100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 377.
#10801 1 year ago

Drag, anyone make plastic protectors for this game? I’m not sure a standard washer would cover it.

Quoted from AD72:

Mine did that on the left. No replacement under warranty for that. They are trying to get single plastics available for purchase though.

#10802 1 year ago

It would be nice if those LV lighted side blades were also for sale as an upgrade.

#10803 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

seeing the Linux commands on the screen. My thoughts are that the resolution to the screen is corrupt.
So I did a full reload of 2.8 and no good as the problem persists.

I know this seems low tech but sometimes it's just a bad hdmi cable. Replace with a known working one. Also I drop a dab of hot glue on usb, fuses, and hdmi connectors on all the control boxes. Worked great for all my weird bugs. I'm solid with 2.2 image and 3.0 code.

#10804 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Drag, anyone make plastic protectors for this game? I’m not sure a standard washer would cover it.

Supposedly, a company out of Germany makes real nice protectors called "Convolux". I ordered some months ago and yet to receive them though. Freddy's Pinball Parts I believe is the name of the company.

#10805 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Colywobbles makes them in clear an a couple other colors

#10806 1 year ago

Right on, thanks for that. I need them like…yesterday though haha.

Quoted from Drebay:

Supposedly, a company out of Germany makes real nice protectors called "Convolux". I ordered some months ago and yet to receive them though. Freddy's Pinball Parts I believe is the name of the company.

Awesome, thank you. I’ll shoot them a msg

Quoted from chubtoad13:

Colywobbles makes them in clear an a couple other colors

#10807 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Bummmmmer, on the DAY I was about to bring the game to my location. Does PB replace this like this under warranty?
[quoted image]

I had a plastic break. They sent me a new one. I was one of the first 50 games made so they were very very generous to me, I also brought it to Houston Pinball Expo last year to show off which they appreciated.

I put plastic protectors on right away after that first break.

#10808 1 year ago

Just go buy some plastic repair tape.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10809 1 year ago

I’ll do you one better.

On ‘Today in hacks: Pinhead edition’

Lol…color matched to boot!

Quoted from brado426:

Just go buy some plastic repair tape.
[quoted image]

0C263E4D-4B35-4076-B919-EC5B26E29670 (resized).jpeg0C263E4D-4B35-4076-B919-EC5B26E29670 (resized).jpeg1177DEF3-91B1-4A17-96AB-B9E4FA39A5DD (resized).jpeg1177DEF3-91B1-4A17-96AB-B9E4FA39A5DD (resized).jpeg9C35B8D7-1C1B-42C1-B0AD-2AD398406261 (resized).jpeg9C35B8D7-1C1B-42C1-B0AD-2AD398406261 (resized).jpegBF4F22E7-99EA-4D59-81AC-250A2A50B8A2 (resized).jpegBF4F22E7-99EA-4D59-81AC-250A2A50B8A2 (resized).jpeg

It actually almooost looks cool haha

#10810 1 year ago

Nice!

#10811 1 year ago

Anyone know who is making the green plastic protectors for the SV? I have seen pics but can't seem to find a store selling them.

#10812 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

Anyone know who is making the green plastic protectors for the SV? I have seen pics but can't seem to find a store selling them.

I was just looking around too. I see a site selling clear ones (https://www.playfield-protectors.net/products/alien-limited-edition-2021-pinball-brothers-plastic-protectors), but I could've sworn I saw green in someone's video.

#10813 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

I was just looking around too. I see a site selling clear ones (https://www.playfield-protectors.net/products/alien-limited-edition-2021-pinball-brothers-plastic-protectors), but I could've sworn I saw green in someone's video.

Colywobbles is your guy

#10814 1 year ago

Question for LV owners, Has PB fixed the issue with the Shaker Motor going full blast at startup ?

#10815 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Question for LV owners, Has PB fixed the issue with the Shaker Motor going full blast at startup ?

No

#10816 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I didn't know that was an issue...just normal for this machine.

#10817 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I didn't know that was an issue...just normal for this machine.

It's a bit jarring - also the main display not coming up...is anyone not experiencing this issue? Its quite frustrating. I thought I was getting better results by shortening the time to turn back on to 1 second after all the lights go off...but took me 4 reboots, so that LOUD shaker each time...I did get it to come on after waiting about 10 seconds between the last power cycle... If this is a 'every game' issue, I wonder if the Queen pin will have the same issue

#10818 1 year ago

I am still good on 2.4.I want my game to work and don’t care of my stand ups light.when bros get it sorted I will update.

#10819 1 year ago

I am considering joining the Alien club by buying a year old machine. The pin I am after however has a problem - the monitor on the playfield, I mean in the back of the pinball machine (it reads something like "Loading dock, outer door" on this monitor) does sometimes not come up when starting the pinball machine and then one has to reboot the pin and after that it works ok. I tried to make searches, but could not find a solution for this. Is there a solution for it, what kind of problem is this to fix? Thanks for any info!

#10820 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I am considering joining the Alien club by buying a year old machine. The pin I am after however has a problem - the monitor on the playfield, I mean in the back of the pinball machine (it reads something like "Loading dock, outer door" on this monitor) does sometimes not come up when starting the pinball machine and then one has to reboot the pin and after that it works ok. I tried to make searches, but could not find a solution for this. Is there a solution for it, what kind of problem is this to fix? Thanks for any info!

I’m dealing with something similar now

#10821 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

Read a few posts back, guys... this sounds similar to what we were just talking about.

#10822 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

That's not good to hear... I thought this is something for which there is a solution already...

#10823 1 year ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Mine was made in January 2021 and I had that issue when I set it up. Because the HDMI goes from the cab to the head it can be pulled partly out. I reseated the cable at both ends and it went away.

#10824 1 year ago

Only need 3 more ratings for the LV to get it on the map. Let’s get this game up there in the rankings where it belongs.

3 more!!

#10825 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Only need 3 more ratings for LV to get it in the map. Let’s get this game up there in the rankings where it belongs.
3 more!!

2 more

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10826 1 year ago

Now just 1 left! Any LV owners that haven’t rated the game yet, please do.

#10827 1 year ago

ok I rated it, but realized I haven't rated any other games yet - so it told me I have to rate 6 others...I'll do that soon

#10828 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Read a few posts back, guys... this sounds similar to what we were just talking about.

If youre a new game owner, read through the whole thread if at all possible... Many of these issues are being brought up in this thread multiple times. Granted some them still dont have 100% reliable answer but, they are known and fixable.. example;

Main screen not coming up - if the HDMI cable between the main screen and the Small screen is loose, the main screen can start black**) It is likely the connection at the small screen input that comes loose from game action... use tape to 'pull' it closed. If you dont see any indication of the 2nd screen working it could be a deeper issue worth opening a ticket with support, but if the screen is intermittent, try a method to 'hold' the connector in the socket (think a bad cell phone charger..) Im sure doing this would help you.

**This can also apply to flickering screens, small screen showing up on main screen, etc. Screen-related issues

Plastic protectors in the glow colour; (or any colour Im sure) Colywobbles is your guy - just about to order myself a set

Also Pinball Bros has replacement plastics for sale just a google away or check their website I believe they made a post linking to their official store

#10829 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Granted some them still dont have 100% reliable answer but, they are known and fixable.. example;
Main screen not coming up - if the HDMI cable between the main screen and the Small screen is loose, the main screen can start black**) It is likely the connection at the small screen input that comes loose from game action... use tape to 'pull' it closed.

Wow...first I'm hearing this suggestion, I will check..because last I heard from PB support they were aware of this issue...and mentioned they were looking into it but didn't have a solution yet. (This was in june of this year). So folks are having 1 time on boot successes with the main display coming on?

#10830 1 year ago

Does the LV have dual stage flippers and do they have different speakers? Just looking into the differences of the LV and SV.

#10831 1 year ago

We got 30 ratings so this will be included in next week top 100.

#10832 1 year ago

Anyone have an idea on when the last shipment of games came in? Has it been a few months?

I am about to pull the trigger for a game in the next batch but hoping enough time has passed since the last shipment for them to address some of the quality control issues

#10833 1 year ago

A quick google search may also reveal that they are out of stock, they don’t carry individual plastics and that the entire set costs 246AUD before shipping. That’s a hard nut to swallow for a single .5 in broken piece of plastic.

Quoted from mitchzizzle:

If youre a new game owner, read through the whole thread if at all possible... Many of these issues are being brought up in this thread multiple times. Granted some them still dont have 100% reliable answer but, they are known and fixable.. example;
Main screen not coming up - if the HDMI cable between the main screen and the Small screen is loose, the main screen can start black**) It is likely the connection at the small screen input that comes loose from game action... use tape to 'pull' it closed. If you dont see any indication of the 2nd screen working it could be a deeper issue worth opening a ticket with support, but if the screen is intermittent, try a method to 'hold' the connector in the socket (think a bad cell phone charger..) Im sure doing this would help you.
**This can also apply to flickering screens, small screen showing up on main screen, etc. Screen-related issues
Plastic protectors in the glow colour; (or any colour Im sure) Colywobbles is your guy - just about to order myself a set
Also Pinball Bros has replacement plastics for sale just a google away or check their website I believe they made a post linking to their official store

A184C087-7937-4963-8AC7-1C2F53855B3E (resized).pngA184C087-7937-4963-8AC7-1C2F53855B3E (resized).png
#10834 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

A quick google search may also reveal that they are out of stock, they don’t carry individual plastics and that the entire set costs 246AUD before shipping. That’s a hard nut to swallow for a single .5 in broken piece of plastic.
[quoted image]

THey have been out of stock for months.... as soon as website went live, Hieghway owners scarfed up the plasitics i imagine since they are compatible.
i have been emailing the support desk every 2 weeks or so... no idea when they are going to be back in stock.

#10835 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

[quoted image]

That website is not in AUD (ie Australian dollar), that’s Euro … so it’s even more expensive than maybe you first realised.

#10836 1 year ago

Mpddvdpin I can try and help you out here. Will send you a pm...

Alien translites - ok my costs have gone up yet again and on the last run 3 people never replied or followed through after ordering. So I'm pretty much done this time as it is a massive effort to get it all organised packed and shipped and believe me its almost a not for profit exercise. To give you an idea 14 sets covered my own....so yeah it's not something I want to keep doing.

I have 4 sets on hand, LV blue green style front, 2 Queens and 2 Aliens with tail rear panels. Think this will be it as the costs are blowing out too much and I am not keen on upfronting costs to be not replied to anymore. Send me a pm if you want one of the last 4. Thanks to everyone who got a set and all the comments...really appreciate it when an idea works well.

I mod alot of my machines and will be doing more custom stuff for other games and always happy to share my mods up to a certain point, but its just for fun for me.
Cheers
Kurt

#10837 1 year ago

Man, that's a shame. They look amazing and I hoped to get one some day. You did great, and thanks for being willing to share your talent. If it's not been profitable money wise I hope you can hang your hat on making a bunch of these games look that much better and the joy of the hobby you shared.

Sorry for being mushy. It's been a day.

#10838 1 year ago

So I think I figured out how to lock steal on the hypersleep lock. When 2 players have balls locked, there will be 2 balls in the lock. I discovered by giving the machine a good shove backwards you can bounce the second ball back and assuming the player had already locked a ball there it will detect a second ball and start hypersleep. Stacking this with a mode and adding sentry gun mb means huge points

#10839 1 year ago

Alien LV top 100 number 1

#10840 1 year ago

Took down GZ for #1! The pinball landscape is really shifting here. As Stern puts out lesser games for more money the competitors are creeping up from behind! Great to see!

F5F5B222-7EF0-48E5-BD53-6408D172288A (resized).pngF5F5B222-7EF0-48E5-BD53-6408D172288A (resized).png
#10841 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

So I think I figured out how to lock steal on the hypersleep lock. When 2 players have balls locked, there will be 2 balls in the lock. I discovered by giving the machine a good shove backwards you can bounce the second ball back and assuming the player had already locked a ball there it will detect a second ball and start hypersleep. Stacking this with a mode and adding sentry gun mb means huge points

I think you need to adjust your tilt homie

Also for the PB reading this thread please add this to the list of code issues to work on but put it at the end. Like the very end. Please fix the one where the game stops responding to switch inputs and needs rebooted first.

#10842 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Took down GZ for #1! The pinball landscape is really shifting here. As Stern puts out lesser games for more money the competitors are creeping up from behind! Great to see![quoted image]

So is the alleged Pinside mod/expert that rated Alien SV a 7.3 going to revise their rating? That one has always rubbed me the wrong way given what a great game it is. Not saying it needs to be rated a 10 but I digress.

#10843 1 year ago

Doesnt look like his review matters now haha

Quoted from Utesichiban:

So is the alleged Pinside mod/expert that rated Alien SV a 7.3 going to revise their rating? That one has always rubbed me the wrong way given what a great game it is. Not saying it needs to be rated a 10 but I digress.

#10844 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Doesnt look like his review matters now haha

I think there were a lot of troll votes on the SV voting... There's no way the SV is a full point below the LV.

I do like the LV, but there are some ways that I think the SV is better... such as lighting. I think the LV is way too bright. The darker look of the SV is way more appealing to me.

#10845 1 year ago

The Stern shills looove to neg other manufacturers games publicly. It’s almost as if there are benefits to doing this. Looking at you podcasters, LE flippers etc etc

Quoted from brado426:

I think there were a lot of troll votes on the SV voting... There's no way the SV is a full point below the LV.
I do like the LV, but there are some ways that I think the SV is better... such as lighting. I think the LV is way too bright. The darker look of the SV is way more appealing to me.

#10846 1 year ago

We did it, we beat the system......hahahaha

No really this is just a great game! Not bad for a human

#10847 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I think the early glitches and problems affected the SV's rating. More recent ratings are more in line with the caliber of game it is IMO.

#10848 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Took down GZ for #1! The pinball landscape is really shifting here. As Stern puts out lesser games for more money the competitors are creeping up from behind! Great to see![quoted image]

Godzilla is way overrated.

#10849 1 year ago

And yet it is the only good offering of Stern in what…two years? They are slipping hard if you ask me. I enjoy GZ but I’m having more fun with wildly different games none of which are Sterns.

Quoted from kciaccio:

Godzilla is way overrated.

#10850 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

And yet it is the only good offering of Stern in what…two years? They are slipping hard if you ask me. I enjoy GZ but I’m having more fun with wildly different games none of which are Sterns.

The only 4 Sterns I would ever consider buying is Jurassic Park, Elvira HOH,Stranger Things and Tron VE. The rest is location play only for me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
There are 18,841 posts in this topic. You are on page 217 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/217 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.