Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 376.
#13001 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Does no one have any insight on the flipper overheating issue?

Nothing to really do except put a fan on the flipper coil if playing that long. Alien is not the only machine that has this happen with king game play. I haven’t noticed it yet since I don’t play for multiple hours at a time.

#13002 1 year ago

Hows the build quality of the SV vs LV currently? I know there was some issues with the original SVs early on but have the newer ones improved?

#13003 1 year ago

Just played a tournament with Alien for 2.5 straight hours of constant play yesterday. Not a single issue. The new code is excellent.

I didn't tell a single person about the tongue working (nobody had seen it work before) and everyone was awestruck.

#13004 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Hows the build quality of the SV vs LV currently? I know there was some issues with the original SVs early on but have the newer ones improved?

I had a very early run of the special version, it had quite a few issues. Mainly with the flipper mech and some board issues. The LV I have has very snappy flipper. The boards I think are the same but the updated code I think fixed alot of the issues with the early runs.

#13005 1 year ago

What is the LV attract mode in Settings? Is that the beacon?

I was going to post about the shaker on startup, but it looks like that one’s been addressed. Anyway, it’s awful. The game, though, is outstanding!

#13006 1 year ago

I had an SV with an April build date and then bought my friend's LV with a May/June build date. The LV just shoots better, felt more dialed in from the beginning. I didn't mention this because I thought I was crazy, but people kept saying the same thing to me. I love this game and if the LV is 100%, then the SV was maybe 80% with topper and light blades considered. SV with Pinstadiums would have been just fine for me really, but LV definitely feels like a step up even just from the way it feels when shooting it.

#13007 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

I have an LV that was delivered 3 weeks ago. My game plays just about perfect. The small issues I have experienced are as follows : Broken flipper spring (upper left), right side flippers wired backwards for dual stage, weapon light doesn't light, and spinners needed small adjustments. Nothing major; PB is definetely dialing it in.

#13008 1 year ago

So if you get one of the latest built SV’s is everything fixed or you would suggest just getting an LV? Looking for input because I’m considering buying one

#13009 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

So if you get one of the latest built SV’s is everything fixed or you would suggest just getting an LV? Looking for input because I’m considering buying one

If you can swing the cash buy the LV.
I think the added things make the upgrade worth it.

#13010 1 year ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

What is the LV attract mode in Settings? Is that the beacon?

It plays attract mode video that matches the LV backbox art.

#13011 1 year ago

I don’t remember any info on this but is it OK to now connect all the target light cables ? I’m playing now and just got finished with installs ,cleaning etc but I noticed I must have plugged one in ,the target to the right of Zeno , and I see that one lighting up under the target and the light on the insert seems to be changing more colors than the others .Please let me know if anyone has info on this

#13012 1 year ago

I have been meaning to ask but keep forgetting. Was this supposed to come with a manual?

#13013 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunder22:

I have been meaning to ask but keep forgetting. Was this supposed to come with a manual?

There is the online "manual"...
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/alien_old/operators-manual/

And the game play from the old machine...
https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000707814-alien-game-rules

#13014 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Nothing to really do except put a fan on the flipper coil if playing that long. Alien is not the only machine that has this happen with king game play. I haven’t noticed it yet since I don’t play for multiple hours at a time.

Maybe so but it was the only game that I had to pull due to poor flipper performance.

#13015 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

There are a few possibilities here.
One is the optos (as paulbaptiste mentions) so you can check that. If the ball is not being recognized, then it's an opto issue. You can easily check this through the test menu or by taking the glass off, pressing the 3 drop targets (activates hypersleep ball lock), and then throwing some balls up the ramp to see if the ball is registered as locked. If the ball is being recognized, but the chamber is not moving up and releasing the ball, then see below.
The hypersleep chamber is "hanging up" and not moving up to release the ball. There is a service bulletin to check if it's catching on an edge so you can look at that and attempt that fix (it's on the Pinball Brothers support page).
If it's not the "hanging up" issue, the next thing to check is if the hypersleep chamber is "too tight". This ended up being my issue. I resolved this by simply loosening the screws on the topside of the hypersleep chamber. You can check this by seeing how simple it is to lift the chamber with your hand. Mine was clearly tight and hard to move up. By just loosening those topside screws, it fixed it.
What is interesting is during a test switch in the menu system, I could activate the chamber to move up/down; but during gameplay it would not move up. A simple check to see if this is your issue is to take the glass off, throw a ball up the ramp into the chamber and closely look at the chamber. If it ever so slightly wiggles as if it's trying to move up, but doesn't move up to release the ball, then your chamber is stuck and either needs fixed through the service bulletin method or by just loosening the screws.
To help moving forward, I upped the strength of the chamber and now have it at the max of +50% (it's a setting in the menu system).
Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out.

So reporting back..
All optos seem to be working fine. I went into the test switches and after each ball added the switches became active. I lossened the two screws on the hyperchamper so maybe that's it. Or could have just been a weird bug, who knows. Not exactly sure how you check the alignment, but everything seems pretty normal.

#13016 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I don’t remember any info on this but is it OK to now connect all the target light cables ? I’m playing now and just got finished with installs ,cleaning etc but I noticed I must have plugged one in ,the target to the right of Zeno , and I see that one lighting up under the target and the light on the insert seems to be changing more colors than the others .Please let me know if anyone has info on this

Yes. Plug them all in!

#13017 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Yes. Plug them all in!

Thanks PB

#13018 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

In the club! I will start its own topic soon, but a sneak peak of next wireform mod. I need to plate the tail nex. And I am working on it being animated swinging over playfield. Awesome game! And it needs to look more menacing. The tail will extend over the pops to the head. I want it to look like its attacking you with the tail.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe. Looks terribly big!

</blockquot

#13019 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Maybe. Looks terribly big!

Its a work in progress and has moved over to this scaled down version with mesh sheeting. Still improving tail whip mech and I started on the grabbing hand behind monitor. Will try to animate the fingers as well. But yes it was too big. But the only way to figure it out is to build something.

1CA666D0-0530-44AB-AB52-6A630409D979 (resized).jpeg1CA666D0-0530-44AB-AB52-6A630409D979 (resized).jpeg2C1E7115-4563-4CEC-8C1A-1FEF8A4A8B3C (resized).jpeg2C1E7115-4563-4CEC-8C1A-1FEF8A4A8B3C (resized).jpegDAF2AAAC-C299-4231-A97B-669C6119CEDE (resized).jpegDAF2AAAC-C299-4231-A97B-669C6119CEDE (resized).jpegFAA1B8FC-772C-40D2-A3D9-743C6C1E0300 (resized).jpegFAA1B8FC-772C-40D2-A3D9-743C6C1E0300 (resized).jpeg
#13020 1 year ago

The hand has cool potential. The tail still looks off IMHO.

#13021 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I have the SV, and though I'm jealous of the LV owners, you can buy two LED light strips , fix them to the GI, and velcro them to the apron to get that playfield lighting with all the effects and everything. The way if flips and feels is exactly the same as the LV, as I've played them both. The LED strip is a $15 add-on and it'll light up the playfield just fine. You could also buy the apron mod for 650 and it does the same thing (which is what I did).

I'm more of a player than collector. I purchased a used SV for 8k and I'm delighted to have it. The 3-4k I saved buying a NIB LV is used towards other pins. I'd make the same decision all over again. My game is on location at The Pinball Co-op for everyone to play it. Putting an LV in that spot would make no difference. If you're only looking to play the game, SV is fine.

If I was a collector and I knew I was going to keep this game for 5-10 years, I'd splurge the extra on the LV. If I had extra money to burn, I'd also get the LV.

Why not buy used?

#13022 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I have the SV, and though I'm jealous of the LV owners, you can buy two LED light strips , fix them to the GI, and velcro them to the apron to get that playfield lighting with all the effects and everything. The way if flips and feels is exactly the same as the LV, as I've played them both. The LED strip is a $15 add-on and it'll light up the playfield just fine. You could also buy the apron mod for 650 and it does the same thing (which is what I did).
I'm more of a player than collector. I purchased a used SV for 8k and I'm delighted to have it. The 3-4k I saved buying a NIB LV is used towards other pins. I'd make the same decision all over again. My game is on location at The Pinball Co-op for everyone to play it. Putting an LV in that spot would make no difference. If you're only looking to play the game, SV is fine.
If I was a collector and I knew I was going to keep this game for 5-10 years, I'd splurge the extra on the LV. If I had extra money to burn, I'd also get the LV.
Why not buy used?

Great and I agree,I also added the becons from lermods for 175.00 you get a great effect,I have mine turn on when the airlock inserts lights.Cleland also did it and there is different light mode you can select! Love the lv but I like the stainless industrial look better.

#13023 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Why not buy used?

Would love to see where to get the led strip to light up each side of the pf and where you plug it in. The beacons and extra lighting make the LV look nicer but for just over $200 you can make the SV look much better.

#13024 1 year ago

Installed the new firmware and code. On the first reboot I got a black screen

Sent in my logs.

#13025 1 year ago

Can you install a shaker motor on a standard/special version?

#13026 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Installed the new firmware and code. On the first reboot I got a black screen
Sent in my logs.

Prob the biggest thing holding me back are the non stop issues that some owners have that seem totally random.

#13027 1 year ago

billsfanmd I have an SV built May 22- I have not had any real problems at all- I get the Black screen on about every 10th startup. I assume it is something minor like a handshake issue with the HDMI cables. Other than that it has been a complete beast plus PB Support is second to none.

#13028 1 year ago

Just added the stasis mod last night. Looks pretty awesome with that little face hugger in there

473ADC73-9CD4-41E4-AB45-A253A3B219CE (resized).jpeg473ADC73-9CD4-41E4-AB45-A253A3B219CE (resized).jpeg
#13029 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Just added the stasis mod last night. Looks pretty awesome with that little face hugger in there
[quoted image]

That looks awesome! I think I want that.

#13030 1 year ago

So anybody out there put a shaker in a standard? Is it doable

#13031 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

I don't believe the shaker is coded for SV. I really don't think it is even necessary though.

#13032 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I don't believe the shaker is coded for SV. I really don't think it is even necessary though.

I kinda agree...I have an LV and with the sound turned up, the base feels like a shaker...only time I know it is shaking is when I feel it in my knees if they are touching the corners of the cabinet.

#13033 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Would love to see where to get the led strip to light up each side of the pf and where you plug it in. The beacons and extra lighting make the LV look nicer but for just over $200 you can make the SV look much better.

Yeah me too, lol. I saw it on a youtube or FB video well after I purchased the apron and I thought "Well, damn. I could have done that!"

That was a while ago. I've looked at so many videos since then, I can't find it.

#13034 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I wouldn't want to play without the shaker! it's waaayy too integrated to leave out.

#13035 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

[quoted image]

that IS cool...I like where mine is, and it gives me space for my animatronic sentry guns This is not his mod, it's from some Neca toy or something else..but blocks some light bleed at the front of the right artblade, and, well anyways either way is cool to me!

Image-1 (resized).jpegImage-1 (resized).jpeg
#13036 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

that IS cool...I like where mine is, and it gives me space for my animatronic sentry guns This is not his mod, it's from some Neca toy or something else..but blocks some light bleed at the front of the right artblade, and, well anyways either way is cool to me!
[quoted image]

To be clear our mod is NOT the Neca version nor any other version you can buy.

#13037 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Great and I agree,I also added the becons from lermods for 175.00 you get a great effect,I have mine turn on when the airlock inserts lights.Cleland also did it and there is different light mode you can select! Love the lv but I like the stainless industrial look better.

I had the same opinion on the SV at one point. But due to a unique set of circumstances, I ended up with an LV, and I'm happy I have it instead of the SV. Isn't it funny how that works?

Regarding the beacons, I have both the LV and apron add-on beacons (from Evolution Mods) on mine. The stock LV beacons go off during loader battle, self-destruct, and queens nest. These are musts for those modes, IMO however, they are not very bright, so I barely notice them going off while playing. I'd say they are more suited for entertaining the people watching you play. The add-ons are much brighter and light up the entire area, thereby adding significantly to the modes they go off on (primary multiballs). It's interesting how you have yours tied to the airlock inserts. I would suspect it would feel much more random when they go off with that setup.

#13038 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:So if you get one of the latest built SV’s is everything fixed or you would suggest just getting an LV? Looking for input because I’m considering buying one

Quoted from musketd:

Can you install a shaker motor on a standard/special version?

Quoted from musketd:

!!IMO!!

The SV backbox is more appropriate. No shaker.

The LV has staged flippers. And shaker.

The game isnt going to shake to “We Will Rock You”…dont think it’s necessary. The bass is aboomin.

Kinks (98%) are worked out of the SV. Future updates will just separate the SV & LV difference. Fun. Just deep enough. Better theme integration than Stranger Things.

!!IMO!!

#13039 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

!!IMO!!
The game isnt going to shake to “We Will Rock You”…dont think it’s necessary. The bass is aboomin.
Kinks (98%) are worked out of the SV. Future updates will just separate the SV & LV difference. Fun. Just deep enough. Better theme integration than Stranger Things.
!!IMO!!

So which one would you suggest lv or sv

#13040 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

So which one would you suggest lv or sv

SV sitting here

#13041 1 year ago

Awesome thank you for the input; greatly appreciated

#13042 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I had the same opinion on the SV at one point. But due to a unique set of circumstances, I ended up with an LV, and I'm happy I have it instead of the SV. Isn't it funny how that works?
Regarding the beacons, I have both the LV and apron add-on beacons (from Evolution Mods) on mine. The stock LV beacons go off during loader battle, self-destruct, and queens nest. These are musts for those modes, IMO however, they are not very bright, so I barely notice them going off while playing. I'd say they are more suited for entertaining the people watching you play. The add-ons are much brighter and light up the entire area, thereby adding significantly to the modes they go off on (primary multiballs). It's interesting how you have yours tied to the airlock inserts. I would suspect it would feel much more random when they go off with that setup.

confused....so the stock LV beacons not to impressive? what are the add-ons? So if you have an LV you remove them and add these? Makes we want to get the SV and upgrade....ok just saw their site. Much better beacons....any more details. Again makes the SV a better value if you have to buy better beacons. However, looks like they are sold out anyway

#13043 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

!!IMO!!
!!IMO!!

Quoted from musketd:

Awesome thank you for the input; greatly appreciated

In the end I don't think you can go wrong with either. However, I wouldnt based your decision based on the appropriate backglass. The lv of the queen alien is appropriate too as this game is alien and aliens imo. If you want to get super technical with the game you can find a bunch of things not truley accurate with artwork ect. For example the xenomorph in the game is a warrior alien (technically closer to the alien covenant xeno) and not big chap. Things like that.

What I personally like best about my LV is those lightest art blades. The SV is super dark (plays into the theme) but I like the added touched of the light. Honestly you can't go wrong with either one. But which ever one you can afford and or want more. I think both goes are great bangs for your buck. I do agree I dont think a game has better theme integration than this game.

#13044 1 year ago

Ordered a SV yesterday hopefully it’ll be here early next week. Any suggestions for things to lookout for when setting it up? (This is my first non Williams or Stern pin) and must have mods?

#13045 1 year ago

I've got a trouble ticket in with Pinball Brothers on this, but figured I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has an idea on how to get my non-booting SV working. Game was working fine at my Superbowl party and came back to turn it off once everyone left and the game was off. Later I found the left most fuse had popped out. I put it back in and while the game has power to some extent, it won't boot. Several lights on the boards under the playfield work for example board 6 D13 and D14, board 7 D13, D14, D16, D17 and D18 and sometimes board 1 D20. Also, the backbox, Red_Devils apron and tracker mods lights up as well.
Pinball Brothers has had me move each of the three fuses into a different socket and I've sent pictures of both boards in the controller box, but nothing looks burnt. All the connectors are plugged in and nothing else obvious looks wrong.

#13046 1 year ago

Can anyone confirm that is I get any of the widebody invisaglass (JJP, Stern or PDI) that it will fit on our Alien.

#13047 1 year ago

I just upgraded to 3.2. Did I see somewhere that you have to do something special for target light number five?

#13048 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

I just upgraded to 3.2. Did I see somewhere that you have to do something special for target light number five?

setup a ticket with pinball bros..give them your address and explain the 'missing target 5 wire'..you'll recieve one before you know it..and search this thread for that, and the pictures will show you exactly where to place it.

#13049 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

confused....so the stock LV beacons not to impressive? what are the add-ons? So if you have an LV you remove them and add these? Makes we want to get the SV and upgrade....ok just saw their site. Much better beacons....any more details. Again makes the SV a better value if you have to buy better beacons. However, looks like they are sold out anyway

Not so much. I like that they're there and go off during loader battle and self-destruct, but they are underwhelming compared to the Evolution Mods variants. I didn't remove the LV beacons, I have them both installed.

For selfish reasons, I would much rather you buy the SV. It helps to keep the LVs more exclusive. But I also totally understand why someone would lean that way. I'm all for saving a couple of grand if there's not a huge "bang for the buck".

#13050 1 year ago

I just bought both. I don't care for the flashing lights, my SV came with them, but i've never plugged them in. Worked under them for enough years to not think they are fun.

5th target also lights on my sv.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.