gets me out of it. Reading his post did not help. I will just keep the crazy builds to myself going forward and delete the previous one. Thanks for saying what I felt.

Loganpinball

Dude! Keep pushing the bar! I love what you’re doing. But everything is not for everyone else. Do what makes you happy. I appreciate you sharing your successes and failures. You are actively contributing to this hobby while others can sit behind a keyboard and talk shit and tear down…. While you are building…. You are building… keep building!

Unrelated but I’m a building a pin in my basement and need to hit you up on some wire forms soon. I struggle with hand making them and I’m not getting better. You have a talent!

#13517 1 year ago

It looks like it was just a misunderstanding all, no need to get worked up. Keep showing us what you are doing!!

#13518 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It looks like it was just a misunderstanding all, no need to get worked up. Keep showing us what you are doing!!

yeah, I said that with the best intentions..the 'being real' was probably a late night response on my phone, and people took it wrong (because I don't like texting long stuff on my phone). I said that because Loganpinball sells his stuff; I didn't want him to exhaust his efforts without saying, 'hey guys, what do you think of THIS idea?', before getting deep into it. People misread my post! Keep rockin' the ideas.. My text could have looked 'nicer', and to be honest Loganpinball you have a talent that most of Us don't have here..I'm just a tinkerer by comparison.

#13519 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

yeah, I said that with the best intentions..the 'being real' was probably a late night response on my phone, and people took it wrong (because I don't like texting long stuff on my phone). I said that because Loganpinball sells his stuff; I didn't want him to exhaust his efforts without saying, 'hey guys, what do you think of THIS idea?', before getting deep into it. People misread my post! Keep rockin' the ideas.. My text could have looked 'nicer', and to be honest Loganpinball you have a talent that most of Us don't have here..I'm just a tinkerer by comparison.

It’s not for the recipient to decipher a kinder interpretation of your message. It was rude. It came off rude. It is rude. You were telling him that this was a waste of time as no one was going to buy it. He wasn’t asking anyone to purchase it. Just sharing something he built. I’ll let it go but that’s just a real weak apology.

I’m sure the majority of us are all grateful for the creators and tinker’s on this forum. They inspire all of us trying to design the next game or mod in our basements or garages. I wouldn’t want to discourage anyone from sharing their efforts and unfortunately that’s what happened here.

End of rant!

#13520 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Ive been contacted to do a couple of my translites..if anyone wants a set send me a pm please this week.

If you didn't get in on these before you should! They look awesome!

#13522 1 year ago

Do you man.. its your game and if it gets creativity going even better.

#13523 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Yeah don’t love what you did with my airlock bezel , just saying …

#13524 1 year ago

How much are the swanky translite kits? They look amazing.

#13525 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Yeah don’t love what you did with my airlock bezel , just saying …

Yeah, like Baggerman just posted, 'Do you man.. its your game and if it gets creativity going even better.' Doesn't bother me one bit

#13526 1 year ago

So my spring on the third flipper coil broke after 50 life time plays. Does anyone know the spring size by chance? There wasn't an extra in the goodie bag.

20230319_082926 (resized).jpg20230319_082926 (resized).jpg

#13527 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

So my spring on the third flipper coil broke after 50 life time plays. Does anyone know the spring size by chance? There wasn't an extra in the goodie bag.
[quoted image]

I ordered these from Pinball Life as somebody recommended earlier.
Sega/Stern Flipper Extension Spring
265-5035-00

Edit: They work great.

#13528 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

[quoted image]

Or you can open a ticket with PB..I got a set of 4 from them..arrived in a few days, from the USA. I bet the sega/stern replacements are better though..it's the sharp metal coil brackets that behead the stock/thin springs. I lost two in about the same amount of time.

#13529 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Do you man.. its your game and if it gets creativity going even better.

Being told you suck by a streamer and a fellow modder well just sucks.. i just dont need that bs in my head. I stated I was in a funk and stil got pounded. A guys on a bridge and your yelling jump is just not very helpfull…

Give someone a chance to do whatever they want. If its not for you just pass it over or click ignore loganpinball its that simple.

I thought this stacking rail would work. The scale was wrong and so was using plate. I just need to cover a opening left behind now. And maybe add something over the now exposed white block lighting. I still need to polish and safety paint this. And I will also do right side to match thats next. But heres pictures and video of stacked return.

19696E47-21E3-4C6E-90A5-E769554213E7 (resized).jpeg19696E47-21E3-4C6E-90A5-E769554213E7 (resized).jpeg88F35E3F-FE60-4CDC-936B-08E44A31E605 (resized).jpeg88F35E3F-FE60-4CDC-936B-08E44A31E605 (resized).jpegA3B209E6-7357-4A47-9169-BA76FD289D8F (resized).jpegA3B209E6-7357-4A47-9169-BA76FD289D8F (resized).jpegFDC1A2A0-39AB-4660-A90F-0C21B03FBE69 (resized).jpegFDC1A2A0-39AB-4660-A90F-0C21B03FBE69 (resized).jpegD0F35451-DC2E-407F-BB0B-51D1F5FA0312 (resized).jpegD0F35451-DC2E-407F-BB0B-51D1F5FA0312 (resized).jpeg
#13530 1 year ago

Being told you suck by a streamer and a fellow modder well just sucks.. i just dont need that bs in my head. I stated I was in a funk and stil got pounded. A guys on a bridge and your yelling jump is just not very helpfull…
Give someone a chance to do whatever they want. If its not for you just pass it over or click ignore loganpinball its that simple.
I thought this stacking rail would work. The scale was wrong and so was using plate. I just need to cover a opening left behind now. And maybe add something over the now exposed white block lighting. I still need to polish and safety paint this. And I will also do right side to match thats next. But heres pictures and video of stacked return.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

very cool....I like it....

#13531 1 year ago

Hybrid version perhaps? I really like that you can see the ball at the outlanes, but I also like the look of the plastics. Maybe wireform on the bottom and the 2 plastics on top ?

#13532 1 year ago

That’s awesome!! Hats really cool how the ball travels on top of the wire form from the lock!!! Absolutely cool!!

#13533 1 year ago

I agree, and one thing it really does well Loganpinball is open up the left PF in a great way

#13534 1 year ago

Added body above the drop. The shapes just say Alien! Going to clean it up and paint it. I just thought a stacked two ball rail would be interesting. And the sleeper feeds it perfectly. Feel free with any ideas for block white plastic below it. Better day. Better mood. Thanks for the comments.

5198DD21-CE94-4D0C-926A-4013C6AEB140 (resized).jpeg5198DD21-CE94-4D0C-926A-4013C6AEB140 (resized).jpeg664B217D-7774-480D-9545-61DAF2BAEC86 (resized).jpeg664B217D-7774-480D-9545-61DAF2BAEC86 (resized).jpeg

156AD396-6B01-4EA9-A9EC-34E5819A68A2 (resized).jpeg156AD396-6B01-4EA9-A9EC-34E5819A68A2 (resized).jpegFCAD92BC-49C5-42DE-8459-F45D7E556B12 (resized).jpegFCAD92BC-49C5-42DE-8459-F45D7E556B12 (resized).jpeg
#13535 1 year ago

Why not a tube, with this guy at the upper end?

nedladdning.jpeg (resized).jpgnedladdning.jpeg (resized).jpg
#13536 1 year ago

Real quick paint with brushes. I wanted it to look weathered. (Too rough). I will strip it and airbrush it. I just need the paint, but I wanted to see the look. I think it fits.

25848998-B197-4FE7-A08C-2E45F220A1B6 (resized).jpeg25848998-B197-4FE7-A08C-2E45F220A1B6 (resized).jpeg5B9BC8C1-5530-4439-8E60-38AAFCE1AD76 (resized).jpeg5B9BC8C1-5530-4439-8E60-38AAFCE1AD76 (resized).jpegAD7DA045-56F9-45D8-9B4A-E9377BEB60FF (resized).jpegAD7DA045-56F9-45D8-9B4A-E9377BEB60FF (resized).jpeg
#13537 1 year ago

I kinda wish someone would just make a laser cut piece of flat stainless to replace that top plastic. Similar to a mod I used to have on my Judge Dredd crane.

#13538 1 year ago

Real quick paint with brushes. I wanted it to look weathered. (Too rough). I will strip it and airbrush it. I just need the paint, but I wanted to see the look. I think it fits.

Looks great. It really opens up that left side of the playfield.

#13539 1 year ago

F! I wish I could weld. That looks like a fun project.

#13540 1 year ago

Looks fantastic! Especially that you can now see the outlanes!

#13541 1 year ago

Just installed the Apron mod on my LV and with the florescent green plastic protectors, it looks Awesome! So glad I purchased that mod. Not hard to install at all.

#13542 1 year ago

I reckon a couple of coats of clear and it’ll really bring them up looks a cracker

#13543 1 year ago

This past Saturday I went to "Tilt" pinball bar in Minneapolis and played many new titles. Such as Bond, Scooby, Godfather, and many more. Boy did they fail in comparison to Alien. I am so happy I pulled the trigger to get this game. Zero buyer's remorse here.

#13544 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

This past Saturday I went to "Tilt" pinball bar in Minneapolis and played many new titles. Such as Bond, Scooby, Godfather, and many more. Boy did they fail in comparison to Alien. I am so happy I pulled the trigger to get this game. Zero buyer's remorse here.

That's actually disappointing. I thought all the new games (aside from Bond) looked to be pretty good. T

#13545 1 year ago

What's going on with that sick tail mod you been working on? Also the right ramp that the ball flies off of when hit pure. Are you building any new wire forms for this?

#13546 1 year ago

Hey quick question guys. I just waxed my playfield for the first time and I noticed this scratchy imperfections looks like in my clear. Is this common on this game? I only have about 60 life time plays so far. Not sure if it's coming up in pics, but it's only noticeable at certain angles when light is hitting it. I use to the typical dimples from stern but this is kinda ugly.

Screenshot_20230320_224345_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230320_224345_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230320_224401_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230320_224401_Gallery (resized).jpg

#13547 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

What's going on with that sick tail mod you been working on? Also the right ramp that the ball flies off of when hit pure. Are you building any new wire forms for this?

The tail design mech is done and is taking a beating as I absolutely love this game. I want to ensure its operation is sound. Theres 2 radial bearings and its assembled with snap ring retainers. The rest is welded. I just want to make sure the metal does not fatigue. And I am open to making that stacked new left wireform as a mod for sale. If I do that I also need to do the right side one to match the design. If I am matching the right side drop I think it might make sense to make the right return go from 180 ramp down to drop a one piece assembly with the tail mech on it. I need to make it and see. Either way the tail will be for sale in a few weeks. The mech is working great and I have not had to adjust or retighten any part of it. (35 games on it). I want you to bolt the tail in place and just have no issues.

The tail mech wireform eliminates ball jumping of rails. The ball energy hits the pivot mech and the housing also traps it.

#13548 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Hey quick question guys. I just waxed my playfield for the first time and I noticed this scratchy imperfections looks like in my clear. Is this common on this game? I only have about 60 life time plays so far. Not sure if it's coming up in pics, but it's only noticeable at certain angles when light is hitting it. I use to the typical dimples from stern but this is kinda ugly.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not seen that on mine...are they scratches or bubbles? Did you change out the balls that came with it?

#13549 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Ah - might have to get in touch with Mezel then, I guess the cables aren't quite right.

Please report back with any update >

#13550 1 year ago

The tail design mech is done and is taking a beating as I absolutely love this game. I want to ensure its operation is sound. Theres 2 radial bearings and its assembled with snap ring retainers. The rest is welded. I just want to make sure the metal does not fatigue. And I am open to making that stacked new left wireform as a mod for sale. If I do that I also need to do the right side one to match the design. If I am matching the right side drop I think it might make sense to make the right return go from 180 ramp down to drop a one piece assembly with the tail mech on it. I need to make it and see. Either way the tail will be for sale in a few weeks. The mech is working great and I have not had to adjust or retighten any part of it. (35 games on it). I want you to bolt the tail in place and just have no issues.
The tail mech wireform eliminates ball jumping of rails. The ball energy hits the pivot mech and the housing also traps it.

This is exciting!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/271?hl=maur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.