Alien pinball (resized).jpg
20240414_165244 (resized).jpg
20240307_181954 (resized).jpg
20240307_180602 (resized).jpg
IMG_5412 (resized).jpg
IMG_5411 (resized).jpg
IMG_9571 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

7 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 18,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 376.
#8402 1 year ago

brado426 has there been an further news regarding ball drops? They closed my ticket with no action, but I backed off worrying about it when you said they had reproduced the issue

#8403 1 year ago

What are peoples thoughts on code depth? How finished is it? Is this something that is being worked on and evolving?

Is there a flow chart or something similar available?

#8404 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

What are peoples thoughts on code depth? How finished is it? Is this something that is being worked on and evolving?

As far as I can tell you have the 5 modes per movie equalling 10 modes, 4 different mulitiballs, save newt as a wizard mode and all out war multiball for the grand finale..

#8405 1 year ago

Save Newt isn't really a wizard mode, just one of the 4 main multiballs. The 5th mode of each movie is also a potential multiball (we DID think of those as mini-wiz modes). You've also got the weapons, combos (including the seldom-mentioned Host and Chestburster combos), and Rescue to add some spice.

#8406 1 year ago

It's rule sets are on par with a William's dmd 90' game which is awesome for me.

#8407 1 year ago

I think the game code itself is finished and no different than the HWY version. A decent player can probably get to all the modes fairly quickly because you just need to qualify the modes, not beat them to get to wizard mode. Actually beating all the modes is another story (I think). Many of the modes are timed - and therefore short. All that is not to lead you to believe the game is easy or shallow, it is more of about a good player could probably see most things fairly quickly. I do not know if there is anything different in the code if you qualify all missions vs. beat all missions.

I agree with the above statement about 90's games.

#8408 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Yes, I ordered from cointaker in Jan 22’. Did you order an SV or an LV? Strange I got mine before you if it’s an SV.

Yeah I put deposit down Dec 2021 for an SV.

Emailed Melissa and she said maybe mine is on
water.
None of this ever makes any sense. Lol

Glad you got your game.

Hopefully I get contacted for final payment soon.

Ive sold 2 nice refurbished pins and been doing side
jobs and over all hustling to raise the money.

Can't wait.

#8409 1 year ago

Mission successful !

366E160F-D21E-4094-AAAE-D320353C88CC (resized).jpeg366E160F-D21E-4094-AAAE-D320353C88CC (resized).jpeg

EB7052DB-9C9D-4055-BC10-E138A4BB96BB (resized).jpegEB7052DB-9C9D-4055-BC10-E138A4BB96BB (resized).jpeg

78D444B4-A118-4437-8D0F-F65801C13482 (resized).jpeg78D444B4-A118-4437-8D0F-F65801C13482 (resized).jpeg382B4B15-A4F3-4740-B8B6-093A9997383E (resized).jpeg382B4B15-A4F3-4740-B8B6-093A9997383E (resized).jpeg7020E52F-CEF9-44E1-9A61-667B01B711F5 (resized).jpeg7020E52F-CEF9-44E1-9A61-667B01B711F5 (resized).jpeg3379BECF-C7BA-4E60-9B83-3A315B6C726B (resized).jpeg3379BECF-C7BA-4E60-9B83-3A315B6C726B (resized).jpeg
#8410 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Mission successful !
[quoted image]

Out of curiosity did you talk to them at all or did they ask about the machine? Are they aware of it, played it, etc?

#8411 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I do not know if there is anything different in the code if you qualify all missions vs. beat all missions.

I've often heard people say that they find the movie missions difficult to complete. "Beat all missions" is probably nigh impossible -- especially since we don't let you replay them (unless you play through them all and loop back again) -- we debated this a lot during the dev process. However, scoring in the movie mini-wiz modes (Self Destruct and Loader Battle) is based on how many of the corresponding movie's modes you completed, and of course Scene Bonus (earned by completing modes) can be very significant, so if you care about points, completing modes is a Good Idea.

#8412 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

I've often heard people say that they find the movie missions difficult to complete. "Beat all missions" is probably nigh impossible -- especially since we don't let you replay them (unless you play through them all and loop back again) -- we debated this a lot during the dev process. However, scoring in the movie mini-wiz modes (Self Destruct and Loader Battle) is based on how many of the corresponding movie's modes you completed, and of course Scene Bonus (earned by completing modes) can be very significant, so if you care about points, completing modes is a Good Idea.

Ferret
Are you part of the dev team in charge of the software updating the system OS or just the game code?
Curious to know why these machines freeze up in attract mode as some users here have reported and want to know if PB has made any progress in code to solve this issue.

#8413 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Are you part of the dev team in charge of the software updating the system OS or just the game code?

None of the above.

I did game code for Alien right through to the end of Heighway. I haven't touched Alien code since then -- it's been in the capable hands of Brian Dominy, who was the other developer on the original project. (The game software is built on his framework.)

#8414 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Ferret
Curious to know why these machines freeze up in attract mode as some users here have reported and want to know if PB has made any progress in code to solve this issue.

I haven't had game freeze up in attract mode but lighting on playfield can still lock to only the pink/purple on mine at times. Game always starts and plays.

#8415 1 year ago

We are playing Alien tonight at 9pm ET! twitch.tv/wilddogarcade

#8416 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

This game has one of my favorite rulesets ever. I truly think you created a masterpiece! I hope you are given lots of room to code wherever you are now!

#8417 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Does anyone know the forum post of the staged flipper fix?

The LV has staged flipper switches and software to use them. Not sure if the SV is able to now be retrofitted with a dual flipper switch stack, as it is dependent upon whether it is coded in the firmware or software for the SV.

#8418 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

The LV has staged flipper switches and software to use them. Not sure if the SV is able to now be retrofitted with a dual flipper switch stack, as it is dependent upon whether it is coded in the firmware or software for the SV.

Thank you, I don’t have the machine yet, I just thought I was missing something

#8419 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

None of the above.
I did game code for Alien right through to the end of Heighway. I haven't touched Alien code since then -- it's been in the capable hands of Brian Dominy, who was the other developer on the original project. (The game software is built on his framework.)

Any secret to hitting that Hypersleep shot?

#8420 1 year ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Cato did mention that coding would also be for SV but he needed to draft a wiring "hack' for SV to work with dual switches.. dont think that has happened yet. Does the LV have staged Flips that work right now?

#8421 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

Any secret to hitting that Hypersleep shot?

Not really. Just gotta find it on your particular machine.

Although the geometry is obviously different, this shot reminds me of the Millions Plus ramp on Whirlwind: not easy, sometimes rejects when you swear you made it, but feels really good when you make it.

#8422 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

I think the game code itself is finished and no different than the HWY version. A decent player can probably get to all the modes fairly quickly because you just need to qualify the modes, not beat them to get to wizard mode. Actually beating all the modes is another story (I think). Many of the modes are timed - and therefore short. All that is not to lead you to believe the game is easy or shallow, it is more of about a good player could probably see most things fairly quickly. I do not know if there is anything different in the code if you qualify all missions vs. beat all missions.
I agree with the above statement about 90's games.

Quoted from kciaccio:

It's rule sets are on par with a William's dmd 90' game which is awesome for me.

Quoted from Tsskinne:

This game has one of my favorite rulesets ever. I truly think you created a masterpiece! I hope you are given lots of room to code wherever you are now!

That’s good to hear! My only real concern is with tiring of the code quickly. I want there to be enough meat there to keep me coming back. I like a variety of games from different eras but have struggled to find many 90s games that keep my attention besides Shadow. I’m hoping this game can stay a long while.

#8423 1 year ago

That’s good to hear! My only real concern is with tiring of the code quickly. I want there to be enough meat there to keep me coming back. I like a variety of games from different eras but have struggled to find many 90s games that keep my attention besides Shadow. I’m hoping this game can stay a long while.

It reminds me of Shadow with more depth.

#8424 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

not easy, sometimes rejects when you swear you made it, but feels really good when you make it.

… my favorite shot in all of pinball.

#8425 1 year ago

Absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever with the rules on this game. Its a movie pin, so heavily mode based was the right way to go, they aren't linear and 10 of them is plenty. You also get 5 really great multiballs (although never got to All Out War) plus you have some extra depth with rescue, life cycles, destroyed eggs, dropship double scoring and how you use the weapons. Couple of really great thing about the multiballs on this - you actually have a lot of control when to start them, and when they do begin it's always pretty exciting, unlike some other games.

Also agree the hypersleep shot itself is amazing!

#8426 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Out of curiosity did you talk to them at all or did they ask about the machine? Are they aware of it, played it, etc?

yeah they had no clue. Only sgt frost (ricco) looked interested. The lady chaperoning him (local town person) knew about pinball and showed me a pic of her spooky Halloween
Haha.

definitely need Vasquez next "lets rock!"

left panel will be for alien actors if i can ever meet them

Have no idea if I will ever be able to get Sigourney sig, Bill Paxton gone too

#8427 1 year ago

Anybody have the info on the ship? I sent an email to cointaker but I asked two questions and they seem to reply to a maximum of one question, if they reply at all.

Bummed cointaker wouldn't let me make the trip and pick it up instead of paying the $400+ shipping either. Bunch of doodoo.

#8428 1 year ago
Quoted from ticktockman:Any secret to hitting that Hypersleep shot?

What pitch is your game at? I've read where too much pitch can make the already difficult shot even harder

#8429 1 year ago
Quoted from PunkPin:

What pitch is your game at? I've read where too much pitch can make the already difficult shot even harder

Mine works great at 6.5. This game is never going to be as quick as a modern Stern, no matter what pitch you set it to. But who wants every game to feel the same!

#8430 1 year ago

So I got the new Tilt Graphics Alien art blades and they did a great job but you can't really see most of the art once installed (mainly the eggs at the bottom). Just in case anyone is considering the options, here are the installed pictures. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have chosen mirror blades on this game. I still think they look good and anything is an improvement over plain black stock.

IMG_20220709_222737770 (resized).jpgIMG_20220709_222737770 (resized).jpgIMG_20220709_222750618 (resized).jpgIMG_20220709_222750618 (resized).jpg
#8431 1 year ago

Just checked my email randomly and there was a shipping notification from cointaker! No tracking number but it will start to move west tomorrow.
I'm getting an lv, no specific number, don't care.
Put my dollar down day after Christmas 2020 paid final invoice late April 2022, anyone else who paid final in April watch out you could be seeing movement soon.
Can't wait, crossing my fingers for a solid build, hopeful cuz of what I've seen unboxed lately.

#8432 1 year ago
Quoted from Ferret:

None of the above.

I agree with the above sir you have helped create a great game here! Hope to buy you a beer one day!

Quoted from Baggerman:

Cato did mention that coding would also be for SV but he needed to draft a wiring "hack' for SV to work with dual switches.. dont think that has happened yet. Does the LV have staged Flips that work right now?

Yes they do! The only thing about this game that infuriates me is the lack of dual flippers, and then knowing that the LV players have them stock.. -_- Hopefully they make the dual stack switches an option for SV owners soon. My understanding is we will require a new Firmware update to make it work? Considering if they gave us the Fw update that LV owners have I assume we would be able to add beacons (which they have said wont happen) I am starting to get antsy about knowing how/when this will happen. Hopefully - soon..

#8433 1 year ago

Regarding the code; I am not a horrible player, but honestly have owned the game since March and still havent qualified the main 'All Out War' finale - my top score so far is only in the 2-300million range... the 'linear' gameplay really helps enhance the 'story' of the two movies as you progress, and all the missions are unique, easy to play but tough to master.

The only thing the game code could use in my opinion; MU-TH-R mystery video mode!

#8434 1 year ago

The mystery is also not really a mystery, in the mode you always get more time. Wonder if this is a setting?
For now my strategy is to shoot the mystery only if not in a mode.

#8435 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

The mystery is also not really a mystery, in the mode you always get more time. Wonder if this is a setting?
For now my strategy is to shoot the mystery only if not in a mode.

Mystery adds a ball in multiball always, more time almost always in mode. i have seen mystery spit out an extra ball 1 time in months when not in mode.. a handful of ball saves, etc.

#8436 1 year ago
Quoted from billsgto:

So I got the new Tilt Graphics Alien art blades and they did a great job but you can't really see most of the art once installed (mainly the eggs at the bottom). Just in case anyone is considering the options, here are the installed pictures. Knowing what I know now, I probably would have chosen mirror blades on this game. I still think they look good and anything is an improvement over plain black stock.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Aaargh this was so disappointing about the blades I got from them for BKSoR. They must design them outside the cab. There's this awesome studded leather look along the bottom that you never see as it's completely under the playfield.

#8437 1 year ago
Quoted from NashtyFunk:

It’s day 190 since I paid in full for Alien LV #32.
Feeling like it’s close now.
Went ahead and had shoulder surgery so I can’t play it for another 4 weeks, so maybe time will line up just right.
It is stateside at least.

Why do you have to pay in full and then wait 6 months or more to get the game? I have a deposit down on one, but I don't like the fact that they are asking for full payment and then it's 6 month or more until you receive the game...I thought they asked for the rest of the payment when they had it state side and it was ready to ship to you.....how is this any different than paying for the game in full with Highway and then crossing your fingers that you get it? After the highway fiasco, this makes me a little uncomfortable...

#8438 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine works great at 6.5. This game is never going to be as quick as a modern Stern, no matter what pitch you set it to. But who wants every game to feel the same!

Mine had been at 6.7 since I initially setup about 2 months ago, and I just dropped it down to 6.3 this weekend. I'm able to make the ball lock and #3 shot alot more now. Didn't mess with flipper strength either. I think it's definitely supposed to be in this range. (6.3-6.5)

#8439 1 year ago
Quoted from conester:

Why do you have to pay in full and then wait 6 months or more to get the game? I have a deposit down on one, but I don't like the fact that they are asking for full payment and then it's 6 month or more until you receive the game...I thought they asked for the rest of the payment when they had it state side and it was ready to ship to you.....how is this any different than paying for the game in full with Highway and then crossing your fingers that you get it? After the highway fiasco, this makes me a little uncomfortable...

They ask for your money when they are asked for money from PB. I would guess that the liquidity to cover an entire container of games (let alone multiple in transit at once) is far more than most retailers could handle.

The difference to me is that PB has already shipped more games then Heighway ever did. And you do have an intermediary between your purchase.

#8440 1 year ago

Any others get shipping notice this week? I was told mine was shipping this week but have yet to receive anything.

#8441 1 year ago

LV #33 is delivered and on location at Center of the Universe brewery in Ashland, VA.

Flippers were cranked down tight. Properly gapping them from the bushing increased the power greatly. Most everything worked out of the box with the exception of the left flipper cabinet switches barely making contact at full push, an easy fix.

The coin door situation was a mess. One works properly for quarters. One registers a full credit as if it was a DBA. The other loose wire does nothing when connected in the appropriate place. There is no DBA harness that I could see. I'll put in a service ticket when I get home.

The sound is so good. Any fan of the movies will be pleased. I hope my players give it enough plays to learn the shots, it's definitely a different world being a wide body.

#8442 1 year ago

My LV is being delivered tomorrow. Year and a half wait!!

#8443 1 year ago

Seeing as my LV that I got last week was #983, does that mean all 1000 were made and accounted for.

Also, had my best game yesterday. Only had 9m going into Ball 3; one of the reasons I never quit a game early.

3289890C-95DB-4DAF-B206-E86CC57264D1 (resized).jpeg3289890C-95DB-4DAF-B206-E86CC57264D1 (resized).jpeg
#8444 1 year ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

My LV is being delivered tomorrow. Year and a half wait!!

Mine is coming soon! Been waiting 7 years. Lol

#8445 1 year ago

Anyone else having trouble with the high scores resetting? I’ve changed the battery as per PB instructions. Still doing it. Three times it’s happened. It’s not the high score reset that’s in the settings. I alway turn that off or raise the number when I get a machine. All other game settings are not resetting. Just the scores.

#8446 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Anyone else having trouble with the high scores resetting? I’ve changed the battery as per PB instructions. Still doing it. Three times it’s happened. It’s not the high score reset that’s in the settings. I alway turn that off or raise the number when I get a machine. All other game settings are not resetting. Just the scores.

I had this happen once too - which is a shame as I had a 380 million game on there that I still haven't been able to beat.

#8447 1 year ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

I had this happen once too - which is a shame as I had a 380 million game on there that I still haven't been able to beat.

I had a 540 that’s gone.

#8448 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I had a 540 that’s gone.

Sure you did...
Just kidding , nice score

#8449 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Sure you did...
Just kidding , nice score

I know it was a joke but I did get a picture to send a mate that would say the exact same thing.

A9B7E26A-0CD2-448D-A463-FD451AFF70A4 (resized).jpegA9B7E26A-0CD2-448D-A463-FD451AFF70A4 (resized).jpeg
And I’m having to build it back up again.

048F5C43-853E-4594-9B7F-73AB23C99F7E (resized).jpeg048F5C43-853E-4594-9B7F-73AB23C99F7E (resized).jpeg
#8450 1 year ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

I know it was a joke but I did get a picture to send a mate that would say the exact same thing.
[quoted image]
And I’m having to build it back up again. [quoted image]

Nice photoshop mate!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mckinney, TX
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 10,595.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,375.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 160.00
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Arlington, VA
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

$ 299.99
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8,595.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Traders

$ 10,695.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 169 of 376.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-brothers-alien-remake-owners-club/page/169 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.