Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 376.
#12851 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Impressive light show, but not at all what I’m looking for.
I’m looking for something like this, but preferably continue the strobing until the ball is eaten.

My video seems to be doing exactly what you're saying, including strobe until the ball is eaten. It may be hard to see with all the backbox crap and beacon stuff going on. I'll publish this update soon and we can see what additional changes are desired.

#12852 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

My video seems to be doing exactly what you're saying, including strobe until the ball is eaten. It may be hard to see with all the backbox crap and beacon stuff going on. I'll publish this update soon and we can see what additional changes are desired.

Yeah, it is hard to tell in your video.

#12853 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Impressive light show, but not at all what I’m looking for.
I’m looking for something like this, but preferably continue the strobing until the ball is eaten.

that's cool, and yeah, your idea of it strobing until the xeno closes its' mouth is a good one.

#12854 1 year ago

I think you guys are confused. It already does that. However, you can set the speed and color so not everyone's is going to look the same. Also, the difference is that when it happens, the beacons also come on. I thought the suggestion was to have only the strobe go while the xeno was grabbing the ball, rather than both the strobe and beacons.

It won't be as noticeable as you think because the pf is still lit up during that action about 75% of the time (and really hard to capture on video). And honestly, I could be imagining it, but I am almost positive that on rare occasion it will black out the pf while it happens.

To clarify something. If that video that was posted was MKPin's apron mod, I believe he used real strobes. Those will give a different intensity than LED strobe simulation.

#12855 1 year ago

Finally updated to 3.1 from 2.6. So far so good. 2.7 was soo bad I have not updated since.
The only issue I had with 2.6 when the machine sat for a period of time the playfield leds would lock and it wouldn't start a game and I would have to reboot.

#12856 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Finally updated to 3.1 from 2.6. So far so good. 2.7 was soo bad I have not updated since.
The only issue I had with 2.6 when the machine sat for a period of time the playfield leds would lock and it wouldn't start a game and I would have to reboot.

I think most peoples issues now are related to the newest firmware. I've not been brave enough to update either yet (on 2.8 and has been stable).

#12857 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Is that from MK's apron mod?
The mod already does that based on how you have it set up, it just doesn't always start right at that point, sometimes it is delayed. The bigger issue is that the game itself doesn't always turn off the lighting. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't, so it's less impactful.
This is sort of what I am getting at. I don't remember where exactly what I"m thinking happened, but this is close. Rather than a solid going strobe, more of a flash of emergency....then full on strobing when the balls are out.
at 2:00

No it is from the Heighway Alien thread. Does the apron mod have a dedicated flasher for the xenomorph? If not then it is unlikely to achieve the same effect.

#12858 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

No it is from the Heighway Alien thread. Does the apron mod have a dedicated flasher for the xenomorph? If not then it is unlikely to achieve the same effect.

Yeah, that's mk6pin's apron mod. His has a couple small real strobes at the back of the pf which should give a more intense strobe effect. You won't be able to replicate that completely with this implementation. However, that being said, it is still very good. It does the same effect, it is just coming from the front and is LED's flashing like strobes. I would just say it is probably 'dimmer' overall - I haven't seen his in person so can't say for sure. You just can't replicate true strobes 100%. (I know, I've tried for haunt decorations..flashing LED's are missing an element of how strobes work that give them the effect but it's close enough for most things)

#12859 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Yeah, that's mk6pin's apron mod. His has a couple small real strobes at the back of the pf which should give a more intense strobe effect. You won't be able to replicate that completely with this implementation. However, that being said, it is still very good. It does the same effect, it is just coming from the front and is LED's flashing like strobes. I would just say it is probably 'dimmer' overall - I haven't seen his in person so can't say for sure. You just can't replicate true strobes 100%. (I know, I've tried for haunt decorations..flashing LED's are missing an element of how strobes work that give them the effect but it's close enough for most things)

Actually you can. If someone feels adventurous and wants to try something, PM me.

#12860 1 year ago

I have noticed the black screen on 3.1 seems to be happening less and less.

It was every second or third time i turned it on each day when first installed.
Seems to be once a week or less it happens now. Dunno if that's coincidental or impossible, but it's an observation nonetheless.

#12861 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Actually you can. If someone feels adventurous and wants to try something, PM me.

Really? I'd be curious how that's pulled off.. I assume it has to do with timings.

#12862 1 year ago

The post next to the top right flipper broke off at the base. Any clever ideas how to get the threaded piece out?

#12863 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Really? I'd be curious how that's pulled off.. I assume it has to do with timings.

I was talking about the external flasher. An external flasher could be added to the apron pretty easily and routed up on the playfield somewhere. Would require some minor soldering, a WS2811 LED strip section or bulb. I've been thinking about doing that for a while, but haven't actually done it yet.

#12864 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I was talking about the external flasher. An external flasher could be added to the apron pretty easily and routed up on the playfield somewhere. Would require some minor soldering, a WS2811 LED strip section or bulb. I've been thinking about doing that for a while, but haven't actually done it yet.

I think mini beacons mounted on a plate for the mini playfield loading dock screen would be cool.

#12865 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:I was talking about the external flasher. An external flasher could be added to the apron pretty easily and routed up on the playfield somewhere. Would require some minor soldering, a WS2811 LED strip section or bulb. I've been thinking about doing that for a while, but haven't actually done it yet.

Ah, yeah I was just referring to what is currently there.

#12866 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

ThePinballCo-op I have been running .71 with no issue until last week- tongue extends- comes back a little and gets clamped into the jaw- this happens during gameplay as well as testing and calibration mode- I have been working with PB support to find the fix- I checked the clamp down screw to the gear and its tight- For now I have the XENO turned off in gameplay- but I would like to get XENO's tongue back on track -

I had this exact same issue. Per Shawn at PB, I took the Xeno head off and tried tightening the Nylon block (there are 2 bolts/nuts) - mine was loose. I messed around with various levels of "tightness" and at one point it was too tight and the tongue wouldn't retract back at all. After about 4-5 different iterations I gave up on that. Shawn then suggested tightening the clamp down screw to the gear in the flat spot (same as he suggested to you) so I took the Nylon block off (there's a supporting metal frame that also comes off) and turns out the the clamp down screw was already tight on the flat - I cranked on it a bit anyway. I then re-assembled everything....and it worked. No joke. Tested it 10-12 times and it worked every time - it's pulling the ball back in and not getting stuck.

So....my conclusion is it's slightly finicky and requires some tinkering when this happens. I suspect that just taking it apart and putting it back together fixed whatever clearance/tolerance issue was there.

Let us know if you are able to get it working....

#12867 1 year ago

anyone try and make a ticket for the missing target cable, if you were not the original owner? Is it possible to make any tickets with PB as a second-hand owner?

#12868 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

anyone try and make a ticket for the missing target cable, if you were not the original owner? Is it possible to make any tickets with PB as a second-hand owner?

Yes for sure just input serial number and I was taken care of big time!

#12869 1 year ago

Anyone know the type and size of the middle post? Also, what size is the t-nut?

#12870 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

I had this exact same issue. Per Shawn at PB, I took the Xeno head off and tried tightening the Nylon block (there are 2 bolts/nuts) - mine was loose. I messed around with various levels of "tightness" and at one point it was too tight and the tongue wouldn't retract back at all. After about 4-5 different iterations I gave up on that. Shawn then suggested tightening the clamp down screw to the gear in the flat spot (same as he suggested to you) so I took the Nylon block off (there's a supporting metal frame that also comes off) and turns out the the clamp down screw was already tight on the flat - I cranked on it a bit anyway. I then re-assembled everything....and it worked. No joke. Tested it 10-12 times and it worked every time - it's pulling the ball back in and not getting stuck.
So....my conclusion is it's slightly finicky and requires some tinkering when this happens. I suspect that just taking it apart and putting it back together fixed whatever clearance/tolerance issue was there.
Let us know if you are able to get it working....

Also had same issue. Made sure Xeno was mechanically correct but still no luck. Seemed like software issue with magnet not releasing before jaw clamped down on tongue so reinstalled latest version and did factory reset afterwards - problem solved.

#12871 1 year ago

Thank you @greasman my xeno is back on track and firing away 100 percent.

#12872 1 year ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Also had same issue. Made sure Xeno was mechanically correct but still no luck. Seemed like software issue with magnet not releasing before jaw clamped down on tongue so reinstalled latest version and did factory reset afterwards - problem solved.

That's why this issue is particularly challenging. In my case, it wasn't software - I had the issue before and after installing latest software/firmware and doing the factory reset. Others have had it solved with a software update (like yourself) and others with doing the Xeno calibration. In my case, it was all mechanical.

Regardless, glad it's getting sorted out for everyone one way or another. I stopped playing it until I fixed it....Ambush MB is a mess when the ball is stuck in the Xeno's mouth and eventually game has to go into ball search mode.

I'm also really happy to report that when this game is running at 100%, it absolutely rocks. Just an amazing experience.

#12873 1 year ago

I posted previously that sometimes and not all times I would turn on the pin and there would be nothing on the monitor. The mini monitor works and if I start a game it plays 100% just no picture on the monitor. I would normally reboot and it would fix the problem, however today I have tried to reboot 7 to 8 times with zero luck. I will submit a ticket, however any thoughts on what I can look for to see why a reboot is not correcting the issue. I do see the pinball Brothers logo come up and I see it running its boot up sequence then it just goes to black.

Thanks in advance.

#12874 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I posted previously that sometimes and not all times I would turn on the pin and there would be nothing on the monitor. The mini monitor works and if I start a game it plays 100% just no picture on the monitor. I would normally reboot and it would fix the problem, however today I have tried to reboot 7 to 8 times with zero luck. I will submit a ticket, however any thoughts on what I can look for to see why a reboot is not correcting the issue. I do see the pinball Brothers logo come up and I see it running its boot up sequence then it just goes to black.
Thanks in advance.

Sounds like the normal issue, but you are just having a run of bad luck getting it to work.

#12875 1 year ago

I am interested in making a face hugger wireform mod for Alien. Possibly other mods concerning ramp or wireforms. Is there any difference with ramp or returns betwen the sv and lv? Thanks for any input.

#12876 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I am interested in making a face hugger wireform mod for Alien. Possibly other mods concerning ramp or wireforms. Is there any difference with ramp or returns betwen the sv and lv? Thanks for any input.

None at all. Excited to see what you come up with!

#12877 1 year ago

OK...Start your grinnin' and drop your linnen...This was the epic mod I was referring to, and thought I'd let the door open Got this version 1.0 done today..now just need to find 5v to power these inside the game (any input on that would be great!)...powered by an ardrino nano. and micro servos.

#12878 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

OK...Start your grinnin' and drop your linnen...This was the epic mod I was referring to, and thought I'd let the door open Got this version 1.0 done today..now just need to find 5v to power these inside the game (any input on that would be great!)...powered by an ardrino nano. and micro servos.

My concern with those is they are prime for air ball breakage. Cool though. Any way to fit them closer to the apron facing the back or are they too tall?

#12879 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My concern with those is they are prime air ball breakers.

they are actually pretty tough, and currently on velcro (I ran out of progressive strips)..so I wouldn't lose sleep if they DID break, but kinda doubtful..and I bought 4 servos for $10 so at least good there. it was gruling to take these apart..so I think they'll be good.

#12880 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

My concern with those is they are prime for air ball breakage. Cool though. Any way to fit them closer to the apron facing the back or are they too tall?

too tall..and they are even shortened by about 1" from their stockness...I actually really like them where they are.

#12881 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

too tall..and they are even shortened by about 1" from their stockness...I actually really like them where they are.

I've never had a ball fly up there. Maybe it is because I'm bad at pinball?

#12882 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Yeah, it's not Tron.

#12883 1 year ago

I wanted to quickly give a big thank you and kudos to Evolution Mods! I installed the apron (just the apron as I will look to install the beacons next weekend and am waiting to receive the AUX 10 board upgrade too). I can not state enough how much this apron mod adds to the ambiance of the game!! I watched as many videos as I could to determine if I was going to pull the trigger and I can tell you now that none of the videos do it justice when playing it in person. The strobe effect alone has me coming back for more. I cant wait to see what it does when I nail hypersleep multiball. Again this is just my opinion, as I loved the game without it!!

I also want to thank Evolution Mods for the fantastic support, as I had some issues that I reached out to them on Saturday morning and they responded!! Impressive especially for a Saturday morning! Ends up is was all user error! I look forward to installing the rest of their mods and though this was one of the more intricate mods I have installed it was really not that bad, especially with the video and diagrams! If you can get your hands on one or they do another run I highly suggest it. Oh and now that I see the flashing red weapons ready I have been using my weapons a whole lot more when previously as I would forget.

#12884 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Is that the one on the far right? I thought I had plugged everything in that was loose but just noticed that one doesn't light up. Curious if that's the reason or not before I open her back up.

#12885 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Is that the one on the far right? I thought I had plugged everything in that was loose but just noticed that one doesn't light up. Curious if that's the reason or not before I open her back up.

It’s a cable that Pinball Bros missed at the factory

#12886 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

If balls ain't bangin you ain't doin it right!

#12887 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

That's why this issue is particularly challenging. In my case, it wasn't software - I had the issue before and after installing latest software/firmware and doing the factory reset. Others have had it solved with a software update (like yourself) and others with doing the Xeno calibration. In my case, it was all mechanical.
Regardless, glad it's getting sorted out for everyone one way or another. I stopped playing it until I fixed it....Ambush MB is a mess when the ball is stuck in the Xeno's mouth and eventually game has to go into ball search mode.
I'm also really happy to report that when this game is running at 100%, it absolutely rocks. Just an amazing experience.

Unfortunately this says it all about PB Alien: "when this game is running at 100%". Because it so often isn't.

#12888 1 year ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

I need a new spinner. Can anyone confirm if this is the right one?
https://www.pinballlife.com/desegastern-narrow-spinner-515-7088-00.html

Just an FYI to anyone else searching, this is indeed the correct spinner to buy if you need a replacement.

#12889 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I attached a dc buck converter to the 12 power supply in the cabinet. I use it to power my 5V mods. I prefer not to pull any power from any of the boards if possible.

#12890 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

I attached a dc buck converter to the 12 power supply in the cabinet. I use it to power my 5V mods. I prefer not to pull any power from any of the boards if possible.

that's a great idea, as I have used those for different things in the past. I'll go order a few more thanks! In fact, one could apply multiples at various needed voltages (between 0v-12v) for any given mod. SO, my final question on that..is that 12v aux power switched? (does it turn off when game is turned off?). and another final question, lol..where is that 12v power supply located? many thanks in advance!

#12891 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Those are sweet. How can I get those once they're finished?

#12892 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Lookes awesome, just a dangerous spot. I always get airballs there from the target.

#12893 1 year ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Those are sweet. How can I get those once they're finished?

I didn't plan on mass-producing any mods, until I'm older, lol. I'm too busy buying and selling and modding my own pins...BUT, I could possibly make a few sets, or better yet, give you a tutorial on what to buy, and how to mod/make this setup. First step is to buy the NECA ALIENS ACCESSORY PACK ebay.com link: itm got to have these in order for this mod to happen..although you could go the 3D print route as well..these just look really nice. pm me if you want more details.

#12894 1 year ago

( i know, I know)

#12895 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

All this effort to try and mimic the original apron mod. LED strips to replicate the beacons, publishing code updates to mimic MK6PIN's flashing patterns. I'm sure he's flattered at your attempt but just curious why you guy's can't give the people who your blatantly copying their due credit! * if only there was already an entire thread dedicated to this.

Don't bring me into your drama(that isn't even yours to talk about anyway). I have nothing to do with the mods.

#12896 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I didn't plan on mass-producing any mods, until I'm older, lol. I'm too busy buying and selling and modding my own pins...BUT, I could possibly make a few sets, or better yet, give you a tutorial on what to buy, and how to mod/make this setup. First step is to buy the NECA ALIENS ACCESSORY PACK ebay.com link: itm got to have these in order for this mod to happen..although you could go the 3D print route as well..these just look really nice. pm me if you want more details.

I looked into these the other night, but ended up going with this instead. They are a bit smaller. Going to see if they will fit up by the flippers. I would be interested in the footwork you've already done if you don't mind sharing. I may need a smaller servo, but we'll see. I want to try to add LED's to the ends, and tie them into the Ambush mode to match which side of the aprons are lighting.

ebay.com link: itm

This will be some good practice for my new endeavor into the world of animatronics.

#12897 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

All this effort to try and mimic the original apron mod. LED strips to replicate the beacons, publishing code updates to mimic MK6PIN's flashing patterns. I'm sure he's flattered at your attempt but just curious why you guy's can't give the people who you're copying their due credit! * if only there was already an entire thread dedicated to this.
( i know, I know)

It is just added as an option. Most people seem to like the strobe during multi-ball better. I'm surprised that anyone would demand credit for a flashing LED.... what, you want someone to pay royalities for making a microcontroller flash an LED?? hahahaha I have no idea what your intentions are, Dee-Bow, other than to troll.

#12898 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Hah, that's brilliant! Now all you need is a teeny tiny screen to install in the GRiD laptops that come with that kit. :]

#12899 1 year ago

New issue today. Ran the firmware update, then the software update. Played a two player game but noticed that the start button wasn't working for the guns. Realized the button connector was loose, plugged it back in no problem. However, the game won't start anymore and the start button light does not come on. Weird thing is, both the switch and the light work while in test mode. Any ideas? Tried restarting twice.

#12900 1 year ago
Quoted from driph:

Hah, that's brilliant! Now all you need is a teeny tiny screen to install in the GRiD laptops that come with that kit. :]

that would be 'too' cool! yeah, thankfully I didn't get into model trains I'd be working on that RIGHT NOW.. That would be friken cool though!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/258 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.