20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 376.
#12551 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

The good news is the 2-stage flippers work on my Alien LV. The bad news is the upper flipper fires first so it appears they are wired incorrectly. Before I ask PB support, I wanted to see if anyone here has a best suggestion to correct this? Not sure if it's easiest to switch the wires (guessing they are soldered on) or if there is a simpler solution. Pic of right flipper stack attached (looks like they have collected some dust!).
Side note: That locking nut that holds the green flipper in place recently just fell out. Just a heads up in case you start playing a game and your flipper fires once and stays stuck in the up position. Was obviously a quick fix...but that did surprise me a bit.
Side note #2: I love the game....absolutely dig it. But I keep chasing down issues so it's admittedly bumming me out a bit. I'm still working on fixing my Xeno - won't pull the ball into the mouth so Ambush MB is messed up (I posted recently on it). PB support is fantastic so I'm going to keep working through fixes so I can get this beast back to where it should be.
[quoted image]

They are wired correctly, it’s simply the gap between the leafs. You need to recap them that so the upper flippers make contact after the lower flippers it’s pretty easy to do just trial and error slight bending of your leafs. It’s simply trial and error but easy to do, I’m doing mine next time I am working on my Alien. Shawn explained how to do that to me.

#12552 1 year ago
Quoted from ktcoady12:

driph did you ever get your tongue issue resolved- I am now having the same issue where every other time the tongue wont retract- it seems the jaw is closing prematurely on mine and the tongue stays out- I tried calibration and it seems to fix the issue momentarily, but then goes back to the stuck tongue- any help would be appreciated greatly-

Can you please send a bug report to PB about it do you have to do it in your settings it’s the bottom selection. They are having trouble finding the issue so they need people that experience this problem to make a report if you don’t know how to do it you just take a USB 2.0 stick you can put it in the controller box that you can reach from your coin door you going to system and the last section and hit the launch button 15 times before you do the report it helps mark the location in the report for them to check

#12553 1 year ago

just 3d Printed my first ever objects today..got a Halot-One resin printer, and just made a few eggs that will be placed on my incoming machine (2 weeks)...I was surprised how nice they turned out..not trying to make a sales pitch here..just saying that now I can make my own stuff, and the scale is smaller, which I prefer..I will paint the bottoms and let the glow of the top part of the egg shine.. As Aladdin said, 'A whole new world..' ..I have a billion things to 3D print now muhaahaahaaa

IMG_9910 (resized).jpegIMG_9910 (resized).jpeg
#12554 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

just 3d Printed my first ever objects today..got a Halot-One resin printer, and just made a few eggs that will be placed on my incoming machine (2 weeks)...I was surprised how nice they turned out..not trying to make a sales pitch here..just saying that now I can make my own stuff, and the scale is smaller, which I prefer..I will paint the bottoms and let the glow of the top part of the egg shine.. As Aladdin said, 'A whole new world..' ..I have a billion things to 3D print now muhaahaahaaa
[quoted image]

Made the same ones awhile ago on my Elegoo Mars

C797BBA7-C56B-4AA4-AE9B-86B0D67C8A87 (resized).jpegC797BBA7-C56B-4AA4-AE9B-86B0D67C8A87 (resized).jpeg
#12555 1 year ago

Sorry for the shameless plug here but....
Today is the last day to vote in the Twipys, if you haven't done so already please take the time and vote for the Alien Apron for best mod, we would really appreciate it!

#12556 1 year ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Sorry for the shameless plug here but....
Today is the last day to vote in the Twipys, if you haven't done so already please take the time and vote for the Alien Apron for best mod, we would really appreciate it!

did you ship mine out yet??? 'Then I'll vote'

#12557 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

[quoted image]

that's gloriously badass man!!! love it, really tight.

#12558 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

[quoted image]

did you 3D print the Space Jockey as well?? If so, I want that file.

#12559 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

[quoted image]

Looks good.. hit it with a black wash to deepen those wrinkles, add definition. Love how the modders are getting it done!!

#12560 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

[quoted image]

TWIN POWER!!!

#12561 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

did you 3D print the Space Jockey as well?? If so, I want that file.

Yep it’s on thingaverse

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:383200

#12562 1 year ago

updated to 3.1, fw0.71
anyone else noticed the lag on all flippers?

#12563 1 year ago

YA DAMN RIGHT!!!

#12564 1 year ago

that's awesome! That guy did an amazing job..what percentage did you scale it down to?
I'll print that after I print this! (1:30 left in the oven)...I'm making the Sulaco around 5" overall length..it will be VERY detailed probably hover it in the one of the corners, or somewhere else..

Screen Shot 2023-01-16 at 9.25.52 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2023-01-16 at 9.25.52 AM (resized).png

IMG_9916-2 (resized).jpegIMG_9916-2 (resized).jpeg
#12565 1 year ago
Quoted from Play_Hard:

updated to 3.1, fw0.71
anyone else noticed the lag on all flippers?

Not I no

#12566 1 year ago

Has anyone encountered an issue where Ambush multiball doesn’t kick out additional balls?

#12567 1 year ago

Sometimes my music stops playing, sound FX is working but music stopps.
Sometimes the red arrows for the jackpots are not lit.
anyone else?

#12568 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Sometimes my music stops playing, sound FX is working but music stopps.
Sometimes the red arrows for the jackpots are not lit.
anyone else?

once, the music stopped. came back either at next ball or end of game.

#12569 1 year ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

once, the music stopped. came back either at next ball or end of game.

yes, here too

#12570 1 year ago

This was a very first. So once in awhile (super infrequent) the game will boot and everything turns on except the main monitor. A quick reboot has fixed this 100% of the time. Today I had the oddest thing happen. Please see the picture however you will notice that the small screen appeared in the large screen and the small screen had writing as if it was stuck in boot up. Again a reboot corrected it and it has not happened since. Any thoughts? Could I have a loose wire somewhere?

20230116_113454 (resized).jpg20230116_113454 (resized).jpg
#12571 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

This was a very first. So once in awhile (super infrequent) the game will boot and everything turns on except the main monitor. A quick reboot has fixed this 100% of the time. Today I had the oddest thing happen. Please see the picture however you will notice that the small screen appeared in the large screen and the small screen had writing as if it was stuck in boot up. Again a reboot corrected it and it has not happened since. Any thoughts? Could I have a loose wire somewhere?
[quoted image]

check all the connectors under and in backbox

#12572 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

[quoted image]

In rare cases, it will do that. PB is still working on that issue.

#12573 1 year ago

All you do is just power cycle it real quick. It will boot up normal after that.

#12574 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

All you do is just power cycle it real quick. It will boot up normal after that.

Ok yea it's fixed it with a quick reboot.

#12575 1 year ago

On my brand new alien lv when i leave it on every few hours all the playfield lights lock up and the video continues to play but the coin door buttons start ect do nothing and i have to power cycle the machine. any others have this issue?

#12576 1 year ago
Quoted from Vegasbills:

On my brand new alien lv when i leave it on every few hours all the playfield lights lock up and the video continues to play but the coin door buttons start ect do nothing and i have to power cycle the machine. any others have this issue?

What software are you on? I haven’t had that issue in a month or longer. I haven’t had any lockup since 3.0 I believe.

#12577 1 year ago

Able to play a few games right out of the box. Overall, love it!!

There’s some scratches on some of the metal nothing sharp just can see it with a little light. There is a little bit of rust on some of the metal as well, no rust on areas the ball hits, curious if I should just try to polish myself or contact them.

And there was 1 loose screw on the right face bigger that popped off after 1 ball. Looks like the but and washer don’t leave enough room for the threading to go in and catch. I guess I’m going to have to throw this in my giant stationary vice gril to try to move the nut higher. It’s just so small I’m worried I’ll crush it

#12578 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Has anyone encountered an issue where Ambush multiball doesn’t kick out additional balls?

Anyone?

#12579 1 year ago
Quoted from Vegasbills:

Yep. It does it on my 2.6 code but that's the only issue I have with that code so I live with the occasional have to reboot if sitting on for awhile before playing it.

#12580 1 year ago

Also, anyone know if the preloaded code of

Is a good one to keep for the time being?

#12581 1 year ago

Just plays with 1 ball ?

#12582 1 year ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Check the microswitch blade. Make sure the spinner wire is only pushing it and not scraping it when it spins - that adds friction. Bend the blade just slightly and carefully to loosen the motion if it is.

Thank you , I checked that seems ok .I did bend the whole bracket upward on the open end and seems to help a little .I set them up like my other pins just can’t get them to rip .Even when I nail it seems to stop spinning pretty quick .I use the same lube as on all the rest of my games .Is this normal for orbit spinners on widebodys maybe ?I still want to set a ball in front of it to compare contact point with other games .I believe they’re too low .

#12583 1 year ago

I'd go through and test your trough switches and LOCK switches. A misbehaving switch can cause strange issues like that. If not the LOCK or TROUGH switches, check other switches like the shooter lane switch and any other switches. There's a switch test in the operator menu that will show all switches currently stuck on. Make sure nothing out of the ordinary appears during that test.

#12584 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Just plays with 1 ball ?

Had the same issue with NBA fastbreak last week. It was a trough switch.

#12585 1 year ago

Thinking of trading my Godzilla Pre with a bunch of mods for a NIB Aliens LV. Trying to figure out if the values are roughly the same. What is Alien LV worth? I am seeing a lot of variance in price on the market archives.

#12586 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

Thinking of trading my Godzilla Pre with a bunch of mods for a NIB Aliens LV. Trying to figure out if the values are roughly the same. What is Alien LV worth? I am seeing a lot of variance in price on the market archives.

Over 10k for the LV. If you can find a sucker with and LV to trade straight up for a $7500 Godzilla pro run to his house and trade.

#12587 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

I'd say they're in the same range $9.5-10.5 depending on mods. Alien is a good bit more new so would give it the nod. Couple Aliens are pending below $10k but some Godzilla Pre's have also gone low.

#12588 1 year ago
Quoted from Palmer:

A NIB Alien LV is $10,695+shipping.

#12589 1 year ago

I got a replacement upper playfield post from PB, but it’s not making sense. The new post has that thicker skirt below the nut looking base which is not letting me screw the post all the way down to the playfield. Wanting to put a carbon fiber washer there as well as another metal washer and the post won’t hold them in place if I can’t screw it down to the playfield. Do I need to open that opening in the playfield more around the T-nut? Don’t really want to tear up the playfield anymore than it already is.

410123CD-E170-474E-9B1E-C3D80B4A659A (resized).jpeg410123CD-E170-474E-9B1E-C3D80B4A659A (resized).jpeg6BC7BD52-6221-4D22-8C47-E0ECA55ED5F7 (resized).jpeg6BC7BD52-6221-4D22-8C47-E0ECA55ED5F7 (resized).jpeg
#12590 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I got a replacement upper playfield post from PB, but it’s not making sense. The new post has that thicker skirt below the nut looking base which is not letting me screw the post all the way down to the playfield. Wanting to put a carbon fiber washer there as well as another metal washer and the post won’t hold them in place if I can’t screw it down to the playfield. Do I need to open that opening in the playfield more around the T-nut? Don’t really want to tear up the playfield anymore than it already is.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I assume your game is an earlier production unit as your PF has the artwork right up to the post hole, and I wonder if PB/Buthamburg not only changed the newer PF's to not have artwork under the post's washer but also put in a larger hole to accommodate at more sturdy post??

#12591 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I assume your game is an earlier production unit as your PF has the artwork right up to the post hole, and I wonder if PB/Buthamburg not only changed the newer PF's to not have artwork under the post's washer but also put in a larger hole to accommodate at more sturdy post??

Exactly what I’m wondering too. Do all you newer game owners have that post with the nut base all the way against the playfield right?

#12592 1 year ago

I suppose I’ll take a smell dremmel tool and see if I can open that playfield hole a little larger to accommodate the larger skirt? Any better ideas?

#12593 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Exactly what I’m wondering too. Do all you newer game owners have that post with the nut base all the way against the playfield right?

Yep it's pushed all the way down - it has a metal washer between the PF and the post's hex head

#12594 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I suppose I’ll take a smell dremmel tool and see if I can open that playfield hole a little larger to accommodate the larger skirt? Any better ideas?

I wouldn’t use a dremel. I would use a drill and a bit that is just a tad bigger than the hole there already. That way you don’t risk messing up the hole. Use the hole as a guide.

#12595 1 year ago

Ok good idea. I would have to remove the t-nut to do that. What is the best way to get the t-nut out? Kind of a pain in the ass because the upper right flipper assembly covers that t-nut and going to have to remove it to do so. Thanks all for the tips.

#12596 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ok good idea. I would have to remove the t-nut to do that. What is the best way to get the t-nut out? Kind of a pain in the ass because the upper right flipper assembly covers that t-nut and going to have to remove it to do so. Thanks all for the tips.

I would try and screw that down just the way it is...I often have posts on playfields that are super tight to the point I need a small punch to remove them...this looks no different and you want this post tight fitting...I imagine its hitting the t nut? can you just try wrenching it down and see how it goes?

#12597 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I would try and screw that down just the way it is...I often have posts on playfields that are super tight to the point I need a small punch to remove them...this looks no different and you want this post tight fitting...I imagine its hitting the t nut? can you just try wrenching it down and see how it goes?

I suppose I could try that. That would be a shitty design if it’s bottoming out on the t-nut. My fear of cranking it down is stripping the post threads or the nut itself.

#12598 1 year ago

If the post is bigger, are the threads the same?

#12599 1 year ago

Pretty sure the threads are the same. It screws down until the skirt hits the playfield.

#12600 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday. Wow, beautiful, tons of smooth shots, immersive, amazing sound & video, brutal… What’s not to love.

Earned the coveted end position in my row of wide bodies.

Lucky so far. Had to reboot on startup once in about 20 games. Otherwise is playing perfect.

Have apron, tracker and 3D translite mods and a few other bits already on the way. Didn’t think I’d want to mess with the beacons but they look dinky in person. Hopefully they’ll make another run of the larger ones.

Only surprise is no Mylar on dark, gorgeous playfield. So waxed and added laminating film in all the necessary places. Also need to add staged flipper switch on right - normally don’t like modifying design elements but this is clearly a miss.

ABDAD14D-C71D-4CFB-BEE0-29CDFDE149C0 (resized).jpegABDAD14D-C71D-4CFB-BEE0-29CDFDE149C0 (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/252?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.