Pinside_forum_8080234_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_9120 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9110 (resized).jpeg
atmel (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,807 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 377.
#9201 1 year ago

Ok, dum question here...where is the volume control? I am being blown away...disregard...found it.

#9202 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hey Alien owners. I just received my LV and am waiting on Tech Support. While waiting I was curious if others have experienced this issue : one pop bumper keeps auto firing without being hit by the ball but triggers with other switches being hit in the game. The coil gets very hot! Meanwhile, the other two bumpers are totally dead with no action.

Had anyone else experienced this?

#9203 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Hey Alien owners. I just received my LV and am waiting on Tech Support. While waiting I was curious if others have experienced this issue : one pop bumper keeps auto firing without being hit by the ball but triggers with other switches being hit in the game. The coil gets very hot! Meanwhile, the other two bumpers are totally dead with no action.

Quoted from PinBalt:

Had anyone else experienced this?

I've never seen this particular issue on this forum. Sounds to me like a faulty donut-shaped PCB under the playfield. I'm curious what the fix is from PB. If it is a bad PCB, they should be able to isolate it and get you a new one quickly.

#9204 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

I recently updated to 2.7
What is everyone's center magnet settings? I hardly get any catches.

#9205 1 year ago

Has any one received or payed for shipping for a sv yet in quarter 3 ?

#9206 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Is the pop bumper switch just too sensitive, and it's being activated by the vibration from other coils and potentially even itself? Equally are the other bumper switches either gapped too much or are permanently closed (causing the game to disable them)?

I'd suggest going into switch test mode and see what the pop bumper switches are doing

#9207 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I am starting to get cold feet again on this one, the original 2 month wait is turning into 5-6 months and now I do not know anymore... and I am now unsure if I even want anymore.
I also see people praising the game here, unboxing it and the next day -literally- I see the same person posting a for sale ad on the Facebook for sale group...
Love it love it love, best game ever the wife loves it.. BOOM, for sale AD the next day? what the heck... lol
The last few post of PF issues were a bit disheartening. As much as I have fun fixing pins I am not into doing a PF swap on a brand new game.
I was super excited to get this game 4 months ago, now I am 'whatever let's just get the next Stern'...
so what is it guys? why are some of you dropping this one like a hot potato and others loving it?
Not reliable enough? Not feeling PB is going to stick around?

Having bought this from someone who left a scathing review of this pin just after I bought it from him, a part of me thought “maybe it’s not that good”. After a month of play I just had my best game of 97m.

My assessment is as follows:

If you’re not hitting your shots it can be slow, clunky and frustrating. If you are, the 4 flippers all interconnect and flow. The modes are all varied and well thought out. They are fairly short. Starting one movie’s modes loops through to the other movie, so in one game you could have 10 modes and 5 multiballs.

The ramps are both fairly fast, the right can be made from both left flippers. The vent 3 loop from the top right flipper will rocket around to your bottom left flipper on occasions. The right loop is a little slow on mine, but this could be my setup or spinner.

In my best game that I just played, I played stranger things just before it.

It’s not as fast as that. But it pulls you into the modes and multiballs. It requires calculation and ball management. And once you chain your combos it speeds up.

I think it has been said but it’s like a wide body Bally/Williams. But with awesome immersive sound and light.

So am I going to sell it tomorrow? No, I will keep it for sometime. It’s not my wife’s fave, she prefers STH and GZ. I’m enjoying it. It’s not a stern. But you can only have so many sterns. I owned pirates as well. This is more cohesive and immersive than pirates.

#9208 1 year ago

Ok new one for those of you more tech savvy then myself.. Anyone know hwere i can purchase the button switches on the target/xeno switch assemblies? I had broken 2 switches from really hard ball hits and at 20 bucks a pop with shipping, maybe i could solder in a new switch and save some loot?

anyway.. thanks if you have anything for me.-BAG

#9209 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Ok new one for those of you more tech savvy then myself.. Anyone know hwere i can purchase the button switches on the target/xeno switch assemblies? I had broken 2 switches from really hard ball hits and at 20 bucks a pop with shipping, maybe i could solder in a new switch and save some loot?
anyway.. thanks if you have anything for me.-BAG

Check aliexpress, I have a bag of 50 of the switches they used on the early ones but now the version 3 switches have a longer stem

Edit: https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32857436208.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.483b5ec9wUNycO&algo_pvid=0331c7cb-5e34-4782-b416-80a04e0931bb&algo_exp_id=0331c7cb-5e34-4782-b416-80a04e0931bb-15&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2210000013440523631%22%7D&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21CAD%214.71%214.71%21%21%21%21%21%402101e9d416602294206942651e993a%2110000013440523631%21sea&curPageLogUid=VdIIUKMKgF64

2CF4D61C-1402-449F-B56C-45543AFDAD62 (resized).jpeg2CF4D61C-1402-449F-B56C-45543AFDAD62 (resized).jpeg

#9211 1 year ago

Measurements of one of my xeno new switches

134A14E4-8E27-48C8-AB2D-3869940C1C8C (resized).jpeg134A14E4-8E27-48C8-AB2D-3869940C1C8C (resized).jpeg332E7878-B81C-4F84-8FE6-CC4B74A8B16B (resized).jpeg332E7878-B81C-4F84-8FE6-CC4B74A8B16B (resized).jpeg
#9212 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Measurements of one of my xeno new switches
[quoted image][quoted image]

Always appreciate the assist.. i got 50 of these coming in from Ali... cost me like 2 bucks with shipping.. crazy.. if too long, ill dremel them down a bit. too late now, but do i need to worry about ohms?

#9213 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Having bought this from someone who left a scathing review of this pin just after I bought it from him, a part of me thought “maybe it’s not that good”. After a month of play I just had my best game of 97m.
My assessment is as follows:
If you’re not hitting your shots it can be slow, clunky and frustrating. If you are, the 4 flippers all interconnect and flow. The modes are all varied and well thought out. They are fairly short. Starting one movie’s modes loops through to the other movie, so in one game you could have 10 modes and 5 multiballs.
The ramps are both fairly fast, the right can be made from both left flippers. The vent 3 loop from the top right flipper will rocket around to your bottom left flipper on occasions. The right loop is a little slow on mine, but this could be my setup or spinner.
In my best game that I just played, I played stranger things just before it.
It’s not as fast as that. But it pulls you into the modes and multiballs. It requires calculation and ball management. And once you chain your combos it speeds up.
I think it has been said but it’s like a wide body Bally/Williams. But with awesome immersive sound and light.
So am I going to sell it tomorrow? No, I will keep it for sometime. It’s not my wife’s fave, she prefers STH and GZ. I’m enjoying it. It’s not a stern. But you can only have so many sterns. I owned pirates as well. This is more cohesive and immersive than pirates.

Yep, this all lines up for me except my right orbit feels pretty quick. Mine is between a GZ and STh oddly and it is the perfect break from a Stern. I just beat Self Destruct and Mando is the only new Stern I remember that has that feel of those tense moments but that is a Dwight hallmark. Stern are fast and fun but generally not immersive.

#9214 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yep, this all lines up for me except my right orbit feels pretty quick. Mine is between a GZ and STh oddly and it is the perfect break from a Stern. I just beat Self Destruct and Mando is the only new Stern I remember that has that feel of those tense moments but that is a Dwight hallmark. Stern are fast and fun but generally not immersive.

Wait till you get to all out war... all completed modes feed those scores, can really wrack up some numbers..... love this pin.

#9215 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Wait till you get to all out war... all completed modes feed those scores, can really wrack up some numbers..... love this pin.

Oh man, that will take a beat. My high now is like 121M but getting hyper sleep mb in a game I also beat loader and self destruct seems like quite the accomplishment.

Edit: oh, just any completed modes. yeah, that would be crazy.

#9216 1 year ago
Quoted from Weeedoggie:

Has any one received or payed for shipping for a sv yet in quarter 3 ?

Still waiting on an SV paid in full Sept 21

#9217 1 year ago

Hi all, new LV owner here and having some issues. The game worked great when it arrived, except the left speaker light didn't work. Opened up the backbox box and it was just unplugged, easy fix. The game worked great after that for an hour or so, then I decided to update from 2.6 to 2.7. It rebooted as expected, but none of the buttons worked and I couldn't start a game. I restarted it again, now I get the volume flicker screen and nothing works. Unless a board in one of the boxes failed, I have a hard time believing it's a connectivity issue of any sort. I checked all three fuses in the playfield box with a multimeter and they're all good. Swapped them around just to see, no change. I then replaced each of the four USB cords with a spare I had, one at a time, no change. I then swapped in a new ethernet cord between the backbox box and the playfield box, no change. Then I swapped the ethernet cord between the playfield box and the cabinet box, no change. I'm actively working with support but it's slow going, so I thought I would drop a note here and see if anyone here had any other ideas based on past troubleshooting. I searched the forum, but all I've found is "check the fuses", which I did. Thanks in advance!

#9218 1 year ago

Check if the fuse is able to move inside the fuse cap. Fuse is spring loaded and if it don't bounce back it will not be connecting

#9219 1 year ago
Quoted from Play_Hard:

Check if the fuse is able to move inside the fuse cap. Fuse is spring loaded and if it don't bounce back it will not be connecting

You know, I have noticed that the fuse holders don't exactly spring out when you undo them like I'm used to seeing. I have to grip them with needle nose pliers to pull them out. You may just be on to something.

#9220 1 year ago

Has anyone figured out a fix for the crackling audio in attract mode?

#9221 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

You know, I have noticed that the fuse holders don't exactly spring out when you undo them like I'm used to seeing. I have to grip them with needle nose pliers to pull them out. You may just be on to something.

Man, I really thought that was going to be it. The copper rings in the fuse caps were deformed and the fuse couldn't slip in and out of them freely. I fixed them up, the fuses slide properly now, and the caps spring in and out of the sockets like they should (but weren't). I really thought that was going to be it but, alas, no dice. Still flickering volume.

#9222 1 year ago

Sorry post delete, I was wrong

#9223 1 year ago

Man, I really thought that was going to be it. The copper rings in the fuse caps were deformed and the fuse couldn't slip in and out of them freely. I fixed them up, the fuses slide properly now, and the caps spring in and out of the sockets like they should (but weren't). I really thought that was going to be it but, alas, no dice. Still flickering volume.

PB support just had me disassemble the playfield control box to look for disconnected or faulty internal wiring, but I could find no issues. I took the opportunity to do a continuity test across all three fuses from the through-hole pins behind the board, and they were all good, so the fuses and their sockets are definitely good. Waiting for next steps from PB support. I'll let everyone here know if we manage to figure it out.

#9224 1 year ago

PB support just had me disassemble the playfield control box to look for disconnected or faulty internal wiring, but I could find no issues. I took the opportunity to do a continuity test across all three fuses from the through-hole pins behind the board, and they were all good, so the fuses and their sockets are definitely good. Waiting for next steps from PB support. I'll let everyone here know if we manage to figure it out.

Looks like they're declaring it a faulty box and shipping me a new one. We'll see how it goes once that arrives. While it is unfortunate to have such a major issue so soon, I have to say, their support and service has been truly excellent - on a level you just don't see much these days. I'm very impressed.

#9225 1 year ago

Looks like they're declaring it a faulty box and shipping me a new one. We'll see how it goes once that arrives. While it is unfortunate to have such a major issue so soon, I have to say, their support and service has been truly excellent - on a level you just don't see much these days. I'm very impressed.

Yeah, that is a bummer to hear but my experience with their support matches yours.

#9226 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Yeah, that is a bummer to hear but my experience with their support matches yours.

Pbros support is putting on a clinic for all others to follow, truth. Now would i prefer a trouble free experience? Yep, but to have support stand by their product and be responsive, that is just as good. My issues are resolved, my machine plays fast and mean and i love it.

#9227 1 year ago

Sorry for this stupid question, I'm still new to pinball... Any advice on the perfect leveling for this game? I guess front and back bottom of cab to floor measurements?

#9228 1 year ago
Quoted from PBlank:

Sorry for this stupid question, I'm still new to pinball... Any advice on the perfect leveling for this game? I guess front and back bottom of cab to floor measurements?

The best is to use a digital level on the playfield. Should be 6.5° front to back and obviously level side to side.

#9229 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The best is to use a digital level on the playfield. Should be 6.5° front to back and obviously level side to side.

Suffering RSI, I also find it worthwhile to get the front legs up at least halfway first and the use the level to work out the back legs. All personal choice of course but I find the front height for flipper buttons is important for comfort.

#9230 1 year ago

Well 7 years, 9 months, and 24 days after initially placing my deposit... my Alien LE is finally here. Only had time to play a few games but everything appears to operate 100% out of the box which is a big relief.

Only feedback I would give is about the packaging. I'm not sure how this thing made it from Europe to my house without any damage but by blind luck. The FedEx guy actually wouldn't leave and told me I should open it because of how banged up the box was.

#9231 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Well 7 years, 9 months, and 24 days after initially placing my deposit... my Alien LE is finally here. Only had time to play a few games but everything appears to operate 100% out of the box which is a big relief.
Only feedback I would give is about the packaging. I'm not sure how this thing made it from Europe to my house without any damage but by blind luck. The FedEx guy actually wouldn't leave and told me I should open it because of how banged up the box was.

That's crazy. Ours showed up almost pristine. A little bit of typical shipping damage on the box edges, but the game was in PERFECT condition.

#9232 1 year ago

It's pretty bad just how many and how often these boxes (a very major component) fail, including mine! They really need to hammer their supplier of these.

#9233 1 year ago

What settings do you change to make the center magnet trigger sooner? I’m getting 0 catches or flings on any alien hit.

#9234 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

What do you expect, it was 7 years underway

#9235 1 year ago

I just started getting the blue volume screen after boot-up as well. I submitted a ticket after going through all the fuses and cable connections. One thing I noticed with my issue is that the flippers remain active...I can't do anything else with the machine, but my flippers are working...are yours?

#9236 1 year ago
Quoted from fsumassey:

What settings do you change to make the center magnet trigger sooner? I’m getting 0 catches or flings on any alien hit.

Do the below test about 3 times before making a final determination. It may work the first time, but not the second or third.

If you have System Update 2.5, 2.6, or 2.7:
1. Take the glass off
2. Start a game.
3. Press the Xeno target until there is only one Xeno target hit left to trigger Ambush mode
4. Grab a ball and with one hand, hold it on the magnet and press the Xeno target the final time with your other hand. This will activate Ambush mode.
5. Notice if the center magnet grabs the ball and then immediately drops it before the Xeno tongue can come out and grab it.

If #5 is true, then this problem will very likely be solved in System Update 2.8. This issue does not exist on all machines, but it is a confirmed issue on multiple machines.

If #5 is not true, then your issue may be with the ball hopping over the center magnet after hitting the Xeno target. In this case, I would recommend this solution: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAbEz6VHpTw8Kl0FMe9Gfh8GaA52Q2-uChS36ffJNn4/edit?usp=sharing

#9237 1 year ago
Quoted from brado426:

Do the below test about 3 times before making a final determination. It may work the first time, but not the second or third.
If you have System Update 2.5, 2.6, or 2.7:
1. Take the glass off
2. Start a game.
3. Press the Xeno target until there is only one Xeno target hit left to trigger Ambush mode
4. Grab a ball and with one hand, hold it on the magnet and press the Xeno target the final time with your other hand. This will activate Ambush mode.
5. Notice if the center magnet grabs the ball and then immediately drops it before the Xeno tongue can come out and grab it.
If #5 is true, then this problem will very likely be solved in System Update 2.8. This issue does not exist on all machines, but it is a confirmed issue on multiple machines.
If #5 is not true, then your issue may be with the ball hopping over the center magnet after hitting the Xeno target. In this case, I would recommend this solution: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nAbEz6VHpTw8Kl0FMe9Gfh8GaA52Q2-uChS36ffJNn4/edit?usp=sharing

Here's a video of the center magnet ball-drop issue happening that I have confirmed is fixed in 2.8 beta 6. This is why I'm relatively confident that it will be fixed in the official 2.8 release when it is made available.

#9238 1 year ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I just started getting the blue volume screen after boot-up as well. I submitted a ticket after going through all the fuses and cable connections. One thing I noticed with my issue is that the flippers remain active...I can't do anything else with the machine, but my flippers are working...are yours?

Yep, same for me.

#9239 1 year ago

PB Brothers had me send in a video of the issue...guess we will see what the remedy is...they do seem committed to ensuring we get our games up and running.

#9240 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

What do you expect, it was 7 years underway

Ahahaha fair point

#9241 1 year ago

I continue to have frustration with my xeno tongue stopping prematurely. The switch is working as it should, the thing just think it is at zero when it isn't all the way back. Next time I'm on site I'm going to check that the gear is tight but it was when I first investigated this issue if anybody has any recommendations on other things to look at.

When diagnosing I did the loop test for a few goes. The playfield and magnet were extremely hot after just a handful of reps and took over an hour to cool down. I wouldn't be surprised if my magnet coil was damaged. Don't run that loop for very long.

The drop issue is something that could be duct tape fixed in code. If position equals zero, switch equals inactive, and ball in airlock scoop equals false, I have fucked up. PB hire me now.

#9242 1 year ago

So I’m still pretty much on the fence with Alien. A lot of it has to do with what seems like the majority of the last 180 odd pages where there seems like nothing but problems. Computers dying and other major faults. Yes I understand there’s going to be faults here or there but something major like the computer dying really has me in two thoughts especially picking up a second hand one. Does the warranty transfer?

#9243 1 year ago

I'd get that info direct from PB my dude.

#9244 1 year ago

Got my "topper" installed

20220813_155727 (resized).jpg20220813_155727 (resized).jpg
#9245 1 year ago

OK I'm having a real hard time figuring out how to get the playfield to lock upright so I can get underneath to diagnose some things. I'm not sure why I can't figure this out, but I've damn near pulled a disc in my back trying to get it to lock.

The playfield comes out to the incline, and should then come all the way up the incline and then I should be able to lean it back and lock it in correct? It just won't work for me, each time it just slides back down the incline.

What's the trick to pull it out and lock it upright?

20220814_105740 (resized).jpg20220814_105740 (resized).jpg20220814_105809 (resized).jpg20220814_105809 (resized).jpg20220814_105915 (resized).jpg20220814_105915 (resized).jpg
#9246 1 year ago

Pull it all the way forward then stand it upright. She’ll stay. Kind of an odd way to design it. The metal on metal scraping sound isn’t great either. Make sure it pulled all the way forward though.

#9247 1 year ago

Watch you don’t pinch any wires when you’re putting it back down as well. My buddy had that happen. Caused all kinds of issues till he figured it out.

#9248 1 year ago

Or to answer you’re questions specifically up the incline.

#9249 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Pull it all the way forward then stand it upright. She’ll stay. Kind of an odd way to design it. The metal on metal scraping sound isn’t great either. Make sure it pulled all the way forward though.

A drop or two of 3 in 1 oil on each rail completely eliminates scraping sounds.

#9250 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I pull it all the way forward and leaving it horizontal, it immediately starts to slide back down the incline. So then, I try and really get under the playfield and keep it all the way at the top of the incline, and life it vertical (which is not easy due to the weight) and it does not lock in and then starts to slide back down the incline.

It's almost like my machine is missing something there so it's not locking in. Very frustrating

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Boynton Beach, FL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

There are 18,807 posts in this topic. You are on page 185 of 377.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/185?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.