2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 372.
#12751 1 year ago

So I printed this deflector out...did a fit test...this does not fit this location...fyi

20230128_112506 (resized).jpg20230128_112506 (resized).jpg

#12752 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

you see, that's the kind of mod I'm trying to avoid..I'd rather have my pure white one, than that one..YMMV..it looks ok, but the decals are kinda lack-luster.. and the white is legit with the airlock in the first ALIEN..not hating, just speakin' me truth.

Its all good, that is what is great about this hobby everyone is doing what is good for them. I love fiddlin with the pins, adding this and that and what not to make it personal. So many variations... to each his own right? All good no matter what you do if you like it right?

#12753 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

So I printed this deflector out...did a fit test...this does not fit this location...fyi
[quoted image]

Measure the distance between your screws and then scale the drawing appropriately.

#12754 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Measure the distance between your screws and then scale the drawing appropriately.

will do...

#12755 1 year ago

Deal has gone through for my LV. I'm excited. Restored Taxi and Spy Hunter leaving, LV coming in with 50 plays.

#12756 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Deal has gone through for my LV. I'm excited. Restored Taxi and Spy Hunter leaving, LV coming in with 50 plays.

Congrats! She’ll be a beauty. The extra lighting on the LV is so awesome and necessary. I found it hard to enjoy the standard without additional lighting.

#12757 1 year ago

Thanks, that's the sole reason i upgraded.

#12758 1 year ago

I am also excited! Fedex is set to drop off my long awaited LV on Tuesday.

#12759 1 year ago

I did a little live stream. I don't know why the comments disappeared, so sorry for that - first time trying youtube for streaming.

Unfortunately there where some hiccups again with the pinball machine.
First real game starts at 30min20sec

#12760 1 year ago

Hello. I recently purchased a SV and when it arrived it had many connections needing reconnecting underneath the play field. I thought I had found them all but lights 46 - 55 in the back cabinet were disabled. Any advice on where I can find this connection would be most appreciated.

#12761 1 year ago

Yes, let me know I can adjust the one on thingiverse. Do not know how this happened. That is the joy of 3d printing
I will check the one in my machine.

#12762 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I did a little live stream. I don't know why the comments disappeared, so sorry for that - first time trying youtube for streaming.
Unfortunately there where some hiccups again with the pinball machine.
First real game starts at 30min20sec

Using the pinballs shipped with the machine? 17:30ish in the video.
The optos (& under playfield switches) can be slow at reading the stock pinballs. Stock pinballs balls are not advised. Get some carbon steel pinballs. Optos quit giving me problems after.

Still have trouble on the right side of the left out lane

#12763 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Awesome Punkin !

#12764 1 year ago

I’m trying to search this thread for Vent 3 fix if there is one .Any help would be appreciated .I’m not registering that shot much at all kinda like the same shot in Rush but Ninjas fix worked 100% .

#12765 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m trying to search this thread for Vent 3 fix if there is one .Any help would be appreciated .I’m not registering that shot much at all kinda like the same shot in Rush but Ninjas fix worked 100% .

Reach out to Sonic . If he has a machine available to him it's right up his alley.

Good opportunity for him too if he can develop a fix. Great guy he deserves it.

#12766 1 year ago
Quoted from MylesMayhem:

Hello. I recently purchased a SV and when it arrived it had many connections needing reconnecting underneath the play field. I thought I had found them all but lights 46 - 55 in the back cabinet were disabled. Any advice on where I can find this connection would be most appreciated.

Those are currently unused according to PB's.

#12767 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

First go into switch test and roll your ball and forth through that loop to see if it registers. If not you can look underneath.

They use Eddy switches that are mounted directly beneath the playfield. You need to verify if that switch is registering the ball. You can remove the board and switch and pass your finger over it to see if the light recognizes it.

#12768 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

Using the pinballs shipped with the machine? 17:30ish in the video.
The optos (& under playfield switches) can be slow at reading the stock pinballs. Stock pinballs balls are not advised. Get some carbon steel pinballs. Optos quit giving me problems after.
Still have trouble on the right side of the left out lane

thanks for the advice, but i dont use the stock balls. I use high gloss anti magnetic balls from a pinball shop.
However, it doesn't bother me that much

#12769 1 year ago
Quoted from Pajero:

Those are currently unused according to PB's.

Gotcha. Thank you!

#12770 1 year ago

Anybody have an issue where the scoop periodically doesn't recognize the ball? Game doesn't freeze, flippers still work. The ball just goes into scoop, not recognized, and game has to do a ball search.

#12771 1 year ago

Sounds like a switch issue.

#12772 1 year ago

Don't think it's a switch issue. Just noticed now when I was playing, the saucer now isn't recognizing the ball sometimes. Also, on a couple of occasions when I hit the scoop, it recognized it as the saucer as it gave me mystery award.

Any ideas?

#12773 1 year ago

There's a saucer?

#12774 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

There's a saucer?

Muther hole.

#12775 1 year ago

I did have a couple of issues when I first got the game where occasionally it would go into the scoop or the Muther saucer and the ball would stay there and simply not fire out. The ball search wouldn't activate either though so I'd have to reboot.

It hasn't happened for months now and I think it may have been a bad or intermittent connection/cable plus maybe the software couldn't handle it (I'm still on 2.6 but maybe that one upgrade from factory fixed it).

#12776 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I did have a couple of issues when I first got the game where occasionally it would go into the scoop or the Muther saucer and the ball would stay there and simply not fire out. The ball search wouldn't activate either though so I'd have to reboot.
It hasn't happened for months now and I think it may have been a bad or intermittent connection/cable plus maybe the software couldn't handle it (I'm still on 2.6 but maybe that one upgrade from factory fixed it).

Game is on latest update. I checked the connections and they look fine. Really weird

#12777 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

First go into switch test and roll your ball and forth through that loop to see if it registers. If not you can look underneath.
They use Eddy switches that are mounted directly beneath the playfield. You need to verify if that switch is registering the ball. You can remove the board and switch and pass your finger over it to see if the light recognizes it.

Thanks I’ll try this tonight

#12778 1 year ago

I finally got around to installing the taller beacons and decided to keep both sets on the game. I like the variation, as they go off at different times and sometimes simultaneously. Curious if anyone else set theirs up this way.

20230129_192313 (resized).jpg20230129_192313 (resized).jpg
#12779 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I finally got around to installing the taller beacons and decided to keep both sets on the game. I like the variation, as they go off at different times and sometimes simultaneously. Curious if anyone else set theirs up this way.
[quoted image]

Wow... those taller beacons just BARELY clear your ceiling! hahaha Looks awesome!

#12780 1 year ago

Why have 2 beacons when can have 4! Ha! Getting my set in a few weeks. Might be cool to velcro the original beacons under the cab, facing the floor. Hmmm. Here’s my Purina decal I made for my bezel. I will reprint the bezel, as I lost the bottom left hoses. But i like the original look. Might add a few other touches but that’s it. Maybe a white printed top for it as well.

708F9E74-4C50-486D-8FA7-3F082E675B4F (resized).jpeg708F9E74-4C50-486D-8FA7-3F082E675B4F (resized).jpeg
#12781 1 year ago

Anyone ever get one caught here?

20230131_202216 (resized).jpg20230131_202216 (resized).jpg
#12782 1 year ago

Can someone actually confirm that the pf Monitor is replicating the Alien door or the AlienS outer door on the Sulaco?? If it’s the Sulaco ship i will change gears on my approach

#12783 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Why have 2 beacons when can have 4! Ha! Getting my set in a few weeks. Might be cool to velcro the original beacons under the cab, facing the floor. Hmmm. Here’s my Purina decal I made for my bezel. I will reprint the bezel, as I lost the bottom left hoses. But i like the original look. Might add a few other touches but that’s it. Maybe a white printed top for it as well.
[quoted image]

Aliens movie.
aliens (resized).JPGaliens (resized).JPG

aliens 2 (resized).JPGaliens 2 (resized).JPG
#12784 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Anyone ever get one caught here?
[quoted image]

If only this machine could hatch pinballs, we’d be gazillionaires. That’s funny. Glad it didn’t break the egg!

#12785 1 year ago

Speaking of beacon toppers, I've come up with a solution for my SV thanks to @lermods
They are in route back to me to install on my game.

I shipped Rob these 12 volt ones I got from Amazon and had him wire them up to be triggered by a light source.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KF4HJ83

I will tie them into an insert to trigger them. Here's the bench test!

#12786 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Aliens movie.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Ok. Game on! Funny that the 3D print file led it to be Alien..it’s a semi-replica from the first film. Now someone needs to 3D design THAT door. (Until I learn CAD, lol). I might search for a $$ .STL file if one exists. Thanks for the clarification!

#12787 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Ok. Game on! Funny that the 3D print file led it to be Alien..it’s a semi-replica from the first film. Now someone needs to 3D design THAT door. (Until I learn CAD, lol). I might search for a $$ .STL file if one exists. Thanks for the clarification!

With red mini beacons that light up during loader battle would be awesome.

#12788 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

With red mini beacons that light up during loader battle would be awesome.

F u c k Y e A H

#12789 1 year ago

You guy's should play more pinball and spend less time playing dol...action figures.

LearnedThatLessonPunkin

#12790 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

You guy's should play more pinball and spend less time playing dol...action figures.
LearnedThatLessonPunkin

You do realize you switching from SV to LV is essentially the same thing right? Oh..not to mention that whole pinball is a toy thing. Let people have their fun.

#12791 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You do realize you switching from SV to LV is essentially the same thing right? Oh..not to mention that whole pinball is a toy thing. Let people have their fun.

I think he was just messin' around..if not, I'm not losing sleep..Just played an hour on Alien, MM, and Mando..it's crazy how easy Mando is, after owning and playing Alien..makes me appreciate my diversity of pins even more. (I have a lot more than 3).

#12792 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I think he was just messin' around..if not, I'm not losing sleep..Just played an hour on Alien, MM, and Mando..it's crazy how easy Mando is, after owning and playing Alien..makes me appreciate my diversity of pins even more. (I have a lot more than 3).

It's crazy that Alien for me is much easier than Mando. That upper playfield and all shots are half way on the field, it is killing my progress. For some reason I can find all shots on Alien and get decent scores each time. I rater play Alien than Mando right now.

#12793 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Speaking of beacon toppers, I've come up with a solution for my SV thanks to Lermods
They are in route back to me to install on my game.
I shipped Rob these 12 volt ones I got from Amazon and had him wire them up to be triggered by a light source.
amazon.com link »
I will tie them into an insert to trigger them. Here's the bench test!

If there is demand for these, I’m happy to produce them. Reach out to me for details.

#12794 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

If there is demand for these, I’m happy to produce them. Reach out to me for details.

I always wanted to get those beacons for my Heighway version of Alien. I ordered the LE, but I was only able to get the standard version and we'll just leave it at that.

I would be interested if something could be worked up.

#12795 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Reach out to Sonic . If he has a machine available to him it's right up his alley.
Good opportunity for him too if he can develop a fix. Great guy he deserves it.

Thank you .I’m going to try tinkering tonight with the other suggestions and will definitely contact him if no luck .

#12796 1 year ago

What strength are you all putting you flippers at? I am going to experiment with mine a little ( I have my game at 7.0 level)- My targets are taking a beating- I Busted the target to the left of the scoop - I was just curious to see if anyone has a setting that they feel is dialed in well for them-

#12797 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

It's crazy that Alien for me is much easier than Mando. That upper playfield and all shots are half way on the field, it is killing my progress. For some reason I can find all shots on Alien and get decent scores each time. I rater play Alien than Mando right now.

well, I think it probably depends on which version of Mandalorian it is..I have a pro, just for reference..the fixed mando playfield and the lack of the extra ramp might make it easier I would think...I do know that when playing Alien, it makes you 'work' for flow (which is not a bad thing). Then I get over to Mando, and the flow is already there, but the shots are a tad more awkward..which makes these two a nice blend, imo. (I still need to check the pitch of Alien, although I think it's close to 6.5 to 7 degrees).

#12798 1 year ago

As a brand new, second-hand owner, I have to say that when the game is playing without error, man is it amazing.

#12799 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I am just messing with you guys, but switching from SV to LV is all about the lights. I'm into mods like pinwoofer and lighting, flippers and colour DMD's. Toys, not at all.

But you guys do what you want. I wouldn't want to down your whole thing, cept in fun.

#12800 1 year ago

I received shipment yesterday. Holy shitballs! This game is the shit. Every time I walk away to grab another beer I am laughing out loud. Looks like I will need to adjust the spinners as they are rejecting the ball! Played about 20 games and everything else seems legit. LV-353.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
8,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Brownsburg, IN
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 256 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/256 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.