2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 372.
#9001 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

I repaired my chipped playfield upper post section, I can tell you that the original post will flex over time & this will cause the the paint to dint in & chip off doesn't matter if you have the PF version with no artwork, its a bad decision to remake this thin/short metric post 4mm thread & T-nut.
Should have used what was already available on the parts shelf IMHO,
The playfield clear coat is very soft & I have noticed pooling around lots of plastic & metal posts, dimples very easy so you'll need to mylar the ball drops in the inlanes.
Some pics of the repairs,
I used these bits.
10/32 long tread metal post.
cliffy carbon fibre washers.
metal washer & 10/32 low profile lock nut.
used a old metal post I had & drilled & tapped it out 3mm long spacer used this to take up the void from the 10/32 T-nut - top of playfield.
I dont like the look of the fibre washers under the plastic sling posts but had no other choices.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Wow this is really dissapointing. I thought these playfields were better than the other crap from Germany made by robots.

#9002 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Quick question. Having a few issues with my Alien LV. My launch on the game is clicking and going on a off quite a bit. No ball is kicking out? It’s annoying. The trough also appears off as during some multiballs only one ball plays one ball??? Weird. If more than one play ball is in play during multiball and one ball drains the game ends?? Any idea what is causing this. PB already send me a new main board and no changes. Any ideas?

Hey there - I have had both of these problems, I bet $100 both are caused by balls magnetically sticking in the trough, even if it just causes them to roll down too slowly it can confuse the ball count. You probably need to cut a plastic trough shim. I bet if you lean over and look down the drain while a ball is being served you will see them sticking up in there

#9003 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

Hey there - I have had both of these problems, I bet $100 both are caused by balls magnetically sticking in the trough, even if it just causes them to roll down too slowly it can confuse the ball count. You probably need to cut a plastic trough shim. I bet if you lean over and look down the drain while a ball is being served you will see them sticking up in there

Needs to be a sticky comment, but all new Alien owners need to replace balls ASAP and watch for magnetism. Stock balls just suck. Mine looked like they were thrown down the street a few times.

#9004 1 year ago
Quoted from Baggerman:

Needs to be a sticky comment, but all new Alien owners need to replace balls ASAP and watch for magnetism. Stock balls just suck. Mine looked like they were thrown down the street a few times.

Agreed my stock balls didnt look great areived with scratches all over. I did save them however, tossed then in my tumbler for 6 hours with a couple squirts of 3m 'perfect it' #2 polish, and they came out perfectly glassy and ended up in another game Im cheap though

20220707_124733.jpg20220707_124733.jpg
#9005 1 year ago
Quoted from mitchzizzle:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/130#post-6853782

#9006 1 year ago

New issue on my game. After picking up the ball in Ambush multiball, the tongue will not release it. It just sits inside the mouth until ball search at which point it will re-extend itself and then let go of the ball before closing again. Anyone else experience similar issues and if so how did you fix it?

#9007 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

New issue on my game. After picking up the ball in Ambush multiball, the tongue will not release it. It just sits inside the mouth until ball search at which point it will re-extend itself and then let go of the ball before closing again. Anyone else experience similar issues and if so how did you fix it?

I did have that, first try a xeno calibration, if not that try removing the head and adjusting the tongue switch. There’s lots of posts about that.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/35#post-6408922

#9008 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Note, the tongue doesn't 'release' the ball. The tongue is a permanent magnet. It should retract enough that the ball gets pushed off the magnet

#9009 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Note, the tongue doesn't 'release' the ball. The tongue is a permanent magnet. It should retract enough that the ball gets pushed off the magnet

That makes sense. I’ve also noticed the tongue not retracting fully into the mouth. That must be causing the issue.

#9010 1 year ago
Quoted from skywalker:

I had a weird issue with the launch randomly going off, not know if this will help you out but it seemed to cure my issue.
Not sure if you noticed the ball launch plunger is a VUK style & hits the lane switch,
I fitted a B/W style thin tipped plunger & adjusted the switch sensitivity & fitted a switch stack spacer under the switch mount & all seems good.
not sure why they fitted that style plunger.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks. I will check it out!

#9011 1 year ago

LV-94 has landed!
Everything is working perfectly gamewise, however the coin door seems warped, almost impossible to re-lock it.
The two clasps for the lock down bar, they get trapped under the field if you pull it out and slide it back in - other folks experience that? Seems like a design flaw. Have to make sure they are “up” before sliding the field back into place.

B4990B65-E86F-464C-B72B-2B3A667EC203 (resized).jpegB4990B65-E86F-464C-B72B-2B3A667EC203 (resized).jpeg

#9012 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

LV-94 has landed!
Everything is working perfectly famewise, however the coin door seems warped, almost impossible to re-lock it.
The two clasps for the lock down bar, they get trapped under the field if you pull it out and slide it back in - other folks experience that? Seems like a design flaw. Have to make sure they are “up” before sliding the field back into place.
[quoted image]

Yeah the clasp thing is super annoying! Especially since you have to screw the playfield back down! I always forget, then put the lockdown bar back on and.... DAMMIT!

#9013 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Yeah the clasp thing is super annoying! Especially since you have to screw the playfield back down! I always forget, then put the lockdown bar back on and.... DAMMIT!

Huh I don’t screw the playfield down since I got it over a year ago, I assume those are for shipping

#9014 1 year ago

Are target lights now supposed to work on the SV? Only target 2 lights up on mine (target 1 on the board). Also target 5 not registering at all. Actual switch is fine works great when I swap it to other boards. Tried resetting cables, no luck. As I plug and unplug the connection between board 3 and 6 it will register. All other targets are fine.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#9015 1 year ago

Target lights aren't supposed to light up on the SV. Sounds like either the firmware is screwy? Or you may have a bad board (regarding the switches not registering).

#9016 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Target lights aren't supposed to light up on the SV. Sounds like either the firmware is screwy? Or you may have a bad board (regarding the switches not registering).

Thanks. I thought since the LVs were working than SV would work as well. PB are talking to me about target 5.

#9017 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks. I thought since the LVs were working than SV would work as well. PB are talking to me about target 5.

To clarify the small targets don't. The big ones should.

#9018 1 year ago

Yep. That’s what I’m seeing.

#9019 1 year ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Huh I don’t screw the playfield down since I got it over a year ago, I assume those are for shipping

That's a fair point I don't think it's necessary (none of the other playfields do that). It's still annoying anyway dammit!

#9020 1 year ago

Ok, so i have now successfully resolved my chest burster lane random detection.

For me it was important to make sure that with the factory default settings of chest burster lane easy, the lane will detect every time it is supposed in either direction of ball travel within the rules framework stated here by ferret

"Make sure "Chestburster Lane Difficulty" is set to Easy. (Hard requires both the proximity sensor and the standup at the end of the lane, which can be, well, hard. Easy requires only the prox sensor.)"

E089085A-1E48-4AAC-852B-AD6FDB4809B7 (resized).jpegE089085A-1E48-4AAC-852B-AD6FDB4809B7 (resized).jpeg

I know some believe that when the ball moves downwards in the lane it should be random as to when the lane detects, or it should not do so, but i believe this makes the game too hard and almost impossible to move through the save newt mode on purpose (ie actively shooting this) as the progress is often halted at this shot. Also it makes game play confusing for the magnet detection rules, as most shot attempts for a hyper sleep lock come from a downward ball travel. I believe that the positioning of the proximity switch was placed in the wrong place and too far to the right. Realigning the pcb board with the proximity sensor on does help, but does not cure the issue completely. (There is a small amount of adjustment (around 5mm) that you can move the board left and right ,up and down, within the confines of the playfield cutouts etc.)

So my solution was to make an extra lane guide to neatly fit and extend the current lane guide near the bottom/lower jet. There is no distruption of the bottom jet action or upwards shots in the lane. The extra guide serves to just move the ball over to the rhs of the lane as it moves downwards and trigger the proximity sensor properly. I have been trying out a few proto pieces (3d printed in white for testing only) and the difference is pretty amazing. The rules in place now make total sense and attempting hyper sleep locks is much more controllable. Also save newt progress is greatly improved.

I will print the final piece in clear and attach it to the existing lane guide vertical side edge with alittle double side tape. The next part of this project will be to make a full guide replacement for both pieces in one, where you can just swap the guide out if you want to.

I am happy to share this 3d model with anyone with a 3d printer who fancies trying it out and seeing if it improves your game. I don't want to start another 'discussion' on lane rules, but if you want to try it out and see for yourself, then drop me a pm.

IMG_3755 (resized).JPGIMG_3755 (resized).JPGIMG_3752 (resized).JPGIMG_3752 (resized).JPGIMG_3750 (resized).JPGIMG_3750 (resized).JPGIMG_3757 (resized).JPGIMG_3757 (resized).JPG

#9021 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Ok, so i have now successfully resolved my chest burster lane random detection.
For me it was important to make sure that with the factory default settings of chest burster lane easy, the lane will detect every time it is supposed in either direction of ball travel within the rules framework stated here by ferret
"Make sure "Chestburster Lane Difficulty" is set to Easy. (Hard requires both the proximity sensor and the standup at the end of the lane, which can be, well, hard. Easy requires only the prox sensor.)"
[quoted image]
I know some believe that when the ball moves downwards in the lane it should be random as to when the lane detects, or it should not do so, but i believe this makes the game too hard and almost impossible to move through the save newt mode on purpose (ie actively shooting this). Also it makes game play confusing for the magnet detection rules, as most shot attempts for a hyper sleep lock come from a downward ball travel and the save newt progress is often halted at the chestburster shot. I believe that the positioning of the proximity switch was placed in the wrong place and too far to the right. Realigning the pcb board with the proximity sensor on does help, but does not cure the issue completely. (There is a small amount of adjustment (around 5mm) that you can move the board left and right ,up and down, within the confines of the playfield cutouts etc.)
So my solution was to make an extra lane guide to neatly fit and extend the current lane guide near the bottom/lower jet. There is no distruption of the bottom jet action or upwards shots in the lane. The extra guide serves to just move the ball over to the rhs of the lane as it moves downwards and trigger the proximity sensor properly. I have been trying out a few proto pieces (3d printed in white for testing only) and the difference is pretty amazing. The rules in place now make total sense and attempting hyper sleep locks is much more controllable. Also save newt progress is greatly improved.
I will print the final piece in clear and attach it to the existing lane guide vertical side edge with alittle double side tape. The next part of this project will be to make a full guide replacement for both pieces in one, where you can just swap the guide out if you want to.
I am happy to share this 3d model with anyone with a 3d printer who fancies trying it out and seeing if it improves your game. I don't want to start another 'discussion' on lane rules, but if you want to try it out and see for yourself, then drop me a pm.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very cool work and great testing. I can easily understand what you are attempting here and I wouldn't mind trying it out as I can see how it would improve the feed. I still don't have a 3D printer though so I guess I will have to hope someone will make them for others.

#9022 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Very cool work and great testing. I can easily understand what you are attempting here and I wouldn't mind trying it out as I can see how it would improve the feed. I still don't have a 3D printer though so I guess I will have to hope someone will make them for others.

I am happy to print and ship them to anyone, but i am in the uk so the shipping is usually around £15 min tracked for small items. I was thinking of mainly offering printed parts once i have a full replacement guide that you can swap over.

#9023 1 year ago
Quoted from applejuice:

I am happy to print and ship them to anyone, but i am in the uk so the shipping is usually around £15 min tracked for small items. I was thinking of mainly offering printed parts once i have a full replacement guide that you can swap over.

Thanks, it's really nice of you to even offer. I would like that but it probably makes more sense to wait for the completed one? Also, different thread but thanks for your work on the GotG code. Is your company called Orange Cloud Software?

#9024 1 year ago

I really disagree with your assessment of how it should work, but hey, it's your game!! I don't find this game 'hard' or that shot that hard, it's all a timing thing. The magnet is just there to make it slightly easier. I don't think it should be a 100% of the time handicap. The difficulty of that shot is what makes hitting it exhilarating. I would think setting it to easy would be good enough.

I actually think the right vent shot is the hardest in the game...where you are less likely to hit it on purpose and more likely for the ball to bounce into it on accident.

I think people get too stuck on Sterns wide open easy flow shots and don't realize not all games are meant or supposed to be like that.

#9025 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Thanks, it's really nice of you to even offer. I would like that but it probably makes more sense to wait for the completed one? Also, different thread but thanks for your work on the GotG code. Is your company called Orange Cloud Software?

Yeah wait for the full one is probably best i would think where shipping is involved. I will also be able to tweak it alittle more to. Not to go off tangent, but yes it was good to help cleland out with that. and yes, that is me. I use the name myPinballs Electronics mostly these days and work on all sorts of pinball and arcade hardware & software projects. Been doing it full time for just over 10 years, but collecting for 30 plus.

#9026 1 year ago

Can someone explain how the guns work?...ammo collected etc....can't seem to find anything via search on this thread...

#9027 1 year ago
Quoted from monkfe:

Can someone explain how the guns work?...ammo collected etc....can't seem to find anything via search on this thread...

Shoot all 5 weapons targets to earn weapons in order
hand gun adds +2 to bonus multiplier
Shotgun removes 2 xeno hits from count for Ambush mode
Smart gun grabs highest value item off playfield
pulse rifle starts 2x scoring
flamethrower adds 3 second ball save.. i think that is it.

Activate weapon by hitting launch button..

Flippers cycle weapons.. so if you have flamethrower, cycle to it, hit launch when you drain...

#9028 1 year ago

I spoke too soon.
Main display didn't come on today, everything else seemed to be working ok (played a game without the backscreen).
Popped the top and the backglass to check connections, closed it back up and now.... nothing.
No signs of life.

#9029 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

I spoke too soon.
Main display didn't come on today, everything else seemed to be working ok (played a game without the backscreen).
Popped the top and the backglass to check connections, closed it back up and now.... nothing.
No signs of life.

This thread surely isn't giving me confidence in my deposit lol

#9030 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

THey still have a gitch or two software wise with this one.. turn it off wait 30 seconds and then back on again.. it comes back.. It is a very rare occurance on my machine.

#9031 1 year ago

Problem identified….wtf….main power outlet wiring

369BBF56-67D5-46A0-B055-FADF8C05E862 (resized).jpeg369BBF56-67D5-46A0-B055-FADF8C05E862 (resized).jpeg
#9032 1 year ago
Quoted from K9Marshal:

No excuse but the worst experience I've ever had is with Spooky and it was awful. I or my friends have had a miserable experience with every manufacturer. Pinball is hard and sometimes you order a new Stern and have to spend countless hours fixing something as simple as a scoop.

#9033 1 year ago

Considering how far this pinball has travelled, I am amazed how well it faired, and how well a lot of delicate components managed to arrive without any sort of issues - great job thinking out how to ship this item safely.
BUT.... A power outlet wired up with some crimp connectors - this right here seems like a questionable design choice with significant potential failure..

#9034 1 year ago

Any idea how to check the fuses?
They have a directional arrow on them, I assumed they unscrew but they don’t seem to be coming out.

7CCBBFD7-EFFF-4F9C-AA28-1F3396A24CC2 (resized).jpeg7CCBBFD7-EFFF-4F9C-AA28-1F3396A24CC2 (resized).jpeg
#9035 1 year ago

they twist in with a postion that locks/unlocks. I had to use a pair of needle nose to spin them and pull them out. They are spring loaded so they should pop out, but they dont always.

#9036 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

No excuse but the worst experience I've ever had is with Spooky and it was awful. I or my friends have had a miserable experience with every manufacturer. Pinball is hard and sometimes you order a new Stern and have to spend countless hours fixing something as simple as a scoop.

Very true. Spooky was tough, ACNC was a nightmare. AMH perfect? Weird. Stern some issues, JJ no issues. PB issues for sure. American Pinball- one issue. Ultimately as long as the machine arrives safely everything else can be repaired!

#9037 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks. Kurt from KJS Pinball in

Problem identified….wtf….main power outlet wiring
[quoted image]

I believe these are assembled in Italy correct? There are a lot of jokes around concerning there lack of quality control in production of automobiles ect .i had problems and replaced everything under the playfield except power supply and it’s rock solid now but I am surprised the new games are still having issues but I am confident in pinball bros customer service!

#9038 1 year ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Any idea how to check the fuses?
They have a directional arrow on them, I assumed they unscrew but they don’t seem to be coming out.[quoted image]

Im having an issue now as well where I have to disconnect that entire box. Anyone know how to unscrew that box without removing the playfield? PB tech said it can be done with PF vertical but I dont see the two screws holding it in

#9039 1 year ago

I'd be curious if anyone who actually works at the factory is into pinball and owns one of these.

#9040 1 year ago

Ok, totally rebuilt the plug, reseated the fuses (holders seem a bit temperamental) and back in business! Everything seems to be working!
Man this game plays smooth, this is a keeper! Will definitely need kid gloves due to some questionable design decisions but hopefully we’ll worth it!
Wife gives it two thumbs up as well… lol!

#9041 1 year ago

So hoping someone can help here. I disconnected the black box and checked for loose wires. Still same issue when botting stuck on the volume.

Then i replaced that little phone usb cable and reconnected everything. Now it shows this message. Anyone know what to do next?

“Cabinet I/O not found
Check dip setting =0
And usb cables connected”

Ive checked the cables all seems
Tight. Anything else?

#9042 1 year ago

If you've checked the fuses, contact PB because you need a new playfield controller box.

The crimps on all of these connectors are atrocious. Don't pull on anything because there is a good chance it will pop out.

My side blades did not light. The crimps were bad, and the 12v and ground wires were reversed from what was coming out of the box, so even if the crimps were right it would not have worked. Looks beautiful all lit up now!

#9043 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

So hoping someone can help here. I disconnected the black box and checked for loose wires. Still same issue when botting stuck on the volume.
Then i replaced that little phone usb cable and reconnected everything. Now it shows this message. Anyone know what to do next?
“Cabinet I/O not found
Check dip setting =0
Tight. Anything else?

Are you getting help from PB? Shawn is helping me with my target issue and the response from these guys is really quick. Never experienced this level of support from a pinball vendor before.

#9044 1 year ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

“Cabinet I/O not found
Check dip setting =0
Tight. Anything else?

had the same thing happen...left the machine on for like 15 minutes...and it suddendly went into attract mode...checked all the usb connections and they all were in...only one that seemed off was the most left one on the playfield control box...seemed really loose when inserted...been booting since though with no issues...

#9045 1 year ago

Yea the left one is tight and being pulled to the right. But ive still checked it each time and made sure its in there ok.

Shawn is going to send a replacement box.

This stuff(and lack of gameplay video) is the reason i havent pre ordered queen.

#9046 1 year ago

Regarding shaker experience of OG vs PB, both are rather lacking in my opinion but I feel like PB version with the updated code has it used in a few more spots. Can’t guarantee but from what I recall with my experience with both versions. I know for sure its an area that can still be used more.

I just love the real ball lock and how that was implemented in the PB version. Such a nice upgrade but I’m a sucker for true ball locks in games. It just fits well bc the balls basically act as people “sleeping” / locked in the chamber

#9047 1 year ago

IMO the number one thing this game needs is to reduce the in-scoop time when it isn't starting a mode. Slows the game down way too much and ends up there quite frequently. I know you need to wait for the ball to settle but it should be fairly easy to program.

Had the problem with the ball not being pulled back far enough occasionally, but the tongue seems to be calibrated. Couldn't make it happen when I was on location working on it the other day but i know it was happening intermittently. Is the switch leaf falling off the side of the tongue / rail thing or something? It should be consistently one way or the other if it's the switch needing adjusted, and when it does happen it is off by a lot.

One more gripe... the spinners are not made right. If you get the arms to be all lined up properly the spinner will sit horizontal. The arms need to look like they are shrugging to get the spinner to sit right. Anybody try to replace theirs with Sterns or other pieces?

#9048 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Very true. Spooky was tough, ACNC was a nightmare. AMH perfect? Weird. Stern some issues, JJ no issues. PB issues for sure. American Pinball- one issue. Ultimately as long as the machine arrives safely everything else can be repaired!

Oh yeah, I owned ACNC and it recalibrated how bad I think owning a specific pinball could be. It was built poorly and not designed well.

#9049 1 year ago

Just got notice mine is shipping!!!!

#9050 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Are you getting help from PB? Shawn is helping me with my target issue and the response from these guys is really quick. Never experienced this level of support from a pinball vendor before.

Shawn has been amazing. Incredibly responsive and their ticket and knowledge portal makes me wonder if Stern is even trying.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
There are 18,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 181 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/181?hl=jdub03 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.