2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 372.
#10051 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

"In the face of overwhelming odds, I'm left with only one option. I'm gonna have to science the shit out of this."
Is that a quote from Project Hail Mary? Seems like it would be

'The Martian' Mark Watney quote

#10052 1 year ago

Listed my LV for $11,500 (what I paid for it). Great game, but my kids say we need more machines other than pinball in the game room. Let me know if anyone is interested (194 plays and no issues).

#10053 1 year ago

Tell your kids that they will understand when theyre older

#10054 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Tell your kids that they will understand when theyre older

Haha! My buddy told me the exact same thing! But what started out as the “Family Game Room” has slowly turned into the “Daddy Game Room” and they called me out for it.

#10055 1 year ago
Quoted from BlueRiverLore:

'The Martian' Mark Watney quote

Well same author at least. Heh

#10056 1 year ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Looks great and great idea!
I haven't had to do it yet, and out of curiosity, how does one remove the top of the Xenomorph head? Taking a look, is it just one screw on either side of the head, or are there any hidden screws that one would need to remove as well?
---checked it out...yep, just those 2 screws on the side of the head (which attach/seat into recessed areas of the metal bracket sidewalls underneath the head mold).

yes, it’s very easy to remove the alien head with the two screws…the lower jaw is way harder to get too

#10057 1 year ago

Did the clearcoat on the head today. Just needs some polish once dry. Also added my 3d printed Cheyenne.

20220918_193126 (resized).jpg20220918_193126 (resized).jpg20220918_193134 (resized).jpg20220918_193134 (resized).jpg
#10058 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did the clearcoat on the head today. Just needs some polish once dry. Also added my 3d printed Cheyenne.
[quoted image][quoted image]

looks good, How many coats did you do? I did 4 coats and didn’t polish mine.

#10059 1 year ago

Did also do 4 coats but maybe different paint. Used high gloss clear, had that laying around.

#10060 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Did also do 4 coats but maybe different paint. Used high gloss clear, had that laying around.

nice, let us know what you use to polish after it dries

#10061 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The ship looks awesome! How did you mount it? Also you need to paint that bugger up

#10062 1 year ago

I've been contemplating buying an Alien. My ONLY concern after reading this thread is parts breaking immediately because the code breaks the game, or a board blows up and I have to wait a long time to get the parts. Should i just trust my gut and get 1?

#10063 1 year ago
Quoted from petersonjandrew:

I'm having the same issues, got my LV last week. Blue screen w/ flickering volume. Tried new fuses, reseated cables, no change. Likely need a new controller box. Good times! Let me know if you find a fix though, hopefully we'll get this corrected and no more issues.

Mine still hasn't booted once. They are sending a new controller box.

#10064 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

I've been contemplating buying an Alien. My ONLY concern after reading this thread is parts breaking immediately because the code breaks the game, or a board blows up and I have to wait a long time to get the parts. Should i just trust my gut and get 1?

I have about 100 games on mine zero issues. My EHOH out of the box didn't work and took about 3 weeks for Stern to get me parts for it to work.

Get one!!!!

#10065 1 year ago

Can someone confirm the trajectory of a loop shot to the left orbit, returning through the right orbit. Mine is hitting the tip of the left flipper. Sort of cool meaning you can chain a right orbit straight away. But also very dangerous. In all my other pins a left orbit shot returns to right flipper not left flipper. Can someone tell me if I need to adjust?

#10066 1 year ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

I have about 100 games on mine zero issues. My EHOH out of the box didn't work and took about 3 weeks for Stern to get me parts for it to work.
Get one!!!!

I had the exact same experience. It took 3 weeks and Stern finally paying a tech before my NIB EHOH was playable.

I had the same worries as you reading thtough the owners thread here thinking Alien would be a game plagued by issus out of the box. I contemplated canceling my order several times waiting this year but glad I didn't.

My SV has had zero issues for the first 3 weeks of play. It is a unique, fun game with great theme integration. If you want one, I'd order. Chances are you are going to have to wait for several months, though.

#10067 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

My experience is that even if you do have issues, once you resolve them (replace whatever part is bad, etc...), that issue will not come back. If the game is working, it stays working.

#10068 1 year ago

I had the game straight up shut down on me during gameplay last night. Has anyone else experienced this?

I’m on the most recent code.

#10069 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

I had the game straight up shut down on me during gameplay last night. Has anyone else experienced this?

This is what im afraid of

#10070 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Can someone confirm the trajectory of a loop shot to the left orbit, returning through the right orbit. Mine is hitting the tip of the left flipper. Sort of cool meaning you can chain a right orbit straight away. But also very dangerous. In all my other pins a left orbit shot returns to right flipper not left flipper. Can someone tell me if I need to adjust?

It should go to the right flipper, if it’s going to the left you need to adjust the right ball guide and make sure it isn’t hitting target 5 on the way through .

#10071 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

There are a couple known software issues that can cause a reboot on hang in rare cases. We're looking forward to 2.9, which should fix these issues.

#10072 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

It should go to the right flipper, if it’s going to the left you need to adjust the right ball guide and make sure it isn’t hitting target 5 on the way through .

Yep. Target 5. Thanks!!!!

#10073 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

Yes same happened to me last night on a reasonably good scoring game. Apparently it's a bug with the 2.8 code and supposed to be fixed with 2.9 when they release it.

#10074 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Buy one only if you're prepared to fiddle a lot (hours) with various hardware and software issues. You might be lucky and have minimal or no problems for sometime, but just be prepared. This machine is not a particularly solid build in hardware or software. The QA on it is poor both with it's assembly and third party sourced components. Some of it's engineering isn't great either. It's saving grace is PB's support and it's Alien theme.

#10075 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

The ship looks awesome! How did you mount it? Also you need to paint that bugger up

The ship is mounted via a steel wire. Just drilled a smal hole in the underside and attached the wire with a screw, the ship is airbrusched dark green with silver accents but that just does not show in the dark environment of space.

#10076 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

There are a couple known software issues that can cause a reboot on hang in rare cases. We're looking forward to 2.9, which should fix these issues.

Andrea told me that 3.0 should be out this week or next...

#10077 1 year ago

Hope they also code the lighted targets, still strange that not all are coded while the led is there.

#10078 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Hope they also code the lighted targets, still strange that not all are coded while the led is there.

I'll be happy when they get the Xenomorph ball grab to work 100% of the time...seems when my machine was new it would routinely grab the ball, now nearly never...except may a floater here and there.

#10079 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I'll be happy when they get the Xenomorph ball grab to work 100% of the time...seems when my machine was new it would routinely grab the ball, now nearly never...except may a floater here and there.

Id love that as well but i am not sure that can be done.. a good rocket shot off the flipper to xeno has like no chance to be grabbed.. it happens so fast, so much kinetic energy and inirtia at play... easy shots, ricochet shots almost always grab for me. Not sure what they can do on it... but would love that for sure.

#10080 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Id love that as well but i am not sure that can be done.. a good rocket shot off the flipper to xeno has like no chance to be grabbed.. it happens so fast, so much kinetic energy and inirtia at play... easy shots, ricochet shots almost always grab for me. Not sure what they can do on it... but would love that for sure.

I understand your point however, it sure seems my Twilight zone orbit magnets are able to catch a fast shot from either flipper...can they be that much different?

#10081 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I understand your point however, it sure seems my Twilight zone orbit magnets are able to catch a fast shot from either flipper...can they be that much different?

TZ has ball guides on both sides ensuring the ball travels right over the magnet triggered with an opto. This relies on the timing between xeno switch hit and magnet. There is more “free” space around this magnet than any other I can think of.

#10082 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

TZ has ball guides on both sides ensuring the ball travels right over the magnet triggered with an opto. This relies on the timing between xeno switch hit and magnet. There is more “free” space around this magnet than any other I can think of.

...makes sense.

#10083 1 year ago

My wife is really wanting one open egg from the LV to have one that's different in the SV. Willing to pay a reasonable price for one open egg (or pay to swap). The after market ones don't look like the same color.

#10084 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My wife is really wanting one open egg from the LV to have one that's different in the SV. Willing to pay a reasonable price for one open egg (or pay to swap). The after market ones don't look like the same color.

aftermarket open eggs from backalley creations are exact color match.. well at least mine was.

#10085 1 year ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Mine still hasn't booted once. They are sending a new controller box.

I wanted a NIB so bad and finally made an offer on a low play used one. I think maybe it was the right decision. Really looking forward to it I should have it next week

#10086 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

aftermarket open eggs from backalley creations are exact color match.. well at least mine was.

Good to know. The ones we saw at TPF were obviously not the right color, so maybe they changed something.

#10087 1 year ago

Good to know. The ones we saw at TPF were obviously not the right color, so maybe they changed something.

i think cointaker has them too.

#10088 1 year ago

This site has all the available Alien parts

https://www.free-play.se/en/playfield-parts/figurines/alien-egg-1.html

#10089 1 year ago

My game has been freezing. Twice when the ball entered the shooter lane, once when the ball went into the scoop. Totally unresponsive, no ball search and the coin door buttons do not work. Tried re-seating everything. Any bright ideas out there?

#10090 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

My game has been freezing. Twice when the ball entered the shooter lane, once when the ball went into the scoop. Totally unresponsive, no ball search and the coin door buttons do not work. Tried re-seating everything. Any bright ideas out there?

I would do this and then update to 2.7 ..

https://pinballbrothers.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/80000843825--how-to-rebuild-machine-alien-2-2

#10091 1 year ago

I have an early SV and still running fine with 2.4. I’m not changing code even if they do release 3.0. If it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it.

#10092 1 year ago

those apron cards with the metal/pseudo metal are awesome. Anyone selling those or have the file?

#10093 1 year ago
Quoted from SMP14:

Get one if you love being frustrated. Game has major issues yet to be sorted out. Software has random resets and lockups. It can be rage inducing.

#10094 1 year ago

Upgrading from an SV to an LV and listed it in case anyone here wants to jump the line. (and is fairly local)

#10095 1 year ago

Upgrading from an SV to an LV and listed it in case anyone here wants to jump the line. (and is fairly local)

I can vouch for javagrind888 I have been to his house multiple times and all his games are in top condition. Buy with confidence, GLWTS!

#10096 1 year ago

Had a request from ChipScott - here are some pics of the trough-shim that I cut out for my game, which eliminated issues with balls getting stuck in the trough / ball-counting. As you can see I had thin plastic to work with so went with two layers. The important parts are 1) cut out a 'v' in the end for the plunger, and 2) make it slightly longer than the trough so it bends up sticks out the end. Its very easy to add/remove through the coin-door entrance..

A note on balls flying out of the Right ramp; I finally tried my own advice and can confirm a small piece of foam tape works to keep the ball in the wire ramp after shooting the right reverso ramp - I would suggest a very narrow (1/4"-1/8") piece of foam, and also very thin (1/16"-1/8"). I also slight reshaped the whole wireform and warped it slightly so it is more like a 'banked curve', works much better now
20220919_181153.jpg20220919_181153.jpg20220919_181217.jpg20220919_181217.jpg

20220919_181209.jpg20220919_181209.jpg

20220417_222113.jpg20220417_222113.jpg

20220919_180120.jpg20220919_180120.jpg
#10097 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:Had a request from ChipScott - here are some pics of the trough-shim that I cut out for my game, which eliminated issues with balls getting stuck in the trough / ball-counting. As you can see I had thin plastic to work with so went with two layers. The important parts are 1) cut out a 'v' in the end for the plunger, and 2) make it slightly longer than the trough so it bends up sticks out the end. Its very easy to add/remove through the coin-door entrance..
A note on balls flying out of the Right ramp; I finally tried my own advice and can confirm a small piece of foam tape works to keep the ball in the wire ramp after shooting the right reverso ramp - I would suggest a very narrow (1/4"-1/8") piece of foam, and also very thin (1/16"-1/8"). I also slight reshaped the whole wireform and warped it slightly so it is more like a 'banked curve', works much better now
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

would this not work as well https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809

#10098 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Had a request from ChipScott - here are some pics of the trough-shim that I cut out for my game, which eliminated issues with balls getting stuck in the trough / ball-counting. As you can see I had thin plastic to work with so went with two layers. The important parts are 1) cut out a 'v' in the end for the plunger, and 2) make it slightly longer than the trough so it bends up sticks out the end. Its very easy to add/remove through the coin-door entrance..
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Awesome ideas. Thanks for posting these pics!

#10099 1 year ago

Well, I'll be damned, the back of my trough is sealed up, lol.
I like the idea of having a plastic layer in there as magnetized balls in the trough can definitely cause an issue in this game (as it can in other games as well with magnets).
But, I suppose in this case it looks like I'm going to have to apply it from a top down approach (as opposed to from the back, as usual and above).

PXL_20220920_104620893 (resized).jpgPXL_20220920_104620893 (resized).jpgPXL_20220920_104638018 (resized).jpgPXL_20220920_104638018 (resized).jpg
#10100 1 year ago

I've definitely used that shim before in other games, but my guess is that it'll probably be too thick for the height of this particular trough. I might be wrong and others may want to chime in, but as that's probably the case, I really like mitchzizzle 's ultra thin shim idea here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,551 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/202?hl=smp14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.