100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 377.
#11401 1 year ago

OK so I joined the club and after setting it up it appears I have only one issue. When the alien takes the ball into his mouth, every so often the ball will not release from the mechanism, and I have to go into the test menu to release it by running the mouth test. I also notice that when the device comes out of the mouth it makes a fairly large grinding sound. I swear that was an issue someone here had a fixed, however can not find it. Is it difficult to take the alien head off? Once I can nail these down I will have it dialed In.

#11402 1 year ago

also where in the menu can I up the top right flipper power?

#11403 1 year ago

Mine got here yesterday. It's one issue after another nearly every game. Pretty disappointing as the previous owner said it was running without issue.

#11404 1 year ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

OK so I joined the club and after setting it up it appears I have only one issue. When the alien takes the ball into his mouth, every so often the ball will not release from the mechanism, and I have to go into the test menu to release it by running the mouth test. I also notice that when the device comes out of the mouth it makes a fairly large grinding sound. I swear that was an issue someone here had a fixed, however can not find it. Is it difficult to take the alien head off? Once I can nail these down I will have it dialed In.

So there are 2 levels of noise involved. 1 is normal and occurs when the magnet is moving. If you think it's too loud please make a video of it.
The second occurs when the magnet is almost all the way back. If your playfield hangers were bent in shipping i.e. no foam in the back then the back of that rod can hit the back of the cabinet making a horrible noise. If you think this might be it post a pic of the gap between the can and the apron with the lockdown and glass off. I had this problem and bent my hangers back but will replace them when I make an order for parts

#11405 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

So there are 2 levels of noise involved. 1 is normal and occurs when the magnet is moving. If you think it's too loud please make a video of it.
The second occurs when the magnet is almost all the way back. If your playfield hangers were bent in shipping i.e. no foam in the back then the back of that rod can hit the back of the cabinet making a horrible noise. If you think this might be it post a pic of the gap between the can and the apron with the lockdown and glass off. I had this problem and bent my hangers back but will replace them when I make an order for parts

OK will get a video of it now and post shortly.

#11406 1 year ago

The original owner of my LV provided these flipper stiffeners. Is the general consensus that these are an improvement and recommended to install? The factory buttons do feel very soft.

4C56227E-53CF-4887-9E99-2927DA7E9B33 (resized).jpeg4C56227E-53CF-4887-9E99-2927DA7E9B33 (resized).jpeg
#11407 1 year ago

The tongue needs to be retracted far enough into the mouth such that the ball is pushed off the permanent magnet. If the tongue switch’s actuator arm isn’t adjusted right that can cause an issue. I’d initially suggest running calibrate as this maybe all you need to do. If you need to get to the switch, you need to remove the 2 Phillips’s screws (one on either side of the Xeno head) to remove the head.

#11408 1 year ago

OK will get a video of it now and post shortly.

Actually, I have never posted video before. How do I do that as the only option I see is for images.

#11409 1 year ago

Actually, I have never posted video before. How do I do that as the only option I see is for images.

Put it up on YouTube and then post the link here

#11410 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Ok let's see if this works.

Should it sound like this?

#11411 1 year ago

Yes that’s normal. I think that one of the reasons why it makes noise is that the tongue’s teeth (which are on the bottom edge of the tongue) are sliding over the plastic guide/shute. So I see no way of addressing this without a complete mech redesign.

#11412 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Yes that’s normal. I think that one of the reasons why it makes noise is that the tongue’s teeth (which are on the bottom edge of the tongue) are sliding over the plastic guide/shute. So I see no way of addressing this without a complete mech redesign.

I cannot thank you for the quick assistance as I am ok with this if it normal!! Now all that is left is learning how to up the flipper power as well as addressing the ambush ball not dropping off the magnet Toung. Which happens 1 out of 3 times so may be that switch. I will look at it later.

#11413 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Mine got here yesterday. It's one issue after another nearly every game. Pretty disappointing as the previous owner said it was running without issue.

Hey buddy , I’d start by checking all connections as it seems these do not like traveling .Odds are it was ok prior something came loose .

#11414 1 year ago

I cannot thank you for the quick assistance as I am ok with this if it normal!! Now all that is left is learning how to up the flipper power as well as addressing the ambush ball not dropping off the magnet Toung. Which happens 1 out of 3 times so may be that switch. I will look at it later.

I’m not by my pin but find coil adjustments .

#11415 1 year ago

My Alien plays perfectly. The only issue is the center kick out sometimes shoots it straight down between flippers. The playfield is dark so I have to have overhead lights on to see what is going on.

#11416 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Hey buddy , I’d start by checking all connections as it seems these do not like traveling .Odds are it was ok prior something came loose .

It's playing much better this morning.

Probs just needed to sit overnight for the gas to settle.

Only issue i've had in half a dozen games this morning is the ball not dropping off the tongue sometimes and i've seen a few ways to address that skimming through the thread.

It's pretty, it's clunky, there's some weirdo shots that my hands have to learn, but i like it a lot so far. I don't find it floaty, and it's actually pretty quick at times, that little backwards return to the right flipper catches me off guard sometimes.

Got some scores to chase, HS is 296m and i haven't got over 40 yet.

#11417 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Only issue i've had in half a dozen games this morning is the ball not dropping off the tongue sometimes and i've seen a few ways to address that skimming through the thread.
It's pretty, it's clunky, there's some weirdo shots that my hands have to learn, but i like it a lot so far. I don't find it floaty, and it's actually pretty quick at times, that little backwards return to the right flipper catches me off guard sometimes.

This pin needs to be pitched pretty high imo .I’ve played it at multiple angles and pretty much have it all the way up in back now .Maybe 1/2 inch of thread showing .Make sure your spinners sit correctly .applejuice has a mod for the chestburster lane .Some like it , some don’t .I installed it and it corrected that drop to the upper flipper and I really don’t think I miss all that much as far as the pops go so Im keeping it in .Either way the hypersleep shot likes a spanking , just like the LZ hot shot side ramp .The slap works much better I believe .I purchased this thinking I would sell/trade it after a few months because I have 1 spot for rotating games (other 3 are keepers ) but now I’m in trouble as we love this game .This pin was made for the home environment .Alien really took me by surprise it’s one of 5 favorite games and the honeymoon period is long over

#11418 1 year ago

Seems steep enough, there's a lock nut and then about 6mm of thread showing, all down in the front.

I looked on the playfield, but i don't know what chestburster or hypersleep is still.

Spinners are all good.

#11419 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Now that I think of it , I remember the ball getting stuck in its mouth , wouldn’t drop it .It was magnetized balls .You need particular balls for this pin , I believe it’s the carbon ones needed. I use them for Metallica ,Alien and now a godzilla .IMDN is fine with the non carbon .

#11420 1 year ago

Yepp, aware of that as i have plenty of machines with magnets and keep both balls handy (snigger) but maybe it is one magnetised. I'll check them next time i have the glass off.

And thanks for the tips, it's appreciated.

#11421 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That would be this bundle of joy
[quoted image]

Is this mod still avail and easy to install or crazy? I have an sv.

#11422 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Is this apron mod still avail and easy to install or crazy? I have an sv.

#11423 1 year ago

Question is it pretty normal when you hit the last shot for Ambush multiball for the magnet to not capture the bass. It seems that it happens a few times now. I assume this is normal.

#11424 1 year ago

Question is it pretty normal when you hit the last shot for Ambush multiball for the magnet to not capture the bass. It seems that it happens a few times now. I assume this is normal.

Mine catches like 75% of the time.

#11425 1 year ago

Should I up the magnet strength if need be? Also, what strength do they have there upper right flipper at?

#11426 1 year ago

That sounds normal to me or at least like mine

#11427 1 year ago

OK been playing a lot of aliens since getting it home and just ran into an odd ball challenge...

When I hit all APC targets then shoot side ramp it tells me I have to hit the APC targets to lock ball even though they are all down. It appears the APC drop targets are not registering when being hit. Any thoughts?

#11428 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Is this mod still avail and easy to install or crazy? I have an sv.

Are you taking about the apron or the chestburster mod ?

#11429 1 year ago

OK been playing a lot of aliens since getting it home and just ran into an odd ball challenge...
When I hit all APC targets then shoot side ramp it tells me I have to hit the APC targets to lock ball even though they are all down. It appears the APC drop targets are not registering when being hit. Any thoughts?

OK went to switch test and the optos for the APC drop targets are not registering. Thoughts? I lifted the PF, and nothing looks out of place. It was working the first few games.

#11430 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Are you taking about the apron or the chestburster mod ?

Apron but what’s the chestburster lane mod do?

#11431 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Yepp, aware of that as i have plenty of machines with magnets and keep both balls handy (snigger) but maybe it is one magnetised. I'll check them next time i have the glass off.
And thanks for the tips, it's appreciated.

Chestburster is the target up by the upper right flipper .Where the magnet catches the ball and drops for the side ramp shot (hypersleep) .The hypersleep MB is key to big scores imo .That white 3D print replaces what PBs had in there ,they look similar to each other it’s just the shape .Basically it helps the ball roll along the rail steady for a clean shot .Some say you lose a lot of bumper action there as the original was more open .I’d say you lose a little but I like the trade off .I can always throw the other back in if I want .

D5284BA2-E287-4D45-B6EB-3BD163439C82 (resized).jpegD5284BA2-E287-4D45-B6EB-3BD163439C82 (resized).jpeg
#11432 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Apron but what’s the chestburster lane mod do?

They might be running more of the apron I’m not sure .There was someone selling they’re spit recently .There’s a thread for it .”Pinball Brothers Alien apron and lighting mod “.

#11433 1 year ago

OK went to switch test and the optos for the APC drop targets are not registering. Thoughts? I lifted the PF, and nothing looks out of place. It was working the first few games.

There is a cable going to the circuit board that detects the drops. Can you make sure it's connected? Look halfway down on the right in this image at the black board: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-brothers-alien-standard/gallery

#11434 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

There is a cable going to the circuit board that detects the drops. Can you make sure it's connected? Look halfway down on the right in this image at the black board: https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/pinball-brothers-alien-standard/gallery

Yes, sir they plugged in as I unplugged both ends and plugged them back in, however still nothing. So odd as they were just working two games ago Any other thoughts?

#11435 1 year ago

Yes, sir they plugged in as I unplugged both ends and plugged them back in, however still nothing. So odd as they were just working two games ago Any other thoughts?

Did you change anything in settings ?

#11436 1 year ago

I changed the flipper strength and magnet strength but that's all. I will look through settings and if I have to factory reset it.

#11437 1 year ago

nothing in settings as went through every single one of them. Hmmmm, so close to working 100%

#11438 1 year ago

Which hyper sleep chamber mod is this that came on my LV? It doesn’t look like the MezelMods one. It doesn’t light up and I’m not sure where the previous owner of the game got it. Is this the best one and how can I light it up?

567D9FC6-9350-4A45-B078-D5CCD87E7506 (resized).jpeg567D9FC6-9350-4A45-B078-D5CCD87E7506 (resized).jpeg
#11439 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Which hyper sleep chamber mod is this that came on my LV? It doesn’t look like the MezelMods one. It doesn’t light up and I’m not sure where the previous owner of the game got it. Is this the best one and how can I light it up?
[quoted image]

That is the best one .It’s from Mageek and it does not light up .

#11440 1 year ago

nothing in settings as went through every single one of them. Hmmmm, so close to working 100%

Yeah that’s the first I heard of that .

#11441 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

That is the best one .It’s from Mageek and it does not light up .

Thanks, I'll keep this one then. Just need to replace that misprinted W logo and I guess this version doesn't light up. I'm OK with that

#11442 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah that’s the first I heard if that .

I put a ticket into PB as outside of that my Alien plays fantastic.

#11443 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

[quoted image]

I did not include lighting but it can easily be lit. I left a space under the bed for a light strip and a slot in the other piece to allow the wire to move up and down freely. I had originally included lighting based on my early run game but design changes since removed the connector I originally used to power it.

Those flipper stiffeners are a throw in, and yes I definitely recommend them if you haven’t changed the flipper switches to something stiffer

Edit: BTW remove the transfer paper (clear plastic) from the W on the sleep pod

#11444 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I did not include lighting but it can easily be lit. I left a space under the bed for a light strip and a slot in the other piece to allow the wire to move up and down freely. I had originally included lighting based on my early run game but design changes since removed the connector I originally used to power it.
Those flipper stiffeners are a throw in, and yes I definitely recommend them if you haven’t changed the flipper switches to something stiffer

Thanks Mageek, the sleep chamber mod looks fantastic as is, no need to light it up! I just need to find a new W logo sticker as the one on there has red lines through it. Is there a link or video with instructions to install those flipper stiffeners anywhere? I just brought this awesome game in from the garage after making some space and can't wait to start modding it!

#11445 1 year ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Thanks Mageek, the sleep chamber mod looks fantastic as is, no need to light it up! I just need to find a new W logo sticker as the one on there has red lines through it. Is there a link or video with instructions to install those flipper stiffeners anywhere? I just brought this awesome game in from the garage after making some space and can't wait to start modding it!

Check the edit on the post above yours. Protective film.

#11446 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

Check the edit on the post above yours. Protective film.

LOL, I should have figured that one out, ha ha. Thanks! This game is phenomenal...this one is never leaving

#11447 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Chestburster is the target up by the upper right flipper .Where the magnet catches the ball and drops for the side ramp shot (hypersleep) .The hypersleep MB is key to big scores imo .That white 3D print replaces what PBs had in there ,they look similar to each other it’s just the shape .Basically it helps the ball roll along the rail steady for a clean shot .Some say you lose a lot of bumper action there as the original was more open .I’d say you lose a little but I like the trade off .I can always throw the other back in if I want .[quoted image]

Interesting. I recently sprayed my game down with wizards mist n shine and I nail the hypersleep a lot. Not sure i need the mod.

#11448 1 year ago

Hi guys, I'm renting this game for the next couple of months, it's got a few issues. The owner has opened a ticket but I'm hoping they're problems others have had.

First: the airlock monitor only works for the power up sequence, then goes black. Games and attract mode - nothing.
Second: the C drop target doesn't work and is constantly in the down position.
Third: the right upper flipper doesn't spring all the way back to EOS (it does eventually)
Fourth: The start button is super sticky (as in stuck in so it needs to be kinda knocked out to trigger it)

I think that's about it, I've only had a couple of games. Any ideas?

#11449 1 year ago
Quoted from timbo74:

Hi guys, I'm renting this game for the next couple of months, it's got a few issues. The owner has opened a ticket but I'm hoping they're problems others have had.
First: the airlock monitor only works for the power up sequence, then goes black. Games and attract mode - nothing.
Third: the right upper flipper doesn't spring all the way back to EOS (it does eventually)
Fourth: The start button is super sticky (as in stuck in so it needs to be kinda knocked out to trigger it)

Third is flipper return spring. Mine have broken a few times already.

#11450 1 year ago
Quoted from timbo74:

The small monitor issue could be a loose HDMI cable. Start with the one in the back box. Remove and reseat it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/229 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.