Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 376.
#10301 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

What’s your eject power set apt? I think mines at -10%

I’m on 2.8. My eject power is +20%. That’s the only change I needed to make to the coils on that rev. I had a lot of coils changed on previous code updates

#10302 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The only thing not coded about the weapons targets is the leds in them. They are used by Combat Drop to board the marines, they are used as a skill shot to get weapons, they are used for a multitude of things to increase points value etc.
You should take a few minutes to read this very enlightening rules book
https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/media/pages/pdfs/anleitungen/Rulesheet_Alien_V1_0.pdf

Thanks Kevin .

#10303 1 year ago

Is this good? It felt pretty good. But I’ve only had the game for two days.

2E7554F3-19F2-4F74-B353-99E095EC9EA9 (resized).jpeg2E7554F3-19F2-4F74-B353-99E095EC9EA9 (resized).jpeg
#10304 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is this good? It felt pretty good. But I’ve only had the game for two days.
[quoted image]

290m is pretty solid. That’s be my #3 score but my #1 is insane!

#10305 1 year ago

Who designed this? I thought it was Nordsman for some reason the entire time lol. It’s not though right?

#10306 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I’m on 2.8. My eject power is +20%. That’s the only change I needed to make to the coils on that rev. I had a lot of coils changed on previous code updates

Changing the eject power will not prevent rhe issue from happening, if the game sense 5 balls in the trough and one on the shooter switch it will no shoot the second ball.. if it has shot a second ball it still thinks there is an extra ball in the trough. You probably need to make one of the teough adjustments mentionned in this thread to make sure balls 'move down' quickly and arent getting stuck

#10307 1 year ago

I just joined the club today and set the game up (new in box). Some of the lights for the standup targets that run off of various node boards are out. The lights work because we removed them from the current spot and put them into a known good connection and they turned on. So it leads me to believe the connection on the node boards are bad in certain places. Has anyone else experienced this?

99810E8D-F3EC-4523-AC56-4CA738BCA029 (resized).jpeg99810E8D-F3EC-4523-AC56-4CA738BCA029 (resized).jpegD2204603-B251-4E61-AFFB-BD916CE3D85B (resized).jpegD2204603-B251-4E61-AFFB-BD916CE3D85B (resized).jpegF79A09EF-1FEC-45EB-912F-660D3276A424 (resized).jpegF79A09EF-1FEC-45EB-912F-660D3276A424 (resized).jpeg

#10308 1 year ago
Quoted from splitcms:

I just joined the club today and set the game up (new in box). Some of the lights for the standup targets that run off of various node boards are out. The lights work because we removed them from the current spot and put them into a known good connection and they turned on. So it leads me to believe the connection on the node boards are bad in certain places. Has anyone else experienced this?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The smaller targets do not have programming and should be left disconnected. The larger targets should be lit.

#10309 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

The smaller targets do not have programming and should be left disconnected. The larger targets should be lit.

Thank you

#10310 1 year ago

Just had the Xeno jaw start jittering like mad after hot multiball stack. I Powered the game down and it’s fine now. Just wondering what may have caused this. When I restarted I believe a ball was launched from airlock. Looked like a stuck on coil / servo (not sure what’s actually back there) or maybe there was a ball stuck in the head mech which was dropped when the power was cut?

#10311 1 year ago

LV with new translite, looks great. Easy to swap them. Keeps the game fresh. Thanks KJS.

20221002_230305 (resized).jpg20221002_230305 (resized).jpg20221002_230649 (resized).jpg20221002_230649 (resized).jpg

#10312 1 year ago

How did you light yours? Looks great

Quoted from PeterG:

LV with new translite, looks great. Easy to swap them. Keeps the game fresh. Thanks KJS.
[quoted image][quoted image]

#10313 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Changing the eject power will not prevent rhe issue from happening, if the game sense 5 balls in the trough and one on the shooter switch it will no shoot the second ball.. if it has shot a second ball it still thinks there is an extra ball in the trough. You probably need to make one of the teough adjustments mentionned in this thread to make sure balls 'move down' quickly and arent getting stuck

It’s more so if the game doesn’t eject a ball properly then accidentally ejects two because one is on top of the other and now two balls are in the shooter lane

#10314 1 year ago

It’s more so if the game doesn’t eject a ball properly then accidentally ejects two because one is on top of the other and now two balls are in the shooter lane

Some nice but non-carbon core balls tend to magnetize quite quickly in this game I've noticed. I'm sure you've done this, but exchanging for new balls would be the first thing to check/try. Secondly, make sure that your trough plunger is at its lowest position, adjusted by four screws at that mech under the playfield. As has been seen in many cases, the tip of that trough plunger can poke into the trough and disorganize the normal stacking of the balls within that trough.

These are some good balls to use in this game. Just a suggestion:

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#10315 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

How did you light yours? Looks great

I always put a powerstrip in my machine, connect it after the switch so it turns on when you turn on the machine. I now put in powerstrips with USB ports to light all 5V mods. That keeps things clean and independent from the power of the machine. I just bought a cheap LED strip with color controller. And attached it to the side of the whole backbox, also below to light up the artwork on the backglass. Easy to do, great effect.

#10316 1 year ago

Nice! I’ll do just that. Thanks!

Quoted from PeterG:

I always put a powerstrip in my machine, connect it after the switch so it turns on when you turn on the machine. I now put in powerstrips with USB ports to light all 5V mods. That keeps things clean and independent from the power of the machine. I just bought a cheap LED strip with color controller. And attached it to the side of the whole backbox, also below to light up the artwork on the backglass. Easy to do, great effect.

#10317 1 year ago

Sharing this with the group.

If you replace your flipper leaf switches with the https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-single-contact.html you will need to remove the capacitor as that small charge can cause wierd issues with flipper response on this game.

#10318 1 year ago

Is there a service outlet in the game? I’m not seeing it.

Quoted from PeterG:

#10319 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

NO

#10320 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Service outlet can be added easily if needed.

00EA4B60-A904-436B-9C54-6F9C2A407453 (resized).jpeg00EA4B60-A904-436B-9C54-6F9C2A407453 (resized).jpeg
#10321 1 year ago

Is there a reason that no one is using power from the unused 12v connector on the board itself to power leds for the translite mod?

https://mezelmods.com/products/alien-pb-pinball-power-adapter

#10322 1 year ago

Anyone ever had an issue during ambush multiball where it doesn't recognize there are 2 balls in play? So one drains and then the play ends as it doesn't realize you have another left?

#10323 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Is there a reason that no one is using power from the unused 12v connector on the board itself to power leds for the translite mod?

If you have a LV the port is used for the side blades. Mezel Mods is working on a solution.

#10324 1 year ago

I'm going to order new flipper buttons with springs in them. Does anyone know if 1 1/8 is correct?

#10325 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I am using that power adapter now to supply 5 volt to some mods and have some of their backboard LED strips that utilize the 12 volt coming at me soon that I plan to use for the translite area.

#10326 1 year ago
Quoted from galactic_foxes:

Anyone ever had an issue during ambush multiball where it doesn't recognize there are 2 balls in play? So one drains and then the play ends as it doesn't realize you have another left?

Yep. Trough magnetization issues

#10327 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

I just do not like drawing power from the machine. I like my mods independent. Do this not only on Alien but also my Stern machines. Just do not want mods to cause any issues. Adding a seperate power strip in each machine is some work but in the end for me the way to go.

#10328 1 year ago
Quoted from galactic_foxes:

Yup, definitely happened one time to me as well when the balls had magnetized.
However, the last time that happened to me I ultimately realized the coil plunger in the ball trough was sitting a touch too high into the trough and therefore the balls were not sitting appropriately in the trough and therefore the opto board was miscounting them. Fixed by dropping the coil mech down to it's lowest position by loosening those 4 screws it's held by and readjusting downward. So far, have been good since.

#10329 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I'm really wondering when they are going to fix this (hopefully not IF). How hard is it to add a few lights to the code?

#10330 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I'm really wondering when they are going to fix this (hopefully not IF). How hard is it to add a few lights to the code?

I have it on good authority that these target LEDs will do something in 3.0!

#10331 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

That's super awesome to hear!

#10332 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

That will be nice. And also will hopefully stop the questions about the disconnected cables.

#10333 1 year ago
Quoted from AD72:

And also will hopefully stop the questions about the disconnected cables.

For that reason alone! hahahaha

#10334 1 year ago

Is the ring set the same for the LV as the Standard ? I’m in the middle of ordering titans for another pin and wanted to add in a set for our Alien .Also does anyone have pictures of light blue rings on they’re LV installed ?

#10335 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is the ring set the same for the LV as the Standard ? I’m in the middle of ordering titans for another pin and wanted to add in a set for our Alien .Also does anyone have pictures of light blue rings on they’re LV installed ?

They will be exactly the same.

#10336 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Be mindful that you need 2 3/8 ID rings for the adjustable outlane posts(under the elevated returns).. they are not listed on the PBROS documentation page. DOnt want to see you run short when ordering.

#10337 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

The cables don’t come with them I’m assuming since I haven’t looked they’re on the PB website for purchase?

#10338 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Be mindful that you need 2 3/8 ID rings for the adjustable outlane posts(under the elevated returns).. they are not listed on the PBROS documentation page. DOnt want to see you run short when ordering.

Thank you

#10339 1 year ago

You guys are such a tease Everytime I see a bunch of posts in this thread I think I means 3.0 was released.

#10340 1 year ago

The cables don’t come with them I’m assuming since I haven’t looked they’re on the PB website for purchase?

What do you mean.

What is being waited on is simply the lighting up of the small targets on the LV's. They are already cabled.

#10341 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Is the ring set the same for the LV as the Standard ? I’m in the middle of ordering titans for another pin and wanted to add in a set for our Alien. Also does anyone have pictures of light blue rings on they’re LV installed ?

Not to shill, but I added a set to the Titan database that has both the rubber additions over the course of this thread and @Baggerman's corrections incorporated:

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5771

Speaking of rubber, what are ya'll going with colorwise as you buy replacements? I'm about to order a couple sets of pinballs from Titan, figured I might as well grab a spare rubber set for my incoming LV while I'm at it. May go all translucent.

#10342 1 year ago

Ya I went translucent.

#10343 1 year ago

I decided to play "one more game" at lunch today. Had to blow off a meeting because whoops, what a game. That f'ing hypersleep lock ramp is too hard to hit! If I could've gotten it more than once... ALL OUT WAR!

Got Ambush & Sentry three times each. I think I screwed myself out of a Hypersleep collect weapon use by hitting the start button too fast trying to start Ambush before a ball drained.

Definitely have a love/hate with this game. It's a ball buster.

Screen Shot 2022-10-04 at 5.08.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-04 at 5.08.43 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-04 at 5.09.01 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-04 at 5.09.01 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-04 at 5.09.12 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-10-04 at 5.09.12 PM (resized).png
#10344 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

What do you mean.
What is being waited on is simply the lighting up of the small targets on the LV's. They are already cabled.

Oh maybe I didn’t don’t see them. I wasn’t really looking for the cables I just remember they weren’t plugged in and remembered that they shouldn’t be plugged in yet as they’re not coded for yet. I probably should have another look to see if the cables are there

#10345 1 year ago

Oh maybe I didn’t don’t see them. I wasn’t really looking for the cables I just remember they weren’t plugged in and remembered that they shouldn’t be plugged in yet as they’re not coded for yet. I probably should have another look to see if the cables are there

I believe...those were just unused pigtails and that the actual connector used is already plugged in, but since they don't have the lights coded, I'm not 100% on that. I don't know if they've ever clarified if that pigtail is needed or not.

#10346 1 year ago

Thinking of getting on the next production run. Can anyone confirm the width of the backbox? The website says it's just under 28" (similar to Stern)

If it's anything more than that I can't get it thru my doorway with the head still attached

#10347 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Thinking of getting on the next production run. Can anyone confirm the width of the backbox? The website says it's just under 28" (similar to Stern)
If it's anything more than that I can't get it thru my doorway with the head still attached

Having a small doorway myself I can verify it fit through a door that early williams backboxes will not. I thought I saw in this thread it was 27"

Update: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/22#post-6333007

#10348 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

27.5" wide just measured my unit.

#10349 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

700mm
https://www.pinballbrothers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Unpacking_instruction_01_Dim.pdf

#10350 1 year ago

Barely fits into a 2014 Subaru. I had to remove the deck over the spare tire.

1987DF98-F96B-4775-B8A1-4FDA511A4741 (resized).jpeg1987DF98-F96B-4775-B8A1-4FDA511A4741 (resized).jpegB2948898-7E43-4BF2-8D7E-45FF65B61C2E (resized).jpegB2948898-7E43-4BF2-8D7E-45FF65B61C2E (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 160.00
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.