Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,807 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 377.
#10201 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Anyone else very disappointed by the low-quality paint job of the teeth? Fortunately, it seems like it should be relatively easy to paint myself.
- Going to paint that spill-over-silver-onto-lips black, and then re-gloss, if even needed.
- Paint between-the-teeth black, or perhaps a heavy ink wash might work.
- Debating switching teeth from silver to bone white; could also use the ink/wash to darken a bit. (this would be the controversial item -- any thoughts?)
Speaking of my disappointments, I was seriously underwhelmed by the "limited apron" It's really just the dogtag?
[quoted image]

Have you seen the Godzilla figure in Godzilla?

The longer I own this pin the more I come to appreciate it. Yes it has some serious dialing in, but the ball guides that light up, the theme integration, the sound, the shot combinations, the modes. It takes a while to click, but I’m loving it. Good luck with your Xeno facelift!!

#10202 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

Anyone else very disappointed by the low-quality paint job of the teeth? Fortunately, it seems like it should be relatively easy to paint myself.
- Going to paint that spill-over-silver-onto-lips black, and then re-gloss, if even needed.
- Debating switching teeth from silver to bone white; could also use the ink/wash to darken a bit. (this would be the controversial item -- any thoughts?)
Speaking of my disappointments, I was seriously underwhelmed by the "limited apron" It's really just the dogtag?
[quoted image]

If you're thinking about removing the Xenomorph for painting, you should check out some of the badass paint jobs that have been done in the past. This link will get you started (scroll through to see some pics). But, there's more pictures/ideas in that thread than just those linked pics, so you'll need to explore some more.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread?tq=Airbrush&tu=

#10203 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

[quoted image]

I ordered up one of those mirror chrome markers and it works great to get that full on metal mouth look.. I am off to hobby shop for a fine brush and gloss black to clean this mess up a bit... I think i need another layer of resin to make it look wet.... dunno.

teeth (resized).jpgteeth (resized).jpg
#10204 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

My Xeno is working 100% but over this past week, my magnet capture/grab percentage seems to be getting progressivly worse. I upped magnet power again tonight but not sure it helped much.
Is this normal or is does my magnet have an issue?.. or do I just need to swap out the balls for Titans?

Check that your switches haven’t come loose or bent backwards, this will cause that and can also cause the jaw to bind on the switches and remain open.

#10205 1 year ago

You gotta go silver for the teefs, IMO

#10206 1 year ago

Hello friends

For all fans of the Alien LV, which I trully think once got rid off the issues is one of the best PM of all, I think you can quote the game, so that we make it enter the top on pinside !

#10207 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Have you seen the Godzilla figure in Godzilla?
The longer I own this pin the more I come to appreciate it. Yes it has some serious dialing in, but the ball guides that light up, the theme integration, the sound, the shot combinations, the modes. It takes a while to click, but I’m loving it. Good luck with your Xeno facelift!!

Totally agree, and I didn't even have much to dial in. I needed to close up the left flipper switch gap a bit, as well as the bumper leafs. Needed to adjust the angle of the flippers a bit too. But that's about it!

I'm loving it, feels wonderfully different from JJP/Stern, and makes such an AMAZING use of movie assets. I'm still dialing in the audio a bit, as it feels like bass on L/R overpowers the higher-frequencies / speaking (I tested this by entirely disconnecting the cab speaker). I'm now considering moving my Fosi 2.1 amp over from Deadpool to experiment a bit with my own tweaking.

#10208 1 year ago

Anyone capable and interested in painting this thing for use as a topper?

https://www.gamestop.com/toys-games/nerf/products/nerf-aliens-lmtd-aliens-m41a-pulse-blaster-gamestop-exclusive/306502.html?condition=New&sku=11155847.html

Saw this on an aliens fan page on Facebook - guy is based in UK - probably wouldn't pass customs, so looking for someone US based who may be interested in doing similar work for a fair price.

Also of course it would be bad ass to have the LED light integrated somehow...

custom (resized).pngcustom (resized).png

#10209 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Anyone capable and interested in painting this thing for use as a topper?
https://www.gamestop.com/toys-games/nerf/products/nerf-aliens-lmtd-aliens-m41a-pulse-blaster-gamestop-exclusive/306502.html?condition=New&sku=11155847.html
Saw this on an aliens fan page on Facebook - guy is based in UK - probably wouldn't pass customs, so looking for someone US based who may be interested in doing similar work for a fair price.
Also of course it would be bad ass to have the LED light integrated somehow...
[quoted image]

I preordered one of these almost a year ago...lol

#10210 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I preordered one of these almost a year ago...lol

yeah, looks like its finally getting released next month, I just ordered it after seeing what someone was able to make it look like - are you modding/painting it? curious how it goes

#10211 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

yeah, looks like its finally getting released next month, I just ordered it after seeing what someone was able to make it look like - are you modding/painting it? curious how it goes

Yes, I was going to use it as a topper but I don't think it will fit between my beacon lights.

#10212 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

Yes, I was going to use it as a topper but I don't think it will fit between my beacon lights.

It should clear the shorter sized beacon's on the LV, I'm thinking?

#10213 1 year ago

Tilt Bob - anyone update there's or know how to adjust? Seems like a different style than what I have on my other pins...it's also tilted coming towards the front legs - even though I thought I had my table leveled - is my only option to level against the tilt bob?

#10214 1 year ago

I'm not at my game now but most systems you can adjust the ring forward / back.

#10215 1 year ago

ohhhhh does this thing look so freaking good. It’s not fully installed yet but had to share a picture KJS did a amazing job on this. Thank you sir

4FCFF8E3-AE9F-4EC8-87AD-5D2879030A95 (resized).jpeg4FCFF8E3-AE9F-4EC8-87AD-5D2879030A95 (resized).jpeg
#10216 1 year ago
Quoted from prentice:

[quoted image]

Start by doing the black portions and then build your lighter colours on top. Post the results!!

#10217 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

ohhhhh does this thing look so freaking good. It’s not fully installed yet but had to share a picture KJS did a amazing job on this. Thank you sir
[quoted image]

This looks like a third version.

#10218 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

[quoted image]

That looks awesome.
Love the alien design in the background.

#10219 1 year ago

Who can grab me a quick head width measurement? Thanks in advance

#10220 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Who can grab me a quick head width measurement? Thanks in advance

A fraction over 27 1/2 inches tall and wide.

#10221 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Tilt Bob - anyone update there's or know how to adjust? Seems like a different style than what I have on my other pins...it's also tilted coming towards the front legs - even though I thought I had my table leveled - is my only option to level against the tilt bob?

The ring is a very flimsy piece of metal. Just bend it back until it looks level to the floor.

#10222 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This looks like a third version.

The front panel is for the LV and I asked him if he would consider doing a custom back panel for me and he said yes but it was a little more money. I'm very happy how it turned out.

#10223 1 year ago

Is Pinball Bros planning to make more SVs? Game looks great.

#10224 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

It should clear the shorter sized beacon's on the LV, I'm thinking?

I have the SV with the custom apron and bigger beacons...

#10225 1 year ago
Quoted from DeLaCruz88:

Is Pinball Bros planning to make more SVs? Game looks great.

Still available from Nitro I think they are still in production

#10226 1 year ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

I have the SV with the custom apron and bigger beacons...

Even still - there should be a way to elevate/custom position the gun so it clears - maybe even at a slight angle -

curious if anyone is interested / capable in doing a custom paint job? Here's another example I found on Facebook Aliens related group (also outside of the US)
custom 2 (resized).pngcustom 2 (resized).png

#10227 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

The ring is a very flimsy piece of metal. Just bend it back until it looks level to the floor.

Thanks - yeah sometimes the simplistic things are the biggest help...thx for the suggestion - I ended up bending/adjusting the top and bottom pieces, much more centered now...probably going to remove the tile bob entirely to learn to better address the right side drain...which Aliens has one of the more legit nudge saves I've seen in a pin

#10228 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

[quoted image]

that almost looks like a layered / 3d picture - is that the case? I really like the LV artwork, but this one looks amazing

#10229 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

that almost looks like a layered / 3d picture - is that the case? I really like the LV artwork, but this one looks amazing

yes it layered. The clear translite in the front and the picture sitting in the back to give it that 3d effect. looks even better in person.

#10230 1 year ago

Thanks DVDA !

#10231 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

yes it layered. The clear translite in the front and the picture sitting in the back to give it that 3d effect. looks even better in person.

Very cool - is this for sale still?

#10232 1 year ago
Quoted from brandonx76:

Very cool - is this for sale still?

message KJS he should have a couple of different for sale

#10233 1 year ago

Hi guys. I have enough interest for a run which I am organising literally in the next hour or so.
If you want a set please contact me asap as in the next couple of hours...

The picture above is a third rear panel version yes...not quite as hi res but still looks great.

#10234 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

The front panel is for the LV and I asked him if he would consider doing a custom back panel for me and he said yes but it was a little more money. I'm very happy how it turned out.

Yours is one of a kind and the best one.
Done

#10235 1 year ago

Looking at that...one could forego the 2nd panel, and have some sort of alien bust in there as well...does anyone sell any actual animated xeno heads? I've not seen one. Not sure why that didn't occur to me before, but for whatever reason that one looks way more 3D than the other 2 versions.

#10236 1 year ago
Quoted from Colywobbles:

Spruced up the Apron a little on my SE and replaced the pitiful decals.
Added a lot more depth to the Launch decal
[quoted image]
Multi layered the Weyland decal for a 3D effect
[quoted image]
Will rework the hazard strips and maybe even inlay cards next in the style of my coindoor Plaque next.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

hello where is it possible to get the launch plate and the nostromo plate thank you

#10237 1 year ago
Quoted from chucky87:

hello where is it possible to get the launch plate and the nostromo plate thank you

I found them on Etsy.
There's probably several people making them, but here is a link to one person that says they've got one left.

Actually, the more I do a cursory look, this may be the only person that's making and selling them these days and I see they have one Nostromo and one Sulaco badge left. I'd assume if this vendor were asked, they might be able to make more, but right now it looks like there might only be just one of each left out there at the current time.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/513061270/custom-alien-nostromo-cm-88b?click_key=52420e38790ab740e311923c7ff910a753f85cc3%3A513061270&click_sum=b8c786c8&ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=nostromo+alien+badge&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&organic_search_click=1&frs=1&cns=1

#10239 1 year ago

Can someone post the details for a fix to make the ball travel down the left ball guide flush with the left upper flipper when the ball is released from the Mu/Th/Ur saucer? I can’t seem to find the detailed post here.

Thanks!

#10240 1 year ago
Quoted from Elcochino6:

Can someone post the details for a fix to make the ball travel down the left ball guide flush with the left upper flipper when the ball is released from the Mu/Th/Ur saucer? I can’t seem to find the detailed post here.
Thanks!

I lowered the coil power 30% to that eject and it did the trick for me

#10241 1 year ago
Quoted from DVDA:

I lowered the coil power 30% to that eject and ir did the trick for me

^^^ this ^^^

#10242 1 year ago

Was really digging the clear flipper look - until the Xeno had his way with them.. back to black flippers for now

20220925_174235.jpg20220925_174235.jpg20220925_174245.jpg20220925_174245.jpg
#10243 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Was really digging the clear flipper look - until the Xeno had his way with them.. back to black flippers for now
[quoted image][quoted image]

OOOF!! There is a vendor on here that sells precision flippers who now has a "hollowed out" version. Has a really cool look to them. Perhaps you can get your clear look with these? They are made of metal and you can adjust angle from topside too.

#10244 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That's the same failure that happened with the early Pinball Brothers model flippers. PB said it was a manufacturing defect with the flipper. I bought replacement flippers from Pinball Life (before Pinball Brothers sent me the official PB fixed flippers). Well, those flippers looked identical to the faulty flippers that were originally in my Alien, yet they have lasted over a year so far. So weird... I wonder what the difference was that caused the fault.

#10245 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

OOOF!! There is a vendor on here that sells precision flippers who now has a "hollowed out" version. Has a really cool look to them. Perhaps you can get your clear look with these? They are made of metal and you can adjust angle from topside too.

And they come in green

#10246 1 year ago

Does anyone have any insight as to when 2.9 will be released?

#10247 1 year ago

New game day today for me....so excited to get my SE!!!

#10248 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

New game day today for me....so excited to get my SE!!!

Me too! Alien day
Sure
Happy
It's
Thursday!

#10249 1 year ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Me too! Alien day
Sure
Happy
It's
Thursday!

Happens!

#10250 1 year ago

Any good tips for setting up the hypersleep lock shot? I’m currently shooting for Vent 1, then passing up to the eggs flipper, then shooting for the upper ramp (and missing 75% of the time, after all that…)

Alternately I’ll sometimes see that I can hit an orbit and sometimes it will funnel the shot to the bumpers, and then half the time it rolls to the flipper. Not sure when it locks it up into bumpers instead of looping, and even then the roll-out is unreliable there too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

There are 18,807 posts in this topic. You are on page 205 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/205?hl=smp14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.