100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 377.
#12951 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Upright completely, now the right works and the left doesn’t. Something is obviously getting crimped it seems.
[quoted image]

I like how you’re grouping the themes together…..

#12952 1 year ago

I'm excited to try this update. The tongue hasn't worked very well since the last update, it kept loading with a black screen, and it kept resetting if anyone did good enough. Started to look like a lemon.

This update is supposed to fix all three things. If so, BEST UPDATE EVER!

EDIT: It fixed all three things. The Xeno magnet worked 100% of the time (10 in-game tests) and the Xeno tongue also worked all 10 times, and not only did it work but it was smooth as hell and it released the ball perfectly every time. Game booted with no issues, didn't get a black screen, and zero resets mid-game.

GJ guys. This is the best update yet. Nailed it!

#12953 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I installed the same updates on my LV this evening. Game plays like absolute butter now, everything is just perfect! Even got Hypersleep multiball two times playing a dozen games for about 30 minutes. But good lord this game is brutal, wow. I mean, the best I could do was about 50M tonight. This thing is so fast and furious and the outlines are vicious.
It’s one of those pins that just pisses you off, but you keep pressing the start button over again until your wrists are like wet noodles. Alien makes JP and GZ feel like a walk in the park. Missed shots and flailing play lead to quick drains and this game requires a lot of nudging and lighting fast reflexes! It’s a keeper for sure, but man does this game grind my gears, lol
Can’t help but become a better player with this beast! I need to watch some Bowen tutorials or something and figure out the secret sauce to unlock this masterpiece. Hope to reach All Out War someday! My best so far is 218M and that was one of those once in a blue moon “in the zone” games when I got quite a few extra balls. [quoted image][quoted image]

I also find it brutal. Which pisses me off and delights me all at the same time because I know I will be getting my money's worth. I've had the game about 2 weeks and so far my high score is 77,000,000. Lol.

#12954 1 year ago

LV-248 has hit the mancave. Put about 10 plays on it so far. No issues out of box. What's the new update fix from the previous code/firmware

20230211_094047 (resized).jpg20230211_094047 (resized).jpg
#12955 1 year ago

Not sure if anyone else has ball jumping over the right wireform 180 ramp. A hard shot on my machine sends the ball over the rail onto playfield.
Making this wireform just for my tail whip mechanism, but if there was interest in this wireform by itself I would do them. The ball can’t go anywhere but down the wireform. Its 3 hours labor and with materials would be under $200 shipped. I will post a play video when I can.

722C35E7-0368-4289-9DB0-BC11864DD020 (resized).jpeg722C35E7-0368-4289-9DB0-BC11864DD020 (resized).jpeg5EDD81E5-8103-4D53-9888-06A6B3191DEC (resized).jpeg5EDD81E5-8103-4D53-9888-06A6B3191DEC (resized).jpeg814291F4-4483-4593-AC9B-B234550C4008 (resized).jpeg814291F4-4483-4593-AC9B-B234550C4008 (resized).jpeg
#12956 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

Not sure if anyone else has ball jumping over the right wireform 180 ramp. A hard shot on my machine sends the ball over the rail onto playfield.
Making this wireform just for my tail whip mechanism, but if there was interest in this wireform by itself I would do them. The ball can’t go anywhere but down the wireform. Its 3 hours labor and with materials would be under $200 shipped. I will post a play video when I can.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

now THAT is NICE! ...btw, where did you get that plastic ball diverter (or decal?) that extends over that scoop? looks slick

#12957 1 year ago

Only seem to get no update found...

#12958 1 year ago

I don’t know what y’all are talking about but that update didn’t doanythinffor me. Xenomorph still only grabs the ball when it feels like it, not all the time and today I had to restart my game 6 times

#12959 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

now THAT is NICE! ...btw, where did you get that plastic ball diverter (or decal?) that extends over that scoop? looks slick

Came with the machine so not sure?

Last mod post here, but I have the proto type tail whip mod figured out. Maybe you can see the potential in it now. This is friction plates on a swivel, it is loose and sloppy as a result. I wont have the bearings until Monday. The tail will be supported and installed through a ball bearing housing just behind the scoop. Damn it it is alive! And there is my blodd on it already….

Redesigning tail to be lighter going to use black wireform loom and weld spikes only on spine. The loom should look good, we will see. Heres the topic I am going to use that over owners thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-xenomorph-whipping-tail-wireform-mod

#12960 1 year ago

Last mod post here, but I have the proto type tail whip mod figured out. Maybe you can see the potential in it now. This is friction plates on a swivel, it is loose and sloppy as a result. I wont have the bearings until Monday. The tail will be supported and installed through a ball bearing housing just behind the scoop. Damn it it is alive! And there is my blodd on it already….

This didn’t catch my interest as a static mod but the actual tail whip is great. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. I think you’ll have plenty of buyers if it looks “OEM.”

#12961 1 year ago

My tilt bob connector is not connected and I cannot locate where to attach it. It's a simple 2 pin connector with a clip and just loose in the cabinet with about 2 feet of cabling that is zip tied. You'd think I would have discovered this much earlier but I thought I was just being a nudge master. Sadly, I was not. Also, sadly I'm not a master of anything pinball related.

Can anyone send a pic or tell me where to connect this?

#12962 1 year ago

Alien SV owner here and updated to 3.2 and firmware at 0.71. I don’t see any improvement with Xenomorph or black screen (to me it got worse).
Black Screen: had to restart 5-6 times today before it kicked on. Didn’t have this problem with 3.1.
Xenomorph: grinding sound still happening during initial calibration - is this normal? Also, jaw remains open sometimes during ambush multiball but then closes when ball drains. Normal? I haven’t had any improvement on magnet catching ball and Xenomorph eating it. Sometimes the tongue comes out and eats it (sometimes magnet doesn’t grab ball but tongue comes out, sometimes tongue and/or mouth doesn’t open at all and multiball starts). It actually seems like the code updates have made it worse. Am I missing something? I’ve reloaded the code update a few times to see if that helps.
Also been seeing error a lot in all Xenomorph tests (see pic)

3781F11D-BC11-4A90-9302-BDF97BECB64B (resized).jpeg3781F11D-BC11-4A90-9302-BDF97BECB64B (resized).jpeg
#12963 1 year ago

At what point is the xenomorph tongue supposed to come out? Pretty sure it’s not working at all. And under the first test option (similar screen or same screen as above) it says error

I think I’m 3.0 and 0.57

#12964 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

My tilt bob connector is not connected and I cannot locate where to attach it. It's a simple 2 pin connector with a clip and just loose in the cabinet with about 2 feet of cabling that is zip tied. You'd think I would have discovered this much earlier but I thought I was just being a nudge master. Sadly, I was not. Also, sadly I'm not a master of anything pinball related.
Can anyone send a pic or tell me where to connect this?

I’ll check in AM see if this was answered if not I’ll send a pic

#12965 1 year ago
Quoted from Sknee543:

Alien SV owner here and updated to 3.2 and firmware at 0.71. I don’t see any improvement with Xenomorph or black screen (to me it got worse).
Black Screen: had to restart 5-6 times today before it kicked on. Didn’t have this problem with 3.1.
Xenomorph: grinding sound still happening during initial calibration - is this normal? Also, jaw remains open sometimes during ambush multiball but then closes when ball drains. Normal? I haven’t had any improvement on magnet catching ball and Xenomorph eating it. Sometimes the tongue comes out and eats it (sometimes magnet doesn’t grab ball but tongue comes out, sometimes tongue and/or mouth doesn’t open at all and multiball starts). It actually seems like the code updates have made it worse. Am I missing something? I’ve reloaded the code update a few times to see if that helps.
Also been seeing error a lot in all Xenomorph tests (see pic)[quoted image]

I would re run your update .Have you checked PBs website for troubleshooting ?

#12966 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenBeard:

At what point is the xenomorph tongue supposed to come out? Pretty sure it’s not working at all. And under the first test option (similar screen or same screen as above) it says error
I think I’m 3.0 and 0.57

Try the latest update .

#12967 1 year ago

My 2 boys have 7 friends staying over the night and Alien was the most played by a country mile . I’m not surprised at all as the honeymoon has been in the rear view mirror and I still can’t get enough of this game .I was just “pin thinking “and realized a good handful of my all time favorite modes/MBs are in this pin .I’m at a 4 pin limit for 6-8 years so it takes a lot to get downstairs in this home .I was surprised all 3 of us chose to sell RushLE (to buy GZprem) ahead of Alien LV but I won’t be surprised when it outlasts any others

#12968 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My 2 boys have 7 friends staying over the night and Alien was the most played by a country mile . I’m not surprised at all as the honeymoon has been in the rear view mirror and I still can’t get enough of this game .I was just “pin thinking “and realized a good handful of my all time favorite modes/MBs are in this pin .I’m at a 4 pin limit for 6-8 years so it takes a lot to get downstairs in this home .I was surprised all 3 of us chose to sell RushLE (to buy GZprem) ahead of Alien LV but I won’t be surprised when it outlasts any others

I agree - other than the xenomorph’s inconsistency this game is so freaking addicting. The audio and the immersiveness are next level! My 5 year old daughter can’t get enough of this one.

#12969 1 year ago

LV 274 in the shed!! Very brutal game but loving it .
The only issue I’ve had is the springs on the flippers Keep breaking!!! Has anyone else had this? thinking I may need to sand the housing to make it less sharp possibly? Thoughts?

34CF53AC-3351-4DEA-A990-FFBD13AAF47D (resized).jpeg34CF53AC-3351-4DEA-A990-FFBD13AAF47D (resized).jpeg
#12970 1 year ago
Quoted from Nato01:

The only issue I’ve had is the springs on the flippers Keep breaking!!! Has anyone else had this? thinking I may need to sand the housing to make it less sharp possibly? Thoughts?
[quoted image]

Yup- had the same problem- cheap springs I think. I just restretched them (yeah both) a little and put them back on-works flawlessly-survived several home leagues. I have some replacement springs ready…

#12971 1 year ago
Quoted from Nato01:

[quoted image]

I also had the 2 springs for the left flippers break. I just grabbed a couple of loops from the existing spring and looped it over. No issues so far and I have 4 spare springs (Thank you PB Bros).

#12972 1 year ago

Came with the machine so not sure?
Redesigning tail to be lighter going to use black wireform loom and weld spikes only on spine. The loom should look good, we will see. Heres the topic I am going to use that over owners thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-xenomorph-whipping-tail-wireform-mod

Very cool. Your onto something special. Keep up the great work and let us know when it's time log into PayPal.

#12973 1 year ago
Quoted from Nato01:

[quoted image]

this seems to be a common issue, at least with the LV..my theory is that when you boot up the machine (and during gameplay), that wild shaker motor helps 'saw' the spring against the sharp metal brackets even further...I've lost the 2 right flippers in owning my LV for a month now. I did get replacements..but the uppper flipper I reused the spring and put painters' tape where it is being held. not as pretty as shaving the sharpness off the bracket I imagine..ymmv. I personally wouldn't stretch the spings..you want to have that tight rebound in the flippers, at least I do.

#12974 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

I also had the 2 springs for the left flippers break. I just grabbed a couple of loops from the existing spring and looped it over. No issues so far and I have 4 spare springs (Thank you PB Bros).

Thought I read somewhere that flipper mechs are interchangeable with 90’s B/W? If so, the B/W’s springs from PinballLife seem better quality.

#12975 1 year ago

I tried to use Alien in our Pin-golf tournament. Good turnout so the machine was getting a ton of play.

Unfortunately I had to pull it after a couple hours or so because the right upper flipper was overheating and too weak to make the side ramp which was the objective on the machine.

Other than adding a Flipper coil fan has there been any documentation of a more proper solution to this issue?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12976 1 year ago

LV 368 in the house.

Don’t, for any reason, ever ever, ever, ever try to take the head off. I always have to remove the head to get games down to the basement and Alien was giant pain in the ass. The beacons and speaker are attached to the cabinet and zip tied all to shit. I sorted it out, but it was ugly.

Anyway, of course the game rocks. Knock on wood, no problems thus far.

6FB5AACA-155C-4588-B3AF-0D75A3D64F35 (resized).jpeg6FB5AACA-155C-4588-B3AF-0D75A3D64F35 (resized).jpegC622988F-3EEE-44BD-BED3-AFD4E1616ACF (resized).jpegC622988F-3EEE-44BD-BED3-AFD4E1616ACF (resized).jpeg64327402-3FA5-4014-9545-A037808EFA94 (resized).jpeg64327402-3FA5-4014-9545-A037808EFA94 (resized).jpeg

#12977 1 year ago

My magnet still will never completely catch. I lowered flipper strength. I pushed up the magnet strength. Nothing.

#12978 1 year ago

My LV got picked up in Melbourne day before yesterday. Looking forward to comparing it with the SV and deciding which one to keep in the next few days.

Thanks for sparking my excitement again!

I swapped this fully restored Taxi and a nice Spy Hunter for it. This is them after they arrived at ol mates places.

329909893_568876664962775_2806436738783403086_n (resized).jpg329909893_568876664962775_2806436738783403086_n (resized).jpg

#12979 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

My LV got picked up in Melbourne day before yesterday. Looking forward to comparing it with the SV and deciding which one to keep in the next few days.
Thanks for sparking my excitement again!
I swapped this fully restored Taxi and a nice Spy Hunter for it. This is them after they arrived at ol mates places.
[quoted image]

Dude. You scored that LV for those??? you def. got the better deal!!!

#12980 1 year ago

Hey quick question. The very few times I hit the hyper chamber shot about half the time it recognizes and the other times it just sits in there. When the ball search happens it does not release it from the chamber and have to take off the glass and manually lift it to release the ball. Anyone have any suggestions.

#12981 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Hey quick question. The very few times I hit the hyper chamber shot about half the time it recognizes and the other times it just sits in there. When the ball search happens it does not release it from the chamber and have to take off the glass and manually lift it to release the ball. Anyone have any suggestions.

You need to put in switch test mode and put a ball/s in the hypersleep chamber and see if the optos are working.

#12982 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Check the playfield alignment, and verify that it isn't pushed over to the left side pinching the chamber.

#12983 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

There are a few possibilities here.

One is the optos (as paulbaptiste mentions) so you can check that. If the ball is not being recognized, then it's an opto issue. You can easily check this through the test menu or by taking the glass off, pressing the 3 drop targets (activates hypersleep ball lock), and then throwing some balls up the ramp to see if the ball is registered as locked. If the ball is being recognized, but the chamber is not moving up and releasing the ball, then see below.

The hypersleep chamber is "hanging up" and not moving up to release the ball. There is a service bulletin to check if it's catching on an edge so you can look at that and attempt that fix (it's on the Pinball Brothers support page).

If it's not the "hanging up" issue, the next thing to check is if the hypersleep chamber is "too tight". This ended up being my issue. I resolved this by simply loosening the screws on the topside of the hypersleep chamber. You can check this by seeing how simple it is to lift the chamber with your hand. Mine was clearly tight and hard to move up. By just loosening those topside screws, it fixed it.

What is interesting is during a test switch in the menu system, I could activate the chamber to move up/down; but during gameplay it would not move up. A simple check to see if this is your issue is to take the glass off, throw a ball up the ramp into the chamber and closely look at the chamber. If it ever so slightly wiggles as if it's trying to move up, but doesn't move up to release the ball, then your chamber is stuck and either needs fixed through the service bulletin method or by just loosening the screws.

To help moving forward, I upped the strength of the chamber and now have it at the max of +50% (it's a setting in the menu system).

Hope this helps. Let us know how it turns out.

#12984 1 year ago

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll work on it later and report back. Much appreciated.

#12985 1 year ago

Hey all, for those of you that've replaced your launch ball lights with brighter LEDs, who sells a good 12v LED that'll fit in that button? The few I had on hand are either too wide or deep to fit okay.

Edit: found one! https://www.pinballlife.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=abl_12V_slimLED

#12986 1 year ago
Quoted from Pajero:

Check the playfield alignment, and verify that it isn't pushed over to the left side pinching the chamber.

This was/is also my issue. Beyond playfield alignment, the hypersleep “elevator” itself may not be sitting level. I was able to improve by 1) loosening the coil/plunger mech below the playfield and retightening and 2) loosening the hexpost where it attaches to the wood siderail and retightening - both while holding the elevator in a level position. It’s 50/50 now and 100% with a small nudge when needed. Hopefully PB will be able to address by making code less sensitive to the opto dropping out.

#12987 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Dude. You scored that LV for those??? you def. got the better deal!!!

I second that!!

#12988 1 year ago
Quoted from Nato01:

I second that!!

I added some cash and paid for transport both ways. It worked out pretty square. Taxi was like a brand new machine, new playfield, decals, backglass, everything.

Ol mate is a B/W man like myself. One of those deals where both ends are happy. There's a reason his Alien only had 50 games on it.

Not everyone raves about them like you guys. It's a good game, but it ain't Deadpool.

#12989 1 year ago

Where do you all buy replacement stand up targets? The button on one of my has completely fallen off. Looks like their site is sold out.

#12990 1 year ago
Quoted from Sknee543:

Also been seeing error a lot in all Xenomorph tests (see pic)[quoted image]

This is weird. All these issues were fixed when I updated it.

I wonder if I would do a fresh install. Just delete all updates or reset the machine -- however it works -- and then try 3.2 and 0.71. The updates are night and day difference for me.

#12991 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Where do you all buy replacement stand up targets? The button on one of my has completely fallen off. Looks like their site is sold out.

If it's under warranty you should be able to get a replacement directly from PB support.

#12992 1 year ago

fsumassey my xeno targets and weapons targets on the scoops were getting pretty beat up and bent causing some airballs. I took the targets out- bent them back into place and dialed down the lower flipper power a little (which actually made the game a little better for me) - I do feel like I will need some new targets soon though as they took a little damage prior to my adjustments-

#12993 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

my xeno targets and weapons targets on the scoops were getting pretty beat up and bent causing some airballs. I took the targets out- bent them back into place and dialed down the lower flipper power a little (which actually made the game a little better for me) - I do feel like I will need some new targets soon though as they took a little damage prior to my adjustments-

I considered doing this as well. What did you set them to and what do you have your pitch at?

#12994 1 year ago
Quoted from Nato01:

I second that!!

I also got my SV by swapping a nice Theatre of Magic for it.

#12995 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

fsumassey my xeno targets and weapons targets on the scoops were getting pretty beat up and bent causing some airballs. I took the targets out- bent them back into place and dialed down the lower flipper power a little (which actually made the game a little better for me) - I do feel like I will need some new targets soon though as they took a little damage prior to my adjustments-

Do you have the latest targets. They are stronger and don't bend as easily.

#12996 1 year ago

My targets are original - may 2022 build-

#12997 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Sounds like you got the v1 or v2? If you have an LV they should be v3. If you don't, I would suggest opening a ticket to PB and getting the v3's.

#12998 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

Post a pic of your target mech however my LV (build date January 2022) came with the latest v3 targets

#12999 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Find the button in the cab and resolder it to the board. It's pretty easy. This has happened to me a few times. Putting some extra solder on the connections has made them stronger for me.

#13000 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I tried to use Alien in our Pin-golf tournament. Good turnout so the machine was getting a ton of play.
Unfortunately I had to pull it after a couple hours or so because the right upper flipper was overheating and too weak to make the side ramp which was the objective on the machine.
Other than adding a Flipper coil fan has there been any documentation of a more proper solution to this issue?

Does no one have any insight on the flipper overheating issue?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/260 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.