100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 377.
#9751 1 year ago

I just got home and started a game with the kids and this happened on my first ball.zeno stuck on magnet with ball and tigers stuck to it also stuck leaving hypersleep chamber .I take it balls are magnetized .Windeeing how this happens as it’s never before on any games I’ve had .Also does it do damage if you keep playing ?

67B8C9AE-3E9B-46D8-B9BD-C9C1A0F8C103 (resized).png67B8C9AE-3E9B-46D8-B9BD-C9C1A0F8C103 (resized).pngA3114545-1304-4F3A-9811-ED94ECB5CAA7 (resized).pngA3114545-1304-4F3A-9811-ED94ECB5CAA7 (resized).png
#9752 1 year ago

Sorry ,”others” stuck to it and other word is “wondering”.

#9753 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

If those are the original balls. Get rid of them.

My balls lasted 15 games before they magnetized.

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

#9754 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

I had just put the rest of what I had in the other games before this arriving .These are quite a bit cheaper than what I normally pay .Thank You

#9755 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

On my buddies game, Ninja balls got magnetized after about a week.

#9756 1 year ago
Quoted from KeeperUSA:

On my buddies game, Ninja balls got magnetized after about a week.

Ninja balls are for games without magnets. It says it in the description. If there game has magnets, look at the link I referenced above.

BBA824AC-A24D-461A-AF6A-FADFF701D335 (resized).pngBBA824AC-A24D-461A-AF6A-FADFF701D335 (resized).png
#9757 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

You know you can edit your posts, right? I see why you have almost 4k posts in 2 years lol

#9758 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Hands down, I believe this is the best pinball machine ever made. Best theme, best gameplay, best shots, best lighting, best toy, best feel, best art, best everything! When I go to some place like Pinball Hall of Fame or any of these places that have tons of machines, I realize that I really only want to play Alien....

Dude, you have Baby Pac Man rated higher than Alien lol. And even more, you gave BPM a 10 rating, even higher than Funhouse!

#9759 1 year ago

Does anyone actually use those ceramic balls ?

Quoted from Lateralus:

You know you can edit your posts, right? I see why you have almost 4k posts in 2 years lol

If it wasn’t for getting in this hobby and “needing” pinside , I’d still own a flip phone .I’ll look into it

#9760 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Yes it also helps with all shots from the upper right flipper i have found. I'll get some more pics of it installed, but you can read about why i created it here to:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/181#post-7063319
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/182#post-7067172

For those interested, some more pics of the full guide replacement installed.

I added a link on my site to order one, if you want to try it out. https://mypinballs.com, at the bottom of the page.

IMG_4039 (resized).JPGIMG_4039 (resized).JPGIMG_4041 (resized).JPGIMG_4041 (resized).JPGIMG_4042 (resized).JPGIMG_4042 (resized).JPGIMG_4043 (resized).JPGIMG_4043 (resized).JPG

#9761 1 year ago
Quoted from ROMM:

Dude, you have Baby Pac Man rated higher than Alien lol. And even more, you gave BPM a 10 rating, even higher than Funhouse!

LOL! What???? I thought I gave Baby Pacman, Funhouse, and Alien all 10's... because they all are... for different reasons. I guess I'll have to update my ratings.

#9762 1 year ago

If you are ever curious why the Top 100 is BS you don’t need to look far. This guys ratings are kind of amazing, they are mostly this wacky.

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/ains12/ratings

30E3EC09-6EA4-446C-BF32-6A0FE87CD60F (resized).jpeg30E3EC09-6EA4-446C-BF32-6A0FE87CD60F (resized).jpeg
#9763 1 year ago

applejuice It plays fantastic and the way you would expect it to be designed. Only problem I have is the point seems a little far up and a slow ball can stick on it (kind of like the same pop location in Star Trek). Great work and PB should seriously think about changing their design as it just feels, "correct".

IMG_1692 (resized).jpegIMG_1692 (resized).jpegIMG_1693 (resized).jpegIMG_1693 (resized).jpeg
#9764 1 year ago

Found the problem with rejects in my right orbit.

As others have found the spinner arm can hit he plastic.

Guess I need to dremmel the plastic.

137EEF9B-59C5-41AB-A449-3A1FACC3A45F (resized).jpeg137EEF9B-59C5-41AB-A449-3A1FACC3A45F (resized).jpeg
#9765 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Found the problem with rejects in my right orbit.
As others have found the spinner arm can hit he plastic.
Guess I need to dremmel the plastic. [quoted image]

I had issues with that right spinner too. You don't need to modify the plastic....

I think your issue is you need to bend the switch up a bit so that it applies some pressure to the spinner arm. On mine, the spinner arm extends beyond the plastic also, but it doesn't cause any issues. If the switch is not applying pressure to the spinner arm, the spinner will rest upside-down occasionally, causing the ball to just fly right under it. You may have seen that behavior also.

Here's a picture of mine in a perfect working state.

IMG_20220904_192018876 (resized).jpgIMG_20220904_192018876 (resized).jpg

#9766 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I had issues with that right spinner too. You don't need to modify the plastic....
I think your issue is you need to bend the switch up a bit so that it applies some pressure to the spinner arm. On mine, the spinner arm extends beyond the plastic also, but it doesn't cause any issues. If the switch is not applying pressure to the spinner arm, the spinner will rest upside-down occasionally, causing the ball to just fly right under it. You may have seen that behavior also.
Here's a picture of mine in a perfect working state.
[quoted image]

Weird. My arm definitely travels below the plastic. Anyway, I already dremmelled!

Doesn’t look too bad.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#9767 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

applejuice It plays fantastic and the way you would expect it to be designed. Only problem I have is the point seems a little far up and a slow ball can stick on it (kind of like the same pop location in Star Trek). Great work and PB should seriously think about changing their design as it just feels, "correct".[quoted image][quoted image]

My only concern is you are sort of nerfing the pop bumper. Less kinetic energy in this area now. I have also destroyed eggs by going for the chest buster target, wonder if this modified design will stop that.

#9768 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

My only concern is you are sort of nerfing the pop bumper. Less kinetic energy in this area now. I have also destroyed eggs by going for the chest buster target, wonder if this modified design will stop that.

I wouldn't worry about that, it doesn't change or block the pop bumper area at all. It just guides the ball closer to the rail.

#9769 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

applejuice It plays fantastic and the way you would expect it to be designed. Only problem I have is the point seems a little far up and a slow ball can stick on it (kind of like the same pop location in Star Trek). Great work and PB should seriously think about changing their design as it just feels, "correct".[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks Glad that it is improving your enjoyment of the game. I am happy to refine as i get more feedback.

#9770 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

As mentioned by Waxx the pops all work fine. there's certainly no 'nerfing' as the guide was designed to make sure they all work the same as before

#9771 1 year ago

The flipper coils on this game get really hot after a short time, limiting their power. What type of coils does PB use? I know this was highlighted earlier in this thread, but this doesn’t happen on my Sterns. You can even feel the heat on the top of the playfield after a couple of hours of play.

#9772 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I wouldn't worry about that, it doesn't change or block the pop bumper area at all. It just guides the ball closer to the rail.

Does it not take this area of the bumper skirt out of action?

6F65A592-1279-48A7-B2B8-54E78499CE24 (resized).jpeg6F65A592-1279-48A7-B2B8-54E78499CE24 (resized).jpeg
#9773 1 year ago

ya, I get a lot of eggs in that area off the rubber on the right.

#9774 1 year ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

ya, I get a lot of eggs in that area off the rubber on the right.

Also target hits from that pop

#9775 1 year ago
Quoted from KeeperUSA:

The flipper coils on this game get really hot after a short time, limiting their power. What type of coils does PB use? I know this was highlighted earlier in this thread, but this doesn’t happen on my Sterns. You can even feel the heat on the top of the playfield after a couple of hours of play.

Was told to me by Pbros prior to parts store coming online that they use Stern Diodless coils :https://www.pinballlife.com/090-5032-nd-flipper-coil-for-stern.html

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#9776 1 year ago

And looks like it may reject a ball coming in off the right side of that lane instead of allowing it into the pop area. If you want more URF shots that's a good thing but you can't say it doesn't change things / give you fewer pop opportunities. It's a cool well thought out mod I'm just more of an "as designed" guy in most cases.

#9777 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

And looks like it may reject a ball coming in off the right side of that lane instead of allowing it into the pop area. If you want more URF shots that's a good thing but you can't say it doesn't change things / give you fewer pop opportunities. It's a cool well thought out mod I'm just more of an "as designed" guy in most cases.

Nothing is as designed at this point because it's not the original Heighway design. It can obviously reject a pop hit off the target but the cost of a sometimes errant pop hit as opposed to a working feed and sensor seems like a good trade off.

Everyone should setup their game how they like: different pitch, tilt bob, etc but if you turn down the left saucer from default power it's no different to me. I'm just trying to make the game play better to me.

Great conversation though and it's a great game any way you like it.

#9779 1 year ago

Strange is when people point out there is no way this doesn't change something about the gameplay and you get offended. It does, you can see it by your comparison. You added a whole other section that blocks the access to that bottom bumper. I get to the bumpers quite often this way. The path is much narrower and forced to the top side. This in essence will cause the ball to bounce off your mod and come down the chestburster lane more often than going up into the pops.

If this makes the game more enjoyable for you, cool. Just don't say it doesn't change the game flow.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#9780 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Was told to me by Pbros prior to parts store coming online that they use Stern Diodless coils :https://www.pinballlife.com/090-5032-nd-flipper-coil-for-stern.html

If that is the case, why do the coils on Alien get so much hotter? I played my IM for two hours last night and the coils weren’t as hot for the same playtime on Aliens.

#9781 1 year ago

Has anyone tried the ldvs to hdmi v20 converter board and got it to work? I have it installed and the lvds passthrough works, so the main screen boots up. I am getting no hdmi signal. I have tried all the jumper configs and no change. I hooked up the wires like in Hurry Up Pinball's tutorial. I have the same board working in Rush. I really want to get direct video out for our streams

https://geekworm.com/collections/others/products/lvds-to-hdmi-adapter-board-converter-with-lvds-cable?variant=39521988771928

20220905_150741 (resized).jpg20220905_150741 (resized).jpg20220905_150744 (resized).jpg20220905_150744 (resized).jpg
#9782 1 year ago
Quoted from KeeperUSA:

If that is the case, why do the coils on Alien get so much hotter? I played my IM for two hours last night and the coils weren’t as hot for the same playtime on Aliens.

All of your flippers? Have you checked them for any kind of mechanical drag? This is not an inherent fault , there must be something wrong.

#9783 1 year ago
Quoted from KeeperUSA:

Quoted from Mageek:

All of your flippers? Have you checked them for any kind of mechanical drag? This is not an inherent fault , there must be something wrong.

Depending on your play style the coils in this game can get very hot regardless of "mechanical drag".

TempChart (resized).jpegTempChart (resized).jpeg
#9784 1 year ago

Downloaded 2.8 from 2.6 and now the coindoor buttons lock up, ugh…went to 2.6 and still does it. I’ll rebuild to 2.2 and then 2.6 since it was playing great until I tried the update. Anyone else experience this?

#9785 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Strange is when people point out there is no way this doesn't change something about the gameplay and you get offended. It does, you can see it by your comparison. You added a whole other section that blocks the access to that bottom bumper. I get to the bumpers quite often this way. The path is much narrower and forced to the top side. This in essence will cause the ball to bounce off your mod and come down the chestburster lane more often than going up into the pops.
If this makes the game more enjoyable for you, cool. Just don't say it doesn't change the game flow. [quoted image]

Cool

#9786 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Downloaded 2.8 from 2.6 and now the coindoor buttons lock up, ugh…went to 2.6 and still does it. I’ll rebuild to 2.2 and then 2.6 since it was playing great until I tried the update. Anyone else experience this?

If you're saying it plays fine and occasionally hangs with unresponsive coin door buttons, yes. PB is working on it. Hopefully we will see 2.9 soon. My understanding is this issue is resolved and being tested.

#9787 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Did you do a factory reset either before/after the software upgrade?

#9788 1 year ago

A very cool thing about v2.8 is when at “1 xeno hit to go” the magnet will grab the ball and dead drop it straight down rather than fling it (assuming a clean catch by the magnet)

#9789 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

A very cool thing about v2.8 is when at “1 xeno hit to go” the magnet will grab the ball and dead drop it straight down rather than fling it (assuming a clean catch by the magnet)

Yes... I noticed that and reported it to PB a long time ago. Hopefully that is fixed in 2.9 also.

#9790 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Does it not take this area of the bumper skirt out of action?[quoted image]

Quoted from Zablon:

If this makes the game more enjoyable for you, cool. Just don't say it doesn't change the game flow. [quoted image]

I think you are both missing the point somewhat... If you can reliably shoot the chestburster lane upwards from the lower flippers, or upper left then you won't need this mod i would think as the sensor would be activated anyway, but for most people (myself included) most access to the chestburster lane, pops and the shots from the upper right flipper (hyper sleep lock, vent loop, airlock) come from the ball entering from a loop shot then upper lanes and pops downwards, or a rebound in to the pops from the lhs and then down the lane. Please educate me if you can shoot the chestburster lane upwards 'all day long', i would love to see a video of that...

Therefore what i was suggesting earlier was the pop bumper activity (from my experience) has not been effected at all.

I guess the fundamental thing here is that we don't agree on the chestburster lane issues, which is fine. We can have differing opinions and still enjoy the same games. But i do find it odd that you comment on things you haven't actually tried out, or experienced . It would be better just to have a more open mind in my view.

#9791 1 year ago

I've had one instance on 2.8 where the coin mechs were unresponsive that was fixed with a reboot. Other than that no reports of issues but it certainly doesn't give you a warm and fuzzy. The tech guy is hyping up 2.9 having a lot of fixes so I'm excited to see if it'll clear this up.

#9792 1 year ago
Quoted from megaladon:

Happened several times to me paired with playfield lockup.. no soring yet flippers worked etc. rebooted and it went away, opened ticket sent pbros the logs.

#9793 1 year ago

Annnyways, at least youre not dripping hot glue on your Alien targets. Party on!

#9794 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I think you are both missing the point somewhat... If you can reliably shoot the chestburster lane upwards from the lower flippers, or upper left then you won't need this mod i would think as the sensor would be activated anyway, but for most people (myself included) most access to the chestburster lane, pops and the shots from the upper right flipper (hyper sleep lock, vent loop, airlock) come from the ball entering from a loop shot then upper lanes and pops downwards, or a rebound in to the pops from the lhs and then down the lane. Please educate me if you can shoot the chestburster lane upwards 'all day long', i would love to see a video of that...
Therefore what i was suggesting earlier was the pop bumper activity (from my experience) has not been effected at all.
I guess the fundamental thing here is that we don't agree on the chestburster lane issues, which is fine. We can have differing opinions and still enjoy the same games. But i do find it odd that you comment on things you haven't actually tried out, or experienced . It would be better just to have a more open mind in my view.

Sorry didn’t mean to cause offence. Was just curious if it affected pop bumpers.

Think it’s great that you have fixed a troublesome part of your pin and that you are offering it to others to help them out as well. Kudos.

I don’t have problems with my xeno magnet catching the ball but it would be foolish of me to say that others aren’t experiencing issues.

Btw, your mod looks great and fits in with the other plastics.

#9795 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I think you are missing my point, I am merely pointing out you are taking a very desirable aspect of the game out of action. There is a rubber here for a reason, otherwise the right metal ball guide would continue up to the target. I finished Queens Nest mode last night mainly due to this action which would not be possible with your mod.

If the most important thing to you is the chestburster shot have at it, you do you.

941EDF61-833E-4C14-AA15-58B0C3C51048 (resized).jpeg941EDF61-833E-4C14-AA15-58B0C3C51048 (resized).jpeg
#9796 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I think you are missing my point, I am merely pointing out you are taking a very desirable aspect of the game out of action. There is a rubber here for a reason, otherwise the right metal ball guide would continue up to the target. I finished Queens Nest mode last night mainly due to this action which would not be possible with your mod.
If the most important thing to you is the chestburster shot have at it, you do you.
[quoted image]

Please show me with red arrows how this area of the game was originally designed? The original design didn't have the rubber there and the lane was tighter. PB made an interesting choice but it was not originally intended to be that way.

Edit: To clarify I am really not trying to be combative but the rules were written for the original layout and not the revisions made by PB (to my knowledge the rules haven't changed). So finishing a mode with errant pop hits and missing the chest buster weren't options when the rules were written.
1b21f7bc1425b9b01e56f1a25a3476ddbc31700f (resized).jpg1b21f7bc1425b9b01e56f1a25a3476ddbc31700f (resized).jpg

#9797 1 year ago

I love me some "Errant Pop Hits" .

#9798 1 year ago

If we are going to argue old vs. new, the magnet was never actually implemented in the og, so no one should be concerned that it doesn't always activate and consider it a handicap.

#9799 1 year ago

Sounds good, I won't. Just don't tell me the that's how it was designed to get pop bumpers hits when the rules were written.

#9800 1 year ago

Now I am curious though, is that pic a HWY proto? Did they implement that pop up target?

Additionally on the right of the chestburster target, is that just the woodrail or could the ball go to the right?

(been forever since I played an OG and it didn't work for long so didn't see much)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Brownsburg, IN
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,837 posts in this topic. You are on page 196 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/196 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.