100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 377.
#13101 1 year ago

Fail on the 3D sculpt of the hypersleep chamber. It was super rough, and I went back and forth with sanding and painting. I don’t think I’ll ever be happy with how it looks, so this one goes bye bye. No biggie.

D9F09806-4844-4D9C-9912-DD5369E3E5E9 (resized).jpegD9F09806-4844-4D9C-9912-DD5369E3E5E9 (resized).jpeg
#13102 1 year ago

I’ve been finishing modes more often and my scores are reflecting this .Today my goal is to fully understand when to use each weapon where it’s most helpful in scoring .Any tips ?

#13103 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My target 5 has a short harness hooked up already on board 5 but these are empty .So we need this wire harness ?
[quoted image]

another YES

#13104 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I 3D printed some stuff over the weekend. Will paint and see how they look. Free to download on thingiverse. [quoted image]

I think I'm going to reprint my bezel..and it looks like you ran into the same problem, at the lower left corner 'missing details'..when you are in your slicer, make the bezel a couple mm's thicker; I bet the lower left will print at that point. I will be trying this when I get a new printer (buying a larger one!)

#13105 1 year ago

Anyone add led strips to their SV. Thinking across the back or other areas. Missed out on a nice LE so thinking I’ll mod an original. Anytime that bought the apron mod kit and wants to sell their beacons send me a message. Heard they drop in and work great on SV

#13106 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Had some guys from our league over last night and Alien was played for 6 hours straight without a hitch Nothing surprising to me ,but they seemed to be for some reason .I think the Heighway years stick in peoples heads .My high score is still safe whew haha .My excitement is building for they’re next title as it will be PBs first post HW titles/layouts .I have a dream and that dream is Goonies !

You do know that they've already released and are currently shipping their second game? * hint- it's not goonies. Or do you consider Queen a Heighway title?

#13107 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve been finishing modes more often and my scores are reflecting this .Today my goal is to fully understand when to use each weapon where it’s most helpful in scoring .Any tips ?

Alright I have a stupid question - when and how do you use a weapon? I certainly know how to collect a weapon but I keep hearing talk of use of a weapon and I’ve never seen any way to actually use a weapon in play. What am I missing?

#13108 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I installed the same updates on my LV this evening. Game plays like absolute butter now, everything is just perfect! Even got Hypersleep multiball two times playing a dozen games for about 30 minutes. But good lord this game is brutal, wow. I mean, the best I could do was about 50M tonight. This thing is so fast and furious and the outlines are vicious.
It’s one of those pins that just pisses you off, but you keep pressing the start button over again until your wrists are like wet noodles. Alien makes JP and GZ feel like a walk in the park. Missed shots and flailing play lead to quick drains and this game requires a lot of nudging and lighting fast reflexes! It’s a keeper for sure, but man does this game grind my gears, lol
Can’t help but become a better player with this beast! I need to watch some Bowen tutorials or something and figure out the secret sauce to unlock this masterpiece. Hope to reach All Out War someday! My best so far is 218M and that was one of those once in a blue moon “in the zone” games when I got quite a few extra balls. [quoted image][quoted image]

If you want to explore the game and see what all out war is like just set the game to 10 balls and set all the settings to easy including revive which makes the outline ball saves both trigger at the same time I believe. You can also set the replay rewards to give you an extra ball that would give you four more balls and you can set the special to award an extra ball. That should give you potentially 15-16 balls in one game to really explore it. I did that just to test out the game and I was able to get to all out war in my second attempt. Of course it’s not fun to leave the game that way but you can test it out and see what everything is like if you do that. Certainly not brutal with those settings lol.

#13109 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Alright I have a stupid question - when and how do you use a weapon? I certainly know how to collect a weapon but I keep hearing talk of use of a weapon and I’ve never seen any way to actually use a weapon in play. What am I missing?

From Tilt Forums:

Weapons:

Weapons are scored in various ways throughout the game:

Making a skill shot at any flashing standup target
Completing the four weapon standup targets during normal play
Winning any mission
MU/TH/UR Mystery

To select a weapon, use the flipper buttons to select the weapon you want (extra ball button on the original Heighway model). Then, to use the weapon, press the launch button. Using the launch button will remove the weapon from your inventory, forcing you to collect it again.

The weapon awarded from any of these methods will always be the next one in sequence. At the start of the game, for instance, the first weapon will always be the handgun; then, if the player hasn’t used the handgun already, the shotgun; etc.

Collecting all five weapons lights the extra ball at the hypersleep ramp or activates a short ball saver if the extra ball has already been collected.

The weapon sequence is:

Weapon 1 - Handgun - Increases the bonus multiplier by +2x.
Weapon 2 - Shotgun - Spots 2 Xenomorph hits. If the Xenomorph targets are lit for an award in another mode, the shotgun will collect the award as well.
Weapon 3 - Smart Gun - Smart Collect. Instantly collects everything currently lit on the playfield (ie. lit mission shots, lit hypersleep locks or extra balls, etc.).
Weapon 4 - Pulse Rifle - Instantly starts 2x Scoring.
Weapon 5 - Flamethrower - Activates the ball saver for 2 seconds. Perfect to use right before the ball drains.

#13110 1 year ago

Smart Gun does not collect everything lit on the playfield — it collects the most valuable shot currently lit.

#13111 1 year ago

Weapons really can be key in this game - I made another post about it somewhere, but they are super useful depending on when they are used. Shotgun for example spots 2 xeno hits - so if you drain needing 1 or 2 xeno hits to start Ambush, hitting shotgun will start the MB and save your ball.

The absolute best weapon use is smart gun when you have hypersleep multiball ready to go and extra ball lit. One game, I just hammered all the weapon buttons when I was losing ball 3 (just in total desperation), and instead of game over, i started hypersleep and got awarded the extra ball it was awesome!

Also handgun is pretty valuable of you manage to complete a few scenes, as the scene bonuses can get quite big.

There are some killer rules in this game when you dive into it. Maybe Ferret can confirm but is it true that more lifecycles complete before starting ambush will increase the jackpots? Also do number of eggs destroyed affect modes such as Queens Nest?

#13112 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

You do know that they've already released and are currently shipping their second game? * hint- it's not goonies. Or do you consider Queeen a Heighway title?

Yeah Queen and Playboy (believe it or not ) made up the 3 titles from HW .I think they changed Queen up quite a bit as far as layout goes and thank God they’re passing in PB haha

#13113 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Weapons really can be key in this game - I made another post about it somewhere, but they are super useful depending on when they are used. Shotgun for example spots 2 xeno hits - so if you drain needing 1 or 2 xeno hits to start Ambush, hitting shotgun will start the MB and save your ball.
The absolute best weapon use is smart gun when you have hypersleep multiball ready to go and extra ball lit. One game, I just hammered all the weapon buttons when I was losing ball 3 (just in total desperation), and instead of game over, i started hypersleep and got awarded the extra ball it was awesome!
Also handgun is pretty valuable of you manage to complete a few scenes, as the scene bonuses can get quite big.
There are some killer rules in this game when you dive into it. Maybe Ferret can confirm but is it true that more lifecycles complete before starting ambush will increase the jackpots? Also do number of eggs destroyed affect modes such as Queens Nest?

Now your talking

#13114 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I never thought to use the Smart Gun to start Hypersleep MB .

#13115 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

No kiddin , did you get a ticket in ?

I am currently working with them on a ticket so I'm going to mention it but I don't think I'd be covered an would have to buy replacement board if I want the 5th light

#13116 1 year ago

I really hated the led's shining in my eyes from the lit side blades.

thumbnail_IMG_4321 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_4321 (resized).jpg
#13117 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

From Tilt Forums:
Weapons:
Weapons are scored in various ways throughout the game:
Making a skill shot at any flashing standup target
Completing the four weapon standup targets during normal play
Winning any mission
MU/TH/UR Mystery
To select a weapon, use the flipper buttons to select the weapon you want (extra ball button on the original Heighway model). Then, to use the weapon, press the launch button. Using the launch button will remove the weapon from your inventory, forcing you to collect it again.
The weapon awarded from any of these methods will always be the next one in sequence. At the start of the game, for instance, the first weapon will always be the handgun; then, if the player hasn’t used the handgun already, the shotgun; etc.
Collecting all five weapons lights the extra ball at the hypersleep ramp or activates a short ball saver if the extra ball has already been collected.
The weapon sequence is:
Weapon 1 - Handgun - Increases the bonus multiplier by +2x.
Weapon 2 - Shotgun - Spots 2 Xenomorph hits. If the Xenomorph targets are lit for an award in another mode, the shotgun will collect the award as well.
Weapon 3 - Smart Gun - Smart Collect. Instantly collects everything currently lit on the playfield (ie. lit mission shots, lit hypersleep locks or extra balls, etc.).
Weapon 4 - Pulse Rifle - Instantly starts 2x Scoring.
Weapon 5 - Flamethrower - Activates the ball saver for 2 seconds. Perfect to use right before the ball drains.

Thank you I finally just figured it out duh. I was thinking that the launch button collects the weapon but it uses the weapon so that’s why I could never select the weapon I was always using it as soon as I collected it. So I guess you just wait when you hear a weapon named that means it was just awarded right? But how do you cycle through the weapons if you’re in the middle of a ball to select them? The rules sheet doesn’t say anything about that. I know you use the flipper buttons to select them but I don’t know when you can do that. Thanks!

#13118 1 year ago

I got it! This whole time I’ve been using weapons as soon as I got them and therefore was never able to cycle through them and use them properly. I bet you there’s a ton of people that don’t know how to use them correctly either. So I finally got it figured out. Once you collect a weapon it’ll show on the screen and the launch button will flash. Once you collect another weapon then anytime you hit the flipper it will cycle through the weapons and allow you to play the game at the same time. All you need to do is make sure you’re on the proper weapon when you hit the launch button. Now I bet I can really blow this game up I have not ever known how to play it properly until just now. Thanks guys for the help!

#13119 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yes, there are several interactions like that in the rules. I don't remember them all, but I believe the ones you mention are correct.

- Completing a Lifecycle increases future Ambush MB jackpot values.
- Destroying Eggs increases the value of future egg-related movie modes (Derelict Ship and Queen's Nest).
- Completing Vent 1 - Vent 2 - Vent 3 increases the value of future vent-related modes (Tunnel Hunt and Save Newt).

Another non-obvious rule is that during the APC movie mode, completing the A-P-C drop targets spots the current shot and increases shot value for the rest of the mode. (You can do that repeatedly; you could conceivably complete that entire mode just shooting the drop targets. That would be quite lucrative!)

#13120 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Another non-obvious rule is that during the APC movie mode, completing the A-P-C drop targets spots the current shot and increases shot value for the rest of the mode. (You can do that repeatedly; you could conceivably complete that entire mode just shooting the drop targets. That would be quite lucrative!)

That’s an awesome tip for apc. If the left ramp and orbit are lit and ball is cradled on left flipper another strategy for quickly completing those shots with that short timer. Very cool.

#13121 1 year ago

LV is in the house. what a stunning game. First time i've seen one.

alien1 (resized).jpgalien1 (resized).jpg

And they still play Deadpool

alien2 (resized).jpgalien2 (resized).jpg

alien3 (resized).jpgalien3 (resized).jpg

#13122 1 year ago

It seems to have game revision 2.5 does that mean i have to take extra steps to udate code and build it up to something? Or can i put 3.2 and .71 straight in on top of it?

Also, i did a thread search, but you can imagine how many hits i got when one of my keywords was flipper.

Thais thing has the flippers knocked down when hit with the ball. is that just a switch adjustment, or is there a recommended fix i'm not seeing for this?

#13123 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

It seems to have game revision 2.5 does that mean i have to take extra steps to udate code and build it up to something? Or can i put 3.2 and .71 straight in on top of it?
Also, i did a thread search, but you can imagine how many hits i got when one of my keywords was flipper.
Thais thing has the flippers knocked down when hit with the ball. is that just a switch adjustment, or is there a recommended fix i'm not seeing for this?

Do not jump straight ahead. You need to do 2.6 first as it has mosts of the LV enhancements on that update. Then you can jump up to 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 etc. Don't pass over 2.6. You will also need to update to .71 firmware once you get to 3.1 to take advantage of the staged flippers and quieter xeno mech.

#13124 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Do not jumps straight ahead. You need to do 2.6 first as it has mosts of the LV enhancements on that update. Then you can jump up to 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 etc. Don't pass over 2.6.

That sounds like you don't have any hold power. I'm not sure if that's adjustable in settings? See if you can up your hold power for those coils (whichever effected) in the settings menu.

#13125 1 year ago

Here you can find how to increase your Flipper bats "HOLD".

Adding power to the flipper HOLD you can avoid flipper collapse when catching a speedy ball.

How to do it?

- Push the black (Enter) to enter the TEST MENU
Use service button to +/- the strength in the menu system.

- TEST MENU
- ADJUSTMENTS
- SYSTEM
- ADJUSTMNET 40
" FLIPPER HOLD DUTY "

Factory is SET to 0% (default by game software)

- START increasing 10% and test it in game play.
If is not enough you can add more 5%
You can increase MAX up to + 30%.

PLEASE TEST IN GAME PLAY every time you increase power.

From Pinball Brothers website.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13126 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Do not jump straight ahead. You need to do 2.6 first as it has mosts of the LV enhancements on that update. Then you can jump up to 3.0, 3.1, 3.2 etc. Don't pass over 2.6. You will also need to update to .71 firmware once you get to 3.1 to take advantage of the staged flippers and quieter xeno mech.

Thanks, it looks a bit funny the rev, not the same as on my SV.

DSCF2056[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2056[1] (resized).jpg

DSCF2055[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2055[1] (resized).jpg

Hardware .02 Firmaware .57

DSCF2054[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2054[1] (resized).jpg

The PB website does not seem to have the 2.6 where the other downloads are showing, is it somewhere else?

#13127 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Thanks, it looks a bit funny the rev, not the same as on my SV.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
Hardware .02 Firmaware .57
[quoted image]
The PB website does not seem to have the 2.6 where the other downloads are showing, is it somewhere else?

The link Shawn sent me has expired. I'd email him for a link. He is very responsive and can get it to you quickly.

#13128 1 year ago

I can't even find an email address on their site. just lodge a ticket, or support links.

Who doesn't have a contact us page?

#13129 1 year ago

I should have my SV tomorrow if FedEx will get off their ass and deliver it. 3 fn days it’s sat at the same depot. I hope it has all the code and software updates I have been reading about in the forum.

#13130 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

LV is in the house. what a stunning game. First time i've seen one.
[quoted image]

Your LV is in SV mode. Wrong translite video.

#13131 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

Your LV is in SV mode. Wrong translite video.

I did see that in settings i think, LV attract mode. It also had staged flippers set to off, i assume i need to update before changing?

#13132 1 year ago

Cliffy should now have his legendary protectors available now as I sent him my spare playfield a couple weeks ago...

edit..yup their on his website...

#13133 1 year ago

Tweaked the leaf switches to fire in the correct order and finally turned on staged flippers last night. After decades of mashing flipper buttons, I feel like I'm going to have to relearn pinball from scratch!

#13134 1 year ago

Update was succesful yesti, thanks to paulbaptiste and shawn, but bugger, this morning i have a login screen.

DSCF2071[1] (resized).jpgDSCF2071[1] (resized).jpg

#13135 1 year ago

Well had this happen today on 3.2

Disappointed.

PXL_20230221_205515983.jpgPXL_20230221_205515983.jpg
#13136 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Update was succesful yesti, thanks to paulbaptise and shawn, but bugger, this morning i have a login screen.
[quoted image]

I've seen that once (unsure if it was with 3.1 or 3.2).

Did it come up correctly after cycling the power again?

#13137 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Update was succesful yesti, thanks to paulbaptise and shawn, but bugger, this morning i have a login screen.
[quoted image]

I had that happen to me after I updated to 3.2 - but I restarted again and strangely enough it's never re-appeared since. Is it happening every time you start it up?

Edit: looks like someone else had this issue too ^^

#13138 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Well had this happen today on 3.2
Disappointed. [quoted image]

Was this on power up, during game play or while the machine was left running in attract mode?

The black main monitor during power up is a common intermittent issue, although I've not seen the PB lamp stuck on red before.

#13139 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I've seen that once (unsure if it was with 3.1 or 3.2).
Did it come up correctly after cycling the power again?

Yes mate, seems fine now.

#13140 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Was this on power up, during game play or while the machine was left running in attract mode?
The black main monitor during power up is a common intermittent issue, although I've not seen the PB lamp stuck on red before.

I turned the machine on and had walked away and the main screen was off when I came back. The playfield lights were fine and cycling in attract mode as normal. I thought 3.2 fixed the screen issue.

#13141 1 year ago
Quoted from driph:

Tweaked the leaf switches to fire in the correct order and finally turned on staged flippers last night. After decades of mashing flipper buttons, I feel like I'm going to have to relearn pinball from scratch!

Was the upper and lower flippers wired backwards? If so how did you rewire them?

#13142 1 year ago

New owner as of today. Changed rubber, added soft rubber washers under posts. Only had one disconnected wire to the mini screen. Trying to get the zenomorf magnet to grab better. I’m on .57 and 3 for code and software.

2EFFC16F-6B11-4E23-A120-A469E7148D32 (resized).jpeg2EFFC16F-6B11-4E23-A120-A469E7148D32 (resized).jpeg
#13143 1 year ago

I had a blank main screen upon startup as well...advised Andrea...not sure it its been reported prior to my contacting her on it...

#13144 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

Was the upper and lower flippers wired backwards? If so how did you rewire them?

No rewiring. On my machine, I just adjusted the leaf switches on the flipper buttons so that the inner leaf (closest to the button, activates the lower flipper) contacts first, followed by the outer leaf. By default the firing order was backwards.

#13145 1 year ago
Quoted from smoothbore19:

New owner as of today. Changed rubber, added soft rubber washers under posts. Only had one disconnected wire to the mini screen. Trying to get the zenomorf magnet to grab better. I’m on .57 and 3 for code and software.
[quoted image]

Nice collection..A Judge Dread to I see.

#13146 1 year ago

And a few others hiding in the background

#13147 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I had a blank main screen upon startup as well...advised Andrea...not sure it its been reported prior to my contacting her on it...

Him

#13148 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

It depends, some owners have found the leaf switches wired backwards while others (including myself) simply needed to adjust the leaf gaps to correct the order. As driph has indicated the leaf closest to the button activates the lower flipper.

Note this has only come to light since staged flippers has been supported in the code, so the order the 2 leafs activated weren't important when most of our machines were built as it wasn't yet implemented in the code and had no impact on game play.

#13149 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Has me worried this is actually a hardware problem. The 3.2 version of the software said it added code to resolve this. Must be a tough nut to crack if it's been this long with no resolution. Hopefully it's actually solvable thru software.

#13150 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

It depends, some owners have found the leaf switches wired backwards while others (including myself) simply needed to adjust the leaf gaps to correct the order. As driph has indicated the leaf closest to the button activates the lower flipper.
Note this has only come to light since staged flippers has been supported in the code, so the order the 2 leafs activated weren't important when most of our machines were built as it wasn't yet implemented in the code and had no impact on game play.

Yes, I believe my right side is wired backwards. Do you know if the wiring to the leaf is soldered under the heat shrink? My gaps are good. If it were the left side I wouldn't care; lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 263 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/263 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.