100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 377.
#11751 1 year ago

After upgrading to firmware 0.71 and software 3.1 everything was good for 1 game. Left in attract for awhile and then half the playfield boards (lower half) stopped working…

No amount of downgrading or reseating connectors made any difference until I unplugged all cables from the black box under the playfield. (Support said a factory reset could also fix this but I haven’t tried that)

Game plays much better now inc flippers and xeno but I really don’t need the stress of half the playfield boards stopping working after an upgrade!! Jesus Christ!

And the shaker still comes on at boot stupid!!!

#11752 1 year ago

It's here already... only a 14 month wait. Now I will have to wait two days until my sons are home to help me get it into the basement. Rotator injury.

DSCN0958 (resized).JPGDSCN0958 (resized).JPG
#11753 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Damn you just ordered and hope to have it by the new year? what information do you have on a shipment to NA? I ordered maybe 6 weeks ago and I was sort of thinking it would be somewhere in Q1 on my LV but god I would love to be wrong.

Cointaker has it in stock right now. So I ordered Sunday and got a shipping notice today

#11754 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

I wouldn't count on Q1 honestly....I would say at least 6 months or more after order. hopefully, I'm wrong, but that is what I have been seeing...and yeah, no way Gamerrick will have it by the new year if he just ordered.

Like I just said cointaker has it in stock they ship right away no waiting if you are in the US

#11755 1 year ago

Well, other than that no way.

#11756 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Like I just said cointaker has it in stock they ship right away no waiting if you are in the US

WOW! You are super lucky! Perfect timing I guess! Congrats and enjoy!!!

#11757 1 year ago

I had the original code installed on my SV and the magnet when turned all the way up worked just fine with nearly 5-10% missed magnet grabs. If it did miss I was shocked.

After playing the game for two months I decided to upgrade to the latest code, and now it's missing well over 50% of the time.

I don't know what changed but that's quite the difference.

#11758 1 year ago

Starting to get into this game a bit, still have to trap and look at the screen, i'm missing call outs where there should be call outs after completing a phase to tell me what to shoot next.

Just stacked loader battle with sentry guns and ambush for a fun multi, but no idea what i should be hitting in any of those multi's as i can't take my eyes of the bottom flippers being a blow average player.

PB, i know you are reading, please take it on board for the callouts once all the bugs are fixed, location players and dumb stoned fucks like me like verbal cues, especially when there is no time to look up.

To balance with positive, the game is growing on me and i'm recommending it to my friends, quite enjoying it and playing it a fair bit.

#11759 1 year ago

For those of you who think the hypersleep shot is hard, it's not.
I just put a 20$ mini fan into the cabinet, which points at the upper left flipper.

asdfasdf (resized).pngasdfasdf (resized).png
It feels very good to make that shot. Got it five times in a row.
I didn't want to waste another 200$ for a cooling kit, but i guess it's required, also for the bottom flippers.
Test the cheap fan out if you hesitate to make the full purchase.

I also increased the pitch from 6.5 to about 7+, also recommend it,
since it makes more fun and the side to side movement is less (left outlane)...

However, on my first game i played through the whole first movie with ball one and then the left flipper stopped flipping for a second, enough for the drain and to freak me out. Like why cant this game just work without errors? I would really begin to enjoy it...

Can you guys trap up at the right side from a plunge, or does the ball roll over?

#11760 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

WOW! You are super lucky! Perfect timing I guess! Congrats and enjoy!!!

Yes I know I was expecting to leave a deposit and have to wait and Melissa told me they had them in stock. They still have some if anybody wants one!

#11761 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

For those of you who think the hypersleep shot is hard, it's not.
I just put a 20$ mini fan into the cabinet, which points at the upper left flipper.
[quoted image]
It feels very good to make that shot. Got it five times in a row.
I didn't want to waste another 200$ for a cooling kit, but i guess it's required, also for the bottom flippers.
Test the cheap fan out if you hesitate to make the full purchase.

There are other options, albeit require more work and that you have tools of your own to make cables, etc.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans/

#11762 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Starting to get into this game a bit, still have to trap and look at the screen, i'm missing call outs where there should be call outs after completing a phase to tell me what to shoot next.
Just stacked loader battle with sentry guns and ambush for a fun multi, but no idea what i should be hitting in any of those multi's as i can't take my eyes of the bottom flippers being a blow average player.
PB, i know you are reading, please take it on board for the callouts once all the bugs are fixed, location players and dumb stoned fucks like me like verbal cues, especially when there is no time to look up.
To balance with positive, the game is growing on me and i'm recommending it to my friends, quite enjoying it and playing it a fair bit.

I do not think actual game code will change. As with most games, the lit inserts direct you where to go. The problem is learning which colors mean what in what modes. Some of those details are on the screen when the mode starts.

#11763 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do not think actual game code will change. As with most games, the lit inserts direct you where to go. The problem is learning which colors mean what in what modes. Some of those details are on the screen when the mode starts.

Actual game code changed a couple days ago, again.

Can't figure out the stupid colours, because i can't take my attention from the flippers as i said. As i also said, i am learning the game through a combination of repetition and reading the cheat sheet. In most games the lit inserts are displayed in combination with callouts.

But casual location players (once the game is stable enough to put on location) use callouts in combination with the blinky lights to figure out the game. If they can't do that then they won't be successful and will not put more coins in. Same with my comp players, if they only play the game once a week at mine, they will take a very long time to learn it as it stands.

In any case, the suggestion was aimed at PB.

#11764 1 year ago

Posting this Pinball Bros Christmas update for those who may not have received it

https://mailchi.mp/b5992774cf91/chicago-expo-14233533?e=c38b4ab30b

#11765 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Actual game code changed a couple days ago, again.
Can't figure out the stupid colours, because i can't take my attention from the flippers as i said. As i also said, i am learning the game through a combination of repetition and reading the cheat sheet. In most games the lit inserts are displayed in combination with callouts.
But casual location players (once the game is stable enough to put on location) use callouts in combination with the blinky lights to figure out the game. If they can't do that then they won't be successful and will not put more coins in. Same with my comp players, if they only play the game once a week at mine, they will take a very long time to learn it as it stands.
In any case, the suggestion was aimed at PB.

What do you mean? The game itself hasn't changed as far as I'm aware. They are just making fixes (which may include bugs in game code) but most do not revolve around adding/changing gameplay or anything related to assets such as callouts.

#11766 1 year ago

How do they fix bugs in the code without changing it?

#11767 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

How do they fix bugs in the code without changing it?

What you are asking about is changing assets and the way the game is presented. There are no call outs because there were never callouts. I doubt that is something that will change.

To clarify: PB didn't code Alien, HWY did. PB made some changes (like chestburster magnet/hypersleep lock, maybe some scoring tweaks). I don't know everything that is different from a gameplay perspective (code wise). But as for actual gameplay changes I don't believe they've made any of those since the initial release. Additional callouts might not be possible due to license issues. I'm not sure anyone knows exactly what was required for them to reproduce these, but I don't see them making any further substantial changes to gameplay (callouts/rules/video assets).

That being said, I don't disagree with your request. I think it was less necessary with the playfield screen, but would be helpful on these.

#11768 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

This is a bit of a problem on the game - once you learn each mode it becomes a non-issue, but yeah really only learning the mode shots will help. The only mode I had a real problem with on Alien was Find Jonesy where I couldn't see for the life of me what to hit. But then I realised that's the whole point. Also it's one mode you cannot take into multiball (same with Acid Burn - you'll fail them almost immediately).

I mentioned it before, but the multiball and mode stacking really lift this game - I do love the way it goes from slow/tense to complete balls out action, then back to being relatively quiet again.

#11769 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This is a bit of a problem on the game - once you learn each mode it becomes a non-issue, but yeah really only learning the mode shots will help. The only mode I had a real problem with on Alien was Find Jonesy where I couldn't see for the life of me what to hit. But then I realised that's the whole point. Also it's one mode you cannot take into multiball (same with Acid Burn - you'll fail them almost immediately).
I mentioned it before, but the multiball and mode stacking really lift this game - I do love the way it goes from slow/tense to complete balls out action, then back to being relatively quiet again.

Yeah, some of them i have no idea, but if PB don't know that people want it, they definitely won't do it. If they do know people want it, they may.

It shouldn't be needful for casual players to do a study before putting their $2 in.

I'll learn it mostly, but the point is valid.

#11770 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This is a bit of a problem on the game - once you learn each mode it becomes a non-issue, but yeah really only learning the mode shots will help. The only mode I had a real problem with on Alien was Find Jonesy where I couldn't see for the life of me what to hit.

Just trap up and wait for the Meow ! IMO way better than Shoot Here and Here

#11771 1 year ago

Holy cow! I ordered my Alien LV about 2:00 am Sunday. Got a shipping notice today and just checked tracking and it’s scheduled for delivery by Fed Ex freight tomorrow! Cointaker is 228 miles from my house. That’s impressive and definitely the quickest a pin has ever shipped from order and quickest delivery date from ship date. Looks like I’ll be moving some pins around tonight

#11772 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Posting this Pinball Bros Christmas update for those who may not have received it
https://mailchi.mp/b5992774cf91/chicago-expo-14233533?e=c38b4ab30b

Thanks for posting this.

#11773 1 year ago

Find Jonesy is fricking amazing and perfect.

#11774 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Holy cow! I ordered my Alien LV about 2:00 am Sunday. Got a shipping notice today and just checked tracking and it’s scheduled for delivery by Fed Ex freight tomorrow! Cointaker is 228 miles from my house. That’s impressive and definitely the quickest a pin has ever shipped from order and quickest delivery date from ship date. Looks like I’ll be moving some pins around tonight

That's awesome! Wish I got mine that fast! It seems like Pinball Brothers is getting all caught up with existing orders if people are getting games this fast!

#11775 1 year ago

Mines in hard company.

ff16 (resized).jpgff16 (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11776 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Cointaker has it in stock right now. So I ordered Sunday and got a shipping notice today

Okay emailing my distributor now, I wonder if a shipment came in recently and I might be in luck.

I am in Canada so possible maybe some units off that boat are making their way up here now? idk will check.

and yes Congrats to you very beautiful machine.

#11777 1 year ago

UPDATE!: Yes weather delay but they are currently nearly to the distributor - chances of getting before Christmas fingers crossed.

Keep figuring out those bugs and issues in the meantime boys

Further update: Thursday!

#11778 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Find Jonesy is fricking amazing and perfect.

Quoted from Mageek:

Just trap up and wait for the Meow ! IMO way better than Shoot Here and Here

Once you figure out that you have to trap, wait and look for the shot when you hear the meow... yep it's brilliant! A lot easier too.

#11779 1 year ago

Just set the game up, and got "cabinet switch" error. Unplugged and replugged a bunch of stuff, and now seems to be fine. But I went to check the video connections by lowering the header, and a whole bunch of cables popped out. It's like there's no space at all.

Also, when lowering the playfield back, I cannot get it to sit in the second groove so that the screw can go back in.

Is it supposed to go back, or sit like this?

PXL_20221220_035026268 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_035026268 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_035056673 (resized).jpgPXL_20221220_035056673 (resized).jpg
#11780 1 year ago

Well it was just a bit of a tease. The FedEx shipment notification tracking said that it would be delivered tomorrow. I did think that was incredibly fast but that’s what it said. Then about an hour later FedEx freight sent me an email giving me two windows for delivery on Wednesday the 21st and two windows for delivery on Tuesday the 27th. Ugh after Christmas that’s no good so I selected Wednesday afternoon so I have to wait one more day - I’ll manage lol. Sorry that some of you are having to wait so long I just lucked out since I just decided to get one and they were in stock.

#11781 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Okay emailing my distributor now, I wonder if a shipment came in recently and I might be in luck.
I am in Canada so possible maybe some units off that boat are making their way up here now? idk will check.
and yes Congrats to you very beautiful machine.

Melissa at Cointaker told me that their units had just been delivered last Monday.

#11782 1 year ago

This is my first Pinball delivery by FedEx freight and I gotta say I’m impressed so far. Communication was quick and direct it was the easiest delivery I’ve set up for Pinball.

#11783 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Just set the game up, and got "cabinet switch" error. Unplugged and replugged a bunch of stuff, and now seems to be fine. But I went to check the video connections by lowering the header, and a whole bunch of cables popped out. It's like there's no space at all.
Also, when lowering the playfield back, I cannot get it to sit in the second groove so that the screw can go back in.
Is it supposed to go back, or sit like this?
[quoted image][quoted image]

It should sit in the back slot....the one it is in is for the lock bar tabs....sometimes it just takes a good push to get it to go into the slots...I sit the tabs down on top of the slot piece and push them back into the back slots with the ends of a plastic torpedo level....works fine, just need to man handle it a little...

#11784 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

It should sit in the back slot....the one it is in is for the lock bar tabs....sometimes it just takes a good push to get it to go into the slots...I sit the tabs down on top of the slot piece and push them back into the back slots with the ends of a plastic torpedo level....works fine, just need to man handle it a little...

I felt like I was going to snap something getting that playfield back in.

Now, I'm getting the video screen flickering every few games.

Does that sound like a loose or kinked cable?

#11785 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

This is my first Pinball delivery by FedEx freight and I gotta say I’m impressed so far. Communication was quick and direct it was the easiest delivery I’ve set up for Pinball.

The FedEx dude who delivered my pin was awesome. He helped me get it all the way in the front door. Yes... I slipped him a $20.

#11786 1 year ago

I updated the firmware on my SV to .71, it's wonderful having the quiet xeno. But now my machine won't take the 3.0 to 3.1 software upgrade. Also had the tongue just staying out after Ambush on a game. Going to play a few more then try to reinstall 3.1 after reboots. Love the game, but would like to see some consistency on the code updates.

#11787 1 year ago

Also a note for SV owners, I just got confirmation from PB Support. The light up stand up targets are still "not supported on the SV" so PB will not be sending a connector for the 5th LED to light up, and per support connecting the JST connectors to the standups can "void warranty" as they were never supported in the SV. Just sharing what was sent to me this AM.

#11788 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I updated the firmware on my SV to .71, it's wonderful having the quiet xeno. But now my machine won't take the 3.0 to 3.1 software upgrade. Also had the tongue just staying out after Ambush on a game. Going to play a few more then try to reinstall 3.1 after reboots. Love the game, but would like to see some consistency on the code updates.

You should expect problems if you are running .71 without 3.1. Make sure 3.1 is the only thing in the root of your SD Card and the filename is the same as the downloaded filename.

#11789 1 year ago

What's the recommended pitch for this game? 6.5?

#11790 1 year ago

I’d start there and if you’re having trouble with the hyper sleep ramp, move it up a bit higher.

#11791 1 year ago

I felt like I was going to snap something getting that playfield back in.
Now, I'm getting the video screen flickering every few games.
Does that sound like a loose or kinked cable?

Be careful with the back box cables when pushing the playfield.
If they get close to the ski ramp, you can't push the playfield all the way in and they can get cut off and create flicker in the video.

For me, the pitch is better at 7.

#11792 1 year ago

One more thing... When you switch the game on, should the shaker motor go off?

As soon as I hit the power switch, the shaker violently shakes the machine for a second, and then the game boots.

#11793 1 year ago

With version 3.0 or less, yes.

#11794 1 year ago

One more thing... When you switch the game on, should the shaker motor go off?
As soon as I hit the power switch, the shaker violently shakes the machine for a second, and then the game boots.

Normal.

#11795 1 year ago

Shaker still comes on at boot on 0.71/3.1 aswell. Wish they’d sort this out once and for all . It’s well annoying..

#11796 1 year ago

Wait, I'm trying to get caught up here. So is the firmware update for the SV as well? Also, I am getting that I need to do the game update and then the firware update. In that order and seperately?

#11797 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Shaker still comes on at boot on 0.71/3.1 aswell. Wish they’d sort this out once and for all . It’s well annoying..

For LV owners:
Combined with Firmware 0.71, Improved switching shaker off at startup.

3.1 does not help with the shaker?

#11798 1 year ago

I'd recommend 7 degrees.

#11799 1 year ago

For others that updated to 3.1 and have the xeno mouth closing on the tongue issue, are you sharing logs and communicating with PB? When I brought it up Shawn seemed surprised that I was experiencing this issue. Several people have reported the same problem.

#11800 1 year ago
Quoted from ExportZ:

For LV owners:
Combined with Firmware 0.71, Improved switching shaker off at startup.
3.1 does not help with the shaker?

On mine, still comes on but not as long. Not sure whether that’s the same on other lv games or not. Seems some people get different results after updates as I haven’t had any xeno issues so far

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/236?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.