100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 377.
#10251 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Does anyone have any insight as to when 2.9 will be released?

Last I heard from Andrea, the new code would be 3.0 and was expected to release this week.

#10252 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Me too! Alien day
Sure
Happy
It's
Thursday!

So now we will have a SV and LV at GSPF

#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Me too! Alien day
Sure
Happy
It's
Thursday!

Ugh transport delay.

#10254 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I lowered the coil power 30% to that eject and it did the trick for me

Lowering the coil power worked for me as well.

#10255 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I lowered the coil power 30% to that eject and it did the trick for me

I’ll give it a try, thanks!

#10256 1 year ago

I am having issues with my main display on my SV not going to the blue screen at startup. It takes 3-4 restarts to get it to come on. The code screen comes up and the PB logo comes up but then black screen. Game plays with screen blacked out and the small display above the airlock works currently. It seems to be getting worse and I fear it will become permanent!

Anyone else having the issue/have a solution for it?

#10257 1 year ago

Contact support first thing. Then reseating all your cables.

#10258 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Alternately I’ll sometimes see that I can hit an orbit and sometimes it will funnel the shot to the bumpers, and then half the time it rolls to the flipper. Not sure when it locks it up into bumpers instead of looping,

Inlane switch -> opposing orbit (e.g. left inlane -> right orbit) should catch the ball in the bumpers and give you 5X pop bumper scoring... I believe the orbit arrow briefly flashes green for this, and the bumpers show up differently in lighting and/or on-screen status. (Sorry, I'm blanking on the details right now, but that's the gist of it.)

#10259 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

I'm having the same issue on my LV. screen powers on properly about only 20% of the time. sorry I don't have a solution, but have submitted a ticket with PB. I'll share any advice they send back my way.

#10260 1 year ago

Ferret when the Xeno arrow insert (directly below the magnet) is yellow what is it indicating? I didn't think I was in a mode (but could be wrong) - I'm still learning the intricacies of the gameplay

#10261 1 year ago

Is it the final life cycle target?

#10262 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Is it the final life cycle target?

Sorry meant the arrow insert directly below the Xeno magnet

#10263 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

Inlane switch -> opposing orbit (e.g. left inlane -> right orbit) should catch the ball in the bumpers and give you 5X pop bumper scoring... I believe the orbit arrow briefly flashes green for this, and the bumpers show up differently in lighting and/or on-screen status. (Sorry, I'm blanking on the details right now, but that's the gist of it.)

I think also once you've dropped APC targets the orbits will start to divert into the pops even without an opposing inlane -> orbit shot? Or am I imagining that....?

#10264 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Ferret when the Xeno arrow insert (directly below the magnet) is yellow what is it indicating? I didn't think I was in a mode (but could be wrong) - I'm still learning the intricacies of the gameplay

I believe yellow is Rescue Frenzy, which is an underexposed game feature. Complete the A-P-C drops to start Rescue, then quickly shoot the Xeno to lock in the Rescue Frenzy switch value. At that point, all switches add the Rescue Frenzy value to a pot which is collected by completing the A-P-C drops again (any order). Xeno hits add time.

I think.

Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I think also once you've dropped APC targets the orbits will start to divert into the pops even without an opposing inlane -> orbit shot? Or am I imagining that....?

Yes, any time something good is lit on the upper ramp -- like Hypersleep lock, which is qualified from the A-P-C drops -- orbit shots should divert to the top lanes to increase the chance of the ball feeding to the upper right flipper for that ramp shot.

#10265 1 year ago

9hr round trip from Providence RI to Barrington NJ (that’s very impressive timing *pats self on back*) …

…and now I’m in the cluuuuuub. This game is a real ass kicker and wildly different from any other pin I’ve ever played. Right up my alley! Now…practice.

D1482277-4CBE-49EE-890F-CF76DAE080C5 (resized).jpegD1482277-4CBE-49EE-890F-CF76DAE080C5 (resized).jpeg
#10266 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

I am having issues with my main display on my SV not going to the blue screen at startup. It takes 3-4 restarts to get it to come on. The code screen comes up and the PB logo comes up but then black screen. Game plays with screen blacked out and the small display above the airlock works currently. It seems to be getting worse and I fear it will become permanent!

This is a known issue. I do not know if they are working on a fix for it, but yes, rebooting a few times resolves it.

#10267 1 year ago

Now I need to figure out the weak ass flippers. I think I saw something on this thread about making the button action better PXL_20220930_000456296.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_000456296.MP (resized).jpg

To be clear I don't blame the seller. This game is in excellent condition

#10268 1 year ago

I am absolutely in love with this game. My dad and I put his fish tank lights in our ceiling and here is a before and after. Now I need the glow in the dark rubbers(from titan?) Upper right flipper needs some more power to it, and the drop targets are a tad bit slow to move down when hit, but super happy with this purchase, pictures do no justice with the blue/black light

20220929_205544 (resized).jpg20220929_205544 (resized).jpg20220929_205556 (resized).jpg20220929_205556 (resized).jpg20220929_233534 (resized).jpg20220929_233534 (resized).jpg20220929_233537 (resized).jpg20220929_233537 (resized).jpg

#10269 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

My LV was doing that out of box like 1/8 times .Then as time went on it was 1/5 , 1/3 , and now works everytime and the funny thing is ,I have not updated from 2.7 yet .Any ideas on this ? Fwiw I just have not had the time lately .Now that I’m thinking about it , I can’t remember the last time the Zeno missed . Im a huge fan of these modes and mb’s .I like how the Drop Ship’s and Life Cycle’s are used and am just learning the rest but was wondering what’s going on with the targets? I heard recently that they mostly were not coded in yet .Is this correct ? I know some light and it seems to be tied in with mode shots .I hear the sounds but am not sure what’s going on .Any help will be appreciated .I hope this don’t come across in a bad way but I would love to see some side tasks and more content in between modes/mb’s.”Polish” is the term Im looking for .Me , my Wife ,and 2 teenage boys enjoy this game “together” more than any other pin we’ve had minus our first ,WOZRR , although the later wore off quick with the boys and Alien feels new every night we plunge .I just think a little “push” with code would push Alien across the finish line and cement it with the all time greats If it’s done ,nothing changes as it’s the most immersive pin We’ve owned .Last thing , get one of these trans when he makes more ! Pictures do not do it justice

7D0DA810-56C5-4710-812E-1F330661F5D1 (resized).jpeg7D0DA810-56C5-4710-812E-1F330661F5D1 (resized).jpegFDA88BF7-A6B5-4530-A044-1FDB4D2671FF (resized).pngFDA88BF7-A6B5-4530-A044-1FDB4D2671FF (resized).png
#10270 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

I have this also. The first screens are ok but when the planet needs to appear it is just black, the small screen is working. Full power reset solves this. Wonder if this is just a cheap HDMI cable so that the HDMI handshake is not going correct. The first images to appear will not have that issue since these are boot system images with no HDMI encryption. I used to have a beamer with that problem. Maybe I will try a new cable if things get worse.

Still running 2.7 here, waiting on 3.0

#10271 1 year ago
Quoted from Initiative:

I'm having the same issue on my LV. screen powers on properly about only 20% of the time. sorry I don't have a solution, but have submitted a ticket with PB. I'll share any advice they send back my way.

WHat version code are you on? 2.8 is current with 3.0 to release shortly. if you are on earlier code perhaps an update could address?

#10272 1 year ago

So are all these “individual” poses ? I can’t get over how cool these look in person

0D0DEC6F-2B25-44C0-9E08-242CA45B1DC2 (resized).png0D0DEC6F-2B25-44C0-9E08-242CA45B1DC2 (resized).png78ADB644-D93E-4E66-B64D-FC5603A4E203 (resized).png78ADB644-D93E-4E66-B64D-FC5603A4E203 (resized).png
#10273 1 year ago

I need to make a parts order and would like to throw in whatever flipper button leaf switches i would need to eventually get stage flipping working on my SV. Does anyone know what flipper leafs we need for that?

#10274 1 year ago

Staged flippers are not programmed in yet. Turning the feature on actually caused issues in my LV.

#10275 1 year ago

Open allBlack screen on startup My main screen is black on startup.. Check the hdmi cord that runs from the main screen -> the playfield screen. Remove the glass and reseat the cable where it plugs into the small screen. This plug 'wiggles' loose from being hit, suggestible to add a little tape to the connector to keep it in tightly.

#10276 1 year ago

Xeno shot them with a selfie stick. What a primadonna.

Quoted from Kkoss24:

So are all these “individual” poses ? I can’t get over how cool these look in person
[quoted image][quoted image]

#10277 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

WHat version code are you on?

I'm running 2.8. Heard back from PB this morning, and they confirmed what we're saying here - that its a known software issue that will be addressed in the next code update.

#10278 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

[quoted image][quoted image]

They are individual pieces. It’s like a shadow box. The front piece has a clear window in the middle.

#10279 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

.I like how the Drop Ship’s and Life Cycle’s are used and am just learning the rest but was wondering what’s going on with the targets? I heard recently that they mostly were not coded in yet .Is this correct ?

The only thing not coded about the weapons targets is the leds in them. They are used by Combat Drop to board the marines, they are used as a skill shot to get weapons, they are used for a multitude of things to increase points value etc.

You should take a few minutes to read this very enlightening rules book

https://www.flippermarkt.de/community/howto/cms/media/pages/pdfs/anleitungen/Rulesheet_Alien_V1_0.pdf

#10280 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

That is interesting. So when going for the orbit, it is better to go for the left or right ramp first to light the inlane and activate the bonus. Thanks!

#10281 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Staged flippers are not programmed in yet. Turning the feature on actually caused issues in my LV.

I know but if I’m making a parts order I would rather just throw them in the cart and have them on hand for when they are working.

#10282 1 year ago

Gotchagotchagotcha just didn't want you to get them installed and be disappointed!

#10283 1 year ago

OK made my first repairs. The left flipper is flaky. I have seen posts saying to adjust the tensioner to keep the short leaf more rigid. I go in to adjust it and the left flipper button switch lacks a tensioner arm. I'll need to get a new switch.

I also had a brutal grinding sound out of the xeno during startup. This is worse than the normal sound the xeno makes. I was putting the playfield back while the game was starting and noticed the back of the grabber hitting the back of the cabinet. I seated the playfield and noticed a large bend on the hangers and where the apron connects. I assume this is from the weight of the playfield pulling down while the machined was soldiered. I removed the hangers, Banged on them with a hammer until they straightened up a bit and reinstalled. The grinding is gone.

Here's a comparison before and after the hammer operation
2022-09-30 14.32.54 (resized).jpg2022-09-30 14.32.54 (resized).jpg

#10284 1 year ago

I also have a question about features I haven't seen in the settings and I'm afraid the answer is "they don't exist"

Nice to have: I'd love a lane change on the LV lanes. V is easy L is just pure luck.

Crucial: I need a ball save on the return from vent 2. I have it not making it through the gate and draining. The game clearly knows where the ball was.

#10285 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I also have a question about features I haven't seen in the settings and I'm afraid the answer is "they don't exist"
Nice to have: I'd love a lane change on the LV lanes. V is easy L is just pure luck.
Crucial: I need a ball save on the return from vent 2. I have it not making it through the gate and draining. The game clearly knows where the ball was.

This was explained earlier in this thread, but there is no lane changer on purpose. The LV is solely used to charge the multiplier and because of how often the ball goes up there it would make it too easy since there are only 2 lanes.

Ball not surviving from vent 2 is an issue, it should always survive that trip. Check your gate. I've never had it not make it.

#10286 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

This was explained earlier in this thread, but there is no lane changer on purpose. The LV is solely used to charge the multiplier and because of how often the ball goes up there it would make it too easy since there are only 2 lanes.

Not just only 2 lanes, but also a cap on the bonus X. (1X, 2X, 4X, 6X, 8X, 10X, 12X) (4+2+6 = 12)

#10287 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

A gentleman brought that up a week or so ago who had recently received his game and was experiencing a similar phenomena. Turns out it was assembled with his gate bracket installed backwards there. While the one-way gate was correct, with the gate bracket backwards it pushes the ball pathway further away from the inlane by a few millimeters making it difficult to get smooth transition to the inlane platform.

If this is the case, flipping that gate bracket 180°, and removing and reinstalling the one-way gate so that it opens correctly towards the inlane fixed that problem.

#10288 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

A gentleman brought that up a week or so ago who had recently received his game and was experiencing a similar phenomena.
On inspection of his game pics he posted, his gate bracket was installed backwards. The one-way gate was correct, although with the gate bracket on backwards It pushes the pathway further away from the inlane by a few millimeters and this makes it difficult for the ball to seamlessly run through that vent 2 loop and smoothly across to the right in-lane platform.
Check post #10116 (page 203 in this thread).
I would check that out and see if that's your case as well.
If so, flipping that gate bracket 180°, and removing and reinstalling the one-way gate so that it opens correctly towards the inlane fixed thar problem he was experiencing.

I will check that out. It's coming through so fast that it rebounds off the rubber and back through

#10289 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I will check that out. It's coming through so fast that it rebounds off the rubber and back through

Keep us posted.

#10290 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I bet that's the deal.
Keep us posted.

It's much better after I forced the sides out to removed the side to side slop. It was installed correctly

#10291 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

The Recharge target (just below the side ramp) will move the lit lane.

#10292 1 year ago

What do we have the auto launch % set to? I had it at -20% but if two balls eject then it won’t launch them. +20% and the ball might go through the back of the launch lane!!

#10293 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

What do we have the auto launch % set to? I had it at -20% but if two balls eject then it won’t launch them. +20% and the ball might go through the back of the launch lane!!

I have mine on -20%. Fortunately I haven’t had the issue with 2 balls in the shooter lane

#10294 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

I have mine on -20%. Fortunately I haven’t had the issue with 2 balls in the shooter lane

I think -20% is a sweet number too. Not too hard

#10295 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

i ordered a set for 10 bucks.. will see what happens and report back if i see improvement.

I recieved and installed them only on the xeno targets and i am leaning towards it helping with ball grab to be honest. It angles the top of the target forward a few degrees and that minimizes air balls.... to others points a vice and hammer on the bracket could do the same.. anyhoo.

#10296 1 year ago

Question for the group.
In the settings menu when addressing the magnet... has anyone messed with the settings for the: magnet fling pulses, magnet fling delay, magnet fling min/max, magnet toss delay or the magnet capture time?
I get ball flinging and tossing around the magnet, I think all in all the behavior around the magnet is normal in my game, just wondering if anyone has played with this and gotten interesting/cool results?
Thanks

#10297 1 year ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

There shouldnt be two balls in the shooter lane - check to make sure balls arent getting stuck in the trough, causes the game to mis-count.

#10298 1 year ago

Having 2 balls in the shooter usually happens because a ball will not make it into the shooter lane and fall back into the trough on top of another ball. Increasing the eject power solved this for me.

#10299 1 year ago

You guys probably already know about this 'Aliens Expanded' documentary, but the crowd funding ends on 3rd October if you want to pledge. I did previously, but apart from that have no other link with these fellas.

https://aliens-expanded.com
poster wotsit (resized).jpgposter wotsit (resized).jpg

#10300 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Having 2 balls in the shooter usually happens because a ball will not make it into the shooter lane and fall back into the trough on top of another ball. Increasing the eject power solved this for me.

What’s your eject power set apt? I think mines at -10%

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
There are 18,821 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/206 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.