100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 377.
#10851 1 year ago

Similar for me, except replace Tron with IMDN prem

Quoted from kciaccio:

The only 4 Sterns I would ever consider buying is Jurassic Park, Elvira HOH,Stranger Things and Tron VE. The rest is location play only for me.

#10852 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Similar for me, except replace Tron with IMDN prem

Iron was on my list for awhile, not sure I could do a music pin.

#10853 1 year ago

I hate music pins personally. But this game f’n rules. One of the best ever. My prem was the only pin I’ve ever regretted selling and I’ve dumped a lot of top 20’s

Quoted from kciaccio:

Iron was on my list for awhile, not sure I could do a music pin.

#10854 1 year ago

Small round magnet that screws into the tip of the extension of the Xenomorph -- that extends out to grab the ball and start multi-ball -- has come off.

Please, how/where in the audit menu can I test the feature, so that the extension sticks out of the Xenomorph mech allowing me to screw it back on.

Apologize in advance if the answer is obvious.

#10855 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think there were a lot of troll votes on the SV voting... There's no way the SV is a full point below the LV.
I do like the LV, but there are some ways that I think the SV is better... such as lighting. I think the LV is way too bright. The darker look of the SV is way more appealing to me.

I actually have the lv nearly a point under the sv in my ratings, purely based on what you get for the money and the art, trim and light choices. My ratings don't go to the top 100 though.....I think that whole list is a bit skewed...maybe 70% accurate at most.
I rated Stranger things similarly.

#10856 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Small round magnet that screws into the tip of the extension of the Xenomorph -- that extends out to grab the ball and start multi-ball -- has come off.
Please, how/where in the audit menu can I test the feature, so that the extension sticks out of the Xenomorph mech allowing me to screw it back on.
Apologize in advance if the answer is obvious.

Dan,

In Tests I believe(sorry at work) you should be able to test the xenomorph mech. I couldn't get the tongue to stay out while the machine was on, so switched off the power when extended to work on it.

#10857 1 year ago

Looking for some help .I finally got a rain day and am off my regular job ,so it’s “Alien” day and finally getting to all the installs ,code updates etc .I’m installing rings now and was looking for advice how to get the wire form off @ the plunge .I removed the nuts underneath but do not want to force anything .So how do I get the leads out of the hitch in the playfield ?

8B297DFD-08DC-4793-BBD1-74121CA80411 (resized).jpeg8B297DFD-08DC-4793-BBD1-74121CA80411 (resized).jpegDD508F30-27BD-4107-8C62-6EEE40DCB8BA (resized).jpegDD508F30-27BD-4107-8C62-6EEE40DCB8BA (resized).jpeg

#10858 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And yet it is the only good offering of Stern in what…two years? They are slipping hard if you ask me. I enjoy GZ but I’m having more fun with wildly different games none of which are Sterns.

I like Stranger Things better than Godzilla. I think Godzilla is a very good game but tend to agree that it is overrated relative to the hype.

#10859 1 year ago

I own a lot of sterns and have an Ailen LV being shipped to me. How do you add an external power supply to this pin as I do not want to draw from any boards do to the sensitive nature of this game?

#10860 1 year ago
Quoted from Derekk:

I own a lot of sterns and have an Ailen LV being shipped to me. How do you add an external power supply to this pin as I do not want to draw from any boards do to the sensitive nature of this game?

#10861 1 year ago

I am having an intermittent issue with the plunger solenoid. Most of the time it sends the ball into play easily, then at times it can barely get the ball half-way up the ramp and I need to shut off the game for it constantly repeats the weak plunge. I tried swapping the coil with another and the problem still exists. I check continuity all the way back to the board and everything seems tight and a solid connection. It will also suddenly just start working strong again without any intervention. Is this something anyone else has seen? Thought I would ask here before I sent in a ticket with PB.

#10862 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking for some help .I finally got a rain day and am off my regular job ,so it’s “Alien” day and finally getting to all the installs ,code updates etc .I’m installing rings now and was looking for advice how to get the wire form off @ the plunge .I removed the nuts underneath but do not want to force anything .So how do I get the leads out of the hitch in the playfield ?
[quoted image][quoted image]

loosen the screws at the top, maybe even remove then a little gentle pressure from below. Go easy as these have shit welds... when tightening, do not overtighten to avoid extra stress on wireform.

#10863 1 year ago

This is an absolutely brilliant game, no question - and it's nice to see it get a little reputation boost being at #1 because it deserves a lot more credit than it gets. I don't think I've ever been so surprised by how good a game is - I really didn't expect it to shoot so damn good and come together so well as a package... Is it objectively better than some of my other games? I honestly don't know, Maiden, DP, Elvira, R&M really do take some beating - but the theme and the way its been implemented is incredible.

Same goes for Halloween - it's literally like playing through the movie. These games are really raising the bar for theme integration, and I've been really enjoying the change of pace/style from my Stern games. Good times...

#10864 1 year ago

Having Halloween and Alien next to eachother is like chefs kiss! SDTM just gave an in-depth review of HWN today and it’s was far more positive than I had expected. Here’s the score card. Anyone thinking about getting it should just do it. It’s rad!

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

This is an absolutely brilliant game, no question - and it's nice to see it get a little reputation boost being at #1 because it deserves a lot more credit than it gets. I don't think I've ever been so surprised by how good a game is - I really didn't expect it to shoot so damn good and come together so well as a package... Is it objectively better than some of my other games? I honestly don't know, Maiden, DP, Elvira, R&M really do take some beating - but the theme and the way its been implemented is incredible.
Same goes for Halloween - it's literally like playing through the movie. These games are really raising the bar for theme integration, and I've been really enjoying the change of pace/style from my Stern games. Good times...

31C737DC-D9CF-4FA6-B105-5CD63D1BEAAF (resized).png31C737DC-D9CF-4FA6-B105-5CD63D1BEAAF (resized).png
#10865 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

it's nice to see it get a little reputation boost being at #1 because it deserves a lot more credit than it gets.

It won't last. Just like clockwork, the trolls are already trying to shoot it down. It may not be your cup of tea, but few (if any) modern pins deserve a 2. To me, that's a pin that's so awful that it's hardly worth a glance.

pasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image1 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png
#10866 1 year ago

People on this site spend way too much time fretting over a very pointless numbers game. Its design is inherently flawed, but it's just there for fun. It isn't going to raise the price of your game, and it isn't going to justify your purchase. Just play your game and enjoy. :p

#10867 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

It won't last. Just like clockwork, the trolls are already trying to shoot it down. It may not be your cup of tea, but few (if any) modern pins deserve a 2. To me, that's a pin that's so awful that it's hardly worth a glance.
[quoted image][quoted image]

So, someone took the time out of their "busy" day to rate the game a 2, just hours after the Pinside 100 was released. Simply because they decided they would have a happier life if Alien were ranked a lot lower. So awesome. I love this game, but also love Pinside for this kind of entertainment.

#10868 1 year ago

Thank You

#10869 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

So, someone took the time out of their "busy" day to rate the game a 2, just hours after the Pinside 100 was released. Simply because they decided they would have a happier life if Alien were ranked a lot lower. So awesome. I love this game, but also love Pinside for this kind of entertainment.

If he owns it it is a 10 if not it is 3 or worse..They should not even let guys like this rate games..

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/sandeep/ratings

snee (resized).JPGsnee (resized).JPG
#10870 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

If he owns it it is a 10 if not it is 3 or worse..They should not even let guys like this rate games..
https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/sandeep/ratings[quoted image]

And POTC CE. A museum piece. Also a “1.0”

If he buys a game does it’s rating go up?

Love it.

#10871 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

And POTC CE. A museum piece. Also a “1.0”
If he buys a game does it’s rating go up?
Love it.

I mean, I don't care for POTC, so while his method is wrong, I don't disagree with his assessment, regardless of what people think it is

#10872 1 year ago

Yeah a sudden rush to pull it down is truly pathetic, but sadly inevitable.

Doesn't affect my enjoyment of the game in any way shape or form, but it's still annoying no matter what that some people feel the need to do this kind of thing.

#10873 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I mean, I don't care for POTC, so while his method is wrong, I don't disagree with his assessment, regardless of what people think it is

I think JJPPOTC is a masterpiece, but that's OK for us to disagree regarding its grandeur. But surely you can't feel it's such dog shit that it deserves a 1? That means the game has zero redeeming qualities. It's terrible at every measurable level.

#10874 1 year ago

The Pinside Top 100 rating system has always been fundamentally flawed, and it certainly doesn't help when users abuse the system.

Thankfully, it also doesn't matter. The fact that Alien has that high ranking, for however briefly it might be before the review-bombers take over, tells the truth that the game brings joy to lots of people. Many thanks to everyone who has supported the crazy journey of this pin -- we are so happy that you love the game!

#10875 1 year ago

That was a great move by PBs bringing a line of Aliens to play at Expo.I could tell that pinheads were awakening to this pin while at they’re booth .This pin is as good as it gets imo.I firmly have this in my top 5 ,most likely #3 behind IMDN and MET. I took advantage of a rainy day and installed the apron ,Chestbuster mod , tracker mod and a set of Titans mixed light blue/translucent and even though not finished quite yet ,I’m loving how it’s looking .I have to install 3.0 ,install a splitter and lights for trans ,then I’ll get to work on my topper idea .I’ll throw the kitchen sink at Alien as it’s going nowhere It’s the first pin me and my boys are all on the same page with as far as the fun factor goes .We couldn’t be any happier with this purchase and most importantly , only a couple very small ,quick fix issues .It’s played great from day 1.

DEAAD823-0FCD-4F23-BD0A-144D95844095 (resized).jpegDEAAD823-0FCD-4F23-BD0A-144D95844095 (resized).jpegF864159C-3DB7-4781-949C-F620201EB785 (resized).jpegF864159C-3DB7-4781-949C-F620201EB785 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10876 1 year ago

Where can you get the coin door mod from?

#10877 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Can someone post a picture of how they tapped the light for the coin door mod?
[quoted image]

Quoted from javagrind888:

Can someone post a picture of how they tapped the light for the coin door mod?
[quoted image]

Where can you get the coin door mod from?

#10878 1 year ago

I've had LV-154 for just a few weeks now and have noticed that my jumping slingshot facehuggers don't seem to jump anymore. I looked under the playfield and am unable to locate anything to adjust. I did notice that the stock bands feel pretty cheap. Are the slingshot facehuggers not jumping because of the weak bands?

#10879 1 year ago

Anyone have a guess at how many standard version games have been produced yet? I've registered mine at the Pinball Serial Number Database, but the scheme that PB uses is hard to decipher. If you have a chance, it would be great if all of ya'll register your machines at https://ipsnd.net/view.aspx?id=6757

#10880 1 year ago

C’mon Pinside! This isn’t even a picture of the Alien LV. This is a Heighway version, and one of the worst shots LCD screenshots IMO. I know HW version is within the group, but the version ranked as #1 should be in the shot.
293DEC3C-900F-4085-AB02-BAF59BBBCFD1 (resized).png293DEC3C-900F-4085-AB02-BAF59BBBCFD1 (resized).png

#10881 1 year ago

#10882 1 year ago
Quoted from SuperMica:

I've had LV-154 for just a few weeks now and have noticed that my jumping slingshot facehuggers don't seem to jump anymore. I looked under the playfield and am unable to locate anything to adjust. I did notice that the stock bands feel pretty cheap. Are the slingshot facehuggers not jumping because of the weak bands?

The issue is likely going to be either the leaf switches or the coil wires. Make sure the leaf switches are making contact when the ball hits the slingshot and make sure neither of the coil wires have detached.

#10883 1 year ago

Having trouble on start up straight out of the box. Power on and this is the screen I get. None of the other buttons work and can’t do anything else. Any suggestions?

3C710A92-753E-4023-88B2-7BAF243D884C (resized).jpeg3C710A92-753E-4023-88B2-7BAF243D884C (resized).jpeg
#10884 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

Having trouble on start up straight out of the box. Power on and this is the screen I get. None of the other buttons work and can’t do anything else. Any suggestions?
[quoted image]

Open a ticket with PB. They will fix you up.

#10885 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

[quoted image]

Check all your connections, something might have come loose in shipping.

#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from estrader:

[quoted image]

Take a look at your fuses

#10887 1 year ago

Hello LE owners! How is everyone finding the build quality and reliability with the new LEs? I’m considering one and I’ve heard many early bugs were worked out and build quality is good. Is that accurate? Thanks!

#10888 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Hello LE owners! How is everyone finding the build quality and reliability with the new LEs? I’m considering one and I’ve heard many early bugs were worked out and build quality is good. Is that accurate? Thanks!

Love my LV. Almost 300 plays and has been rock solid!!!

#10889 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Top 3 pin of all for me .Love it and very little issues almost zero .

#10890 1 year ago

Yep a few issues initially out of the box with connectors wiggling loose but that's about it. My LV has been (and still is) awesome.

#10891 1 year ago

Not had a single issue with my LV and it was part of the first batch. It will never leave.

#10892 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Have had my LV for 6 months and it's playing great. Haven't had any electrical issues, just a few minor mechanical ones initially (broken flipper spring, drop target issue and an adjustment on the hypersleep U bend)

Cabinet is rock solid and the build quality is as good (if not better) than other manufacturers. I feel that the thickness of the steel used in the mech brackets is a bit thin (compared to my B/W machines), yet it's holding up to the rigors of being played just fine. PB have continued to improve their product, with newer versions of the PCBs and some mechs, as well as updates to the code base, predominantly addressing issues seen by owners (rather than game enhancement).

#10893 1 year ago

Does anyone know if Pinball Bros has the ability to add any callouts or assets from the movies at this point? One line that I haven't heard yet that made me laugh from Aliens that seems to be missing is Bill Paxton's line: "Maybe you haven't been keeping up on current events but we just got our asses kicked pal."

I think this line could be used in a lot of places in the game but particularly after a failed Bug Hunt or Queen's Nest mode. It would also work well following a quick or poor Ambush multiball. Aa great as this game is, I feel there were some movie assets and lines that could have been coded and included to make it even better.

If anyone has a line to Pinball Bros game coders, could you pass this callout request up the line?

#10894 1 year ago

Getting a NIB SV delivered tomorrow. I have read a few posts about what to check before playing, etc. and I will certainly do those things. However, those posts are over a year old at this point. Has anyone recently received an SV that could share their unboxing experience?

#10895 1 year ago

madamyates have your torx drivers and loctite handy.

#10896 1 year ago

I’m in for an SE. delivery in 20 days or so. Can anyone tell me what size metric nut drivers, torx screwdrivers and metric Allen wrenches I should purchase?

I’d rather not buy complete sets of I don’t have to. So just the 3 or 4 best sizes

#10897 1 year ago

How do update code? I am on old code 2.2d. New code requires UPD and my old code is UF2.

#10898 1 year ago
Quoted from madamyates:

Getting a NIB SV delivered tomorrow. I have read a few posts about what to check before playing, etc. and I will certainly do those things. However, those posts are over a year old at this point. Has anyone recently received an SV that could share their unboxing experience?

Man, I’m really tempted to order a new SV. Interested to hear about your experience.

#10899 1 year ago

Is there a way to set the attract mode sounds to be less frequent? I want them on..but not like…once every two minutes haha.

#10900 1 year ago

Can anyone tell me what exactly is the chestbuster mod?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
There are 18,836 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/218 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.