20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2635 (resized).JPG
IMG_2634 (resized).JPG
IMG_2633 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 376.
#9651 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Has anyone else seen a problem where the Xeno JAW stays open after Ambush mode is initiated? I'm seeing it happen approximately 1 in 10 times after Xeno ball grab at the beginning of Ambush mode. I have never seen the problem happen at any other time (including test mode). After the game is over or the next time the JAW is supposed to close, it does close fine. I hooked up a PWM monitor, and I can see that the system is sending a JAW open command the entire time the JAW is stuck open... so I'm still unclear if this is a problem with my hardware, or some software glitch that is happening on machines other than mine. I'm already working with Pinball Brothers on this, but just wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue for troubleshooting purposes.
This is an SV on System Update 2.8 with Firmware 0.56.

I had that happen on my game last week also. Shut everything down so it would reset itself. 2.8 LV

#9652 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Has anyone else seen a problem where the Xeno JAW stays open after Ambush mode is initiated? I'm seeing it happen approximately 1 in 10 times after Xeno ball grab at the beginning of Ambush mode. I have never seen the problem happen at any other time (including test mode). After the game is over or the next time the JAW is supposed to close, it does close fine. I hooked up a PWM monitor, and I can see that the system is sending a JAW open command the entire time the JAW is stuck open... so I'm still unclear if this is a problem with my hardware, or some software glitch that is happening on machines other than mine. I'm already working with Pinball Brothers on this, but just wanted to see if anyone else is having the issue for troubleshooting purposes.
This is an SV on System Update 2.8 with Firmware 0.56.

I've had an issue where the magnet/tongue is attempting to push against the closed jaw(during a game)...it repeatedly does this until I go into jaw test mode and calibrate it...then its fine...hasn't done this in a while...PB couldn't give me a definitive solution...just happy its working for the most part ok...I'm gusssing the jaw isn't getting the signal to open....

#9653 1 year ago

I was wondering how you were going to get it down the last giant step. Front legs on! Brilliant!

I updated to 2.8 and turned the "staged flippers" setting to off and did not have the dead right flipper issue in about 10 games yesterday. It will be in its first tournament tonight so I should know for sure. Fingers crossed this problem child behaves herself and gets a few new people to fall in love!

#9654 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

I've had an issue where the magnet/tongue is attempting to push against the closed jaw(during a game)...it repeatedly does this until I go into jaw test mode and calibrate it...then its fine...hasn't done this in a while...PB couldn't give me a definitive solution...just happy its working for the most part ok...I'm gusssing the jaw isn't getting the signal to open....

I've seen that happen too, in very rare cases... Maybe once every 3 weeks or so is the best way I can explain its frequency.

I think PB may be getting to the bottom of it. I provided them with the PWM logs and it sounds like they now have a theory as to what is going on.

#9655 1 year ago

My game was shipped with 2.7 and am waiting for the apron mod to arrive and clear a day for those and some mod installs .That being said ,I do randomly get black screen after start up .The p/f goes thru it’s thing ,and sometimes has sound and I just shut it off for a few minutes then all is ok .I did notice last night it happened while my kid was hitting start before it got to attract mode .Is this something that was fixed with 2.8 ? Just asking before I put a ticket in .

#9656 1 year ago

Also ,congrats to those who have received they’re pins and sorry to hear about others still waiting .One thing you can hold your hat on is that it seems that PB’s are getting issues nailed down as we move along .I have only a couple small issues (PB knows about these ) besides the normal tweaking on any pin .I’m really exited to see they’re making a appearance at CT as I’m really interested in Queen and am patiently awaiting some gameplay vids before it goes to a vote in the family The best thing of all is that I now have complete confidence in this company going forward (we need to remember this is basically they’re inaugural run) and really hope they’re in this for the long haul .

#9657 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My game was shipped with 2.7 and am waiting for the apron mod to arrive and clear a day for those and some mod installs .That being said ,I do randomly get black screen after start up .The p/f goes thru it’s thing ,and sometimes has sound and I just shut it off for a few minutes then all is ok .I did notice last night it happened while my kid was hitting start before it got to attract mode .Is this something that was fixed with 2.8 ? Just asking before I put a ticket in .

It has not been fixed in 2.8. I have the same issue. Have to reboot once or twice and it seems to correct on its own though.

#9658 1 year ago
Quoted from JDub03:

It has not been fixed in 2.8. I have the same issue. Have to reboot once or twice and it seems to correct on its own though.

Have you noticed it only happening when hitting “start” too early ? I will look more into this tonight .

#9659 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Have you noticed it only happening when hitting “start” too early ? I will look more into this tonight .

No, it also happens if you do not press any buttons. Saw it on both 2.6 and 2.7. Staying away from 2.8 for now. Since you see the low res Linux boot up, then it goes black when it switches to the high res UI, if this were my PC, I'd be looking at the graphics driver.

#9660 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

No, it also happens if you do not press any buttons. Saw it on both 2.6 and 2.7. Staying away from 2.8 for now. Since you see the low res Linux boot up, then it goes black when it switches to the high res UI, if this were my PC, I'd be looking at the graphics driver.

Outpost is correct. I boot my games and walk away for a bit, so nobody is touching them as they boot. I agree that it is likely a graphics driver conflict of some sort. I also get the linux boot at bios start up. Hopefully it will be resolved in a future patch. Game has progressed nicely so far.

#9661 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Quoted from JDub03:

Outpost is correct. I boot my games and walk away for a bit, so nobody is touching them as they boot. I agree that it is likely a graphics driver conflict of some sort. I also get the linux boot at bios start up. Hopefully it will be resolved in a future patch. Game has progressed nicely so far.

I'm assuming it's the same issue as this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/158#post-6948512

#9662 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

(we need to remember this is basically they’re inaugural run) and really hope they’re in this for the long haul .

I don't think you realize these guys (pinball brothers) were all part of Heighway Pinball and have been around this title for a long time.

#9663 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I don't think you realize these guys (pinball brothers) were all part of Heighway Pinball and have been around this title for a long time.

Isn't PB originally the investors for Andrew Heighway and his defunct company? Not sure if any of the original designers and/or programmers carried over.

#9664 1 year ago
Quoted from Drebay:

Isn't PB originally the investors for Andrew Heighway and his defunct company? Not sure if any of the original designers and/or programmers carried over.

Same team plus the addition of Cato. You can view each machine in the pinside database

#9665 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Ive found the black screen on startup issue is *usually* related to an hdmi cord that needs to be reseated.
The really finicky connection is the hdmi plugged into the mini screen on the Playfield, that connector gets smacked around alot, and if its loose the game will boot with a black screen.

Took me a while to find this out, normally I would just check the connectors in the backbox.. I have no idea why the connection between the airlock screen and computer would make the backbox screen not work, but it does

#9666 1 year ago

I didn't have the issue on 2.4 when I first got the machine, so I think it's still a software bug.

#9667 1 year ago

I agree, I was not getting it until 2.8 --- and to clarify, it DOES come on during post. It goes black and shuts off, not just loses signal after post. It is strange that it does it a few times and then works. Handshake issue? Driver issue like was mentioned?

That being said, around 2.8 time I also was working under the pf, so checking connectors is not a bad idea.

#9668 1 year ago

I'm still on 2.4 and I haven't seen that bug at all.

#9669 1 year ago

Less of an annoyance than the xeno grab not working.

#9670 1 year ago

Things are starting to click after some suggested adjustments .Things are starting to get Crazy !!

#9671 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Less of an annoyance than the xeno grab not working.

I set my game up out of the box Saturday. It is on the 2.7 code and the xeno is working 100% so far.

Reading about issues some say they have experienced over the months, I feel pretty lucky my game is working well so far. The game is awesome and along with Stranger Things has the best theme integration of any game I own.

I am curious, of those that have received their games in the past few months, how many have had issues out of the box? Hopefully most are like mine are the problems fewer and fewer.

#9672 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I set my game up out of the box Saturday. It is on the 2.7 code and the xeno is working 100% so far.
Reading many issues I've read about here and some say they have experienced over the months, I feel pretty lucky my game is working well so far. The game is awesome and along with Stranger Things has the best theme integration by far of any game I own.

Yeah, I think on most of the later games the Xeno grab isn't an issue. Whatever was wrong with mine seems to be fixed in 2.8 and that was really the only issue I've had so I'm happy...and now with the beacons and apron mod...sheeet this game just leveled up.

#9673 1 year ago

Last night , we waited to hit Start until the PB logo came up on the screen and in doing so ,did not have any black screen issues (I will still enter a ticket tonight ).Besides that ,there is still the issue of the auto plunge firing at random times .I want to try and narrow it down to if it’s only happening on certain modes/MB’s before entering a ticket .That’s all we see as of now .

#9674 1 year ago

I do have a question after playing a bunch of games in a row.

When Ambush multiball starts, sometimes the lights go out and monitor goes black as he says 'what do you mean they cut the power' and the xeno is grabbing the ball (which is cool) and then it all comes back on.

But other times lights and monitor stays on and it plays a movie (for ambush multiball).

I don't actually know if the first is really supposed to happen or if it is a bug? Anyone seen this?

#9675 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'm in the same boat as you. Paid in full a month ago and I get a different story each time I speak with Cointaker. Seems to be a common experience. I'm sure it will arrive....eventually.

Curious what excuses you are all getting...I haven't gotten notice for final payment, but that is one thing that I don't like about this whole process is the request for final payment BEFORE Coin taker gets the machine on their docks....makes no sense!

#9676 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

When Ambush multiball starts, sometimes the lights go out and monitor goes black as he says 'what do you mean they cut the power' and the xeno is grabbing the ball (which is cool) and then it all comes back on.
But other times lights and monitor stays on and it plays a movie (for ambush multiball).
I don't actually know if the first is really supposed to happen or if it is a bug? Anyone seen this?

I've noticed the same thing on my game I've only had since Saturday.

On a separate note, does anyone know if it is possiblell to turn up just the right upper flipper power (excluding the right lower)? I find it difficult to get a shot up the hypersleep ramp over 50% of the time.

#9677 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

On a separate note, does anyone know if it is possiblell to turn up just the right upper flipper power (excluding the right lower)? I find it difficult to get a shot up the hypersleep ramp over 50% of the time.

Yes it is just look at your game adjustments. . . .

#9678 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I’ve just started having kids play more whike I sit back watching them as you couldn’t pry my white knuckled hands off this pin the first week lmao

#9679 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It's a difficult shot and the feed can sometimes not set it up to make it. If you turn the power up it will make the coil heat up faster and make the shot harder the longer you play.

#9680 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yes.. in coil adjustments. You can increase power to upper right flipper alone. WAX the ramps and adjust flipper angle!!

Another thing is playfield angle, need to have that right.. For me, the sweet spot is at 6.4 degrees overall. the upper right flipper is aligned almost to have the ball roll off and skim the post and flipper power was upped to +20%. i am 50/50 this way.. problem for me is that i just suck as a player and miss the timing.
when i get lucky, the ball just wails up the ramp with this config.

#9681 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I had a good friend that had this game suggest a few things to me and this was one of them .Right flipper up 25% , left eject down 30% , and added 10 % to plunge power .We both were in agreement on jacking this game up all the way in back with the front legs as low as possible to achieve the highest pitch possible .Then after this , I pitched the back end (right to left) lower 1/4 inch on the left side but only in the back .The front stayed level .I need to play more tonight but it most surely has helped with the hypersleep (side ramp) shot which is very important in this game .It has completely changed the pace of this game for the better The next thing I’ll do is play with the settings of the bottom left flipper to see if I can get those left side shots separated (if this makes sense ) a bit as I’m having trouble in picking a flipper point on those 3 shots that are very close together .Last things after that will be getting the right spinner to sit correctly and work properly and in that same area toward the outside of the cabinet I noticed the sharpened point of the plastic is barely catching the ball coming around .I’ll try a slo motion video prior so others can see if they have the same issue .This is reminding me of our Rush LE in that once it’s all dialed in ,greatness awaits I can’t even explain in words how great this Alien is shooting now .This ,added with the theme integration of looks and sound is taking this pin to the absolute top of my (our) favorites list .It is that fing DOPE!!

#9682 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

It's a difficult shot and the feed can sometimes not set it up to make it. If you turn the power up it will make the coil heat up faster and make the shot harder the longer you play.

I might give this a go also but do you think the coil will not cool down enough between shots ? It’s not really a shot used often .Just looking forward your opinion thanks bud .

#9683 1 year ago

No complaints about the right flipper dying last night so either 2.8 or turning off 2 stage flippers hopefully fixed it.

#9684 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’ve just started having kids play more whike I sit back watching them as you couldn’t pry my white knuckled hands off this pin the first week lmao

I really don't care that I had to deal with issues over the past year with this game. Hands down, I believe this is the best pinball machine ever made. Best theme, best gameplay, best shots, best lighting, best toy, best feel, best art, best everything! When I go to some place like Pinball Hall of Fame or any of these places that have tons of machines, I realize that I really only want to play Alien.... I guess Alien has ruined a lot of other machines for me.

I'm super happy that most of the issues I've dealt with over the past year have since been worked out by PB. At this point, I'm only aware of a couple software issues for my machine that still need to be resolved.

#9685 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

No complaints about the right flipper dying last night so either 2.8 or turning off 2 stage flippers hopefully fixed it.

Oh yeah .I forgot I turned off the staged flippers .That had a huge effect on gameplay .I don’t use that feature much in any pin as of now .

#9686 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Oh yeah .I forgot I turned off the staged flippers .That had a huge effect on gameplay .I don’t use that feature much in any pin as of now .

Staged flippers doesn't work anyway right now correct? It's not coded yet I was told.

#9687 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Staged flippers doesn't work anyway right now correct? It's not coded yet I was told.

I’m not sure ,but I noticed the flippers were more “active “ after doing so .I have no idea how that works but I only adjusted the upper right in settings .

#9688 1 year ago

They don't work on the SV but do on the LV.

#9689 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

They don't work on the SV but do on the LV.

They don’t on mine. Was told it’s not coded yet.

#9690 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Reading about issues some say they have experienced over the months, I feel pretty lucky my game is working well so far. The game is awesome and along with Stranger Things has the best theme integration of any game I own.
I am curious, of those that have received their games in the past few months, how many have had issues out of the box? Hopefully most are like mine are the problems fewer and fewer.

Mine is on 2.7 as well, and seems to be working well. I have had two times where the game locked up, but I haven't been able to replicate the issue. I've been reluctant to upgrade the code

#9691 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I might give this a go also but do you think the coil will not cool down enough between shots ? It’s not really a shot used often .Just looking forward your opinion thanks bud .

It should and in fact Ive played this game for hours on end with that coil up +25% and never had fade from heating so it must be possible, have never had the need for flipper fans on this game yet, but my games are out from the wall and the game room is cool and dry, maybe others game rooms are a little hotter - hot rooms always make my Vpin freak out

#9692 1 year ago

2 stage flippers "are not coded in yet" despite being a menu option. I'm a little concerned that things like this and the target LEDs have been hanging out there for months and they're probably starting to focus coding efforts on Queen.

#9693 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

2 stage flippers "are not coded in yet" despite being a menu option. I'm a little concerned that things like this and the target LEDs have been hanging out there for months and they're probably starting to focus coding efforts on Queen.

Yep.. staged flippers was to be coming on the SV's as Cato was to publish the wiring needs for this , along with weapon LED programing and new Firmware version for SV> Not sure what progress is being made anymore on these to your point, Queen is coming out and they HAVE to be applying lessons learned from this launch, coding changes, etc.

#9694 1 year ago

Staged flippers are coded.. for hw revision .57 and should only work on LVs. Till will tell if they allow SV users to have this option, I think they will when all LVs are sold out.

#9695 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

I really don't care that I had to deal with issues over the past year with this game. Hands down, I believe this is the best pinball machine ever made. Best theme, best gameplay, best shots, best lighting, best toy, best feel, best art, best everything! When I go to some place like Pinball Hall of Fame or any of these places that have tons of machines, I realize that I really only want to play Alien.... I guess Alien has ruined a lot of other machines for me.
I'm super happy that most of the issues I've dealt with over the past year have since been worked out by PB. At this point, I'm only aware of a couple software issues for my machine that still need to be resolved.

And that New Apron makes it incredible!

#9696 1 year ago

Can I get a favor from one of you??

Do you have lights on your board 6 optos connections? This is for the reverso ramp.

When looking underneath my other optos all have lights around them. Reverso opto board is dark.

****resolved*******
3172FB87-5834-4362-9687-BB973284FBDD (resized).jpeg3172FB87-5834-4362-9687-BB973284FBDD (resized).jpeg

#9697 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Staged flippers are coded.. for hw revision .57 and should only work on LVs. Till will tell if they allow SV users to have this option, I think they will when all LVs are sold out.

This is not the case, at least on PB 2.7 on my LV. I went into switch test, set them perfectly, and in game with 2 stage set to "yes" they still flip at the same time. I did not test 2.8 as it was suggested this setting may be responsible for the issue with the right side sometimes not responding to flipper button presses and was told it is not in the code anyways.

#9698 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

This is one area where it should be available for both versions.

#9700 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

This is one area where it should be available for both versions.

It’s not available for both versions currently. So at least on this point all things are equal.

There are no staged flippers currently available on any version. Not coded yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 160.00
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,753 posts in this topic. You are on page 194 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/194?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.