100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 377.
#12051 1 year ago

Curious if anybody has any suggestions for the left orbit shot...the one that goes all the way around the playfield. Whenever I hit that shot, it goes all the way around and right between the flippers to drain the ball. Any suggestions on how to remedy that? I decreased the right flipper power by 10% and slightly changed the pitch. Still seems to be doing it. Any advice?

#12052 1 year ago

Bend the rail at the exit is what have done on all other machines with this prob. Tune it how you want it, but it should slide past the right sling onto the right flipper.

#12053 1 year ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks! This is what I'm talking about
[quoted image]

Mine does that too on occasion and I fix it by doing a power cycle.

#12054 1 year ago

Really getting close to trading or buying into an Alien SE or LV..My main preference is the LV, as it just looks SO much nicer with the 'better' artwork...Asking if those who bought an SE wished they had gotten an LV? Or any LV owners don't really think the art package, shaker motor, beacons (come on, lit art blades?!) are worth the extra coin? I'm not a big ALIEN fan, but I'm a huge ALIENS fan I want to make the right choice the first goaround!

#12055 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Really getting close to trading or buying into an Alien SE or LV..My main preference is the LV, as it just looks SO much nicer with the 'better' artwork...Asking if those who bought an SE wished they had gotten an LV? Or any LV owners don't really think the art package, shaker motor, beacons (come on, lit art blades?!) are worth the extra coin? I'm not a big ALIEN fan, but I'm a huge ALIENS fan I want to make the right choice the first goaround!

The aftermarket beacons and apron are waaayy better than the LV's. Save the coin and get the SV and buy the Aftermarket apron and beacon package.

#12056 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I bought the SV and do not wish I had an LV. I prefer the darker theme and adding on my own lighting and mods where I deem necessary.

#12057 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I like the LV art better but the big difference is the lit side blades. SV is just too dark to enjoy in my opinion. If I had an SV I’d be purchasing pin stadiums. Much rather have the lights already part of the game then having to deal with that. Staged flippers and lit weapons targets will or do have a workaround for SV owners, shaker will be the same eventually.

Happy LV owner

#12058 1 year ago

Either is good, but eventually someone will make lit side blades for the SV which is really the only thing I wish it had. The apron/beacon package fills out the 'dark' that some complain about. There are also the after market 3D translites which I think a lot of people swapped out their stock ones for.

#12059 1 year ago

Thanks you guys for making this an even tougher decision! (I do like the ideer of having better beacons/apron)

#12060 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Thanks you guys for making this an even tougher decision! (I do like the ideer of having better beacons/apron)

SV, please. The darker art makes the theme. Less PB fixes the LVs staged flippers. If the upper right worked, thats could be useful.

Quoted from Zablon:

Either is good, but eventually someone will make lit side blades for the SV which is really the only thing I wish it had. The apron/beacon package fills out the 'dark' that some complain about. There are also the after market 3D translites which I think a lot of people swapped out their stock ones for.

Like PinGraffix

#12061 1 year ago

I am waiting on my Beacons and Apron for my SV- can't wait

#12062 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue where the ball gets stuck half way up the wire form after launch? This issue just started yesterday having never happened before.

#12063 1 year ago

yes- those wire forms become loose- i had that issue- I removed it- but some jb weld on the spots that became disconnected- After reinstalling the launch wireform I lessened the launch power by 20 % and have had no issues since- the force of the ball was causing the wires to get disconnected-

#12064 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

SV, please. The darker art makes the theme. Now if PB actually fixes the staged flippers for the LV…the right upper would be nice to stage.

Like PinGraffix

#12065 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Bend the rail at the exit is what have done on all other machines with this prob. Tune it how you want it, but it should slide past the right sling onto the right flipper.

Is bending the rail the only option. It looks like it could be tough to bend. It is brand new and I am hesitant to do anything permanent.

#12066 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I was in on the original heighway version and then they went under. I wasn't planning on buying Alien when the SV's came out, but then I saw the LV at Pinbrew and I was instantly hooked again! I am a BIG alien/aliens fan and have always loved the movies, so this is the perfect theme for me. I think the SV doesn't look as "finished" as the LV, but that being said, I don't think the shaker is that big of deal to me. The sub shakes the game more than the shaker does. Everything else, I like better than the SV....some will tell you to buy the SV and get the apron and beacon mod, and that might be fine for some, but I wanted the new beacons and the lit cabinet art blades and I liked the LV art package better. I most likely will not add the apron mod to my LV because I already have the beacons and $750 or whatever it is for the apron/beacons is a lot of coin for a mod....don't get me wrong, it is a VERY impressive mod, but I will probably not get it ever. It's really up to your personal tastes at the end of the day since you are buying it for you and not for everyone else! Like I said, the alien theme is my dream theme so I went all in!

#12067 1 year ago
Quoted from Mars304:

Is bending the rail the only option. It looks like it could be tough to bend. It is brand new and I am hesitant to do anything permanent.

Have a look at it mate and see if you can see other options.

Rails are not hard to bend, and in no way is a bend permanent, but it's the easiest way i know (and the way i assume is proper) to adjust an exit from the rail.

Just wrap a bit of tape around a pair of pliers or a small wrench and adjust bit by bit till it shoots where you want it to with the glass off.

#12068 1 year ago

For those who haven't seen the apron mod, I just finished the install today on my SV. It's awesome

#12069 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

For those who haven't seen the apron mod, I just finished the install today on my SV. It's awesome

Awesomeness. Did that come with the beacons you have on there as well? And assuming it was like $750 for both?

#12070 1 year ago

Mine came with flashing lights too, this is where i have permanently mounted them.

DSCF1792[1] (resized).jpgDSCF1792[1] (resized).jpg

#12071 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Awesomeness. Did that come with the beacons you have on there as well? And assuming it was like $750 for both?

Beacons were included with the Apron mod (they are also programable). It looks fantastic in person and they aren't over the top, a great feature/immersion vs distraction.

#12072 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mine came with flashing lights too, this is where i have permanently mounted them.
[quoted image]

That probably is a badass place for them!? The lights spewing out from the cracks of the coin door, and sides of pf?? If so, that’s a great idea! Any vids on this?

#12073 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

That probably is a badass place for them!? The lights spewing out from the cracks of the coin door, and sides of pf?? If so, that’s a great idea! Any vids on this?

Would probs do that if i plugged them in.

Spent enough time round flashing lights for this lifetime.

#12074 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

I was in on the original heighway version and then they went under. I wasn't planning on buying Alien when the SV's came out, but then I saw the LV at Pinbrew and I was instantly hooked again! I am a BIG alien/aliens fan and have always loved the movies, so this is the perfect theme for me. I think the SV doesn't look as "finished" as the LV, but that being said, I don't think the shaker is that big of deal to me. The sub shakes the game more than the shaker does. Everything else, I like better than the SV....some will tell you to buy the SV and get the apron and beacon mod, and that might be fine for some, but I wanted the new beacons and the lit cabinet art blades and I liked the LV art package better. I most likely will not add the apron mod to my LV because I already have the beacons and $750 or whatever it is for the apron/beacons is a lot of coin for a mod....don't get me wrong, it is a VERY impressive mod, but I will probably not get it ever. It's really up to your personal tastes at the end of the day since you are buying it for you and not for everyone else! Like I said, the alien theme is my dream theme so I went all in!

The beacons on the LV hardly every activate and are tiny light. Totally night and day experience and the apron lighting is amazing.

#12075 1 year ago

Got these...now to figure out what to do with them.

1228221638_HDR (resized).jpg1228221638_HDR (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#12076 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Would probs do that if i plugged them in.
Spent enough time round flashing lights for this lifetime.

Sorry to hear that man..thanks for your service, if you were in it.

#12077 1 year ago

I served people, but war was not my way of doing it.

#12078 1 year ago

Well so much for me having a flawless game. My upper left flipper just failed. I can see a spring hanging down looking underneath the playfield looks like it broke on one end I don’t see a hook on that end and there’s absolutely no resistance in the flipper so I’m hoping that’s all it is but I don’t know it’s a chore to raise the playfield so I’m not going to do it tonight. I’ve never had to fix a flipper before so I have no idea what to do.

#12079 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Well so much for me having a flawless game. My upper left flipper just failed. I can see a spring hanging down looking underneath the playfield looks like it broke on one end I don’t see a hook on that end and there’s absolutely no resistance in the flipper so I’m hoping that’s all it is but I don’t know it’s a chore to raise the playfield so I’m not going to do it tonight. I’ve never had to fix a flipper before so I have no idea what to do.

If it broke you should have a spare spring or two in a little goodie bag with spare fuses, etc.

#12080 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it broke you should have a spare spring or two in a little goodie bag with spare fuses, etc.

Is it just a spring you think? If I push the flipper down manually and then push the button it will flip up again but stays there.

#12081 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Unfortunately no spare springs in the bag.

#12082 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Is it just a spring you think? If I push the flipper down manually and then push the button it will flip up again but stays there.

I cant tell you that, but you said there's what looks like a spring hanging down.

#12083 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Quoted from Zablon:

I cant tell you that, but you said there's what looks like a spring hanging down.

Fair enough I understand of course. Do you know where to order a spare Pinball life doesn’t have it.

#12084 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

short term if it didn't break in half or something you could bend a new hook temporarily.

#12085 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Fair enough I understand of course. Do you know where to order a spare Pinball life doesn’t have it.

If you just bought it, you can probably get a few replacements directly from PB or whatever distro you ordered from. It would come pretty quick.

#12086 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If you just bought it, you can probably get a few replacements directly from PB or whatever distro you ordered from. It would come pretty quick.

Ok thanks!

#12087 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

short term if it didn't break in half or something you could bend a new hook temporarily.

Thank you so much! That was exactly it a broken spring. Bent a new hook and back in business. That is twice in less than a week that you guys got me up and running again which I would not have figured out without your help. I’ve belonged to several forums in my life but never one that is as generally helpful and friendly as this site! I love Pinside! You guys keep me humming. Thank you all so much!!! I love this game and with your help I’ll keep it running.

#12088 1 year ago

If I ordered the apron does that mean I also get the beacons?

#12089 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thank you so much! That was exactly it a broken spring. Bent a new hook and back in business. That is twice in less than a week that you guys got me up and running again which I would not have figured out without your help. I’ve belonged to several forums in my life but never one that is as generally helpful and friendly as this site! I love Pinside! You guys keep me humming. Thank you all so much!!! I love this game and with your help I’ll keep it running.

Cool! Just don’t wander onto the CCr or Scooby thread. Or my Goonies window ad lol. Ignorance is bliss!

#12090 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Just FYI ion case you need to order spares...which I have done since I have seen this before on here and it can't hurt to have spares.... here's the part number for the springs at Pinball life that will work as replacements....

Sega/Stern Flipper Extension Spring
265-5035-00

#12091 1 year ago

Yeah, if you stick to the owners threads, generally they are helpful and friendly.....anything outside of that is hit or miss

#12092 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Just FYI ion case you need to order spares...which I have done since I have seen this before on here and it can't hurt to have spares.... here's the part number for the springs at Pinball life that will work as replacements....
Sega/Stern Flipper Extension Spring
265-5035-00

Someone keypost this.

#12093 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Cool! Just don’t wander onto the CCr or Scooby thread. Or my Goonies window ad lol. Ignorance is bliss!

It’s all good I’ve been in there I know that there’s some bantering and stuff there’s always that everywhere but overall this place is great

#12094 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I made it myself. Bacta You are too much in Star Wars...this is a containment unit. Bacta is used to speed up healing and treat major injuries. These are to keep the species contained, we do not want these to get out.......

You should market that mod or sell it to Mezel Mods it’s awesome!

#12095 1 year ago
Quoted from Mars304:

Curious if anybody has any suggestions for the left orbit shot...the one that goes all the way around the playfield. Whenever I hit that shot, it goes all the way around and right between the flippers to drain the ball. Any suggestions on how to remedy that? I decreased the right flipper power by 10% and slightly changed the pitch. Still seems to be doing it. Any advice?

The ball is most likely clipping the standup target where it exits the orbit on the right side. Mine did the same thing and was feeding all the way to the left flipper. Basically just loosen that target from underneath and apply pressure to the side as you tighten the screws back up. There is very little wiggle room and it may seem like you’re not accomplishing anything but I’d try that first. Worked for me and feeds perfectly to the right flipper as intended.

#12096 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I will provide insightful information even though it historically results in someone’s <dramatically clears throat> attempt to discredit said information. LV has better artwork. The blue powder coating really accentuates this machine’s overall beauty. Lighting is way better on the LV, you can’t replicate this with mods. The side blades are recessed and do not interfere with playfield raising/lowering like aftermarket mirror blades etc.

Bottom line for me would be this…if looking to diversify your collection with quality then LV. If you want a machine to bang on and play the crap out of for a while then dump it off=SV. Mods don’t add value. You can’t mod an SV into an LV. Beacons and aprons don’t affect gameplay and while you playing you won’t notice either of them. I couldn’t tell you when/if my beacons have ever gone off, I notice them only when spectating others play and they look cool enough in a dimly lit room.

The only non factory mods that have ever enhanced gameplay to me, directly from the players perspective is Color DMD and Invisiglass. Which can be removed/swapped easily if wanting to sell the machine. Otherwise I’ve never bought an aesthetic, game specific mod and said to myself “that was a great investment”. Just my opinion…poop on it at your discretion.

#12097 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Grab a few coils on the broke spring and reattach it and go play. Order up some of these https://www.pinballlife.com/segastern-flipper-extension-spring.html

and replace when they come in, easy peasy.

#12100 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I will provide insightful information even though it historically results in someone’s <dramatically clears throat> attempt to discredit said information. LV has better artwork. The blue powder coating really accentuates this machine’s overall beauty. Lighting is way better on the LV, you can’t replicate this with mods. The side blades are recessed and do not interfere with playfield raising/lowering like aftermarket mirror blades etc.
Bottom line for me would be this…if looking to diversify your collection with quality then LV. If you want a machine to bang on and play the crap out of for a while then dump it off=SV. Mods don’t add value. You can’t mod an SV into an LV. Beacons and aprons don’t affect gameplay and while you playing you won’t notice either of them. I couldn’t tell you when/if my beacons have ever gone off, I notice them only when spectating others play and they look cool enough in a dimly lit room.
The only non factory mods that have ever enhanced gameplay to me, directly from the players perspective is Color DMD and Invisiglass. Which can be removed/swapped easily if wanting to sell the machine. Otherwise I’ve never bought an aesthetic, game specific mod and said to myself “that was a great investment”. Just my opinion…poop on it at your discretion.

I'll poop on it. Have you played with the apron mod in person? I guarantee you, it isn't something 'you won't notice'. As for the beacons, the mod beacons work differently than the LV implementation as they have their own code. They are very noticeable in most cases (room lighting YMMV).

Nothing on the LV changes gameplay compared to the SV so you basically contradicted yourself, you are literally (over)paying for mods. Why you would try to shit on the SV is kind of weird unless you are just trying to justify your purchase. The art isn't something you will notice while playing. I personally didn't care for the LV art and couldn't justify the price difference. It's just personal taste, so nothing against that, but to crap on the apron mod and the SV when you most likely haven't even used it is kinda shitty. I actually agree with your overall mods opinions as I'm picky about them. The suggestion to get the apron isn't an SV thing, it's an an Alien game thing in general. I think everyone should get it, because it is amazing. The thing literally elevates the gameplay on its own. It makes this great game even better. But of course that is just my opinion.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
There are 18,844 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/242?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.