100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 377.
#11501 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Please let us in on this triple play

It was just blind luck first time I did it - I had a ball locked in hypersleep, and also had extra ball lit. The ball was draining and sometimes I'll use the shotgun or smart gun as it can save the drain by starting a multiball for you (eg, shotgun can start Ambush MB if you only need 2 more xeno hits).

Anyway, I used the smart gun, and the game gifted me the Hypersleep shot - which started the multiball, thereby saving the drain and also awarded me the extra ball. It was bloody amazing! I've managed to do it a couple more times since then.

#11502 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

It was just blind luck first time I did it - I had a ball locked in hypersleep, and also had extra ball lit. The ball was draining and sometimes I'll use the shotgun or smart gun as it can save the drain by starting a multiball for you (eg, shotgun can start Ambush MB if you only need 2 more xeno hits).
Anyway, I used the smart gun, and the game gifted me the Hypersleep shot - which started the multiball, thereby saving the drain and also awarded me the extra ball. It was bloody amazing! I've managed to do it a couple more times since then.

Yep collecting and using weapons (specifically shotgun, smart gun & flamethrower) can be key to surviving - I really enjoy making the most of them and think it really makes this game brilliant. There are some subtle things about them though, as I tried to use the smart gun to start All Out War (couldn't hit the Xeno and was starting to choke) yet it didn't award me that shot (I can't remember what I got for it).

#11503 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

Yes there are three different flipper settings found in two different parts of the menu. First is found in the coils setting which adjusts the overall flipper power. The other two settings you will find in one of the other submenus are “flipper pull duty” and “flipper hold duty” the flipper hold duty setting for that flipper needs to be increased. If it’s turned all the way up and still happens then increase the flipper power in the other menu. If you turn the flipper power up you may need to decrease the pull duty to keep from getting air balls. All three of these settings work collaboratively to help dial in the strength. Takes some Messi g around with for sure.

Thanks, you for this!!!! After I finish a movie with the wife, I will run to give this a shot!

#11504 1 year ago

I am looking for assistance on a technical issue from someone who has the Alien LV.

The ideal person has the following
-micrometer
-takes good detailed photos
-Alien LV access

Please reach me out at [email protected] - no Pinside mail

if you are a mechanical engineer you are the ideal person (with no offense meant for other fabulous people out there).

Tmezel please follow this thread

#11505 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Thanks, you for this!!!! After I finish a movie with the wife, I will run to give this a shot!

Worked like a champ!!!! Thanks for this

#11506 1 year ago

Worked like a champ!!!! Thanks for this

You’re welcome! I had the same problem when I turned down the main flipper power in the coil menu. The scoop eject would hit the left flipper and make it drop/drain even though it would flip the ball with plenty of strength. Found the hidden “duty” adjustments just randomly browsing through the menu system.

#11507 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Did you buy the recommended Stern switches or another switch? Are the stern stitches dual action or whatever they are so you can flip the bottom flipper and not the top?

I did get the stern ones. I only got the regular switches and not the ones for staged flips. I’m sure you could get those and have no issues though.

#11508 1 year ago

Found out something pretty cool tonight while playing....you can get a super skill shot if you plug the ball and then hit it into and up the left in lane....or somehow manage to get it to go up and into the left in lane....not easy to do, but i did it a couple times and one was worth 7 million!!! Pretty cool!!!

#11509 1 year ago

I have been working with PB support and they have been nothing short of fantastic. Its the weekend and I figured I would ask the community till I wait for Monday to work with PB. The problem is that my Drop target optos were working and then they suddenly stopped working. In working with PB they ended up sending me PCB #3 thinking this would solve it, however I just installed the new board, check and triple checked all connections and still not registering any hits. If after draining a ball the drop targets are all down when it loads he next ball the drop targets come up. I feel like its going to have to be the Opto board that sits on the drop target mechanism, however I figured I would reach out and see if you all had any issues like this. Please note that when I got this (I am 2nd owner) they installed the modded clear frosted targets from mezel mod however it was working when I got it as I achieved hypersleep a few times till it stopped working. Thoughts for me to look at or try?

Thanks in advance!

#11510 1 year ago

I have been working with PB support and they have been nothing short of fantastic. Its the weekend and I figured I would ask the community till I wait for Monday to work with PB. The problem is that my Drop target optos were working and then they suddenly stopped working. In working with PB they ended up sending me PCB #3 thinking this would solve it, however I just installed the new board, check and triple checked all connections and still not registering any hits. If after draining a ball the drop targets are all down when it loads he next ball the drop targets come up. I feel like its going to have to be the Opto board that sits on the drop target mechanism, however I figured I would reach out and see if you all had any issues like this. Please note that when I got this (I am 2nd owner) they installed the modded clear frosted targets from mezel mod however it was working when I got it as I achieved hypersleep a few times till it stopped working. Thoughts for me to look at or try?
Thanks in advance!

I was having intermittent drops on my SV and I took the board off and noticed that the sensors were a little loose. One of them was the common offender so I resoldered each one and I have had much better performance since then. T

I do notice that this game seems to need a little additional programming for the drops as sometimes I'll have all three drops down and they won't return and it seems to be mode dependent. So who knows.

#11511 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I was having intermittent drops on my SV and I took the board off and noticed that the sensors were a little loose. One of them was the common offender so I resoldered each one and I have had much better performance since then. T
I do notice that this game seems to need a little additional programming for the drops as sometimes I'll have all three drops down and they won't return and it seems to be mode dependent. So who knows.

I appreciate you sharing your experience and though I am not great at soldering may give it a shot. When I took the opto board off the optos appeared to have a solid connection to the board but will double check.

#11512 1 year ago

I appreciate you sharing your experience and though I am not great at soldering may give it a shot. When I took the opto board off the optos appeared to have a solid connection to the board but will double check.

They are tiny so be careful about bridging them!

#11513 1 year ago

Are you sure the interruptors are all blacked out so the Optos will work?

#11514 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Are you sure the interruptors are all blacked out so the Optos will work?

What do you mean by that. Do we believe that since the drop targets are clear/frosted it's not being seen by the opto. If yes, should I take black tape or a sharpei and make them dark to test it?

#11515 1 year ago

What do you mean by that. Do we believe that since the drop targets are clear/frosted it's not being seen by the opto. If yes, should I take black tape or a sharpei and make them dark to test it?

IMG_20221015_141141 (resized).jpgIMG_20221015_141141 (resized).jpg
#11516 1 year ago

I purchased the clear drop targets from Mezal mods and noticed they would not fuction as good as the original ( move up and down freely) so I did not install. I just installed the green lighting.

#11517 1 year ago

Oh wow, ok I will try this tonight when I get home as this would be hilarious if it works!

#11518 1 year ago

Also check there movement in general I would believe mezel did the smoothing before these shipped but just make sure there is nothing hindering there movement,If mezel source these translucent drops the same place as mine there are bumps and manufacturers marks that need to be removed for proper smooth function.

#11519 1 year ago

If I could fucking hug you all I would! This FIXED IT!!!!!! I used a paint pen for all three and once dried and after 5 games as well as testing the optos they all work 100%. I am sure someone has already however I would let Mezel Mod know that this mod needs further modification as its obvious I was not the only one. I absolutely love this community and this game! I will let PB support know asap that I am good to go.

One question, for the pop bumpers should I raise the power of them so that when the ball enters it actually gets knocked around as right now it can be a bot lackluster when the ball enters the pops.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

#11520 1 year ago

If I could fucking hug you all I would! This FIXED IT!!!!!! I used a paint pen for all three and once dried and after 5 games as well as testing the optos they all work 100%. I am sure someone has already however I would let Mezel Mod know that this mod needs further modification as its obvious I was not the only one. I absolutely love this community and this game! I will let PB support know asap that I am good to go.
One question, for the pop bumpers should I raise the power of them so that when the ball enters it actually gets knocked around as right now it can be a bot lackluster when the ball enters the pops.
THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

I don’t think that’s the issue. You need to tighten the gap on the switch beneath the pop bumper to make it more responsive. Sounds be an 1/8” between the metal blades. If it’s more than that it will effect the sensitivity and responsiveness of the pops.

#11521 1 year ago

Had to lower the power on the bottom pop yesti as it was slamming back and forward twixt pop and rubber and took a tilt to unstick it.

#11522 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I don’t think that’s the issue. You need to tighten the gap on the switch beneath the pop bumper to make it more responsive. Sounds be an 1/8” between the metal blades. If it’s more than that it will effect the sensitivity and responsiveness of the pops.

I again just have to comment how kick ass PB support is, as before I could email them that my original problem was corrected, they emailed me letting me know they "heard" i got it fixed and that I may want to get the pop bumpers moving more. They then sent a link to a video on doing what you just suggested to do! I put PB support up there with spooky and JJP. I originally was nervous to nab a Alien due to some of the challenges and was not sure how support was. THis community let me know it was rock solid and they were not lying. Keep up the great work PB support team!

#11523 1 year ago

I again just have to comment how kick ass PB support is, as before I could email them that my original problem was corrected, they emailed me letting me know they "heard" i got it fixed and that I may want to get the pop bumpers moving more. They then sent a link to a video on doing what you just suggested to do! I put PB support up there with spooky and JJP. I originally was nervous to nab a Alien due to some of the challenges and was not sure how support was. THis community let me know it was rock solid and they were not lying. Keep up the great work PB support team!

Glad you got it figured out!

#11524 1 year ago

1000% totally agree with this! PB support is Better than top notch! If anyone is hesitant about this pin because of some issues seen with various games, don't be! PB support is SUPER fast and great to work with!!! So nice not having to worry if anything happens because you know the support is there!

#11525 1 year ago

Hello, all. I've been following the board here for about a year. My machine is working great. I'm now in the mod / upgrade / addition phase. There are gaps which seem to have been filled in the possibly tentative LX version:

- Facehugger, life size, 'topper' (great, subtle add on and holds on tight with strong shaker), Alien Covenant official merch
- Tracker mod (excellent), Andrew B on Pinside
- Hypersleep chamber (adjustment to be made, style seems to match the eggs and lighting is nice), Mezelmods
- APC lighting and translucent (not sure if these stick some, I'm seeing newest posts, or require some adjustment, Mezelmods
- Screen frame upgrade (great), Mezelmods
- Fire pit red blinking lighting, Mezelmods

To be installed:

- Truss, Mezelmods
- Jonesy Hot Toys (seemed highest quality, considering carrying case and Jonsey or maybe just Jonesy, and not sure best placement)

My comments:

- Fun and excellent machine
- Interesting, as a first time pin owner, to learn how to do these mods on my own
- I'm very happy and highly recommend tracker mod and Mezelmod additions, which seem natural, official and maybe LX version intended?
- Shaker very strong at startup (adjustable for startup to reduce?, I see that this is same comments as others)
- Considering apron mod
- Seeking out premium, high quality alien interior mouth mod / upgrade
- Seeking a designer (is anyone out there for a fee) and mod for best placement and organic incorporation of some of the Konami SF Movie selection ships and / or figures (Japan imports)
- Are any other high premium mods out there to consider?

Unknown-10 (resized).jpegUnknown-10 (resized).jpegUnknown-7 (resized).jpegUnknown-7 (resized).jpegUnknown-8 (resized).jpegUnknown-8 (resized).jpegUnknown-9 (resized).jpegUnknown-9 (resized).jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11526 1 year ago

Has anyone installed interior pinball display (for floating toy) posts or best designs for the Konami SF movie figures or ships? Is there a designer out there to commission with for floating anchored posts, highest quality design? Less is more so just a few for subtle improvement / implementation. These seem the highest quality and most sensible size to include and implement. I could see 2 or 3 being installed without being overwhelming or cluttered.

Unknown-11 (resized).jpegUnknown-11 (resized).jpegUnknown-12 (resized).jpegUnknown-12 (resized).jpeg

#11527 1 year ago
Quoted from Derekk:

I purchased the clear drop targets from Mezal mods and noticed they would not fuction as good as the original ( move up and down freely) so I did not install. I just installed the green lighting.

I've had no problems with my Mezel Mods (white translucent) drop targets getting knocked down and coming back up properly. The targets came with that bottom tab already black. One thing I noticed was when the targets reset (up) the coil below extends again even though all targets are all back up. It's like it's making sure they are all up in case one or more wasn't. I can't remember if the targets (coil) did this before or it started after a software update or it's something to do with the mod targets?
Is this how other owners targets operate regardless of if they are stock or Mezel ones?

#11528 1 year ago

I ordered the clear drops from Zit (pinball-mods) for all of my games (which I believe is where Tim gets his from). I had to do some major work on them including trimming the top, trimming and smoothing out the full washer slide track (top and bottom), and then finally I had to get out my heat gun and heat the shaft to bend them slightly forward. They came with a slight rear lean instead of at least being straight so the front tabs would not catch and hold reliability to the mech. Don't ask me how much fun it was to heat, bend, cool while maintaining shape for 5 targets to come out the exact same shape so the didn't stick out different depths (my SWLE force targets).

The other issue was I ordered the lot for all my pins in two halves a few months apart and some of the targets have differing opacity.

20221121_185452 (resized).jpg20221121_185452 (resized).jpg
#11529 1 year ago

I am sooo close to getting this bad boy 100% dialed in. I followed the video on the pop bumbers and the top left and right are now perfect and the ball gets beat up real good, however the bottom popper, when the ball hits it, nothing happens. It looks as though the switch is super close but it takes me pushing my hand on the pop bumber for it to activate. Is there something else I should be looking at to assist in creating more sensitivity for that bumper?

#11530 1 year ago
Quoted from swirlingstorm:

Has anyone installed interior pinball display (for floating toy) posts or best designs for the Konami SF movie figures or ships? Is there a designer out there to commission with for floating anchored posts, highest quality design? Less is more so just a few for subtle improvement / implementation. These seem the highest quality and most sensible size to include and implement. I could see 2 or 3 being installed without being overwhelming or cluttered.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, I have a few. Here's where mine are. They are secured with my best buddy for sticking anything to anything else.

Double Sided Tape Clear, Heavy Duty Tape, Strong and Permanent for Outdoor and Indoor,HPP (1in x 16ft) https://a.co/d/8NMUElt

20221211_083724 (resized).jpg20221211_083724 (resized).jpg20221211_083731 (resized).jpg20221211_083731 (resized).jpg
#11531 1 year ago

I like your airlock. Where is that one from? It seems more Aliens movie accurate (?). I have Mezelmods airlock upgrade, which is pin accurate.

#11532 1 year ago

I am sooo close to getting this bad boy 100% dialed in. I followed the video on the pop bumbers and the top left and right are now perfect and the ball gets beat up real good, however the bottom popper, when the ball hits it, nothing happens. It looks as though the switch is super close but it takes me pushing my hand on the pop bumber for it to activate. Is there something else I should be looking at to assist in creating more sensitivity for that bumper?

Ok after taking a deep breath I was able to see my error. These can be very finicky and I finally got the 3rd pop to hit just right! We are 100% now!

#11533 1 year ago

Ok after taking a deep breath I was able to see my error. These can be very finicky and I finally got the 3rd pop to hit just right! We are 100% now!

Those pops can really increase your bonus with eggs destroyed

#11534 1 year ago

I like your airlock. Where is that one from? It seems more Aliens movie accurate (?). I have Mezelmods airlock upgrade, which is pin accurate.

It's the best one out there imo. Just pm Mageek and he'll hook you up. He also sells the hypersleep mod as well.

#11535 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

It's the best one out there imo. Just pm Mageek and he'll hook you up. He also sells the hypersleep mod as well.

For sure, Mageek makes great stuff!

407A9862-14D1-443B-90F9-FE45379977CC (resized).jpeg407A9862-14D1-443B-90F9-FE45379977CC (resized).jpeg
#11536 1 year ago

I modelled it after the airlock in the Alien movie , here is a pic of Ash entering the Airlock. It’s also the graphic displayed when you get an Extra Ball.

783064F2-7A19-498D-B334-E21C9EFEB1A9 (resized).jpeg783064F2-7A19-498D-B334-E21C9EFEB1A9 (resized).jpeg
#11537 1 year ago

Randomly my hypersleep lock is not registering. Is that an opto? It does 3 ball searches then just ends ball. Also in attract mode the hypersleep lock mech is popping up and down a few times (like in a test mode almost). Any ideas? Thanks

#11538 1 year ago
Quoted from moat-pin:

Randomly my hypersleep lock is not registering. Is that an opto? It does 3 ball searches then just ends ball. Also in attract mode the hypersleep lock mech is popping up and down a few times (like in a test mode almost). Any ideas? Thanks

There are optos. I would check them first. Make sure none are unplugged from the board underneath. Can also put in switch edge mode and move your finger in front of each opto to see if it’s reading them.

#11539 1 year ago

I am having trouble deciding if I should pull the trigger on pinstadiums for this pin. I get it is supposed to be a dark theme however I love a solid lightshow. Anyone try them on their alien and hate them?

#11540 1 year ago

Jeeeeez... I had a monster game on this last night! Ambush multiball x3, Hypersleep multiball x2 I even started Save Newt twice. Completed Self Destruct - and only 2 modes away from All Out War, had 3 extra balls, used about 10 weapons it was epic. BUT - i only got half of my best GC score! I must have absolutely sucked in the modes and multiballs.

Seriously this game is brilliant.

Also have to mention - I had an issue with my playfield controller box shorting out (mentioned it a little while back). I reported the issue a week ago Friday - Andrea from PB made me a video to look at over the weekend to check everything, so I found the shorted box. The replacement was sent immediately via express through warranty and I had it 4 days later. He also threw in a couple of spare slingshot plastics. Best customer service anywhere beyond a shadow of a doubt from these guys. I'm actually tempted to look at ordering a Queen from them...

#11541 1 year ago

I am having trouble deciding if I should pull the trigger on pinstadiums for this pin. I get it is supposed to be a dark theme however I love a solid lightshow. Anyone try them on their alien and hate them?

LV you prob don’t need. SV (which I have) I didn’t add as people do like this pin dark, but if you play it in dark room imo it’s just too dark. Since I got the Apron mod though it makes plenty of difference- so if can get on list for that then that’s ideal solution.

#11542 1 year ago

There are optos. I would check them first. Make sure none are unplugged from the board underneath. Can also put in switch edge mode and move your finger in front of each opto to see if it’s reading them.

Ok will do thank you!

#11543 1 year ago

Hey there, im in the club with a SV. I scanned the thread but I'm not sure about some things.
Is there a way to Stage Flip? I heard there will be an upgrade in the future?
When activates the magnet to the right of the right ramp exactly?
I often wait for it, when the ball comes down from the pops and then i miss the shot because the magnet doesn't grab the ball.

#11544 1 year ago

Does anyone else's pop up targets reset twice?

#11545 1 year ago

I definitely would not install them on an LV...I play mine in the dark and it's plenty bright.

#11546 1 year ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Hey there, im in the club with a SV. I scanned the thread but I'm not sure about some things.
Is there a way to Stage Flip? I heard there will be an upgrade in the future?
When activates the magnet to the right of the right ramp exactly?
I often wait for it, when the ball comes down from the pops and then i miss the shot because the magnet doesn't grab the ball.

Currently there is no way to stage flip.

The magnet in the chest burster lane grabs the ball based on a prox sensor under the playfield. I don’t know if it’s supposed to grab it every time it enters that area, or if there’s a scenario that it won’t grab even if the prox sensor is triggered.

#11547 1 year ago

A suggestion for (new) owners, search this thread for posts by pinsider bcd , he was on the original development team and his posts answer pretty much any questions you may have about the rules. Thanks to bcd for being active here!

#11548 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Currently there is no way to stage flip.
The magnet in the chest burster lane grabs the ball based on a prox sensor under the playfield. I don’t know if it’s supposed to grab it every time it enters that area, or if there’s a scenario that it won’t grab even if the prox sensor is triggered.

ok thanks.

What about this chest burster shot? that is so tight its unreal... even harder than the "O" shot of JP.
I already pulled the Target to the side so its easier. Any hint for making it easier?

#11549 1 year ago

Have pinstadiums installed on my SV and love them.
Many options in lighting intensity etc.

Very cool is the UV flasher lighting effect in combination with the Xeno magnet.

#11550 1 year ago

Double post, sorry

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 18,834 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/231 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.