2702EF4A-76D7-4D61-9210-CF410C594601 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2711 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20240325_231501 (resized).jpg
A6A6E2A3-579E-429A-93D8-6B77FC42C7B9 (resized).jpeg
69A6272E-06A0-46AB-882E-6F56825BDB2F (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 372.
#801 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

Concerning my MUTHUR lane kick, it used to be much powered until a screw became really lose and fell into the cab. Since i re-tight everything it became smoother. Maybe your have not a perfect alignement between coil and plunger ? and with coil power it blocks until a sudden release when a certain spot is reached ?? ... or mine is too underpowered ?

Interesting. There is not much clearance for the coil plunger to go through the playfield - I wonder if after your adjustment it is now rubbing against the playfield and that is causing it to reduce power. Just a guess. I'll be taking videos to try to diagnose further, and will work with Cato to come up with a better solution for everyone. I'm not the only one having problems.

Now, heres the other adjustments done on my machine :
Right + Left Flip = +10%
Upper Right Flip = +25% (as the Hypersleep ramp is pain to climb!)
Upper left Flip = Factory default to avoid drop targets destruction.
Lowered the kicker to -5% as sometimes the ball pulls out like hurricane.

I have not played with coil setting much, apart from the trough kickout and auto launcher, which I reduced some. They are not working 100% yet so I will continue tweaking these. I may increase the flipper strengths a bit as they are a bit underpowered (I've been playing too many Sterns).

Now, concerning the up posts by the bumpers, we have the same feeling here. It seems they don't always come out but not easy to check while playing.
I bet on a code issue for that.

I agree here. Pretty sure this is software related - or perhaps the proximity switches that detect the orbit shots are not 100% accurate. I wish through-playfield switches were used rather than proximity.

My main issues are/been :
Random Xeno initialization scheme
Random Xeno work : sometimes i feel like the xeno and the magnet are not working synchronioulsy
Lock 1 (opto) in Hypersleep chamber not perfectly aligned, now Opto 1 is fine but move to opto 3 (certainly after after re-assemblig the ramp)
Sometimes a ball step between reserve and shooting lane, due to the small plastic part which preserve the playfield but just shaking smoothly the machine pull the ball either back inside or in the lane.
And rarely randomly either the machine don't notice the (last) ball is drained or on the opposite consider you've lost the last ball then shut down flip and ... "You failed" ! :p

I think I've also run into just about all of these. I suspected a software issue with the hypersleep chamber coil as well, but maybe it is opto related. I'll need to look at that.

What a fun game though! I'm having a blast playing it.

#802 2 years ago
Quoted from BlackFlag:

May be in between Julien could step into this post and add his feedback in a written way ?
Thanks again for your kind feedback

Yes, would love to read Juliens feedback. I'm a fan of RBFlips video style. Good stuff!

#803 2 years ago

So again, I'm thrilled to see this game getting made and I absolutely wouldn't mind owning this game a third time. But I just got a chance to see that new video by BlackFlag, and thanks again for making that video! Really excellent quality video!

That said, I had to stop watching it.
I'm surprised that no one has brought this up already...
(Then again, maybe the gentleman playing the game did bring it up, but unfortunately, I don't speak French so I couldn't understand any of the language, and that's my bad)

Starting around their second game, at ~48:12 and just about every game forward (and at one point just about at every ball moving forward), multiple balls kept getting inappropriately shot into the trough and ejected out into play. Sometimes two balls, sometimes a third ball, one time all the balls just kept getting ejected out almost as if it was a multi-ball, but it wasn't. Personally, I couldn't even watch this any longer. I remember this happening on my first game. So absolutely frustrating. I ended up changing out the balls thinking that they were magnetized and to be honest, that helped. But this is a brand new game for these guys....so, if thats the case (magnetized balls), how could they be magnetized already during the first week or so of ownership? Maybe it's some type of opto problem? But I wouldn't think so because when you watch this happen, sometimes there's a ball already in play hitting switches, it's not like it inappropriately registered an early drained ball (as you don't see the scream again clip when the next ball gets shot out).
Yeah, that's a problem...
If that was happening to me on my first week of ownership of a brand new game, Id be so disappointed. I hope they get that sorted out, and I'm sure they will.

Another issue I noticed was at ~44:35, at a point where the xeno required more hits, activation of the magnet and the magnet tongue coming out and grabbing the ball, etc... the ambush MB started randomly after he hit the scoop for no real reason at all. Yeah, that's not right either.

I hope they get these key problems fixed/addressed sooner than later. Again, per report, it seems as the customer service at PB is very good, So I'm sure these issues are being noted and worked out.

#804 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

how could they be magnetized already during the first week or so of ownership?

Depending on the balls and the magnet, the balls will become magnetized the first time the magnet grabs it.

This issue did not happen on the one I played at all. There was a case where two balls were served into the shooter lane, but I think that was just the shooter lane switch not registering. In that case the ball wouldn’t launch until ball search cleared it.

#805 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

So again, I'm thrilled to see this game getting made and I absolutely wouldn't mind owning this game a third time. But I just got a chance to see that new video by BlackFlag, and thanks again for making that video! Really excellent quality video!
That said, I had to stop watching it.
I'm surprised that no one has brought this up already...
(Then again, maybe the gentleman playing the game did bring it up, but unfortunately, I don't speak French so I couldn't understand any of the language, and that's my bad)
Starting around their second game, at ~48:12 and just about every game forward (and at one point just about at every ball moving forward), multiple balls kept getting inappropriately shot into the trough and ejected out into play. Sometimes two balls, sometimes a third ball, one time all the balls just kept getting ejected out almost as if it was a multi-ball, but it wasn't. Personally, I couldn't even watch this any longer. I remember this happening on my first game. So absolutely frustrating. I ended up changing out the balls thinking that they were magnetized and to be honest, that helped. But this is a brand new game for these guys....so, if thats the case (magnetized balls), how could they be magnetized already during the first week or so of ownership? Maybe it's some type of opto problem? But I wouldn't think so because when you watch this happen, sometimes there's a ball already in play hitting switches, it's not like it inappropriately registered an early drained ball (as you don't see the scream again clip when the next ball gets shot out).
Yeah, that's a problem...
If that was happening to me on my first week of ownership of a brand new game, Id be so disappointed. I hope they get that sorted out, and I'm sure they will.
Another issue I noticed was at ~44:35, at a point where the xeno required more hits, activation of the magnet and the magnet tongue coming out and grabbing the ball, etc... the ambush MB started randomly after he hit the scoop for no real reason at all. Yeah, that's not right either.
I hope they get these key problems fixed/addressed sooner than later. Again, per report, it seems as the customer service at PB is very good, So I'm sure these issues are being noted and worked out.

Good eye, hopefully its something simple like a trough switch stuck closed or something

#806 2 years ago

I realize I'm no pinball engineer, and there's lots of parts to a machine, but wouldn't one assume that they would have tested the game enough to see things like what is mentioned here? I realize maybe not 100% of the code, but switches at the very least.

#807 2 years ago

Not happening on mine. I have had it enter a multiball at the start of a ball before, but believe that is a software glitch. There are certainly a few of those.

I’ve been pretty up front and honest about all the issues I’ve had with my machine. A lot of people avoid the first machines off a production line for this reason. I also am incredibly impressed with the response I’ve gotten from PB support to my issues. That’s why I’m not worried.

If you want all the bugs worked out BEFORE you buy - I’d wait another 3 months.

#808 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Both of these issues could be related to a stuck or flakey Xeno target switch, as I experienced once w my OG game. Just bringing it up as those switches are defintely challenged being used this way. I don't own this new version, so will refrain from posting here unless it might be helpful.....

Added over 3 years ago:

(I didn't watch the video fwiw)

#809 2 years ago

The talk of some switch issues makes me think there's a potential magnetic reed switch upgrade for some of these trouble spots. They are non-contact, so maybe an upgrade option? I did those on my rick and morty on some of the areas that the ball could miss a mechanical switch due to speed/clearance

#810 2 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

He fired the shotgun right when he entered the scoop to start it. It’s worth two Xeno hits and so started the Ambush Multiball. No error here.

#811 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamoraldus:

He fired the shotgun right when he entered the scoop to start it. It’s worth two Xeno hits and so started the Ambush Multiball. No error here.

Ah, fair enough, good eye! And that's a good move! That definitely caught my eye, and I missed him hitting that action button, so I'm glad that wasn't an issue. I always hit that weapon button just when about to drain too... sometimes you get lucky!! .

I was mainly concerned to see all the balls getting kicked out into the though on that video, that's definitely an issue for this gentleman. I hope he gets that sorted out, and I'm sure that he will. It does appear as though the PB support is really good, and that's really awesome to see.

#812 2 years ago
alienstream (resized).pngalienstream (resized).png
#813 2 years ago

Karl is my favourite streamer! So good and explains rules and strategy as he goes. Can't wait

#814 2 years ago

If you missed tonights stream from Karl at IEPinball here's the link to watch...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1023061398

Enjoy

#815 2 years ago

If you guys have inconsistent kick outs from the Motherhole this is what I did to fix it and it is now 99% consistent:

Above the hole there is a plastic piece. I took a piece of target backing foam and attached it to that plastic. Now it feeds the flipper every time.
Hope this helps if you have this problem.

07F25543-7731-4BDC-A74F-0A2185A3472C (resized).jpeg07F25543-7731-4BDC-A74F-0A2185A3472C (resized).jpeg1D0FF247-B1EB-4F94-A814-4E227859FBE6 (resized).jpeg1D0FF247-B1EB-4F94-A814-4E227859FBE6 (resized).jpeg
#816 2 years ago

It was a great stream. I was watching on a TV so wasn’t following chat but it sounded like Joe Schober was on explaining rules. There were a few glitches I saw, but I may have missed some as I was multi-tasking.

1) During the first game it got into a state where the game lost track of the number of balls and it wouldn’t allow one of the players to end their turn. There was a ball in the hypersleep lock and I think that was related. I’ve had a few times where a ball gets in there and will not be ejected. I’m sure this is a software bug.

2) Several times an extra ball got put into play during ball launch. I’ve not seen this happen on my machine so it is likely a flaky ball trough switch or shooter lane switch.

3) Flaky weapon target switch. No surprise here. I heard from PB support and they claim they have relocated the position of the micro switch on the target - not the kind of fix I was hoping for but I’ll wait till I get them to see for sure.

4) Similar issues I’ve reported with the up posts not stopping the ball during Derelict Ship. Pretty sure this is also a software issue.

Karl wasn’t able to get into a groove bouncing between chat and the 2 other players. They didn’t even get into hypersleep multiball the entire stream, though there were a few good scores posted. Stacking two multi-balls with a mode is clearly a great scoring strategy. I hadn’t grasped the power of the shotgun as a ball saver until this stream - this will be much easier when my weapon targets actually work.

#817 2 years ago
Quoted from Cigaretteman:

If you guys have inconsistent kick outs from the Motherhole this is what I did to fix it and it is now 99% consistent:
Above the hole there is a plastic piece. I took a piece of target backing foam and attached it to that plastic. Now it feeds the flipper every time.
Hope this helps if you have this problem.

Thanks for this tip. The feed was so smooth on the RB Flip and IE Pinball streams. I really want to fix mine and will give the foam a try.

#818 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

It was a great stream. I was watching on a TV so wasn’t following chat but it sounded like Joe Schober was on explaining rules. There were a few glitches I saw, but I may have missed some as I was multi-tasking.
1) During the first game it got into a state where the game lost track of the number of balls and it wouldn’t allow one of the players to end their turn. There was a ball in the hypersleep lock and I think that was related. I’ve had a few times where a ball gets in there and will not be ejected. I’m sure this is a software bug.
2) Several times an extra ball got put into play during ball launch. I’ve not seen this happen on my machine so it is likely a flaky ball trough switch or shooter lane switch.
3) Flaky weapon target switch. No surprise here. I heard from PB support and they claim they have relocated the position of the micro switch on the target - not the kind of fix I was hoping for but I’ll wait till I get them to see for sure.
4) Similar issues I’ve reported with the up posts not stopping the ball during Derelict Ship. Pretty sure this is also a software issue.
Karl wasn’t able to get into a groove bouncing between chat and the 2 other players. They didn’t even get into hypersleep multiball the entire stream, though there were a few good scores posted. Stacking two multi-balls with a mode is clearly a great scoring strategy. I hadn’t grasped the power of the shotgun as a ball saver until this stream - this will be much easier when my weapon targets actually work.

The up posts are not programmed to go up every time you shoot the orbits in Derelict ship(I talked to Cato about this) it is a misunderstanding. See if they work in test and if they do you are good.

#819 2 years ago

The up posts are not programmed to go up every time you shoot the orbits in Derelict ship(I talked to Cato about this) it is a misunderstanding. See if they work in test and if they do you are good.

I thought that the blue shot was always supposed to direct into the pop bumpers, and that is not consistent on my game. Seems strange that it would not always give you “egg” hits.

Mine does work correctly in test mode.

#820 2 years ago

When is the ball supposed to feed the pops? I’ve never seen it happen.

#821 2 years ago

It’s been awhile, but I believe…

- When making the “explore” orbit during Derelict Ship

- When making either orbit during Queen’s Nest

- When doing an inlane -> opposing orbit combo (might be only during single ball play?) which also briefly gives higher egg bumper scoring

#822 2 years ago

Check the motherhole... if the metal is screwed the same like HW-ALIEN, sooner or later the metal gets loose and the playfield gets damaged by teared out screws!
The playfield should have been drilled beneath and the metal should have been fixed with two drive-in nuts outside, the wood screw in the middle can remain.
It's just a suggestion, but experienced by many other pinball machines with same issues, for instance WMS Indiana Jones.
A Cliffy is also available and should match from HW-ALIEN, too.

DSCN7158 (resized).JPGDSCN7158 (resized).JPG

DSCN7205 (resized).JPGDSCN7205 (resized).JPG
DSCN7445 (resized).JPGDSCN7445 (resized).JPG

#823 2 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

6. I’m getting ball trails after not very many plays, suggesting that they are using rubber and not silicone or polyurethane on their bands. Except for the flippers which are yellow. I’m going to do my usual Titan rings and Cliffy post sleeve swap. I’ll ask PB for a rubber list and share it here.
[quoted image]

Were you able to get the the rubber list from PB? Thinking of placing a Titan order ahead of my game arriving and not quite sure on the post sleeves. Thanks!

#824 2 years ago

Is that 2nd magnet on the pf the same size as the one in front of the Xeno or is it smaller?

#825 2 years ago

It's been three weeks since the invoices went out. Anyone hear anything about the shipment?

#826 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

It's been three weeks since the invoices went out. Anyone hear anything about the shipment?

Wondering the same thing. I don’t think Cointaker should have taken balances until the games were actually shipping. Now we’re stuck waiting. There are a lot of bugs that need to be addressed and hopefully they are fixing these issues before sending the games out. I hope I don’t get buyers remorse because this is the most I have ever spent on a pinball machine. I don’t mind fixing or dialing things in but hope it impresses me and plays right.

#827 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Wondering the same thing. I don’t think Cointaker should have taken balances until the games were actually shipping. Now we’re stuck waiting. There are a lot of bugs that need to be addressed and hopefully they are fixing these issues before sending the games out. I hope I don’t get buyers remorse because this is the most I have ever spent on a pinball machine. I don’t mind fixing or dialing things in but hope it impresses me and plays right.

You can usually transfer the money over to another game at Cointaker if you want- fyi

#828 2 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

You can usually transfer the money over to another game at Cointaker if you want- fyi

Trading my money over for " Golden Girls"

#829 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Yeah, crickets on my end too. I hope that they are ironing out a few of the small issues that we've seen on a couple of streams. Like the Xeno head not working every time and the stand up targets sticking like we saw on Karl's stream. Small things but hopefully most are fixed by a software update. We shall see soon enough I hope. The game looks great though

#830 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Yeah, crickets on my end too. I hope that they are ironing out a few of the small issues that we've seen on a couple of streams. Like the Xeno head not working every time and the stand up targets sticking like we saw on Karl's stream. Small things but hopefully most are fixed by a software update. We shall see soon enough I hope. The game looks great though

From my experience with the original Aliens I think wanting the Xeno to grab Every time is more then a wish. At best mine would grab every 3rd attempt. With the switches behind the magnet only a straight shot of lower speed will insure a grab. Just don't expect it to grab Every time.

#831 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From my experience with the original Aliens I think wanting the Xeno to grab Every time is more then a wish. At best mine would grab every 3rd attempt. With the switches behind the magnet only a straight shot of lower speed will insure a grab. Just don't expect it to grab Every time.

Mine's around 75% or a little better...better than BM66, not as good as IM or TWD on consistency. Depends on how hard you're smacking the targets, but generally grabs the vast majority....probably more noticeable in this game as it ties to a direct toy interaction...

#832 2 years ago

I don't understand "grab"... mine takes every ball that's frozen on the magnet.

#833 2 years ago
Quoted from Averell:

I don't understand "grab"... mine takes every ball that's frozen on the magnet.

Believe they are referring to pf magnet, not the tongue....100% eat rate on that one...

#834 2 years ago

Ok, that's true... PF magnet gets nearly 75 % of the balls - correct.

#835 2 years ago
Quoted from djsoup:

Were you able to get the the rubber list from PB? Thinking of placing a Titan order ahead of my game arriving and not quite sure on the post sleeves. Thanks!

I heard back that they don’t have a list but will put one together for me. I’ll post it when I get it.

#836 2 years ago

Tongue magnet always works if the ball has been grabbed by the playfield magnet - but the playfield magnet is less than 75% for me. It works most of the time if it is a shot that bounces into the xeno target from somewhere else (I.e. slow moving ball), but fast direct shots are never caught. It doesn’t work nearly as well as the TWD prison and well walker magnets.

#837 2 years ago

Check the settings and compare with the recommendations in the rulesheet.

#838 2 years ago

Checking in on opinions... are there any alien machines possibly available for the current delivery? Should I wait for the LV?

I already contacted cointaker about the LV.

#839 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Checking in on opinions... are there any alien machines possibly available for the current delivery? Should I wait for the LV?
I already contacted cointaker about the LV.

Wait for the LV , I am thinking it's gonna be very cool....If not I will flip it for Gilligan's Island to Red_Devils

#840 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Wait for the LV , I am thinking it's gonna be very cool....If not I will flip it for Gilligan's Island to Red_Devils

or Golden Girls lol

#841 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

The first quarter run has been sold out for months, and they still haven't been delivered, I'm not sure if the 2nd quarter run has sold out yet but seeing as though we are already nearing the end of the 2nd quarter I wouldn't expect to see them until September or later. Like Royale-W-Cheese says, you may want to hold out for the LV which is expected to be revealed in a couple of months but I don't expect them to be shipped until the end of the year. But we shall see.

#842 2 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

The first quarter run has been sold out for months, and they still haven't been delivered, I'm not sure if the 2nd quarter run has sold out yet but seeing as though we are already nearing the end of the 2nd quarter I wouldn't expect to see them until September or later. Like EightBallTexas says, you may want to hold out for the LV which is expected to be revealed in a couple of months but I don't expect them to be shipped until the end of the year. But we shall see.

I can always sell my spot....LOL...NOT. I know I am in the top 30. Be a nice year end bonus if it does arrive by then or a kick start to 2022.

Golden Girls and Mel's Diner are my grail pins.

#843 2 years ago

It would actually be nice to know where we are in line so I could plan. I was in the first list, but I've yet to hear a thing. Pretty sure 'that' much of the last half of that list got pushed back in favor of other people.

I'm not in any hurry, but I'd like to know if I should expect it in the next month or so, or not until dead of winter/next year.

#844 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

It would actually be nice to know where we are in line so I could plan. I was in the first list, but I've yet to hear a thing. Pretty sure 'that' much of the last half of that list got pushed back in favor of other people.
I'm not in any hurry, but I'd like to know if I should expect it in the next month or so, or not until dead of winter/next year.

You can email Melissa at cointaker and ask to know your #

#845 2 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I can always sell my spot....LOL...NOT. I know I am in the top 30. Be a nice year end bonus if it does arrive by then or a kick start to 2022.
Golden Girls and Mel's Diner are my grail pins.

Haha, Flo MB

#846 2 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

From my experience with the original Aliens I think wanting the Xeno to grab Every time is more then a wish. At best mine

Haha, Flo MB

Kiss my grits Mel!

#847 2 years ago

At this point I only need to know one thing...where they are

#848 2 years ago

FLO MB ...lol

#849 2 years ago
Quoted from Llabnip1972:

Kiss my grits Mel!

HAHA Kiss my Grits Mode.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders
Pinball Machine
$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, SC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Broadway, VA
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Shooter rods
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution
Pinball Machine
$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,574 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 372.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/17?hl=fsumassey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.