2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 372.
#11301 1 year ago

Update on my fixes:

Tongue magnet falling off a bunch - used lock-tite threadlocker on the screw that wasn’t really catching onto anything. Waiting for it to cure currently before testing. Hopefully that takes care of it.

Spinner rejects - did some bending and I got to stay upright. Haven’t tested it yet with balls but by hand it isn’t going into the rejection position after adjusting.

Loose xeno target - took out target. screws were just loose. Fixed.1

Balls magnetized - had 2 out of 6 balls that were chromed out and not carbon that were prob screwing with the game. Switched them out.

Pop bumpers not registering enough - just realized I forgot to do this fix when I was in there. lol

Can’t wait to play this epic game more dialed in.

#11302 1 year ago

Anyone recommend a wide body invisible glass for decent price? Thinking about adding it to my sv. Thx!

#11303 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

This game is solid. You want cheaply made buy a Stern! Cheap as they get and a total rip off now. Alien is a good quality game. I have over 600 games on my LV. It’s pretty much the only game I play now. The game traveled along way to get To the US. Once you work out the bugs, the game is absolutely awesome. A lot of fun to play and the quality is above any of the games being manufactured today? American pinball is a close second in quality!

I think dutchpinball would beg to differ. I have games from every manufacturer and my TBL is hands down the most solidly built machine top to bottom. The playfield glass feels more substantial!! Lol!

#11304 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Issues are starting to mount. Checked the fuses and they’re all good. Looked at the board and Q28 looks suspect. All connectors are tight and I even swapped out the fuses with new ones to be sure.
I’m in touch with PB so hopefully they can help. Game is only a few days old.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Update on this. Received a new component box from PB and everything seems better.

#11305 1 year ago

How often is the chestburster magnet supposed to catch? It kinda seems random and inconsistent, is there a method here that I’m missing?

#11306 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

How often is the chestburster magnet supposed to catch? It kinda seems random and inconsistent, is there a method here that I’m missing?

It's not random. It depends on what you've scored, hit, achieved, etc.

#11307 1 year ago

Damn this buggy game! Vsn 3.0
During a multiball session after a playing a number of games the sound went off and the machine stopped responding during the game. Very annoying as this was a good and high scoring game (for me).
I have sent PB the debug file.

#11308 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Anyone recommend a wide body invisible glass for decent price? Thinking about adding it to my sv. Thx!

No

#11309 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Update on my fixes:
Tongue magnet falling off a bunch - used lock-tite threadlocker on the screw that wasn’t really catching onto anything. Waiting for it to cure currently before testing. Hopefully that takes care of it.
Spinner rejects - did some bending and I got to stay upright. Haven’t tested it yet with balls but by hand it isn’t going into the rejection position after adjusting.
Loose xeno target - took out target. screws were just loose. Fixed.1
Balls magnetized - had 2 out of 6 balls that were chromed out and not carbon that were prob screwing with the game. Switched them out.
Pop bumpers not registering enough - just realized I forgot to do this fix when I was in there. lol
Can’t wait to play this epic game more dialed in.

How do you know (2) balls were magnetised?

#11310 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yea but there’s no code for it currently right?

Right

#11311 1 year ago

Had the ball get caught in the Alien mouth a few times during tournament play last night. Looked like the magnet was not letting go. Is there a standard adjustment to stop this from happening other than weakening the magnet strength?

#11312 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Had the ball get caught in the Alien mouth a few times during tournament play last night. Looked like the magnet was not letting go. Is there a standard adjustment to stop this from happening other than weakening the magnet strength?

The tongue is a permanent magnet and the ball gets released by getting pulled off when the tongue retracts into the head through a smaller than pinball sized hole. Try the “Calibrate” in the Xenomorph Test menu. if that doesn’t fix it you will need to remove the head and adjust the tongue switch.

#11313 1 year ago

Can someone shoot me a picture of where the 2nd monitor plugs in under the pf?

I disconnected mine and forgot to note the location. I installed a PF protector last night

The power cord is wire tied to the HDMI cable going up into the PF. It tied up a couple loops and then goes to a board.

TIA

#11314 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Does anyone know exactly which AR glass is on the LV? Is it one of the brands already out there or is it PB's own version? I've only ever owned PDI and this glass is a pain (comparativly) to get\keep clean.

Quoted from DropGems:

I got some Voodoo glass from FlipperFreak (Nitro Pinball). Shipping can be a downer.

On another note, remember a post about adding a washer to the through. Was this to add angle to help with losing track of ball during mutliballs. & if so, remember the post? Looking for “instructions”/the posts.

#11315 1 year ago
Quoted from Sc1f1:

Can someone shoot me a picture of where the 2nd monitor plugs in under the pf?
I disconnected mine and forgot to note the location. I installed a PF protector last night
The power cord is wire tied to the HDMI cable going up into the PF. It tied up a couple loops and then goes to a board.
TIA

Here you go , posted this earlier. It’s in the very back left corner and is easier to plug in from the top with the playfield pulled out.

https://imgproxy.pinside.com/D9wHM369szdI3JjJecI3oMPZxTsrUFVK-qF7ICvBpNE/rs:fit:2048:2048/q:70/aHR0cHM6Ly9vLnBpbnNpZGUuY29tL2IvMTgvODIvYjE4ODJhYTRmMjQwZjg2ZDQxNzg3NGNlOTgwMTg3ZTcxMWJkODAwMC5qcGVn

#11316 1 year ago

Hey all - quick one - anyone successfully improve , or reduce the scoop 'bounce out'? It seems to be occurring more so as of late. Thx

#11317 1 year ago

If you check out the HEP thread he's got a few different approaches on his recent IJ restorations.

Screenshot_20221119-171546_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221119-171546_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221119-171550_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221119-171550_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221119_163818 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221119_163818 (resized).jpg
#11319 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

This might be stupid but do you keep the diode on?

Go for the double stack switches so you are ready for when the game supports it.

#11320 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

Not a diode, it's a ceramic capacitor, and no you should remove it.

#11321 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Not a diode, it's a ceramic capacitor, and no you should remove it.

I'm dumb. Thank you so much. Did yall have to get new screws? They don't seem long enough for these switches. If so, what did you get or what did you do

#11322 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I'm dumb. Thank you so much. Did yall have to get new screws? They don't seem long enough for these switches. If so, what did you get or what did you do

Speaking from my own experience, I replaced the flipper leaf switches on my LV with the Stern double stack ones from Pinball Life and used the existing screws just fine.

Can't speak for SV, though.

#11323 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

During a multiball session after a playing a number of games the sound went off and the machine stopped responding during the game. Very annoying as this was a good and high scoring game (for me).

This happened to me like twice on ver 3.0

#11324 1 year ago
Quoted from c818919taylor:

I got some Voodoo glass from FlipperFreak (Nitro Pinball). Shipping can be a downer.

Jesus man, you weren’t kidding with that shipping….

#11325 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

the capacitor on these leaf switches is not needed. This is direct guidance from Pbros-

#11326 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Jesus man, you weren’t kidding with that shipping….

cointaker has voodoo glass with standard flat rate shipping of 35 bucks. at least that is what the website says.

#11327 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

cointaker has voodoo glass with standard flat rate shipping of 35 bucks. at least that is what the website says.

Good looks!

#11328 1 year ago
Quoted from benime:

Speaking from my own experience, I replaced the flipper leaf switches on my LV with the Stern double stack ones from Pinball Life and used the existing screws just fine.
Can't speak for SV, though.

SV screws will work as well.

#11330 1 year ago

Don't get my alien till this weekend, but i'll be putting Halo's on it at some stage i'm sure. Such a fantastic product.

#11331 1 year ago

Just in case someone sees it in the future. The stock screws for the flipper switch weren't long enough for the Stern switch. The stock screw was only 1". I ended up going to Home Depot and getting #6 x 1-1/4" Slotted Hex Head Screw. This is perfect and everything runs smoothly! Sooo much better!

#11332 1 year ago

My new side blade came in today and after install the game looks incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#11333 1 year ago

Does The LV come with HD glass?

#11334 1 year ago
Quoted from Optimiser:

My sound keeps cutting out as well on 3.0 as well as lock ups mid game.

#11335 1 year ago
Quoted from Derekk:Does The LV come with HD glass?

The LV comes with Anti Reflective glass.

#11336 1 year ago

I've read through a few of the tongue switch issues where it won't retract far enough to force release the ball from the tongue due to a misadjusted switch. I went into test mode and did the calibrate and also removed the upper head and checked the switch by hand and it is o.k. and seems adjusted properly. What I'm seeing is that the geared rod seems to seize up just before it reaches the point where the switch should slide into the valley. I think it's a mechanical issue. I'm going dismount the entire mech and get a better look tomorrow when my eyes are a little fresher, but wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with the tongue rod binding toward the end of travel going back into xeno's head. It seems to extend just fine, although I also noticed the rod seems to dip downward a tad as it extends outward (but I think it may have always done this), almost like there is some slack/play in the superior/inferior plane of the rod somewhere.

Thanks!
Yopp

#11337 1 year ago

I've had nightmares about that xeno tongue mech... Seriously the noise it makes at startup when it calibrates itself is like nails down a chalkboard.

#11338 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

I've read through a few of the tongue switch issues where it won't retract far enough to force release the ball from the tongue due to a misadjusted switch. I went into test mode and did the calibrate and also removed the upper head and checked the switch by hand and it is o.k. and seems adjusted properly. What I'm seeing is that the geared rod seems to seize up just before it reaches the point where the switch should slide into the valley. I think it's a mechanical issue. I'm going dismount the entire mech and get a better look tomorrow when my eyes are a little fresher, but wanted to see if anyone else has had issues with the tongue rod binding toward the end of travel going back into xeno's head. It seems to extend just fine, although I also noticed the rod seems to dip downward a tad as it extends outward (but I think it may have always done this), almost like there is some slack/play in the superior/inferior plane of the rod somewhere.
Thanks!
Yopp

there is a hex type nut on the gear itself to lock the gear to motor... in earlier threads there was a post about ensuring that this nut is tight on flat part of shaft . Slippage can cause this issue. Since you are taking it apart, dont forget to check this out.

#11339 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I've had nightmares about that xeno tongue mech... Seriously the noise it makes at startup when it calibrates itself is like nails down a chalkboard.

I predicted having problems with the Xeno tongue before I bought the machine, but that is one thing that has been rock-solid stable for me for 1 1/2 years so far. Baggerman is giving good advice to double-check that hex nut.

#11340 1 year ago
Quoted from dyopp21:

Thanks!
Yopp

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Quoted from Baggerman:

there is a hex type nut on the gear itself to lock the gear to motor... in earlier threads there was a post about ensuring that this nut is tight on flat part of shaft . Slippage can cause this issue. Since you are taking it apart, dont forget to check this out.

I had the same issues and removed the mech to investigate. That screw on mine was correctly located and the switch seemed to be functioning and located correctly. What I did find out was the metal bracket pictured below was remarkably loose. After tightening the noise from my xeno mech is maybe half and eliminated the problem as well.
2BC590CF-3847-4CE4-BA48-FECE2E3C01D6 (resized).png2BC590CF-3847-4CE4-BA48-FECE2E3C01D6 (resized).png

#11341 1 year ago

Will Bally/Williams mirror blades fit? Looking at the ones from Tilt Graphics.

#11342 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Will Bally/Williams mirror blades fit? Looking at the ones from Tilt Graphics.

I put Stern mirror blades in mine. They fit nicely.

#11343 1 year ago

Stern are a better match but still not perfect

#11344 1 year ago

Alien replacment plastic sets were active today on https://www.free-play.se/en/game-specific-parts/pinball-brothers/alien/?twsList-articles=g-articleNumber-a-48-2

Snagged a set, gettum while you can.

#11346 1 year ago

I like it when fellow hobbyists discover a problem and take the time to “show their work” by documenting it for others who may experience the same. I’m trying to return the favor back to the universe.
I figured out that the set screw on the geared wheel for the stepper motor had slipped out of the notch. That caused the wheel to move to the point it was grinding against the tongue housing (double arrows). It was binding up the works I think! I moved the wheel over some and re-set the screw. I’m about to put it all back together so I’ll know pretty quick if that was it. I’m also taking this opportunity to replace that rubber (lower left) that was about to break. Stay tuned!

EDIT: That fixed it. In fact it's smoother now that it was out of the box. I think it's been slightly off from day one, but the slippage exacerbated it to the point of binding up.
AA51E4E3-47D9-40BC-A580-32D5139A53B1 (resized).jpegAA51E4E3-47D9-40BC-A580-32D5139A53B1 (resized).jpeg

#11347 1 year ago

Awesome thanks for sharing! Also just FYI if you are replacing that rubber it can wear again pretty quickly as its a high impact area - so some of us (can't remember who suggested it first) have reinforced it a little by cutting sections from a post sleeve and putting them above/below the rubber (see pic).

20221201_095749 (resized).jpg20221201_095749 (resized).jpg
#11348 1 year ago

Just played first game with pop bumpers actually registering more than 1 out of 20 hits. Uhh totally destroyed the game. default settings… Save newt, all out war then halfway through to final wizard mode again. Played for like 45 mins. Kinda sad. Feel like I conquered the game. What else is there to see? Is more code coming? Might have to change settings to harder.

Love the game and might be my fav game yet.

#11349 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Just played first game with pop bumpers actually registering more than 1 out of 20 hits. Uhh totally destroyed the game. default settings… Save newt, all out war then halfway through to final wizard mode again. Played for like 45 mins. Kinda sad. Feel like I conquered the game. What else is there to see? Is more code coming? Might have to change settings to harder.
Love the game and might be my fav game yet.

Teach me your skills. I have yet to get all out war. Alien conquers me constantly.

#11350 1 year ago

Code updates are always welcome, but not sure what else they could add really... 10 modes and 5 multiballs including mini wizards is more than most games would have anyway. This game can be an absolute ass kicker, but I reckon it's the one game in my line up where I can progress quite far more consistently. As opposed to games like IMDN where I aaaaaalmost get to the end, then proceed to have 10 games in a row where I don't even manage to complete one mode.

Perhaps they could add a little bit more incidental stuff when you are in open play (ie, not locked into a mode or MB), but that's about it, and there is already rescue, lifecycles, collecting weapons, completing drop ship, destroying eggs etc... Hmmmm listing it out, it really does seem pretty complete.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, SC
7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,570 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/227?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.