Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 376.
#8701 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought who wants to live forever was from Conan The Barbarian, instant buy for me, but nope
Maybe in the future.

Very much Highlander...

#8702 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I thought who wants to live forever was from Conan The Barbarian, instant buy for me, but nope
Maybe in the future.

I would donate my pinky toe for a Conan the Barbarian pin.

#8703 1 year ago

Made some progress on the PnP Extended Play Coil Cooler kit... This game gets hot.

IMG_0950 (resized).jpegIMG_0950 (resized).jpeg

#8704 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Made some progress on the PnP Extended Play Coil Cooler kit... This game gets hot.
[quoted image]

cool! - no pun intended!
I am buying a 3d printer soon and will be working at making my own fan holders, I know this mod already exist but since I am buying the 3d printer for other things, might as well print this too.

#8705 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

cool! - no pun intended!
I am buying a 3d printer soon and will be working at making my own fan holders, I know this mod already exist but since I am buying the 3d printer for other things, might as well print this too.

That is the amazing part of having a 3d printer! Welcome to the hobby.

#8706 1 year ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Pin 3 needs to be "Predator" Take my money now.

A thousand times yes. Take mine too!

Also...

#71 landed at my house yesterday. It had a couple wires pulled from some light connectors on account of the loom being zip tied up super tight. Been playing fine so far gonna drink a few beers and do more testing tonight.

20220720_204508 (resized).jpg20220720_204508 (resized).jpg
#8707 1 year ago

I absolutely love this game - so glad I took a chance on it, I think it's brilliant.

That's all I came in here to say.

#8708 1 year ago

Shawn had my replacement target to me in 2 days with great communication, so for me it’s been a positive experience thus far

Quoted from Baggerman:

I did not have this occur to mine, but compared your image to my machine. THey should not be glued down at all. I had a broken ball guide over by mother that i needed to replace. It was held in place by posts that were T nutted to playfield underside. you will need to remove that plastic, the wire form, most likeley the Yutani elevated ramp to get full access. I would open a ticket with Pbros before proceed and send them images of the area like you have here. We have Shawn in the USA providing support so turn around time may be improved then dealing with Sweden.

#8709 1 year ago

I dunno , I also dont really trust music pins (money grab anyone?) but this layout looks pretty awesome, and agreed the art/cab look great https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2022/07/21/queen-revealed/

#8710 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

[quoted image]

First I also printed 3d part but now I found fans that fit directly on the coil. Very nice, 5v, running via USB. Check on Aliexpress
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005004043076646.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.309679d2kkWbMq&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld

20220529_135306 (resized).jpg20220529_135306 (resized).jpg20220529_135310 (resized).jpg20220529_135310 (resized).jpg20220529_135315 (resized).jpg20220529_135315 (resized).jpg20220529_135333 (resized).jpg20220529_135333 (resized).jpg
#8711 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

First I also printed 3d part but now I found fans that fit directly on the coil. Very nice, 5v, running via USB. Check on Aliexpress
https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005004043076646.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.309679d2kkWbMq&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those fans look awesome...just ordered some where did you connect the power lead too?

#8712 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/1005004043076646.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.309679d2kkWbMq&gatewayAdapt=glo2nld[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! That looks like a great setup. How is the noise level on those fans? Have you had any issues with them coming loose and falling off the coils? I don’t see a need to reinvent the wheel if there is already a working solution to the problem.

#8713 1 year ago

How do these mount to the coils?

Quoted from PeterG:

#8714 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

How do these mount to the coils?

They seem to have a heat sink that clamps on around the coil.

Heat transfers from the coil to the heatsink and the fans cools the HS down… however…

If you want to nerd out, I would connect a thermocouple to the coil to measure the temp with just the fan and another reading with the heatsink.

The heat transfer might not be efficient without the use of thermal paste - which is used in between components and a heatsink - in other words, the HS might not work and it is actually detrimental to the cooling process (blocking the air)

Thinking out loud

#8715 1 year ago

Yeah I feel like that heatsink is doing nothing but block airflow.

I want someone to make a relay that Powers the fans only when a game is being played.

#8716 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

They seem to have a heat sink that clamps on around the coil.
Heat transfers from the coil to the heatsink and the fans cools the HS down… however…
If you want to nerd out, I would connect a thermocouple to the coil to measure the temp with just the fan and another reading with the heatsink.
The heat transfer might not be efficient without the use of thermal paste - which is used in between components and a heatsink - in other words, the HS might not work and it is actually detrimental to the cooling process (blocking the air)
Thinking out loud

Im interested in this theory and I have my thermo couples setup on my game currently. I just ordered one of these heatsinks from amazon and ill do a comparison of the temps between just a fan blowing air and the heatsink setup.

#8717 1 year ago

LV deposit 1/24/22..final invoice paid in full 7/21/22. Not expecting FedEx to show up anytime soon though. Maybe someone cancelled and moved me up on the list??

#8718 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

LV deposit 1/24/22..final invoice paid in full 7/21/22. Not expecting FedEx to show up anytime soon though. Maybe someone cancelled and moved me up on the list??

Suipposedly shipment hit port Newark on 7/18.. so who knows maybe youll get a nice suprise?

#8719 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

I was invoiced for my LV (deposit down 10/20/21) on the 18th - the actual quickbooks invoice has text in the notes field for mine that read:

"games are on the water and will hit NYC Port within a few weeks, balance is now due"

Anyone have anything different?

#8720 1 year ago

SV vs. LV comments...

1. Makes zero sense to me that PB doesnt allow SV owners to add a shaker (thats a major head scratcher to me and very short sided thinking)

2. The beacons on the LV are frankly a really nice to have so adding those to the SV is a great touch (not sure if u can do this or not?)

3. I like the stainless look better on the SV vs the LV....game has an industrial look and feel, which is why I like the stainless trim

4. I really like the LV translite although the SV is fine

5. The side armor is cool on the LV, but the SV is perfectly suitable

6. The additional lighting on the LV is awesome. I've owned over 40 games and have never purchased Pin Stadiums. I ended up purchasing a set for Alien as it is way too dark for me (at least when playing in a dark room). I get the mood of the game is dark, but when can't see shots its a problem (at least for me)

7. It appears the LV uses a different Leaf switches on the flippers, which I can only imagine is an improvement over the soft feel the SV has (not saying its bad, but its very different).

Overall its a really fun game although I wish it was easier to add additional lighting i.e trough lighting to the game. Typically I use comet matrix on all my other games, but with no traditional bulbs in the game it becomes a challenge.

#8721 1 year ago

Real good to hear so many like this pin .Patiently waiting for the call was told July

#8722 1 year ago

Is Aien LV and SE a 6 ball game?

#8723 1 year ago
Quoted from brendan:

I was invoiced for my LV (deposit down 10/20/21) on the 18th - the actual quickbooks invoice has text in the notes field for mine that read:
"games are on the water and will hit NYC Port within a few weeks, balance is now due"

That's what my memo said as well on the invoice. Word for word.

#8724 1 year ago
Quoted from brendan:

My invoice just said “Games are on the way to the US, Final balance now due”. I follow PB on Facebook and every week or two they post pictures of a full container on a truck leaving their parking lot. If you zoom in on the picture the boxes actually have the LV check marked and USA written on them. Seems legit.

#8725 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

My invoice just said “Games are on the way to the US, Final balance now due”. I follow PB on Facebook and every week or two they post pictures of a full container on a truck leaving their parking lot. If you zoom in on the picture the boxes actually have the LV check marked and USA written on them. Seems legit.

They are pumping games out. 98% of them are LV’s according to their video.

My game is due to arrive Wednesday!

#8726 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Get some more freakin svs over here!!

#8727 1 year ago
Quoted from calprog:

Is Aien LV and SE a 6 ball game?

Yes both versions are 6 ball games. The All Out War wizard mode is the only time that all 6 balls are used.

#8728 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Supposedly a container landed on the 18th.. day or two storage, then shipping to cointaker.. me thinks new LV posts gonna happen all next week if true

#8729 1 year ago

The fans do indeed clam around the coil. Never had problems with it. You can use adhesive heat tape if needed. I power all mods to a seperate power supply which i connected to the power switch. I did all these on 5v and usb adapter. I used a 2.1A version. Noise level is ok as long as the cabinet is closed you do not hear them. Open the coindoor you can hear them but not so loud as the Stern ones in the backbox.

#8730 1 year ago

Testing done and its pretty obvious why the hypersleep lock shot gets harder and harder as the game goes on.

Alien (resized).pngAlien (resized).png
#8731 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Testing done and its pretty obvious why the hypersleep lock shot gets harder and harder as the game goes on.
[quoted image]

Are you going to make coolers specifically for Alien/Pinball Brothers?

#8732 1 year ago

Nice info. Wonder how the $2.34 fans from China work. I could outfit 20 of my games for the price of one of the premium fan kits out there. I'm sure they are not as good, but they may be good enough.

Quoted from SlapDrain:

[quoted image]

#8733 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

Nice info. Wonder how the $2.34 fans from China work. I could outfit 20 of my games for the price of one of the premium fan kits out there. I'm sure they are not as good, but they may be good enough.

The fan can easily be replaced by a better and quieter one.

#8734 1 year ago
Quoted from mikeflan:

They would be good enough for sure. If you have the ability to diy I highly encourage it.

Quoted from HydrogenHuman:

Are you going to make coolers specifically for Alien/Pinball Brothers?

Yes I am!

#8735 1 year ago

What's the power supply for yalls fans, 5v or 12v? Where are you pulling from?

#8736 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What's the power supply for yalls fans, 5v or 12v? Where are you pulling from?

12v external power supply.

#8737 1 year ago

Plugged into the service outlet?

I've been trying to come up with a way to make them run only when the game is on. Something like a sound activated relay that stays on for 5 minutes after hearing a flipper go clack.

#8738 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Plugged into the service outlet?
I've been trying to come up with a way to make them run only when the game is on. Something like a sound activated relay that stays on for 5 minutes after hearing a flipper go clack.

I’m using a splitter before the power supply in the bottom of the cab. It’s the easiest way to power an external power supply for mods. This is before the power switch but I use a smart plug to kill power to my games. I will be working on a setup that triggers when the game is on for people that use the power switch. I’m leaning towards a light sensor on the gi. I’m trying to keep the cost as low as possible for my kits.

66C203E6-DF66-4B15-967A-6A7FAD667292 (resized).jpeg66C203E6-DF66-4B15-967A-6A7FAD667292 (resized).jpeg

#8739 1 year ago

I have games on location that I'd consider putting fans on but I'd only want them running while games are played plus a few minutes

#8740 1 year ago

Does increasing flipper strength help with the Hypersleep lock?

#8741 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

I have my upper right at +25% helps me, pretty good at hitting it now.

#8742 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I have games on location that I'd consider putting fans on but I'd only want them running while games are played plus a few minutes

The fans included in my kits are server grade and are designed to run 24/7 for years in extreme environments. I have a few of my kits on games that are on location for months running 15hrs a day with zero issues.

Quoted from ticktockman:

In my experience yes but only for so long

Quoted from Mageek:

I have my upper right at +25% helps me, pretty good at hitting it now.

I had my flippers set this way as well but it only lasts for so long until they start to fade from heat.

#8743 1 year ago

These fans are the ones I used from our local supplier RS Components and just a very simple right angle bracket from the hardware store. Very cost effective and worked well. Unfortunately I don't have a picture installed.
I had a external power supply which I connected post game switch so was driven by game on condition.

I also added one below the bb pc cabinet and an extra rear box vent as the og ones are blocked by the speaker boxes. That box runs too hot imo.

20220724_064830 (resized).jpg20220724_064830 (resized).jpgreceived_465251158393242 (resized).jpegreceived_465251158393242 (resized).jpegreceived_984673535784143 (resized).jpegreceived_984673535784143 (resized).jpeg
#8744 1 year ago

I've never ordered from COINTAKER before (I'm in Canada) but I paid for my ALIEN LV in full in June 2022 (I'm #81) but I didn't hear anything from them since, so I emailed them today. Surprised was I by their short response "Yours is in port at nyc."

Ooooooookay.

So I asked again, what is my ETA?

Another short response "We only ship to us. U will have to broker into Canada."

Again, no other info given, first time I've been told about this.

Is this the way COINTAKER always treats customers who pay over $10,000 for a serious product as such? It's like pulling teeth. Sheeeeeesh.

I emailed her back, asking for more info since I've never done such a transaction with them. No FAQ, no "sorry you waited so long", no "I'll get back to you with more info", just short responses from an iphone.

Not the best experience so far and I've yet to receive the product (biting fingernails)...

#8745 1 year ago

Is there a reason you ordered from Cointaker instead of Nitro or whoever the Canadian distributor is?

#8746 1 year ago

Nitro is the Canadian distributor, they get them from cointaker so should have gone through Nitro.

#8747 1 year ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Is there a reason you ordered from Cointaker instead of Nitro or whoever the Canadian distributor is?

Most importantly, I wasn't told by Cointaker that any such issues would be forthcoming. Had I known, I obviously would have gone with NITRO but the problem with that is that they're completely on the West Coast (BC), while I'm on the East Coast (Quebec) so Cointaker was just "closer" to me (East Coast). Again, I had no idea that I would be dealing with brokers myself. No Quebec distributors were touching Pinball Bros. But my issue isn't even that, as much as the fact that my ALIEN LV was apparently "at the NY port" and nobody even bothered to tell me about it, until I emailed them. And even then, very little info. Just wondering if that's par for the course for CT? I operate my own business and always treat customers as I'd like to be treated, so I was quite surprised by this lack of attention to my $10k shipment -- to note, they did cash my payment real fast though!

#8748 1 year ago

Yes, it does seem that is how CT is....no idea why. Nice enough, just really hard to get any info out of them. Maybe it's a 2nd job...

#8749 1 year ago

They are definitely reactive on the information instead of proactive. I am experiencing the same in communication.

#8750 1 year ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Most importantly, I wasn't told by Cointaker that any such issues would be forthcoming. Had I known, I obviously would have gone with NITRO but the problem with that is that they're completely on the West Coast (BC), while I'm on the East Coast (Quebec) so Cointaker was just "closer" to me (East Coast). Again, I had no idea that I would be dealing with brokers myself. No Quebec distributors were touching Pinball Bros. But my issue isn't even that, as much as the fact that my ALIEN LV was apparently "at the NY port" and nobody even bothered to tell me about it, until I emailed them. And even then, very little info. Just wondering if that's par for the course for CT? I operate my own business and always treat customers as I'd like to be treated, so I was quite surprised by this lack of attention to my $10k shipment -- to note, they did cash my payment real fast though!

You game wasn’t allocated to you until you asked for it I’m sure. If you hadn’t asked you’d probably still be waiting. This is absolutely the type of communication to expect with cointaker and it’s incredibly unfortunate as they are the only supplier for two very desirable and high priced pinball machines (Lebowski and Alien). Due to my difficulties with each order, all of which would be solved by clear and efficient communication, I’m incredibly hesitant to purchase anything else through cointaker. You are not alone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Woodstock, GA
$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 160.00
$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,775 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/175?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.