20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 376.
#11451 1 year ago

So I have a deposit riding on a new LV. The other day at the distributor I was playing an SV at the showroom and I was running into a lot of problems with the ball search going off when the ball would not eject all the way into the shooting trough. I think based on what I have read they may not be up to date on software and I am following up with them.

But I guess my question is this - are the very latest LV machines coming off the assembly line arriving in good running order with all of the past couple years learnings applied already?

#11452 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

But I guess my question is this - are the very latest LV machines coming off the assembly line arriving in good running order with all of the past couple years learnings applied already?

From what I've experienced with my recently received LV, that appears to be the case.

#11453 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

So I have a deposit riding on a new LV. The other day at the distributor I was playing an SV at the showroom and I was running into a lot of problems with the ball search going off when the ball would not eject all the way into the shooting trough. I think based on what I have read they may not be up to date on software and I am following up with them.

The trough launch issue you're seeing is likely a misaligned shooter lane ramp. My early SV had the same problem. I fixed the ramp pretty easily by bending it into shape.

#11454 1 year ago

SO you all were 100% correct PB su

Quoted from Kabball:

I have number 220 and only one issue that PB is addressing as thier support in my opinion is top notch!!!! Everything was dialed in and working just fine then one day my drop target optos stopped registering. PB was super fast and believe it's the pcb 3 whi h they are sending me a replacement. Even without hypersleep I looove playing this game.

#11455 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

The trough launch issue you're seeing is likely a misaligned shooter lane ramp. My early SV had the same problem. I fixed the ramp pretty easily by bending it into shape.

Thanks I will pass that along as they were already on code 2.8 so not as old as feared.

#11456 1 year ago

Unboxed my LV yesterday! #239 and working fine! Checked all connections before turning it on and everything looked really good and tidy! Very well built! I'm REALLY glad I went with the LV. This machine is sooo nice looking! Updated to 3.0 code and it's playing great! MAN what a great game! Definitely the best sounding game I have ever owned!

IMG_0014 (resized).jpegIMG_0014 (resized).jpegIMG_0016 (resized).jpegIMG_0016 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpegIMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
#11457 1 year ago

Awesome thanks for the posts from recent LV owners, sounds pretty promising. definitely leaning to just let this preorder ride. Hopefully I can get it inside Q1

#11458 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Unboxed my LV yesterday! #239 and working fine! Checked all connections before turning it on and everything looked really good and tidy! Very well built! I'm REALLY glad I went with the LV. This machine is sooo nice looking! Updated to 3.0 code and it's playing great! MAN what a great game! Definitely the best sounding game I have ever owned!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

looks awesome... keep that windex away from that LV glass.. ammonia free cleaners only!

#11459 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

looks awesome... keep that windex away from that LV glass.. ammonia free cleaners only!

Why? What does Windex with ammonia in it do to LV glass? I have no issue with Windex on my SV.

#11460 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Why? What does Windex with ammonia in it do to LV glass? I have no issue with Windex on my SV.

LV has invisiglass and the ammonia can screw with the coating.

#11461 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

Except for PDI glass where the coating is etched on (I still never use ammonia cleaners anywhere in my house anyway), all/most the other verities of "optical glass" have a sprayed on coating which will degrade over time. Using ammonia can significantly speed up that process.

#11463 1 year ago
Quoted from Kabball:

Awesome thanks for the posts from recent LV owners, sounds pretty promising. definitely leaning to just let this preorder ride. Hopefully I can get it inside Q1

I got my LV in November. No issues. This is a great machine, easily among the best ever, which becomes clear after playing for a while in a home environment.

#11464 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

I got my LV in November. No issues. This is a great machine, easily among the best ever, which becomes clear after playing for a while in a home environment.

Tell that to the Stern Army that went on the Pinside top 100 and gave 1 star reviews to push it out of the number 1 spot.

#11465 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Tell that to the Stern Army that went on the Pinside top 100 and gave 1 star reviews to push it out of the number 1 spot.

Sternfanboys are worse the xbox vs playstation trolls. LOL...

#11466 1 year ago

There are a few Stern titles I would have liked to see how they came out had they been made JJP/CGC/API. Game of Thrones being the most obvious..imagine using that license to its full potential with an LCD display, quality sound and a logical playfield layout where the upper playfield doesn’t block 25% of the total viewing area.

#11467 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

The ratings drop from #1 to #50 in a week was ridiculous. I’m hoping that over time that Alien LV will rightfully rise back to a top 3 title where it belongs. I like all things pinball regardless of the manufacturer. The ratings bomb dropped on Alien LV should have been rejected by pinside.

#11468 1 year ago

My Alien mouth magent has some serious pitting after a few games. I think this is normal for this type of magnet but will putting some mylar over the magnet help with this? Or will it only interfere with the magent grab?

#11469 1 year ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

My Alien mouth magent has some serious pitting after a few games. I think this is normal for this type of magnet but will putting some mylar over the magnet help with this? Or will it only interfere with the magent grab?

I put mylar on the playfield around the magnet day one. the tounge itself seems to be good on mine after 9 months of playing it.

#11470 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

I put mylar on the playfield around the magnet day one. the tounge itself seems to be good on mine after 9 months of playing it.

Where do you all order your mylar from?

#11471 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

I think it's a good machine so far. Haven't figured out all the rules yet, but it's coming. 5 days in now and i'm playing a fair bit of it, but one of the greatest ever?

Not for me, it's not there with Attack From Mars, Deadpool or Tron. Maybe i need more time on it, but i never felt that way about Tron when it got here, i knew it was here to stay within a couple of days.

#11472 1 year ago

For me I loved it immediately because i'm such a massive Alien fan and it's themed amazingly well, but I did find the enjoyment going up up a (big) notch when I started to learn how to use the weapons effectively, how eggs/lifecycles etc affect scoring, using dropship double scoring, start rescue mode etc. You'll eventually get a game where you'll use the shotgun or the smart gun to save drains and stuff like that - in fact the smart gun used at the right time can save a drain, start Hypersleeep Multiball and get an extra ball at the same time - real fist pumping moment. Stuff like that makes the game really come alive.

#11473 1 year ago

Haven't got that far into it admittedly.

I don't go for themes, but i do fall in love with theme integration. I want the machines to involve me in the story and this seems like it will do that for me.

Games like Tron, The Hobbit, Indiana Jones etc are the ones that suck me in.

Hate The Walking Dead tv show, but the theme is well integrated so love the machine.

#11474 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I think it's a good machine so far. Haven't figured out all the rules yet, but it's coming. 5 days in now and i'm playing a fair bit of it, but one of the greatest ever?
Not for me, it's not there with Attack From Mars, Deadpool or Tron. Maybe i need more time on it, but i never felt that way about Tron when it got here, i knew it was here to stay within a couple of days.

Didn't care for Tron or Deadpool...so possible this game just isn't for you. It's fair.

#11475 1 year ago

Don't get me wrong mate, i'm enjoying it so far. It just doesn't strike me as best game ever is all.

As you say, we all go for different things in pinball. People even like GnR, hell i LOVE my Hankin Orbit 1.

#11476 1 year ago

Question, I have noticed in more than a few games I will get a extra ball or two without having to hit the side ramp? I thought all EB's where received by making that side ramp shot. Am I missing something in the rules or is there a setting I need to change?

#11477 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Question, I have noticed in more than a few games I will get a extra ball or two without having to hit the side ramp? I thought all EB's where received by making that side ramp shot. Am I missing something in the rules or is there a setting I need to change?

You can occasionally be awarded a free ball in the mother hole but not often.

#11478 1 year ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

Are you talking about the permanent magnet on the tongue? I put a couple wraps of electrical tape around mine after it started chipping. I tried heat shrink but it wouldn't stay on.

#11479 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

The original owner of my LV provided these flipper stiffeners. Is the general consensus that these are an improvement and recommended to install? The factory buttons do feel very soft.
[quoted image]

I ended up replacing the switches completely. It plays so perfectly now.

#11480 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Except for PDI glass where the coating is etched on (I still never use ammonia cleaners anywhere in my house anyway), all/most the other verities of "optical glass" have a sprayed on coating which will degrade over time. Using ammonia can significantly speed up that process.

I have "Magic" anti-reflective glass on my optioned up Houdini pinball and no issues with Windex after 2 years. Is "Magic" glass different?

#11481 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I just added an extra copper leaf to each switch from another set of spare switches I had and they feel "right" now.

#11482 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

You can occasionally be awarded a free ball in the mother hole but not often.

you can also get an extra ball if you have special set to that as well. Right outlane drian will provide.

#11483 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

you can also get an extra ball if you have special set to that as well. Right outlane drian will provide.

Ahhh I believe it may be that. Do you know how one gets special lit?

#11484 1 year ago

Ahhh I believe it may be that. Do you know how one gets special lit?

Completing missions triggers outlane special. Default is 4 missions complete for special. Rule sheet is below

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/media/pages/pdfs/anleitungen/Rulesheet_Alien_V1_2.pdf.pdf

#11485 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

I have "Magic" anti-reflective glass on my optioned up Houdini pinball and no issues with Windex after 2 years. Is "Magic" glass different?

My guess would be that's is sprayed on given the similar price point the all the other sprayed on glass out there but there aren't many details on the site. It's not like using Windex will instantaneously wipe off these types of coatings. The risk is the amonia will wear the coating off faster over time than using a more mild cleaner. As it happens gradually through prolonged cleaning, it'd probably be tough to notice that very overtly.

#11486 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Did you buy the recommended Stern switches or another switch? Are the stern stitches dual action or whatever they are so you can flip the bottom flipper and not the top?

#11487 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Give it some more time. I find it to be every bit as fun and deeper than AFM. Also, I think the art and sound are among the best. It’s not a theme I care about but, man, they nailed it.

#11488 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Did you buy the recommended Stern switches or another switch? Are the stern stitches dual action or whatever they are so you can flip the bottom flipper and not the top?

I bought the Stern style single switch and they have been working perfectly. I did try adding another copper strip to the original ones like Optimiser did and ran that for a while but the Stern definitely have the right feel. I also got a set of the dual stage switches but I don't think the firmware is available yet for a SV and I don't know the wiring for those....anyone care to take a picture of the LV dual stage wires plz.

#11489 1 year ago
Quoted from ChiPin1978:

Give it some more time. I find it to be every bit as fun and deeper than AFM. Also, I think the art and sound are among the best. It’s not a theme I care about but, man, they nailed it.

Will do. I'm playing at least ten games a day, averaging 15-20 and topping out at 50m. Starting to learn what shots some of the modes are and completing one now and then.

#11490 1 year ago

punkin I have had my SV for about a month- I absolutely love it- Stacking MB and learning when to use weapons is key- Also getting good at nailing the hyper sleep ramp helped- Once I get in the flow and zone of that game to me it is on par with Godzilla- I frequently go back and forth between the two and love both- I am an average player at best who just enjoys playing- It took me months before I cracked 1 Billion in GZ and still haven't made it to planet X -

#11491 1 year ago

Something weird just happened. I completed Bug Hunt on my second ball and when i shot into the scoop the game reset and started a new game from scratch on the existing ball.

code is 3.0.

#11492 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

I had a Tron LE and loved it. Alien is better overall when you get it totally dialed in. Takes a while to warm up to though, I hated it at first and now it’s like my fav game.

#11493 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Something weird just happened. I completed Bug Hunt on my second ball and when i shot into the scoop the game reset and started a new game from scratch on the existing ball.
code is 3.0.

Yea there’s some glitches on 3.0. This happened to me like twice.

#11494 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

code is 3.0.

Happens a lot, experienced during, multiball, pop bumper action & attract mode.

#11495 1 year ago

Shit. Just been trying to talk my operator mate into buying one, he's coming to play it tomorrow. Can't advise it now.

#11496 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Shit. Just been trying to talk my operator mate into buying one, he's coming to play it tomorrow. Can't advise it now.

Waiting patiently for the code update to iron out these bugs.

#11497 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

Waiting patiently for the code update to iron out these bugs.

Just make sure you do more than wait.... submit those logs. Otherwise, that stuff is not going to get addressed.

I've never seen a game restart in bug hunt or multiball.

#11498 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

For me I loved it immediately because i'm such a massive Alien fan and it's themed amazingly well, but I did find the enjoyment going up up a (big) notch when I started to learn how to use the weapons effectively, how eggs/lifecycles etc affect scoring, using dropship double scoring, start rescue mode etc. You'll eventually get a game where you'll use the shotgun or the smart gun to save drains and stuff like that - in fact the smart gun used at the right time can save a drain, start Hypersleeep Multiball and get an extra ball at the same time - real fist pumping moment. Stuff like that makes the game really come alive.

Please let us in on this triple play

#11499 1 year ago

OK I have recently noticed that with my left bottom flipper if a ball hits it hard enough or during multiball I have 2 balls resting on it a third hits the flipper the flipper just gives and goes down as if I let go of the flipper button though i have not. It's like it just give up and can't handle the weight. It then goes back to normal, however is this a setting I can address or is it the actual flipper?

#11500 1 year ago

OK I have recently noticed that with my left bottom flipper if a ball hits it hard enough or during multiball I have 2 balls resting on it a third hits the flipper the flipper just gives and goes down as if I let go of the flipper button though i have not. It's like it just give up and can't handle the weight. It then goes back to normal, however is this a setting I can address or is it the actual flipper?

Yes there are three different flipper settings found in two different parts of the menu. First is found in the coils setting which adjusts the overall flipper power. The other two settings you will find in one of the other submenus are “flipper pull duty” and “flipper hold duty” the flipper hold duty setting for that flipper needs to be increased. If it’s turned all the way up and still happens then increase the flipper power in the other menu. If you turn the flipper power up you may need to decrease the pull duty to keep from getting air balls. All three of these settings work collaboratively to help dial in the strength. Takes some messing around with for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/230?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.