100_0962 (resized).JPG
100_0952 (resized).JPG
b6dc946c91d7ab067492a1b55bd88dd9.gif
Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 377.
#851 2 years ago

My grail pin is Cheers

Actually it’s always been alien LE, just was never in a position to do it until now

#852 2 years ago

Why do the magnets on my TWD work like a boss while the magnet that's supposed to catch the ball on alien only catches the slow traveling ones. Are they just bigger magnets or better quality on TWD?

#853 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Why do the magnets on my TWD work like a boss while the magnet that's supposed to catch the ball on alien only catches the slow traveling ones. Are they just bigger magnets or better quality on TWD?

MET is the same. Sparky magnet captures strong and the hammer...not so much.

#854 2 years ago
Quoted from digitaldocc:

Great question and I’d love to know. The well walker one in particular is impressive, since the ball could be bouncing off the edge of the WW and heading in a completely different direction, yet still get pulled onto the magnet every time.

#855 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

Great question and I’d love to know. The well walker one in particular is impressive, since the ball could be bouncing off the edge of the WW and heading in a completely different direction, yet still get pulled onto the magnet every time.

Just looking at the magnetic surface in comparison it’s 6 times bigger.

#856 2 years ago

So no one ever attempted to fix this with a bigger magnet or anything on the OG?

#857 2 years ago

Probably has too long of a delay between when the switch registers and the magnet turns on too.

#858 2 years ago

Curious, can the brand/type of ball make a difference too? I know there's a fine line between ones that are magnetic and too magnetic, but would stronger magnetic balls help?

#859 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just looking at the magnetic surface in comparison it’s 6 times bigger.

6 times? Wow - I didn't remember the TWD magnets being that large. I was hoping it was just a timing thing (like chuckwurt mentioned) but there is likely no easy fix with that difference in surface area.

Now where did I put my hole saw bits....

#860 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Probably has too long of a delay between when the switch registers and the magnet turns on too.

Yeah I bet the distance from the magnet to the switches is an issue. Sparky has an opto that's much closer to detect the hit earlier and the WW is right up against its magnet...

#861 2 years ago

TOTAN has a very strong magnet too and it is noticeably larger, probably 1/4 inch in diameter and it catches everything too and throws the ball pretty good when it's not sucked below the playfield to battle the Genie.

#862 2 years ago

It’s a huge issue. Main toy that interacts with ball is not gonna work probably half the time. What’s the point then?

#863 2 years ago

Well hopefully they get it figured out. Seems like yet another thing that you would have thought was already re-engineered on this release.

#864 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yeah I bet the distance from the magnet to the switches is an issue. Sparky has an opto that's much closer to detect the hit earlier and the WW is right up against its magnet...

Yep, along with a wider radius to smack the Xeno targets (hence my "better than 75%" comment). Straight shots, regardless of pace, get eaten at a very high percentage. I can only speak to the Heighway game in this regard, not the PB, as I haven't played it.

( Sterns move to the huge metal surround was to eliminate the mushrooming, nothing to do with power btw, BM66 a good example. basically, all these magnet cores are similiar in size. An electromagnet at that size would catch the pf on fire big time )

#865 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well hopefully they get it figured out. Seems like yet another thing that you would have thought was already re-engineered on this release.

This aspect didn't need re-engineering...works fine. I'd always wanted a Hall Effect sensor (like monkey in WOZ) to retract the tongue when the ball wasn't there, but never happened. Can't have everything I guess.

#866 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

It’s a huge issue. Main toy that interacts with ball is not gonna work probably half the time. What’s the point then?

Start ambush better?

#867 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Start ambush better?

Hehe, right you are....

#868 2 years ago

Hope PB will get everything figured out in time by the next Stern (after mando) and Spookey release. That way us buyers can have a 3 way dance.

If in a few months or so the alien game streams still have lost balls and failed magnet grabs then sadly I will have to cross it off the contenders list.

I'm rooting for you Pinball Brothers.

#869 2 years ago

Received a tracking document from Melissa at CT. Looks like the container is suppose to arrive in the NYC port on June 7th. Hell yeah!

#870 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Received a tracking document from Melissa at CT. Looks like the container is suppose to arrive in the NYC port on June 7th. Hell yeah!

Nice! Do we know if all of the 1st quarter shipments are in that container? Only trying to get a gauge on time for when the 2nd quarter shipments start.

#871 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Are they shipping them straight from there or going to CT first?

#872 2 years ago

Not sure. I’ll ask.

#873 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Not sure. I’ll ask.

Congrats. Such a great game can't wait.

#874 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Very nice! Big congrats! You’ll have to keep us updated with everything.

#875 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Start ambush better?

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Funk yeah!

#876 2 years ago

Once container arrives in NYC, they will truck the whole container to CT and then ship via Fed Ex to us.

#877 2 years ago

Wonder how many games they shipped. It wasn't the whole first quarter batch.

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Tease us with a few LV features....dribble a few each month . June-July-Aug-Sept...

We should have a contest and the winner with the most correct wins the prize. We can make Red_Devils pay. HAHA

#879 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Do we know how many people fell into each batch?

#880 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

As far as I know there are 24 in this shipment. I don't know how many were included in the 1st quarter shipping.

#881 2 years ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

The number on CT was 35 for the first batch. I was 34 and have not been contacted yet.

#882 2 years ago

I thought 22 went out in the first shipment and waiting for the second shipment no?

#883 2 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

I thought 22 went out in the first shipment and waiting for the second shipment no?

There was an initial shipment of like 6 games that have already been delivered. I think the second shipment is what a tracking number just got provided for? (to only one person?) Are you saying that this current shipment is 22?

#884 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There was an initial shipment of like 6 games that have already been delivered. I think the second shipment is what a tracking number just got provided for? (to only one person?) Are you saying that this current shipment is 22?

I got my shipment confirmation.... Sounds like the boat is leaving on the 25th and arriving on June 7th.

One super happy nerd right here!

#885 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yes

#886 2 years ago
Quoted from brado426:

I got my shipment confirmation.... Sounds like the boat is leaving on the 25th and arriving on June 7th.
One super happy nerd right here!

Congrats!

#887 2 years ago

It was meant to be shared so if you paid in full for a game already I would be happy to email it to you. It’s actually more of a shipping confirmation and not sure how to actually track it. It’s not suppose to depart until this coming Tuesday the 25th.

#888 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Tease us with a few LV features....dribble a few each month . June-July-Aug-Sept...
We should have a contest and the winner with the most correct wins the prize. We can make Red_Devils pay. HAHA

I have a guess on a feature that will NOT be in the LV: A playfield screen. If you think they'd go to the trouble of redesigning the playfield and light boards to simplify manufacturing, and then go and make two different versions? I don't see that happening. The Super Awesome podcast reveal from last December should have convinced everybody of this, but there are still doubters.

#889 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I have a guess on a feature that will NOT be in the LV: A playfield screen. If you think they'd go to the trouble of redesigning the playfield and light boards to simplify manufacturing, and then go and make two different versions? I don't see that happening. The Super Awesome podcast reveal from last December should have convinced everybody of this, but there are still doubters.

Well there's still people who think RAZA is going to ship...so..I guess people need dreams.

#890 2 years ago

Just got notified that mine is in that container, getting it a lot sooner than expected

#891 2 years ago

Haven't got a shipping notification yet but paid in full already and my game is #27, emailed asking Mellissa if my game would be on the 6/7 shipment.

#892 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Well there's still people who think RAZA is going to ship...so..I guess people need dreams.

What a mess that has been...almost 2 years ago I saw it and played it in Houston...

I dont need a PF screen. I can think of 5-6 other items to justify the 2k more..

This was a dream pin for many and that came true...LOL.

Hoping my other dream pin comes true-----The one who guesses it right get's a steak dinner at TPF.. Let's roll.

#893 2 years ago

What a mess that has been...almost 2 years ago I saw it and played it in Houston...
I dont need a PF screen. I can think of 5-6 other items to justify the 2k more..
Hoping my other dream pin comes true-----The one who guesses it right get's a steak dinner at TPF.. Let's roll.

Harry Potter? Jaws? BTTF? Troll 2?

#894 2 years ago

If it's not Evil Dead I have to write you out of the will.

#895 2 years ago
Quoted from seshpilot:

Harry Potter? Jaws? BTTF? Troll 2?

Nope!!!! nice guess.

#896 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If it's not Evil Dead I have to write you out of the will.

Nope.. HAHA

#897 2 years ago

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

#898 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Nope!!!

#899 2 years ago

Mad max or John Wick

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

7,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
There are 18,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/18?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.